• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Terask Village] A Village in Need, return of Trolls

Kaori looked over at the blacksmith that had hired them, "Well, I would assume that she knows if she had people trail us or watch us as we left the city. We didn't really try to hide the fact that we were moving equipment," she pointed out before getting back into the cart. I wonder how many other ambush points she has? Would she really send people that far out to just steal weapons? She thought to herself before leaning against the cart. "Though I suppose we should be more vigilant than we were before," she concluded.

Turning to look at the other companion who was talking about the school, she perked up a bit. "Blueprints for some armor? Why would they have that on them?" She inquired looking over to Rossel with a confused look. Gangs normally wouldn't walk around with some kind of blueprint.

mentions:
Skyhunter Skyhunter
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Ryken Countryside

1662525654566.png

While Rossle got the carriage going, his brows creased when Matt mentioned a toolbox of his and the armor. " Yeah, wonderful. " Rossle growled as they roamed across the countryside, luckily as they got to a clearer open area, there wasn't much to worry about. They would be able to see any approaching party quickly, and with Bulky's strange precognition, the ride was so far so good. Rossle heard Kaori's question, his head slightly turned like he considered on speaking. For a few moments he didn't say anything until, " It was a project of mine a long time ago. To create a set of armor so tough and powerful, anyone could wear it and gain its benefits. Power Armor, I called it. " Rossle stated. " Jane Leatherguard, name originally Jane Kouski, she was someone... Close to me. " Rossle sighed, " She helped me design the blueprints and I was getting close to creating a set. I had most of it built but I left for a time for a favor to a friend. I came back to my armor and blueprints stolen. The reason why she had her men carrying a set is one of two things. She intends to take my toolbox to finish the armor, or she is nearly done with it. " Rossle stated, he inhaled then exhaled, sounding frustrated.

Terask Village

1662526680197.png

As the carriage rolled into the village, they would see there were civilians walking around and children playing around. " This isn't the village, but we will stop here for the night. " Rossle stated to Matt and Kaori as they continued through, they got a couple of looks from villagers and even a few waves from happy looking villagers. A couple of armed guards were patrolling the village, giving a nod to Rossle as they continued on their way. They would roll up to a tavern that had rooms available, along with food and drink. Rossle stopped in the front of tavern and looked at the two in the back, " Go on and get yourselves a room. " Rossle took a small bag off his belt and tossed it at Matt, " Two rooms, one for you and me. And one for her. " The dwarf huffed, when the two went on inside, there would be a different people within, all looked like they were from out of the area, enjoying their food and drink. At the bar, the Barkeep was standing there with a tankard and rag, cleaning it. There was also a knight wearing green and yellow sitting there while drinking a tankard of drink. He was sighing quietly and talking to himself. " Oh, gods why...? How...? " He sighed, his sword sat on the bar with his helmet off, he resembled a handsome man. The bartender saw the two and nodded his head at them, " Hello, travelers. What can I do for you? " He asked.

1662528281733.png

Kaori kept an eye out as the trip continued along the road letting out a small sigh as they entered more open territory. Well, at least they won't be able to hide here if they try anything. She thought to herself as Rossle spoke about the armor and what had happened to it. So they knew each other at one point, was it greed the whole time or something more? She pondered before pushing it to the back of her mind as he explained why the thug might have had it on him. "Well, I would say probably more like she needed your toolbox, I doubt she would have come after you with the thugs if she had already completed the armor," she suggested as the town came into view.

She waved to the children as they rode past them, not really sure what to think about the revelation from earlier. As the cart came to a stop, she nodded, she got out of the cart and stretched for a moment. Upon hearing the mention of a room, she turned to look at the dwarf and caught the bag. "Well I suppose this place is safe enough for the night," she mumbled, opening the door to the tavern and walking inside she glanced around. She didn't notice anything strange at first glance as she started to approach the bar.

"Two rooms, one with two beds and one with a single bed," She spoke as the bartender greeted them. Hearing the knight nearby them Kaori leaned in and whispered, "Is he okay?" She inquired glancing between the knight and the bartender.

mentions:
Skyhunter Skyhunter
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Matt

1659060065531.png
Matt stood watch for the most part as they drove across the field, his ears twitching every now and then from the tension he felt, since he knew things could show up at literally any point. "Sounds like some impressive stuff. Well, I don't know how much help I'll be since you could do this yourself, but I'll do what I can to keep them from getting whatever they want." He said with a shrug in response to Rossle's explanation, laxing his tension after a little while, keeping his bow out just in case, a big smile on his face as he relaxed a bit.

"Aye, like she said we're looking for rooms like that." He said with a smile, waiting beside Kaori, before she asked about the green knight in the tavern, humming a little bit. "Uhhh, don't you think it would be better to ask him that yourself instead? Seems kinda rude to talk about someone who's in the same room as you." He said with a raised eyebrow, humming a bit as he waited for the keys to the rooms, keeping the bag of what he assumed was cash handy, not wanting to let any potential pick pocket get near it.

Terask Village

1663210895985.png

1663213193866.png

" Ah. That'll be three gold pieces per room, five per room if you want dinner as well. "

The bartender huffed as he continued to wipe the tankard down and placed it down on the bar as he then took a drag off his lit cigar, looking at the disheveled and almost drunk knight.

" That's Harlow. He's been in here for a few days now. Claims that he's in the wrong time or something. Asked me what day and year it was. Says he was around one hundred years or so ago. Now he's been here drinking his sorrows away talking about his wife Marrisa and son Harkov, I think he's a bit crazy. Now about that payment. "

The bartender shrugged before shaking his head going back to cleaning a tankard until a hooded man came up to the bar asking for a drink, the bartender then moved along to the man who paid for a drink, the bartender poured a quick tankard of rum.

Harlow, Under the Helm

1663212068611.png

" Marissa... Harkov... I'm sorry... "

The knight mumbled as he continued to drink his sorrows away, slamming his tankard down hard on the bar, his eyes were glossy, full of tears, and sweat covered his brow. He had slammed his tankard so hard that his helmet fell onto the floor and even broke the bar. This caused both sides of the bar to slightly angle up into the air, the hooded man's tankard hit him in the face, spilling rum all over his face and chest which caused him to stand up with his arms out.

" What the hell!? "

The hooded man threw off his hood and showed his face, he was light skinned man with no beard or hair, but he had tattoos all over his face and head that showed one of a gang member. Evening having one that said LG below his right eye, the man stared at Harlow and moved towards him, pushing both Kaori and Matt into the bar as he made his way to the drunken knight. When the hooded man got close to Harlow raising a fist, the bartender shouted,

" Hey! Don't do it! Take it outside! "

The bartender yelled, now having the entire tavern's attention, the tattooed man stared down the bartender before huffing.

" Fine. We'll take it outside- "

Although he was cut off by a sucker punch from the drunken knight, Harlow, swinging a heavy gauntlet into the man's jaw that made him fly into the air and land on a table which caused drinks to fly. And from there it escalated. Harlow stood up wiping his eyes of tears now, looked over at both Matt and Kaori.

" Sorry about that. There's about to be a large fight. "

The knight stated while his face was one of anger, pain and drunkenness. After he spoke the entire tavern erupted into a large barfight, bodies began fighting bodies, what looked like more tattooed men appeared in the tavern fighting the other patrons. Something strange was amiss. The knight Harlow stepped forward and faced the tattooed man he had punched just a few moments ago, he looked disoriented but still had his dukes up, ready to fight, although Harlow gave him a powerful hook and put the man down for the fight. Letting out a sigh of relief. The bartender looked frustrated and sat down while he threw his hands up. A couple of tattooed men came towards the bar, seeing Kaori and Matt, the two looked surprised then looked at one another before back at the two. They then pulled out daggers from their backs.

" It's them, kill them, we'll find the dwarf later. "

One of the men growled before they moved towards Matt and Kaori ready to strike.

Matt
1659060065531.png
Matt nodded softly at the explanation of the man in the corner, sighing a bit. "Poor guy. Not much we can do for him anyhow though. Here's the cash for the rooms." He said, putting the needed coins in the hand of the bartender, sighing a bit. It was a little annoying to need to do all this for just a delivery, but he guessed that's what he signed up for being an adventurer, no mission was ever easy. Even just hunting a bunch of magic rabbits had a sasquatch they had to fight.

He glanced over at the start of the altercation, his eyes widened as he heard Harkov say there was going to be a fight, groaning a bit.
"Maaaan he was even offering to take it outside, now we have to square up here with a bunch of bar hoppers..." He said with a small groan, keeping Kaori close so they wouldn't get seperated in any way during this fight, moving back towards where the bartender was. "Mind if we hang out here?"

Kaori looked over at her companion for a moment, "Depends on the case; obviously, the man wants to drink his sorrows away, as the bartender has stated. Some people would rather not be disturbed." Turning back to face the barkeep as he mentioned the price for the rooms. She opened the bag that Rossel had given her and pulled out the coins for the rooms and food but Matt had already placed coins in the man's hand.

Time traveling didn't seem too far-fetched for Kaori; after all she wasn't even a true native of this world. Sure she had been reborn here but this was her second life. She then turned to the knight who was introduced as Harlow, she could smell the ale he had been drinking as he spoke. When she saw the tankard fly, she turned to see the tattooed man. Another thug or a different gang? She thought to herself as she didn't have much time before a full-out brawl started.

As the two other men appeared and pointed to them she let out a sigh, "Why do they always seem to find us. Alright then, you wanna fight?" Kaori asked as she drew her two swords and stepped forward waiting for them to get close enough she would use double strike.

• Double strike - Fighting Style Twin blade E, Incurable F - Kaori swings her blades at the right time, and over time, she has been able to deliver blows that are harder to heal by magical means. Grade E - 1 post cooldown

mentions:
Skyhunter Skyhunter
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Terask Tavern

1664074145234.png

Harlow
1664074181845.png

Before the bartender could accept the gold, hell broke out in the tavern, he called out to the ensuing chaos before giving up, throwing his towel in the air out of frustration. He then looked at both Matt and Kaori, he looked unhappy with Matt's question. " Yes, I do mind actually, because now I'm going to have those dumb bastards that want to shank you going to come and shank me. " He didn't sound happy with Matt and Kaori's movement into his only respite from the tavern fight happening. Now with the two gang members approaching, the bartender looked at his tankard that he was cleaning originally and threw it at one of the gang members who took it to the eye, he faltered back and dropped his knife holding his eye that had blood coming down his cheek. " AH! FUCK! YOU STUPID FUCKING BASTARD! DO YOU KNOW WHO WE ARE!? " The man screamed as he laid on the floor, the other tattooed man was caught off guard as he turned his head to look at his downed companion, this would be a terrible lapse in judgement. He turned to face the bartender only for Kaori to aggressively charge forward and slash the distracted man across his body. This caused the man to drop his weapon and hold his large gashes of wounds on his body, falling over growling in pain. " You fucking bitch!!! Aghhhhh! " He yelled in pain.

1664426132366.png
The man held his bleeding wounds while he tried to maintain his breathing, his face full of pain as blood pooled onto the floor. Although with Kaori stepping forward, the first gang member was unnoticed after he went down, Kaori would feel a sharp pain in her foot, and she would lose her balancing and fall onto her back, the man stood up holding his eye that clamped shut from the thrown tankard, he had his dagger raised about to stab Kaori when he was grabbed from behind, behind the man was that knight Harlow, grabbing him by his shirt and pulling him over the counter, " It's not like a gentleman to hurt yet alone stab a woman. " Harlow made his disdain known as he held the man's knife hand; the man was struggling as Harlow was much stronger. The knight pushed the knife towards the neck of the man who was shaking his head rapidly, trying to get away. " By the power of The Western Empire, I sentence you to death. " Harlow whispered loud enough to be heard by the bartender, Kaori and Matt as he slowly pushed the knife into the man's neck, the man began to convulse trying to get away, but it was too late. Harlow dropped the dying man and turned around to deal with the rest of the fighting.

The doors to the tavern swung open as Bulky came rushing in, he leapt over a table and latched onto one of the gang members, his body covered in blood as Rossle came walking in with his large sword, also caked in blood. When the gang members saw the two come in, they quickly scrambled, running for the back exit. The rest of the fighting patrons backed off seeing a giant 8-foot bear dog tear into a man, luckily the man was still alive only having a bite in his shoulder as Bulky picked him up and carried him outside, the man calling for help. Rossle sighed as he walked up to the counter with the bartender and the two hires he had, well, hired. Rossle carrying his large sword placed it down as Harlow had sobered up quickly seeing the bear dog come in and stop everything before leaving. The bartender took a deep breath, " Sir, I owe you one, otherwise those damn bastards would have torn this place up- wait a moment! You're Rossle! Rossle Deva! " The bartender stated with wide eyes. Rossle sighed, " Can we get two rooms? These two were supposed to order them? " The bartender nodded quickly. " yes- of course! " Rossle looked at Kaori, barely seeing her on account of him being a dwarf, " Oh no, what happened? Did those bastards get you? " Rossle came around the bar to see Kaori on the ground on the man she had sliced on the ground still holding his chest wounds, looking worst for wear. Rossle kicked the hell out of his knee which caused the knee to break and the man to begin crying out in pain again. " Shut it you bastard! " The dwarf growled looking at Kaori " Did this stupid bastard do it? I'll feed him to Bulky if he did. " Rossle sounded angry, but what was strange was that he was acting like a father now instead of a contractor.

1664426114778.png
But then the Knight interrupted, " No. It was this dead fellow over here. " Harlow spoke standing at the counter with a guilty look on his face, " Because of my own sorrows, I got the poor girl stabbed, I started it sir. " The Knight admitted. Rossle turned his head seeing Harlow, he nodded his head, his face wasn't seen but he probably wasn't happy. " So, you dumb bastard, you got one of my paid contractors stabbed? And you just allowed it? Some kind of knight you are. Who are you, dumb bastard? " Rossle asked angrily, the Knight stood up straight and brought an arm up across his chest with his fingers directed in one direction. " I am Ser Harlow Evergrant, a Knight from the Eastern Empire. At least a hundred years ago it seems. " Rossle stared at the knight then looked back at Kaori and Matt as the bartender had helped Kaori get back on her good foot since her right ankle had a gangrenous stab wound in it. " What the hell is this man on about? " Rossle asked Matt. " Let me join you. " Harlow requested. Rossle turned his head, " What!? You got one my guards hurt and started a large tavern fight because of whatever and you want to work for me? " Rossle asked. Harlow nodded, " Yes sir. I may have screwed up but allow me to make it up by joining you on whatever journey you're going on. I need a job. I am good with a sword and shield, I can fight. And it'll help me learn more about the world I am in now- " He was cut off by Rossle, " Oh shut it you daft sack of old potatoes! " Rossle swung a hand at the knight, " No! It's a no! " The dwarf stated. Harlow looked at both Matt and Kaori, " You two work for him, yeah? I am sorry I put you two in this situation, but please allow me to join you three, or four I assume that large bear dog was with you too. But I can help, I want to, I want to prove my sincerity. " Harlow was practically begging the two to vouch for him, but it would be up to them on this choice. The two most likely could talk Rossle into allowing Harlow to join if they wanted to. This man seemed a fool, but he was a good fighter and seemed sincere in his words.

Kaori felt her blades cut into the flesh of one of the men; she glanced around, completely forgetting about the man that had a tankard thrown at him. To which she then felt a sharp pain in her foot as she let out a small yelp as she fell backward, letting out an oof as she hit the wooden floor. The next thing she realized was the man who had stabbed her getting picked up by the knight they had encountered earlier. What is even going on here? I can't believe I got careless like that though the barkeep complained about the thugs so why would he get involved? She pondered the idea as the doors swung open.

The large bear dog rushed in as she heard the familiar sound of Rossel's voice. When Rossel noted her foot she shrugged her shoulders, "Nothing a bandage won't fix," she replied rather annoyed about the whole situation, to be honest. She would have continued but the knight had explained that the man who had stabbed her was dead on the floor. She cocked an eye as as Rossle went after the night which she just shook her head. The whole situation was stupid what was done is done.

"Can we just move on from the subject, there is no point in crying over spilled milk, I got careless, that's was it," she stated as she lifted herself up into a nearby char to at least get off the floor. Trying to not put any pressure on the food that had gotten stabbed. She was ready to be at the village, though if they were to run into a troll she would probably be useless in this situation.

mentions:
Skyhunter Skyhunter
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI

Matt
1659060065531.png
Matt saw the fight occur, his hands on his bow, before he saw the whole thing essentially get solved without him, though he did get down to try and help Kaori up when the whole thing was said and done due to her foot wound, grabbing her hand and hefting her up with the chair as well. When he heard Harlow speak up about wanting to join them, he looked a little confused, since that seemed a little bit strange. "Well, he might be helpful. I mean, we know the Leatherguard are out for us. Plus, with all types of magic around, I wouldn't be surprised if he really was from the past." He said, knowing that coming from the past wasn't that far fetched when you thought about it, especially with how magic seemed to be able to do anything.

"Especially when we know that he's a good fighter after the bar fight. Even if you do seem a little volatile with hitting the guy with a mug when he was willing to take it outside." He said, being honest about what he thought about the knights sudden strike on the first guy who instigated the fight. "I'd say we should give him the benefit of the doubt, the guys been through enough as it is." He whispered to Rossle, figuring he'd vouge for the poor knight.

Terask Tavern

1665713321854.png

Harlow Evergrant
1665713351197.png

Rossle heard the protests of both his swords-for-hire, the dwarf turned his head for a moment, they couldn't see his eye thanks to the eyepatch or what his expression was. The knight, Harlow stared at Rossle with an expression that showed he wanted to prove himself, he looked at both Matt and Kaori with a thankful look on his face. He had a rather jolly personality about him, having this cocked smile on his face as Rossle sighed and caved, " Alright, you lot want him to join, huh? He can help us then, looks like we're going to need it. " Rossle looked at Kaori's foot, he didn't sound so happy about it but let it go as he walked off, " Got enough god damn problems... " The dwarf cursed under his breath as he headed off outside to check on his bear dog companion. Harlow turned to both Kaori and Matt, still having that cocked smile on his face when he mentioned his brashness, " Ha! That was a rare side you just saw there, friend. Usually, I'm pretty composed and jolly. I try to not resort to anger and conflict unless necessary. In which it was for me, I've been going through a bit of a rough transition as of late. " He sounded a lot jollier now.

" Madam, " Harlow looked to Kaori, " I can assist your foot. " Harlow pulled a small, knitted pouch from his belt off his hip, it had knitted on the side, I'll always love you, Vail Knight. - Merissa, in big pink words on the side as he took out some long herbs, similar to seaweed but a light blue. " This will help with the wound, a rare plant that has a numbing effect on it, I forgot the name of it, but it'll help. " Harlow moved in and knelt down, placing Kaori's foot on his knee and taking off her equipment, he then used these herbs to gently wrap it around Kaori's stabbed ankle. Kaori would feel at first sharp pain but within moments barely anything as Harlow wrapped her ankle like a bandage with this herb. He then took out a long strip of bandage and wrapped the wound. " 'Ere you are, this should help throughout the night. " He gently slapped her ankle. Yeah. He actually slapped her ankle, although to Kaori's surprise she barely felt anything. She could feel Harlow's hand but no pain. " To show my respect and sorrow for your injury. " Harlow then placed her boot back on and let her foot down. He seemed fatherly, but like the kind and funny type rather than the serious kind.

Harlow stood up as he placed the pouch back on his hip smiling that cocked smile, " Well, you two should retire. I'm going to help clean this place up. You got your rooms, better get going. " Harlow looked at the bartender who looked a bit pleased with Harlow wanting to help. The two would get to cleaning, allowing Kaori and Matt to go to their rooms to rest.

The next morning, when both Matt and Kaori awoke, coming out to the tavern, they would see that the place was as good as new. Almost nothing was broken, the bartender and Harlow were at the bar talking, Harlow eating himself some breakfast while him and the bartender had a couple laughs, seemed like Harlow had the grumpy man open up and loosen up a bit.

Isekai Hell RP Grade

Unfortunately, the RP was a failure due to lack of interest, while I understand people are busy, I think once a week was good enough to post. Now I also have to take blame because I also felt like this wasn't my best work either in which I am sorry for. Rossle never was able to deliver the goods to the village and instead had to trek it all back to the city in which the town was decimated by trolls. Rewards are halved for failure.

Skyhunter (GM) - 20

Matt - 26

Kaori - 18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back