• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Ryken City] A Tutoring Lesson in Hatred of Dead

Skyhunter

Bringer of Change
Roleplay Availability
This RP will be the conclusion of the Tutor Questline, enjoy!

---

Inquiry's Fall
1672881899397.png

1672881919730.png

Naberius
1672882229541.png
Auldlich
1672883349858.png
Vulm, The Undying Flame
1672883364971.png

The golden golem raised his bloody hand with remnants of Dahak still on his bloody claw and his massive axe in his other as he stared down the weird group of misfits. Naberius held his axe up at the group, the small army of undead began to stride forward towards Sage, Scylla, Iberis and Arthur. A few undead then ended up growing wings that was touched by the four armed undead, Auldlich, flew up into the air and headed straight for the balcony where about ten of them landed around Kalina, Hope, Mad Maw and Renee. The ten undead each began clicking and staring at their targets with their cold greyed over eyes before they began to flap their wings. Their mouths and hands covered in blood from a fresh feast, dripping onto the floor below them. More undead landed with the ten now making fifteen. A strange faint noise clicked from each of them, they weren't growling or moaning and weren't capable of speech. A possible symptom of rigamortis that completely stiffened their throats. Although it seemed they could still understand each other from this dry clicking they were doing which was barely audible. They began to divide into three groups of four and one group of three. Their eyes staring at their targets as they began to flutter, Hope, Kalina and Renee had four staring at them while Mad Maw had three staring at her.

1672887771621.png

As for Sage, Iberis, Scylla and Arthur, regular undead began to charge at the four. Although right behind them were tall and lanky undead with chains attached to their bodies following after them. At this point, the dark metal cladded undead wielding the mace took a step forward, his dark flames igniting into the air. " Hear my name. Vulm. I am the Undying Flame. I shall burn the living in service of the dead. " His voice echoed like a dead whisper within the minds of everyone in the room, like his voice was searing into their brains like fire. As he swung his massive flaming mace, small fire spirits spawned with this Vulm's mace swings, being sure to stay near him as he slowly made his way forward. Arthur growled seeing the undead coming, " Great. More of them. " The Hitman growled as he pointed his weapon and began to fire at the undead coming for them, his bullets began to mow down the undead at a quick rate. There were about fifty regular corpses coming for them, but now reduced to about thirty with about ten of the lanky undead behind them.

1672889591014.png1672890588886.png

Arthur growled as he had to reload, throwing his clip out at the twist of a gun and reloading once more. Arthur winced hearing the dry voice of this Vulm.

NeramoDJI NeramoDJI Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong The Last Curse The Last Curse Garbage Pail Kid Garbage Pail Kid

Attachments

• 1672883337190.png
    1672883337190.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter

Kalina sighed as she stretched her neck a bit. Another hoard of undead to fight. Why couldn't they be delicious Fae? It even seemed like this might be their biggest challenge yet. She got three winged undead facing her from the get-go, making her click her tongue. They didn't look the strongest, but their numbers were troublesome. Best she'd try getting a head-start on them.

She drew her rapier, then stabbed it at one of the three undead before it could even reach her. After all, with her latest trick [Precision Strikes Style D], she could hit it from a distance without her rapier even having to connect with the target (range F), which she hoped would take it by surprise. Considering their obnoxious clicking seemed of some importance, she went in for the head-stab, hoping to pierce it's skull and make it cease its movements and die for good, or at the very least render it unable to keep communicating.

She'd quickly move on to the next one, using a weaker version [Precision Strike Style E] at the next one, this time needing to actually ram her rapier through the actual creature's head. Having to get in closer made her realise just how gross these things were, making her all the more eager to get rid of them quickly and as cleanly as possible.

That felt the final one, for which she only had a regular [Precision Strike F] left to deal with, once again aiming for its head. If not to kill it, then to weaken it so she could finish it off later.

D-Grade Cooldowns: (0/2)
Precision Strikes Style: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] D, Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style. Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
Penetrating F - weapon can ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. F - 1 grade, E - 2 grade, D - 3 grade, C - 4 grade, B - 5 grade, A - 6 grade, S ???
Range F - gives weapon attacks longer range. 10ft/3m at rank F. 30ft/9m at rank E. 100ft/30m at grade D. 1,000ft/300m at grade C. See magic skills to enhance range further. Required technique to apply fighting style effects at ranges beyond 5ft.
- Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.

E-Grade Cooldowns: (0/1)
Precision Strikes Style: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate F, Penetrating F, – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style. Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
Penetrating F - weapon can ignore grades of an item when it is used to defend. F - 1 grade, E - 2 grade, D - 3 grade, C - 4 grade, B - 5 grade, A - 6 grade, S ???
- Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.

F-Grade Cooldowns: (0/1)
Precision Strike: – Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style.
Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
Range F - gives weapon attacks longer range. 10ft/3m at rank F. 30ft/9m at rank E. 100ft/30m at grade D. 1,000ft/300m at grade C. See magic skills to enhance range further. Required technique to apply fighting style effects at ranges beyond 5ft.
- Grade F – 0 Post Cooldown.

Iberis Odhir

c1c09798754ff7edcdb17e719dc490d4-1.jpg
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter NeramoDJI NeramoDJI RavenSong RavenSong
Iberis looked back at the approaching undead with a steely glint of conviction in her eyes. Even as she heard that voice and felt a bit nervous deep down when push came to shove for Iberis if they decided that they were going to stop them and try to kill those she cared about, then she'd just have to help eliminate them, there was no two ways about it in her mind, as she held the line, she wasn't about to retreat unless necessary. Since she didn't have great multi target spells beyond perhaps penetration with her stream, she decided to target one of the larger threats.

"I"m moving in." She said to those remaining around her, going towards where Arthur and Kalina had started to clear. She didn't want to inadvertently give additional information to the undead if she could help it since it was clear some of these enemies were much more sentient and intelligent than she had imagined these sorts of undead being capable of being, while it was clear lesser ones were more or less puppets of the more intelligent ones it seemed to her at the very least.

Presuming Iberis was close enough first she'd cast an Energy Bolt waving her staff tip in a zig zag pattern as red energy began to glow, firing off the bolt at one of the closest undead, but instead of stopping she rapidly started to move her staff into a circular motion regardless if the first strike hit or not and attempted to cast Energy Stream as even more arcane energy began to build up and the ever so growing familiar reddish circle with rings of rotating arcane symbols appeared and presuming success a large red stream of arcane energy was fired, aimed at the torso of Vulm if she was close enough, trying to go for an area that would be a bigger target to hit so it was more likely to deal damage. Before she looked around vigilantly at any other approaching undead at the ready to follow up with another cast next round if need be.

Actions:
Move into undead clear area as far as needed to hit intended targets.
2. Try to cast Energy Bolt at nearest undead target
3. Try to cast Energy Stream at Vulm's torso.

Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth a bolt of energy to strike a single target up to 10 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)

Energy Stream- Magic Affinity D, Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range E, Magic Targeting F, Energized D,Focus D- A more focused advanced attack than a simple Mana strike, Iberis focuses a red concentrated beam of energy from her staff to use offensively against a target up to 30 ft away,- Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown (Energized)

As troves and troves of undead came pouring into the room, Hope's eyes flashed with hot anger. Yet again, a nice, wholesome moment was just this close, and of course, something had to come along and squander it, as if it were impossible to have anything nice in this world. Couldn't she get four minutes to relax? Why was there always some asshole around the corner, just itching to make things worse for everyone?

Her grip tightening around the railing, Hope began to realize she didn't need answers. None of them would've sufficed. She'd have to treat them like all the other monsters anyway. It didn't even surprise her anymore. The bastards were begging for it now. "Oh, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph!" Hope said exasperatedly, grabbing her catalyst, "Why can't you just leave. Us. ALONE!" Her hands squeezed onto the pendant, and as they fell away, she felt them tingle as her magic coalesced into two iridescent black orbs. But that wouldn't have been enough, she knew. She needed to use everything. They deserved everything!

Shutting her eyes, Hope placed all her focus on the orbs in her hands. Soon two became four, then six, eight, and finally ten. Then, whispering a spell, she sent each volatile orb flying with [Unfettered Chaos], aiming to harm only the winged zombies harassing her. But she still wasn't done yet. Scylla, Sage, and Iberis were still underneath her, fighting whatever monstrosities Naberius spawned. Immediately, Hope turned to face the drop-off of the balcony, another spell already forming on her lips. Strangely, she didn't recognize the words leaving her mouth. Or the giant, black orb forming in her hand. Or the fact she felt completely energized.

It hadn't stopped her. Hope pointed the sphere at Vulm, and not a second later, it launched from her palm. It grew exponentially as it sought its target, screeching eerily as [Anarchy] drew nearer.
  • [Anarchy] - Chaos Affinity F + Shadow Affinity F + Magic D + Magic Range E + Magic Targets E + Energized D + Selective Magic E + Magic AoE F + Homing F + Flare F (Vision) + Continuing F - Hope twists her shadow magic with mind-numbing chaos, forming a giant black sphere that seeks its target and explodes in a 15ft radius on impact. Afterward, it releases 9 smaller spheres that also seek out the nearest enemy. Targets struck take will also continuous damage for 1 post and have their vision obscured. With Selective Magic, certain targets can be rendered immune to the attack. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown
  • [Unfettered Chaos] - Affinity (Chaos) F + Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Magic E + Continuing F + Homing F + Energized E + Selective E + AoE F - Hope concentrates her magic into five unstable globs of chaos, which home at targets within 30ft, exploding in a 15ft radius on impact and dealing continuous damage. It can be manipulated to avoid harming certain targets. - 0 post cooldown - Grade E

43058411-DDDA-45C0-8FD9-800D0E55E74C-3.jpeg
She beheld in silent horror as the abominations before her made their way through the portals. Dahak lay on the ground, now nothing more than a pile of grounded undead flesh. Scylla took a few steps back, "W-whoa.. this.. this is sorta.. kinda.. not my area of expertise!" She said hesitating, but then the book in her hands shook wildly as if it wanted to get down, and it did. Scylla immediately let go of the book, suddenly glowing and turning pages wildly as it glowed its eerie blueish color. "W-what? What's going on? I-iberis?" She exclaimed, but before she knew it, a strange mana stream overcame the witch, provoking the witch to quickly brace. Suddenly, memories, perhaps those of the undead that had their name written in the books pages, perhaps some sort of ancient knowledge?

Whatever the case, the witch began to learn, or remember some sort of different magic. Her sensitivity to magic had increased. She could feel the static in the air, a deep inner flame in her stomach. She could feel the humidity in the air unlike ever before, even with her previous ability to control her environment. It would seem the book had bestowed upon her the potential means to defeat the foes before her.

Scylla would have dropped to her knees as the book gave her this critical boon. Her hands had come over her eyes, and her knees no longer shook, albeit only occasionally. "Y-yes.. i.. I think I know what I must do." She said, as the witch picked up her moon staff.

"My, my.. do I have the spell for you!" She said with a confident smirk to the voice that felt like literal fire had began to incinerate her mind. Shaking her head and channeling her water affinity, to cleanse any potential curse happening within her thought patterns.

She'd make a few quick movements, before bringing her hand forward, almost as if pushing something, before a torrent of water suddenly appeared above her, quickly absorbing the sea water into the moon crystal on her staff. It was then that she'd mutter the words, "Glacia Dabrus!" Suddenly a great blast of water came surrounding the fiery undead elemental creature as Scylla held out her arms, and kept the spell working in an attempt to deprive the fiery beast of free movement and prevent his imps to burn the entire place down.

• Spell of Drowning Magic Affinity D - Water Affinity E - Magic Range E - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Uses her ability to pull moisture out of thin air to create an aqua sphere around a target depriving the target of oxygen - Grade D - 2 Cooldowns

Inquiry's Fall
1673848594482.png

1673848621489.png

Renee Nyx
1673850067762.png

Kalina's attacks on the three flying undead were quick and swift, they were quickly dispatched with their skulls being pierced from Kalina's rapier and quick speed. The light in their eyes left with each death, blood and gore covered Kalina's blade as they fell onto the floor. Hope's Unfettered Chaos would strike the four flying undead before her, disinegrating them to the molecular level while her last target would be Vulm. Renee had opened her journal and held her hands out in front of her, her eyes gleaming a red tint as she stared an evil one at each of the flying undead around them. " You will each all fall. " She growled as she gathered her magic stopping each of the flying undead and moving them each into the center where Renee crushed them each into each other. [Magic Affinity C, Telekinesis D, Magic targets D, Magic Range D] After killing the rest of the undead, Renee would toss them into the wall nearby and looked back at the rail, moving over as she looked below them at the impending chaos that would ensue.

Arthur reloaded then began firing his rifle again at the undead again that were coming their way, he had a look of evil on his face as he mowed down the rows of undead, blood and gore splashing everywhere. Iberis' Energy Bolt would string towards the first lanky undead about to attack them with the long chains would completely obliterate them into nothingness. Vulm stopped moving once Iberis targeted him with her Energy Stream, Scylla's Spell of Drowning would begin to surround him, Hope's last remaining Unfettered Chaos targeted Vulm too. He slammed his mace on the ground and his fire sprites flew around him and into the attacks of everyone targeting him except Scylla's. A circle of black flames conjured in front of the circle of water and moved it into the water to put the spell out.

He raised a hand into the air as a fireball began to conjure, getting ready to cast a spell. But then.

" ENOUGH! "

A voice rang all through this realm, the castle all around them began to crack and break down. " I have had enough of you squirming vermin crawling all around in MY dimension. " The voice would sound familiar to both Iberis and Scylla, it was the voice in their head. The one that tried to convince them to betray Renee. " You are here to consume the power that lies here. To try and fatten on yourself on what I have worked my entire life for. Pathetic worms that can't work for what they want don't deserve to try and steal the power from other successors. " The voice growled. The world began to break all around them as the castle ceiling broke off into the air with everyone being thrown into the air in random directions. Renee, Arthur and Scylla would be thrown further into the castle of Inquiry's Fall. Kalina, Hope and Iberis were thrown outside of Inquiry's Fall into the wastelands of the dead. " You would be willing to betray everyone you ever knew and everything just to achieve your own goals. You would betray your own logic and views if it meant you power. I gave you everything. I allowed you to train under me and come this far. Your achievements and dreams have all been mine, Renee. You are nothing more than a hack and an idea I have created. " The voice cackled. Renee growled with wide red eyes, she was boiling with rage, " I knew it! I knew you weren't dead! " The witch roared while she was being thrown.

1674025283650.png

Renee, Scylla and Arthur would be thrown into the ruins of Inquiry's Fall, " You think you can try and take my power, Renee? My old apprentice? You will achieve only failure. " The voice continued for all to hear as the three landed with each other in the ruins, each were unharmed as Renee got up with clenched fists and a rising vengeance in her heart. She wanted to destroy her old master, the one she thought she killed but there always a pang of knowledge that Renee may not have killed her just earlier this year. Renee looked to both Arthur and Scylla, " Are you both okay? " She asked, but before they could answer, within the ruins, undead began to crawl out while groaning and growling. Then there was the sound of flame nearby, Vulm. He was here as well, somewhere searching for them. Arthur sighed as he reloaded his weapon with an angry look on his face as about sixteen undead began to fill the path ahead of them, with another eight behind the three. " We best clear these damn corpses. Scylla or whatever, I'll follow your lead. " Ahead of them, towards the top of this ruined castle that was Inquiry's Fall, there was a shining bright light at the spire of this castle. That was their goal now.

1674026841329.png

Kalina, Iberis and Hope would find themselves being flung out of the cracked castle that was Inquiry's Fall. Flying out into the wastes of the dead, they would land in the ashy sand. " You three. Hear my voice. If you seek passage out of this realm safely and alive. Bring me Renee. ALIVE. If you want to leave with no qualms to me. She brought you each here, whether it be willingly or not. The book she carries is required as well. " The voice spoke to the three of them. " Answer now. Do not waste my time with meaningless questions or suggestions. " Around the three, bodies were flying into the ground, undead corpses would hit the ground all around them and rolling around. The one most easily identified was Naberius with his golden body that flew into the closest mountain, landing on the side of the massive rock. Undead began to rise all around the three, slowly. There was about thirteen undead beginning to rise, they were far away enough to not be threats at the moment. The three would then see a shining at the top of Inquiry's Fall, at the top. At the spire of the nearly destroyed castle. That would be their goal. Unless they decided to track Renee down and deliver her like the voice spoke that revealed to be Renee's master.

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter | Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

The undead fell to her blade, almost easier than expected, which was great. She didn't like slaying these foul reeking things, after all. She was a bit surprised when someone suddenly started talking. However, when Renee recognised the voice, Kalina managed to put two and two together. “Wait, is this that master of yours you told me I shouldn't meet all the way back when we first met?” She wouldn't get a reply though, as she was thrown out of the castle. She landed into the ashy sand with an “Oomph..” As she accidentally breath in some sand and started coughing. Gross.

The book then told them to bring her Renee, but well... “Weren't you the one who threw us all away from her mere moments ago?” She probably wasn't, but Kalina wanted to do exactly what the 'voice' didn't want her to do; namely to waste her time. “How the fuck do you want us to capture her if you fling us all the way out of the castle?” She hoped she was [Roguish] enough to make it work. Either, she got up and dusted herself off a bit, looking to Hope and Iberis. “Are the two of you okay?”

As she said it, she clicked her tongue at the rain of undead. “Gross.” All the splattered undead ruined her appetite. That didn't change when the bastards started to rise again. She displayed a feint smile when she saw a shining at the top of the tower. “I'll race you guys to the top~ If you lose, you'll both own me a drink of my choice, if you win, I'll buy the two of you a round. You two in?” She said, although she would only give them a brief amount of time to respond, as she was quick to go full [Stealth Mode] and start sneaking her way upwards.

B-Grade Cooldowns: (0/4)
Stealth Mode: – Stealth B, Concealment F, Disguise F – Character quickly hides away and (where needed) disguises and conceals any traces of them having been somewhere. - Grade B – 4 Post Cooldown.
E-Grade Cooldowns: (1/1)
F-Grade Cooldowns: (1/1)

[Roguish] - Character's actions can be seen as sly and crafty at times, they are not to be fully trusted yet come off as a very trustworthy person.

Iberis Odhir
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse RavenSong RavenSong

Iberis was hoping they could have taken the fire undead down but stuff quickly started to get crazy as they were attacking the onslaught of undead, but then there was that voice again but it wasn't the same from before. So she had been alive? Would this not have meant the voice lied to her too? But then there was the fact was Renee actually holding her back? The idea had crossed her mind on more than one occasion that she was just being used by Renee after being spoken too. But before she knew it she found herself being magically flung somehow all the way out of the castle causing her heart and mind to race then and there as if she was moments away from death, it was all happening so quickly. Unfortunately for Iberis even if she decided then and there that she would betray Renee this position made it marginally more difficult. And between Kalina and Hope who she was now with it seemed unlikely that they would want to partake in a betrayal for power, not that Iberis did at the moment but had she been with the right group at the right time that might have been a very different story. But the fact that there magic alone hadn't been enough collectively made Iberis desire for more, she wanted to destroy being's like Vulm easily by herself truthfully if she desired.

One of the first things Iberis noted after landing, seemingly unharmed was that they were outside now, and there were still undead being flung about around them flying back a distance away. She heard the voice, but didn't speak back focused on the task at hand. She looked between Hope and Kalina as the undead start to rise in the distance.

"Yeah I'm alright sounds like a deal, we better get going like she said, the longer we stay the more dangerous it seems to get." she said seriously, masking a lot of the anxiety or fear she might have otherwise experienced quite well, truthfully they just needed to get out of this dimension now, Iberis thought to herself, she had wanted to snatch something to further her own power but this was proving to be difficult with threats this difficult to take on. But now they had an opening, she figured she'd let Kalina take the lead for now, presuming that Hope was okay, and she started to move as quickly as she could in the same direction that Kalina was headed.

"Hope we should probably stay together, it'll increase the chances of us getting there in one piece." She continued while she was on the move.

43058411-DDDA-45C0-8FD9-800D0E55E74C-3-2.jpeg
Scylla channeled the mana through her being, feeding the watery sphere for it to grow bigger and bigger in size, but this strange undead fire elemental had other tricks up its fiery sleeve. It would manipulate her spell in a way that made it suddenly fail. "Okay, what?" She said sarcastically, then preparing to defend herself from an incoming fire attack, Scylla quickly raised her staff for a defensive spell. But suddenly, an explosion of a voice came down on everyone.

Scylla threw her hands over her ears. "EEEEEK!!" She shrieked. "Keep it down in there!!" She complained, as she knocked on her head a bit with her knuckle, then the voice would begin to reveal many things. Namely, things regarding Renee she didn't know about, that she probably would have been better off not knowing. "Wait. Renee? Is what she saying actually true?!" She asked, her eyes widening with surprise. But before she could continue, the entire building began to shatter, namely the roof to where the other in the party would suddenly be thrown out towards, while Scylla suddenly, somehow lost her footing and was sent further into the castle. "WHHHHOOOOAAAA!!" She'd grab onto Arthurs face but quickly let go when she noticed it was him before finally hitting the ground, bouncing off Renee and landing on top of Arthur. When Scylla opened her eyes, all she could see was Arthurs face. "WHOOPS!" She exclaimed before scrambling to get off of him as quickly as possible. Then dusting herself off, she'd listen to the the voice but generally ignoring it. Then she looked at Arthur and rolled her eyes, "Yeah, Renee's mentor is such a poor match maker. Like, there is no way me and you would ever work! Pfft!" Then she'd turn towards Renee. "Yeah I'm totally fi-"

Then a burning, fiery sound emitted nearby. "Could that still be-" She gasped. Followed up by the sound of bones and groaning from underneath their feet. Arthur was already loading his weapons, and he actually got her name right! Glancing at the gunslinger, "Hm. Yeah, okay, sure. Renee, my dear, please allow me to show you how much I've learned!" Scylla's crimson eyes would gaze up towards the spire before facing the undead before them. She'd raise her staff, the crescent moon like gem would glow, charging as the staff filled up with concentrated mana, an elemental wind would make her clothes sway, "With a bang and a BOOM!" Suddenly a burst of lightning and fire would emit from her staff, injuring the first five it would come into contact with.

• Lightning Fire Magic Affinity E - Fire affinity E - Lightning Affinity F - Magic Targets E - Focus E - Energized E - Upon reciting an incantation Scylla focuses her elemental abilities to send fire and lightning bolts of elemental magic. -Grade E - 2 Post Cooldown

Spells being flung all around, her magic disintegrating whatever had the misfortune of being in its way, and her heart pounding what felt like a million beats a second; Hope was beginning to feel something new. It felt like she'd just jumped out of a plane! Or rode in one of those rollercoasters back home! So great! So exhilarating. "Come on..." Hope mumbled, small arcs forming in her eyes as her hands charged yet another spell, "This is what y'all wanted, right?" She edged closer to the balcony, the same rush coursing through her as she stared down all the undead. All the willing fodder. "Oh, and there's plenty more where that came from!"

Or so she thought, another booming voice breaking her focus before she could cast another spell. Hope eye's flared as she looked exasperatedly for the source. There was always something trying to intervene, butting in when she was just starting to feel great. She already knew what to do to that woman behind that voice. And it would be all deserved. "Lady, I don't care about your goddamn goals!" Hope yelled, "Show yourself and-" The words caught in her throat as she felt the floor crumble beneath her, and not a second later, she was falling.

This had to be the third time in this life she'd fallen from someplace high, Hope realized. She didn't like it. And neither did her face when she landed face-first into grey sand, sobering her of that delightful feeling almost instantly. "O-Oww..." She flipped onto her back to see the undead raining from the sky and hear Kalina call out somewhere beside her. Hope sighed in relief; at least she wasn't alone. "I-I'm alive..." Hope replied meekly, pushing herself off the sand and wiping it off her garments. She saw Iberis had made the landing too. And so did that demanding voice.

"Piss off," Hope responded, just audible enough for the interloper to hear, "How's that for a suggestion?"

She wasn't even going to bother to think of its request. Sure, Renee was Renee, but giving her to some spooky lady's voice was the last thing she was going to do. Plus, Renee wouldn't have either. She'd never betray her like that. That she was sure of.

Where to go next, however, she wasn't. Until Kalina and Iberis suggested wandering over to the tower in the distance, that is. "Sure, lead the way," She said, rubbing a sore spot on her face, "Oh, and sorry, but can we skip drinks? I just turned twenty, you see, and-" But Kalina was already gone, and Iberis followed in her stead. Hope broke into a run after them, hand holding her hat's brim, "H-Hey! Wait for me!"

Ruins of Inquiry's Fall
1674369877922.png

Renee Nyx
1674370034694.png

Renee growled looking up at the corpses that began to form around her, the witch was very unhappy with what was happening. She looked to Scylla who asked if what her master was saying was true, " No! It's not! She is nothing more than a lying snake trying to divide us. " Renee hissed, she was obviously stressed and rageful with what was transpiring. It was like fighting a force of nature at this point. " You beginning to realize, Renee? You cannot defeat me you fool. " The voice spoke before laughing evilly. " I will bury you and this poor pathetic coven you've created. Nothing more than a few street rats you've managed to corral with your lofty ideas of giving them power. They show no promise. " The voice taunted. " This is what you wanted right? An unwinnable situation for them so you can rise above them. Try to come up on top. To show this ridiculous coven that you know what you are doing. There is no winning here, Nyx. Not while I control the aspects of this world. " The voice continued taunting as the laughter began. Renee's mood darkened as she stared up at the glowing spire at the top of the tower. " There is one thing you have no control over. " Renee smirked as she pulled out the journal that was the Codexius Choaxirs, " The Codex of Death! " She laughed. " That's why you can't touch us. Why you can't physically kill us, my old master. " Renee taunted back now. " This is what counters your existence. It's why you want this! " Renee yelled. " And it's what I used to give each of us here a mark of protection. Before Dahak was killed, he told us that anyone with this mark would be safe. Now you can't summon your most powerful beasts. " Renee roared. " You have no power in stopping us. It's why I believe the others aren't dead either. Your power can't throw them like you did with these undead. " Renee smirked as she placed the codex back into her bag. " Try and stop me, Master. "

Of course, this course of taunting was a bad idea. " Oh? " The voice had changed to a more serious and calmer demeanor, for all to hear. " You think I can't kill you because I can't touch you? You are surrounded by an army of undead. The Blue Viscera Occult, a movement that's been around long before any of you and before me. If they want their freedom, then they will earn it by tearing your skulls out of your heads. " The voice stated. It was obvious what was going to transpire next. Each undead had their eyes set on this group of Renee's. While Arthur was getting his weapon ready, he was smiling at Scylla, " If you really wanted to be by my side, you had to only ask. Instead of laying on top of me when you got the chance. At least make you dinner before you try to make the first move. " Arthur teased the witch in training. Once Renee finally got a hold of herself and placed herself back in their situation, Renee heard Scylla begging to prove herself in which Renee nodded. " Show me, apprentice. Show me what you can do. " Renee readied her own journal with a smile. As the undead came forth towards the three, Scylla's mix of electricity and fire bursted forth as it zapped the first few undead that was in their path. Turning each undead into ash and cinders. " You're improving, Scylla. Keep it up. " Renee stated in a serious tone. She thought about ending both Scylla and this new castaway Arthur right here, right now. Make a break for the shining spire and do what she wanted but Renee would need the two of them and sighed instead.

Arthur fired off his weapon, clearing out undead behind them to prevent the walking corpses from reaching the three of them. But just as the three would be able to advance, around the corner would walk Vulm, the Undying Flame, his blackened flames following after him as he swung his massive burning mace. Although the flames felt cold as he was now much closer to the three of them. It may have been so cold it burned. While Vulm did not speak, he stood there for a few moments staring at them before slamming his mace on the concrete floors and moving forward towards the three, little fire sprites came from the massive mace he wielded and followed after him, although as he passed by the ashy corpses of the undead, the little flaming sprites would enter the piles and sprang back to life would be the corpses, forming into Ash Spawns as they followed after Vulm, ashy humanoid figures with glowing dots for eyes and their shoulders burning with hot flames. Vulm would revive five of the corpses and have them in front of him. Vulm pointed at the three and the ashy figures ran forward at them. They had to weapons but they had their hands as weapons and fire on their side.

1674374877673.png1674374918281.png

1674374897599.png

" You are brought out here for the sole purpose of negotiation or death you tiny minded fools. " The voice spoke to Kalina, Hope and Iberis with an angry and serious tone. Although with Kalina's [Roguish] title it would possibly work. She would feel a strange feeling on her throat like something was trying to choke her but it quickly faded away. " Less you want to be overwhelmed with the Blue Viscera. I suggest you do as I say. Your lofty and meaningless words won't soften me, vampire. " This master's of Renee sounded rather similar to how she spoke. But with Hope's clear disobedience, the voice went quiet before it spoke again. " You'll be sorry then, Shadow Fae. " The voice chuckled as there was a creaking of metal behind the three and when they looked, they would see the golden giant that was Naberius being ripped from the mountain by a unknown force before being chucked towards the three.

Although it missed them and landed in front of them, as quickly as it landed, it stood up. Naberius, the mighty golden giant stood in their way despite being close to Inquiry's Fall. " Hello, Vampire. " Naberius growled in a deep voice as his axe was ripped from his back and was held tightly in his hand. " I knew you smelled familiar. You were there. Ruined Dahak's plan of a Infinite Necrotic Source. My source for infinite power. " Naberius clenched his fist tightly, hearing the creaks of gold. " While I care not if you lot live, I care if my flock are still undead. The Codex. Get me to it, or I will turn your bodies into my puppets. " Naberius promised the three. He turned his head to see the other two, " The witch's lackeys. She'll betray you like she betrayed the vampire. I am surprised she saved Dahak. Useless and helpful as he is. " Naberius cackled dryly. " She is to not be trusted. But I offer you a deal to save your own skins. Accept it. "

Naberius
1674376039496.png

Kalina Chivernu
Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter | Iberis TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Hope The Last Curse The Last Curse

Kalina clicked her tongue in annoyance, as her attempt to stealth away was apparently meaningless. Those bloody witches and their realm-controlling magic stuff. She wasn't really eager to strike up a conversation with Naberius either. Her annoyance showed in how she'd address him. “Welcome back, golden boy.” She sighed deeply when yet another person command her to do shit for them. “Oh, fuck off, you're the third in line for that blasted book and you just joined the long line of folks that threatened to kill for it. Besides, if there's anyone I'm expecting to betray us, it'd be you.”

Deciding to just get things over with, she'd suddenly move from merely talking to aiming a Sneak Attack straight at Naberius. After all, the latter had admitted to a weakness. If he needed Dahak to create an infinite source of necrotic power, it meant his own source was finite, so they could kill him by making it run out. Jamming her rapier through his chest might be a good start to that. She'd back off immediately afterwards, hoping to get back out of his striking range before he'd good and well notice what had just occurred, so that she could first observe the damage she'd done to see how to proceed next.

B-Grade Cooldowns: (1/4)
C-Grade Cooldowns: (0/3)
Sneak Attack: – Appraisal D, Darkvision F, Stealth C, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade C – 3 Post Cooldown.
E-Grade Cooldowns: (2/2)
F-Grade Cooldowns: (0/1)

Iberis Odhir

Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter Elvario Elvario The Last Curse The Last Curse

Had Iberis been alone she might have entertained the idea of listening to this undead. She even heard the words of the powerful one once more, but as far as Iberis was concerned she had already been lied too by this figure meaning it would be difficult moving forwards. She didn't respond to the words in her head. She had already made it clear to the voice earlier that she was potentially open to the idea, but things were not panning out as to let her act out and attempt to kill Renee while she was vulnerable even if she had wanted to carry out the deed. Instead it looked like Kalina was jumping into action to attack Naberius. Necrotic energy? Iberis wished she could tap into something like that to power her own magic. Granted she wasn't sure if someone alive could make use of it without it being extremely dangerous to them, but it should be possible. It didn't seem like the voice was capitalizing on that, surely she could have put Iberis in a more prime position to betray Renee, so for now she was going to work through it and help everyone else.

"Hope I'm moving in and engaging." She said quickly before moving forward as fast as she could.
Iberis moved so that her beam would be in range, before pausing moving her staff in the circular motion, before the red circle appeared once more with the moving symbols and a red beam of arcane energy shot forth after Kalina's attack if Iberis could get close enough , aiming for the torso of Naberius with Energy Stream much like she had for Vulm earlier.

Actions:
Move towards Naberius
2.Move in range of Naberius again if needed
3. Cast Energy Stream on Naberius towards torso.

Energy Stream- Magic Affinity D, Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range E, Magic Targeting F, Energized D,Focus D- A more focused advanced attack than a simple Mana strike, Iberis focuses a red concentrated beam of energy from her staff to use offensively against a target up to 30 ft away,- Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown (Energized)

Hope stopped in her tracks and stared dumbfoundedly as Naberius made his sudden reappearance. And yet again, he started to lay down his demands. Hope's fist clenched, and her other hand immediately drifted to her catalyst. Did these guys know anything about negotiating? It was always compliance or death. As if it'd worked for them before the spooky voice threw her out of the castle. It was getting grating. Why couldn't they try something else? "You know," Hope said frustratedly, raising her eyes to meet the giant's visage, "If you want something from someone, you don't threaten to kill them. Twice." She shook her head in disbelief, "Until you get that through your head, I think we'll be going. And you'll be moving."

Hope already knew what was going to happen next. Kalina had already moved forward to strike, and Iberis pushed past, conjuring a spell. Hope fell in behind, moving up alongside her, "Right behind ya, Iberis," She shut her eyes, channeling her magic into a giant orb and charging it with debilitating, crackling chaotic energy, "Let's see if we can't teach him a little lesson..." She said before launching [Anarchy - D] at Naberius, concentrating its power solely on injuring him.

• Anarchy] - Chaos Affinity F + Shadow Affinity F + Magic D + Magic Range E + Magic Targets E + Energized D + Selective Magic E + Magic AoE F + Homing F + Flare F (Vision) + Continuing F - Hope twists her shadow magic with mind-numbing chaos, forming a giant black sphere that seeks its target and explodes in a 15ft radius on impact. Afterward, it releases 9 smaller spheres that also seek out the nearest enemy. Targets struck take will also continuous damage for 1 post and have their vision obscured. With Selective Magic, certain targets can be rendered immune to the attack. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown

Scylla looked at Arthur for a moment, her facing getting hot from embarrassment. "Yeah alright, I deserve that. Maybe if we make it out of here I'll make you a cake. Then you can go far far away!" She rolled her eyes, before then commencing her previous attack.

After doing so, she looked over to Renee, hoping it was to her standards. When her teacher approved, it made her light up, but only on the inside. She didn't want to show that she was absolutely delighted, Renee wasn't exactly one to coddle much less to appreciate jubilation.

Little did Scylla know of Renee's dark thoughts to annihilate them, however Scylla did notice her sigh. Which was a little odd. "Is.. something up?" Maybe being here and finding out her old master was still alive was weighing immensely on her teachers psyche. Thinking to maybe bring her some comfort she thought of a few ideas.

She'd then glance over towards the front, the blighted elemental known as Vulm stood there. Scylla scoffed, "Ugh.. this one just doesn't quit does he?" Annoyed as she then turned back towards Renee. "Master, how about we channel our magic together to take this one down?" Scylla offered her hand to the high witch, taking it into hers. Being so highly magic sensitive Scylla could feel the immense power welled within her Master. "My spells are at your command." She said assuredly.

Whatever spell Renee decided to use, Scylla would contribute to the barrage with her own magics.

Perhaps it was the fiery rage that made itself into Scyllas psyche, but the witch thought to use water to put out the potential explosive magics encapsulated within the undead fiery bodies. However, Renee's rage influenced her choice of spell when she decided to mix both fire and water elemental magics. She'd draw out a spiral with theta of her staff towards her targets, before a fiery seal appeared behind her, effectively mixing both spell types together, sending pressurized burning hot water at the charging corpses.
  • Scalding Water Blast - Magic Affinity C - Water Affinity F - Fire Affinity E - Magic Targets E (5 Targets) - Scylla the witch combines her elemental fire and water magics to create an experimental spell that burns with water. - Grade C - 3 Post Cooldown

Ruins of Inquiry's Fall
1674883974608.png

Renee stared at the entity walking slowly towards the three, Vulm held a hand out to both Scylla and Renee. Renee had a serious look upon her face seeing these ashy undead following after Vulm. " Enough, Scylla. Do not underestimate this one. These undead have been alive for a long and for a good reason. They are serious about killing us. " Renee stated as fact. Her journal floated next to Renee as the text within glowed brightly, Renee felt energy surge through her body as she pointed two fingers at the Ashy undead. Lightning exploded forth as it flew through the air crackling with power and rage. Connecting with the ash and through their bodies including Vulm. [Magic B, Lightning C, Range C, Targets C]

Lightning cracked through their fragile bodies as Scylla's boiling water washed over the ashy corpses. With a mix of lightning and water, the ash disintegrated into the air. Into nothingness as they had become less than nothing. Vulm remained standing where he was, affected by Renee's lightning as the electricity flowed through his body, keeping him still for a few moments as he lifted his head again. With a hollow and raspy sigh, Vulm swing his flaming mace across his body with spewed darkened flames at Renee and Scylla similar to a wave. Scylla's water would meet with the freezing flames, the intense coldness of the flames would be felt by the three. The combination of hot water and cold fire created a reaction of explosions, blowing the three backwards further into the ruins with a deafening boom. Renee would hit the ground with a huff, looking up quickly she would see that Vulm was unaffected and was making his way forward, the dark flames reaching towards the three living beings, hungry for the flesh of the living.

Arthur stood up letting out a roar as he unloaded his machine gun into Vulm, who's flames was protecting himself. Arthur marched forward as he fired each bullet into Vulm only for the flames to render them useless. Although Arthur ran out of ammo and unloaded his empty clip then added a new one but that would be his downfall. Vulm's hand reached out to the young man and grasped his throat tightly, Vulm lifted the man off the ground as Arthur had released his gun holding onto the hand of Vulm, Renee and Scylla would see that Arthur touching Vulm's hand had caused his skin to begin to decay and turn white. He was uttering pain filled groans and noises while Vulm's flames were stationed around Arthur's head.

A strand of glowing dew flowed from Arthur's head and into the flames where it disintegrated into nothingness. Arthur's body that was twitching and kicking around slowly became still as Vulm tossed Arthur to the side and into the ruins where his face revealed, to be nothing but a sunken and hollow face, like a skeleton with decayed skin on it. Vulm let out a heavy breath as his flames grew stronger and bigger for a moment before Vulm calmed himself. He pointed at Scylla next, she would be his next victim.

1674886587737.png

Naberius easy caught Kalina by her hand, her rapier barely touching his armor. " You are quick. But that's about all of a compliment I can give. " His icy claw then in a instant clamped down into a fist, breaking Kalina's hand completely. " But weak your fragile body is. You won't be needing this arm I suppose. " Naberius tossed his axe into the air with his other hand before catching it and swinging it low then upwards in a arc. The golden blade cut into flesh and bone, allowing scarlet to splash into the air while limb was separated into two. Naberius' axe swung through Kalina's arm at her elbow, severing it into two. Naberius chuckled as he tossed the hand and rapier behind him.

Although with the combined might of Hope and Iberis, their magics were enough to catch Naberius at a surprise. Their combine magic hit him and knocked him backwards, causing him to skid backwards. " You insolent weaklings! " Naberius roared, although his voice had changed now, a lot more high pitch and sneaky sounding. Naberius' armor was replaced by robes while his bloody ace was replaced with one long bloody hand.

Auldlich
1674887321393.png

" How dare you strike me! " It was Auldlich, one of Naberius' allies in disguise. " You fools couldn't even see a simple disguise such as that one. I knew you were blind but I never would have thought you would be brave. Especially the bumbling buffoon that is the Shadow Fae. I've been watching you for a while now. Your quiet and mild nature mixed with your awkwardness. " Auldlich's smile creeped across his face with white eyes staring at her. " Oh yes... You are just ripe for the picking to become one of my Homunculus. The little witch girl is of no concern. Just a girl with wild dreams being lead down a pathway of deceit. The vampire is dry and boring, especially since she just lost her arm. But you have potential, Shadow Fae. Or Hope. Such a inspirational name. Once you're mine, I'll name you Despair to spread my plague of fear into the hearts of the living. To become a Harbinger of the Blue Viscera. Reclaim our home. " Auldlich spoke.

" I can see it...! Our home finally going to be ours. Ryke. " Auldlich held his hands up smiling. " A vision of grandeur and prosperity. " Auldlich looked back down at the three. " Of course, that will happen in due time, Despair. " Auldlich chuckled, " Give up this ridiculous named Shadow Fae or you can be turned into braindead puppets if you prefer? We do want to avoid conflict if we can, but if you do not comply, you two will be killed. Your arm has been claimed. Your life will be next. " Auldlich stated with a evil smile. His arm has been cracked by Hope's and Iberis' magics. Auldlich's arms were close to his body, ready for their next move. But they did have a chance to possibly attack the Lich and see if they could injure him more or kill him.

Kalina Chivernu

“Fucking bitch!” Kalina cried out as her hand first got broken, after which her arm got cut off by the elbow. It hurt like a bitch, but how could it not? It was her bloody arm that got cut off. Although Kalina wasn't in much of a state to notice it, her attacks had at least allowed Hope's and Iberis' combined attacks to pierce through. As he was knocked back, Kalina figured now was the moment to retreat, deciding she'd better await a better moment to attack again. Even so, adrenaline rushed through her veins and with it came an immense feeling of hatred towards this being and a desire to annihilate him from existence itself.

That opportunity to try getting vengeance came earlier than expected, as the undead, after revealing his true nature, started a monologue. Kalina smirked. Bastard would get it. She silently clenched through the pain as she drew her spare rapier. Good thing she ordered an extra one form that artisan. She hadn't expected to need it this soon, but here they were. Although she'd have to stab with her left hand, she was sure she could still put a fair bit of force behind it, especially considering Auldlich didn't seem to be expecting it. Making her way behind him, she'd attack his back with a [Sneak Attack D combined with a Precision Strikes Style E], ramming her spare rapier into him as much as she could. “Now!” She'd yell immediately after stabbing him, hoping that Hope and Iberis would be able to make use of the moment to strike as well.

Afterwards, she'd have to retreat again, as she felt a bit light-headed. Blood-loss issues already? With the realisation came the thirst. She'd have to try stop loosing so much blood or she'd lose herself to her thirst in an attempt to replenish it. However, the adrenaline and anger kept her going for now, as that was pretty much all that allowed her to even manage to go in for a second attack after the shock of having her arm cut off. That, and perhaps the psychopathic parts of her brain still being monster enough to feel an overwhelming hatred to see this thing that dared harming her suffer a long and painful death.

Regeneration timer: (4/5 posts left)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (2/4)
C-Grade Cooldowns: (1/3)
D-Grade Cooldowns: (0/2)
Sneak Attack: – Appraisal D, Darkvision F, Stealth D, Concealment F – Character uses their stealth and concealment to stay hidden while using their appraisal and darkvision to find the best moment of opportunity to suddenly strike at a target from the shadows, making it much more difficult to dodge or counter the attack. - Grade D – 2 Post Cooldown.
E-Grade Cooldowns: (0/1)
Precision Strikes Style: – Fighting Style [Precision Strikes] E, Accurate F, Penetrating F, Range F – Character strikes at a target accurately and with the full force of the fighting style. Accurate F - the technique makes it so the target's speed is treated as though it were reduced by 1 letter grade. Amount reduces increases by 1 grade each time technique is upgraded.
- Grade E – 1 Post Cooldown.
F-Grade Cooldowns: (0/0)

Reveling in the synchronization of their magic, Hope reached to put an affirming hand on Iberis' shoulder. "Nice!" She exclaimed cheerfully, eyes flaring in intensity, "Come on, Iberis, you're doing great! One more time!" Hope nodded her head excitedly. Fighting like this felt great! Like she could take on the entire world! Maybe it was just the adrenaline, but who knew teaming up could be this fun? "Alright! Let's g-" Her words drifted off as soon as she'd brought her eyes back to the battlefield. Kalina's arm had been severed. Hope felt her stomach heave. Suddenly, the fight didn't feel so much fun anymore. Now it was personal again.

But before she could cast another spell, Hope watched as Naberius morphed into something else. It was another one of those oversized zombies she'd seen in the castle, still spewing nonsense about Ryke. And about "recruiting" her as a Homonculus. The thought made her feel slimy. The bastard just maimed and insulted her friends, and now it wanted her to join its creepy club? And then try to erase her name? It definitely had some brain damage after that fall.

"Hey, fantastic offer and all, but I'm gonna tell you exactly what I told that voice," Hope replied, her eyes narrowing into slits. But just as soon as she began to finish her sentence, she heard Kalina shout from behind Auldlich, presenting another golden opportunity. Hope still couldn't comprehend how easily that woman could just disappear, but that hardly mattered now. She had a feeling it was time to take a different angle. "Iberis," Hope muttered, tapping the smaller witch on her shoulder, "I'm moving on your left. We'll hit em' again, okay?"

With that said, Hope ran diagonally from Iberis, positioning herself on Auldlich's left flank. She held up her hands, channeling her magic into several black orbs of [Unfettered Chaos], and sent each spiraling after him.

• [Unfettered Chaos] - Affinity (Chaos) F + Magic Range F + Magic Targets F + Magic E + Continuing F + Homing F + Energized E + Selective E + AoE F - Hope concentrates her magic into five unstable globs of chaos, which home at targets within 30ft, exploding in a 15ft radius on impact and dealing continuous damage. It can be manipulated to avoid harming certain targets. - 0 post cooldown - Grade E

Iberis Odhir
Mentions: The Last Curse The Last Curse Elvario Elvario Skyhunter Skyhunter
Iberis was rather pleased to hear Hope's praise. She was quite a nice one so far from what Iberis could tell, and she rather enjoyed seeing what Hope could cast next. She hoped that once they got through all of this she'd get to talk to the shadow fae more since she didn't know her terribly well at the moment, particularly with the way that they had been splitting up into groups. She nodded, and just as she was about to jump into action with Hope once again she saw Kalina's arm get severely injured. She had not been expecting that, but it was large undead they were dealing with. Oh there we go again Iberis thought to herself, someone else talks about how she is just being used by Renee, there had yet to be an offer that was compelling as she certainly was going to subjugate herself, but she also knew that responding to the undead in an reactionary way was all that it wanted.

Well she wasn't about to give it what it wanted, and killing Renee for anyone would take a lot of temptation beyond what anyone had offered her so far, as far as she was concerned working with her was more beneficial than not at the moment. And there was the fact she had taken a genuine liking to her, and had yet to actually take another living person's life, but she knew if the time came Renee would not be expecting her to do the deed, the only way to do it would be if she was caught off guard. Iberis nodded when Hope tapped her, and spoke her piece. She really hoped that Kalina was okay, she felt a bit better knowing that she was a vampire and all who could probably take the damage better than a human, but still she was someone that she liked too, which only emboldened Iberis.

"Right ,then I'm going in on the other side." She said quickly back before she moved as quickly as she could towards the opposite direction of Hope figuring it'd better their chances of one of them at least not getting hit with a retaliation if this didn't all work out in their favor. If she could move in range without getting hit this time she'd stop quickly and move her staff in a zig zag shape once more building the red energy, before she fired off a red Energy Bolt at the undead figure, trying to get another team up bonus with Hope, showing some resentment and conviction in her face as she did the deed, this was in revenge for Kalina.

Energy Bolt- Magic Affinity E Arcane Affinity F, Magic Range F, Magic Targeting F, Energized E, Focus E -A more refined more powerful variation of Mana strike, Iberis sends forth a bolt of energy to strike a single target up to 10 ft away. Grade E - 0 Post Cooldown (Energized)

"Wh- What do you mean Renee?! I.. Its not like I want to smother them with my love!" She protested at her mentor who seemed to think she was taking it easy on them. Distracted she hadn't noticed Arthur being seriously injured until he heard his screams. Scylla's eyes widened and hurriedly spun to look at him, the witch would reach a hand out towards him. Frozen still with the horror about to transpire before her eyes.

"Arthur, NO!!" Scylla shrieked as their new companion's facial features were ripped right off of his skull. Scylla whimpered, breathing shallowly and heavily in a bit of a panic at the frightfully horrible sight before her. Only to be suddenly surprised, as the creature known as Vulm launched her and Renee into the air, knocked back by the creatures demonic powers. The witch would fall, spinning backwards a few times before landing with a "OOF!" before quickly getting up to her feet. "I'll show you, madam Renee." She muttered under her breath before charging her short staff. This time she attempted something a bit different. Attempting a mixture of spells in her mind she managed to creature a spell seal, which would make itself visible behind her as she closed her eyes and focused on the rune words in her thoughts. Visualizing how the spell would take form, her hands came up as if with a mind of their own, letting the mana coursing through her body almost do as it desired until it came time to give it form. Taking a bit from Renee's methods, she drew upon a different type of lightning spell.

"Sanctenis Conjurium." She recited the rune word that came to mind, as a flash of raw lightning magic crackled in her hands, it was incredibly untamed due to the nature of the spell. The lightning bolts seemingly wanting to escape Scylla's grasp, they sizzled the air around her making her hair stand up on end as the magic began to take its more conventional form. "Static Shock!" suddenly, the sizzling magic took to the ground with a blast that sent Scylla back a few steps, traveling like hungry snakes the elemental lightning flew up through the creature Vulm, then back before suspending itself in the air. The lighting bolts surrounding the demon as the magic seized to paralyze Vulm. Due to the nature of this spell it would also attempt to weaken the demon.

• Static Shock - Magic affinity C - Magic Targets E (5) - Lightning Affinity F - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Energized E - Weaken F [Strength]- Focus E - Super charges the air around a target, paralyzing the victim. - Grade E - 1 Cooldown

Ruins of Inquiry's Fall
1675087951540.png

Renee Nyx
Renee_Shackles.png

Renee had watched as Vulm, this never-ending nightmare of an undead, collect Arthur's soul and devour it into his flames, Renee didn't feel any sympathy or apathy for the man, she hadn't even talked to him and just met him. But as far as she knew, he was another problem taken care of. But it also gave Renee time to think of a plan on dealing with Vulm and his cold as death fire. Right now, she didn't care much arguing with Scylla at the moment, survival and beating her master was the objective. Vulm was just another hurdle for her to jump over. Although at least Scylla was much more of an asset than that Arthur was, the flirting between the two was annoying the witch. Although as Scylla took the lead on the attack on Vulm, Renee smirked following her lead. She respected her apprentice for her brashness and willingness to keep up and even try to outshine herself.

Renee's journal was floating beside her as mana rushed through her body and in her right hand it was burning hot with intense flame, Renee's eyes widen with ferocity and anger. Scylla would unleash her attack first on Vulm, electricity would crackle on unleash upon the approaching undead, the static shock would try to be blocked by Vulm's mace, but it instead only amplified it due to the mace being metal. Vulm's entire body would surge with the electricity as he was stuck in place, arms spread out as he tried to move. Now was the chance to show this undead his own hubris Renee was thinking. Smiling at the thought of destroying Vulm, Renee summoned a great flame in her hand that was a small globe of intense flame [Blazing Globe D.] She then swung her arm in a arc as the small globe similar to a river rock was launched at Vulm before it grew in size to the size of a chair, a ring of flames surrounding it as it crashed into Vulm while exploding into a great inferno. Vulm was thrown backwards into the ruins, crashing through a broken wall and being buried in rubble.

• Blazing Globe - D - Magic Affinity D, Energized D, Fire Affinity E, Magic Range E, Magic AOE E: Casting a fireball of sorts to fly at an area up to 30 feet, exploding in a 30-foot radius. 1 Post Cooldown.

Renee took a deep breath and sighed smiling. " Not bad, Scylla. Your magic has gotten better recently. Keep it up and you'll be on my level. " The witch stated smiling at her apprentice. She then continued walking, passing Arthur's decrypted body on the ground that had been completely hollowed out by Vulm. " Come on, Scylla. We got to get up to that bright spire at the top. " Renee pointed at the top. " That will be our way out. We will meet with the others along the way. " Although Renee wasn't even sure if they were still in these ruins of the once be castle. Or even alive. At this point, that did not matter. What mattered was getting out of here and being able to destroy her old master. The book held the secret, thanks to Dahak showing Renee what it could do. It finally made sense what it was capable of doing. It could possibily tear this realm asunder. This book was the answer! Renee pulled out the Codexius Choaxirs and stared at the grafted book made of skin. Renee nodded opening it up, she flipped through the pages as she lifted her hand and the pages began to flip open themselves.

Renee laughed just as the pages glowed and the ruins around her and Scylla began to move and float, " I have power over this hold! " Renee roared as she held her hands out, " I am no longer chained and bound to you, My Master! " Renee called as ethereal chained cuffs appeared on Renee's wrists and connected to each other, they moved then broke into nothingess. " You have no control anymore. " Renee spoked quietly looking at the spire. The castle around Renee and Scylla began to rebuild itself in a matter of minutes. Rock, wood and corpses began to mend the great lost castle that was Inquiry's Fall. Eventually the entire castle was rebuilt once more. The Codex would stop glowing and fall onto the floor, Renee fell onto the floor, exhausted. Breathing heavily, she stared at the grafted book. " I will... Defeat you. " Renee spoke through each heavy breath.

1675317792607.png

Auldlich
1675317838782.png

Auldlich stared at the small group, seeing they were planning their attack on him, " What, you think you'll get me because I am not such a major threat? " Auldlich asked. " I may not be as terrifying as Naberius and Vulm, but I can guarantee I am much crueler than either one of them. " Auldlich stated with an eerie smile, " But I shall go along with your little game. Humor you cute little specimens in the meantime. " The four-armed bishop crossed his arms staring at Hope and Iberis once they initialized their plan. Although Auldlich's smile disappeared realizing that one was missing. " Where is the little vampire at? They're usually supposed to be stronger than she was, using blood magics and such. " He then sniffed the air and smelled the dead blood of Kalina, " There you are... " Auldlich chuckled as he side stepped from Kalina's attack grabbing her good arm again. " Are you so daft and angry that you'd think I wouldn't be able to smell you coming? Sneaky little rogue. Didn't have a contingency plan did you now? " Kalina was lifted into the air by her one arm as she would feel a sharp pain in her back along with seeing a splash of blood in front of her arms, the pain moved to her chest. Looking, Kalina would see the arm of Auldlich sticking through her chest.

" So pathetic, so weak, so boring. " Auldlich ripped his arm out of Kalina and tossed her to the side just as Iberis and Hope unleashed their attacks again on Auldlich. He sure loved to talk, the combined attack of Iberis and Hope struck deep into the tall lich, knocking him backwards across the sands on the ground. He growled and whimpered, " Ah.... You damn fools... Do you have any idea who I am!? " He yelled as he began to slowly pick himself up off the ground, a dark shadow loomed underneath him. Kalina, despite having been embarrassed twice with her arm being chopped off and an arm driven through her chest. She could still move but just barely. " You are fools to think you could try and take on a Member of the Blue Viscera Occult Council. " Auldlich growled as he got onto his knees, his armor and face were cracked due to Iberis' and Hope's teamwork. And addition to Kalina's bodily sacrifice. " Strike me down. So I can return to the shadows. " Auldlich held his arms out for them to finally finish him as he was smiling and staring at the grey and dreary sky.

Although as the bishop had surrendered himself to death, the castle in the back that was Inquiry's Fall, nothing more than a ruin, had begun to reform and take shape again with the walls and wood floating into the air and melding into the shape of a castle once more. Into Inquiry's Fall. The massive castle had been rebuilt, but by who? They could leave Auldlich and help Kalina then move to the castle, or they could kill Auldlich. Whatever they wanted to do was up to them. Kalina would survive her wounds thanks to her Regeneration. But something weird was going on at the castle, and they may want to get there and see what is happening.

Hope shrunk back, her eyes constricting in sentiment as Kalina was struck with another one of Vulm's vicious attacks. But just as soon as he tossed Kalina away, her magic connected, and that was that. For a second, she couldn't believe it. The bastard had just given up - just like that! It'd only taken four spells, but he was already on his knees, just waiting for her. Just begging for it.

Hope felt a wave of adrenaline course through her as she clamped a hand over her catalyst. It would've been so easy. Just one more spell; one orb through the head and another through the chest, and it would be over. Then, that delightful feeling would come rushing back again. And it would've been all justified. After all, he'd chosen to fight them, didn't he? She was only defending herself, right? It was all fair game. Who said she couldn't have a wee bit of fun?

The idea sounded so convincing until she looked at the bleeding form of Kalina. With almost half of the woman's arm missing and a sizeable hole through her chest, she wasn't sure how Kalina could still be alive. And rather than checking up on her, she was about to execute a monster. All just for a quick thrill. Hope felt a spike of guilt pierce through her stomach. How could she be so selfish? "Kalina! Oh, I'm so sorry!" Hope shrieked, running up to her comrade and trying to support her with her arms. She tried not to pay attention to the blood. There was so much of it. "Come on, screw this guy! We've gotta get you out of here!"

Hope looked around wildly, and her eyes eventually fell upon the castle, gradually growing in the distance. It wasn't doing that before. Maybe it was the others? If they hadn't fallen out here, then perhaps they were inside. Only one way to find out. "Iberis!" Hope called out, "Forget him. Kalina's hurt; we need to get to the castle!" Carefully, she draped one of Kalina's arms over her shoulder and tried lifting the woman to her feet. While doing so, Hope caught of glance at Audilich, and she realized something. The bastard wouldn't just let them leave. Not without throwing something at them first. She'd have to take care of that.

Shutting her eyes, Hope raised her palms and channeled her magic. She imagined chains, vines, glue, something that could tie the lich down. Then, something clicked, and an aqueous, iridescent black blob of magic flew out of her hands, followed by nine others that homed towards Audilich's arms and legs, aiming to ensnare them in chaotic [Detainment -D]. Hope didn't bother to watch. She was already dragging Kalina towards the newly-formed castle in the distance.

• [Detainment] - Chaos Affinity F + Magic D + Magic Range E + Magic Targets E + Energized E + Selective Magic E + Homing F + Tangle F + Continuing F - Hope sends forth a flurry of homing iridescent projectiles that ensnares a target in a strange, adhesive substance that continuously damages them. With Selective Magic, certain targets can be rendered immune to the attack. - Grade D - 1 Post Cooldown

00AA6830-2CCE-44FF-A0A7-60603F94580A.png

Scylla was panting, almost heaving as the spell she had just fired required an immense amount of concentration. Bewildered she looked where the demon had been thrown and buried. “It.. worked?” She asked with wonder. She was almost convinced that she wouldn’t have made it past this. So this was a very welcome turn of events. A fact that was further affirmed by her mentor Renee who stood nearby looking up towards the spire.

“T-thank you madam Renee, let us depart.” She said with a nod. She fiddled with the coat over her figure, re arranging it to fit more comfortably after being launched away.

The witch wouldn’t delay, as she began to walk after Renee she noticed what remained of Arthur. She looked at him as a sadness began to well within her. She had barely even known him very long.
Taking one of the many bullet shells scattered all over the ground she placed it in her robes, before taking out her handkerchief and pressing the cloth against her eyes. She’d then put the delicate, pink fabric in Arthur’s hand. “I’m so sorry Arthur. Thank you for helping us get past this place. I.. I’ll never forget you.” Before she could explode into a teary eyed fit she ripped herself away from Arthur’s lifeless body and hurried after Renee.

It wasn’t long before they reached the bottom of the castle up ahead. “How do you suppose we’ll get way up there Renee?” Scylla’s bubbly personality beginning to shine through like the sun after a rainy day. However right after she said that, the arch witch was able break some kind of enchantment making the both of them rise above the ground. Scylla would have a hard time not turning upside down. “Uh.. master?” She asked, as the ethereal chains were broken, signifying the breaking of some kind of curse.

The castle suddenly began to reanimate, or reset back to some formal version of it or simply back to what it used to be. Seeing everything upside down was quite the experience for Scylla. Seeing the countless pieces, and corpses fusing together to remake the structure.

“Whooaaa!”

Before long they stopped floating, getting up she looked around as she dusted herself. “Well, that was quite.. something, wasn’t-“ noticing madam Renee exhausted, Scylla helped her up, gently picking her up by the arm. Then upon hearing her words and tone she felt a terrifying chill. The deep hatred she had for her former master was immense, and it would appear she’d stop at nothing to make it happen.

“I’d offer you some cake madam, but.. uhm.. it’s not exactly fresh. Come on, let’s get to that spire hm?” She attempted a smile, which would really come off as too big of a smile. She had a funny way of always, ‘over smiling’ during tense situations.

Iberis Odhir

Mentions: Skyhunter Skyhunter The Last Curse The Last Curse Elvario Elvario

It was almost as if she could hear Renee in her head then and there telling her to kill this being. She could cast a slew of spells on him now and end his life. Every inch of her wanted to kill him after seeing what he did to Kalina, severely injured it was completely up in the air if she would get out of there alive. She didn't want to only want to finish him off, she had a strong desire to do it nice and slowly, target areas she thought that wouldn't be fatal as many times as possible to inflict as much pain on him as possible, now that would have been justice for what he just did to Kalina. So what if they came into this realm looking for power, these beings had assaulted them when they could have made things all so easier.

When she saw Hope having the full opportunity to kill him and not taking it opting to restrain him instead. Iberis realized that she wouldn't have many more opportuntities like this. It was a bit hard to hear Hope and not immediately come running over but before any more big bads showed up Iberis had some business with the bishop she wanted to deal with. "I'll be over in a minute you should get a move on with Kalina." Iberis called back.

For the moment she stayed put keeping a decent distance from the now detained large undead.

"I could strike you down where you stand. In exchange for my mercy, Tell me. I can tell you believe that we'll all die here anyway, wouldn't it be much more pleasing for you if you got to survive and saw the victory that you've all been working towards? The fruits of your labor paying off..coming into my world..the cult's new home Ryke.. even if there's the slightest chance left wouldn't you rather see that after so many years?" She said her voice taking on a much more serious tone, it was probably pretty clear what she was driven by in that moment to the four armed one. With her full range of magic no longer on cool down she really could strike him down. While she spoke hopefully she was being Enticing.

"Tell me how you raised an army like the one we saw earlier, who knows maybe I'll put it to good use one day."

She asked and suggested, teasing the notion further that she wasn't as innocent as she seemed from a surface level. Very much directly asking him how they raised the dead or brought forth those entities she had seen.

[Enticer] character can recognize what others want and hold it out for them to consider. Character is better at reading what others want. If character has an identified want, they have an edge in persuading those that want it. Not all enjoy being manipulated. More likely to offend or anger targets of persuasion that use this method if it doesn't work.

Kalina Chivernu

Considering she was an undead, keeping track her weight had never been too much of a concern to her. However, the sudden loss of a few pounds due to having a gaping hole in her chest did cause her some concern. The pain made it tough to focus on what was going on, but more even than the pain was the thirst. Her vampiric survival instincts were desperate to have her drink blood and heal before she'd pass out from the blood-loss. Angry as she might've been, right now, a pure animalistic survival instinct had taken over.

It's why Hope getting closer and trying to lift Kalina up was too much for the vampire. The Fae woman she'd already been interested in hoisting her so close to her body? Kalina would find herself trying to sink her fang's in the Fae woman's shoulder before she could good and well even realise what she was doing. With Kalina's teeth being relatively dull, however, it would be an easy effort for Hope to throw the vampire off before she could pierce through the skin...

Which was exactly what happened, as the vampire had barely started to draw blood before the Fae jumped off. Whether it was the suddenness or the shock of her own actions, Kalina turned paler than she already was due to the blood-loss. “Fuck! I'm sorry.. I didn't meant to... want to... Ugh... fuck it hurts...” Stuck between trying to talk, trying to stop bleeding to death and fighting off to urge to persist trying to drink blood from the Fae, she felt absolutely horrible.

“I'm sorry. I can't...” She wasn't even sure how to finish her sentence, as pain and bloodlust were trying yet again to bring out the monster in her. That little voice in the back of her mind that was telling her 'screw this, lick your lips, taste that snippet of Fae blood, it'll be delicious, now get some more!' was growing louder and louder. “No, fuck off! I'm not giving in again!” She shouted to herself more than anyone. “I'd fucking die first!” She continued, as she felt light-headed enough to almost feint just from getting angry. At this rate, was she really going to die?

Just due to wanting to be in control? Why did she even care? Just let it go. Be her 'real' self. It'd be so much easier. “No...” She continued. She then looked at Iberis, her eyes oddly frightened. “You'll have to knock me out or something, I'm not sure if I can abstain from trying to bite someone again... Please...”

Regeneration timer: (3/5 posts left)
B-Grade Cooldowns: (3/4)
C-Grade Cooldowns: (2/3)
D-Grade Cooldowns: (1/2)
F-Grade Cooldowns: (0/0)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back