• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] Aspiring Students At The Academy Festival

Arthur Verg
20211114_093548.png
The one armed man walked away from the two he had antagonized just minutes ago, feeling good about his apology soon forgot about it. He walked on around the festival enjoying the festivities and his new surroundings, it was strange really... He wouldn't normally be doing this sort of thing alone, he usually had a couple of his buddies with him to stay safe, and now he didn't even have two arms. It was frustrating to him.

He let out a choked angry sigh, he missed his family, both of them, one he betrayed and the other that betrayed him... This was a great place to run a rigged game at, if you could get a small group of your buddies, five at the least, set a table up with one playing cards, the other four would the crowd. Rule is NEVER go near that table, if you play, you'll lose. Guaranteed. If you are standing in the crowd, you wouldn't even know it but you'll get your wallet stolen, being involved in any capacity will make you lose all your money.

Just as Arthur was thinking of the ploys he and his previous gang used to pull, he came across a stand where some guy was doing what he was doing, ripping people off out of their money. Arthur's eyes scanned the stand seeing that it pay a 100, possiblely win 5000. Most likely this guy has made more than 5000 already, if he's been doing this all day. Staying away from the crowd, Arthur stood and observed from a distance, he wanted to see what was exactly happening. This was a different world from his, there could have been a possible way to win, to see how this man was cheating. The frustration of everyone that was surrounding the table wanting this man to lose didn't really make Arthur believe they weren't in on the scam.

But this was a student of the academy, by his getup. They'd most likely try to keep the money for themselves, the less people in on a scam the lower the chances of getting snitched on. The former gangster smirked a little, this reminded him of old times. " Good times... " he mumbled under his breath, reminiscing. But this wasn't the time to be thinking of his people, this has probably gone on long enough, these people needed to stop falling for this scam. Arthur stood to the side of observed, waiting to see any sort of suspicious activity, having a clear view of everyone at the table.

The dealer. The player. The people surrounding the table. He observed every one of them to see who was involved or not. The dealer could be using mind magic too, the last student used his powers on him. Why wouldn't this one be doing that.

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - E
Precision - F
Intelligence - E
Vitality - F
Speed - E

Naya met back up with Dan after talking to a few people and shook her head. "That's about what I got too." She admitted, shrugging her shoulders. "I did get his name if that helps. Ilisdoor." She sighed and watched as the latest challenger lost. "How could someone win every game? Even ones he's never played before? He's definitely cheating. But how?" Her tail waved back and forth as she was lost in thought. How could they find out what he was doing? It wasn't like they could just read his mind.

Wait...

Naya's ears popped up. "Hey! Didn't we just see a guy with mental powers? You don't think he's reading his opponent's mind, do you?"

Dan, the Thoughtful, Rhetorical, Plain-Clothed Traveler

Dan thoughtfully considered Naya's words as she responded to his query. He looked slightly disappointed as she discussed her findings, and smirked uncomfortably as the latest challenger announced his defeat and the guy behind the stand started bragging again. He looked back over at Naya as she stated her skepticism about the fellow's success rate and circumstances. Dan smugly responded, "There are many questions like that in the world. Ones with no apparent answer. When encountering such questions, formulate a theory and a method to try and test it." He then frowned, looking a bit annoyed. "However, it's difficult for me to imagine what sort of theory to posit here...there are so many possibilities..."

He looked surprised as she suddenly exclaimed her thoughts to him. He chuckled at her suggestions that he might be reading minds, and mumbled, "Well, of course that's possible, but..." he then stopped, appearing to have realized something. He thought for a few more moments, then smiled. "Actually, you might be on to something Naya." He then started to look around at the people near the stalls.

The stall itself was located in the middle of a row, so it had two other stalls on either side of it, and people were constantly walking by in the middle area between the stalls on either side of the row, both pointed inwards. To either side of the 'challenge' stall were other game-related stalls, one of which was some sort of throwing game with custom-made wooden figures as prizes, and one of which was some sort of trivia challenge that promised a prize of 1000 Rykes to whoever answered all the questions right, or who did the best by the end of the day. As far as Dan looked, he couldn't see any other stalls with prizes anywhere near as high as the one from this challenge stall.

As far as the people around were concerned, the stall didn't seem to catch much attention from most of the passersby. There seemed to be five or six adults who were gathered around to watch challengers, and to occasionally give it a shot themselves. Dan spotted the one-armed guy a bit further away, and he also spotted an older man with an unusual set of clothing and a particularly unusual-looking theatrical mask on. Compared to the other stalls, this stall had more people gathered around it at a given moment, but it didn't seem to be catching much of any attention from new people. Further, all of the people around the stand seemed to bear particularly hostile emotions towards the stall owner.

Dan narrowed his eyes after looking around, and leaned back in towards Naya, speaking softly again. "Let's go with the idea that he's reading minds. How would we prove that he is cheating if he was reading someone's mind?" He paused for a bit to let her think, but evidently, his question was rhetorical. Before giving her the opportunity to respond, he continued, "Given the constraints of the situation, we'd have to challenge him to a game where he'd only be able to win if he read the challenger's mind, right?" He paused again to let it sink in, but frowned, looking back over at him, and continued, "But that won't work here. The game has to be winnable without mind reading, otherwise I won't be able to win either. If I can't win, he won't bother cheating." He then quickly added, "And that's not the only problem with your theory. Watch, this guy might've been thinking along the same lines as you."

He gestured to the newest challenger. The guy challenged the shop owner to a game of dice, with the dice being rolled out on the surface of the counter. Each side seemed to call a number, and whoever was closer to the final result for three out of five games won. But the guy won all three of the first three rounds, much to the challenger's chagrin. The challenger angrily demanded another game, and paid the fee again, but as the next game started, Dan leaned back down to Naya, continuing, "It's as you can see. He is confident that he can win any game, including ones about random chance. You can't guarantee wins at those games with mind reading alone. So that theory is out. We'll need a new one."

He then continued watching for a bit as several other attempts elapsed. One of the guys challenged the stall owner to a betting-style card game, but as the game went on, the challenger repeatedly lost even when he was dealt a better hand, and the stall owner always seemed to be able to call his bluffs. The guy ultimately lost the game as a whole after one last failed attempt to bluff his way into a victory. One of the ladies then challenged him to a complicated numbers game involving a game set with various squares and numbered tokens, which the stall owner didn't seem to know the rules of to start with. Once the game got started, it took around 10 minutes to get through. The stall owner seemed to be genuinely struggling at one point, based on his facial expressions, but ultimately turned the game around, causing the lady to look incredibly frustrated and to accept her defeat. The masked figure crossed his arms as the stall owner continued to arrogantly ask for more 'competent' challengers. Although his face was completely covered behind the theatre mask, the stranger's posture betrayed a sort of frustration as well. The people in the crowd were still growing more and more frustrated at the arrogance of the guy behind the counter.

After the numbers game ended, Dan looked back over at Naya, and asked, "Well? Have you thought of anything?" he paused for a bit to see her expression, then leaned in towards her and quietly added, "With the dice game, he seemed to always know what to guess, even though the challenger didn't. With the card game, he never seemed to be tricked by the challenger's tricks. But in the numbers game, he didn't seem to know everything that the challenger was going to do. What does that tell you?" Despite how he worded his questions, his tone and expression betrayed his intent. He barely concealed a knowing smile as he looked over at her for a moment. The other people in the crowd leaned in and mumbled among one another, trying to figure out what to try next as the stall owner kept bragging about how amazing he was.

Arthur Verg
20211114_093548.png

Arthur smirked as watched the people get more craftier and craftier, trying any way to beat this man in his own set up. Any game that they think they could win in, they would lose. It seemed that they got close a couple times, frustration built on this obnoxious man's face. But he was quick to figure out the game and would win. Looked like no one was getting that 5000 Ryke anytime soon. His eyes scanned over the crowd to see the same people, a couple more joined while a couple had left.

As he scanned he would notice that Dan man and Naya the cat girl. Seems they were watching too, this got Arthur to thinking, while they weren't on the best of terms, Arthur could use that money. Between the three of them, if they could win, they could split the money. That's about 1600 Rykes each. Could help him get by for a few days.

He stood straight up and adjusted his clothing a bit, then he moved on around the crowd, making sure to stay away from it as he made his way over to where Dan and Naya were at, he walked pass the two before he stood next to Dan looking straight ahead. " I see you two are watching this. You finding this entertaining with that smirk on your face? " Arthur asked. " Believe me. I used to do things similar to this. " Arthur stared at the crowding people. " Everyone wants to see this guy lose. But he won't. The more he keeps winning the more these people will throw their money at him so they can have a chance of beating him. The more money he will make. Basic stuff but smart. What have you noticed so far? " Arthur asked.

Mentions: Synthetic Synthetic Ian Temero Ian Temero

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - D
Precision - F
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - D

Naya thought long and hard about the question Dan posed to her. One of her ears tilted more and more the longer she thought about it. "Well... The only way you guess that accurately at a game of chance would be if you knew what the answer was going to be. But what does that have to do with the numbers game?" Her tail waved back and forth. Finally she sighed and her shoulders drooped. "I don't know man. I'm too much of a muscle brain for this."

It was about this time that Arthur joined them and Naya jumped a little, having been too focused on the problem to notice him. "Oh! Hey!" She chirped, before diving into an explanation of what they'd learned so far, from his name to the fact that people were sure he was cheating. "I thought it might be mindreading, but it doesn't explain him winning games of chance."

Dan, the Thoughtful, Plain-Clothed Traveler

The others kept deliberating among themselves as they tried to think of a game that they could use to beat the cocky brat, all while said cocky brat kept bragging about how amazing his was and how he hasn't lost all day. Meanwhile, Dan listened to Naya. After her question about the number game, Dan raised a finger. "If you don't understand, then maybe it would help if you thought about the games as fights?" Dan looked a bit disappointed as she gave up. "Even muscle-brains need to know how to think through problems, or else they'll get caught in the traps of scrawny guys like me."

However, right after he said that, his gaze locked onto the one-armed guy from earlier approach. Dan raised his eyebrow as he saw the fellow, then commented, "Ah, that guy is back." He listened to the one-armed guy's take on the situation, and calmly assessed Naya's description. He looked impressed after she reached the end of her comments, then added, "From what I observed so far, he seems to win without any effort at all on simple games and games of chance, and he struggles in the more complicated and strategic games." He then leaned in to whisper to the two of them. "So, if one of us challenges him to a race to solve a long and complicated puzzle, I wonder what will happen?"

He then stood upright again, watching as one of the guys from the crowd of frustrated people challenged him to a new game, one involving cards. "Sadly, I don't know many games, and I'm not sure I can come up with one on the spot like this...do either of you know of anything promising?"

Arthur Verg

20211114_093548.png

" I was thinking the same thing. Mind reading, if the students from earlier could do it why can't this one? But I've come to notice he was struggling in the game against the woman at first but got it. So he could be lying to throw people off by using body language. " Arthur explained. " But. " he smiled a little. " I have a couple games that I could try out. " He looked to Dan and Naya. " 21 and War. Take a lot of skill with 21, counting cards, predicting your opponent, guessing the right cards. Player to get 21 or closest to 21 wins. " Arthur looked ahead of him to the crowd.

" War is usually unpredictable, unless you know how to shuffle a deck in your favor. " Arthur explained. " Highest card wins. Split the deck evenly, 26 for two people. If the same card is played, put 3 cards down and then you flip one more. Highest gets the whole pile. " Arthur finished before he remembered one more game. " Last one is speed. Shuffle the deck, place 5 cards on two sides, 2 in the middle by themselves leaving 40 cards in the deck. Each player gets 20 on their side. Shuffle their deck. Objective is to get rid of your deck. Each player draws 5 and only can have 5 in their hand at one time. When each player is ready they flip the 2 cards face down over, then you play. You either go up or down. For example, if the card is a 4 you can go up 5, 6, 7 or down 3, 2, ace. Aces can go to kings and vice versa. But you can only pick up one card from your deck at a time and place one card down at a time. You can go as fast as possible. First person to play their card yells speed and wins. " Arthur finished looking at the two. " What do you think of our odds on those games? " Arthur asked.

He was skilled at card games like this, growing up in the mafia, you have to be. It was one of the only times to unwind and hone your skills and play for money. " But. That doesn't explain how he is winning each of these games. Mind reading is a way he learns each of these games quickly. "

Mentions: Ian Temero Ian Temero Synthetic Synthetic

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - D
Precision - F
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - D

Naya nodded along as the two talked. Since Dan had said to think of it like a fight she was trying to do just that. And it sort of made sense. The guy was good at reading his opponent's moves, but when it came to the fancy footwork he wasn't as quick. Okay, maybe it wasn't her best analogy. But it worked! She understood better! Kind of...

She listened as Arthur explained his games and Naya's ears perked up at the last one. "Ooo! I like the sound of Speed! Simple but fast paced! Keeping you on your toes! Just how I like my fights!" She giggled, but then her ears drooped. "Oh, but I guess simple's not what we're looking for. Hm..." She went back to thinking, but all she could come up with were physical games, like mercy or tag, and somehow she didn't think those would fly. So she shrugged her shoulders. "I'm willing to give one of those a shot."

Dan listened closely as the one-armed guy explained three card games that he's familiar with. While the guy was explaining, yet another person challenged the arrogant stall owner to a game, this one being another card game - one which seemed to go on for a while, and which the stall owner seemed to be winning at pretty easily. There was a lot of chatter nearby, so the three had to speak up to continue hearing one another.

Once the one-armed guy asked for thoughts, Dan looked over to Naya, who immediately communicated her excitement for the last game that the fellow mentioned, as well as her disappointment that it wasn't what Dan had specified. Dan then looked back at the one-armed guy and, still somewhat quietly, pointed out, "Twenty One won't work. We already saw the guy easily win a card game that sounds similar. And, as Naya said, it sounds like it's a bunch of short games that don't have a speed component, which is not ideal." He then thought a bit more, then quickly added, "War sounds less like a game and more like a guessing game with a lot of intermediary steps. I doubt it would turn out any differently than the game of 'guessing the number to be rolled on this die', but it might be worth trying. If each game lasts a while, then it might be able to rule out prediction as a mechanism." He then paused for another moment to think, his eyes moving about as if he were visualizing something, and he continued, "Speed sounds the most promising. It is a game about reaching the end first with a combination of strategy and luck. Reading the opponent's mind would not matter, because it would not provide any advantage. That would also provide some useful information about our arrogant friend."

Once the one-armed guy responded with his comment about the mystery behind how the stall owner was winning, Dan shook his head, looking frustrated. The guy in the theater mask seemed to hear the comment that the one-armed guy made, and turned his attention over to their group as Dan responded to it. "We don't have enough information to figure that out yet, but we can infer that it has something to do with either prediction or decision. After all, it works with games of random chance. He has to either predict which outcome will occur, or he has to decide what event will occur."

Once Naya spoke up about being willing to give a game a shot, Dan grinned. "Well, we have three games that we've thought up, and two of them are promising. So, how about this:" He reached into his coin purse and pulled out two small metal coins, holding them out to the one-armed guy. "Here. Challenge him to War. Make sure you shuffle the deck in several ways. Arbitrarily put some cards in certain spots, then keep shuffling. If he's using some ability to subconsciously control how you're shuffling the deck, that should test the limits of that ability. Then, once you play the game, take it slow. Be really deliberative. Try to waste his time. Make the win condition to defeat you in 3 out of 5 games. If he's predicting the results, the limit on how far into the future he can 'see' should have an upper limit." He looked over to Naya as he mentioned speed, and pulled out 2 more coins, offering them to her. "If he loses, you can take a shot at it too. Your goal is to just win as fast as possible. Since it's your first time playing the game, don't worry about strategy at all. Your goal is to win the game so fast that whatever cheat he's using won't help him."

Dan then gestured to himself, once the other two seemed to understand. "As for me, I'll by using these 'tests' to try and figure out his power. If it goes the way I'm thinking it will, you'll both lose, but I should see something that'll clue me in on what he's doing to win." He then grinned mischievously. "So let's put him in his place, shall we?"

As Dan made his comment, he looked over to the stall and his face returned to a more neutral expression. The theater mask guy also turned his attention back over to the stall. The guy who challenged the stall owner admitted defeat, gathered his cards, and started walking away, commenting about how "it's impossible". Dan then quickly moved up to the guy, interjecting, "Hold on a second! Would you please lend me those cards? My friends want to take a shot at this challenge, but we don't have any playing cards with us."

The guy behind the stall flipped his hair out of the way and chuckled haughtily as the guy with the cards handed them over to Dan. "Oh my! More amateurs trying their luck." He shot a smug grin over at Dan and the others as Dan handed the cards over to the one-armed guy. "As long as you can afford the fee, I'll be happy to beat you commoners as many times as you like." Dan shot him a business smile, replying, "Please retain that enthusiasm for once you start getting beaten yourself. My friends and I will be claiming that prize, whether you like it or not." [Used Inspiration (Rank F) on Arthur and Naya]

Arthur Verg

20211114_093548.png

The one-armed man listened to Dan and Naya talk, his eyes stared at the stall owner, he was staring into his soul. He was playing with people and their money. Using their frustration and anger to get the better of their money. His eyes looked to Dan when offered the cards and coin. " Gee. Thanks. " At the mention of shuffling since he had one arm. But Arthur had a trick. Before the two his tied up sleeve where his arm originally would have been at disintegrated into nothingness. Then from almost as if it was out of thin air, a purple arm appeared in its place. Arthur smiled a little and squeezed his new hand. " It feels real... " His eyes looked up at the stall owner as Arthur tossed the two coins up into the air with his new ethereal arm. Walking through the crowd and tossing it on the table in a disrespectful manner.

" War. " He sat down staring at the man. " Thats the game we will play. " Arthur stated as he began to shuffle, using his new arm and hand to shuffle the cards, showing off his card skills by even shuffling in the air. And still having the deck assemble perfectly without a single card falling. After Arthur explained what War was. " 2 out of 3 games, whoever wins 2 games, wins. Simple enough right? Highest card wins. " Arthur chuckled a little, he had a almost evil look in his eye. He wanted to gouge the man's eyes out just to end his little reign of terror but that wasn't who he was anymore.

After separating the deck out between the two of them, they were ready. The two flipped over the first card of the deck, Arthur stared into the man's eyes without breaking eye contact. Back and forth the two went, one got two cards, the other got two cards. Both played the same card then placed 3 cards down and flipped the fourth for one of them to take the small pile which ended up in the stall owners favor and won him the first game. Arthur shrugged with a smile. " Beginners luck, as they say. " He took the deck back and shuffled again, not breaking eye contact, he was almost staring aggressively, if looks could kill... Oooooh boy.

Arthur got a little more serious the second game. Slammimg cards down, winning the small wars the two had in this card game. Time after time after time. Arthur easily won the second game, he took a deep breath as he reshuffled the deck. Looking at the owner with a smug smirk. Showing him he knew how to play cards in his favor. Then the final game...

Arthur made sure to shuffle this one extra long to build suspense. It seemed more people had joined once they knew this would be the final game and it was tied. Arthur looked at the stall owner who looked nervous. Without breaking eye contact, the two went back and forth, back and forth. Boom boom boom boom boom. Cards slammed on the table, both were evenly matched. They were nearing the end of the decks and Arthur slowed down a bit, his eyes broke contact and he looked back at Dan and Naya. His amber eyes with what looked like bloodlust had stared at Naya. His head turned back to the stall owner and he smiled. Standing up, Arthur chuckled. " I give up. " he said having five cards left in his deck. This upset the crowd of course but Arthur placed his hands up. " Please. " he called over the angry shouting before he then held his cards in his hand.

" As much as I'd love to stomp this guy in this game. I'd much rather watch this smug ass get beat by a little girl. " Arthur looked to Naya for a moment where the crowd looked to, seeing Naya. Arthur flipped his cards on the table to reveal his final cards. All were kings and 1 Queen. He would have won, and Arthur looked smugged. " Since I bowed out. You won, good sir. " Arthur said in a mocking manner. It was clear Arthur had stacked the cards but there was no way to prove he had. Arthur took the man's deck and flipped it showing the lowest suits, 2s and 3s. Taking the cards, Arthur began to shuffle them all up as he walked from the table towards the two he originally came back from. " Naya. Beat this man. " Arthur handed her the deck with his purple ethereal arm.

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - D
Precision - F
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - D

Naya watched Arthur's game with great interest, eyes darting back and forth between the two as their war progressed. She didn't fully understand what was going on, but she could tell that it was intense. When the man made eye contact with her though she felt a shiver run down her spine. Sure enough this guy was dangerous and she was glad that he was on their side. But then he forfeited. Naya was as appalled as the rest of the crowd, but when he stared at her again, drawing the crowd's attention to her, she realized what he was doing before he even showed the cards. It was a demoralizing tactic.

With a grin she took the cards from Arthur. "Gladly." She said, taking his spot and tossing her two coins in. "Speed's the name of this game." She announced, attempting to shuffle the cards in the air like Arthur had but it just resulted in a mess on the table. "Oops!" She giggled nervously and recollected the cards, flipping them all the same direction once more. She then held the deck out to the stall owner. "Why don't you shuffle while I explain the rules?"

She taught him how the game worked while he mixed the cards and once he was done she took the deck and began setting up. Two cards in the middle. Five on either side. All face down. She then took the remainder and split it in half, counting out twenty for each of them. She took her half and shuffled it once more, not trying anything fancy this time and going for a simple overhand shuffle. Then she drew her five cards. "Ready?" she asked, hand resting on one of the two in the middle.

They flipped their cards and the game begun. They were evenly paced at first, both playing cards one after the other. It didn't take too long however before Naya was unable to play any cards and the stall owner was able to place several down. With each card he played the cat girl's ears laid down flatter, but eventually she saw a chance to slip a card in and the race was back on. She was behind, but if there was one thing she was confident in it was how fast she could play. Soon she caught up, playing two for every one he got.

Twice they had to flip cards from the five stacks over when neither of them could play. Then they got down to the last few cards in their decks. Naya drew her last card and grinned. "Guess what?" She sang out before slamming her cards down in rapid succession. "Five four three two and ace!" She slammed her hands down on the table and leaped out of her chair, crying "SPEED!"

Dan stood next to the other fellows in the crowd as the one-armed man approached the guy behind the stall. When the one-armed guy made his spectral arm appear, Dan smirked, but didn't say anything. The other fellows in the crowd "ooh"ed and "ahh"ed at the display of magic, and the guy behind the stall scoffed. "At least I won't have to play the game for you, commoner." the arrogant student said, leaning onto the table and swiping the coins as they were tossed his way. "So then, what game shall I be beating you at?"

At the mention of 'war', the fellow raised his eyebrow. "Never heard of it. Explain." He watched the cards being shuffled with an unamused look. The dexterity that the one-armed guy displayed with his shuffling was noteworthy, but it wasn't as flashy as the sort of tricks that professional gamblers were capable of. In spite of his arrogance, he listened very attentively as the game was explained to him. After the one-armed man explained the "best two out of three" rule, the blonde fellow snidely remarked, "Of course! A simpleton's game needs a simpleton's explanation, after all." He had a wicked smile on his face as he took in the one-armed guy's murderous glare, completely unphased.

The stall owner seemed completely confident as he rapidly went through the first game. He rolled his eyes after the one-armed guy's comment about luck, and mumbled, "More like your idiotic shuffling." As the one-armed guy kept staring at him aggressively and started shuffling again, the blonde guy glared back. "Changing it up, I see? I'll add a condition then: If you happen to win somehow, we'll play again and I'll be the dealer. If you still win with that idiotic strategy of yours, I'll accept defeat."

The two of them argued for a bit, then they continued on. Dan nodded as he watched the exchange. He seemed to be focusing very intently on the blonde guy's face, especially as the guy went from the amusement of his win to anger as the one-armed guy started shuffling. Evidently, Dan noticed something that gave him a sort of confirmation, as he looked quite satisfied with whatever he was thinking about.

As the next two games went on, the blonde guy sort of just went through the motions. As he lost the first game, he raised an eyebrow, looking annoyed, but unamused. The people in the crowd roared with excitement, since it was the first significant loss they had seen the guy go through all day. One of the guys rushed off to get a few other fellows nearby as the one-armed fellow started shuffling again. The crowd grew larger. The blonde guy looked around at the fellows in the crowd with feigned nervousness. "Oh no. The stakes are so high. Whatever will I do?"

As the next game went on, the blonde guy just went through the motions again. He did look genuinely confused at the beginning of the game as he saw the first few exchanges, but after a while, he lost interest again. As the game was nearing its close and the one-armed guy turned to look at Dan and Naya, the blonde guy commented, "Well, hurry up now. Once we're done with this it's my turn to deal..." Dan looked very intrigued, almost not even noticing the fellow's attention, and Naya flinched at the peculiar expression that was sent her way. The whole crowd was on edge, staring over to see what the resulting exchange would be.

But then, the one-armed guy forfeited. The guy in the theater mask relaxed a little as the one-armed guy forfeited. Dan and Naya both looked very disappointed. The blonde cackled with laughter. "Of course you would. After all, you'd never survive a game with a real dealer." Most of the fellows in the crowd shot the one-armed guy a glare as he revealed his winning hand and whimsically announced his loss. The blonde fellow snarkily retorted, "Then leave, commoner. I have better things to do than humor your farce."

Dan watched as the one armed man and Naya approached one another and the deck changed hands. Some of the people in the audience started mumbling about what the comments about dealing were about. Some even started to mumbled about how the blonde guy might've been implying that the one-armed guy was cheating. The confused chatter quieted down as the catgirl approached the arrogant blonde fellow. He caught the coins that she tossed him and housed them in a cozy spot under the counter of his stand. He then sighed and asked, "Alright then, beastblood, what're you going to embarrass yourself with today?"

As she named the game and started attempting to shuffle, the cards spilled all over the table. But the blonde rolled his eyes, looking like he expected that. "Could you please not waste my time? I only have so much patience for your type." Once she made her apologetic comment and handed him the deck, he nodded and started shuffling the deck. He didn't seem to be doing it very elegantly, but his movements were simple, quick, and efficient. He got through around 16 repetitions before she finished her explanation. However, his expression gradually got more and more worried as she explained how the game worked. He gritted his teeth as she asked to set up the game. "Fine. My magnificence isn't just limited to games of strategy and chance. I'll beat you at this game of 'speed' as well."

Once the game was set up and she asked if he was ready, he focused and nodded. "Of course, commoner. Hurry up." With that, the game started. Everyone in the crowd paid close attention to this game - even moreso than the previous few. It seems that the one-armed guy did a good job at setting the stage for Naya. A few people in the crowd groaned in frustration as Naya ran out of things to do, since it seemed like the regular pattern of the blonde guy inevitably winning was bound to repeat itself.

But then, in a stunning turnabout, Naya started playing again and the blonde guy's eye started twitching. He angrily glared over at her as he drew a few more cards. She was gaining momentum. The people who seemed to be losing interest looked all the more amazed by the shift. "Woah"s and "what?"s started spreading through the rather small crowd as Naya started turning the game around. The blonde guy was frantically drawing cards again as she played her second last card, then, as she announced her win, he gritted his teeth in rage.

The crowd exploded in excitement, with lots of victorious comments of "hah! take that!" and "In your face!" and the like. The guy in the theater mask stroked the bottom of his mask, as if it were his chin, although his expression was veiled. Dan looked excited, but perplexed. Then, the blonde guy exploded. "No! I cannot accept this, this is ridiculous!" The guys in the crowd quieted down at the blonde fellow's outrage, and he continued, "There's no way an amateur like you could win this game on your first try! You didn't even have a strategy!"

Most of the fellows in the crowd looked confused, but Dan grinned proudly and stepped forward, pointing accusingly at the fellow. "And how is that in any way relevant to your loss? It was your first time playing the game as well, Flavian."

The blonde swatted the cards aside at the plain-clothed fellow's accusation. "That's beside the point! She obviously cheated. I demand a rematch."

Dan shook his finger and uttered a patronizing, "No no no! You see, that's not how it works. You have to set up the rules ahead of time. You were the dealer this time, too." He pointed up at the signboard of the blonde guy's stand. "'Speed' is a game. You both agreed on that. You accepted her money. Unless you have some sort of convincing evidence that she somehow cheated even with you dealing the cards, it's her win."

The blonde guy slammed his fist on the table, thinking, but seemingly not realizing anything of use. The crowd was starting to murmur at their rapid exchange. After a few moments, he suddenly realized something and his face contorted with rage. "YOU SLEAZY COMMONER! YOU SET ME UP!" The blonde guy was completely enraged, even shouting at this point. People from other stalls were looking over and starting to stare.

Dan smirked, crossing his arms victoriously. "So what? You lost. Pay her what she's owed...or I'll get the disciplinary committee involved. I'm pretty confident you know what I'm getting at." His last threat seemed to give the blonde guy pause.

But before he could retort again, the guy in the theatre mask stepped forward. "That's enough." The blonde-haired guy looked shocked as he heard the voice. The guy in the mask then removed the mask, revealing the face of an aged elvish man. He looked extremely disappointed. "Flavian, what in the name of Ryke are you doing?"

The blonde guy looks taken aback as he sees the face of the fellow who stepped forward. "P-Professor Haliwyn? Wh-what're you doing here? I thought-"

He was interrupted as the fellow gently pushed Naya out of the way and placed his hand down on the counter of the blonde fellow's stall, yelling, "Ensuring that our glorious school's reputation isn't tarnished by incorrigible miscreants like yourself! Now silence yourself!" He then quickly turned around and politely bowed to the people around, announcing, "On behalf of the Imperial Logia Academy of Ryken, I sincerely apologize for the exceedingly dishonorable conduct of this student." The blonde guy held up his hand, looking mortified, and made as if to speak, but the professor swiftly flicked his finger towards him. Then, although the blonde guy looked like he was speaking, no sound was heard.

The professor then continued as the blonde guy looked confused. "I will be returning all of the money that this student of mine has stolen from you all." He also nodded over to the girl. "And, of course, you will receive your winnings as well. Speaking of which..." He surveyed the crowd, then pointed over to Dan and the one-armed guy. "Both of you, and you as well," he gestured back to Naya, "Stick around, I have something to talk about with you three once this is over."

Over the next several dozen minutes, the professor went through the record that Flavian had been keeping about the money he had made throughout the festival up to this point. Evidently, he made more than 9,000 rykes per day from his scheme. The professor forced him to bow his head and apologize to everyone as he handed over the money that he had unfairly taken from them. When his apologies didn't seem genuine enough, the professor smacked him and told him to do it all over again. It was fairly painful to watch - like a child being chastised.

Once everyone received their recompense, the professor snapped his fingers and the stall completely disappeared, as if it was never there to begin with. He then looked down at the blonde-haired guy with a stern expression. "You will be receiving a demerit for this. Go reflect on your actions." Flavian then sighed and accepted the reprimand, thanking the professor for his mercy, and quickly walked away, glaring daggers over at Dan, the one-armed guy, and Naya. The professor then approached the three, looking exceedingly disappointed at the blonde fellow as he walked over.

"Our academy holds honor and competency in exceedingly high regard. Whereas Flavian only showed one of the two back there, you all showed both." He then smiles warmly and holds out his hand, first to Naya, then to the one-armed guy, then to Dan. "For that, I am grateful. I do not believe I've seen any of you before. I'm Professor Haliwyn. I head the department of ethics here at the Imperial Logia Academy of Ryken, although the focus of my research is mana theory. Are you students?"

Other festival-goers walked past the empty stall space as they spoke. The festival seemed to be steadily getting more and more busy as time went on.

Arthur Verg

20211114_093548.png

The now two armed man watched the battle between, Naya and the stall owner, his eyes watched Naya as she tried to shuffle like he did only to fumble it. Arthur shook his head with a sigh, she was young and thought she was as showy as Arthur. He rubbed his chin with his ethereal arm watching the two go back and forth. Then he smirked as Naya called speed and the crowd was in a uproar, rubbing the defeat in this man's face. Naya did good, she was quick to learn the game, not bad.

But it was then that this stall owner began to try and say that Naya cheated him in their game, Arthur rolled his eyes, that would have been a huge offense back home. If you suspected someone was cheating you better be able to prove, if proven right the cheater usually got whacked. But if you were being a sore loser and had no way to prove it, you would get whacked or your ass beaten into disability. Commoner... What a ridiculous insult, guess people here can't come up with better insults. Arthur can already come up with a couple better ones than that one, but of course Speed did not have a strategy, its not like poker and trying to lie to your opponents face, or trying to stack cards. Your objective was to get rid of your deck as quickly as possible IF possible.

When Dan stepped forward to tell the stall owner that he had lost and he couldn't make rules up, Arthur watched from the side with his arms crossed, staring at the owner as he tried coming up with a way to get out of his loss. His eyes moved to a masked figure that revealed himself to be a old elvish man, but this man must have been important if the stall owner named Flavian looked terrified when he was not being scolded like a beaten child. It was enjoyable to watch, and Arthur was sure everyone at the stall enjoyed it just as much if not more.

Once everyone got their money returned, Arthur took his coin that he had lost, smirking at Flavian as he moved away to meet this professor. As he went on about how Flavian brought dishonor on their academy and even shook his hand, Arthur crossed his arms when asked if they were students. Arthur cleared his throat. " No. I am not at least. But I was trying to find someone to talk to to join the academy. " Arthur explained.

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - D
Precision - F
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - D

There was little that Naya hated more than being accused of lying. She didn't really know why but her credibility was something she proud of. So when someone starts questioning it, especially someone who was being dishonest themselves, it really got under her skin. Luckily before she could start arguing back Dan stepped in to her defense. She nodded along as he countered Flavian's arguments.

Then the professor stepped in and promptly shut the student up. Naya actually felt a little sorry for the dude as he watched all he had built crumble down. But it was kind of what he deserved. Karma and all that. Once it was all wrapped up and the professor asked if they were students Naya shook her head. "Nah, I'm to dumb for that." She said with an embarrassed giggle.

The professor seemed to pity Naya as she responded to his question with self-deprecation. He nodded understandingly as the one-armed fellow indicated his interest in joining. When he shook his hand with Dan, the plain-clothed traveler commented, "Not yet, but I did plan on becoming one. My name is Dan, by the way."

With that said, the professor scratched his chin, looking the three of them over. He gestured to the three, commenting, "Very well. I shall address those concerns. But first, I would like to know a bit more about what happened back there." He focused in on Dan. "Flavian said that you set him up. I didn't quite understand what he meant by that. Could you explain that to me?"

Dan then grinned and nodded. He explained, "Why, of course. These two and I knew that he was cheating somehow, and I suspected that he was utilizing information-accessing abilities to do so. So we thought up a scheme to reveal his tricks." He gestured to Naya and the one-armed guy as he mentioned them. "We suspected that he was using mind-reading abilities in addition to another ability, so I thought up a plan to take advantage of that." He pointed at the one-armed guy. "He knows several games, and is rather intimidating, so I had him play several rounds of a pretty simple game based on random chance. The goal there was to figure out whether Flavian's other, non-mind-reading ability was based on determining random outcomes or predicting them. It was obvious that he was only predicting the outcomes, since my friend was able to stack the deck against him." He then gestured to Naya, smirking as he commented, "Then, I had my friend here challenge Flavian to an entirely different game - one that she barely knows, for which mind-reading and prediction would only slow him down." He crossed his arms, looking proud. "Obviously, following the deck-stacking of the previous challenger, and knowing that we're all in the same group, Flavian would expect her to try some cheat or scheme against him. He'd want to know what it was, so he'd definitely try to read her mind so that, if he lost, he would be able to invalidate it by showing that she cheated. Unfortunately for him, Naya is an honest-to-goodness amateur who just wanted to win as fast as possible, so the time he wasted reading her mind cost him the game."

He beamed over at the other two as he paused momentarily, then gestured over at them as he continued speaking. "Of course, that wasn't my original plan. My original plan was to just gather information about how Flavian's abilities worked and to then set up a follow-up plan to invalidate them and earn a fair win. My friends here, especially this guy, far exceeded my expectations." He gently patted the one-armed guy on the shoulder as he mentioned him. He then gestured over to Naya, adding, "He thought up a great way to take advantage of her lack of confidence and experience in order to earn her a victory."

He then released the guy's shoulder and returned to a more neutral stance as the professor considered his words. The professor then nodded, after wrapping up his brief thoughts to himself. "I see. It sounds like two of you are seeking entry into the school. Based on what I have seen and heard today, all of you are more than qualified to take the entry exam." He then reached into his pockets and pulled out three small tokens, the likes of which appeared to be lacquered wood with embedded gold foil, in the symbol of the Imperial Logia Academy of Ryken. He held out the tokens to them. "In fact, it would be a waste to have you three have to wait in order to take the exam with the other applicants. I will hold a special admissions test a week from today here in this courtyard with several other promising talents. As long as you have one of these tokens and you tell your names to the guards at the entrance, you will be granted permission to enter at that time."

He then quickly double-checked everyone's full names. Dan provided his full name as "Dan". The professor double-checked the names of the other two. He then bid them farewell, commenting, "I look forward to seeing how you will each do on the entry exam. Until then, have a wonderful week!"

With that said, Dan turned to the other two, grinning as he put the token into his money pouch. "Well isn't that wonderful?" He grinned knowingly over at Naya, adding, "Even I didn't expect it to be that easy."

After enjoying themselves at the festival for a few more hours, they eventually bid one another farewell. The rest of the week went by quickly. The festival wrapped up before long, and the city continued bustling.

Dan spent a considerable amount of time reading. He would earn a bunch of money from his work as a performer, or as an investigator or as a counsellor, and would spend pretty much all of it on lodging, food, and access to various libraries. He slept about as much as he usually did, which is to say, not much at all.

Once the week was past, Dan headed back over to the academy grounds. He went in through the same gateway, over to the accessory courtyard. The guards stopped him at first, but once he presented the token and provided his name, they checked a list and hesitantly let him through. Once he was inside, he spotted a group of people in the middle of the courtyard. Various pieces of equipment were set up all throughout the courtyard, and around a dozen other people were gathered around the middle area, where Professor Haliwyn was discussing something with those who were already present. Dan looked around, but didn't see the one-armed guy or the catgirl yet.

Once he approached, Professor Haliwyn seemed to notice him, and waved over. A few other people turned around to take a look, but lost interest once seeing the approaching plain-clothed guy. "Dan! So good to see that you made it! Please have a seat. We are still waiting on six more people. Feel free to talk among yourselves, I'll explain what the test will entail once everyone arrives, so I won't have to repeat myself."

Dan barely managed to get more than a greeting in with any of the other people in the group. Only one of them wasn't an eminent, well-dressed nobleman, and the one who wasn't seemed to be some sort of monster that didn't have the ability to speak. It was an eclectic crowd, to be sure. Dan seemed to be quite amused. Once the others all showed up, Dan greeted them enthusiastically, especially the one-armed guy and Naya. Then, once everyone was gathered, the professor quieted everyone down and started giving the briefing.

"Alright everyone. Today I will be evaluating your capabilities in the fields of knowledge, athletics, combat arts, magic arts, and social arts. In each field, you will receive a rating that indicates your current capabilities, as well as the proficiency with which you utilize any relevant techniques or methodologies." He raised his hands, gesturing as he continued to speak. "Your rating in each field will be G, F, D, C, B, A, or S, in order from worst to best. Based on these ratings, you will be assigned an overall rating, which will establish the class that you will be joining. However, there is no 'G' rated class. If your rating is determined to be 'G' overall, you will not be approved for admission to the academy, and will have to improve on your foundations so that you can re-apply another time."

He then walked the prospective students around and showed them the various pieces of equipment throughout the courtyard. Evidently, there were many magic items that seemed quite expensive, the likes of which had perplexing functions like 'measuring the force of impact', 'determining the precision and density of mana-laden effects', or 'determining the time over which an event elapses'. There were also several golems, which the professor indicated were designed to serve as the 'standard' which students must overcome to receive certain ratings of combat arts.

Once the professor finished the tour, he snapped his fingers and a portal appeared next to him. Several dolls then exited the portal, the likes of which were dressed in the same uniform as the professor. He then explained that the dolls would be operating the devices, and that the prospective students would have to take turns going around the courtyard and being evaluated at each station. Once the students were done, he would finalize the student's test results and provide the student with the emblem and dorm key for their respective classes, or would send them on their way if they ended up with a rating of G.

Once the explanation was over, everyone, Dan included, started scrambling around to visit the different stations and to be evaluated. Dan went over to the magic station first. There, the doll asked him, in a voice that eerily resembled that of Professor Haliwyn, to use any magical effect. Dan shrugged and commented that he didn't know any. The doll then said that his test was complete. Dan shrugged and moved along.

The next station he went to was the combat one, which had a golem standing in a circular ring with ropes hanging around it as a sort of flexible wall. Dan had to wait a while for the other prospective students who were in line in front of him to get through their own fights. Some of them were exceedingly capable. Once it was Dan's turn, the doll asked him which golem he would like to fight against. Dan bashfully commented that he'd like to try his luck against the F rated golem. After around a minute of moving around and getting punched rather one-sidedly, the doll annouced that the test was over, saving Dan from receiving yet another bruise. The doll then used some sort of light-based spell on Dan, which caused his rather minor injuries to fade away.

Next up, Dan went to the athletics test. There, he nearly broke his hand on the force-impact rating thing, and had to be healed yet again. He also didn't seem to do too well against the weight-lifting test. However, he seemed to do pretty well on the treadmill-like thing, and was able to get to a pretty decent speed.

Next, Dan went over to the knowledge test area. There, he was asked various questions on a wide variety of topics. He seemed pretty confident in his answers pertaining to the logic, philosophy, and physics questions that were asked to him, but didn't seem nearly as confident when he was asked about stuff like magic and history. His test took longer than most of the other people, and he looked pretty satisfied with himself when the doll announced that his test was over.

Lastly, Dan headed over to the socializing test area. There, the doll provided various roleplaying prompts, the likes of which seemed a lot like a job interview. Once again, Dan's test took longer than most of the other students' tests took.

Once the last test was over for him, Dan headed back over to Professor Haliwyn. It seemed that most of the students were done already, and a line had formed in front of the professor, so Dan had to wait a while. Once it was his turn, the professor greeted Dan and looked over a translucent rock with some glowing letters flashing about on it, then said, "According to these results, your Combat Arts and Magic Arts are rank G, your athletics is rank F, and your knowledge and social arts are both at rank E. Accordingly, you belong in the F rank class. Welcome to the Imperial Logia Academy of Ryken, Dan!" He then offered Dan the F rank emblem and key. Dan eagerly accepted them.

Dan waited around with the other prospective students who got accepted. Once everyone was evaluated and those who failed were escorted out of the courtyard, the professor approached everyone else with a satisfied smile. "Congratulations! All of you are now students of the Imperial Logia Academy of Ryken! I will guide you over to the registration area so that we can get each of your names entered into the registry of your classes. Thereafter, you will receive a tour of the campus from one of the senior members of your class, which will end with you being brought to your dorm room. Your tour guide will answer any questions you have regarding the campus and its facilities."

With that, he herded the students over to one of the large buildings adjacent to the courtyard. Once everyone was inside, he brought them through a hallway and over to a room recessed within. Inside, there was a lady with dragonoid features who smiled excitedly and greeted everyone. She introduced herself as the registrar, and started taking names and writing people into the registry. While this happened, the professor disappeared, saying he needed to clean up the courtyard and get the tour guide students over to the registry office.

Once everyone was registered, a few minutes passed by. There was an excited buzz between the students as they nervously murmured about their success. Eventually, the senior students arrived, and started pairing up with the new students. From there, everyone wandered around the campus, learning about its various buildings. Dan seemed to focus in on the library and dining hall, and asked a ton of questions about them, which his tour guide patiently answered. Once they were done, they all ended up at the dorms. Dan entered his room with the key he was given, locking the door behind him, and flopped down on the bed.

"Classes from sunrise to sunset, huh?" he commented, grinning excitedly. "Looks like I'm going to be busy again..."

Arthur Verg

20211114_093548.png

When Arthur got the praise he deserved for scamming a guy scamming others, he had a wide grin on his face while his human hand and ethereal hand held one another in front of him, being formal and quiet, like he was for his family. It felt good to he praised for once, he usually wasn't praised unless it was for killing someone. When they said their farewells, Arthur made sure to stay away from the law and began to find a way to start a life for himself. Find any opportunity he could.

When a week passed and Arthur arrived to take his test. He was wearing the same outfit but this time it was a lot more refurbished. As he made his greetings to Dan and Naya, they were given a tour of the academy, Arthur making notes of what was what and where what was at. Soon enough what Arthur was waiting for began, the entrance exams.

The first test was him demonstrating any magical effect. Arthur demonstrated his spirit vision to the doll, pointing out a poor small spirit lost in time, floating around. Once finished he moved onto combat, Arthur's favorite, he loved fighting and was good at it in his line of work. When the golem stepped up, Arthur summoned a ethereal purple revolver into his ethereal hand and pointed it at the golem head from a distance. But instead he pointed down at where its legs were and fired at where its weak joints were so it would fall with only two shots. When that was finished, Arthur turned his revolver into a knife by letting the gun go and gripping once again. Now holding a ethereal purple knife. He moved to the golem and slammed the knife into the head of the golem, stopping it for good. Pulling the knife out, Arthur was grinning as the knife disappeared and he moved on.

Arthur would see athletics, now he wasn't the best but he wasn't the worst. He got through it pretty clean, he could have done better in certain areas but he got through it. Next was knowledge, Arthur did pretty well, he might not be educationally intelligent but he was witty and street smart, puzzles he could solve quickly.

Once that was over, Arthur moved onto the last test he was better at than combat. Socializing. One thing you had to be good at in his previous line of work was to lie. Lie to the right people and not to the wrong people. Throughout the entire trial, Arthur did very well and was able to play his roles. He could intimidate, persuade, and cheat his way through. He had a silver tongue.

When finished, Arthur would find out he passed and got into the academy, he smiled and would finally be able to do what he wanted to do back home. Get a education. He looked up and smirked, he was proud of himself. " School, eh? Mother would be pissed. " He laughed a little. " Fucking bitch. " Arthur laughed with himself quietly.

Naya 1.jpg
Nayacel Ker'rosam

Strength - D
Precision - F
Intelligence - D
Vitality - E
Speed - D

Naya stared shocked at the token that was handed to her. That was real gold! This was the single most expensive thing she'd ever held! It felt too precious for someone like her to even hold, and yet she was being told it was hers. And that she could apply for the school. She had to be dreaming, right? There was no way this was real. She pinched herself to be sure. Nope, that hurt. She was definitely awake.

It didn't matter though. There was no way she could go. There was just too much work to do on the farm. And even if she did go there was no way she was going to get in. School just wasn't for her. At least that's what she told herself. But when she met up with her mom and recounted the day's events she was surprised when she was encouraged to take the exam. She hadn't expected her parents to let her try.

A week passed in no time and Naya was walking back into the courtyard. Her moms had insisted that she wear something nice, though where they got the outfit Naya had no idea. She was stopped at the gates by some rude guards calling her a stray, but when she showed her token and gave her name they reluctantly let her in. She spotted Arthur and Dan and greeted them. Then the tour started and Naya was pleasantly surprised to learn that they had combat arts here. She knew what class she wanted.

Once the tour was over and everyone scattered Naya decided she was going to leave the best for last and headed over to the knowledge test. She... well, she struggled. She actually did better than she expected, having been given a basic education by her mom, but her lack of confidence in the subject slowed her down.

Next up was socializing, which she breezed through. It wasn't that she was especially proficient in the area, but that she was sure of who she was and what she'd do. So coming up with answers for the prompts wasn't a challenge.

Then it was the magic test. When prompted by the doll to use a magical effect Naya had to think for a moment. Did she have any magic? She was had one thing but she wasn't really sure if it counted. Well it was worth a shot anyways. Closing her eye she focused on the energy inside her, imagining it flowing down and around her hands. When she opened her eyes again golden flames were wreathed around her fists. "How's that?" She asked. When the only response was that the test was over Naya stuck her tongue out at the doll.

Up next came athletics which Naya preformed fairly well at. Having grown up working on a farm meant she was in pretty good shape. She did struggle a little when it came to endurance, but she worked in bursts.

Finally it was time for the combat test. This was the one she was particularly excited for. She wasn't sure what the ratings meant so she asked to try the easiest one first. It became apparent pretty quickly that F grade golem was too easy as she tore through its defenses. So she tried the E grade out. It was a bit tough but she was on the offensive for most the fight and eventually her claws proved too sharp for it.

The tests being over with Naya joined the students in front of the professor. Once she got her results she squealed in delight. She passed! She'd actually passed! It was so exciting! She could not wait to start her life as a student.

Isekai Hell RP Grade
The rp served the purpose of establishing the existence of a learning facility within Ryken, of bringing up the currency of the region, and of noting criminal entities within the city. A useful rp despite half the cast now excused from the Isekai Hell community. Way to go hard mode and intentionally give yourself a criminal title. Probably shouldn't have gotten through the city gates, but here we are.

Aftermath
Naya has been welcomed into the academy as a student and may make full use of her new status for as long as it lasts. Arthur was tested for criminality as part of the screen process. His membership was immediately terminated. He joins the list of others on the loose criminals in Ryken unless he willingly went with them when they came for him. The criminal underbelly of Ryken will continue to persist as well.

Rewards

Naya - 30 points - acquired optional titles:
  • [Ryken Student] - characters with this title are assumed to be students of an academy in Ryken and have the privileges and restrictions allotted to them.
  • [Curious Cat] - Character's with this title have an easier time learning new things and secrets. Especially, if the things they are learning could bring danger and troubles to themselves for the knowing.

Arthur - 30 points - acquired optional title [Ryken Student] - characters with this title are assumed to be students of an academy in Ryken and have the privileges and restrictions allotted to them.
Acquired Mandatory title [Murderer F] - Character has killed someone in the rp that was neither a monster nor a criminal. They will not earn any other titles this rp and will be subject to all the penalties and hardships befitting a criminal in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back