• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Isekai Hell] A Prelude

LadyOfStars

Tu'er Shen the Rabbit God
Welcome to another telling of an Isekai Hell story. If you're curious and would like to learn more, visit us here
This story will chronicle the meeting between Count Linneus Light, Baron Dashi Shimeiji, and their retinues.

Setting:
Weather: Cool, Sunny
Time of Day: 9am

9d587345eaaccb15d1d71f8d80d516f7.jpg

With the restoration of Redcliffe Village a large success and the people more pleased with him than they had ever been in the past, Linneus as well as many of his advisors and city leaders would all have been on cloud nine, had trouble not been brewing on the horizon. The same night that they departed from Redcliffe Village, what could only be described as an explosion lit up the night sky and sent a shockwave rolling across miles of territory. The capital had been a buzz with rumors for days now and gossip ignited fear in everyone, high born and low. Linneus received new daily from the eastern territories, but ll in the form of would-be survivor testimonials. He was reluctant to take these people at their word, but at the same time he had very little else to go on. People had also traveled from every corner of the county to seek aide from the capital and guidance from the Count.

His throne room had been full of judges, messengers, sheriffs, and every other form of village leader one could think of. And while they all bickered back and forth about what the threat was and how it should be handled, Linneus could only think that they were unprepared for whatever it was they were soon to face. But he had a plan, or the makings of one, that he hoped to put in motion very soon. He was certain that it would put to rest all the bickering and panicking that had taken over his castle. Even Torrin, the previously stoic and prickly advisor seemed to lose his cool. But who could blame him when the explosion seemed to have come from his home in the Thorne Barony and there had been no word from his sister, the Baroness since.

17a381542ce5de23fcef5160dea6eb06.jpg

Just the day after he had returned home from Redcliffe, the Count sent a courier to Morbella, summoning the Baron to the city of Osun. He requested that the baron not leave his home unprepared, but did stress the importance of their meeting. While the exact wording he left up to Retili, Linneus was certain that the scribe would get the point across that this was important. That same scribe was tasked with committing everything that happened in the days to come to paper so that no matter what the outcome of the crisis, it would not be forgotten.

So as the sun rose over Osun and a new day began, Linneus waited in the Solar Hall, attentively listening for a solution from the rambling crowd of men and women. "Please..." The Count raised his hands, trying to silence the room and all the people in it. "...we cannot begin to understand what is happening if we do not listen to one another!"

Torrin approached the side of Linneus' throne and spared a brief glance at the Count before he looked to Retili. "Is life at court living up to your expectations?" His tone was mocking, as always., and he wore the smallest smirk upon his face. Torrin was certain that Retili was feeling overwhelmed, maybe even drowning in the commotion and confusion.

"What is your plan, Count Light?"

"Is this an attack from the empire? Is this the work of rebels?"

"Have you contacted the King and Queen about this? What about the Adventurer's Guild?"

"I think we should contact the church! We must have offended the heavens somehow."

Linneus sat back in his seat and let out a heavy sigh. It seemed they would all rather talk alone than have a proper discussion. "At this rate we're all doomed." He whispered to himself.

Baron Dashi had not done much talking during the meeting so far. While he remained seated, he had yet to have a reason to do anything other than listen, aside from friendly tidings to his peers. However, it did seem that with everyone being so rattled, that even listening was proving fruitless.

Dashi kept his retinue small. One of his maids, Solana, who was waiting out of the way by one of the walls decoration... and Peng. Having been most impressed with thoroughness of his work as overseer of the caravan, Dashi was not so keen on letting such a mind go to waste. While Peng had yet to hold any official title (yet), the Baron has assured all who asked that Peng was a trusted advisor and that his skills with logistics could prove valuable should they need to move quickly.

The poor Count yet to have the skill to herd cats, as told by his exasperated slumping into his seat. He would learn that in time. All in good time. Yet, there was no time like the present. Mastery of feline wrangling aside, the crowd would be looking to him regardless.

A small stream of smoke rose from the fox mans pipe, he has hand picked this mixture for just this meeting. A bit of sage, lavender, and some crushed cloves mixed in with his fine tobacco. And while lavender was not to his preference regarding taste, he has this mixture chosen for the calm nature of the scents provided.

Rather deeply, Dashi drew on his pipe, a full draw, tilted his head upward and gently blew the cloud of smoke above him. A small gesture to give the eyes something to be drawn to away from the overwhelmed Count Linneus. And then he tapped the metal bowl of his long thin pipe onto the stone table to produce a sharp sound louder than necessary to create a pause in those speaking that he may get a word out.

"It is safe to say that we are all understandably a bit rattled concerning these recent events. Given what has so recently befallen Redcliffe, I would say that any concerns we have regarding this bright light are justified." Dashi was calm, the joviality that had likely been characterized with by now he had toned replaced with a gentle but confident tone. After all, this was a matter to be taken seriously. A bit of empathy with the concerns of his peers could do wonders in lowering anxiety. Cooler heads did prevail.

"None of us here wish to see a repeat of Redcliffe. We will no doubt send runners to all the aforementioned parties once we are done here, if they have not been sent already. The border towers, the Church, the King, the Guild."

"Regardless of who we send to, it will take time for anything to be sent amd return. We can send follow up runners as need be if our plans change. To that end, let us first take stock of what is going on. Not all of us are on the same page yet. It is best we first go over what we know for fact, and what witness accounts have been telling us."

Dashi lifted his pipe and gestured with it towards Linneus. Another gesture to direct eyes to somewhere in particular. "My Lord Count, I have not been made privy to all the reports yet. I am sure I'm not the only one here who has gaps in their information. I humbly ask that you rectify my ignorance, that way I may follow your plans with a greater understanding." He said, taking on any ire the others might have had at the Count if they felt annoyed he repeated things they already heard, as well as differing leadership to the new Count. But mostly, he was trying to help the man by giving him a starting point with which to begin this briefing.

Also, he really didn't know all the details.

Ability used:
[Charisma D]
Grade E
Leadership F, Persuasion F, Character Grade D

Using ones natural charisma, you focus it one those around you to convince them of your words or ideas. Used in conjuction with a speech or a snippet of wisdom or inspiration. People can trust you know what your doing, and have their interests at heart.

For maximum effect, it is best used when focused on one person where the individual has the speakers full attention. Effect may be reduced when addressing crowds at narrators discretion.

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Last edited:
Retili Loxinofican

Mentions: Dashi D. Rex D. Rex Torrin, Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

It had been quite busy ever since Retili had returned with Linneus to Osun. It had not been but hours since he had been hired by the Lord that an explosion of massive proportions was felt all through the land. Retili was no stranger to earthquakes and landslides, they were a common occurrence in his home land, but this was something different in nature almost entirely. He had been asked to write and send a letter to Morbella almost immediately the next day, and he had been chronicling the events almost as soon as he had the opportunity to sit and write. It had been a tiring series of days.

Retili had not been around the entire retinue of Linneus for a long time, but Torrin struck him as being particularly upset about the events. Though once Retili learned that the Thorne Barony took up residence in lands the explosion came from he was not surprised. The rest of the court did not exactly strike him as quite as well put together as Torrin. In fact he could best describe the group like a bunch of chickens who had just been informed that one of them would be killed and they had to decide which one of them it would be.

So it was he sat bemusedly overlooking the days events, he wore his typical cloak, hood, and veil, already having described the purpose of such clothing to Linneus. He wondered for a moment if he looked ominous sitting near to the count dressed in all black behind the small writing desk. Already he had several sheets of paper written in neat scrawling ink tucked away in a leather binder near the desk. His attention turned as he heard the mocking voice of Torrin. Oddly Retili did not feel overwhelmed. In fact he was quite composed. "The work as his lordship's scribe is quite fulfilling, thank you for asking Master Torrin." His voice was dry and humorless. Retili made certain not to use the man's title.

That addressed he glanced disapprovingly at the crowd who shouted questions seemingly at random and he spared a pitying look for the count. Not every leader could project an air of authority true, but he was surprised that Linneus would allow the continued chatter. The men and women in the room ought to have been listening to Linneus intently. Retili could not decide whether that was Linneus's fault or the people's yet though. Thankfully Baron Dashi had arrived. A strong rapping upon the stone table Dashi sat behind was more than enough to quiet the room for a moment. His words were noncommittal, but anything was better than stalling responding to it.

Peng Deming
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars D. Rex D. Rex
3073b1b9c1442dd31af153ce979a833a.jpg

Peng stood silently behind and slightly to the right of the Baron's chair. Seeing as he wasn't a noble he did not take a seat. In all truth since he wasn't a noble he probably shouldn't have even been here. It was all thanks to the baron that he was allowed to attend. When the old fox had asked Peng to join him, the mage wanted to jump to the stars and back. This was exactly what he wanted to start dipping his hand into. After all rumors were circling of a possible war, and that was where Peng's destiny awaited.

So the white robe clad mage waited patiently, his lower face covered by his scarf, and forehead covered by his hat. Carefully he scanned the room looking at all of the figures. He had to make an effort to keep with making any eye contact. The last thing he would want is some stuffy noble to accuse the commoner of challenging their authority. He stood up a little straighter when Dashi spoke. Just like the Baron Peng did not have all of the details. If he was to start scheming, he would need to know more facts before a plan could come to mind.

Count Linneus Light

Setting:
Time of Day: 10am

17a381542ce5de23fcef5160dea6eb06.jpg
Finally, a voice of reason. Linneus perked and a smile finally graced his face as the clamoring seemed to come to and end and the other guests yielded the floor to the baron. It was nice to only hear one voice when for the last several minutes it had been a cacophony of confusion. Dashi was capable of controlling the group and getting them to listen where Linneus was all but ignored by them. He brought wisdom and reason to the table and that gave Linneus time to gather his own thoughts and think over the plan that he had already formulated prior to their arrival.

Torrin glared at Retili and scoffed at the man's calmness and his choice not to use Torrin's title showed that he was some backwater hillbilly. In truth he was irritated by the scribe's cool nature and level-headedness. "Well you haven't seen real court life, this is more of a..." Torrin looked at the other guests in the room. "...intermission. You won't see the daggers and knives that usually stalk these halls and surround the Count." The advisor let out a soft chuckle and looked to the empty seat that he had insisted be set out for his sister. "Where are you?" He mumbled.

"Thank you, Lord Shimeiji." Linneus sat up in his seat and looked around at all the familiar and unfamiliar faces. "As you all know, we have heard nothing from the east and Baroness Thorne has not made contact with anyone yet." He let out heavy sigh and clasped his hands together in his lap. "I hate to say it, but I suspect whatever that explosion was, it was located in the Thorne barony and has left them scattered, maybe even...destroyed." The word caught Torrin's attention and he stared at Linneus with discontent as he hadn't expected to hear such a thing, especially not from the Count.

"So far we have heard rumors that magic is at play, talk of rebellion, and even terrorism. We are not inclined to believe of it as its come from frieghtened, shocked citizens who are spreading hearsay or letting their imaginations overrule their rational thinking." The rising sun now shone down through the hall's skylight, bathing the center of the room in a golden brilliance. "The only thing we can be certain of is that there has been an unfathomable amount of destruction done to the Thorne Barony and all reports do agree that there have been...countless deaths."

Torrin grabbed his stomach, starting to feel more and more nauseous as they talked about the loss of lives and the destruction.

"It pains me to say, but I do not think we can rely on outside agencies to solve this problem or send us aide in time. Because of this, we will be acting on our own, immediately." The Count's gaze shifted to the fox, the baron. "Lord Shimeiji, I am hereby promoting you to the position of General. You will have full control over the military power of Sol County. Will you accept?" He trusted the baron and his many years of experience in the field of battle. Although he wanted to go himself and it pained him not to, Linneus knew there were things here that he would be needed for.

"While your prepare our soldiers to move east and secure the region, I will see about employing my Knight Order act as a vanguard and see if they can leave sooner to lay the ground work for you." Those recruited to the Order were not the most powerful or skilled of combatants, but they were strong when they worked together towards a common goal. 1663783740153.png

"We will also need someone to organize relief efforts in the east. Sending medical supplies, food, and evacuating the region if that is needed. Unfortunately I have no such person in my employ, so I will leave the floor open to nominations to the position." Linneus himself was no good with the technical side of things just yet, he still had a lot to learn.

"You should go as well, Master Retili. The Count will want to know everything that happens on the front and no one would be better suited to record the events than you." Torrin wouldn't admit it, but he wanted to go himself, but as advisor to the Count he could not leave his side in such a perilous time.

conman2163 conman2163 D. Rex D. Rex Dante Verren Dante Verren

Listening keenly to the space information available, Dashi gently sucked on his pipe, letting out small puffs of smoke as he took it all in. However, when Light made his declaration of making Dashi the general of Sol County, that did earn a raised eyebrow from the fox.

"Barely out of retirement and already thrown back into the thick of things. Hoho, well it is what I signed up for. It would be my honor to accept, Lord Count."

After listening a bit longer to collect his thoughts, Dashi lowered his pipe to speak once more.

"If I may be so bold, let us hold on sending im relief just yet. From what you have told me, we have no idea yet what is even going inside Thorn. It will take time to gather those resources and send them, by then we will have more information, but let's first plan for gathering the relief on the borders of the barony. We can always change this decision as new information comes in. But haste here could put even more lives in danger. We do not wish to send relief into another explosion."

"My first order is very simple. We need scouts. Many of them. The fastest horses, two horses apiece if it can be spared. They will be sent into the barony. To the borders with the Empire and the Fae. And few in our own lands to check for any demon activity should it be the same group that attacked Redcliffe. We can't afford to leave places undefended if we do not know where the next attack will come from, if one comes at all. Hasty deployment of troops can leave one in a very flat-footed position."

"Furthermore, worry not about gaining ground for me. I can handle that. You should instead focus your efforts on finding the Baronness of Thornes. Our County has had enough upheaval without adding further turmoil caused by the loss of a leader. Your knights can go in deeper and faster than my army can, and I'd rather not waste a second if It can be helped. If she is alive, which I hope to goodness she is, then her very presence will keep order of her peoples and help with the evacuation, as well as any strife this event will cause."

"As for who to lead the efforts of aid, I nominate Master Peng, here. He has shown himself to be meticulous and reliable. He organized and oversaw the relief of Redcliffe, if there are any in doubt of his capabilities. My wife, as well, comes to mind."

"Furthermore, I propose the military and the aid work in conjunction with each other. As I begin marshaling the forces, I will be setting them in my own Barony. Sharing border with Thornes, it will be a good place to house evacuees and we can use the rivers to more quickly ship the supplies. As well, our cities are closet and many evacuees will likely be fleeing there. As well, working together for greater effect. Soldiers can hand out food as easily as any common man. And can carry twice as many children. We would be able to act immediately once the scouts bring back news."

Dashi turned his head to look up at Peng. "Master Peng, what say you? Events are happening rather fast, but I would much prefer having capable people at my side for this. I offer to you the position of Quartermaster. Show me you have a mind for war, Master Peng, and I shall grant you Knighthood, land within my Barony as a Lord Peng, and a position to put that keen brain of yours to proper use."

LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Dante Verren Dante Verren conman2163 conman2163

Retili Loxinofican

Mentions: Dashi D. Rex D. Rex Torrin, Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Peng Dante Verren Dante Verren

"Perhaps..." The Zentail said distractedly. Retili only payed half attention to the words of Torrin as he replied to the cool comment. He could sense the fear that the man felt. Fear for the baroness he supposed and whatever other family was in the Thorne Barony. Not for the first time Retili found himself glancing at Linneus as well. Was that... excitement? He was certain he could see it in the man, almost covered by the fear he was hiding but still there. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to feel nervous? Southerners were such strange folk sometimes...

His thoughts were interrupted as Linneus stood to speak once again. An approving smile touched Retili's lips. The man at least knew how to keep a court's attention once he had it. That was a skill some leaders did not possess, and yet it was almost as important as the ability to gain a crowd's attention. He did find himself wondering just why the Lord gave the Baron an option however. It seemed to him that delegation was an important power in the nobility and that he undermined his own station by making it a question. Dashi was his sworn bannerman was he not? He was new to court but he had read many accounts and theories of the court while he had been traveling. Perhaps Linneus's court was an exception. Retili did not say anything however. The biting comments seemed to be Torrin's area of expertise.

Retili turned back to his work and wrote furiously on the page in front of him. He quickly drafted a legal notice of promotion for Baron Shimeji then blotted it and set it aside in the leather binder along with the other pages from this meeting. Then he repeated the process with a notice of promotion to the forces under Linneus's command. Finally he drafted He glanced at the other pages inside the binder briefly. A series of reports and letters from around the county of Sol. Nothing unusual for a Baron and put together by Retili in the early hours of the morning so that his lordship could easily go over them. Still the accounts inside were rather disturbing. Death and destruction had been rained down upon the Thorne barony. He was so focused on the memories of the papers that he almost missed Torrin's mention of him going along as well. "If that is what his Lordship commands I would be happy to go with the expedition." He replied, narrowing his eyes at Torrin. Did the man want to get rid of him so quickly? Danger would almost definitely haunt the steps of whomever was sent into the barony. He looked briefly to Linneus for confirmation. Then came the Baron's proposal. An army gathered in the Baron's lands and sent into the Thorne territories would certainly be a wise idea. He wondered for a moment whether the entire army would be sent in or if Linneus would keep men back to garrison his own lands. His thoughts were once again overtaken by court events however. Granting Peng a knighthood and land? That would be an interesting move, but he wondered if anyone in the man's lands would be disgruntled by Peng's rise to power. He took out another sheet of paper and continued writing.

Peng Deming
Interaction: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars D. Rex D. Rex conman2163 conman2163

Peng closed his eyes and focused all his attention on listing as the Count gave the group a rundown of the situation. All in all it wasn't great. There was a silver lining as the Count proposed that the Baron Dashi take control of the military. From Peng's own research and observations, the old fox was the right choice. Hopefully this appointment would have some benefits as well. By serving the Baron and giving council, it would mean his words would have an effect on the entire army. What Peng did not expect was to have his position changed so dramatically in the next second.

At first Peng said nothing, he was stunned in to silence. Organizing a caravan to help rebuild a town and organizing a relief effort for a barony were two different beast, yet the challenge did light a spark of excitement in his heart. Quickly he bowed to Baron Dashi "My lord you honor me with your recommendation and your offer of rewards." he said before turning and bowing to the Count. "Your lordship, if it pleases you I have already come up with a proposal that might demonstrate I have the right mind for the job. If you would allow it I would like to present the idea before you make a final decision I will be eternally grateful. The last thing I want is to be given such an important task and to not be qualified for it.". He had confidence in his own plan of course, but he needed the trust of the count. To go from a basic commoner to a knight and land owner is a huge step. To make sure he did not earn more anger from the nobles he needed the approval of not only the Baron who was now sponsoring him, but the Count as well.

1663893735771.png
Count Linneus Light

Setting:
Time of Day: 10:30 am

He accepted. Joy and excitement caused Linneus to light up like the sun with a smile of bliss that would seem out of place given the current circumstances. "Thank you, Lord Shimeiji." Having the man's experience and expertise in this crisis would be invaluable and quite the relief for the Count who was no military expert. And the man was already proving his worth. Although some did not agree. There were more than a handful of sour faces around the room after Dashi was given the position of General. It seemed that no one other than Linneus and perhaps Master Peng appreciated the Fox's history. The Count would make note of the disapproving faces, but would not say anything about for now. It seemed as those who were unhappy with the decision were also going to keep their mouths shut.

Linneus glanced over at Torrin and Retili, but more so at the scribe. He wanted to make sure that all of the General's words were being written down. Of course his genius would be repeated again to the proper people, but Linneus wanted to have everything noted for the future and so he may look back on them and learn.

"I agree with the Baron." Torrin interjected. He quickly caught himself and placed his hand over his mouth. "Finding my sist-...the Baroness is important and could be very beneficial to stabilizing the region once this mess has been dealt with." Torrin looked to Linneus, who only nodded his head in agreeance with the statement. Torrin stepped back behind the throne, his hands tightening into fists after the Count's nonchalant reaction. "Master Loxinofican. The battlefield is no place for a scribe, especially when it may be as dangerous as the reports entail. However, if you would go and be my eyes in the east, you would have my gratitude." Linneus would not force the man to risk his life in a place that the Count himself could not go, so he of course gave him the chance to say no.

"Master Peng." Linneus looked past Dashi to examine the man beside him. He did recall seeing him at the village of Redcliffe, but he knew very little of the man. "We thank you for your part in the restoration of Redcliffe. Your efforts made the work much easier." It was nice to know the names of the people who were making their shared goals achievable. And like Dashi, Linneus agreed that such valuable work should be rewarded. "Please, present your proposal, Master Peng." He didn't seem the ambitious and greedy type, but then again Linneus didn't know him personally. Ultimately the type of person he was would decide what came next for the would-be quartermaster.

"General, I have a question. Wouldn't it tire out the soldiers to have them be responsible for possibly fighting an unknown foe and also being charged with aiding the survivors? Would it not be more efficient to recruit nurses? Employ volunteers?" Sending overworked soldiers into battle would do them no good, but if he understood Dashi's idea correctly, that was what the man was suggesting they do. Hardly an idea he could support.

conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren D. Rex D. Rex

Dashi was well aware of the possibility that a sudden rise would not be seen in favorable light by many of the nobles. However, he had a hunch, that even if someone else was picked those sour faces would have remained. However, despite as upstanding as he was, Dashi WAS a fox. And wiley was how the fox do. His announcement of searching for the Baroness of Thorne was indeed most sincere. He did believe that it would be the best course of action for the Knights to find her. Yet, its purpose was twofold. Appealing to the nobles who wished for the safety of the Baroness would help cushion Linneus from their ire. At least given the Count some people who support his decision in promoting Dashi. The Count was a good lad, it seemed. Dashi was here to help.

As Peng gave his affirmations on the idea, Dashi would give a satisfied nod. This was good. This was very good. The Pendragon Barony was in dire straights. With as much corruption that still needed to be dealt with, the only nobles Dashi would be able to count on would be those he handpicked from outside his barony. Choosing from other houses within the county would only invite trouble, given some of the sentiments that floated around the political winds. Dashi had a barony to rebuild, and he planned to do so using fresh stone rather than try to piece together rubble. Peng was the first fresh stone.

"I said that they could help, not that they would be doing all the work. I am not suggesting that we skip on nurses and volunteers. Not in the slightest, we will need all you can. At the same time, your aid workers will need protecting. Having them with the army would keep them alive, with a defensible location to take those who need it, and groups of soldiers to go into Thornes with them. My army would have its own nurses, its own volunteers. Duties can be shared as needed. These men are fighting for the safety of their home. I should hope that they will want to help their fellow man as much as the nurses and volunteers."

"If anything, finding enough nurses and volunteers will be much harder than finding enough militiamen. They are the ones who will need all the help they can get. I have been in enough armies over the years, and one of the first things you learn is that as a soldier you don't sit around twiddling your thumbs. There are chores to be done. Tents to pitch, trenches to dig, arrows to make, food to cook, dishes to wash, weapons to clean, fortifications to build, exercise and practice, and most relevant here, injured to carry and tend to. Furthermore, my Lord, soldier are good much more than swinging a sword. Men come from all different careers and backgrounds, and they have their own variety of skills to call upon."

"Trust me, my Lord, I will not be sending an overly labored army into the unknown. They will have their rest. Nor do I intend to throw all my soldiers in at once. There will be the fighting force, and the reserves. One fights while the other rests. Its not an all or nothing type of situation."

"My goal here, unless explicitly stated as otherwise by you, is to save as many of these lives as possible. Be they military or civilian, and I am not intending to be wasteful with either. Until the fighting breaks out in full, my soldiers can lend some aid. Though once war is confirmed, their focus will solely be on the military."

Retili Loxinofican

Mentions: Dashi D. Rex D. Rex Torrin, Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars Peng Dante Verren Dante Verren

Retili watched the continued going ons with great interest, though he continued writing at a great pace as well. It seemed that the promotion of Peng was now set in stone, and Linneus now looked to the Zentail to travel with the army, to act as Linneus's eyes and ears. Retili placed down his pen and stood to address Linneus. "My Lord, I have sworn to do you service. If it is to the battlefield that I should travel to best serve you, then I would be happy to go with Baron Pendragon to the Thorne Barony." Retili bowed his head respectfully and then return to his seat, continuing to watch the court. Between Linneus and Shimeji there was a lot of bandying of the word "volunteer". Retili was not aware that such a system existed. Was there not a levy in each village of the province? What did Sol county do in times of war? Surely the local retinues and garrisons did not make up all of Linneus's forces. He could not stay silent in the matter and stood after the Baron finished speaking. "My Lord Light," Retili paused briefly to garner attention of the room. His tone was respectful and measured as he continued. "I am but a humble scribe, but it seems to me that this might be a time to call upon your levy of the villages. You protect the men and women of this land and they have sworn to do you service have they not? Surely this disaster is a time to call upon your bannermen and levies? They do not have to fight per say, but they can at least aide your retinue with this issue in the Thorne Barony." He bowed respectfully once again.

Peng Deming
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars D. Rex D. Rex conman2163 conman2163

Peng bowed gratefully to the count as he was given permission to present his idea. However he waited for a moment for the Baron to expand on his own line of thought. As much as he wanted to have his proposal recognized, there was still a pecking order. Patiently he waited nodding ever so slightly once a point he agreed with came up. he continued to wait for the scribe to speak before finally taking the chance to air his plan. "First I must apologize, for my plan involves a few alterations of the baron Dashi's suggestion. While it is true we need to send scouts in before a full relief force can be sent, we have to act immediately. We must not wait for the scouts. The first three weeks are the most important time in times of disaster for those involved, and we are already behind schedule. "

"What I propose is to send your fastest scouts just as his lord baron planned, but to send a second group no later then a day's ride after. This group should consist of both Hunters, miners, and a few handful of doctors who are each equipped with tools they can carry on the march. During the night the hunters can set traps, check them in morning, and gather food on the way to bolster what ever rations they have. Once they have reached the disaster area this extra food will be crucial in helping feed the victims and keeping them sustained in the meantime until the true relief force can arrive. The miners will be instrumental in search and recovery efforts. There time in searching for ore and assisted by the hunters will help make finding survivors easier. The minors talents in digging will also be instrumental in excavating those who might be trapped or even clearing out areas to use as shelter. Lastly this group should be escorted by your noble knights. They will need protection from whatever may be waiting, whether it be enemies or even bandits going in to act as scavengers looking for easy pickings. Once the group nears the disaster zone I would advise half the knights head straight to look for the Baroness Thorne. The second half will act as protectors and maintain order until the main group can arrive. "
He paused and glanced around waiting to see any reactions to his idea

"With this operation in progress it givers us time to set up relief and refugee camps who will be protected by the military. I would also like to put forward the idea of temporarily relocating the civilian population in the disaster area and it's immediate surrounding land. The people in the effected area should be temporarily relocated to designated safe locations. Until we know exactly what is going on and why it is too dangerous to leave people in those areas. We can send caravans from these safe areas to pick up those in the dangerous ones and bring them back. I imagine it would take multiple trips, so the wagons can be loaded with supplies to take to leave with those who we weren't able to bring back right away and the military guard with them. With these starting measures we should be able to achieve near beast case scenario without straining the resources of the Light County too drastically and in a timely. What do you think honorable lords?" Peng lowered his head in a gesture of respect to the gathered crowd as he finished his presentation. Now what the moment of truth to see if they approved of his methods.

1664056692617.png
Count Linneus Light

"The Count's army, I think you mean." An elderly man quickly countered when he heard Dashi proclaim the army his own. Linneus had now qualms with Dashi's choice in wording, he understood what the man meant and that was what mattered. He was more concerned with Dashi's response to his questioning and thankfully, he had misunderstood the Baron's intentions. "I think that sounds like a fine approach to this ordeal, Lord Shimeiji." Linneus quickly gave his support to the plan that Dashi proposed.

His attention then went to the Court Scribe, who accepted Linneus' request that he travel with the army. He did not expect Retili to have a suggestion of how to handle the military's composition. And to his surprise, Retili's was very correct and his statement very accurate. However, the idea of calling citizenry and other untrained people to the fight, likely against their will was not something that sat well with Linneus. "You are correct, Master Loxinofican." He didn't want to conscript people into the military, his whole purpose was to protect those people. But if they would be confined to the relief effort then he might feel somewhat better about that. "We will write to our bannermen and lords to recruit people for the support unit." He nodded his head to Retili, a silent thank you to the man for his idea.

Then he looked to Master Peng who had a plan to share. A counter to Dashi's plan? Linneus was intrigued and as the would-be quartermaster spoke up, he found himself agreeing more and more with his plan. The other members of the court looked around at one another, murmuring amongst themselves as they considered the proposed plan by some no body.

By the time Peng had finished, Linneus was already nodding his head. "I do like your plan, MAster Peng." He confessed. "I think we should be putting a greater value on rescuing the people, relocating them, and protecting them. Lord Shimeiji." The Count's eyes looked to the fox and let out a soft chuckle. "You have given us a boon with, Master Peng. He will henceforth be the official Quartermaster, as proposed by our General." Though reluctant, a roar of applause rose in the room as the other lords followed Linneus' lead and praised the duo.

"I trust that between the two of you, our people will be well cared for and protected. I know that finding the Baroness Thorne is important..." There seemed to be some hesitation hanging in the air and every head turned to look at the Count. "...but I don't want her rescue to cause others to be overlooked in favor of saving a noble. Nobles are not more important than the people that plow the fields or fill our cups. If she is lost to us...she can be replaced." Linneus' statement caused some raucous as the lords and ladies again started to discuss the decision with each other. But Linneus sat tall, his gaze fixed upon Dashi and Peng to emphasize his choice and make sure that the two of them were on the same page as him.

"And please, take care of my scribe." Those words brought Torrin to his limit and the advisor could not conceal his anger any further. He turned on his heel and stormed out the throne room.

D. Rex D. Rex conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren

"I am a Baron of Sol County. A Baron of Count Linneus. Any forces I have are at his call by default. Including the forces of the Lords under me. But by your logic, we should address it as the Kings army, no?" Dashi gave a kind smile, as there was no harshness in his words. "Hohoho, forgive my lack of semantics. My court tongue is a bit out practice. Retirement can do that to a fellow."

As Linneus approved of the explanation, Dashi gave a respectful bow of his head. And then Peng posited his ideas. Putting the pipe back into his mouth, the fox stroked his chin as he listened. A smile form over the stem of his pipe. Absolutely splendid. It seems that Master Peng was most certainly not going to disappoint. Not in the slightest. And once more the fox bowed his head in thanks at the Counts words.

At the final words of Count Linneus, Dashi nodded his affirmations. Making clear he understood his lords will on the matter. "I shall do all that I can to prioritize the safety of the people. Master Pengs suggestions are good ones. I will change my plans with the scouts accordingly. As well, I will set aside a small detachment soldiers to with the Knights and the advanced rescue team, if I can spare them. If you can let us know where you intend to enter, I will make it a priority to secure the retreat of anybody you resue and to direct them to whichever evacuation zone you decide upon."

"Worry not for Master Loxinofican. I shall see that he is safety returned to you, upon my honor."

Peng Deming:
Interactions: LadyOfStars LadyOfStars D. Rex D. Rex conman2163 conman2163

A waive of motion washed over Peng. He had been acknowledge now not just by the Baron, but by Count Linneus and his courtiers as well. A large smile crossed his lips and he had to pull the scarf around his lower face tighter to keep the edges of the smile form poking out from behind the scarf. Quickly he gave a deep bow of respect, "Thank you my lord. I will never forget your kind words and position you have granted to me. I will do my best for both your good name and the people of the County. " After giving his thanks he stood up and stepped back once more.

He had to force his will power to keep himself still. This was the second time today that he wanted to jump for joy, but he would mind his manners. He was excited to start his new role. He needed to enact the first phase of his plan as he had explained, then would need to start working on phases 2 and 3. He wondered if the Baron would allow Peng to borrow some of his combat maids for the operation. Sure they were primary a military unit, but he saw how well they worked both on their own and as a team. If he could get them to insitl even a fraction of their discipline into some relief workers then his operation would become a cake walk.

Retili Loxinofican

Retili's bow deepened as Linneus acknowledged his comments, then he straightened and sat again at the table. Again he wrote. This time he drew up several orders, one to be copied and sent out to the cities and towns underneath Linneus, another to his barons to assemble in their levie, and a final order to Linneus's standing forces to report to Baron Shimeji immediately. None of the drawn up orders held anything pertaining to local garrisons however, just the standing retinues. He would follow Linneus's orders to the spirit and not the letter. Afterall, if something went south in the Thorne Barony it would be much better for them to have some sort of army remaining. If someone were to discover the lapse Retili had written them so that it could be easily excused as a mistake on his part. Almost as an afterthought he removed the paper that noted the Baron's promotion to general and added the official post of Peng. It would lend the man more credibility if all of the County knew that the appointment came directly from Lord Light. Now finished he carefully blotted and stored the additional pages in the binder then returned to his notes. The meeting was progressing well and seemed to be drawing to a natural conclusion. He sighed to himself. He had just arrived and now he would already be off on campaign once again. Still, this way he would be able to offer as accurate a report to Linneus as possible on the state of his forces.

1664202819972.png

Though they faced a rather dire situation, Linneus could feel a sense of ease rising within him with the people that sat before him offering their expertise and assistance in dealing with the crisis. Retili's diligent notes would make recalling this event very easy and Linneus would no doubt learn from this in the future. "General Shimeiji, Master Peng, I leave things in your very capable hands on the military and relief front. I thank you all for the parts you will play in the coming days." He rose from his seat and as he did, the other members of the court did as well. They bowed their heads to the Count and he acknowledged them all as he stepped down from the throne and started towards the exit.

Aftermath
With the meeting concluded, official forms would be drawn up and stamped with Linneus' seal to appoint Dashi Shimeiji and his associate Peng to the positions of General and Quartermaster, respectively. They know have authority to utilize the county's military might and resources as they see fit.

(Short and to the point, I really enjoyed this roleplay and hopefully we can do something similar in the future! Thank you all for participating, I really enjoyed reading your posts!)

Rewards?:

Dashi: Optional Title [General of Sol] and [Courtier of Light]

Retili: Optional Title [Courtier of Light]

Peng: Optional Title [Quartermaster of Sol] and [Courtier of Light]

conman2163 conman2163 Dante Verren Dante Verren D. Rex D. Rex

Isekai Hell RP Grade

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Meetings! Plans! Schemes! Great stuff to see, it's humbling to see Lineuss grow into such a Baron, he's doing great and I think his picks for advisors is great. Great stuff Luna!

Lineuss - 10 Points

---

Dashi - 7 Points - Optional Title acquired [General of Sol] - By the order of Count Lineuss Light, you've been brought up into the ranks of Sol County to be Lineuss' helper, one of his closest advisors of war. Godspeed.

Optional Title acquired [Courtier of Light] - With Lineuss' blessing and trust, you've become a close asset to Lineuss. A courtier, his companion. You will be known to be in cahoots with him.

---

Retili - 7 Points - Optional Title acquired [Courtier of Light] - With Lineuss' blessing and trust, you've become a close asset to Lineuss. A courtier, his companion. You will be known to be in cahoots with him.

---

Peng - 7 Points - Optional Title acquired [Quartermaster of Sol] - By the order of Count Lineuss Light, you've been brought up into the ranks of Sol County to be Lineuss' helper, one of his closest advisors of supplies and reserves. Godspeed.

Optional Title acquired [Courtier of Light] - With Lineuss' blessing and trust, you've become a close asset to Lineuss. A courtier, his companion. You will be known to be in cahoots with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back