• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Aya
unnamed (1).png

Aya kept scanning the garden when she came to one of Regula's retainers; the girl in question was a champion of the count, which made her relax a little more. She figured the champion would be the last person to do anything that could harm the count. She caught the woman looking at her as she noticed the woman's katana. She also has a Katana, but are they from the world, or were they reincarnated here? She thought to herself as her three tails swished from side to side. She thought the meeting was strange since Regula came here to learn how to be a noble. Even Aya knew that would be a big issue; the nobility didn't precisely welcome upstarts, no matter how distant their lineage was. Aya closed her eyes for a moment as she bowed her head in response to the woman.

Then she saw her smile and wave towards Sariel, though she was concerned about what Sariel had mentioned earlier about the doll being a demon. Though she figured she could always look into it later, she let out a small sigh as she brushed some of her silver hair out of her face. That was when Sariel spoke about the dress, which caused Aya's neutral expression to vanish as she gave the child a slight grin and knelt down. "Well, maybe when you are older. You may be cute, but you don't have what it takes to pull that kind of dress off yet," she whispered, poking Sariel's nose. She noticed the glare and turned to see who Sariel was looking at to see if Regula was. "Stop glaring at people; it's rude," Aya instructed as she stood back up and walked behind Sarield before wrapping her arms loosely around the child's chest.

Her attention was then brought to the person wearing a Witch's garb, which caught her attention. She soon introduced herself as Alice, who looked like another person Regula had brought her. However, she wasn't sure what to make of the woman as she then moved away from the group to grab some food. After a moment, she heard the music start to play as the lights dimmed down, and the setting looked much more like a concert from her old world, which caused her to blink a few times, trying to see if it was an illusion or not.

As Count Light moved to a more secluded area, she took a deep breath in and smelled someone familiar; turning her head up to look behind her, she saw Tyrmar ok an overhang behind them. Well, now that is a little strange, She thought to herself as she closed her eyes for a moment. She figured it was time for her introduction, "Aya, former wandering samurai and now a knight in Count Light's order. The girl in front of me is Sariel, though I will let her introduce herself," Aya concluded.

Mentions:
Elvario Elvario
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
RavenSong RavenSong
lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster
Faynorae Faynorae Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo

ARIA.png

After exchanging glances and the small child visibly but mistakenly glaring, Alex then set a different mood. The ambience had suddenly begun to change, the lighting became dim as Alex was heard playing her guitar. Aria scratched the back of her head, a bit nervous as to what the Count might think of the sudden changes.

She turned to look at Regula and Linneus, not really making out what was said between them as they started to the other side of the garden area. They remained within her sight however.

Aria sighed deeply, and looked away bringing an index finger over her chin as she pondered. I hope everything goes well. She thought before turning to the table with the various foods. Might as well get something to eat. She would take a muffin and eat it fairly quickly in a couple of bites. She closed her eyes delightedly as she chewed. Brushing any crumbs off her face with her sleeve, she turned back to the two that were next to the Count moments before.

She then exchanged glances with Aya, she was wondering the same about her weapon too. Then the cat-eared lady bowed, and Aria did the same.

Overhearing Aya, Aria tilted her head before continuing.

“It’s alright, I couldn’t tell if she was in deep thought or in awe..” she said to the little girl, a bit monotone. Aria then smiled, and bent over slightly. “..please, don’t grow up too fast m’lady.” She would quickly change the subject however as she cleared her throat glancing at Sariel. “I noticed earlier you were a bit.. surprised to see my friend Pierre.” She gestured softly at the tank. “I still don’t know exactly how he speaks but he’s been a dear friend.” She then waved over at Pierre, gesturing to him to join.

Aria felt charmed by the two as they introduced themselves. “Pleased to meet you Aya..” she said before turning her gaze to Sariel, “..and Sariel.” She bowed her head gently before meeting their eyes once again. “My name is Aria, I joined the Counts efforts to defend my village of Highgrove from a bordering threat. I was just a simple bartender back then.” She stated before attempting the word the neko mentioned earlier. “S-Sam..murai.. samurai? Is that why you have a tail?” She asked curiously, she wasn’t familiar with this race but by the look of Arias eyes she was intrigued, “I have only met one other with a tail and ears like yours, she actually tried robbing us in our sleep though.” She stuttered a bit then looked away, “..not that you would of course.”

Arias' attention then shifted to another up on a balcony overhead. It was the one who only moments before was boasting and posing for a small group of children who cheered him on. Aria noticed the guards didn’t seem alarmed at his presence, so perhaps it was safe to assume he knew the Count as well.

Aria got close enough to Aya to whisper, pointing at Tyrmar, “Uhm.. do you know him?” She asked, a bit confused as to why he was standing on a balcony.

Regula
xhRVmYk.jpg

Although Regula wasn't completely oblivious to everything going on around her, whether that be Light's odd company or her own companions being themselves, she was mostly focussed on the count in front of her. The only thing that really distracted her were the lyrics of Dark Witch's song. What in the world was that about? Regula told herself to ask later, as it had made her curious. Especially the mention of gunpowder, which she also recalled being mentioned by someone from a more modern era as being used to fire guns, unlike the combustion magic she herself used.

That said, she had to focus on the topics at hand. Like her gifts being accepted, which was a good thing. When count Light mentioned having the conversation in private, Regula was ready to follow him to his study. It's why she was a bit confused when he just meant a few steps further into the garden. Thus far, pretty much everything had gone differently from what she'd expected. When he told her she'd need to prove her position, she nodded. “I've had my heritage divined by a company called Full Clarity in the magic Duchy, so I do have something to back up my claims, but I acknowledge that it isn't nearly enough to start off well. It is one of the many things I'd wish to hear your advise on.”

To her surprise, count Light then started to confess he wasn't all that knowledgeable on noble etiquette himself. It's why a few things started to fall into place. Perhaps noble etiquette here wasn't as different as in her own world and the count really just didn't know what he was doing. The fact that he stated he was losing his subordinates' trust was another obvious sign he wasn't really used to dealing nobility. Stating that to someone you just met was definitely not proper, as it was both rude to get so straight to business and foolish to state such a weakness to someone you knew so little. She didn't mind it though. Honest people were a lot easier and nicer to deal with and this was as clear a sign of honesty as she could get.

A smile was brought to her face on the topic of Aria. “I agree, as it was the fact that she spoke highly of you that made me wish to meet you.” It seemed they had both formed positive opinions on one-another through Aria's judgement. That said, she was curious to learn what type of 'being of help' to each-other he was talking about. After all, it seemed like her main reason for being here was voided by his inexperience.

She didn't have to wait long on an answer to that question. “You're suggesting an offer to make me a baroness..?” She said, letting the words sink in. If she wished to be the queen, it would be some very good practice on ruling things. However, it would also mean responsibility and being tied to a certain place. It would mean she wouldn't be able to venture out as easily to gain new allies and resources for when she wished to take over the kingdom. Instead, she'd be bound to a territory when trying to do so...

Whilst having a land go govern brought its own benefits, being tied down like that might be problematic. Did she want to try on working her way upward by being a benevolent ruler of a small territory and hope to grow that territory, or did she want to become a famous warrior/hero and claim the throne through achievements? Did she want to focus on adventuring and gaining fame, wealth and connections, or did she wish to try building up a territory well enough to rise through the ranks that way? Truth be told, she didn't know.

In her previous life, her options had been limited a lot more, but in her current one, she could enjoy a lot more power and freedom. “As flattered as I am by the offer, and by the suggestion I might be suited for it, I must admit I have my reservations. Not only would I have to start with little to no experience, it would also severely limit my ability to travel freely.” Ideally, she wished to start off just learning what noble etiquette was like, before committing to settling down and running a barony. Now it sounded like count Light couldn't provide her with the one thing she wanted most and instead offered her something she'd been planning to strive for a fair bit later, once she'd gained a certain level of fame and connections.

However, there was one thing that came to mind. “I've never shunned hard work and protecting the people is my priority, however, with all due respect, your words are making me wonder what the current state of your baronies is like.” She wanted to test the extend to which this count was honest. After all, it seemed like things weren't going well at all, if he was desperate enough to ask a complete novice to help him out during their first ever meeting, simply because Aria introduced her. Besides, if the baronies were truly in a dire state, it would mean that being able to help make them prosper would give her a lot of experience and fame. Both were things she was in need off.

Pierre Rothel - ({Aria}) ({ RavenSong RavenSong }) [ Aya ] [ saxon saxon ] [ Sariel ] [ Faynorae Faynorae ]
1658962184146.png
Acquaintance Alignments​

({Character name}) -> Friends
[ Character ] -> Neutral
< Character > -> Enemy
({[<------------------------------->]})

Throughout this exchange, Pierre had been taking the moments to simply observe the surrounding area, softly bopping his barrel up and down to the beat of ({Alex's}) song; which was pleasant to hear. Overall he was pleased that things were working out for his friends, and that he helped them in doing so. Sure he didn't know [Linneus] all that well enough to really consider him a friend, but more as an acquaintance at best. Glossing his vision over to Aria again, he saw that she was waving over for him to come and say hello to [Aya] and [Sariel], invisibly smiling, he rolled on ahead to the 3.

But he seemed to have rolled a nat 1 on greetings today...

"« « Beau temps que nous avons, Aria. Espérons que la pluie ne passera pas et ne nous rendra pas fous à nouveau. Ah- D’accord. Salutations à vous deux, je suis Pierre, Pierre Rothel. Un plaisir de vous rencontrer-" He sputtered a bit, shaking his turret for a few seconds with a cough.

"H-haha.. Sorry about that. I may as well translate what I said." *Ahem* "Pleasant weather we're having today, Aria. Hopefully the rain won't come by and drive us insane again. Ah- Right. Greetings you two, I'm Pierre, Pierre Rothel. A pleasure to meet you."

Despite his out of wack switch between his people's tongue and
English, Pierre's kind tone hopefully would make up for it.

Dark Witch (Alexandria Kingston)
944e1799a7c9f7bdb29feac6b71dc1c8.png

As she played her song Alex was surprised to see the group of people that had come to see her performance. While it wasn't her intent to start a crowd she couldn't help but let a smile form on her face. Her ego started to get fed and with it she started moving more; changing from a sitting position to standing on top of the stonework so she could see over everyone. While nobody seemed to understand what she was singing about (I mean it was a Queen song after all) they seemed to enjoy it all the same.

~Recommended at the price, an insatiable appetite
Wanna try?~

Alex's hands glowed with energy as she strummed the next notes, electricity sparking across the neck of the guitar as they moved from chord to chord.

~To avoid complications she never kept the same address
In conversation she spoke just like a baroness
Met a man from China went down to Geisha Minor
Then again incidentally if you're that way inclined~

~Perfume came naturally from Paris, for cars she couldn't care less
Fastidious and precise!~

~She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime~

With her higher vantage point she looked over the rest of the guests of the garden. It seemed like everyone was mingling, even Pierre, who was bouncing his turret (face?) to the song. She didn't envy not being part of the party: in her original life she was always invited to parties like this and was shown around like some sort of ornament. By adding to the ambiance of the party she was rejecting her old life while simultaneously being a good bard by setting the mood: two birds hit with the same rock-infused stone.

IntroCard_Sariel.png
Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Sariel was soon pulled out of his dysphoric thoughts when the gentle touch of Aya's finger upon the little girl's nose awoke him. Sariel was quite surprised as the fox woman suddenly started talking about how he was glaring, and how Sariel couldn't pull off a dress like that weird woman who was now talking to that pompous prick of satin cloth. "hey!" Sariel said out loud a tiny bit, as he'd try to nudge himself out of Aya's loose grip. "I could pull off a dress like that! And what do you mean till I'm older, I can grow up with magic!" Sariel irritably said to Aya, "And what do you mean glare?! I was just... uh... Menacingly staring into yonder space!" Sariel said with a somewhat bemused tone of voice, as he began to look at his surroundings.

"What happened to the lights? Did the sun die?"
He could hear the music off somewhere, but he couldn't recognize the song... hmm. Then suddenly a new lady appeared. With.... white hair? Is she an old woman? Wait why did so many people have such lightly coloured hair? Was this a covenant gathering?! Sariel was somewhat scared, he had an irrational fear of old ladies because of his grandma, who would pinch his cheeks until they felt like they bleeding. Bless that woman. Was Linneus secretly an old woman using transformation as well? Are they gonna eat me? What the other woman said frustrated the young girl once more. "I can grow up when I want to! Literally!.. Ugh," Sariel shouted moderately while staring at this so-called "Aria" person, champion of grandmas. Pft. Wait she's an old woman?

"B- but! I mean... Sorry... Uh" Sariel ran to hide behind Aya, and then began his introduction, "I- My name is Sariella Von Albuleus... I uhm... am an initiate... AND! I am very very strong so don't you dare not take me seriously!... You can call me Sariel if you want to I guess-" Sariel said with an inherently nervous tone as he avoided eye contact with Aria. "Also whose playing this song? It's really good. Hmph." He asked, to no one in particular. Suddenly she pointed at the guy standing atop the balcony, Sariel blankly stared and then shrugged. "Oh, the guy with that ugly haircut? Yeah, he helped us kill a super big monster thing! You should've seen it! I was really cool and heroic!" Sariel boasted.

But Sariel's bitter and bickerish attitude would soon be replaced with excitement. With sparkling eyes like any normal child's would, Sariel's eyes would be filled with child-like wonder as the tank called "Pierre" would be brought up and join the conversation. "HUH! Wait is that a real..." Sariel said he excitedly unhid himself and stood beside Aya. "Is that what you call it? Pierre? That's a fancy name, I like it! Is Pierre nice? Can he launch missiles and lasers? Ah! Can I ride on top of him? Can I?!" Sariel excitedly asked, a wide smile on his face. When Pierre joined the conversation, Sariel involuntarily let out a squeal.

"Hello, Mr Pierre! I'm Sariel! It's so nice to meet you! Can we be friends? We should be friends! We're friends now, right?" Sariel cheerfully bombarded Pierre. He was so excited. It was always his dream to one day ride a tank or something. They were cool from what he remembered in his old life, so seeing one up close in person is just the absolute best thing possible to happen while he was living as Sariel. "Wait! Mr Pierre, can I stand on top of you? Pretty please! Like... super pretty please with two strawberries on top!" Sariel asked the "Tank" with an excited tone of voice while holding both his hands.

7F3C4D23-B32B-4A64-B0E6-DA514967E2BB.jpeg

Tyrmar

Watching from above Tyrmar found some amusement at the odd looks sent his way by those standing in the courtyard below, as if the fact that one party entering meant that there was no danger hidden beneath. Though in this instance he admitted the situation had turned out for the better, this ‘Champion of Light’ seemed to come beating gifts and greetings to hide a deeper meeting.

Turning his head towards the clandestine meeting between the two leaders made him turn his head in confusion for a moment before turning back to the main party, immediately he let out a guffaw before quickly lowering things down to a chuckle.

‘One is innocent, two is coincidence, but three white haired beautiful women around him at the same time is cause for considerable ribbing.’ He grinned to himself at the thought and chuckled before turning back to the audience.

Seeing the musician stand and play another song gave him the opportunity he needed to find an open space among the crowd and drop down into a crouch from the roof.

Standing to his full height he made his way towards where Aya and Sariel were chatting up the guests before greeting them all.

“Good morning to the both of you, Aya and Sariel, I’m sorry I wasn’t here to receive the guests with you, I was exploring the City and didn’t think you’d want me waking you up for a stroll.” With a wink he turned to the visitors “Well met, I am Tyrmar, a companion to these two and a warrior under Count Light’s service. It’s an honor to meet you Lady Aria, and you as well Mr.Tank or would you prefer Sir Tank?”

saxon saxon Faynorae Faynorae Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo LadyOfStars LadyOfStars RavenSong RavenSong lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Elvario Elvario

1659109104621.png
Count Linneus Light

Linneus let out a heavy sigh. Her declining his offer was no surprise, but some part of him was grossly optimistic that she would accept. "The county is in a good state at the moment. I have taken it upon myself to ensure that, but my subordinates did do not appreciate me solving their problems for them. There is also a lack of barons in my county, which is why I have offered you the role." The Count turned to look over his shoulder, examining the other briefly, trying to guess at what they were all discussing. His eyes landed on Regula's bard friend for a moment, studying her odd lute and style of music. To have such unique people follow you, willingly, was an important detail. "So while my territories need work, it is not in the way you might think."

He turned back to look at Regula, nodding his head lightly. "I can understand your hesitance and your desire to still travel as you do now, but doing something for the greater good of the people requires sacrifice. But I will not try to coerce you into taking such an important role. You've come here for some advice and I will tell you what I can. Anything that you can take with you to prove your noble heritage will only help you. The Duchy is a credible source and may help you gain your position, but the other nobles will be very displeased that you are attempting to take power from their allies and themselves." His right hand came up and he tapped the center of his chest, implying that he had gone through such troubles.

"You can try to sway them all with gifts, but that would only make you look frightened by them, which is not the best way to begin a noble career. I would recommend performing some great deed, fulfilling a quest of some sort, something to show them your capability. It won't make you infallible, but it will make them more cautious in their approach of you." Linneus had gone the other route, using his merchant connections to secure favor with nobles and using their assistance to rise through the ranks. It was exhausting work and had someone warned him, he may have taken a different path. "Where will you go from here?" Linneus inquired.

Elvario Elvario

Regula
xhRVmYk.jpg
Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

Although it was technically a good thing that the county was in a good state, it wasn't what Regula hoped to hear. Building it back up from ruins or near-ruins would've been the type of great deed that might see her gain respect from nobles, adventurers, merchants and artisans alike. After all, she felt like just about everyone would respect such a feat, perhaps more so even than feats of combat. However, simply taking over something that was already going quite well and merely trying not to ruin it wouldn't be noticed by anyone. With Linneus himself being inexperienced, she wasn't sure how much she could hope to learn either.

In many ways, it felt like destiny was trying to buy her out. She could accept an easy and within reach chance at copper, or perhaps even silver, but would forfeit the smaller chance at obtaining gold later down the line. If she were to govern this barony, she'd wish to do it properly, which meant her attention would be there for a considerable amount of time. Without being able to turn that into a feat that'd get her acknowledged and without being assured that she could learn etiquette during such a period, there was preciously little to gain for her regarding her long term goals. In other words, she worried that it'd delay, rather than progress, her goals of becoming the queen of this nation.

She couldn't help noticing Light's glance at the rest of the people present, further away in the garden. “It seems we both have a tendency to ally ourselves with unique companions.” She said, with a smile. Gaining allies like Aria and Pierre, as well as Dark Witch lately, was probably one of her proudest accomplishments thus far. They were unique and useful in equal measures and they'd surely made the long trip here a whole lot more bearable.

Sadly enough, at the end of the day, she hadn't really learned or gained anything from this endeavour, other than having a count recognise her. Perhaps the latter could be useful in the future. For now, however, she could only acknowledge what he said. “Your words of wisdom confirm most of my suspicions.” As for his question where she'd go from there, she had to think about it. “I still desire to learn proper etiquette, as well as how to govern and deal with nobility. However, I've come to realise that performing a feat that gets me acknowledged might take precedence. An offer as generous as yours would have me tied to a location, which is not something I can afford without properly establishing my existence, so it seems natural to strive to obtain such a thing first and foremost.” She realised that sounded a bit grandiose, but she'd already said it.

There was just one more thing that she wished to explore. An option she'd only briefly stumbled upon, which her current plans might interject with. “From what I've gathered, you established some sort of order of knights. I'm not quite familiar with them, or with your goals regarding them, so forgive me if I'm too presumptuous, but I believe we can be of mutual benefit to one another. I'm willing to supply them with my craft at generous discounts and I'm not one to shy away from using my own crafts in the field, standing amidst their ranks. In turn, I merely hope for this to allow me the type of opportunities that you yourself have spoken off.” If she got to join, or perhaps even better, lead, some grandiose expeditions of a recently established order, it'd certainly get her enough recognition and connections for nobles to think twice about getting in her way.

Aya
unnamed (1).png

Aya bowed her head as Aria greeted her once again, "Ah, so similar to us then or well in a sense, there was a goblin threat which then turned out to be something larger; I was passing through at the time when I heard about the attacks. But after we took care of the threat, we were offered positions in his order," Aya explained as she listened to Aria try to say the word samurai for a moment. When Aria mentioned a singular tail, Aya feigned a hurt expression on her face. Which she held for a few more seconds before a smile appeared on her face.

"Sorry, sorry I couldn't help it, uh no, that is not why I have tails," Aya explained as she raised her three tails and separated them to make it easier to see. "I'm a Kitsune; we are similar to nekos I suppose, except we have fox-like appearances compared to cats," she concluded, continuing to listen to her speak. "Nope, definitely would not be me," She chuckled as Tyrmar was brought up, "Oh he is another member of the knight order," she assured Aria.

She then turned to the tank for a moment, and before she could stop, "That was French, wasn't it?" To which she quickly covered her mouth as that had slipped out. She glanced around for a moment before clearing her throat, "Aya," she introduced herself as she gave the tank a slight bow. She was going to speak more, but that was when Sariel chimed in on the conversation again.

Aya looked down at Sariel, "That right there is the problem; as soon as your magic wears off, your clothes would fall right off you. I seriously doubt you want to feel that embarrassment," Aya pointed out as she patted the child on the head before she rushed around to hide behind her, which she couldn't help but laugh at for a moment. Aya let out a small sigh as Sariel was being a bit rude and badgering the tank a little bit. Aya placed her hands over one another at her waist and bowed almost to 90 degrees. "You will have to forgive her, she is still young, and I'm still trying to teach her manners," Aya apologized as Tyrmar finally joined the group.

"Good morning Tyrmar," Aya greeted the man with a slight nod of her head as she turned to face him for a moment. "Well, that's fine, I didn't know we were receiving guests today either, so it just sort of happened," Aya admitted before glancing around at the group, which was undoubtedly an odd group for sure.

Mentions:
Elvario Elvario
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
RavenSong RavenSong

E9779975-C28E-4097-B504-26DFA879D19A.png

Aria listened intently at Aya's story, it seemed she was quite familiar with battle. Although she was curious to what extent she could wield it. And like Aria, had a similar story of meeting with the Count. Upon inquiring about the kitsune's tail however she paused, when she noticed her feigned frowning, she fell for it. “Did I say something-?” tilting her head lightly with confusion, before raising her eyebrows at the animal eared ones smile. After she explained, Aria's expression softened. “I..I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it that way.” With that the kitsune revealed her various tails, mystical and eerie at the same time. To Aria, Aya seemed like some otherworldly creature, something out of a dream. Not as astonished as when she met Pierre however. The war maiden would keep her composure, “I’m delighted!” She said with a smile, before the little girl beside her, huffed and puffed about things. “Is that so? You can just.. grow up whenever you want to? Really?” She asked, when suddenly Aya jested about her clothes, Aria covered her mouth trying her best not to laugh.

Before Aria could ask anything else however, her attention shifted to Sariel who appeared to become ecstatic over her fellow comrade, then towards the tank before them.

When the tank mentioned the weather in his introduction she sulked a bit. Remembering the endless rain, her muddied boots, and general unkempt appearance of the weeks that they spent getting there. The cold, the exhaustion. Not to mention the blighted forest of dark memories. She shuddered, “I’m.. just happy to have accomplished our mission. And here we are, back in Light territory.” She said keeping her attention anchored in the present.

Aria then brought a hand up to her lips with amusement at Sariel who was being as blunt and straightforward as could be, “Please, Pierre isn’t offended by such things, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind..” Aria then tapped the tank's hull with her elbow gently, still unsure if he could feel. “..isn’t that right Pierre?” She said as she turned to Aya, bowing with deep regret.

“Aw, please rise miss Knight..” she said to Aya. “..no harm done.” Her head tilted with curiosity about a certain detail however. “Oh? So you are Sariel's caretaker then?”

It was then that the topless knight made his appearance, not really noticing him approaching until he began to speak. “Oh?” She gasped, a bit surprised that this Tyrmar was simply allowed to walk about without a top. She put aside her thoughts at once however as she bowed her head gently forward after his introduction, her hair hanging off the side of her head gracefully. “I assure you, the honor is mine Sir Tyrmar. Pleased to make your acquaintance.” Rising to meet Tyrmars eyes. “I can’t help but notice it was you outside just a little while ago. Forgive me if I’m wrong but it almost seemed like you were displaying your martial skills to the children out there.”

Last edited:

With the crowd of people flocking to see her performance Alex wasn't too broken up about missing the conversation her friends were having. Taking a glance over to where Aria and Pierre were she noticed that Regula had moved to someplace else with Count Light. She simply shrugged. She wasn't a guest of honor like they were: she was an entertainer, and she was just about to hit the guitar solo.

As she strummed her guitar the first few notes flew from her fingertips and became balls of light that began hovering around the air like fireflies. Her mind became numb and she lost all sense of self. Who was she? Where was she? It didn't matter: what mattered at that moment was rocking out to the song that was being fed into her mind from the World Tree. She took a step from the raised garden platform she was standing on and landed on the tiled floor of the outdoor feature, and the tiles lit up where she stood. She took the guitar and swung it around, her outfit and hair swaying in the wind, her movements and steps reminiscent of a waltz. When the solo ended she found herself towards the middle of the garden, drawing the crowd to her, and as she continued her song she gained more and more consciousness.

~Drop of a hat she's as willing as
Playful as a pussy cat
Then momentarily out of action
Temporarily out of gas
To absolutely drive you wild!~

~She's all out to get you!~

~She's a Killer Queen!
Gunpowder, gelatin
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime!~

And with that she performed the finishing solo and the song was over. As soon as the music ended all of the effects that she had conjured ended, returning the garden to the way it was. She panted as the crowd applauded her, and she whipped the sweat from her brow. Her fingers still tingled where energy was flowing through them. The power the World Tree had over her during the song was something she had never felt before. It was like it was controlling her, even from a different plane of reality. She felt comfort in knowing that it had her back, but knew that it wouldn't be enough to stop the Demon King on its own. She turned her gaze to the group talking amongst each other: each of them were warriors in their own right, joining together under one banner to combine their strengths and cover their weaknesses. "I need a posse like that..." she mused, before asking one of the servants for a glass of liquor.

Create Stage - Magic E, Music Affinity F, Control Environment, Spell Duration F, Spell AOE F - you turn the 10 ft. of area around you into a stage, complete with stage lights and speakers. This lasts for 1 minute or until dismissed - Grade E - 1 Post Cooldown

Pierre Rothel - > ({Aria}) RavenSong RavenSong ({Aya}) saxon saxon ({Sariel}) Faynorae Faynorae [Tyrmar] AbenSur AbenSur
1659213778125.png
({Friends})
[Neutral]
<Enemies>
{------------}

"Rest assured, Sariel, you may hop on or have a look inside the hull. As for the laser beams and rockets part.. I don't exactly fire things like that, but instead I have a functional cannon and ammunition stored. I just haven't found out how to get it working by myself is all." Pierre said with a chuckle in reaction to Sariel's childlike excitement with meeting a metal carriage like himself. Almost made him remember the first time he and his comrades had ever seen their tanks being delivered.

He then turned to Aya, who blurted out her perception of his language.

"..Yes.. it was.." He wasn't really sure what to say about it. But nonetheless he nodded his barrel in respect.

"Reasonable to, Aria. I was worried you three were gonna catch a cold." He replied to Aria sincerely, as he had been concerned for their health back then.

Looking at the new arrival, who named himself Tyrmar, Pierre nodded. "A pleasure to meet you too, Sir Tyrmar. Please, call me Pierre."

"That song.. has a really nice strength to it." The tank mused as Alex finished her song. "Don't you think?" He asked the other four for their opinions of the song.

IntroCard_Sariel.png
Badmouthing people instinctively.
Sariel suddenly realised the way he had begun to act. Almost as if there was a switch in his head, he quickly changed his attitude and shaked his head. Slapping his face a few times, he looked at Aya, to reply to her statement. "W- Wh- What're ya talkin' about...y- you! No, it would not! I'm sure of it... I think. I don't even think I can take off my clothes within that state..." Sariel shouted before numbing into a more embarrassing state. His face looked as if he'd fallen face flat into a pile of rouge. The girlish body crossed his arms looking the other way with an irritated look on his face. "Also whaddya mean? I know manners! I call people I tolerate mister, miss and missus and I say thank you when I feel the deed was genuine. Ain't that the peak of etiquette?" The girl said fervently while looking in the opposite direction.

As Aria questioned Sariel on his ability, Sariel chimed chipperly. "Well of course! Wanna see?" Sariel asked delightfully as if he could prove the point. "B- But the clothes I'm forced to wear are lame, and feathers grow out of my head and they're really... Itchy." Sariel complained as he looked at his shoes. "Actually! The outfit I'm wearing now is hella lame! It's too... Dainty. Soft! I need something to make people take me more seriously." The child mused, looking around as if to compare what he was wearing to everyone around.

Pointing toward Regula and Linneus, Sariel blurted out as if it was instinctual, "Like that pompous prick and that starry dress grandma-" Sariel covered his mouth, realising what he said, "I mean! My grandma is pompous! S- She... uh... uses pricks to eat apple slices and she loves dresses with starry patterns. That was absolutely what I was talking about..! We should all meet her one day when I find out where I use to live." Sariel nervously explained, trying to stray from what he blurted out. Hopefully, they didn't notice was what he thought.

"Anyway! This music is really really good! Whose playing it? I would love 'ta meet 'em!" Sariel nervously said straying a bit from the group as he tried to change the subject. "It's that girl with the witchy costume right? She's really cool! Like a dark evil witch of musical destruction! I wish I could sing." Sariel pointed at Alex with a tone of praise as he nervously laughed.

Sariel then turned his attention back to Pierre. "Woah! So you don't have super cool magic laser beams which cause excruciating explosive pain? Awee." Sariel looked downward slightly disappointed. He then turned back up with a smile, "But you have a functional cannon? And Ammunition? That's so cool!!... But how do I climb on top of you, Mister Pierre? I've never climbed a tank before you see." Sariel said with a childlike cheerful tone. He then cleared his throat and interlocked his hands together as he looked toward Pierre's turret. "Please enlighten me, Mister Pierre!" Sariel excitedly asked.

Sariel then brightened a bit as well as he recalled what Aya said about french or whatever. Sariel knew one french word, "I know some of that weird language too, Mr Piere! Uhmmmm... Dulce means sweet right?" Sariel revelingly raised his hand above his eye and another he put against his hip, "I know this, for I am the one and only Angel of Sweetness! The graceful guardian of Love and Just-" Sariel's face went red for a second as he realised what he was doing. He crouched down, covering his face in inherent embarrassment. "Please make it seem as if none of you saw or heard that." He loudly proclaimed, hugging his knees.

Tyrmar
“Ah please, titles like Sir are far too lofty for someone such as I, please simply call me Tyrmar. As for the display in the streets, I was just showing off for some young children, while martial matters are not meant for everyone for those with the desire and drive it’s good to stoke those flames early.” Turning to the sound of the wonderful music that had erupted into a makeshift stage for the finale Tyrmar couldn’t help but let out an applause as well as a whistle at her skill.

“Strength is an understatement Pierre, I’m jealous of you for getting such great musical accompaniment for your travels, I could listen to music like that for hours on end!” The day seemed to be blessing him with entertainment as Sariel’s blushed features and embarrassed mannerisms when paired with the sudden song were truly a sight that drew barely covered snickers from his mouth as he waved away her pleas.

“It’s nothing to worry about Sariel, it’s perfectly fine to be overly excited at the sight of such a well built beast such as Pierre. I’m sure he takes it as a compliment, and besides we’re already used to you being embarrassed so no harm no foul! Right Aya?” He truly wondered how he held a straight face as he cheekily gave Aya a grin and a thumbs up over the small child’s head.

Faynorae Faynorae saxon saxon lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo RavenSong RavenSong

Linneus Light

While Linneus could understand, Regula wanting to build a name for herself, he could hardly say he didn't suspect there to be more to her. Wanting a position of power and turning it down to do something like gain renown made little sense to him. Perhaps it was because he was a very poor excuse for a noble, but wanting to...establish your existence seemed odd to him. He didn't protest however, it was not his place to criticize the goals others set for themselves. Instead he focused on the interest that she showed in the Order. It was a struggle getting the project off the ground, but he finally managed to gain some traction with the latest pool of recruits, which meant that very soon they could begin their work. "Ah yes, the Order." He started. "I am attempting to bring together a group of skilled men and women who, like myself, are willing to commit to protecting those who cannot protect themselves. I know there is the Adventurer's Guild ,the King's army, and other nobles with their own knights, but often times those groups are corrupt, greedy, or only seek to protect special interests. My goal is to create a group that will not be hindered by rules and restrictions set down by self-serving nobles."

So far he had managed to recruit a unique group of people all with pure intentions, he hoped. Aya was a skilled swordswoman and Niall just as fierce and brave. Sariel....had some growing to do, but someone willing to do the right thing should never be turned away. He had hopes that Aria would be able to commit to the Order and then there was the Blue Knight, Michael. despite pledging his cooperation, it had been some time since last he and Linneus made contact. And now Regula seemed willing to put her support and time into in the Order. "Whether you're making weapons or participating in missions, you will be greatly appreciated." Linneus then rose from his seat, flattening the wrinkles in his outfit with the palms of his hands. "Are there any other questions I can answer for you?"

Across the garden, the servants handed Alex a glass of wine and they were lacking in liquor. "I'm sorry madam, but we only have red and white wines here." The woman explained as she bowed her head. "I'd also like to say your performance was spectacular, I've never heard such a style of music before." While the other members of the staff started to retreat back to their responsibilities, the woman who was with Alex lingered a while. "Where did you learn to play in such a way?" She inquired.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong AbenSur AbenSur Faynorae Faynorae Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster saxon saxon

Regula
xhRVmYk.jpg
Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars

As Regula was silently listening to Linneus, she noticed there was a bit of an odd mention. Protecting those that cannot protect themselves. It reminded Regula of some heroic epics of hero's standing up against tyranny. However, after some recent experiences, she was curious. “Who would you include in that category? Would it even extend to those with criminal or monster titles?” She figured that if she were to work together with this count (and now that she no longer needed any favours from him) she might as well be blunt with the tough questions.

There was one thing that stood out even more, which was the idea that the Order would be very free in their actions. That sounded odd and dangerous in equal measures. “A knight order not restricted by the rules of others? With all due respect, that sounds like a declaration of war against the rest of nobility.” She was wondering if she wasn't the only one planning to start some form of uprising at some point, as this was a lot more extreme sounding than she anticipated. “As much as I agree on an ideological basis, I do have to question how much you threaten the stability of your own county by creating such a, from the perspective of the rest of the nobility, lawless order of knights.”

She wanted to test this count a bit more, before she'd make a final decision. “Also, if you don't mind me asking, what's your personal motivation in all this? You seem to put a great deal of effort into securing the safety and prosperity of the people. Both in your barony and with this order.”

There was one final thing on her mind. “In either case, I'd wish to meet with the other high ranking members of this Order, if possible. Or is there no hierarchical structure in place as of yet?” She wasn't sure how established the order was thus far. In fact, she wasn't sure of much regarding it. Either way, she figured that at least meeting the folk in it would be a great start. “I'd also offer to introduce you to my own companions, but I've gathered you're already familiar with Aria and Pierre. The girl over there, Alex, is a bard we picked up on our way here. As you may have heard, she's got some rather unique music.”

Alex shrugged her head and took the glass of wine, downing the entire thing in one go. Where she comes from alcohol is as common as water is everywhere else, so the wine was the equivalent to a cup of grape juice. With a breath of relief she turned her attention to the woman that gave her the refreshment. "My music is exotic here, but where I come from everyone has some ability to play music." The witch unwound the electric guitar from her shoulder and placed it against one of the standing garden plots, observing it like a warrior inspects their weapon. "When one from my world is born and assigned their genre of music they are given a test to see which instrument they are meant to play. While I wasn't brought up like everyone else, my calling was this beauty right here."

Alex stood back and smiled as she glanced over the guitar, falling in love all over again with its design. It, along with her witch outfit, and been a gift from her human brother on Earth, and they had been with her ever since. With a pang of guilt she realized that this was the first time she had thought about her brother since being spirited away to her original home world. Last she saw him he was stuck in bed with his illness. She wondered for a moment how he was doing, but only for a moment, as she knew in her heart the answer even if she didn't want to think it. As though it could read her thoughts the guitar plucked a couple of its strings in a somber melody.

Being brought back to reality she turned her gaze back to the group of adventurers. "I should probably break the ice and introduce myself, shouldn't I?" she asked the servant rhetorically. Swinging her guitar back over her shoulder and taking another glass of wine, she made her way to the odd group of individuals. With each step she thought about what she should say to introduce herself, but her mind was thinking slower than her legs, as she had walked up to the group in no time and was standing there awkwardly. Mentally saying fuck it she decided to start a conversation with Aria and hope that introductions would flow naturally. "Hey, Aria! I see you and Pierre made some friends. Did you like my song? I was a hit with the servants, but I hope that Regula got a chance to hear it..."

E9779975-C28E-4097-B504-26DFA879D19A.png

Amused by Sariels comments as she defended herself from Ayas teasing she smiled again, she was oddly reminded by the companionship she shared with Alex and Pierre. Turning to Sariel, Aria decided to encourage the girlish boy; she was charmed by his upbeat personality, and flighty thoughts. “Hmm, I’m sure it's a lovely outfit..” she insisted as she kneeled down to her level. Lifting his gaze towards her as he gazed at the ground before him with a careful finger under his chin. “..you’d be surprised where even the smallest amount of confidence will take you.” She said, tilting her head with a smile before getting back up disregarding her insults about the Count and the “starry dressed grandma”, which she found adorably amusing. She wondered how someone so young would be one of Linneus' knights though. She would have asked, if Sariel wasn’t so taken by Pierre. She’d let it go for now.

She then took a glass of wine from one of the servants serving drinks, taking a sip, then shutting her eyes and shaking her head as her pallet adjusted to the taste of alcohol. Unlike Alex, Aria wasn’t much of a drinker, she usually had to remain as sharp as she could to break up bar fights, or help people home when the tavern closed. However, it felt good to finally just enjoy herself if but for a moment in such a lavish environment and with potential future companions.

Soon enough her eyes rested upon the topless man, he carried himself with a certain confidence that seasoned warriors possessed. Yet, she wasn’t quick to assume anything about him.
“I see, well it’s a pleasure Tyrmar, I am Aria of Highgrove..” she continued. “..I surely share your thoughts on educating the young on the concerns for their own safety and that of others. Ryken is a vast place, but people are needy, it’s hard to tell when anyone would attempt to take or hurt to take from the weak and innocent.” Aria paused there, not wanting to completely delve into much deeper matters. After all, this was simply a meeting; an exchange of trust between people who cared to help Linneus reach an ultimate goal, or at the very least make Ryken into a better place, or so she thought.

As if on queue, Alex's song had ended, and she joined the others in applause. When the musical witch had reached Aria, she gave her a hug. Answering her question, she began, “Yes, I certainly loved it! I'd have danced along, but.." She stuttered nervously, holding her arm. "..I'm hopeless.. I don't know how to dance, even less so with a partner.” Aria then leaned in to whisper in Alex’s ear. “A most fitting tune for Lady Regula’s current disposition though.”

Aria then turned towards the others and back to Alex. “Please excuse me, this is Alex, our very talented traveling bard.” She said, before getting another glass of wine and offering it to Alex.

Aria then looked away, a bit absent minded as she began to wonder what was taking Regula and Linneus so long to sort out. She caught a glance of him standing before looking towards Pierre. “Hmm, yes.. bless your kind heart, Sir Pierre. Lucky for me I didn’t catch any sort of illness. And lucky for you, to not rust under such damp conditions” She would almost bring up the detail about her frustration in the forest, the charming Robin Hood man that helped them out of the forest and then finally the maddening forest road. She abstained however, and started towards the feast laid out before them instead and began trying all the various foods that were simply delicious. “Mmm..” she hummed approvingly with eyes closed. “..it feels like ages since I last ate.” she said softly.

Last edited:
Aya
unnamed (1).png

Aya smirked as Sariel started to question if her clothes would stay on after the transformation or not. She just covered her mouth as she smiled, trying not to show it. "Yes, yes, though I wish you would be more like that to people you just met, first impressions are important," Aya points out, not scolding the child but just making a statement as Sariel embarrassed herself once again as the child talked about being a guardian of love, to which Aya chuckled and knelt. "Oh, but why it was so cute," Aya smiled as she started to ruffle the child's hair.

Afterward, Aya picked the child up and placed her on top of the tank's hull, "Now, don't fall off," she advised the girl before turning back to the others around her. She looked toward Tyrmar and nodded in agreement, "Yes, she is often embarrassed about one thing or another, so it's normal for me anyway." Now turning to the witch singing songs, Aya wasn't entirely sure what to think. They were good, but each person had their tastes in music.

Now turning her attention back to Aria and Alex, the two seem fairly close from her perspective. Aya wasn't sure if it was over a long journey or mutual interests. She guessed it was somewhat similar to the knights the count had recruited to his side. However, Aya didn't think of herself as a knight. When it came to knights, she always thought of them in heavy armor and riding upon a horse, which didn't fit her in the slightest. But, it was something to do, and she didn't see the harm in being in the region for a time. After all, Sariel was funny to watch if not a pain to keep track of from time to time.

Mentions:
Elvario Elvario
LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
RavenSong RavenSong

Tyrmar

“Good to meet you Bard Alex my name is Tyrmar, your friends’ praise undersells your skill even as noteworthy as it is. Why I didn’t think I’d hear music like that ever again and I’d love to hear anymore songs you have to perform, truly thank you.” After speaking to the musician of his earnest and lavish praise he gave her a short bow in thanks to her performance. He truly hadn’t heard music like hers in all his time in the new world, the fact that it was one of the types of music he most enjoyed in his old life only caused the grin across his face to shine brighter.

Turning to Aria he saw her partaking of the food and wine that’d been laid out, one look at the generous spread of snacks and his belly that had only partaken of fruit for the day found itself grumbling hungrily.

222E40F4-71FB-4F02-9028-CBCF7D33039B.gif

“Ah treats prepared by seasoned hands always taste sweet, come fellow warriors and protectors true, to the battlefield of baked goods!” Though an obvious attempt at getting them all to talk and accompany each other other food he still made his way to the table, thanking the servants as he passed by.

Quickly he found himself by Aria’s side sating his hunger as he filled a plate with small confections.

lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster RavenSong RavenSong

Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo saxon saxon Faynorae Faynorae

Last edited:
Pierre Rothel - ({Sariel}) Faynorae Faynorae - ({Aria}) - RavenSong RavenSong - ({Tyrmar}) AbenSur AbenSur - ({Alex}) lXlGamemaster lXlGamemaster - [^Linneus^] LadyOfStars LadyOfStars
1659655021491.png1659676072060.png
({Friends})
[^Neutral Positive^]
[Neutral]
[V Neutral Negative V]
<{Negative}>
._.---------------------._.

"Enlighten you I shall, Sariel. There are multiple ways to climb onto one such as myself; Hopping onto the front hatch as it's closed, using the Rear Trench-Frame as a platform to step onto the treads and sit on the hull, or step the lowest point of the treads to get on the hull. For entering the inside, you can simply open out the front hatch. Mind the top part under my turret though, wouldn't want to bang your head while entering. There's also the Commander's hatch on the back of my turret, from there you would need to enter feet first. Watch your head though, you might hit the cannon's breach or stub your foot on a shell."

Pierre's tone as he gave Sariel this enlightenment sounded very much so as if he were a father teaching his kid the ropes of something he was passionate about. Not that he's to blame since he did sometimes get geeky about weapons and vehicles back in the war. Speaking of vehicles though, he thought back to the other types of Tanks he had seen but not actually operated. There was the British's Mark series tanks, which in his opinion were probably the most wacky of them all due to having 2 cannons, one on each sponson per side, and their unique shape. Then there was his nation's Saint Chamond, which came shortly after the Renault FT-17's development. He also couldn't forget the German's A7V. 'The moving Fortress' as his British and American allies referred it as, and for a good reason too. It had Armaments that covered every side around it, and boasted a powerful main gun at the front. Only thing is though, it was a rather bigger and easier to hit target than the Mark tanks, so it was reasonable in his opinion that they resorted to using captured tanks against his allies.

1659677220656.png
1659677375275.png

1659677536644.png

His musing was then interrupted as Aya proceeded to simply pick up Sariel and place him on his hull. "..That works too. Assistance from peers is also a way." He said, turning his Turret to face him. "Enjoying it comrade?" He asked.

His attention was then turned to Tyrmar's remarks about Alex. "I do feel lucky and blessed to have her with us, Tyrmar. Not only is she a wonderful friend, but also a very helpful companion in our journey here." He chuckled warmly. He meant it too, cause if it weren't for her helpfulness back in the woods, they certainly would've had a much worse time with the mind magic.

Speaking of his heavy metal (Not literally) friend, it seems as though she had arrived for socialization.

"I say, Alex, that had to be one of the le plus magnifique songs I've ever heard from your unique style. Translated, le plus magnifique is Most magnificent." He felt it was needed to avoid unintentionally offending anyone like he had with calling Regula Mistress.

"Also, Aria. If I was born as a human I would've gladly guided you through it. It's a friend's job to lend another a hand right?" In the back of his mind he was praying to god she wouldn't take it as a flirt.

Now rolling over to accompany the others as they ate, with Sariel still presumably on his hull, Pierre laid stationary on Aria's side opposite to Tyrmar, as he took in the sight of the cooked/baked goods laid out for his comrades.

"If only I had a functioning mouth..." He lamented, although sounding like he was saying it in a joking way to hide his partial longing to gain access to a human form sometime.

Last edited:
Count Linneus Light

"Monsters?" Linneus was taken aback by the question, but didn't think too much into it. "Criminals, yes....they should be put through the legal system if they are to be punished. But monsters would eat you and I without hesitation, regardless of how we might try to protect them." He explained briefly. It was a question he had not taken the time to consider before, but he had an answer for it all the same. Seeing has her curiosity had not been sated, Linneus sat back down and made himself comfortable.

"When I say rules I am referring not to the laws that govern this nation, but to special or unique rules not ratified by the monarchy that are put in place by nobles to protect their selfish interests and shady dealings. It is to be expected that we would ruffle some feathers and I would perhaps make some enemies in looking out for the little guy and forcing others to play by the rules, but anything worth doing is never easy and always comes with risk." He had given a great deal of thought to this matter in the past, but if they were to truly protect the commonfolk, that would mean stepping on the toes of and making enemies of those who gain from their suffering. "My territory might take some of the backlash of that, but my barons and I will handle that as it comes."

His motivation. "I have been working towards this for quite some time now, I've almost forgotten why I started." A bashful smile stretched across his face momentarily, before being replaced with a soft pout. "Prior to my ascension I was a regular socialite, enjoying the comfort of Ryken society that my wealth and connections afforded me, but I would always hear news of some city that was suffering or whispers of a nobles unscrupulous deeds. It made my skin crawl and my heart break. I became a noble for the sole purpose of putting an end to those things." He looked to Regula for a split second and then shook his head and shrugged his shoulders as if to dismiss his dreamy ideals.

"I am familiar with majority of your party and your bard friend seems pleasant enough, but I do hope that if I am able to get to know you all better. As for the Order's leaders, I have only just returned to the capital with these newly recruited warriors. Aya, Tyrmar, Sariel. Two members are missing however; Niall and Michael. I will fill its leadership positions once everyone is accounted for." The thought of setting the leadership and getting the Order started, made him even more curious as to where the Blue Knight had gone.

Regula
xhRVmYk.jpg
Mentions: Linneus LadyOfStars LadyOfStars | Alex @IXIGamemaster | Aria RavenSong RavenSong | Aya saxon saxon | Tymar AbenSur AbenSur | Pierre Beetlebuggo Beetlebuggo | Sariel Faynorae Faynorae

Regula was slowly getting a better grasp on the extend of Light's modern morals. She wasn't planning to go into an argument about it, as she was somewhat on the same page as him, but there was one thing she wished to point out. “I've personally seen up close how brutally harsh the legal system can be to someone and how titles are abused as a way to make someone a complete outlaw. Have you noticed the usage of orbs to scan people for their titles? It's pretty common among city guards. However, any type of act, no matter how vile, against someone with a criminal title will not warrant gaining a criminal title of your own. The moment people know you have such a title, you'd basically be unprotected by anything or anyone. Even those forced into a position to steal to provide for themselves, will instantly be put outside of the law and straight into the hands of those who wish to do evil without repercussion. It sets up a system that allows the rich to effectively pressure the poorest into submission to a degree far more inherent than it should be. I'm not sure what deity or system governs the acquisition of criminal titles, but I believe it is heavily flawed and the fact that a lot of legal systems are currently based on it means they too, are heavily flawed.” She'd gotten a bit more excited than she should be, now that she was finally giving away some of her personal morals and motivations. “It's one of the first and most drastic things I'd wish to change, were I to obtain a strong enough position of power.” She halted herself, falling just short of announcing her plans to become queen. She'd already said enough, thus far.

If anything, she might best tie her own words back to what Light had told her. “In other words, I think it's not just the nobles and their rules that need change. It's the system itself, of using criminal titles as a basis for the legal system, without regard for context or situation. The latter is what allows nobles to fully exploit people without constraint.” With some luck, she could extend Light's desire for change to the throne itself, as that would really help her in the long-run. For now, however, she just wanted to see how aware he was of the issue. “I do wish to comment you on your desire to take risks for the greater good. I've seen enough people that continuously calculate their every move, yet always come to the conclusion that inaction is their only way forwards.”

She perked up at the mention of Michael. “The Blue Knight? He once introduced me to the Adventurer's Guild during a Horned Rabbit hunt. Last I knew of him, he was helping me on a mission in the Magic Duchy... Come to think of it, I heard of his success from an external source, not from Michael himself. I wonder if he even made it back to Ryke...” Michael didn't seem to be one to fall easy, but perhaps even he could fall for some sort of trap. “I'll make sure to keep an out out for him.” She decided, although she wasn't sure if looking for him was warranted. Surely he could take care of himself, right?

Either way, she stood up. “I've taken up enough of your time, thank you for the welcome and for your advice.” She said, giving him a short bow. She wasn't really desiring answers to her theories, so she didn't expect him to formulate them either. Instead, she wished to meet back up with her companions and introduce herself to the knights of the Order. Perhaps she could even get her hands on some food and a glass of wine, if Alex hadn't already drunk Light's entire supply.

As she headed over to them, she noticed everyone had roughly gathered around Pierre. “Good afternoon.” She said, as she looked around to those around. Her eyes were caught slightly longer upon the three fluffy looking tails adorned by Aya, as she was filled by an urge to pet them and see if they were every bit as soft as she imagined them to be. However, she had enough mental fortitude to do away such thoughts and be professional. “I'm Regula, blacksmith, enchanter, beginning adventurer and, if the details get settled, perhaps a new member of the Order.” She figured she'd, at the very least, discuss these details with Aria first, wishing to have a second opinion from someone she'd been around with for quite some time by now. However, if Aria didn't have any arguments against it, their joining the ranks was a very likely outcome.

She then turned to Alex. “Although I didn't catch much of it, your song of choice was pretty interesting.” She said with a smile. “I wonder how much of a crowd you'd be able to gather with that music in Ryken's central plaza.” Come to think of it, getting some popular songs written in her favour would be amazing for publicity. She figured she should definitely think upon that some more, at a later date.

Last edited:

Alex was glad that she had gone to Aria first and welcomed the hug. "You're a lot better at dancing than you might give yourself credit for. You just so happen to be better with a sword as your partner than a person." She smiled and winked at her hidden compliment before turning her attention towards the rest of the group. Now that she could get a close look at them she could make out their personalities more.

The first to approach was the shirtless man Tyrmar. She was distracted for a time before he bowed but was able to shake it off while he wasn't looking. "Hell yeah! Nice to meet someone with good taste!" She glanced over at the fox girl Aya and nodded towards her in greeting. She wasn't being distracted by her tails this time, but instead was lost in her eyes as they scanned Alex head to toe. She could tell that she liked her performance, but felt like she was Simon Cowell getting ready to judge her. Pierre was always a treat, and it looked like he had a new hood ornament crawling around on him. She smiled at his compliment. "Merci monsieur." she replied with a wink.

Once introductions were out of the way Regula came back from her conversation with Count Light. With so many hot people around Alex brought her wine glass to her face, hoping she could use it as an excuse for her flushed face. At her remark she took a swig and laughed at her last remark. "We'd definitely get a crowd if we formed that band you proposed this morning. Flavours of Metal is what you wanted to call it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back