• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Cobalt Outpost] An exchange between fiends (Mitsunari and Gamatsu)

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
This is an Isekai Hell Rp in which Mitsunari employs Gamatsu to upgrade his catalyst. Fantasy - Isekai Hell Lore
_Yang _Yang

Time of Day: Noon
Weather: Chilly, Light Snow

1648832110275.png
Their victory over the inhabitants of the outpost had Mitsunari riding a weak high as he celebrated the first steps towards his goal. He had now managed to establish a base of operations and while it was far from a home, it would do in their current situation. Then there were his new companions who were quite formidable and working together they complimented one another quite well. So this was a great start to everyone's personal goals. But with the biggest task now checked off, Mitsunari needed to tend to small details.

Learning of Gamatsu's crafting capabilities made the archer an even more valuable partner and so the fox ventured down to the forge room. During his descent from the upper levels he happened by the group of Oni who he had convinced to join him. With the outpost now under new ownership, creature of all sorts were free to move within the territory and pass through it. These five seemed more useful than most and so Mitsunari employed them and quickly put them to work. Their skills with masonry would help restore the outpost to its former glory and perhaps make it even better.

"Gama." The fox called out in a low tone as he entered the forge and looked around. "Are you down here? I have need of you crafting skills."

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamatsu appreciated the change in scenery that took place in the outpost in the brief time he was there. With a bunch of lifeless bodies lying around, it made the aesthetic of the place more grim than he'd prefer. The new faces that made the outputs their temporary home weren't the prettiest, but they were certainly hardworking. After seeing the musclebounded, four-armed monsters being useful, Gamatsu couldn't help but feel inspired to work as well. While they moved and lugged around stones, Gamatsu preoccupied himself with tinkering with his bow. Though already a competent weapon in its own right, he believed that he could still improve it some more.

Immersed with the arcane artificering work he had grown used to, Gamatsu's attention was suddenly called by his foxy employer.

"Oh. Hey there, friendo." He greeted Mitsunari but didn't turn to face him. Instead, he rushed his work, finishing it faster than usual. "I thought you'd never ask. Whaddya need me to do?"

Gamatsu's existence was a peculiar one and left Mitsunari wondering if the suit of armor was animated or if a soul had been placed within it. If it were the latter of the two then what had happened to his real body. As he approached the archer's work station, Mitsunari removed his necklace and held the gemstone that was his catalyst in hand. "This is my catalyst." He said as he presented the palm-sized jewel. "Can you strengthen it for me? " The fox's eyes briefly skimmed over Gamatsu's work and the tools he made use of.

"And while you do that, please enlighten me as to what your goals are and how I may be able to assist you in achieving them." While it was not in his character to coddle and take care of others, Mitsunari couldn't risk losing his newest accomplices due to a lack of agency. He needed to know what they wanted and needed to make moves to help them get it just as they had done for him.

_Yang _Yang

Quickly turning around, Gamatsu swiped the gemstone from the mage's grasp without warning. He intently stared at it as it laid in the middle of his palm. Bring it uncomfortably closer to his face, he appraised the catalyst to determine its quality and the degree of work he had to put into it. "Ooh. Pretty"

Not a fan of having to look down when he spoke, Gamatsu briefly leaped into the air, crossing his legs before landing on the floor. Despite the loud clunking sound his action made, it did little to harm the living armor. "Strengthen, huh?" He rhetorically asked himself. Gamatsu usually only tampered with his own things, but remembered a young mage named Rowan who he encountered a few days before. She had a different item, but her request was similar. Though it differed from the bows he used, Gamatsu just realized how strange it was for him as an artificer that he didn't dabble more into the arcane. He made a mental note of it, but that was an idea he'd have to deal with some other time. "Easy peasy, buddy."

Given the size of what he was working with, Gamatsu turned to his trusty calligrapher's pen. Or at least that's what it was most similar to. It was actually a small hand-held rod no larger than half a foot. Though one end remained dull and rounded, the other was tapered into cone with a fine-pointed apex. Similar to a catalyst in a way, it served as a conduit for mana. Channeling some of his own into it, Gamatsu's pen released a faint purple-hue as began to work.

"My goals?" The question made him wonder. "Hmmm". Small sparks of mana would flare off to the side, reminiscent of someone soldering or welding, but with less flash, lights, and sounds. Though the thought often gets shadowed by whatever current situation he gets himself into, Gamatsu still yearned for someone to serve wholeheartedly. Despite not being apparent or vocal about this matter, this took precedent over any other goal he had. Subconsciously, it motivated him to wander the world until he found someone he could fully trust. "Tbh, dunno. Maybe become a real boy? That'd be nice." Gamatsu kept his eyes on the gemstone he was working on as he spoke. Though not completely true, Gamatsu occasionally wondered on how life would be like if he was actually human or at least made of living flesh. "How about you, foxy? You've got the outpost. What now?"

Mitsunari was caught off guard by the archer's animated movements as he seemed to make himself more comfortable on the floor. His ears twitched and flicked in different directions, listening to the sound of construction being done just outside. It was good he had come down here to seek Gamatsu's aid because this interaction had proved already that he had a lot to learn about the suit of armor. During their attack on the outpost he picked up on Gamatsu's energetic and odd personality, but to see it in a setting such as this was something different.

He had never seen someone work on a catalyst before so as the process started he couldn't resist leaning in for a closer observation. And there it was, the odd way in which he spoke matched his boisterous personality. It wasn't a bad thing however and perhaps it would grow on him given time. When Gamatsu declared his interest in becoming human, Mitsunari scoffed. "A human? I don't see why anyone would want to become one of those." He withdrew from the crafting and turned his attention to the state of the forge. "It could be possible to do through magic, but as a suit of armor you are afforded a variety of benefits that a human body would rob you of are you not?" The fox could think of no reasons why Gamatsu should undergo such a transformation, especially to become a mere mortal creature.

"My destiny still alludes me." Mitsunari confessed. "In the meantime I seek to make myself secure in this world which is why we occupied this outpost. Of course I still require more power and perhaps partners that I can trust, but all that will come in time." Mitsunari pulled the chair away from Gamatsu's workstation and sat down, redirecting his gaze to the suit of armor.

"If you and Tu decide to remain here for good then our next step as a group will be growth. We must all become stronger or we will fail in the pursuit of our goals, individual or shared. We will also need to form alliances with other groups like our own." As he sat there and shared his thoughts, Mitsunari visualized their next steps in his mind. It would be an uphill climb, but what in their lives had been easy so far. Working together might make their burden a little lighter however.

_Yang _Yang

"Ah, yeah. Dunno?" Gamatsu was surprised that someone actually took his answer seriously. With his words always being taken with a grain of salt, he found it difficult to think of an appropriate answer one just believed his words. "Not needing to eat and sleep is all good, but sometimes, it kinda gets boring being the only suit of armor that can walk around. Y'know?" Spark-like specks of mana continued to fling off the gemstone as minute scripture like patterns were etched into it. Although appearing to be preoccupied with his craft, Gamatsu listed in silence to Mitsunari's confession. That was when he realized that they were similar. Kindred spirits of some kind. Though they differed in the means they took to acquire what they sought after, but in the end, they wanted the same thing. Contemplating on the answers that he heard, Gamatsu was a bit startled when Mitsunari took a seat beside him. He wasn't that particular when it came to personal space, but he was just honestly surprised. It was cool though.

Unlike the equipment Gamatsu previously worked on, the catalyst Mitsunari handed him was smaller. It required more precision and focus, but Gamatsu had that in spades. Nearing completion, he was allowed to relax a bit and respond to the foxman's statement.

"Can't say for sure how long I'm gonna be hanging around, but yeah, gotta get stronger. No doubt. And if it's an allied gro ya---."
A small crack of mana interrupted his would-be monologue as the catalyst glowed faintly.

"I guess I'm...done?" He wasn't certain, but his instincts were saying he was. "Well, here ya go." Like a small marble, Gamatsu flung the catalyst with his thumbs towards Mitsunari.

"So, what we gonna do know?" Whatever line of thinking Gamatsu had, I suppose it was lost for now.

Mitsunari hadn't considered the way Gamatsu might feel in regards to being the only suit of armor waddling around the realm without a body in it. Perhaps he was feeling lonely or something akin to an outsider. He wasn't surprised to hear that Gamatsu was uncertain about his position here, it was a lot to expect someone to commit to a ruined outpost and a kitsune with no solid plans. He would have to make preparations for the chance he wound up alone once more.

"Very good question." Mitsunari replied as he marveled over the finished product. The stone felt different, not just in his hand but in the connection he shared with it. It was certainly stronger now. "My current focus is to restore the outpost and grow my own strength in the meantime. If you should need my assistance however, I would not mind helping in whatever way I can."

The fox rose from his seat and secured the catalyst back around his neck. "Thank you. If there's nothing that I can help you with then I'll leave you to your work." His eyes fell upon the dark armor, looking where Gamatsu's eye would be if he had any.

_Yang _Yang

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Another marketplace rp. Not long, but to the point is a good way to run a chapter in a character's life. Some of the dialogue foreshadowed future endeavors which is nice. The marketplace trades were already approved.

Mitsunari - 7 point (narration)

Gamatsu - 5 point

_Yang _Yang _Yang _Yang LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Users who are viewing this thread

Back