• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Shaoi Lake] A Ship And It's Captain

NeramoDJI

Deodorant Devourer
Time: 10:26 Am
Weather: Humid, Humid
1659572331625.png
In a large lake in the Imperial territory, that of Shaoi, where an emperor of old was told to have buried his thieving wife for her crimes, Zeke sat on his less than lavish cabin, one leg over the other as he awaited his soon to be guest. He had put out a sort of ad to assist him with making a ship, needing someone with skills a bit above and beyond those of regular craftsmen, having set it out to different sections, before he finally got a reply from a man from the Craftsmen guild, an "Ingenium" fellow. He didn't really care for the details, but if the man could assist him in getting a ship worthy of himself, he would take them.

He sat on a small rocking chair, slowly moving back and forth as he awaited the man to arrive at the agreed meeting point. His ship and crew were no where to be found, as he had docked them in the port of Guifei city before coming here. It was a bit of a journey, but Zeke enjoyed the nostalgia of his old home.

His plans for a ship that could navigate anywhere were something rather ambitious, but if this man could assist him, soon he wouldn't have to hide his ill intentions towards the world, and could begin his real plans to make an organization unlike anything this world had seen. But that was for later, for now, he simply waited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ingenium
Interactions: NeramoDJI NeramoDJI
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgLightly walking upon a path with some difficulty was Ingenium the Tinker. He leaned upon his collapsible cane the journey having worn on his weak yet metallic body. Logically it should be as strong as the alloy he was made from, but for some reason that was beyond his knowledge his constitution would remain inexplicably delicate. He now found himself within the Eastern Empire and based on what he had been told by the man who had brought him to this point he was within Yang Province. This nation was quite a ways off from the village he had first settled in. Ingenium had stayed within the village for some time after the formation of the Crafting Guild by Ms. Smith and Ms. Mason. It had been abuzz with activity from various inhabitants and even those from outside it that flocked to the place after the news of the Guilds creation begun to spread. Not much had changed by the time he left a few days later but work was already underway. He had helped the inhabitants of the village with odds and ends creating things to help improve the quality of life and fixing what he could.

He had run into Ms. Smith and Ms. Mason other times throughout his work but they spoke seldom each being busy with their work. During one such time an older man he had helped by making him a knee brace recommended he take his skills outside of their small village and had shown him the local Job Board. Though rarely used by anyone within the village other than a few prospective adventurers, the board was enchanted so that requests for various tasks could spread all throughout the country. Once again it was seemingly animated by "Magic" he could not wrap his head around but Ingenium likened it to an instant messaging device and that made far more sense to him. Upon it were requests for monster hunting, personal training, and even a noble with need of a "Spell Chef" whatever that could be. None had interested him, for what use would he have with hunting these Monsters. Maybe if they had material he could use, but they would never have the industrial quantities he would desire anyway. However there was one job which caught his eye. A commission by a ship captain. The wording upon it stood out from the others as to anyone else it would seem like gibberish as it was incredibly technical in its request using phrases like, "high atmospheric aerospace retrofit" and "deep sub-aquatic pressure hull". Indeed to most it would be indecipherable. But to Ingenium it may as well have been glass for how clear it was. Someone was trying to create an incredibly advanced ship a feat of engineering unlike anything he had seen yet. With instruction from a local Ingenium accepted the job a notice of the commission being taken was sent to whoever had posted it. Apparently he had been logged as a member of the Crafting Guild while technically false he would not correct such a reference. The recipients name was not listed but that mattered little to him, all he needed was the location. With the help of the mayor who seemed to be grateful to Ingenium he planned his route to the Easter Empire with most of the journey spent in various carriages.

Which brought him to the last leg of his travels. The man who had taken him to this point had gone as far as he was willing, so the rest was done on foot. Ingeniums speed was admittedly slow especially with the wariness from his long trek getting to him. Despite this he continued to move without stopping even once. His stride was like a glacier, quite slow but unrelenting in its movement. His will was of steel, this job was one he felt compelled to complete. It was practically everything he desired the creation of something truly amazing. To Ingenium it was sure to be a sublime experience. Eventually he reached his destination. A lake stretched out dominating most of the scenery save for a cabin lying at the lakes shore. It was slightly dilapidated and would seem somewhat haunting with the fog coming in. With measured steps followed by the light tap of his cane he reached the front door and brought up his metallic hand rapping it against the door.

Last edited:
Zeke “Mors” Valdain
image_2022-07-27_220957833.png
Zeke smirked as the knock happened on his door, standing up and walking away from his chair, opening the door to his visitor. He opened it fully from the start, stepping outside. "Evenin' Lad. I assume you're the one who accepted my request then? Ingenium?" He asked, crossing his arms a moment as he leaned against the doorframe towards the individual who was visiting his humble shack. He wanted to get the pleasantries out of the way, since he needed to get through this to get down to the important part. He simply needed this guy to tell him what materials he would need, and Zeke would get on the work to make it for him.

He had his cutlass and flintlock on his belt, not reaching for them or even really bothering to keep track of them, since he didn't have any intention of threatening or fighting this man. He just needed the appraisal of the cost of the ship and the materials needed. However, if the man wouldn't mention cost, than neither would Zeke. No need to remind the teacher of homework after all.

"If you've got the know-how I need, then we can get right to business. My name is Zeke, and from you accepting the ad, I assume you know what I'm looking for. A ship that will go anywhere without suffering damage from the environment, and keeping me and my crew safe in it." He explained, stepping off from the doorframe and looking at Ingenium, wanting to make sure that the man would keep up and get things done quickly.

Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpgThe construct gazed idly at the man who had opened the cabin door. He was a rather unique looking individual though Ingenium took it in stride. While clothed differently than many he had met; the construct had encountered a woman with insectoid limbs and not batted an eye. A man in shabby clothes and tricorne was handled just the same. "Indeed; my name is Ingenium. I have come with the purpose of creating the great machine you desire." He placed both hands atop his cane in a rest position. His crimson orbs staring unblinkingly at the man before him. With base introductions out the way they could move onto the task at hand.

Ever since he had accepted the commission Ingenium had been running calculations and various concept designs. He had not the specifications for the ship or all the requirements of the work, but he could start with an outline of the what would be absolutely necessary for construction and plug in the numbers later. Immediately after Zeke gave the go ahead Ingenium launched into a dialogue. "The overlying structure is a basic retrofit. The hull will be steel while the underlying structures would be aluminum. However I do not have access to the industrial facilities necessary to make these primary metals. So an alternative method will be necessary. I have plans for a ship of wrought iron and wood if acquisition of the previous materials is not an option. The most crucial portions of the ships design are the internal components. In order to create both a deep sea and airborne ship will require multiple different engines and complex machinery. I can assemble them but I will need the proper components to do so." After a lengthy speech. Ingenium paused placing both hands atop his cane and staring forward. He stood still like that for a few seconds then blinked once. "I have calculated possible scenarios. Based off the data I have available. However, I will need the full dimension of your ship. The scenarios are as follows, my data indicates the nation known as "The Dutchy" would possess much of the required components in their own airships. Attaining one would be a possible solution to our resource shortage. The next is the "Institute of Innovation" a location I have little data on but what I do have indicates it stands at the height of technological development. Though much is considered "Magical" in nature."

He paused again. His face as deadpan as it has been but a flash of something akin to irritation or even revulsion crossed it. "There is also a potential solution within... "enchantments" though I do not trust something so inexplicable and operating under laws which openly defy physics. I believe in the certainty of machines and Comprehension of Knowledge. I will be little help when it comes to "Magic" if you choose to make use of it. But I can still create the superstructure. On my own with all the required material it would take a two months of work, the labor time may be reduced with manpower. By approximately 70-80%." With his words delivered as to how they may go about completing the job he fell silent his red eyes seeming to look through Zeke entirely.

Last edited:
Zeke “Mors” Valdain
Zeke listened to the synopsis given by the metal man, nodding a bit as he took the stance within the reference art. "Aye, I can get you what you'll need. We'll need to start with the steel for the frame. I'm not using half assed materials." He said, unaffected by the monotone and stone façade of Ingenium, the act simply reminding him of the AI from his last universes. He began to write down what was being asked of him, since he knew he'd be the errand boy in this instance. "Your work space will be this dock, I'll find some more workers for you to make it easier. There's a port town nearby, I'm sure I can find some workers desperate for a job." He said, shrugging a bit.

He turned once more to Ingenium, having the list written of the basics they would need. he noticed the distaste of magic, and although he didn't share it, he understood it. He preferred when he understood the ins and outs of things. However, with this portal magic of his, he'd be using that as much as he liked. "The dimensions I'm looking for are something lookin' like a capital ship. Just somethin' very large." He said, figuring the robot would get the idea he had for it.

"The Duchy eh? I don't fancy pickin' a fight with them, but something like them will be much more doable than this inovation place. Magic pansies are easy enough, they're too high and mighty to think anyone would fight em. But those tech lads probably know what they're up against." He said, thinking out loud about the plan. "I'll see what I can do. The materials will be delivered here as I get them so you can work as they arrive." He explained, looking towards the lake and gesturing to it. "I'd rather this project being done be kept a bit quieter. The fog of this lake particularly will keep pryin' eyes off ya. If you don't have any questions, I'll be off to collect my crew and get on the job." He said, looking back towards Ingenium one last time to see if the robot man had any lingering concerns or instructions.

Ingenium
__mani_of_machine_elona_drawn_by_harusame_rueken__7f209dccfa1aa9d6976fce0377bcab98.jpg Ingenium stood before the pirate captain feeling what amounted to relief. The captain, Zeke seemed to share his propensity for quality, and while he could build the ship in a process similar to the creation of "Ironclads" he would prefer something as advanced as possible. There was no use in innovating an incredibly outdated design after all, the past had no place in the future, obviously. The assembly of the ship taking place in the lake was a reasonable decision. Though through his efforts the ship would go beyond the confines of this lake, and then into the wider world. Ingenium did not desire to be respected, looked up to, or even loved, but for his creations to be known was pleasing to imagine.

But that would come in time.
"Affirmitive, steel would guarantee a suitable level of quality. I shall incorporate your specification into the design Captain." With a mental command the blueprint in Ingeniums mind was updated in real time shifting with new information and the desired capabilities of the craft. The construct continued to watch Zeke listening intently for any further instructions. As the man continued to list his desires for his ship Ingenium logged it all. Annotating the design when necessary. Capital ship... At the word information came to the forefront of Ingeniums mind. Capital Class Ship... Typically Battleships... Historical knowledge flooded his thoughts cross referencing with Zeke's descriptor. Eventually he settled on a couple ships which matched the descriptor of "Capital Ship". Battleship Iowa, Carrier Shinano, Ship Of The Line Hercule. Each could be considered Capital Ships and were some of the largest ships of their time. two-hundred sixty two, two-hundred sixty five, and fifty-six meters respectively. Averaging around two-hundred meters would be the standard range. The Captain should find that acceptable.

Adding the numbers to the blueprint found the ships fabrication beginning to form. Ingenium could practically see it laid out before his very eyes. Its hulking frame of vaunted metal was seared into him. It, was his only purpose. Zeke's utterance reached him. He made no movement other than the whir of his eyes re-focusing on the Pirate Captain. "I acknowledge these parameters. They shall be integrated with as little loss in work schedule as possible." The construct replied dutifully. However, he also had a stipulation and as Zeke began to leave he voiced it. "I would request to accompany you Captain. In order to ensure efficiency in acquisition of materials and gauging of their quality in relation to construction requirements."

Zeke “Mors” Valdain
Zeke smiled at the very professional atmosphere of this worker, glad he had found someone so quickly that fit all the needs the captain had. No nosy questions, no unreasonable demands of excess payment, just a desire to do what was asked to be done. This man, Zeke could find himself respecting rather quickly, even if neither of them had any want or need for it. The lake was shrouded in a constant mist from the sun evaporating the streams all around it, leaving it as a sort of fog basin. He began to pack his things, knowing he'd have to go round up his crew for the task.

"Now, if it proves impossible or very unlikely to get steel, we'll need to settle, but as of now, my goal is for steel. I don't think some rustic piece of wood is going to get me back to the stars." He said, putting a pack over his shoulder and rolling his shoulders slowly. He didn't know what was running through the metal mans head, but Zeke himself was thinking largely the same as the construct, wanting something of a similar size to what the inventor was thinking, 200 meters would work just fine. Something of that length would be something that would certainly awe most of the world.

Zeke raised an eyebrow at the request to accompany the crew, before smiling a bit, glad he found an inventor with some initiative, starting to like the construct more and more.
"Heh, alright, you can come with us. But just be aware we got some rules. My ship my rules, so don't act up. Any decision I make is for the good of the crew." He said, simply clarifying that. "We'll be collecting my crew from their shore leave first. Our first stop is at an old friends place." He said, standing up and fastening his belongings to his back, before turning with a smirk. "You ever been to a brothel?" He asked with a chuckle, starting to walk off after that.

Isekai Hell RP Grade
NeramoDJI NeramoDJI EMIYAman EMIYAman Silent Angel Silent Angel
Good setup. The makings of a beautiful relationship. It was briefly mentioned Ingenium was part of the merchants guild. While he isn't, there will be a price. Zeke does not have a cabin by a lake asset, so the central scene of the rp doesn't exist but the character meet up and exchange can remain cannon. Zeke doesn't have any skills or assets that directly equates to money, so the rp you guys are doing to gather up the materials will be interesting. Guys shouldn't forget that portals linking the continent are available and that boat or overland travel not as common for personal travel or migration.

Aftermath
Zekes request was placed with the Empire's Merchant's guild. Not some shoddy handy man's shop, the guild would not take the request until Zeke provided a job description that would be understood by the inhabitants of the world. They would also collect payment for the job in advance. Such a vessel would come with an extravagant price tag in just materials alone. Unable to pay or offer collateral sufficient to post his request, Zeke's request would generally get tossed in the trash, but there was a "crafting" business that popped up in ryke that some wouldn't mind if it disappeared, being seen as a competitor to the Merchant's Guild. With careful phrasing, the merchant's guild passed the request off to them without compensation.

Taking overland travel to get to Zeke in the empire, Ingenium would cost the Crafting Guild quite a lot of money. Even more when it came to securing his safety in Empire territory where they viewed constructs as non-sentient objects belonging in subjugation and service to humans and not joy riding around the empire. The prospect of a construct roaming free and carrying a lot of rykes was tempting prospect to anyone, but especially to automaton hunters: those dedicated to the dismantling or recapturing of all constructs found since the ending of the war. As Ingenium's new employer, Zeke would have additional worries.

Since Ingenium was a construct and Zeke and his crew were loosely residents of the east empire, their business relationship with Ingenium would rub people the wrong way. Even his crew were uncomfortable with "it". Troubles were brewing outside and within for the SS Moltres.

Rewards

Zeke - 12 points (narration bonus included)
  • optional title acquired [Eccentric] - character behaves in ways that contradict common sense. Makes those around him less comfortable and uncertain of what they may do next. More likely to distrust character or avoid their presence. Character's behavior increases likelihood of attracting similarly odd individuals to their side.
Ingenium - 15 points
  • optional title acquired [Red Orb Freak] - character has 2 big red orbs for eyes rather than actual eyes. Character is even more recognizable as a construct and harder to hide or pass off as something else in public. Automaton hunters are more likely to subdue on sight due to history of red eyed constructs often being associated with mass murder machines prone to turning on humans. The Races are more likely to turn on, give up, or avoid character where possible due to the disconcerting eyes. Other constructs more likely to give high-5s for 'cool orbs bro'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back