• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Dawngarde Village] Badgers, Bees, and... Werebadgers?

Oliver Delselmon

The elven man sighed, the beast had been slain and he got the spell out without issue! How nice, he felt luke a more capable mage already...

But... The badger man was abit hurt still... So was the newcomer, oh well, best he heal that one since Kaos ever so deigned the heal the badger... That one was an oddity... For a few readons...

Well, the less he thinks about the brat the better.

He turns towards the new fellow, noticing the magic had returned just in time for another cast. The fair faced elven man gave the red eyed one a once over, abit dinged up but healing never hurted... Much... Though he didn't know much about the boy he was certainly verbose. Spoke quite abit with a... Way of speaking that one might consider him an orator of some sort. He tried to think about work that focuses on speaking and... Well... There were quite a few really. His mind went back to his old life, remembering those anime women online who played games in skimpy themeatic outfits... He wondered how he could even begin to explain such a concept to his two friend Hunter and Shappa.

Disregarding that thought, he began to cast the healing spell upon the pale young man.

• Swift heal - Healing D, A basic healing ability, capable of knitting together a good bit of hurts. Grade D 2 post cooldown
"Now then, lets see this Tarofry fellow- Oh my word hes adorable." Oliver slapped a hand to his mouth quickly as soon as he said it. He was quiet, hoping... That nobody heard that... He couldn't help himself what with that cute little badger face...

Surely the others would agree badgers were cute right?

Right?

Vasumir
1651800080000.png
Finally...
Vasumir was now able to fully calm down, not only thanks to the threat being vanquished, but also by no small degree thanks to the herbal mixture a young elven girl had given him. It had a surprisingly good effect, despite only seemingly constisting of a few different kinds of leaves, then again, his own knowledge about herbal medicine had never been good, even before his first death. On top that, the girl, started administering basic treatment, certainly not enough to fully heal him, but in combination with the mixture, enough to keep his state from relapsing into a bad one once more.

"Despite my reckless behaviour, I have to clarify that I possess no intention of dying just yet. As such you have my utmost gratitude for decreasing the chances of me being forced to eternal sleep."

The shapeshifter had now approached while he had thanked the elven girl. From his tone, the interaction between the different group members and his words, Vasumir infered that he at least in this very moment acted in a leadership position or a similar position of authority. In short, the group members would most likely listen to his decision. As such, displeasing the shapeshifter or even just leaving a bad impression, could unfold to be a problem. Letting him wait too long, certainly wouldn't be any better. Even worse if the shapeshifter would deem Vasumir's words to be not the full truth.

He would have to show his best manners, hoping to not draw too much attention towards his original goal and rather towards himself, for even if Vasumir would attempt to explain it, it would sound highly suspicious.

Impress - Etiquette E, Academia F, Arcana F - Vasumir tries his best to shift someones opinion about him into a more positive one, by displaying his extensive knowledge properly and impressing his conversation partner - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

So his answer couldn't wait too long. Yet answering to quick, could just arouse as much doubt, Vasumir had to feel out the exact timing and once he believed his feelings to have picked up on it, he took his chance.

"There is no need not thank me, you've aided me much more than I, and be certain that I will do my utmost to repay you at a later date, even if fate will prevent us from meeting once more. But I digress, to answer your question and not add up to my rude behaviour any longer, an introduction is in place."

Vasumir bowed, as gracefully as he could in his condition.
"Vasumir, a travelling scholar or so I like to think about myself. I fear, I cannot provide you with any more information about my person in that regard, it has been not to long since I've arrived in this plane of existence, as such, there is not much to my name yet. And finally, to answer your question of why I am here, I will have to be somewhat vague, since I cannot sadly explain it to you fully. To keep it short and not waste more of your precious time, my goal in exploring so to speak these woods, was to find something."

Good. It would hopefully be enough.

"But alas, I was unprepared for how difficult my search could prove and in my current situation, continuing will be difficult, not to mention, that I think I've already gathered all the clues I could have from this place to get one step closer to finding what I seek. Now unfortunately, I am because of this sudden break, somewhat stranded and would have to ask your help in safely reaching the outside."

... He had to pause. It was extremely embarassing to have to ask for even more help.
"I know, you've helped me already plenty and I am already incapable of repaying you. As such should you decline, I'd fully understand, not that that would be necessary since it is your decision regardless. But I implore you, if you could at least allow me to temporarily follow you. I will by no means be a burden, you do not even need to take notice of me and may just fully ignore my presence even if I was in mortal danger. I just am in need of a guide for directions and am fully prepared to pay the price, should things go dire."

At least a direction. That was all he needed. Hopefully the shapeshifter wouldn't decline, or worse try to apprehend Vasumir thinking he might be out to harm them. But whatever would be the decision, he would accept it, should they prove him dangerous, Vasumir could not resist, not after all their aid, he would have to just accept it. *Sigh* Even if just the thought of it, made him shiver. He wasn't ready to perish, but accepting of eternal sleep? Oddly enough, it felt fine, with the exception of his body instinctively still tensing up by the thought, as long as he followed his principles and repayed them, it wouldn't matter what happened or what ended.

And then suddenly Vasumir felt his wounds closing and state bettering, Oliver had started putting his magic to the test, and the amn possessed certianly some impressive abilities, since compared to the treatment of the elven girl, this ones, should be sufficient to guarantee his swift recovery. Yet Vasumir hoped, that Oliver hadn't noticed him tensing up, when he had started to think about the potential grim outlook of his future. Last someone had noticed his momentary feelings, they've misunderstood it for a permanent picture of his feelings, and misunderstanding were the last thing he wished to deliver.

Quick. He had to draw Oliver's attention away, to be certain, that if he noticed, he would forget about it. Oliver's seemed to possess impeccable timing.
"Indeed he is adorable. His height and I do not wish to be insulting, reminds me of my old pupils. They were just as adorable, though a bit less fluffy and more fleshy than a badger. Nonetheless, they proved themselves many times to be fierce fighters, just as the badger."
"Hah. I owe you even more now. Tarofry if I am correct. You have my absolute gratitude, for reminding me of my pupils. Even if I cannot be with them any longer, my memories will live on and your existence aided in guaranteeing that."

Skyhunter Skyhunter velle velle Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong

kaos kylsm
the elf
tags
Hunter of the Skies ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Oliver Del'selmon ( Orikanyo Orikanyo ) Shappa, Red Thunder ( RavenSong RavenSong ) Vasumir ( Laszalet Laszalet )
She rolled her eyes. Anyone with eyes could clearly see he wasn't fine at all. Kaos recalled the time in her past when she was hospitalized, wrestling her fate with death for almost every moment. Out of pride, some days she would put a strong front. She can't help but recall those times, seeing a bit of herself a very teensy bit in the badger which made her movements a bit more gentle. Kaos was most scared of illness and pain. Well, she was healthy now so she pushed those thoughts away. She glanced at the others fighting.

Hopefully they don't mess up.

She rolled her eyes again at the badger's boast. However, the next sentences that came out of his mouth made her tense all up again. "WHAT?!?!" She shrieked. She had expected that there would be more but the confirmation of their existence made her unhappy. They went through so much trouble earlier and again just now and they had to repeat it a couple more times now? "I was expecting to head back to the inn now that it's over." she grumbled. They could have just head over to the hive the next day to tell the Queen Bee and get the reward which was why they were going through all the trouble in the first place.

Kaos kept clicking her tongue, irritated at the turn of the events. She didn't pay any mind of the gratitude given to her by the Outlander. "The deal was clearly just dealing with one of them or something. Arghh." she ruffled her hair annoyed. The female elf even gave her a stinkeye when the Outlander was making promises to the badger all by herself. She clearly didn't agree.

Now that the stranger with what appeared to have noble clothes was in better conditions, he was so chatty. She wrinkled her nose, immediately having second thoughts in having helped him in the first place. There were a few things that he said that caught her attention, particularly in that he just arrived in this plane of existence. He wasn't like her, was he? For that alone, her interest in him was piqued more than others. His suggestion in asking to be a travel companion made her widen her eyes. "No. no. no. no. This is just a temporary group, I cannot handle any more annoying people." she rejected immediately. He didn't have anything in him, didn't have any useful information, no money or anything to trade. Hunter was already nagged enough for her. If there was any benefit with the stranger, it's that he might have transmigrated into this world Then she paused, well, if he couldn't offer anything but labor then she could use him to do all the annoying things Hunter would sometimes make her do. Mmm, now that she though about it, it might not be that bad as long it was temporary. "Actually," Kaos let out a bright smile that it was actually off-putting to those who interacted her for a while. "Why not?" she indirectly agreed. "As long it's temporary. Since you can't offer anything in return of your gratitude then you can do labor like help gather my herbs for me." she gave the conditions. She did end up using quite a bit since their conditions were in no way light.

Ignoring the other elf, the rest didn't seem that familiar with area like Hunter. She wasn't sure how far the two's tribes were but they clearly didn't have that much knowledge about the place. They didn't seem to struggle that much since they were familiar with living with nature but there were gaps in their knowledge that was suspicious. Only Kaos didn't dwell on it too much.

"Oh yeah, we should get evidence for the Queen." Kaos said so matter of factly. They needed evidence to show clearly they did the job done. She looks around, making sure that it actually safe now before moving closer to the dead badger. "You wouldn't mind if I get some blood or something from it right?" The blood might have already dried up though since it seemed to be a while, especially if the body was no longer warm. Whatever. I'll scrap whatever's left and just give a bit to the Queen. "The blood seems to be a bit dried up," she commented, after she had put the effort to get some into the other empty vial she found earlier. She needed some to research it. If they can collect more samples later, it would be better. "In that case, it wouldn't matter if we get some of his nails?" she asked but immediately turned to Hunter so that he could do the grunt work for her. Look at her skinny limbs, can you see any strength to remove it herself? Plus it was so sharp if you think of the fight before. What if she injured herself in process? No way.
code by @Nano

Hunter of Skies

1652062866629.png

Hunter listened to the newcomer speak, this pale skinned man, he looked similar to the invaders that attacked his tribe before he came to this place. Hunter had a bit of grudge because of that towards him, but remembering he just met this man, and his way of speech was different than how he heard those invaders speak. This man, calling himself Vasimur, had introduced himself. Hunter gave a quiet huff. " You can call me Hunter, my real name is Hunter of Skies, Hunter of Skies is too much to say if you need to talk to me. " The Outlander spoke brief; his voice was rough and almost stoic sounding. His face looked like he was constantly annoyed but he also being hardened with war. He had looked like he had seen much in his life. When Vasimur spoke of being vague as to why he was here and what he was looking for, Hunter pulled his tomahawk to his hand from his belt, taking it in one hand, he pointed it towards the injured Vasimur, baring his teeth with a look of mistrust. " You expect us to allow you to join us but do not tell us your intentions and why you are here. You come to us injured and not saying as to why or how you've been hurt. " Hunter had a look of anger in his eyes. " No. You can either explain yourself then you can join us if your reasons are not a risk to us. Leave and not bother us, risking yourself to being further injured or dying. Or I can strike you down myself and take your scalp as my trophy. " Hunter threatened, taking a stance ready to fight if it came to that, this man was very distrusting it seemed.

But he heard Shappa run up to speak, Hunter didn't move his head to look to Shappa, not daring to take his eyes off of the stranger, listening to her reasoning, Hunter nodded barely, " Gather the badger. We will find his tribe then. " Hunter told Shappa, " I will deal with this while you are able to help the badger. " But as Hunter was talking, the badger, Tarofry was limping his way over while using the large ethereal mace as a way to keep himself up as he made his way over to the group, still having a smile on his face. " What is going on? That weird looking human helped us! " Tarofry said through his pain in an optimistic tone. Most likely he was just tired and didn't want any more fighting. But Hunter was not going to back down.

1652065021422.png

Tarofry looked to Oliver when he spoke of how the badger was cute, there was a long string of silence in the air after he mentioned that. Tarofry was about to speak when there was a quiet giggle coming from Hunter then he would burst into a legitimate laugh, he lowered his tomahawk from Vasimur as Oliver's words had finally got to the Outlander. After a few seconds he sighed, calming himself down, immediately getting deadly serious again raising and pointing his tomahawk at Vasimur again. Tarofry looked over to Kaos when asked of getting parts from his dead relative, " Yes it is fine! We believe in recycling everything... Everything. " Tarofry said that last part in a emphasis. Looking to Shappa, he smiled widely, baring his teeth and fangs, " My tribe is near a river, about a mile from here towards the west. When we get there, my tribe will help you with my relatives, while we are searching for them outselves, we can't all go out and find them. We still need enough badgers at our camp to help protect our women and children. " Tarofry explained. " Now, COME ON! ONWARD! " The badger pointed ahead, still having a optimistic yell, he still used his mace as a crutch to get by, even if his wounds were still bleeding.

Interactions: RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo velle velle Laszalet Laszalet

Vasumir
1652130498100.png
So this was it? He had gained some insight. Had come closer to his former self. And yet, it seemed as if this was already the end of his journey. The man introdcuing himself clearly as hunter of skies, was distrustful, rightfully so. There was no reason to believe Vasumir, but it would have been nice, if hunter had. Would have made this entire ordeal easier by a tremendous margin. But as it seemed, reality was still meant to show itself. He couldn't explain himself, so was his only option, to resign himself to his fate and leave? To walk into almost certain death? So it seemed. He had already said so and he meant it with all his heart, these people had helped him, his previous assistance was but merely a trifle compared to what they had done themselves. Insisting on their help, was not only rude nor shameless no. It was going against his core principle to repay what you've been given as much as possible.

Yet how would he repay them, once he was dead? He couldn't, but not inconveniencing them any further, was clearly the right decision. To force himself onto them, would not help. And his debt was increasing even more, since the badger now even spoke up for Vasumir. And while his help was only a small assistance, the debt it created could very well be tremendous. After all, it gave time, for hunter to hesitate, to change his mind so ever slightly. And the mention of he badger being cute, was exactly that time to loosen up the situation. To stop it from escalating.

But he had to take a step back, no matter how close to a cliff, if being asked to do so by his life savers. What a shame, that he would have to break his word of repayment. He would have to decline the offer of the elven girl.
"I will have to apologize, as your companions suspicions are reasonable. It is a shame, that I will most likely be unable to repay you. For that, I am truly sorry to have stolen your valuable time for nothing in exchange. And Sir Tarofry, I do appreciate your kindness and willingness to vouch for me, but if your companions rightfully decline my presence, then I have to follow that wish. Their doubts are reasonable, just as your kindness is. Sadly, sometimes two reasonable things clash with each other and one of them has to win."
*Sigh*
"And Sir hunter, once more I apologize for my inadequate explanation. But it remains. I was in search of something and still am. As for my injuries, I cannot answer that question, though unlike me being unwilling to elaborate further, it is because I do not know myself when exactly I received my injuries. It may have happened while exploring the woods or some time before that, when I acquired my first clue to my search. Noentheless I do not know the answer."

Vasumir paused once more. Should he really not appeal and ask once more whether he could change hunter's mind? No. His stance was final. Vasumir would once more ask for clarification, whether hunter truly wanted him to leave. But appealing or similar things, they were meaningless. It was up to hunter and he had already decided once, spoken once. There was nothing to change, yet the courtesy of being rejected once more, it was the least he could give back.

"If you truly still wish for my departure. I will follow. If I survive on my own despite the grim odds, I'll remember to repay you in the future. If I do not, then one final time, my apologize for having stolen all of your valuable time, without having given anything back of equivalent value."

Skyhunter Skyhunter velle velle RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo

298E8EDB-8483-4607-98DA-2D953DE66CCE.jpeg

Shappa had noticed Hunters wary expression, especially when he didn’t seem to want to shift his focus away from the newcomer. Shappas own attention then rested on the one named Vasumir. He seemed otherworldly to her, but not exactly threatening. She felt for him, but it didn’t seem like Hunter felt very comfortable with the newcomer. Her head turned to look at Tarofry who was approaching, feeling in agreement with his statement she nodded. But not before locking gazes with Kaos who was glaring at her. Shappa smiled nervously, but attempted to explain.

“I know you’re tired. But it wouldn’t be wise to head back and collecting a reward when there’s still more of them out there.”

Her attention then returned to the limping badger who was approaching.

“You’re right Tarofry. This newcomer helped us.”

The huntress observed Vasumir for a moment, then looked towards Oliver who had made Hunter explode in laughter, Shappa was amused but didn’t laugh instead she simply smiled brightly. Not that it wasn’t funny, but because Tarofry was standing right infront of her and didn’t want to appear insensitive considering he was wounded.

Perhaps it was intuition or picking up subtly on Hunters thoughts; however she also had a bit of a flashback of her own regarding her previous incarnation. The huntress wondered about the rumors of pale skinned foreign people so often mentioned around her camp, could he be one of them? She thought back on the days leading up to her death. The confusion; uncertainty. However, it was her past and she felt the need to grow beyond it. It was only through the present that old wounds could be mended. Lest it was allowed to corrupt her heart with contempt. Left to fester like an infected wound.

“Creator be with you, traveler..”
she started, “Forgive me. I’m not as elaborate as you in the common tongue.” Shappa brought a hand to her chest, her ebony braids were neatly made and rested on her shoulders while the fringes on her buckskin dress had bits of snail slime from the encounter. “My name is Shappa, Red Thunder.” She shot a glance at Hunter and stuttered a bit, mindful of his suspicion before inquiring out of curiosity towards the scholar. “What do you seek wandering so deep in these wood-“. She turned around to see Kaos in frustration as she disagreed with the scholar joining. But then the elf’s decision suddenly changed. Shappa’s brow furrowed in confusion. Kaos was so unpredictable, but welcomed her suggestion about making the scholar her helper with a nod.

Before she could continue to inquire about Vasumirs intentions though, the badger warrior immediately mentioned the direction of his clans village. “Very well..” she said as she found her orientation in relation to the sun. “..this way.” She said as she started next to Tarofry. “Children?” She asked out loud, as she turned to look at Oliver. “I’m sure they’re very adorable.” She winked as she resisted a chuckle.

Soon she’d find badger tracks, they appeared the same size as Tarofrys so she assumed they were his following them to the village.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Orikanyo Orikanyo velle velle Laszalet Laszalet

Last edited:
Oliver Delselmon

Well.. he had embarrassed himself... Damn his running mouth... Now Shappa was teasing him. Goodness, he just had to remain quiet about that fact and he could have just talked about it later... He hoped they didn't have any thoughts of him having any further intentions for badgers... He... Actually didn't even think about romance in the slightest... He had been married so long...

You could look, but never touch, such was the rules but even then most the time he oft looked with his wife.

Ah....

Maddy...

The typically at least smiling elf was suddenly overcome with melancholy, he sighed, and followed the others, his mind lost to time gone by. "Ah, yes lets be on then..." The man scratched his forehead, light frustration filling his features. "...Though if this is the badger that was accosting her majesty's Hive we should best let her know it is taken care of and by whom." The man tries to focus on the present, faded memories of his late wife... They sting... ever so close to his heart... But... he had to focus on now...

He turned to the long forgotten bee scout, who seemed to bee wondering if people were in fact forgetting he, or rather she, since most bees were in fact she outside of drones, was here. He regarded them with a small wave, explaining the situation and motioning to the badger, alongside the various wounds and scars upon it. Signs of battle even before this were evident what with the first encounter wounding both hunter and it.

The bee was quite happy with the news, givin it had been hiding in a long the whole time hoping that it wouldn't die if they all did. The bee sucttled about in a dance of joy and contentment at the hives safety, to which, Oliver could only smile lightly and nod as he had no clue what it was saying. He was happy that it was happy.

"Please, give your queen my fondest regards and tell her of the fact the badgers themselves helped us in this feat, an unfortunate disease afflicts the ones who go insane... They aim to settle the issue themselves but he had gotten away from them. The hive should be at peace now. Go ahead my little friend, return to your mother..." he urged along the little bee, hoping it at leats remembers the fact he told it the badger people were not fully at fault and rectified the situation...

When the bee left, Oliver sighed. "..I don't even know if it truely is a disease... But.. We shall learn soon I suppous... I speak like a damned politician..." he felt sick thinking of that, he left that life long ago...

kaos kylsm
the elf
tags
Hunter of the Skies ( Skyhunter Skyhunter ) Oliver Del'selmon ( Orikanyo Orikanyo ) Shappa, Red Thunder ( RavenSong RavenSong ) Vasumir ( Laszalet Laszalet )
Kaos wrinkled her nose. Why was Hunter acting so weird? Experiences prior he had been so welcoming of other people that it was an extremely pain in the butt for her. "Wow, laying your bias real thick, aren't you, Hunter?" she commented. It was such a rare occurrence for her not to. "You didn't seem to have commented others before." She looks at all the other people. Take the other elf for example, he said he wanted some of her honey when joining them. How much of it was real? Although the fact he wanted to steal some of it was enough to make her threatened. It have always irked her that he kept accepting people but now he was finally saying no. She looks Hunter then she looks at the stranger. "Would he actually be a threat though?" she spoke aloud.

Her mood is bright when he basically guaranteed it wouldn't be an issue in making use of his dead kin's body as materials. "Great, great." she didn't held herself back now. "Hunter!" she whined, he was more focus on his strange aggression with the stranger that he wasn't helping her with the dead badger. "Although, actually-" now that she thought about it, "Would we able to cut its fur and stuff with the materials we have?" she questioned. They had such a hard time dealing damage to it when it was alive. For now, Kaos worked on gathering materials that she was able to. "Here you go." she handed something that the bee could use as proof.

She paused turning to the stranger when he addressed her. "Hey, Hunter, do you really need to guard against him that much?" She questioned. "The village isn't that far so we'll probably still meet him on the way there. It doesn't matter as long the party now is disbanded after this." she laid down the facts, her words sounding as though she was speaking for him. "You can let him follow us at least then. Plus, there's two more crazy badgers right?" she added. She glanced at the stranger, pausing her work, "We can use him a meat shield for those fights. Or bait."

The elf didn't like additional people joining them the most even though somehow she was the one that kept finding them. But if they had to trouble themselves with this, it would be a lot better to make use of them to increase her chances of survival.
code by @Nano

Hunter of Skies

1652579691467.png

Hunter continued to stare down Vasimur, holding his tomahawk at the man still, Hunter wasn't sure why he was hateful towards this man. He was pretty standoffish with Oliver earlier in the day, but he didn't try to attack the elf. He didn't even draw a weapon at the elf, and this man is injured heavily. He was not a threat. Vasimur reminded Hunter a lot of the invaders from his world, the ones that destroyed his tribe, his people, his life... Hunter stared at him looking a little angrier than before as Vasimur began to talk about leaving, he wouldn't make it, he was too hurt, it was a miracle from the Creator that Vasimur made it this far anyway. But Hunter wasn't angry at Vasimur, he was angry at himself, at himself for being angry at Vasimur.

He groaned and let his tomahawk fall to his side, he then placed it on his belt as Tarofry began to move on, leading the group to his tribe. The Outlander looked at Vasimur, he wanted to leave him out here alone but in Hunter's head, he didn't want that to happen. He took a deep breath and exhaled, calming himself down. " Come on then. " He pointed over to the walking away group. " I won't leave you out here, but know, if you do ANYTHING. " Hunter stared down the injured man with a serious expression. " I will rip your head off and present it to the Creator. " Hunter threatened as he allowed Vasimur to walk first. Hunter would follow after him, making sure he would be okay and to keep a close eye on him.

---

1652584679633.png

Eventually as the group made their way up the stream, about a mile in comparison, the time would be around the evening now, they would see in the distance smoke rising up into the air, a fire was burning so a camp must have been nearby. " Ah! We are almost there! " Tarofry called with excitement, although he did hiss with pain, his injuries were still bothering him, but he has kept moving the entire way, eager to get back to his people, rest, repair his armor, regain his magic, then track down his next relatives and bring mercy upon them. " I can smell deer! The hunters must have found some game! " Tarofry called looking back at the group. Eventually as they grew near, there was rustling in a nearby bush then a small badger jumped out holding a wooden club. " Oi! Who are you! You better bugger off or I'll shootcha! " This badger was about three feet tall, holding a small bow with a arrow drawn, they sounded like a bit older than Tarofry.

1652586962368.png

" Oi! Barlay! It's me! Tarofry! " The injured badger waved at the archer, the archer leaned in and stared for a moment. " Tarofry? Is that you! We've been worried for a couple days now! The Chief isn't going to be happy with you- sniff sniff Is that badger blood I smell on you!? " Barlay called, Tarofry chuckled a little, " Uh yeah... " He sounded a bit embarrassed, " I found one of our transformed relatives and took him down on my own! " Tarofry called. Barlay didn't say anything for a moment and took his arrow and placed it in his quiver. Still silent for a moment he looked at Tarofry. " WHAT!? " he called suddenly. " HOW DID YOU MANAGE THAT!? YOU SHOULD BE DEAD! " He yelled. " HURRY! COME TO CAMP! " Barlay called disappearing into the brush and making his way back to the camp. Tarofry chuckled looking at the group he was with, " Don't worry about that, he is just surprised by it is all. " Tarofry still held his large grin. " We'd better keep moving. " Tarofry hissed as he still moved.

As they approached the camp, they would see that there was armed badgers waiting for them, about fifteen or so, a large badger about five feet tall holding a large blade that looked similar to a Zweihander. He was menacing looking, staring down at the group, having very advanced armor, better than Tarofry's and a actual weapon. Beside him would be a smaller badger with a missing eye as he had a eyepatch over it. The large badger then drew his sword pointing it at the group. " Do you want me to cut them all down besides young Tarofry, Chief? " He asked in a low rumbly voice. " We know not these strangers and they have a very injured Tarofry on their side. They could be holding him hostage. " He continued.

1652588166402.png

Barlay was in the back with all sorts of other armed warriors, " Oi! Gnarlate! They ain't so hostile or rude lookin. They are here to bring young Tarofry back to us! " He commented by this Gnarlate ignored the archer, looking to the group he then took a few steps forward. " Who are you fools and why do you have one of our own! " Gnarlate held his impressive weapon at the group, Tarofry had his hands up. " Wait, Gnarlate, these people are helping me. They helped me back to my feet after I was able to kill one of our angrier relatives. " he tried to explain and reason. " Badgerdung! You are not capable of such a feat. Your skills are not honed enough. You lack experience to do so. " Gnarlate growled, the large badger himself looked capable of killing one of the angrier relatives. " These fools have you held hostage making you say such a thing. " Gnarlate growled as he assumed a stance, " If they want to extort us, we will show them we are not be trifled with so easy. " Gnarlate was a spitfire for sure, but he seemed to have hatred in his words.

Hunter saw where this was going and quickly made his way to the front of the group, moving next to Tarofry, having Shappa behind him to attempt to protect her, he pulled his tomahawk out, ready if things went south. He wasn't going to let this group get hurt, but he wasn't the best with talking and reasoning, he was a warrior. Words were beyond him.

Interactions: RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo Laszalet Laszalet velle velle

Okras
7b8561961246cf4e1abbbbd44b49d9ca--the-badger-redwall.jpg
"So, the young one comes back alive then? Good, I was beginning to worry." A deep wisened yet resounding voice came from the badger next to the large one, his own wrapon was away and he carried himself with a great deal less hostility than the other. His gait was even, yet it was clear the ages were wearing on his form. But that isn't to say he wasn't formidable at a glance, he had the very same aura one might feel at the foot of a great old oak, but down to the size of a badger, his singular eye seemed to take in the world around him with a enlightenment not easily found without the many challenges of a lifetime.

He was small as a badger, but immense in size of soul.

"Have you finally gone feral yourself Gnarlate? So eager for battle, you'd make enemies of friends so quickly." the older badger stepped forwards as the the blade weren't even held aloft by his compatriot. "Had they cause to try and wager for Tarofry's life they wouldn't have come upon us, they would have sent a runner, expendable, swift footed. They came instead as a group and supporting the young one, who is wounded... A moment..."

The badger sniffed the air... His demeanor was.. pensive... he was thinking deeply...

"...Yes... Roiled raged blood... Dried... Tarofry most certainly and.... Snail..? Broiled..? I see... So that snail we've seen around caught up to one of us..." he considered the group as a whole, his eye gazing upon weapons and gear... Old wounds, some sealed some slowly healing... And... The male human there....

"AH! I think I know what brought you all so far out into these woods, honey no? I smell it upon you, those bees tend to work their ways with it too often. Medicine and what not. From that i can imagine our wayward brother took to trying to get it as well... Perhaps thats where you met Tarofry..? No.. he'd smell of it as well... After..?

Matters not, one of our kin's rage has been quelled. And you are all weary, come, rest and breathe. Friends of Tarofry are ours as well." The badger turned on the spot, his examination of the group comeplete, in truth he seemed more than willing to let them in. He paused for a moment and looked back to them. "I am Okras, chief of this band. and you are guests, follow, dinner will be soon.

Gnarlate! Fetch some healing hands for our friends. Wag your tongue before your blade."

Oliver Delselmon

The elven man couldn't say much, alot of things just happened at this moment... But what, in all things he could say... was this...

"..Gods above and below their so adorable..."

it was a half whisper, but he really, really couldn't help himself...

Shappa had been walking for what seemed like a few hours. The path however wasn’t very perilous, and the scenery was serene, even once reaching the river. Full of lush forest and the smell of loamy earth and rotting leaves. The huntress helped Tarofry as much as she could, she’d even found some familiar plants to help stop the bleeding. “Should we stop?” She asked, getting down to his level. Tarofry would shake his head, continuing to lead the way. “I’m fine, I’m fine.” He said nonchalantly.

Shappa would nod, as she continued to follow by his side.
When the badger warrior called to the party about his camp being in sight she was relieved. Not because it was taking so long to get there, but the possibility of an ambush from the werebadgers still roaming about the forest.
“Deer..?” She asked, as she gave thanks in her thoughts that there were some familiar food sources. “..I’m famished.” She said as a hand came over her growling belly.

Due to the distraction of the prospects of food however, she hadn’t been paying attention to their surroundings. When she finally noticed a rustling in the leaves before them - it was too late. Shappa gasped softly at the badger holding his weapon aimed right at them. She held her hands up at shoulder height in a non threatening stance. Yet before she could say anything, Tarofry began to reason with his older relative.

She stood silent, and her senses were a bit on edge as they spoke. His accent and general demeanor were different and more, feral. Shappa breathed slowly as they carried out their conversation, it wasn’t until the archer badger began yelling that made her take a step back. After he darted off Shappa looked down at Tarofry. “I assume it’s a good thing he’s impressed?” She continued to follow however, not expecting an answer from Tarofry.

Once they reached the settlement, there seemed to be a warring mood about the place. Surely expected considering they were hunting a great threat. As they walked past the bulk of their badger numbers however, shappa could feel their little black orbs upon them. She glanced as some observed them menacingly, while others curiously, some clad in leather while others in plate and mail. Turning to the other side, a badger smithy sharpened blades on a spinning stone, fiery sparks and the sound of stone on steel gently mixed with the sound of the wind blowing through the trees.

Once they finally stood in front of the one named Gnarlate. Shappa bowed with respect. His expression seemed fierce, disgusted even at the sight of the party. The huntress would fight back any feelings of intimidation however, “Creator be with you warrior, I-“ Gnarlate would snap at them suddenly, before Tarofry raised his hands explaining the situation between them. Shappa would look down at Tarofry then back at Gnarlate and nod. It wouldn’t deter the menacing badger chieftain though as he didn’t want to believe Tarofrys words.

Hunter then moved in, and rightfully so as Gnarlate's scowl deepened. But before things could escalate further, a wiser and seemingly older badger warrior made himself known as he moved calmly before the group. Shappa observed from behind Hunters arm as he paced about with the grace of a wise elder. Then to her surprise something peculiar happened: he began to sniff the air about them. Shappas' features expressed astonishment at how much he could discern simply through his sense of smell. And how in spite of missing an eye could evaluate the people before them.

To Shappas deep relief it seemed they had passed some sort of assessment. She sighed deeply and shook Hunters arm softly. “Looks like we’re welcomed here, maybe council with them will prove worthwhile.” She sniffed the air a bit herself. “I must admit, the idea of deer for dinner is too much for me to refuse.” She shrugged.

Vasumir
1652822210400.png
Reiterating spoken words, rarely, ever prove to be helpful. Even in the few many years, he'd had the pleasure of wandering around in his former realm. There were few iterations, were a repeat, was not met with a graver or even more dire situation at the very least. Pleading their case at least to the clearly hostile badger, seemed to be a lost cause. The badger evidently acted with a singular thought and view in mind, changing either, was beyond Vasumir's current abilities.

Would the other badgers close by interfere, if it came to a fight? Even if Tarofry stood on their side? Maybe. He couldn't determine such, but even if they did not, this monstrosity of a badger, could they best him? In their exhausted state from their prior battle? The odds were against them. And Hunter seemed certain, that the group very well would have to bet on these less than desirable odds. A perfect opportunity for Vasumir to deescalate the situation, but how? He could only think of a single solution in the heat of the moment, and it certainly wouldn't sit well with Hunter.

It had to be proven, that they meant no harm and Tarofry was by no means a hostage. A simple solution, yet extremely risky, should it either result in failure or be used against them. After all, the hostility by the badger Gnarlate, may be the result of deeper rooted issues or even disdain for Tarofry in which case, even the strongest of proofs would be dismissed. But was there another option? Not really, at least for this very moment. They had to show they meant no harm, so laying down ones weapons and giving Tarofry over, shouldn't be much to ask, but just what if, Tarofry where to suddenly perish?

Then their end would be as good as guaranteed and all that it would take, was a single badger with malevolent intent...

Assumptions, nothing more. They continued to eat away at Vasumir's mind. This truly seemed like an almost inevitable disaster approaching, despite clearly laying down ones weapons being the logical decision. Ah. He disliked, being potentially responsible for the death of this group, for his saviours. Did that mean, he had always been reckless in his decision-making? Vasumir was a worse leader in his past life than he had thought. Had he been so foolish all this time?

*sigh*

This was neither the time nor space to contemplate his former behaviour and the implications resulting from that. However, he was still somewhat unwilling to just propose a one sided demonstration of faith. He himself was more expendable than the others, so maybe...
Yes, if he could pretend to be leader, just maybe, that would be enough to do it! It may not be enough fully repay his life debt, but it would be somewhere to start off with repaying it.

Vasumir was now determined. Instead of giving up the wepaons, if his planned ruse, were to be sucessful and they accepted to take the pretend-leader hostage as safety so to speak, then that should prove to be enough to deescalate this most heated up situation. Hopefully.
Yet just before Vasumir could turn his thoughts into action, the situation calmed down by itself, or at least without the need for his interference. Thankfully.

A less... agressive badger, and smaller in size, appeared. Attentive, observant and old. All good traits to have, in order to see through the truth. Damnation! Had he even attempted his ruse, this badger would have seen through it, and then... he couldn't imagine, what trouble that would have caused. This time, he didn't got the chance, but what if next time, he wouldn't find himself contemplating in his own thoughts for as long as he did?

Aside from these most gruesome and dooming thoughts, the hospility offered, felt genuine, at least towards Tarofry. Still, Gnarlate's true intention, were still unclear to Vasumir. Was he truly only trying to fulfill his duties? Or would the badger cause more problems later on? Vasumir would have to keep an eye on him, hopefully for naught. As such, an intake of too much food, would hinder this most important task, yet neither his wounds nor his mind could recuperate without it. He'd have to try to not relish in it too much.

Skyhunter Skyhunter RavenSong RavenSong Orikanyo Orikanyo velle velle

kaos kylsm
the elf
tags
Kaos was dragging her feet, feeling tired of all the physical extertion she did so far today. It wasn't honey, but she was pretty happy of the spoils of war she's earned from the badger. She nodded her head. Truly, some things are a lot better dead than alive. "Ha... haa...." she gasped for breath, "How far is this village of yours?" she complained. She thought he mentioned that their village was near but it felt like they've been walking for a while now. Kaos wasn't injured and she didn't even exerted much energy since she didn't participate in any of the battles but she made sure for each and every one of them know that she was tired with her complaining. With how much she was complaining, she clearly still had more than enough energy but was merely acting up.

The female elf felt nearly collapsing when they had finally arrived. Only for their welcome at the village to be more less than pleasant, immediately after they have got close. "Tsk." she clicked her tongue. "I knew this wasn't a good idea." she complained. "I thought you got this covered!" she grumbled at the injured badger that they had been following this entire time. Plenty of them were injured, tired and definitely hungry at this point. She could feel her stomach rumble.

Somehow they managed to patch things up which she sighs in relief. "Seriously," she huffs. She couldn't imagine what they would have done if things had gone wrong, with numbers and supposedly strength on their side. If they were anything like their dead cousin that she gathered from and the injured badger, who honestly she believed should have died at some point from the severeness of their injuries.

The experience felt quite surreal. If perhaps, she hadn't encountered the crazy badger first, the image of the badgers being dressed up in costumes by their owners would have been stronger in her head. Although for now, what she would like is to finally be able to rest for a bit. It felt as though it had been one thing or another this entire day. She scrutinizes the place the badgers called home. "Your homes don't seem to match with your clothes." she commented off-handedly. Their clothes, armor and weapons seemed to be quite advance yet their homes seem to be quite mismatched like their gaps between them. There were other small things that pointed it out too if one were to observe closer. "Like, I don't know. You could have done better, I guess."
code by @Nano

1653275394726.png

1653272643755.png

Gnarlate dared any of them to step forward and challenge him, he would slice them down like they were mincemeat, Gnarlate loved the battle, he loved the fighting. Of course, he never got angry, but he did get increasingly hostile towards enemies. Seeing this strangely dressed man come forth while pulling out his tomahawk, using his arm to protect his group, the large badger brought his sword up, readying to strike the group, even with Tarofry there, he was quickly and agile enough to move pass the injured Tarofry and strike everyone down. He was all brawn and less brain. The step up of Okras had the large badger to slightly turn his head towards Okras but making sure to keep his eyes on the group.

Listening to what the old badger had to say about taking a moment, Gnarlate growled, lowering his weapon, he hated listening to the chief, but he had to. Gnarlate wanted to kill these rats! They had young Tarofry and yet Okras wanted him to hold so he could listen and observe this group of people? No matter what, Gnarlate was ready to move and strike them down, especially when one now wielded a weapon. Eventually, Okras would now invite them into the village, Gnarlate did not agree with that at all, his face clearly one of anger and disagreement. His eyes looked at Okras, staring at him like he wanted to disagree, but he knew he couldn't, well he could it just wasn't recommended. Gnarlate sighed deeply as he was then told to go get healers for young Tarofry. The badger warrior sheathed his sword on the large sheath on his back and began to slowly move as the group began to follow. He heard the small female elf insult them. Insult them! They invited her into their camp, and she insults them! No! No more! He quickly turned around and stared down the elf, as he turned, his large hand that was cladded in steel, not iron, steel, backhanded the elf, Kaos.

When his hand slapped across her face, it could be heard, a very loud and hard slap, Kaos would be knocked to the ground, blood flew across the air and across the ground, her lip would be busted wide open. He stood there with anger in his eyes as the group of badgers all gasped with shock. " Don't you dare insult my tribe after we invited you in! " He roared while pointing a finger down at the slapped elf, the large badger would feel hands on his chest, and he was pushed back with some force. Looking at who pushed him, it would be Hunter! Creating space between him and this outlander's group as he now held his tomahawk. Gnarlate growled and brought up his fists, but he stopped himself after a moment. He dropped his fists and huffed staring down Hunter with a deadly look. He turned his back and walked back to their camp. He looked at Okras with a look that showed no sympathy as he made his way to their camp. After a minute or two, healers would be running their way out of the camp to see Tarofry and now Kaos.

Hunter of Skies

1653275447458.png

Hunter let out an exhale when the situation had deescalated, this older badger was definitely the chieftain of these badgers, these people. He had somewhat of a smile on his face, Tarofry also released an exhale of relief, he began to move forward smiling, " Thank you, Chief! These people are great! They've helped me! Although one of them has a mouth on them- " Just as Tarofry finished his sentence, the small badger and Hunter turned their head to see Kaos being the brat that she was. Tarofry then moved his head seeing that the close by Gnarlate heard it as well. Tarofry knew what was going to happen next and he tried to move but he was too injured, and he wanted Kaos get backhanded by the large warrior, a hard backhand, one that spilled blood. Tarofry looked in shock seeing the elf on the ground now, berating the elf for insulting their camp, Tarofry agreed but that was too much. " Oh no...- Why-! " Tarofry was about to berate Gnarlate when Hunter rushed the large badger, pushing him back with all his strength, but Gnarlate was barely moved back, maybe two steps as he drew his weapon, defending the down elf. It looked like it was about to be a fight, but instead Gnarlate walked away.

Hunter sheathed his tomahawk, glad he didn't have to fight the badger, he would have lost against one with such strength. He turned to Kaos and knelt down next to her. " Are you okay, Kaos? " Hunter asked her his voice full of worry and concern, taking her hand in one and helping her sit up, looking at her face one side of her face was already swollen, it looked like she was beat up, but it only took one backhand to do this damage. Just after Kaos was asked her question, a couple of camp healers came running, female badgers that were wearing armor as well. There was three of them, two came to Tarofry who laid the badger down on the ground, beginning to strip him without asking him anything or saying anything, Tarofry himself looked worried for the elf, despite being severely injured himself. When the armor came off, his body was stained with blood, his fur was red and black rather than black and white. They were examining his body trying to see what was broken and where he was hurt. The third came up to Kaos, " Let me look dear. " She knelt down looking at Kaos cheek, " Oh my... He whapped you good... Your cheek looks broken. " She stated, Kaos' cheek was swollen, black and blue. " A pretty elf such as you shouldn't be attacked like that, that Gnarlate is a beast sometimes. We can help you but you need to come into our camp. Can you walk? " She asked the elf. Hunter looked at Shappa, " Go ahead, Shappa, I'll help Kaos. " He told the young woman as he helped Kaos up and was by her side as they made their into the village.

1653276747415.png

Interactions: Orikanyo Orikanyo velle velle RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet

071D549E-76D6-45F0-A316-81B41312F581.png

Although Shappa felt intimidated by the badger warrior Gnarlate she understood the ways of tribes all too well. A chief's word was nearly final unless brought to an agreement which involved the other warriors. And often countless nights of council until one side or the other gave in to alternative choices or agreements. Her gaze shifted towards the growling badger as he seemed to slither and seethe with bitter disagreement.

Nonetheless, she was cautious and walked lightly, bowing her head past Gnarlate. Usually the more menacing ones in her world were the ones who cared the most for their people. And Gnarlate was right, they were strangers here, and perhaps it wasn’t their business to help but Shappa simply felt too involved now to turn back. Beyond helping Tarofry she had no purpose, she couldn’t justify her existence. It hurt her deeply not to belong. Alas she began to feel naive, and part of her was beginning to understand what that meant.

It was then that Shappa turned around upon hearing Kaos’s dissatisfaction with the camp. She winced at her words. It wasn’t what she said, as Shappa had seemed to have grown accustomed to her way of speaking, even if it was unpalatable or brash at times.
But then it went further as Gnarlate was walking past her, soon striking her. Shappa gasped and ran towards her. “Kaos! Are you-“ then suddenly turning back around shooting a glare at the fierce badger warrior. It was then that Hunter intervened by shoving him, but this badger was simply way too bulky to move more than a few steps.

Relieved at Gnarlates departure, she turned to Tarofry who was about as surprised as everyone present. “This Gnarlate doesn’t seem to easily make many friends does he?” She said concerned as the many badger nurses came to aid the wounded. She would look at Hunter who was now holding Kaos. Upon hearing his words, his face seemed reassuring. Although she didn’t want to leave Kaos, the elf was in the best hands with Hunter and now with the badger nurses. Shappa nodded softly, before turning towards Okras, taking him up on his offer. The huntress would bow her head lightly, while holding a hand to her chest. “Greetings chief Okras, may Creator look upon our meeting. I am Shappa, Red Thunder..” she paused for a moment. “..May your clan live long, as mine is back in the soil, save for me. We’ve come to help you in your endeavors against your turned brethren. Tarofry has been an invaluable and committed member within your company, I’m honored to call him my friend. I’m here to help his efforts in whatever way I can.”

Oliver

...Alright he wasn't going to say it out right, in no way would he do so, he was a upstanding gentleman and by no means did he harbor any type of grudge. he was old, he should have learned to let things go long, long, LONG ago.

...But...

Despite this...

"So someone finally did it..." he spoke as if a big knot had just been released. It was.... Horribly relieveing... To finally see somebody actually do the thing hes wnated to do ever sicne he first heard the girl whine and moan...

...Though he will admit he went too far.

...Cathartic as it was...

Was he a bad person...? He considered this was Shappa took the lead, why not, he'd talked plenty by now.

Okras

The old badger sighed... The situation before was done, resolved and healing was being done... "Pups playing roughly today.." the old badger cleared his throat as he spoke, he spoke as if it was a small thing, but the tone told more that he would be dealing with it afterwards... Ah, the female was speaking, not so the mouthy one her jaw would need to recover from that hit. One of the matrons will deal with it no doubt... They were used to roughness between the males. So rarely do the boys play fiercely with the females... Okras began to get abit worried for Gnarlante...

He lead them on as Shappa spoke her piece. "Peace to you Red Thunder, my home is yours for as long as you wish. All in the camp do their parts, you will find us stalwart besides the odds. We lost a brother recently, and you saved us from loseing another trying to return his spirit home. Tarofry... Believe it or not ran ahead before I gave leave. The young men are like that, sure you know, eager to prove themselves.

Would have sent Gnarlante as well, despite his demeanor he is a capable fighter, his recent aggression is worrisome... But... common." The wise old badger continued to hobble along at a good pace, though old, he was practiced, and his weapon was a suitable walking stick as well.

"If you've find yourself unsure how to spend your time help is always needed around. You'll find us open hearted people, sturdy as stone." The old badger paused at a small beaten path, his eyes went to the village nearby, a temporary settlement it was clear, tents and wooden buildings made from assembled cloth or even wattled together with wood and reed. hanging above the glade the village stood within hung a large magnificent tree, cherries, large as apples and shineing bright as stars hung above, it was a magnificently large tree and therein between the branches lay another sunrise. Young ones.

And below a mother, possibly, with a large wicker basket. As on que, the young ones shake the branchs carrying the heavy fruits, causing a downpour of delights. And soon, into the females awaiting arms, came down the pups, caught and swooped up into an embrace.

Okras smiled "Had we your heights we wouldn't need to climb, the young ones always want to go as much they can. They will remember this tree for years.. Much as I have in my travels... Come, lets be on our way."

Vasumir
1653688561000.png
Again. A feeling of anger.

But why now? Why at all?
He couldn't remember ever having had such feelings, because of others.
Not in this very way. Not because someone got hurt. He only had felt an obligation to protect his students. Not once genuine responsibilty or anger born out of it.

Strange. This recollection felt so distant, so separate from himself.

Were his memories becoming faulty? Had he truly not once felt anything beyond obligation for his students? If so, why did it feel so wrong, so different from his current self? Why had he felt anger on behalf of this stranger, this elven girl, he had met just recently?

Wonderful! His mind weakened, exhausting itself further and further and an answer seemed to be either as far away as his former realm or incredible unpleasant. And there it was. Another mention of the past! Of the different, the foreign. Still he clung onto it. And with such stubborness. So it was the unpleasant one. Damnation. This was still not the place or time to think about such, he needed a quiet and safe place, and here it was neither quiet nor safe, as the elven girl had shown with her selfless sacrifice.

Concentrate.

The old badger was showing the remains of the group around. And Vasumir was still failing to fully process what the badger was actually saying, still too focused on his thoughts and too exhausted his mind, to do anything beyond remaining in thought at what it had done and was doing still. He needed a good rest, one where his mind could finally shut down for some time and recover. He needed sleep, even if it was only for a small amount of time.

It was extremely distraughtful that he had to interrupt another, but his current state... There was not a single thing to him more important at this very moment, than to find some real respite, real rest. And if he had to discard manners, then so be it.

"Pardon me for my interruption, Sir Okras. And my rude request. May I ask, whether there is any place that would be somewhat quiet and appropriate to take a short... how do I say it.... rest? You see, I've been somewhat injured not too recently ago and have not yet fully recovered, neither in body nor mind, as such, I would just like to take a brief moment of rest to, well hopefully fully recover from any serious problems plaguing me. If that is considering the circumstances not possible, then once more my apology for taking your time.
And you have my utmost gratitude for listening to my request, Sir Okras."

velle velle Skyhunter Skyhunter Raven Raven Orikanyo Orikanyo

kaos kylsm
the elf
tags
Black and then it suddenly turned red.

The sheer impact of those little but stupid paws caused her body to go flying. That little piece of Ryke- she cradled her presumably broken cheek and her jaw that had impacted as well. She knew that they weren't to be trusted! She gave a sharp glare at the badger they first met before the target of her rage moved to the one that had hit her. She had obviously been complimenting them! She had wondered first if they had acquired the armors and the weapon but almost every badger in the vicinity they could see have donned armor of similar grade. It was similar to the weapons that were either in their hands or either placed either outside their homes or within orderly fashion that reminded her that of a military. Hence why she was questioning why their homes seemed more crudely done in comparison to that particular aspect.

However, what she got was a freaking slap in the face. The temperature around her have became a lot hotter in comparison to the other areas as small sparks could be seen in the air demonstrating that her affinity with the element that she managed to fully acquire in her rage was not small.

"-ing! Your hands move so quick and rage is not to small. I wouldn't be surprised if you were next or already affected by the godforsaken disease!" her voice louder compared to her normal voice but not to the point of yell due to her injury. Kaos had only managed to say that aloud from the stronger anger and adrenaline pumping in her that allowed her to momentarily numb the pain. However as soon she was done speaking, the recoil and the pain had immediately sink in. The sparks have disappeared and the temperature had also gone back to normal. Large droplets of tears dripped down her eyes coupled with her swollen cheek made the female elf look weak and vulnerable.

The pain hurt. She hated the pain. This was probably the first time since she came to this world that she had been hurt this badly. She pointed her cheek to answer Hunter. In what way had she seemed okay? It hurt so much. Tears just kept rolling down her cheek to show much pain that she was in. Kaos even looked more distressed after hearing for herself how bad the injury was. Tears started to fall down faster. If it was going to affect her appearance, she was seriously not going to let him off good. She might have just said that back to him at the heat of the moment but she had an instinct that the number of targets they might need to subdue might be raise by one. She wasn't aware of all the details but it seems more of them were getting afflicted with the disease than them being able to handle.

It was her face that had been injured so she was able to walk but she still clung to Hunter for support. The only issue was the pain. It hurt so bad and she was worried of the scars too. The more she thought about it the more sad she was and the more angry she was at the badger. If he ever went berserk, she'll clap her hands together when he gets killed and use his body parts enthusiastically so that he's finally useful in this world. When they reach the clinic, she patiently gets treated by the badger although she gets weary whenever the female badger's claws get closer to her face. In that case, she would much prefer doing the delicate work herself. She had considered Hunter but- well, it should be fine as long their guiding her properly.
code by @Nano

1653971657547.png

Hunter of Skies

1653971571022.png

Hunter helped move Kaos, ignoring her snarky response and it seemed the elf didn't learn her lesson in keeping her mouth shut, Gnarlate did hear Kaos little remark, but he did nothing of it, only turning his head and growling, luckily for her. Otherwise a broken jaw would have been the least of her worries after that. Gnarlate moved back through the village as the badger nurse, Hunter then looked to Oliver as they passed him. " Oliver, you're better in healing. I am not. Could you go with these two and help? I wanna talk with the chief. " Hunter explained, the badger nurse still lead Kaos through the village to where a den was at, a large looking home with their injured and sick. But it looked like no one was in it, besides Kaos and Tarofry.

Hunter had forgotten about Vasimur as Kaos was hurt, he walked to the stranger and placed a hand on his shoulder. " Go with the nurses. They will help you after they tend to Tarofry and Kaos. " Hunter instructed looking to Okras, " Hello, Chieftain. My name is Hunter of Skies, I am a warrior without a clan anymore. I appreciate you helping us by taking us in for a time. And we are glad to have brought Tarofry back. He is a strong warrior to have taken on your strong relatives and won. " Hunter bowed his head to Okras, showing his respect.

The two badger nurses had taken off Tarofry's armor and were looking over his wounds, having magics and medicine on their side they began to help him, applying some medicine onto his wounds, even as he hissed in pain. When they applied some, they lifted him up and followed after the first nurse and Kaos.

---

1653972816682.png

As the badgers helped Kaos and Tarofry into the healing house, inside were beds made of reeds, brush and straw. They were comfortable as Kaos and Tarofry were laid down on these beds. When Vasimur came in, one of the badgers instructed him to sit on a bed and they would come to him next. Two of them were helping a now naked Tarofry who had finally passed out from blood loss, they were using healing magics and medicine to clean and heal his wounds. " Oh my. He is worst for wear. Young Tarofry is crazy to do something like that, he should be dead from these wounds. " One said, the other shook his head. " Young Tarofry is big Tarofry. " The other giggled looking his body, the two quietly giggled as they were helping him.

" Quiet you two! Quit observing the warrior and help him! Because of your perversions, you may let the young warrior die! " The badger helping Kaos called, she looked back to Kaos, she was older and more mature, shaking her head as the other two straighten up and quietly tended to Tarofry. " Sorry about that, elfy, " the nurse looked over Kaos' jaw, not moving her but moving her own head. " My name is Ka'ri, the head healer or shaman here. Nurse. Whatever you want to call me. Looks like Gnarlate got you really good. Lucky for you we have good magics. " Ka'ri lifted a hand up, her hand began to glow with gold, a strange symbol appearing through the light that looked like a badgers head. " Don't move and clench your jaw as hard as you can, even if it hurts. " Ka'ri even helped Kaos by pushing on her jaw a little bit into her head as she placed her glowing hand on her broken jaw.

The healing went to work, even as Kaos endure the pain, Ka'ri made sure she did not move or resist. Her magic began to mend her jaw together a bit, Kaos would feel some pain go away but it still hurt overall. But she pulled her hand away, Kaos' jaw was still somewhat broken. " I did all I could do. The rest will be a process. I did increase your healing and your jaw should regenerate in the next or two. Apply ice into it and make you eat soft foods. " Ka'ri held her hand up again as the air moved into her hand and created water, then it would freeze. She held a small cube of ice about 5 inches in width and length. She then took some straw and wrapped it around the ice giving it to Kaos. " This is the best I got, you should talk for a bit but not too long. Make sure that ice stays on your jaw. I got to help your friend. " Ka'ri stood up and walked over to the bed Vasimur would be on, " What's wrong, human. You don't look like you're dead or dying. But you look injured. What happened. " She asked placing her hands on her hips.

Interactions: Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet velle velle

Shappas hands covered her mouth, although Kaos has her way of expressing herself, she didn’t deserve such mistreatment. She resisted the boiling anger welling within her, it wouldn’t do any of them any good to resort to further violence. And besides, it seemed Kaos was in good hands.

When Oliver said his blatant truth, she shook her head softly. “I know she has a way of using words like arrows, and at times I don’t feel accepted by her.. she’s one of us.. she has my sympathy.” The huntress let out a deep sigh. “Poor Kaos, I hope she feels better.” She made a mental note to speak her piece to Gnarlate. Or maybe if somehow he could be brought to understand that we mean him or his clan any harm. Or perhaps befriending him to help him understand. All empty thoughts and possibilities.

Shappa walked alongside chief Okras as he spoke. Her hands entwined together at her lap as she walked. The huntress felt a certain confidence from the badger elder that seemed to only come with being the chief of ones people, a piercing reminder of her past. His wise words really captivated Shappa's young spirit. As the old one continued to speak she was amazed at his intuition and the wisdom which certainly came from many failures and success. “Thank you for letting us stay, chief Okras. I hope to tend to whatever I can, as much as I can.” Bringing a pondering hand she resisted the tendency to offer to bring the fruits down for them. But perhaps it was better left for another occasion. "If it's ever intended for me to gather food I'd be honored to help."

She didn't want to deviate from the intention of their journey; they'd set off to destroy the cursed badgers. But establishing relations here could prove useful, should they ever encounter other badger people in the future. She pondered a bit as she gazed out into the badger camp, noticing the many campfires.

As the huntress followed with the chief, Hunter caught up to them. He made his introduction, after they’d be done speaking she’d ask. “How is Kaos?” A concerned expression on her face. She'd then turn back to chief Okras. "I understand that your warriors have had success in defeating your cursed brethren, but has anyone attempted to convert them back to who they used to be?

Vasumir
1654373657600.png
"Something, even I do not know. But there should not be any need for worry, I've received medical treatment prior. That should..."

'cough'

Again.
His heart beating at a quicker pace;
A stain of blood;
A sting in his chest;
A headache;
His eyes getting blurry;

So it wasn't over yet?

"It should suffice. And pardon me for the mess."

And once more, his body, his physical state, made things so much more difficult. Well… Damnation!
He just required rest, yet, how was this healer supposed to believe his words?
Vasumir himself wouldn't believe in such words, were they coming from another. Then again, he himself wasn't a healer.

"Forgive me, if my claim seems ridiculous... While I can guarantee you that I am certain, rest should suffice, my assessment could be wrong in your eyes. If that is the case, I hope the treatment could be done while I am asleep. If that is not possible, then I apologize.
So please stop me, if it is necessary."

Now Vasumir could lie down.
Rest; Recover and Think…

A man. Lifeless on the ground.
All around, darkness.

Who was this person? It took Vasumir a moment to, remember? No, it felt more like, this information was implanted in to his own mind at this very moment. Ridiculous, yet, a shiver overcame him.

This was lining up with his previous thoughts. This here clearly aided the conclusion he had already made, yet he was hesitant to directly say it out loud, or even acknowledge it through thoughts. He was trying desperately to shift his mind to a different topic, a different place, but he was trapped. Here, at this very moment with this… memory, all its implications, and the thoughts, that inevitable were accompanying it.

There was no escape, nor running away. The thoughts, and their conclusion, were inching towards him. Forcing themselves in to his mind.

Vasumir's corpse was lying down there. Or at least what he would have previously called such. The resurrection, was not exactly what the name may imply, a true resurrection. He himself, despite holding the memories, or at least most of them, of the individual Vasumir, was not the grand arch mage, he had never been.

He lacked not only the skills and abilities, no, his very personality was different, foreign. It was more akin to giving a puppet life, and implanting one's own memories in to it. Yes, he was more similar to a puppet imitating a living entity's behavior based solely on memories of said entity.

He had fooled himself, all along.

All his feelings and actions till date, and the strangeness that accompanied them, were because of this. All was, because there had been a discrepancy between the memories and his personality, or the lack of it. The foundation of his principles and personality, were all delusions. Born out of his belief of how the entity, which he believed to be himself, would actually act. On closer inspection, it should have been clear to himself. It should have!

His actions displayed an outsider's perspective on the assumed personality of the person from his memories. He had never thought about it deeply for even a second. Never questioning the actions he had done in the past according to these memories.

At the very least, it was not too late yet. By no means was it not devastating, but something could be done with this newly gained insight. He now had the opportunity to change, to shape himself and his future; become his very own entity, differentiating himself from the arch mage Vasumir. And become the traveler, researcher, normal citizen Vasumir or whatever else profession he would pursue during this life that which he had been granted. It did not matter, as long as he could build something of his own.

Now what was he to do with this newly-found knowledge? After all, thanks to it, many more questions came into being. Questions, that would have to be answered with time, not with thinking alone. As such, his current and future companions, should prove to be quintessential in finding answers, to this plethora of questions.

Skyhunter Skyhunter velle velle Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong

Okras

"Your are a diligent one Red Thunder, and one who does not waste too much time on platitude. Simply put, yes, we have tried many a time to soothe our ailing brothers and sisters. We, in truth, no not the cause of them loosing the sight of friend and foe, only that it is a quick and violent disaster each and everytime... I understand, you may be thinking us... Dangerous... But I swear upon the Stars and Sky we are a people of peace... Our sister tribe, abit less so. But they are honorable kin, and ones who value strength. Fury unabound is dishonorable to them, though it has it's place... They seek an end to this as well as us...

We have tried and searched many things together. From herbs, to magics, to spirits of the wood... But... None came to bare fruit.

You... may eorry about Gnarlatr knowing this... But.. In truth he is simply worried about this tribe... He... Has lost many to the affliction... And a few to outsiders... We can ill afford to guard our hearts fully, but his anger of comes from pain...

Give him time, he will come to see you all as Denkin soon enough." The wise old badger walked to a small communal area, a spot for a bonfire nearby was unlit and prepared for the nights coming. "But that does not cover the issue... Your friend shall be spared no expense in recovery... Not to mention you helped up free one of our brothers...

I only hope the other two will come back to us as well... So that we may show them the path back to the stars..." he paused, for a moment, his eye closed in thought.

"...Two others still lurk the woods, causing pain whete they go.

They were lovers, mates even, one of the pups in our midst was born of them. He... Was the survivor of the incident... the female came from our sister tribe, her name was Avice. Strong in body and couragous as a bear. How our meek Hierd managed to gain her eye was beyond even my mind...

But he was always a good singer." The badger smirked, but continued.

"Alas, a terrible winter befell us... Perhaps they caught something from something foraged... Perhaps the ill spirits came... So many have ideas on what it is, a curse even... Angry ancestors but eveny they dealt with this... Some told tales of a possible cure... None could find it... No matter who we sent...

Each year, I grow older, each year, I worry mote and more that I shall we my own pups, and Grandpups, be forced to be killed...

But... It is our duty... To save and protect the wood...

Even from ourselves.. If need be..."

Oliver Delselmon

The medical tent was a messy hurry of triage, sewing and poultices. Not that it was a mess, but the expedience was much needed. Givin Oliver's previous paitent was currently being tended to his eyes turned to Kaos...

She looked...

Sour as always. Very unhappy... Oh well... Not much to say or do about it. But her wound... Looked unpleasant...

"...I'll attempt to further your healing along..." He spike quickly, tappung his staff on the ground twice as if calling his magic to attention, he pointed towards Kaos' jaw, and the healing spell took effect, it wasn't to a point it could cure a broken jaw fully, but it was considerable, opposed to waiting for weeks to talk...

• Swift heal - Healing D, A basic healing ability, capable of knitting together a good bit of hurts. Grade D 2 post cooldown
"...Best we avoid saying to many things about the camp whilst here. Lest we all end up hurt..." he spoke softly, before considering the small girl.

"Well, I suppous you may need some help eatting if your hungry. Want me to get something for you? I'm not so cruel to feed you bitter roots and medicine alone." Course, he would, but not right now... Anything he'd get for the girl has to small enough for her hurt jaw...

Though... thats a different syory is his healing did it's work fully after what the others did.

@ folks present at Okras's rambling

velle velle for Oliver's healing.

1655332899847.png

1655355729007.png

With Oliver's help, Kaos' jaw would be on its way to recovery, the nurse placed a hand on Oliver's shoulder, " Thank you, kind elf. " She offered a smile as she moved onto Vasimur who tried denying her treatment, she rolled her eyes and looked at him, " No, you need help, albino man. " She gently took him by his shoulders and laid him down, she then brought her hands into the air and began to quietly say words as her hands glowed, she then brought them down on Vasimur, sweat rolling down her head as her healing activated and came off the palms of her hands onto his body, her magic absorbed into his skin and body, clearing up wounds in Vasimur as he was passed out. The nurse felt a pain in her side, she felt like she was absorbing his damage in a strange sense. Or feeling his pain in a way. Eventually she let out a heavy sigh and finished helping Vasimur in his sleep, she slowly got up and walked over to a bed and slumped onto it, closing her eyes and sleeping. The other nurses began to giggle a bit at this sight.

Hunter of Skies

1655358323156.png

Hunter followed the old Okras, listening to the old chieftain speak, Hunter had a lot of respect for old warriors, it showed how far these types of fighters are. They didn't need to be just the strongest, they were smarter, wiser. Looking over this small camp they made, they were very excessive on creating comfortable homes. The words of Gnarlate being kinder and even considering their group den mates brought skepticism upon the experienced warrior. Gnarlate didn't seem like someone who would be so accepting of people quickly, they saved Tarofry but yet he didn't care about that, his own hatred clouded what really mattered which was Tarofry was okay and safe. Gnarlate was a bit racist, but Hunter was guilty of the same thing long ago in another life. He hated another tribe for a time, multiple tribes actually.

Although, despite that, Okras still believed Gnarlate would care for them just like another tribe member. Hunter appreciated the sentiment, but he doubted it. Okras' worries were understandable too, a old chieftain like him didn't need to worry all the time. He didn't have too much to say and would rather listen like a young warrior, and he still was a young warrior overall.

OOC: We'll do one more round before I end the rp and we can move onto a third if it's needed, thank you all for joining the rp

Mentions: Orikanyo Orikanyo RavenSong RavenSong Laszalet Laszalet velle velle

3341169A-EA94-4E06-B7E0-A1E7915BFF40.png

Shappa would listen intently at the badger chief's words. Something about him speaking felt immensely familiar, it reminded her of home. She nodded and pondered curiously at Okras insight on the matter regarding the fact that there was in fact two factions at this badger camp.

“I see..” she said as the huntress began to understand the bigger picture. “..My own clan experienced a very different affliction, well.. more like an invasion.” She still has trouble understanding her past, so many pieces we’re still missing. “Losing those you love to outside enemies makes the warmest hearts freeze. I’m sure it’s difficult to deal with so much loss.”

Upon intently listening to the story about the two lovers who became afflicted with this curse Shappa bowed her head lightly. “So.. it’s true then.. there’s no way to bring them back..” a defeated tone suddenly overtaking her voice. “..there.. has to be a way..” she said as if denying the hopeless thoughts welling within her. “..any idea where they were last seen? And this cure, where could it be found?”

It seemed the more the chief spoke the more questions she had that would likely be answered by tracking the afflicted ones and going by trial and error. And even then, there was no sure way to know, or where to begin. To Shappa it seemed like this clan of badgers had lost so much, and she couldn’t allow further pain to befall them if it could be helped.

Perhaps it was her naïveté or the deep desire to belong, Shappa believed the old warrior. Although it seemed like she had to prove herself, there was certainly power in numbers. She looked at Hunter who was standing beside her, then towards a badger mother and her pups. Shappa would sit on the ground, she was seemingly in deep thought as to what they would do next. She also wondered if Hunter thought this endeavor was just too dangerous. They had defeated one of them yes, but with a lot of help and a degree of luck. Two of them in unison just felt like such a great favor to ask of anyone. Yet.. she was curious. “What’s on your mind, Hunter?” She asked softly as she looked up at him then back at the ground. “..do we leave them to meet their end at the mercy of this curse, or.. should we help them? That is.. if a cure is possible.”

Oliver Delselmon

"Well its no issue-" and off she went... And... Right to bed... Hrmm... Well, alls well that ends well. Can't say he wouldn't want a nap himself... Maybe he should let the younger folks deal with the adventures... Or maybe he should simply try and help the world in a better way...? Perhaps he'll try the towns nearby, see if they need a healer...

...No really what in hell should he do...?

Maybe go with the others...? No... he may be needed here...

Damn... Who'd think he'd get bored in a fantasy forest...? The badgers weren't even cute kemonomimi... Still they were cute...

He should go for a walk...

Okras
"You have a good heart, Red Thunder. But... Well..." the old badger shuffled abit on his seat. "There is... One last thing... A flower... Rare, but if we were to get the seed, we could possibly save our kin...

But... In the last few months, our losses were many, and we nary had time to send warriors out to explore... It, and our wayward lost kin are why we linger in these lands... By this time, we should be further in our travels. But with the troubles... I fear that we may lose our hope before the next spring buds bloom..." he looked to the pups still playing in the dirt.

"I know not even if it is real... But the story is as follows...

Through willow grove lashes and meadow brook stones, break way through where the horned serpents make their homes.

There-in and through, to the Great Yew, and dance a circle round it's trunk. Then upon, it, shall the Great Yew tell all." The badger cleared his throat abit.

"...It.. sounds better with a singer's voice... And maybe I may have cut out a few versus the song was always wordy..." he seemed to grumble abit.

"I've only seen this Yew tree from afar, following trails of stories isn't efficent use of time for what ptecious little people we have left...

We've attempted to move towards it, but no matter how many days we travel, it always remains out of grasp... Perhaps this tree is living and speaking? Perhaps it has a map carved into it...? I do not know...

The singer, spoke this to me in a dream, but a day before he went mad..." the old badger's eye blinks hard, forcing a tear back. "...I cannot promise you much, we have barely anything to our name... I don't ask you to hunt our lost kin... But... This.. May be our only chance... I... Do not have very long left..." the old badger, despite his earlier vigor and strength, seemed smaller now than ever...

"...It is alot to ask of strangers... If you wish to stay, then go, we will not bar you... You are friends, and shall forever be, for as long as we last..."

@ those present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back