• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] [Quest] An Obscure Tutor Session

Skyhunter

Bringer of Change
Roleplay Availability
Hello one and all! This is a 1 on 1 rp from Isekai Hell, if you are wondering what the hell that is or am interested, join our discord that is in the first post in the OOC link, hopefully we see you there!

---

The City of Ryken, Market District

1658888851645.png

Renee Nyx

1658889258928.png

Within the city of Ryken, Renee roamed the streets, she was finally able to finish the Ryken Academy exam, she met up with two other mages: Scylla and Iberis. These two future witches would be a way for Renee to slingshot herself into more magical properties, the witch did see parts of herself within the two, especially Iberis. Iberis reminded Renee so much of her younger self, she wanted to actually keep her safe from the corruption of magic and its properties. Renee knew of what it could do, just looking at herself, Renee saw and knew she had changed a lot in such little time- but it was all worth it! It was worth it or will be in the end. She needed to end the cycle of reincarnation, she needed to stop the restarting cycle. Looking up into the sky of the city, being in the market district of Ryken. Renee was here just for a walk; this place was the safest as she didn't want to start killing people as that is how it would end if she moved into the slums. The entrance to the Underbelly was there, but that was unimportant to her, there was no great magics to be learned there, only criminality and needless death.

Making her way through the market district, she could smell freshly made bread on the air, just like home. The wind blew pass her for a few moments, her coat flapping by as she held her hat down to prevent it from flying off. Renee loved the feeling of the wind, she closed her eyes as everything made sense, a moment of peace and respite. This was it, probably one of her only moments of solace she'll gain, she knew farther down the line she would be busy or on the run. Her future plans would be full of insane attempts mixed with her own goals. She already been through quite a bit, she had faced a zombie army with a group of others. Kurikara, a strange person-less armor. Gawain, a faithful companion that was a bit broken after Dahak's escape. Kalina, her vampiric sister that Renee wishes she got to spend more time with, and who was suspicious of Renee... Selani, a frog woman who was quite intelligent. Then... Sophia Smith. Renee's face grimaced. She wanted to do many abhorrent things to that thing. That bug she wanted to murder and kill. Torture. Destroy. Renee's eyes were glowing red hot, but she had to calm down and took a deep breath to dispel her rage away. Not yet... But soon... They knew, they had to know that Renee allowed Dahak to get away, but that mattered not, they had no evidence besides speculations. Renee went on to move around the market to look all sorts of things, she needed to distract herself for a bit before making her way back to the academy.

Last edited:
M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

3b361f923597d9e44cb42612bdbe3a27.jpg

She could hardly believe the nerve of those snotty and lame-lipped academics! She figured they would enjoy her rendition of The passion of Charles Cheese as a means of cultural trade. What did they mean there was no 'place' for her fish based history rap called Spamilton? They wouldn't even entertain the idea of teaching her magic, even when she started to go haywire magically! She tried to apologize for throwing up on one of the teacher's shoes, but at the very least his shoe had a nice florescent palm tree decorating it now! She couldn't help but laugh at that one as she meandered down the steps that led up to the academy. Her wild eyes looking over Ryken; It was her first time here! There was so much to explore and she had only pissed off a few guards on her way. She found it delightful that for every mother or father or disgruntled street sweeper, there were always children there watching her with wonder and smiles. The Bard usually catching youthful wonderment staring at her in her periphery, and would dance in place or pick her nose with her tongue and absolutely delight in their laughter. Kids always saw the world as it should be, and she was more than happen to keep that dream alive. That, and her ska playing Pidgeon 'Piccolo'.

She saw, smelled, and heard a delightful menagerie emanating from the marketplace. It drew her in, and made her want to express her joy of this new city, to the detriment of others. She pulled Kanicula(Her Hurdy Gurdy) off her back and started to play and sing, quite literally, nonsense. She cranked the lever as a strange, otherworldly tune played from her instrument. She strolled through the market with a wild and freeform jig as she invaded the personal space of any poor passer by, managing to involve a few kids into her dance before concerned parents were quick to sequester them away. It was difficult for the gnoll's uneasy magic to be ignored by an experience woman like Renee, and she felt a wave of unbridled madness before ever hearing the noise. The universe had a weird way of answering nebulous requests, and if Renee was looking for distraction, There was nobody better than the creature she could now see warbling and doing the chicken all the while Kanicula floated in place, playing her wild tune.

1659071176979.png

Renee Nyx

1659071311936.png

Renee was conversing with a market owner, talking about the city of Ryken, Renee didn't really care too much about what they looked, so much so she actually didn't even know what they looked like. Throughout their speaking, Renee had a strange feeling come over her, although she did not allow it to change her mood, but this feeling was... Dreadful. No. Not dreadful. Arbitrary. Renee said her farewells and said she had to get going. Upon moving, she felt sharp pain in her back, like many spikes stabbing into her back, she could feel the cold blood. Renee jumped a bit, keeping her cool as her eyes glowed a deep red, her eyes felt hot. She could feel magic nearby, but this feeling was causing Renee to grin a very wide and angry one. She felt like drowning herself in this feeling and allowing herself to become intoxicated in it. But luckily, she had more self-control than before. But Renee wanted to know what this magic was, who this person was and what they were doing here in Ryken. And how they were even allowed here in the first place.

On the mission, Renee followed the feeling, her eye twitched as she felt her emotions begin to surface. As she walked through the marketplace, she heard an odd melody. By odd it was absolutely abhorrent. Although to Renee it was one of potential. It sounded similar to a long dead magick's tune, one of madness. Reminded her of a prophecy she wanted to find out more about and fulfill. Following this sound she saw it, the damn fool creating this foul noise. A gnoll, this thing looked like a hyena, Renee immediately walked on over, with clenched fists and glowing red eyes that showed death in them. As soon as Renee got close, she pushed the instrument down from the hands of the Gnoll and grabbed her by her skimpy shirt, Renee's eyes wide with hostility and rage. " What type of foul magic is that you damn fool? " Renee realized what she was doing when the music stopped and immediately released the Gnoll, clearing her throat, wiping her shirt down of any wrinkles, Renee assumed her first tactics of kindness and seduction. " Hello there, little one. " Renee wore a kind smile on her face, her eyes changing from dark red to silver. " You have a very strange magic there, little Gnoll. What is your name? " Renee asked, she knew she had a nutcase on her hands already.

M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠d̶̡̲̗̼̮̤̤̳̲͖͓͍̓̎̽́̽̏̐͂̆͆͘͘͘ M̶̧͚̪͉̯̜̰͎̘̀͋̇̀͗̍́͆̑̏͂̿̊̚ǎ̴̯̀͠ẃ̸̝̝̰͋͒

The smell of grilled meat brought her aura of nuisance to an unfortunate meat vendor, managing to get a strip of jerky. "This one will take this deal, maybe I can teach you how to trade meat man! a piece of valued jerky, just to leave?" She questioned, looking around with bewilderment, to no one except this unamused merchant. She meandered off and saved him from further suffrage in her journey without destination; Ignorant on the effect of her estranged magic. She continued to play her wild melody while chewing on her jerky. It wasn't until she caught the whiff of something in the wind; She turned to see a woman(or rather), a force of nature approach her. Mad Maw felt surprised as her tune continued on, her smile wobbling yet never ceasing. Renee found that she was quite easy to hoist up, weighing little. The music stopped abruptly as the instrument was forced to hang along her strap; Her hands now raised and...miming pincer. "Someone's crabby!" She wheezed "Fowl magic? That's Poultry really HeehAhhee~" She gibbered, knowing this woman was powerful and though she might be slippery, it'd be futile. It was still clear to Renee, that she was for all intense and purposes, untamed, the gnoll wheezing a laugh through her struggle to breathe before finally being let go.

Mad Mad strangely carried no ill will strangely, not a shred of blood lust was reciprocated from that otherwise 'messy' introduction. She only beamed a brimming smile at Renee's introduction "Salutations! Your hat is very floppy and I like it! You smell scary and it's kinda hot?" She rambled before, catching herself and giving a wobbly bow, giving Renee jazz hands "This one is called Mad Maw! You are curious about this one's magics? You flatter me so for you are one well versed in fantastical ways" She said, flourishing her hands and leaving behind small streaks of inky purple mana. "Though, lately when I try and use it-" She had a sudden seizure of her body as her body flickered like a window into the void itself; an hyena outline amidst a vast see of madness and stars. The blip passed and she came back to corporeality. "It's weird right? I know some would say that I am weird, but that 's like woah" She seemed to be surprised by this anomaly; Looking at her hands for a moment, before stuffing them in her mouth and muffling a laugh. It dawned on those she interacted with long enough, that this was indeed her normal.

1659225814848.png

Renee Nyx

1659225848435.png

Renee stared in disbelief at this strange creature, " Yes. My hat is floppy. " Renee had a smile grow across her face, she honestly was somewhat amused by this strange Gnoll. " Mad Maw, huh? " Renee repeated, it was a very strange name for sure, but it seemed to fit this creature. It explained her rather random and crazy personality, maybe it could be exploited in her favor. The strange creature known as Mad Maw tried to represent her magic to Renee but instead Mad Maw ended up doing this strange... Thing in which she blipped out of reality and turned into some void thing. Renee stared at the Gnoll with wide eyes. Highly impressed and very very intrigued. Renee knelt down and got really close to Mad Maw's face, placing her hands on Mad Maw's, uh, maw and stared into her eyes, Renee's eyes turning a dark red, what Mad Maw would see was a woman willing to do anything, she had a deathly look upon her. " How did you do that? " Renee asked, her voice quiet and stern with a hint of insanity, knowing she wouldn't get an answer. Renee released the Gnoll, " Alright, Mad Maw, I will see and try to teach you how to use magic. " Renee was intensely curious about what had happened just in that moment.

Renee stood up straight and had a smile on her face, " I know much about magic but that I do not know much about. " Renee explained, placing a hand out towards Mad Maw, " But come with me. Together we can learn more about this while I teach you have to try and control it. Together. We can do it. " Renee looked at the Gnoll, what was this weird creature? Who was she? Was that weird moment what made this creature such a random and weird specimen? It could explain a lot, but Renee had a feeling it went deeper than just that. " I know of a place where we won't be disturbed. If you are curious, follow me. Or don't, these people may try to hang you if you continue to be you. But me? I don't mind it, Mad Maw. " Renee smiled [Deception D], she doubted these people would do that, they would probably call the guards on Mad Maw rather than kill herself themselves, Ryken had a great hold of the law, unless you count the Underbelly. " Or they may call the guards and they'll throw you in jail where you won't be getting out for a long time for disturbing the peace or something stupid like that. " Renee explained, walking back towards the Academy.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

There were an infinite wealth of possibilities where every choice split the world in two, and every choice after that did the same until a tree of galaxies spread throughout ethos. Her mind had done this the moment she played that abhorrent sheet of music; All sane thought became fertilizer for a thriving tree of hungering madness. It was this very depiction that flickered across her form when she tried to use her magic. She seemed unaffected by the strange event, distracted by her instrument before Renee forced her to focus; grabbing her muzzle and meeting her gaze. Mad Maw's own eyes a lively auburn that burned freely, her will of mania. She loved the terror Renee's eyes sent up her spine, and knew from such a look that this was one whom could teach her much! "Do thwhat?" She asked, mouth squished by fervent hands. She could see the desire and madness in Renee's eyes, though it was different than her own. She couldn't quite put her finger on it

Mad Maw laughed when she was released and rubbed her face, it was the first time anyone had touched her! She couldn't have been more thrilled as she nodded enthusiastically. "
Really? that's great! I know I have it pffft, but it just won't...work right?" She cheered, pumping up both hands as Renee agreed to help train her. "My magic came from a music sheet! When those discordant notes were played. It was where I became me!" She said erratically, taking her hand gladly "That's a really good sales pitch! you should sell matrasses, or time shares!" She said, giving Renee's hand a giddy squeeze. Renee could see the gears working in her head as Renee used her words very effectively. Her auburn eyes shifting through the crowds as her paranoia helped Renee's trickery. She had been ridiculed since the moment she arrived here, and she couldn't argue with the truth. It's not like she cared, but she was also allergic to jail time and ropes so left her with only one choice.
"Well then lead the way miss floppy hat!" she said waggling their clasped hands and cracking up.

The Chicken's Head
1659496568060.png

Inside The Chicken's Head

1659495953525.png
The Chicken's Head, a small pub closer to the slums of Ryken, it's not the worst pub but not the best either. It was known for having some small gangs there but overall, nothing usually happened here as there was good security to ensure there weren't any fights, but it could get crazy with the drinks, the food, the parties, and the fun. Although that was usually late at night, afternoon to evenings it was more calm and quiet, a good place to go and relax, while at the same time to get away from everyone and everything.

Renee Nyx

1659496075574.png

Renee dragged along the small annoying and dumb Gnoll, well that last part wasn't true, Renee didn't think Mad Maw was stupid. The witch thought she was just, uh, mad and need guidance that she for sure COULD NOT help with. But she was willing to try, maybe guide her on the right path but Renee wasn't much for being a saint. She just wanted some information from this Mad Maw who just WOULDN'T SHUT UP! But Renee could handle it, hopefully or she felt like she would try electric therapy on this Gnoll to get her to shut her trap! But honestly, Renee couldn't help but like this hyena creature, she rubbed off on Renee in a good way, maybe that was just the foreign magic that Mad Maw had acquired that Renee wanted, or maybe the damn Gnoll was starting to bring Renee to her own madness... Or maybe it was Renee's magic potential that was causing Renee to get a bit more unhinged, she has been noticing this for a bit now. Since that village with the zombies or even a little bit before that, when she began to learn magic, she felt like she was growing more and more cold.

But that didn't matter now, she was growing closer to her goals, and the thinking did help Renee distract herself as Mad Maw was rambling nonsense. Finally getting back to reality, she could hear the Gnoll rambling on. Renee sighed as they reached the Chicken's Head, " Would you just shut it for a few minutes you cawing hyena before I burn your tongue so much you won't be able to speak! But at least you don't laugh like one... " Renee snapped a bit, her mean streak showing. She then patted Mad Maw on her head, " Now come with me in here, little hyena, here we can drink, eat, talk and study. " Renee stated, " I found this place a day or two ago? I don't remember but I got pretty hammer and sloppy. I am pretty sure I made a man's balls explode because they were hitting on me. Well, they were getting aggressive, Maw. So, keep close to me, alright? " Renee even placed a gentle and soft hand on The Maw's cheek, pulling her gently against her body, almost like you would with a dear friend. " The people here are icky and would love to get in with you, if you catch my drift. You are a cute sight... Until they hear you start talking. " Renee gave a giggle patting Maw on her cheek. " Now come, it's getting a bit chilly now. "

Leading the way up the stairs there would be a couple of patrons drinking on the side of the stairs, paying the two newcomers no mind, they were talking and minding their own business. Entering the tavern, there would be people hanging around here and there, drinking and talking. It was a bit rowdy but nothing crazy was happening, just happy patrons being happy patrons. Renee walked to the bar with Mad Maw where they were met with an older bartender, " Oi, you're that lass who neutered poor Nedley. " Renee smiled sweetly, " I was, but maybe he shouldn't have been hitting on me then try to touch me like he owed me. " Renee's tone was kind but had a hint of malice on it. The bartender held his hands up, " I wasn't disagreeing with ye actions, man's deserved it. Just make sure not to cause trouble here tonight. My barkeep wasn't exactly happy having to clean Nedly's fried eggs off the floor, Nedly won't be the same anymore. Barkeep also wanted me to make sure you don't come back. But I don't get paid enough and Nedly had it coming. So what can I get you? We have all sorts of food. And if you are, we have a few tables upstairs that are more alone as I'm sure you don't want that happening again. " The bartender explained.

Renee nodded, glad they reached an understanding, her head turned to the strange Hyena, " Mad Maw, what do you want to eat or drink. Don't drink too much as we need to keep you focused. Although for me. I'm going to need a large drink... " The witch sighed, " Any Sugar Spice? " She asked, the bartender shook his head, " Not since Kananto disappeared off the map, unfortunately. " Renee got a bit uncomfortable with that subject, she knew she was the cause of that town disappearing, " Oh... Well that is unfortunate. um, I'll just have a regular pint of rum. " Renee smiled, " And a plate of rib-eye steak with goose eggs. " The bartender began writing it down. " MM hmm. Okay. And for you, little Gnoll? " The bartender asked. Renee was bracing herself for the weirdness to come.

"-And then I said It tastes like somebody stole my wallet. Ya know?" she said, a punchline that at the very least sent her into a giggling fit. That wasn't a high bar for her as only a few moments ago she pointed at someone's toddlers and did much the same to the detriment of the single mother. Renee had been deceitful in her warning of what the guard may do, but she certainly could tell that her behavior would get her in trouble sooner rather than later. A strange stroke of luck being the iron handed teacher unexpectedly acting as her charge, though mother wasn't far off at this rate. She wrinkled her nose and cocked an eyebrow when Renee threatened to scald her tongue. She'd have to remember that one "Whatever you say Lady Pumpernickel" She said in an overly formal tone, miming zipping her lips shut. Renee was right, she shouldn't overwork her mouth, she needed to practice her pantomime.

Mad Maw flossed and gasped at the same time as she saw how adorable this building was. She held up vague and unassuming hand signs trying to indicate some form of joy. Mad Maw listening to Renee as she silently but animatedly introduced herself to everyone they passed. A laugh nearly escaping from her muzzle hearing Renee's story, and breaking the 'few minutes' ruling her master had indicated, she couldn't afford to lose someone as fun as Renee so quickly. She instead physically covered her mouth and nodded, slowly deflating the laughter into her chest as they sat down at the bar. She then returned to dancing with her arms in place as Renee and the bartender talked.

"
Oh goodie! A few minutes is up!" She said triumphally "See? this one can follow orders when this one is inclined. If everyone was as funny and or scary as you are! I'd listen alot more. I mean who wants to listen to guards when you're busy making breakfast in someone's house? Turns out a lightning rod isnt the same as a microwave. Who knew?" She baffled, slapping the edge of the bar and laughing; unaware of the potential implications of revealing such information and knowledge. "!llew uoy steerg eno sihT" Her gibberish almost came off as a spell before she shook her head "Tongue saw it's reflection, This one would like the baconed eggs and juices of orange please! Oh Oh! Can you lick your elbow? Can I? If I can't it's because Ryken Academy refused me, I mean it was a good play idea. A bathroom audition is tradition"

Renee had her hands for and them some with this one.

The Chicken's Head

1659851884563.png

1659851905751.png

Renee Nyx

1659854190296.png

Already Renee was annoyed, amused by the talking of Mad Maw, the bartender looked rather unamused, like this wasn't his first go around but he saw the look on Renee's face, " I assume you want that drink now, madam? " Renee nodded slowly with a grim look on her face. " Please. If you could. " Renee insisted rubbing the side of her temple like she was getting a headache, although she stopped when Mad Maw mentioned a microwave, Renee's head snapped at the small Gnoll as her eyes were glowing red. She wasn't alone it seemed. She had suspected a few people were a from other worlds, it was a secret she kept to herself. As Renee's drink was served to her, Renee placed a few Rykes down for the bartender, taking her drink, all the while Renee's eyes were fixated on the babbling Gnoll. She was smarter than she actually let on, Renee knew. Yet she couldn't help but underestimate this strange creature. " Okay, Maw. Come with me. " Renee ended up drinking her entire drink in a single drink, slamming the tankard down with a shake of her head and her face contorted in a almost sour look. She exhaled and was immediately poured another. " We'll be upstairs, honey, thank you. " Renee smiled at the bartender, despite her eyes being red, the bartender had noticed it and nodded slowly.

Renee took her tankard and looked at the Gnoll, " Now come with me, little one, I got some shtuff to show you. " Renee was already slurring her words as she patted the Gnoll, " You little mangy dog thing. " Renee laughed at her own joke as she made her way upstairs, finding a table in the corner that was empty, well it was empty up here already, although the corner was dark and there was a couple of candles that weren't lit. Renee made her way over to the table and sat down, using her Fire Affinity, she pointed out her index finger where a small flame appeared, and lit both wicks as she set down her drink. When she placed her drink down, she took off her little side bag she had on and placed in on the seat next to her where she pulled out a very strange looking book that made the flames on the wick quiver for a moment. When Mad Maw joined her, Renee placed the book down. " Here. Mad Maw, this here is a very ancient and powerful book of necrotic descent. We will see if we could potentially open up your mana. I got this after defeating an old necromancer with a group of others. " Renee smiled, she spoke proudly, the book was old, older than it had any right being. It looked so flimsy and broken yet as Renee placed it down, it sounded heavy. The cover was tarnished, there on the center of the book was an eight directional compass, the front having a skull with worn eye sockets that had some pigment of green within them. There was ancient writing on the front below that Mad Maw wouldn't be able to understand. " That says Codexius Choaxirs or Codex of Death. " Renee explained. " It's a necromancer's book. I haven't been able to decipher it but maybe you could help, and, in the process, I and that can help you as well. " Renee suggested as she took a drink. Opening it up, the pages would be black with white writings in a language, although weirdly enough Mad Maw would be able to recognize a few phrases. There were weird symbols written on the pages as well, each different than the last.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

She bounced her head to the beat of the drummer monkey playing in her brain, grinning at the bartender all the while. "How many bars an hour you think? Wash them with water? oil? spit? I can do a trick with spit, wanna see?" She didn't wait for an answer as a loogie Yo-Yo'd toward the bar surface before rolling back into her mouth with a snap of her teeth. She clapped for herself and once again tried to use her magic out of sudden impulsiveness. That same nebulous form appeared with thousands of stars, only this time, the stars yawned to reveal pupils. A repulsive sentinel collective of disembodied eyes glowing sinister auburn. She tipped back in her stool and the moment once again passed. "That was weird huh? well thanks bister" She chattered, the hyena falling back and springboaring back on her feet, looking proud as she trounced behind Renee like her discordant jester.
bed34d45c42e12fb676af55fccece053.jpg

"Close hahaha! This one is a gnoll, not a dog! The Wormhollow Tribe you see, but they are quite nasty, dying skin into jerky" She said with a disgusted shake of her head. She didn't mind telling Renee such details, it was rare to see a gnoll beyond mountain ridges, or their tribes let alone being in cities and openly talking to other races. She fiddled with her hurdy gurdy as she sat down in their edgy rogue's corner and hummed the tune she had played earlier, half expecting this woman to sell her on some snake oil deal. The idea of being a caged cretin dancing for a malicious ringleader did sound fun, but she wasn't entirely confident in her magic and that simply wouldn't do. Her spiraled ears perking as renee told of something far more interesting than miserable circuses. Renee could recognize the hunger for magic, and all things forbidden. "
Now you have this one's interest, Opening up this one's mana? Some curmudgeon oldy fogey, interesting yes" She said, eying the depictions on the cover "Codex of Death?" She questioned, cracking open the book itself and tracing her fingers across the first page, the usual jittery pupils stagnant and focused now "That does sound very entertaining, though this one knows you want from something" she said with a teasing grin, though she continued to read the book.

" -Mask of blood and sin--Cast your foolish sinners into my skald song--" She turns her head curiously as she gets impatient and flips through a few pages, catching something interesting and stopping with wide grin "-Blind your eyes to the moonlight and open them on darker gulfs--Kulkriiech ahn moriuak-" her words suddenly echoing as a field emitted from the book and caused Mad Maw to cackle delightfully. She didn't know what she did, but the fact that she could read a tome such as this made her excited. "Yes, yes! Do what thou wilt ol musty grimoire!" She chanted, clapping her hands erratically.

The Chicken's Head

1660180636948.png

Renee Nyx

1660263908738.png

Renee took a drink as the Gnoll continued to speak; she was going to need this with the way this was going and how Mad Maw spoke. Renee chugged down more of the rum and placed the tankard on the table, " Yes yes, very nice. " Renee said quickly just to get Mad Maw to stop talking, the witch took off her hat and placed it on the chair next to her, away from Mad Maw, she'd rather not burn the Gnoll alive at the moment. The hat was very important to Renee, it showed that Renee was capable of doing anything, this hat was a symbol of her freedom, she was able to kill her previous master to end her servitude. Renee smiled looking at the hat, despite it being a hat with bloody history, it was her hat. Her eyes looked to Gnoll as she spoke a strange language, maybe? Unless it was just Mad Maw speaking weirdly again. Although Renee noticed a strange thing about the world, and it shifted.

A Realm within the Codex of Death

1660180754097.png

Renee and Mad Maw would find themselves in another realm, although while they were in this strange eldritch realm, they were still in the tavern, in their visions, they could see the tavern still. It was almost like a weird double vision; they could walk around in this new realm while not moving in the tavern. Renee's eyes were glowing red as she stared all around them, " Whoa... What did you do, Mad Maw? " Renee asked with a smile on her face looking all around them, she looked at her own hands, " We are still in the tavern yet in this different realm. " Renee was trying to think as to how this was a thing, placing a hand on her chin looking at these weird formations around them. " Maybe this is due to the necromancer magics? They could have pulled a part of our souls... Hmm... I am not sure. " Renee brainstormed with herself, " But this realm is something we need to explore. " Renee looked at the Gnoll with a smile, " Come on then. " Renee began moving through this weird realm, the formations swayed back and forth like they were trees flowing in the wind, despite there being no wind.

While they moved through this realm, they would see fog close to the ground and see weird pools of water around them. Renee wondered if this place was how the Lifelend was created. Could have been here where the forbidden knowledge was pooled in and how Dahak was able to know how to use souls to create an infinite necrotic amulet. " What do you think, so far Mad Maw? " Renee asked, looking up into the sky there would be a weird large portal with giant tentacles coming out that swayed through the sky, this was a realm of death, they were not here fully. The two would now see strange ethereal spirits pass by that did not notice the two.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

It was the first time that the infinite sheolvoculous was opened to her; the living darkness behind the screen, fueling her hunger for eldritch understanding. Her rattles of laughter echoing across an alien and gloomy landscape that blended with the warm tavern she had been sitting in. Mad Maw snapped her head left, looking at one of the patrons in the tavern with a devious grin before snapping right and looking up toward a massive stalk of perforated chaos. "Oh miss Renee, you've taught this one more than that foolish academy ever could! The words shift to fit these manic eyes" She said "Necromancy can be as nebulous as it's portent creators! No on set of rules are universal" She had seen so very much when her past self played that forbidden sheet of music, and she yearned to see them once more. "Frivelous mortal affairs pale in comparison" She spoke whimsically, rare in such methodical statements.

"
Our souls you think yes? that would explain our situation, splitting me apart on our first date? Saucy" She said, slapping her knee. The side exploring with Renee starting trounce around one of the stalks and venture about sporadically all the while she simply danced in place at the tavern, humming some aimless tune while reading from the tome. She certainly had the capacity for multitasking and only made her more of a curious case. She eventually meandered next to Renee again, listening to her despite being distracted. "This one thinks that the impatient pestering of words brought us to this point, think of what this uhh...dahakka? is all about! There has to be a reason it'd transport us here yes? yes??" Her interest had been piqued and she managed to focus herself enough to try and actually help Renee solve this. "This one believes we will both benefit; this one needs to understand....this power" She said with a strangely serious inflection at the end, squeezing her fist. If she was going to be herself without fear, she needed the power to back that up.

Her tavern self continued to read further into the book to see if there were more incantations that were needed to strengthen this vision somehow. Her nose quite literally dug into each page as her eyes flicked from word to work widly. Her fingertips steeple as she mimicked a depicted gesture, reciting further text.
"-
Deathless bore fruit--Certainty confined in blood---Ut sufra, Ut Infra--As above, So below"

A Realm within the Codex of Death

1660447692426.png

Renee Nyx

1660447800237.png

As the two continued to explore around, Renee listened to Mad Maw speak, her words made the witch smile a bit, she was weird and probably smarter than she wanted to appear, her ramblings did get them here. So, she was already more useful than most, which Renee highly respected. The witch patted Mad Maw's head, " You've done well, Mad Maw. I am glad to have picked you up before someone else got their hands on you. " But then when Mad Maw spoke the word Dahakka, there was an evil laugh in the air before a vision formed before the two like the wind passed by them. There was a golden mask man before them with purple eyes glowing while wearing the robes of a necromancer. The man before them made Renee's eyes widen, " By the Gods, Dahak. " She whispered. The man before them stared at both of them, " Ah. Two females. Wonderful. " The man chuckled a bit evilly. " Well, it's good to see you, Renee. I have to say thank you for saving me. It cost you the friendships of those you know. At least for one, your sister, right? The others don't know yet it seems. " Dahak explained, Renee didn't like that as she curled her lip up while she brought out her journal from her bag. " Don't speak of Kalina. You know nothing. " Renee glared.

1660458361363.png

Dahak laughed, " Please. Don't be so foolish. You know you can't hurt me just like I can't hurt you. Besides, I am very appreciative of your deception towards your friends, otherwise I wouldn't be alive right now. Anyways, this is just a vision. The words Dahak was spoke and I appeared, here in the Codex of Death you stole from me. Well, I think you're after the Lifelend? Right? Since that Sophia destroyed the one, I've created. " Dahak continued speaking, Renee growled at the mention of Sophia, " Don't utter that name. " Renee glared, " She will get what is coming for her. " Renee's eyes glowed a deep hateful red. " Yes yes, I bet. " Dahak sighed, " Anyways, I'm more interested in your little friend here. They emit a strange mana flow that seems incomplete. Madness emits off of her. She is highly intelligent yet emits chaotic energy. " Dahak analyzed Mad Maw moving towards Mad Maw having his hands behind his back, looking down at her. " Give me your name. Your actual name. And speak coherently, Gnoll. Your people are a complicated one. " Dahak stopped in front of the Gnoll.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

"Wouldn't that be scary? some sweet as pie magic teacher? Please, you are much more fun! This one might actually want to drink this beer" She said excitedly, she tucked some of the flora into the string of her kanicula as a momento, plus it'd be a good test to see if anything here could carry over to the material realm. Magic was tricky and she could find the loopholes in anything if she was tenacious enough. She was amazed by the scenery, but forgot the unspoken rule about ancient tomes; speaking out names was a no no. Her eclectic journey being halted by the former owner of the tome she had the delight of reading. A deep etched fear crossed her face so deeply as she stared at what was once again, that fresh hell of unknown power beyond flesh and bone. Only those who had seen the void and survived could understand the true terror it presented, a nothingness that could hunger so fiercely, entire realities suffered.
mqdefault.jpg

Fear turned to adoration as she was absolutely delighted to meet such a powerful being and not be torn asunder. Her gaunt expression returning to a surprisingly well kept muzzle; her eyes of wild auburn burning with interest at the being known as Dahak. She was respectful enough to get his name right this time, he was nice enough to show up despite her butchery of his person. He would have felt an intense fear suddenly switch to unrequited adoration and could be seen as a very shocking switch in emotion, a mania all her own. She listened to the great being, but being the irreverent hyena-folk she was, she also decided to dance around him and fawn over his glowy bits, fanning her hand on his chest and giggling sheepishly. Was that...flirting?

"
You compliment me sir! I will hold it together, coherently as you say. I can see history between the two of you, it isn't my place to be nosy but I think she's a big softie" She said, mouthing out the word 'coherent' as if it were alien to her, but being surprisingly subserviently to sheer power. She had a sense she had some leeway with Renee since it amused her, but she didn't want to offend Dahak...if she could help it. "Maybe a little chaos? as a treat? I only jest, as this one is prone to do! Madeline Mawson is the birth given name of this vessel! I suspect my strange mana is very telling of my circumstances here yes? I figured it was foolish to use words this era might not actually know." She figured her trickery would get her nowhere and knew when honest was the best policy, this was a quest to get stronger and for all she knew, Dahak could be willing to help. "This one already knows your name and is just enthralled with your book!" She said, snapping back to the tavern for a moment before snapping back and perking her ears as she took initiative "If this one may be so bold, what is this place? can you help this one learn more from your tome? They must be connected somehow! I have gotten us this far yes? Yes? perhaps with a little push...I can fix that...incomplete issue of this one's" It was obvious she was working very hold it together and not make a mockery of the situation in a very verbose manner, her fingers twitching wildly as she simply focused on Dahak and kept her composure.

A Realm within The Codex of Death

1660602854505.png

Renee Nyx

1660602890279.png

While Renee wanted information from Dahak, she loathed the necromancer, she just wanted the hidden or forbidden knowledge he had in order to achieve her own goals. Although while she was watching this Necromancer pull the moves on the Mad Maw, he was able to actually get Mad Maw to make sense, even sit still and reveal her real name. " Madeline Mawson. " Dahak repeated as he now knelt down to look at Mad Maw at her level, " A very beautiful name for such a future deadly beast. " Dahak continued with his flirting as he gave an innocent chuckle, his hand came up slowly and gently caressed her chin, she would feel a touch like a gentle wind. " Perhaps more tutoring is involved later on. " Dahak then brought his hand up to the top of her head and petted her with the same touch a lover would give to their significant other. Dahak then stood up and looked at both, Renee looking a bit disgusted to say the least. Maybe Dahak, in his eternal conquest for women, never been with a Gnoll before. Who knew, Renee still found the necromancer to be a slob.

1660608031662.png
Dahak looked all around them, in the current realm they were stuck in, " The book is quite impressive. But I did not create this. I actually stole this from my former master who held me as a slave long ago. " Dahak stared up above himself to the strange portal with the large tendrils flowing around. " As for your question, this place we are in is the realm of death. This place is not easy to reach. This is only one part of this massive dimension we are in. " Dahak looked at the Gnoll and witch, " Which is why you are not fully here. You're more here spiritually, but something tells me you, Madeline, are something made from magic as a whole. You are something more than what you actually appear. " Dahak stared at the small hyena humanoid. " This place is a real place. There are small pockets that can envelope a person into these said pockets that are placed in certain objects that can hold vast amounts of knowledge. A usual common one is a book or tome, which you have possession of. " Dahak explained.

" Being half here or what is called, half-bodied, will allow you roam freely for a certain amount of time unharmed. Otherwise, being here too long in the state you are in could result in dangerous results. But whatever you are looking for depends on what you want. " Dahak finished, his eyes looked from Renee back to Madeline. " So, cute little Madeline, what are you exactly looking for? "

Skyhunter Skyhunter

She had never been the one to have men and women hanging off her arm, even in her past, she'd never found interest. It was to her surprise that this mysterious mage was flirting with her! She found herself unexpectedly smitten by one whom was so intelligent and knew what he wanted; most women would be appaled by being called a beast, but she wasn't most women. She was absolutely delighted that he could see such potential. She nuzzled into his gentle caress and wagged her tail "This one has been looking to learn, especially from one cut from beauty itself" she couldn't help but giggle sheepishly as he pet her; her calico fur softer than expected

She listened to him intently with ears perked as she was like a sponge, wringing her hands trying to hold herself together. She was fascinated by where they were and couldn't believe it was really a realm of the dead! She really had a hand in arriving somewhere otherwise impassable. She couldn't help but break out in a grin, letting her best behavior slip just a scoche. Dimensions like this one existing in all sorts of pockets, she wondered if one of those was the one that freed her. She looked up at him with mystified auburn eyes as he told her of her greater worth.
"Staying here too long will give you more than stomach pains, roger roger"

Mad Maw could hardly believe he wanted to know what she desired; She hardly knew herself. There were more than a few minutes after he asked her of this where she thought very hard about her answer.

"What I want is to do more than survive; This one wants to thrive. I need to understand and harness my powers if this one is ever be The Fool Shes always dreamed of! Why shouldn't this one surpass her limits and reach this potential your dreamy eyes see~"

The Codex of Death

1660702061871.png

Renee Nyx

1660702086339.png

Dahak chuckled at the small Gnoll, " It won't be stomach pains, it'll be souls of the dead coming to tear you asunder at any shred of living essence they can find. " Dahak explained, " Of course my little adorable Gnoll will get to know where her... Limitations are at- " Dahak was suddenly cut off by Renee, " Okay, would you both stop it with this annoying and cringey talk? " Renee asked having a disgusted look on her face, " Meet and have your... Own tutor sessions later, right now we need to find a way to open her magic potential. " Renee sounded annoyed and disgusted by the two. Dahak huffed and turned around to face the valley of strange mushrooms ahead, " For that to happen, you two will have to travel through the Quixnet Avontu. " Dahak spoke, looking at the two, " Or that valley of mushrooms- " " Finality's Caress. " Renee interrupted again, " I don't know the actual language's name but I remember my master has used that phrase before. It stands for Finality's Caress. " Renee explained, Dahak chuckled, " Your master knew dark dealings it seems. Very impressive, Nyx. It seems you have some high potential. " Dahak nodded, in which Renee smirked cockily. " Just continue your way through the mushrooms until you reach a strange altar. Be careful as there are strange skeletal abominations hiding along the way. I would come back prepared. " The vision of Dahak faded away and the two would find themselves back at the tavern table, just as the bartender was bringing their food, Renee quickly closed the book and pulled the book over into her bag to hide it as the bartender laid their food out, " Have a good dinner, ladies. " They then walked away. Renee was smiling gleefully; she was getting closer to answers.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

Mad Maw enjoyed the company if this strange and dangerous man; when it came to red flags she was record holder so it was rare for someone to actually flirt with her. She certainly wasn't one to complain. "This one is certain souls of the damned would get heartburn from my soul" She said with a giggle, quirking an eyebrow when Renee spoke up and cut their flirting out, she tried to protest but alotted to pout instead. Her ear perking at the mention of Quixnet Avontu. If that was where she would grow in her power, then she was more than willing. "OooOOooo an Alter? That sounds like fun! Is it BYOS? Bring Your Own Sacrifice?" The stability she maintained for the entirety of the conversation started to crumble as she couldn't help but cackle at her own joke.

She openly booed when the vision faded, throwing up a thumbs down. Her frustration turning to joy as food was placed onto the table, and she grinned widely. "
Drinky and food lady! OH! Could this one get one of those??" She asked, pointing at Renee's tankard "This one is having a good night!" She looked over toward renee with a toothy grin "Thanks should go to you yes? That is what friends are!" She said, ignoring personal space and flopping her head into Renee's lap as she dumped her plate down her open muzzle, being obnoxious knowing Renee seemed to enjoy the company regardless. She swallowed and licked her chops before pondering a question to Renee. "So then we must go to this altar yes? This one is curious of it's nature and what connects it...to mine" Mad Maw pondering with a serious air about her for a moment before rolling her head back in forth and enjoying the softness of her teacher's robes. Gnolls having the instincts of both cats and dogs in certain aspects. A certain level of loyal being tethered to Renee in some ephemeral way. her leg reaching up and hitting one of the buttons on her Hurdy Gurdy and playing a backing track as she enjoyed these moments selfishly, drinking them in manically, starting to dance in place as she almost seemed more relaxed?

The Chicken's Head

1660874475650.png

Renee Nyx

1660874493276.png

Renee's inner thoughts were screaming, in her head she was grabbing Mad Maw by her throat and strangling her as electricity was causing Mad Maw to convulse and her eyes to pop. Although in reality, Renee was sitting there with a stoic expression on her face allowing Madeline to lay her head on her lap, most likely getting hyena hair on her sweet, nice, stylish, exquisite, hot, beautiful, amazing, S plus tier red leather jacket, along with the same material hat. As the bartender came to give the two ladies their food, upon Mad Maw asking for some rum as well, he looked at Renee who was already drinking hers and shrugged, downing all of it and handing her tankard back. The bartender nodded slowly and walked away to return with two tankards of rum for the two. Renee sighed, she did like Madeline Mawson for the most part, but she was very mysterious and odd character. That caused speculation of what her real motives were. Renee's eyes widen as Madeline took her entire plate and scarfed it down her maw. Renee probably would have choked her if Madeline spilled or dripped any food on her sweet, nice, stylish, exquisite, hot, beautiful, amazing, S plus tier red leather jacket.

Renee would take a large drink of her rum before setting it down and eating her plate, Renee gently patting Madeline on her neck, giving her a gentle scratching like dogs usually liked. " Yes, we will go to the altar, but we should go to a safer environment. I know of a place, but you have to shut your maw for a while, or I could get kicked out. " Renee was going to take Madeline to the Academy and to her dorm room, where it would be safer for the two to do this. Although Madeline would have to sneak into Renee's room. " We will go back to the academy after this. " Renee told the Gnoll calmly, she didn't really eat much and pushed her plate away, she had to keep her figure in shape. " You ready to go, weirdo? " Renee smiled a bit as she patted the Gnoll on her forehead.

It was always a thin balance she walked between aloof and obnoxious, though most believed there wasn't a balance at all. She had only been her for half a year give or take a few episodes she couldn't remember. Renee saw that she could focus up when it was needed, but it was still tricky to tell what was a front and what was gnoll. She blurred the line without trying most of the time. Her leg kicking as she was scratched, and rolled her head back and forth in enjoyment. The piercings in her ears jingling the same time as she kicked her right leg and flopped her head to the left, causing something strange to happen. Renee feeling a sporadic, wild attempt at some form of psychic attack though it was aimless and without strength. It wasn't difficult to tell where the source had come from, but from her reaction(or rather, lack thereof), it didn't seem like she was even aware it happened. Renee's own experience into magic taking notice of the minor, but reactionary reagents that just took place. It was incredibly futile with catalyst on the table, but it was tangible magic.

"
This one can be quiet. You are quite charming and it'd be worth the willy while to keep learning from you, and this one can only imagine you feel the same!" She said, sitting up and stretching out her limbs as the bartender returned with their drinks. She took her mug with interest as this was the first time she had consumed alcohol here; wasting no time as she dunked it back and drank it with ease. She smacked her lips before a chill rolled down her spine "That is quite good! Much better than the trash martini I tried to make with wormy shrimp and three week old cat " She said, waving her hand dismissively and beamed as Renee patted her on the forehead. The gangly creature getting out of the booth with a flourish and scooping up her Hurdy Gurdy and slinging it around her shoulder. She followed Renee with a jovial air, feeling tipsy and to Renee's surprise. She was mostly quiet during their trek back to the academy.

She was more wobbly, but managed just fine as she was more graceful on her feet than she typically led on, really only listening to Renee on their trip, and glazing over everyone else as. "
Renee is wise beyond her-hic- years-" She sang at a near whisper, venting her built up 'mania' every once in awhile with some sort of verse of outlandish limerick "And puts to shame, all other-hic- rears" She bubbled before wheezing an airless laugh before warbling back in place behind Renee and went back to keeping quiet as she was distracted with a quieted staring contest with a baby in the distance.

Ryken Academy

1661138837562.png

Renee Nyx

1661142986845.png

As the two walked on through Ryken, Renee let the weirdness of Madeline Mawson seep out, not like she could do much to stop her right now, she'd rather allow her to get it out of her system right now before they had to sneak into the Ryken academy. But surprisingly, to Renee's surprise, the mad annoying Gnoll was not that talkative, which had Renee a bit suspicious of the Gnoll, her eyes narrowed at the silence. Even as they moved through the streets of the capital, the silence was a bit unnerving to the witch. Perhaps it was just the rum she had drank, maybe it shut the Gnoll up for a time. This would be noted in Renee's mind, it would be useful later hopefully.

Until finally she spoke, and it somewhat calmed Renee, it was a bit out of nature, meeting this weird Gnoll, for her to keep quiet for so long. Only just down the street from the Academy, a couple of figures came out of the shadows of an alleyway wearing hoods, they were walking up towards the two, the witch and Gnoll. Renee stopped in her tracks as the mad Gnoll kept speaking of how Renee was wiser than most and how her rear was better than others. Which Renee appreciated the compliment, but it was still not the time for that. " Quiet you. " Renee growled quietly, " We have company. " Renee's hand moved into her small bag and around her Old Master's Journal, a product of her magic that Renee used as a focus. It also held information on what her previous master knew, while she was free from her shackles of servitude, Renee still used her writings as teachings. Wherever Renee could learn from, she would take.

The hooded figures continued their way towards Renee and Madeline. Stopping about twenty feet from the two, the two hooded figures looked at one another then back at the two. Renee's journal began to have a shadow seep out of her bag that encroached around Renee, Mad Maw would see this strange black blanket that formed around the witch with large glowing red eyes towards the top as it towered over both of them. Its head turned to look at Mad Maw then forward at the hooded figure, Renee's eyes were full of fury as the two figures took a step forward. " Give us the Codex. " One whispered in a raspy voice as the two then pulled out strange wicked looking daggers that seeped a black substance. Renee looked at Madeline, " Actually. I want to see what you can do. " Renee smirked looking at the two hooded figures. They were approaching silently and slowly.

1661143731817.png1661143792454.png

Skyhunter Skyhunter

She couldn't quite explain how she felt, it was like she was back in space. That freezing cold bristling her fur and causing her haunches to ache; so why did she feel so eerily calm here? It was like her body was on auto-pilot as she warbled and bobbed behind Renee with a slack jawed expression. She had a clarity otherwise lost to her, and knew Renee was perturbed by this calm from the side glances she had received during their trip. She supposed it was strange for her, they had passed by several cats, and none were eaten! Was this what drunk was like? She thought about everything that Renee had told her and through the harsh words, she dissected the lessons behind them. It felt so easy now. Relying on the catalyst as if it's my bloody life preserver, when I should be casting making like the gnoll I am. what a foolish creature I am not to realize it. If only I'd found Renee sooner. I enjoy...being my old self again. It was a sobering enough thought that caused her to physically shake her head, tuning back into reality in time to hear Renee telling her to shut up. That was par for the course at the very least, Renee keeping her grounded before she had an existential crisis.

Wait, did she say company?

"Perhaps they are merely dagger salesmen and refers to rykes as The Codex?....no takers?" She sighed, knowing full well they were after Dahak's work specifically, whether they knew the necromancer or not. She wondered if it was the only one he made, but realized quickly by Renee's expectant words that this was a problem she'd have to solve. The smartest thing to do would to be either run or call the guards, but that was boring and if she were to ever grow and even remotely catch up to Renee, then she'd need to bare her teeth. Her introspective panic had sobered her up enough where she accepted this challenge by hitting the gritty as she stretched her limbs. Mad Maw was back in full, unfortunately.

"Very well mistress of mayhem! I do so enjoy such dangerous little games" She said pointedly, her eyes mocking the two as she put her thumb to her nose and wiggled her fingers, turning around and giving a resounding spank before cackling proudly. Who would ever want to be what they were before when this was so much better! She removed Kanicula off her back and tuned it for a moment before that subconscious thought in her tipsy brain "Pattern Magic you say? What a revelation! Truly the work of my grand mistress of teaching teachery" Her cackles almost weaponized as she laughed directly in the direction of the cultists, removing from her various pouches, a self made riddle book. She cracked her neck and opened her book at the same time and a manifestation of her aura started to produce. The pattern magic was working. Her aura reeking of madness as she finished the bizarre incantation.

"Many-manned scud-thumper, Maker of worn wood, Shrub-ruster, Sky-mocker, Rave! Portly pusher, Wind-slave. What am I?"

She did not give them time for a response before a purple and blackened energy fired forth from her and targeted the closest of them within 30ft, assaulting them howls of madness that were only momentary, but attacked their mind with an acute pain as a blip of the eldritch horror she has witnessed is thrusted upon them without mercy. Renee seeing that her grin became twisted as her face contorted into one of insidious glee. Madness existed in creatives, and killers alike. She embodied both halves, but rarely revealed how much she enjoyed this. .
delilah-briarwood-finger-of-death.gif
  • Choir Lance | 30ft [Madness Affinity F], [Magic Affinity E], [Magic Range E] | E Grade | 1 Post Cooldown
    • She whispers a discordant melody that only one creature of her choice within range can hear, wracking it with terrible pain, causing a psychic shock within as her laughter fills their mind with thousands of echoes

Ryken Academy

1661215329244.png

Renee Nyx

1661215351260.png
Renee watched as Mad Maw channeled energy with her fucking... Ukulele? Renee wasn't sure, but what Renee was sure of was that Mad Maw had great potential, despite her magic being weaker than her own, her magic potential was high. Possibly closer to Renee's than she realized firsthand now that she was seeing it before her. Renee's eyes lit up red, despite having a cold and serious face, within she was smiling freakishly in a wild manner, she loved the feel of this magic. Madness. It was intoxicating, it reminded Renee of a similar entity she had heard of, Jek-Hymn, a woman who was given power by five gods and immediately exiled them from this realm. She then was said to have created Madness in its purest form, it bent reality and halted the growing process for everything. It took a noble warrior who had to fall to her level of depravity to overcome her and he did. Then she was banished or torn away from this realm. But Mad Maw had power similar to that, at least in the descriptions of Jek-Hymn, her power was described just like how Madeline's felt. Maddening. As for the unfortunate hooded man, they were pushed backwards as they dropped their dagger, holding their head in pain, falling to their knees then onto the ground. The other looked rather concern at what was transpiring.

1661397418564.png

Renee placed a hand on the Gnoll's shoulder and stepped forward, " Let me show you, power. " Renee's eyes turned red and her freakish smile revealed itself as the shadowy figure still lingered around Renee. Renee's journal was now floating in the air as it opened up, Renee's hand lifted up into the air as her arm generated a glowing electricity, she smirked and pointed her fingers at the two figures, smiling evilly. " You will feel my wrath. " Renee's voice had a cold sting to it as she generated strings of lightning from her hand and it crackled into the air, piercing the two with lightning that then surrounded their contorting bodies with bright and loud lightning. Renee's face was lit up as her eyes had a dark red tint to them, " Die you cur! " Renee roared as her power then broke off from her hand and the lightning ceased, what was left of the two hooded men was nothing but ash. Renee's smile died down as she let out a huff turning to Madeline. " See? Easy. " Her eyes were still glowing a deep and haunting dark red as it faded back to the silver eyes. Renee then continued her way to the academy gates, " We better get moving before guards show up. " Renee called. As they reached the gates, they opened up for the two, Renee quickly walking on in, not wanting to be seen by guards or the academy staff.

• Electric Sparks - D - Magic Affinity D, Energized D, Electric Affinity E, Magic Range E, Magic Targets E: Allows user to conduct electricity into fingertips, flowing out like strings to electrocute up to 5 targets at around 30 feet away. - 1 post cooldown.

Quickly as they made their way to the main building, Renee had her journal put away at this point, looking at Madeline, " See where my teachings can get you? " Renee asked with a sweet tone and a kind smile.

Skyhunter Skyhunter

Renee was right about it being intoxicating, alcohol couldn't hold a candle to the feeling of letting shame, fear, and the feelings of others go? unrivaled, it wasn't about the confidence to do whatever she wanted without consequence, but rather she simply didn't care what trouble she got into so long as she had fun doing it. It was at this current juncture, she was enjoying making a robed boy suffer in psychic agony as her choir lance burrowing through his brain. She clapped and jumped in place eagerly, off beat and purposeful as she enjoyed the training she was receiving very much! She half believed Renee had set up these live targets on purpose, and decided to only half believe herself believing her crackpot theory about Renee. Smoke starting to pour out of her ears from her paradox before Renee tagged herself in, and showed Mad Maw a very possible future of her own progress.

Renee was vicious, and swift with her magic. Her eyes and face a virulent red as a web of lightning flung from her fingertips and reduced the two cultists to piles of ash. She was glad she didn't have to blink her eyes at the same time otherwise she would have missed that! Mad Maw gave an applause, as an applause track started to resonate from her Hurdy Gurdy and fill the alleyway before dying outright. "This one knew you were strong from your swagger; Shock Therapy is hot, but don't let it get this hot yes? Guards are never fun, always picky about where I am standing and what this one is standing on! This one thought open casket funerals were open invitation yes? yes? He was stiff in his casket so it was only right to tenderize him for the hungry soil" It seemed like that drunken stupor she was in had faded, and for worse, she was back to being herself.

Mad Maw following her through the gates, and looking around the familiar scene with wild eyes and an unbarred grin. Her tail finicky and flinching from one side of her body to the other as she walked next to Renee. She had a suspicion that Renee herself wasn't very particular about this place either, but figured any direct questions would only spurn her ire, and she wanted her atoms to stay in the same state if she could help! The academy's grand entrance encroaching on their view as she leaned into Renee's ear, her breath smelling like crayons and cat-fur.
"The academy didn't like the talents this one offers, how do you suspect we are getting in? Which teacher are we kidnapping? This one votes for the one whom was very rude! Spamlet is a good idea and he is probably going to steal it, and the most logical thing to do, is kill him right?"

Ryken Academy

1661486937915.png

Renee Nyx

1661486965742.png

Renee intentionally ignored the rambling Gnoll as they walked on through the gates, getting to the doors that lead to the dorms. " When we get in, shut your trap. " Renee said seriously. The Witch did not want to get kicked out right now, she wanted to get to her dorm where the two would be able to contact Dahak once again, safely this time. " If we are lucky, my apprentices are in our room where we will have an easier time getting through the Codex. " Renee explained as she then looked at Mad Maw, making sure the Gnoll was quiet before Renee opened the doors and entered into the dorm area. Entering the Ryken Dorms, Renee would walk through the darkened halls, having Mad Maw right behind her, whenever some official came through, Renee and Mad Maw would dunk into a corner of shadow to avoid detection which ended up working.

1661828596196.png
Finally reaching Renee's room, the two would see another witch looking woman leaving the dorm. " Scylla? Where are you going? " Renee asked in a confused tone, it was a bit late to be leaving and the witch was a bit confused as to where she was going. The witch looked up at Renee and Mad Maw and smiled at the two, " I am going with Clarice to help her out with an assignment! For the botany department. " Renee's mood changed, " Clarice? That pretentious bitch who wants to be some wannabe Empress. " Renee growled, she showed some resentment towards the named character. " I just got obtained a new way for us to grow more powerful, Scylla. Thanks to this gnoll here, named Mad Maw. " Renee indicated to the Gnoll next to her. " And you are going to leave now to go help her rather than me, Iberis and our new friend? " Renee asked. Scylla's expression changed to a more apologetic expression, even placing her hands into her face. " I'm sorry Renee, I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. " Renee shook her head, " No no. Go on ahead, Scylla. Just remember I am trying my best to help both you and Iberis out, trying to help grow your powers yet you want to go off and play with plants. It's fine. " Renee wasn't happy at all.

" Scylla. I expect you to do better when you get back. Go on now, and good luck. Make sure you choose your friends better next time. " Renee sighed, although she was pretty unhappy that Scylla chose that pretentious bitch over her. Scylla looked up, " Are we still friends? " Scylla would ask in Renee smiled, placing a hand on Scylla's shoulder, " Of course we are, Scylla. I just wish you chose better choices is all. But I'll let you know what we are going to do before you head out. " Renee released her shoulder. " We have made contact with a necromancer named Dahak; I know Dahak from letting him live during an important fight. He has the power to allow us incredible magic power. " Renee explained, " He is within this book. Or at least an imprint of him is. I don't know where he truly is but a part of him is within this book. " Renee showed Scylla an incredibly old book that looked like it would fall apart. " We enter the realm of death with this book. " Renee continued. " He said he would help us reach this power. " Renee finished. " Now go on, Scylla. We will see if we can figure out a way to get you to reach this power when we get back. " Renee smiled, the two hugged then parted ways. Afterwards, Renee's face darkened and her eyes glowed red for a moment. She wanted to kill Scylla for this insult. She could do it, she could just lightning bolt her in the back and watch her explode with energy. But Renee calmed herself and walked on into the dorms.

1661828548544.png

Walking inside, the two would see four beds with a generic decor although it was still cozy and homey. On the bed there was a young-looking girl. " Iberis, I am glad you are here. I have a way to get us powerful magics. " Renee gave a smile to the teenager. Looking back at Mad Maw as the door closed and was locked, " Be on your best behavior. " Renee stated in a serious manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back