• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Isekai Hell] A Headstrong Child

Start Scene

SilverFeathers

Ruler of the Sky
Cast & Goals:
  • Ninelle (#54d1b0)
    • Establish ???
      Rescue ???
    • Destroy ???
  • Arthur (#F7DA64)
    • Befriending the fae
    • Observing fae magic
    • Be humbled/inflate ego
Time: ???
Weather: No wind, chilly

• b07652d0cb2f2d29bb300bcfb990a305.jpg
Tall spindly trees, seemingly never-ending with their height, creaked uneasily in these otherwise silent woods. With no sunlight breaching the canopies, the forest floor was purely lit by colourful glowy mushrooms and luminous crystals embedded into bark, giving the whole area the air of a hidden wonderland.

Perhaps it would seem magical and awe-inspiring to be in such a place, but for Ninelle, the lack of life only made it seem ominous, with no sounds of birds chirping, pixies giggling or leaves rustling in the wind. All she could hear was the noise of her own mechanics whirring away to keep her alive.

It was a stifling atmosphere. She could feel her own paranoia creeping up on her at every turn, though she understood very well the reason why there was no longer life around here.

Fluttering on without pause, something glittering like gold caught her eye from afar, obscured by some low-hanging viridian foliage. Though afraid of the unexpected surprise, she purposefully wandered closer, only for her breath to hitch in her throat.

A human? And a child at that...

Ninelle sighed with worry, wondering what on earth he was doing sleeping in such a place. With pretty blond hair and an orange scarf, the boy laid peacefully on a bed of flowers, creating such a harmonic scene she almost felt it a pity to break. Still, it was not safe here, much less for a child.

Fluttering over gently, she landed on his chest to check his breathing before poking at his face. "Excuse me, please wake up. It's not safe here." She called out worriedly, hoping to stir him from his deep slumber.

Palu Palu

Last edited:
Arthur Delos Santos

Self-Proclaimed Sword Saint

Arthur's body was cold and still, as the only semblance to life it had was the artificial breaths provided by the ventilator beside him. Blankly staring into nothing, Arthur's empty eyes were unblinking as his mother silently said a prayer by his side. Her hands quivering, desperately clutching on to a rosary as she whispered. While hopeful that her son's condition would improve, little did she know that his soul was no longer with them. Through some bizzare twist of fate, he was brought to another world. Whether it was destiny's cruel ploy or an act of mercy, at the end of the day, it was an opportunity for Arthur to keep on living.

Arthur felt light and small nudges against his cheek, waking him from his slumber.

"Mother." He mumbled in annoyance, his face obviously partial grimacing. "Mother." Apart from still wanting to sleep, Arthur was disappointed that his dream had to come to an end. It was similar to the shows and literateure he grew so attached to. He was finally going to be an otherworlder in a fantasy world.

"Uh! Must you disturb the sword saint on a weeke..." As Arthur's eyes opened, his sentence was cut short by the sight that caught him by surprise. Instead of the image of his nagging mother, he was awakened by what looked to be a masked figurine. The irritation and exasperation he had vanished from his face and was replaced by a look of wonder and confusion. Honestly, it was mostly confusion.

"...You appear too life-like to be a figurine." Arthur said calmly while one of his fingers subtly tried to poke at the fairy's wings. "What...are you?" He asked curiously.

While he waited for a response, Arthur gradually started to notice that his surroundings were different. It was more colorful and scenic. At that moment, he was sure the he wasn't in the Philippines anymore or even Australia. Then, his eyes suddenly widened. He realized that the dream he had wasn't a dream at all.

A wave of thoughts suddenly rushed him, memories of what took place not too long ago, filling his mind in an instant. Startled, his heart began to pound as he broke into a sweat. Arthur hurriedly sat up even with the fairy on his chest. It was strange though. Even if his actions obviously conveyed uncertainty and anxiety, he couldn't help but smile.​

Last edited:
full

Ninelle Lifeblossom

At the boy's repeated calls for his mother, Ninelle couldn't help but chuckle. With the secret worry that this child might have been abandoned or left to fend for himself alleviated, the fairy couldn't help but feel much more at ease. Just look at all his grumbling, it was the picture-perfect reaction of a child lovingly raised by a warm family.

"Good morning little one." She greeted gently, with a smile behind her mask, though her thoughts lightly lingered on the 'sword saint' he had mumbled. She hadn't heard of any such fairytale or legend by that name around here, but it was amusing to hear him give himself such a title. It reminded her of a distant past, where she too would dream and daydream of such fantastical things.

"Oh! I'm a fair-WAH!" Just as she began to answer his innocent little question, the boy suddenly sat up, sending her flying into a flower just in front of him. Dazedly sitting herself back atop the flower's silvery petals, she observed his confusion and shock, and understood that he must've realized the situation that he was in. Pity filled her heart, even as she noticed his smile, merely brushing it off as a coping mechanism.

"Don't be alarmed. I'll get you back to your family safely. I may not look like much, but I'm a hero of this nation, and I swear to protect you." Ninelle hovered in the air before him with a bow, before gently landing back on the silver flower. Though her tone ended up relatively solemn, even and reassuring, the same confidence could not be said for her internal thoughts, as she dryly mocked herself for flaunting that undeserved and unsuitable title, even if she did so only to calm her new charge.

"Are you alright? Perhaps you hit your head... do you know where you are? It's rare to see a human this deep into the See." She began softly, only now beginning to ponder what she should do in regards to the mission she was given...

Palu Palu

Arthur Delos Santos

Self-Proclaimed Sword Saint
"Calm yourself, Arthur." He chuckled as he spoke outloud. Taking deep breaths, he at least had to try to understand the situation he was in. "This is unbecoming of a hero." Arthur thought to himself, hoping to harden his resolve.

As he tried to regain his composure, Arthur's attention was redirected back at the masked fairy. Her words were obviously trying to soothe his agitation and worries, but for some reason, Arthur felt some degree of unease because of her, making him hesitate to move.

However, as she continued to speak, the fairy had uttered something that rid Arthur of all the negative and wavering emotions he was feeling. "A h-hero?" He muttered in disbelief. As much as he did not want to show it, Arthur was impressed. His awestruck eyes and creeping smirk showed a glimpse of his impressional mind.

"An actual hero before my very eyes. I should not embaress myself even further." He whispered.

After claiming to be a hero of the See, Arthur no longer listened to anything else she had mentioned. Protecting him, getting him back home, or queries on his wellbeing, all of it went through one ear and came out the other.

"I mean, a hero, you say?" Some of his confidence started to show.

Getting back up to his feet, Arthur dusted off all the foliage and dirt that his body gathered so far.

"Well, I too am one as well." He proudly grinned as he turned to the fairy. Offering an outstretched hand, he introduced himself. "My name is Arthur, the Sword Saint!"

full

Ninelle Lifeblossom

Watching those shining eyes suddenly fill with awe and wonder at her title led to a stifling sense of guilt in Ninelle. She should be used to such eyes by now, but the gnawing feeling at the bottom of her stomach was still as strong as ever. Just as she began shuffling around in discomfort, those feelings were all abruptly blown away by the boy's sudden and enthusiastic announcement.

"...Eh?"

Was all the little fairy could mutter after a long, stunned silence. Her mind drew a complete blank, wiped clean from all prior thoughts and pondering.

Subconsciously, she activated her Nature's Eye to ascertain his claim. Finding nothing out of the ordinary with his titles of [Human] and [Mage], Ninelle really couldn't decide whether to believe him. Still, whether he was an unheard of Sword Saint or not, at the very least she couldn't just leave him hanging like this.

Fluttering on over with gentle wings, she gave a second bow as she gave a more formal introduction.

"I am Ninelle, the hero of Wisdom. One of the three that aided the great Arinethiel in saving the earth dragon Verdelothrondir."

She reached out to place her hands on his thumb, as a gesture to return his offer of a handshake, before continuing.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Arthur. May I ask what the Sword Saint is up to this deep in Lodeli's Woods?"
  • Nature's Eye D
    • Appraisal D, Nature E, Agriculture E, Animal Handling E, Energized D
    • Use her eyes from another realm, and her learned knowledge on nature's flora and fauna, to appraise a target.
Cooldowns:
  • D: 0/1
Palu Palu

Last edited:
Isekai Hell Grade

SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Palu Palu

As incomplete as possible. Too bad about quitters. Here's to the efforts thus far.

Aftermath:
N/A

Rewards:

Ninelle - 3 points (narrator bonus)
Arthur - 2 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Back