• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Isekai Champions rp page (a medieval fantasy affair)

OOC
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Upon reaching the other side of the star channel you are transported to a dark place once more. What can only be described as a glowing person tells you a vauge set of rules before giving you a exquisite weapon and a strange title that you can somewhat translate to mean as "A unique power"
Then they give you a single goal. Before you can agree or comprehend what all these odd words mean you experience a visual rollercoaster of bright colours and awaken in a small church beside a large purple crystal at least eight feet tall.
Outside the church is a village from a story book or fantasy movie, it's certainly different from where you were previously on earth.
3b0a66ebac1b9c92c3dc51aa45b76e5e.jpg
You and four others awaken at the same time, the only thing in common you all have is the outfit your wearing. Some sort of tunic large enough to keep this experience PG13.
That and each of you carry a weapon that can only be described as magnificent.

Before any of the five god sent champions could speak, the edgy looking young man with a katana gazed at each of them and a wave of terror washed across his face before running out of the church without a word. That young man with cool black hair and a katana was gone, leaving four champions sent from the gods alone in the church.
"This is all real odd..."
20211226_214355.jpg
This man stood over six feet with messy black hair and a beard that matched, it's safe to say this man used steroids at some point or is just a freak genetic athlete. Like you he has a god given weapon, The big man holds a large scythe in one hand like a pole to lean on...
"Im not crazy, you guys were at that place right? With three moons and the glowing woman?"
=======================
Jasno Jasno Dextra Dextra Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon
Your characters awake in the church, no post order but try and let everyone post once before you go again.
If you fail to post I shall give you a reminder, I'll mention the post requirements is two paragraphs or more one a week but you can go beyond that. Sorry it isn't a huge post but I figure I can try and show instead of tell when it comes to learning in game.
I will make a OOC page for questions and conversation, I'd like to ask you describe your character a bit as we won't have a cs page. Just mention the weapon they hold and a bit about how they look to avoid confusion.

Last edited:
1640564386515.png

A young man with slicked, professional hair who looked like he belonged working in a bank soon found himself in the middle of a small church. He took a few seconds to blink and look around as he tried to figure out what the hell was going on. Just a moment before he had been on the beach and saw... what he could only call a divine figure. From the little glimpses through his tunic, the young professional man seemed decently fit, but certainly was dwarfed in size to the giant man in terms of both height and mass. The young man looked at his hand where his dagger was. It looked just as magnificent as any other of the others had. However, any stranger who walked into the church right now would likely have freaked out at the sight of four random people in tunics brandishing weapons. The young man attempted to hide his weapon under his tunic so that it wasn't as obvious as another person seemed to book it out of the church. He secretly thanked the gods... or in this case god for providing him with a small weapon. It was easier to keep discreet and out of sight than a giant sword or a scythe.The young man looked at the katana wielding stranger with confusion and tried to call out "Hey! Wait!" but it was likely to no avail.

The giant muscular man then spoke. The young man looked to the giant and said "Yea, I have no idea what's going on, but that guy who just ran off looks like he needs some help or something." The young man then began to walk towards the exit that the frightened man took. He looked outside and paused in his footsteps. "What the hell..." the young man muttered to himself as he saw a sight straight out of the movies. A small fantasy, medieval-esque village... that's what sat outside the church building. All five of them would easily be noticed. The young man walked back to the others inside the church. "We're... nowhere near home. Hell, it looks like the Shire out there. Perfect, little picturesque fantasy village." The young man said as he pointed at the giant crystal. The young man then began to walk around the inside of the church to see if he could find out more about what was going on. Perhaps, they could find a religious book or something around? Hell, would stuff be written in English? Did the people here even speak English? If not, trying to explain this all to the natives was going to be one hell of a task. As the young man was searching he also then called out. "I'm Jay by the way. I really hope the people here will be able to understand us, otherwise it's going to be hard trying to explain why there's five people in tunics carrying around katanas, giant scythes and other weapons around in the middle of a village. Now... is there an altar here or something that might have some sort of book or texts on it..."

Jay continued his search but began to think back on what had just happened... The lady... goddess(?) had mentioned that she would tie all of his sins to him as he crossed the river. Jay was no saint, but he wasn't some sadistic mass murderer and rapist. He wasn't weighed down by much at least probably not as much as some other sinful people. It made him question what the purpose of forcing them to cross with their sins weighing them down was. Sure it was part of the test, but symbolically... it also meant that they carried their sins to the other side of the river. They still bore their sins in this... "new life" that they had been given. Maybe Jay was just overthinking it, but they all woke up in this church bearing their weapons. Maybe... the size of their weapons indicated the size of their sins? Jay looked at the giant man with a large scythe through the corner of his eye for a second as he looked around the church. He made a mental note to himself to be somewhat wary of that man as he continued his search for information or anything useful.

Fukushima Izumi

mood like a calm stream

location church in another world

tag NeonFlow NeonFlow Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

outfit large tunic
It was scary. Swimming across the star channel with the weight of Izumi's sins quite literally dragging her down. They weren't a lot but they managed to give her somewhat of a struggle as she was someone without proper knowledge of knowing how to swim. But she prevailed. And her efforts were rewarded handsomely. Not many could say they were chosen as a god's champion and given gifts beyond imagination. But she could. The goal designated to her was a hefty one. It was one she was most likely incapable of achieving with her current skillset. Izumi had to become strong. Strong enough to slay the forthcoming foes with a single slash. Although it was good to have such plans in mind it was all too soon to think of these things. After all, she had just been reborn. As the young man with the black hair and katana rushed out anyway with what looked to be a face full of fright her eyes wandered around the church she found herself in. Everything was so real. It took her breath away.

This wasn't the museum back in Japan nor was it the otherworldly beach with three moons and that beautiful woman. This was another place. A different world. Izumi had done it. She actually made it. Oh... wait. Didn't this all mean she was dead? Well, she was alive now as she had been given a new life but the old Fukushima Izumi was. Blown to pieces in an explosion. This was a fact that only truly started to set in now. She had been so caught up in passing the trial and the meeting with her god that the realization that she had actually died hadn't ever recurred to her. But strangely enough, she had no reaction to it. No immediate stream of tears falling down her cheeks or pool of horror in her stomach. There was just nothing. It was as if her own death wasn't something important. Was she emotionally numb? She had heard cases where people felt absolutely nothing after a traumatic experience or losing a loved one. Truthfully those two couldn't be compared to your own death but it got the point across.

Honestly, in some strange way, Izumi was grateful for it. She didn't want to break down into a complete embarrassing mess in front of other people. Her gaze dropped towards the rapier in her hands. It was pretty cool if she had to say. What wasn't cool was the hideous excuse of clothing she was dressed in. Seriously gods? They needed to desperately catch some fashion sense. She'd never be caught dead in this back on Earth. Anyways her attention was taken by one of the other three people in the church who decided to speak. Big and held a scythe. Were the two main points she decided to take away from this. "Yes. I was at that beach. And I assume we all died in some way?" For a moment she debated asking about their swims across the star channel and their gods but dashed the idea. Better someone else bring up the idea so they'll take the heat if the others become defensive.

The man who introduced himself as Jay pointed out something that could potentially be concerning. What if the villagers couldn't understand them and decided to attack them? Izumi wasn't looking forward to having to defend herself against people on her first day in this world. "I'm Fukushima Izumi. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we can get along." Her words were true. She'd like to be on good terms with these people who went through the same things as she did. Yes being able to live again was great but wouldn't doing it alone be so lonely?

coded by weldherwings.

It was scary. Swimming across the star channel with the weight of Izumi's sins quite literally dragging her down. They weren't a lot but they managed to give her somewhat of a struggle as she was someone without proper knowledge of knowing how to swim. But she prevailed. And her efforts were rewarded handsomely. Not many could say they were chosen as a god's champion and given gifts beyond imagination. But she could. The goal designated to her was a hefty one. It was one she was most likely incapable of achieving with her current skillset. Izumi had to become strong. Strong enough to slay the forthcoming foes with a single slash. Although it was good to have such plans in mind it was all too soon to think of these things. After all, she had just been reborn. As the young man with the black hair and katana rushed out anyway with what looked to be a face full of fright her eyes wandered around the church she found herself in. Everything was so real. It took her breath away.

This wasn't the museum back in Japan nor was it the otherworldly beach with three moons and that beautiful woman. This was another place. A different world. Izumi had done it. She actually made it. Oh... wait. Didn't this all mean she was dead? Well, she was alive now as she had been given a new life but the old Fukushima Izumi was. Blown to pieces in an explosion. This was a fact that only truly started to set in now. She had been so caught up in passing the trial and the meeting with her god that the realization that she had actually died hadn't ever recurred to her. But strangely enough, she had no reaction to it. No immediate stream of tears falling down her cheeks or pool of horror in her stomach. There was just nothing. It was as if her own death wasn't something important. Was she emotionally numb? She had heard cases where people felt absolutely nothing after a traumatic experience or losing a loved one. Truthfully those two couldn't be compared to your own death but it got the point across.

Honestly, in some strange way, Izumi was grateful for it. She didn't want to break down into a complete embarrassing mess in front of other people. Her gaze dropped towards the rapier in her hands. It was pretty cool if she had to say. What wasn't cool was the hideous excuse of clothing she was dressed in. Seriously gods? They needed to desperately catch some fashion sense. She'd never be caught dead in this back on Earth. Anyways her attention was taken by one of the other three people in the church who decided to speak. Big and held a scythe. Were the two main points she decided to take away from this. "Yes. I was at that beach. And I assume we all died in some way?" For a moment she debated asking about their swims across the star channel and their gods but dashed the idea. Better someone else bring up the idea so they'll take the heat if the others become defensive.

The man who introduced himself as Jay pointed out something that could potentially be concerning. What if the villagers couldn't understand them and decided to attack them? Izumi wasn't looking forward to having to defend herself against people on her first day in this world. "I'm Fukushima Izumi. It's a pleasure to meet you all. I hope we can get along." Her words were true. She'd like to be on good terms with these people who went through the same things as she did. Yes being able to live again was great but wouldn't doing it alone be so lonely?

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1639909193721.jpg
Velvet Ventoriouz

"What the hell was that?" The young women muttered quietly to herself. She had seen some strange things in her life, but nothing like what she had just gone through. A place with three moons and some sort of goddess? The whole thing felt like something out of a book to her. Velvet closed her eyes and reflected on the previous few hours. She remembered dying, then waking up in an unusual location before sinking to the bottom of a vast channel, dragging herself along the murky bottom, and being reborn into wherever she was now. She took a deep breath to calm herself and gathered her thoughts it was going to be a long day.

First and foremost, she needed to find her bearings. Looking around, it appeared she was in some sort of church, which didn't surprise her given her recent encounter with a so-called divine entity. The church's decor was unlike anything she had ever seen before, which was unusual for the well-traveled women. She required additional information. Her gaze darted around the three other people, who were all dressed similarly and armed with different weapons. A scythe, a rapier, and some sort of dagger or other smaller concealed weapon that a rather fancy-looking individual, judging by his stance and face rather than his clothing, had stashed away quickly.

Velvet herself was armed, having been given a crossbow by a certain god; it appeared that she was the only one who had been given a ranged weapon, which made her very happy. She took a step back for a moment, she knew nothing about these people, whether they were friends or foes, but based on the conversation that had begun, it appeared that all four had been through the same event. She wondered briefly what they did before they came here. Were any of them trained in any way? Would they be beneficial or detrimental? As many questions raced through her mind, the only way she could get answers was to wait and see. Velvet began memorising their names, and the one who stood out the most to her was Jay.

He appeared to have his head on straight and, like her, understood that gathering information would be the first step for the group before anything else. The words "little picturesque fantasy village" ran through her mind as she looked again at the group's weapons. Other than the scythe, which was farming equipment in her eyes, the rest were very mediaeval weapons, the kind you'd find in fantasy games, and even her own crossbow was unlike anything she'd seen before. While masterful in craft, it was made of wood, as opposed to the composite crossbows she was used to. Jay made an excellent point about the possibility of a language barrier, but that question was easily answered once the group attempted to speak with any of the natives.

"I remember dying as well, wouldn't recommend, I give it a 1/10 and I really don't fancy doing it again." A small smile crept across the white haired girl's face as Velvet spoke. "My name is Velvet Ventoriouz, but most people called me V or Veve." Velvet continued, and now that the introductions were over, she decided to assist Jay in looking for some sort of information or anything of interest in general. She wanted to learn more about this place and, more importantly, find a way home.

Inside the church was a few pews for the people to sit, the eight foot tall purple crystal and a podium for someone to stand at and speak. The Windows are stained glass depictions of people wielding various weapons with different colours as the background...
A man wielding a bow and arrow in green,
A man with a staff and hat in blue,
A man holding a sword with red,
Though each picture shows a different scene the three colours remain. The only two which are the same depict a beautiful woman with a white and black background. Anything you find that could be read is written in a foreign language.

Though as everyone begins to speak they may have realised they now spoke perfect English with no mental effort. The big man with a scythe followed suit in a introduction.
"My name is Mike Florez but you may know me as the Napalm Nightmare if you watched MMA or professional wrestling, I held titles in both sports ahahaha... I was trashed in my recent memories... I think I died in a plane crash."
Mike laughed with a hearty tone and spoke with a surprisingly polite manner for one so large and hairy.

Before any could leave the church they would notice a small crowd gathering outside peering in.
Whispers became murmurs which soon led to loud speculation and cheers.
You notice the people speak a mixture of a complete unknown language, but you can also hear them speak english.
"God sent champions?" "Get the priest!" "Praise the gods!"
Etc etc

Mike exited the church to wave hello and join the cheering, the people backed up a tad but seemed to match his boisterous noise. However none approached him or entered the church. It had been a few years since his video game days but the people reminded Mike of peasants or farmers in a fantasy rpg... dressed poorly but able to make a honest living. The sort who hand out low level quests because wolves and trolls are dangerous.
It isn't long before a man and woman can be seen approaching on the back of a horse...
"They speak English, some of them anyway"
Mike called inside to the others as encouragement. "I know the look of a crowd, it's on these people's faces my friends. They see us as heroes"

Jay looked to the two others, both female and simply gave them a nod each in acknowledgement before quickly going back to his search. As he looked around, he started to question if all of them even spoke English in their previous lives as well. One of the girls seemed distinctly Japanese in both appearance and name. Was this another power granted to them by the Gods? Guess it was better to be thankfully for whatever blessings that they had received. "Plane crash, huh? I think my last moments were in the middle of a car crash. Guess it's good that it all ended quickly rather than being drawn out." However, Jay frowned slightly when he realized that he couldn't understand the scripture that he found. This new life of his was proving to already be quite a challenge as he was now functionally illiterate. "Damn..." He thought to to himself. "I was kinda hoping to learn what gods are like in this world... maybe it would have taught us something." It was then that a small crowd began to form outside the church. They seemed to be gossiping with each other. However, Jay's ears perked slightly when he heard someone mention a Priest.

Jay calmly put all the literature back to their proper spots before he began to walk out of the church as well. He put on a practiced smile that he had used with clients so many times in the past. Simple pleasantries and greetings were something he could mindlessly do. He walked by the two women and said "Looks like the cat's out of the bag. Might as well try to get on people's good side." Jay proceeded to casually walk outside and wave at people. He wasn't sure if people in this world shook hands or bowed or perhaps something else, so he refrained from doing anything too culturally dependent.

He then attempted to ask some of the people in the crowd "Hi, did any of you happen to see another man, wearing something similar to what I'm wearing and carrying a large curved sword of sorts? He seemed frightened by everything that has just happened and ran out of the church just a few moments ago. Oh, and do you happen to know where the Priest might be? We have quite a few questions for them." It was then that Jay noticed a man and a woman on horseback begin to approach the church as well. Jay attempted to make eye contact with the riders, giving them an acknowledging smile and nod before looking back towards the peasants, trying to find out if they had seen that katana wielding man run off to somewhere and to see if they could get in touch with a priest and learn more about the Gods.

The crowd began to hush as a man in slightly better attire made his way to the front to speak.
"Greetings God sent champions! I as the Duke of Cadmam Leopald Hurrgit welcome you!"
Leopald points to the distance where all can see a couple on a horse,
"The priest has been alerted to your arrival and is coming as quick as he can. Though the champion with the sword has left, he fled the town of Cadmam before any could stop him"

The dukes face seemed worried despite the welcoming smile. Another man in the crowd spoke up. "He ran into the enchanted woods, the town guard tried to stop him but could not catch up"
Mike looked towards the hill where the priest was arriving and then to the left where the boy with the katana supposedly fled. Mike scratched at his beard and thought outloud...
"that sword boy must be fast then, with no shoes running so far so quickly?"

"Aye fastest man I've ever seen" the man answered.
The duke cleared his throat and spoke once again "never mind that, I'm sure you have questions that we can answer. Come champions, let us speak at Honeywell manor. The priest shall meet us there"
Three guards wait to escort Leopald and his guests to one of the larger buildings in town.
A two story manor that must easily have thirty rooms.

Inside Honeywell is what one might expect from a nobles residence. Clean floors with fine carpets and rugs of matching designs, paintings on the wall and plants in tasteful places to give a air of life and fresh scent to the place.
A woman in a plain but presentable outfit offers to bring drinks and food, Leopald nods at her before taking a seat in the chair obviously for the Duke as it sits opposite two large sofas where his guests are required to squish together. The duke puts on a kind face and offers the champions a seat.
"thanks, but I'll stand"
Mike grins letting the pole of his Scythe hit the floor with each step the big man took. Looking towards the others he said in a loud whisper...
"I feel like I should dye my hair grey and get a wizard hat ehehehe"

Fukushima Izumi

mood like a calm stream

location church - duke's manor

tag NeonFlow NeonFlow Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

outfit large tunic
Plane crash, car crash. Common causes of deaths in the world really. Those might even be the more painful ones compared to dying instantly in an explosion. "I remembered being killed in an explosion." She didn't elaborate any further. Well, what should someone say after describing how they died? Not an everyday conversation people usually had after all. Izumi turned towards the church doors where a small crowd had formed. They peeked their heads in, staring at her and the others with all kinds of expressions. Various words and phrases in English could be heard coming from those who spoke it in the gathered crowd. That made her pause. She didn't take it into account earlier but wasn't she speaking English? How? That raised so many questions. Yet at the same time, it didn't surprise her. This whole experience was already reality-breaking enough as it was now and this was only a small pebble in the stormy sea. At least they didn't have to worry about the language barrier now. The inability to speak to the natives of this world would have surely caused some problems to arise.

Izumi filed out of the church behind the other three as a man and woman drew closer on horseback. She didn't wave or speak to the crowd like Jay and Mike. Opting to simply smile once she caught the gaze of the villagers. Gods this was embarrassing. A fashionable young girl like her wearing a sack in front of so many people was doing a huge blow to her psyche. Yes, she was going to bewail every chance she got about this poor choice of an outfit. All the way until she was in proper clothing. Or at least what they considered proper clothing here. Brown eyes took notice of the crowd parting like the sea as a man came to the front. Duke of Cadmam Leopald Hurrgit huh? That's literally such a long title. While on the way to Honeywell Manor she curiously took in her surroundings like a sponge. Very medieval. It reminded her of a renaissance fair. The interior of Honeywell truly gave people that feeling of housing a noble. She was careful not to bump herself or her rapier into any expensive.

A Haruhi Fujioka card was not about to be pulled here. Izumi took the offer of a seat from the Duke and sat down. "Then you can find a kid and tell them that they're a wizard." Was what she whispered back at Mike with a small smile.

coded by weldherwings.

Plane crash, car crash. Common causes of deaths in the world really. Those might even be the more painful ones compared to dying instantly in an explosion. "I remembered being killed in an explosion." She didn't elaborate any further. Well, what should someone say after describing how they died? Not an everyday conversation people usually had after all. Izumi turned towards the church doors where a small crowd had formed. They peeked their heads in, staring at her and the others with all kinds of expressions. Various words and phrases in English could be heard coming from those who spoke it in the gathered crowd. That made her pause. She didn't take it into account earlier but wasn't she speaking English? How? That raised so many questions. Yet at the same time, it didn't surprise her. This whole experience was already reality-breaking enough as it was now and this was only a small pebble in the stormy sea. At least they didn't have to worry about the language barrier now. The inability to speak to the natives of this world would have surely caused some problems to arise.

Izumi filed out of the church behind the other three as a man and woman drew closer on horseback. She didn't wave or speak to the crowd like Jay and Mike. Opting to simply smile once she caught the gaze of the villagers. Gods this was embarrassing. A fashionable young girl like her wearing a sack in front of so many people was doing a huge blow to her psyche. Yes, she was going to bewail every chance she got about this poor choice of an outfit. All the way until she was in proper clothing. Or at least what they considered proper clothing here. Brown eyes took notice of the crowd parting like the sea as a man came to the front. Duke of Cadmam Leopald Hurrgit huh? That's literally such a long title. While on the way to Honeywell Manor she curiously took in her surroundings like a sponge. Very medieval. It reminded her of a renaissance fair. The interior of Honeywell truly gave people that feeling of housing a noble. She was careful not to bump herself or her rapier into any expensive.

A Haruhi Fujioka card was not about to be pulled here. Izumi took the offer of a seat from the Duke and sat down. "Then you can find a kid and tell them that they're a wizard." Was what she whispered back at Mike with a small smile.

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1639909193721.jpg
Velvet Ventoriouz

The more Velvet looked around, the more perplexed she became because the church architecture didn't match any she'd seen before, with the giant purple crystal being the most eye-catching feature that left her speechless. If she could get her hands on that, she could make a pretty penny not that the thought of stealing it had crossed the girls mind. The few books the group discovered were written in a foreign language, which gave the girl pause about the possibility of a language barrier. It meant, if nothing else, that she would have to learn an entirely new language in order to read.

As the final member of the group introduced himself, a smile spread across Velvet's face; she was well aware of the napalm nightmare, and the prospect of having such a formidable ally was reassuring. The fact that he died in a plane crash was news to her, but it was a shame that such a great fighter had been brought down by something like that; at the very least, she would get to see him in person as a result of this strange situation. The trio discussed how they died, two common causes of death. The explosion piqued Velvet's interest, but asking for more details about how they died sounded strange. "I believe I was shot or stabbed, or both." Velvet chimed in with a shrug of her shoulders.

The sound of a crowd outside drew the group's attention, and Velvet smiled for the second time. The crowd was speaking English, or at least she could understand them, so it would only be reading that would be a problem. Velvet disliked large crowds and decided that leaving this to the others was the best option. Velvet listened intently as the two riders appeared and gleaned some useful information. She was in Cadmam, wherever that was, but if she could just get her hands on a map, she'd have at least be able to place where she was.

Mike's thought set off alarm bells; it appeared that Mike was suspicious of what happened to the champion with the sword. The group followed the Duke to Honeywell Manor, which was exceptionally nice compared to most of the places she had seen along the way, and it was clear that this Duke was someone of extraordinary wealth. Mike's joke actually raised another question for Velvet, one she would have to ask. Is there magic in this world? As Mike declined to sit, so did Velvet; she wasn't sure what to make of this person just yet, and she wasn't about to let her guard down. Instead, she stood like a soldier at ease next to the sofa, as close to the door as she could get without looking like she was about to book it.
NeonFlow NeonFlow Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon Jasno Jasno

"Exploded, stabbed and shot? Well, that's... rather unusual ways to die." Jay thought to himself as he passively listened to the two women in the group. He didn't want to comment or dig too deep if they didn't want to share, but their deaths seemed rather odd and raised questions about what they did in their past lives to have died in such manners. Looking at the way that the man pointed, Jay's brows furrowed as he wondered how he could run so quickly. "Thank you for your help. Hopefully, he's fine." Jay said as he made a mental note of the direction of the Enchanted Woods and the appearance of the man who pointed the direction so that he could try and find him again later. Jay then followed the Duke's entourage to his manor, Honeywell. The manor did seem nice enough. Much like those historical manors that he had seen pictures and videos of in England that have slowly been converted into museums owned by the public once the nobles couldn't afford them any more, the manor was grand, but not very modern. Jay watched as the others got comfortable in the room. He himself looked around and approached one of the paintings. While he wasn't an artist, he had been to a lot of art exhibits due to work and various parties and charities. He had some appreciation for the arts... though some aspects of the fine arts were certainly still rather pretentious to him. He took a few seconds to look at some of the nearby paintings and brush strokes before he looked back at the others. It appeared that two of them declined to take a seat, which suited Jay just fine.

Jay gently smiled for the ten thousandth time in his life as he approached the remaining empty sofa. He took the seat, crossed his legs, and leaned back into the sofa to get comfortable. This meeting was starting to feel an awful like a business meeting, which he frankly was eager and looking forward to. There were very few things in the world that was as comforting as a business meeting. Everyone could find out what others wanted quickly and efficiently. The only thing that came up for debate was the price. But, if you were careful enough you could get more than what you paid for, especially in information. Jay looked to the Duke and began to speak "Thank you for welcoming us to your wonderful home, Duke Hurrgit. Honeywell truly is a befitting name for the manor." with a slight smile. "Pardon our appearances, but as you're well aware we have only just recently been sent here by the Gods. If you would be so kind, can you enlighten us about yourself and the town of Cadmam? I'm sure there is much more you can tell us about the area rather than what we could ascertain within a few minutes of looking around."

Jay set the stage. Frankly, he was just trying to milk the Duke for as much information he could without offending him, even if it meant pampering the Duke's ego. Words were cheap after all, but what Jay really wanted to figure out was what the Duke wanted from them. There had to be a reason that the locals were familiar with the concept of God sent Champions. Frankly, Jay wouldn't have been surprised if there had been champions before them as well. Yet, seeing how the Duke actively sought out the Champions... Jay couldn't help but suspect that the Duke wanted something from them. There would be no reason to come retrieve them otherwise, especially for a man of his status. Jay was intent to find out what the Duke wanted and to see if this guy was someone that could be trusted.

The duke was happy to elaborate on himself and the town. Leopald speaks alot about himself but says little, in the sense that nothing of interest or importance was shared. The opposite could be said about Cadmam as the town had much more going on that could interest a champion of god.

As duke leopard speaks of the town a maid and a butler wheel out two trays, one with drinks that smell strongly like wine and a clear liquid that was most likely water. The food was a assortment of cheese and fruit, the cheese looked like something from earth but the fruit looked strange and colourful. All of it delicious.

As the servants leave the duke continues "...it is a humble town but we have the best soil in all of Furwa. The enchanted forest is the reason so, we live off the land and sell produce to the capital and many other cities. It is simple living but necessary. The Hurrgit family has lived close to the forest for four generations, we built this town from a single farm into the community it is today. Its not Stonehold city but we lived in peace and relative safety... So you can take my words as truth when I say that the gods champions arriving in our small town is no coincidence... the last few months have been very hard on Cadmam. The hunters are usually enough to scare away anything from the enchanted forest, but lately monsters have been attacking in larger numbers... not only that but the wolves and goblins who tame them both seem to be changing. Its not uncommon for a goblin to throw a magic stone at someone, but recently both goblins and wolves have been capable of magic. We have no mages or runemaster to speak of and no help shall arrive despite many requests... it is my belief the gods have sent you here to help the people of Furwa"

The duke bows his head low, almost smashing his nose on the table.
"Please champions sent from god, help the people of Cadmam"

Mike was quiet for the most part but when asked for help he laughed heartily "sure thing, but I'd like some pants and shoes first"
The duke raised his head with a smile of relief, "of course, Cadmam is happy to supply you with anything we can."

Jay diligently listened to the Duke, only to break eye contact momentarily to silently thank the maid and butler for the drinks and food. Jay took a small sip of the thing that he suspected was a wine of some sort and followed it with a small piece of cheese before he stopped to give the Duke his full attention. The Enchanted Forest seemed to be both a boon and a curse. It provided the nearby lands with immensely fertile ground... so fertile that a single family managed to turn a farm into a productive farming town. Jay could already smell the money. If the natives here planted cash crops like tobacco and built plantations... then they could frankly start a very profitable venture though it seemed like they enjoyed their quiet and simple lives. Jay didn't want to comment and interrupt the Duke, though he did feel like the land wasn't being used as productively as it could be. However, the catch was that monsters and beasts seemed to live in the forest... and they've become a growing problem to the point where the modest town's safety has been compromised. Jay couldn't help but wonder what happened inside the forest. Was there a major population boom of goblins and beasts that had been left alone for too long? Or perhaps, was the problem something magical? Jay couldn't help but frown slightly at the lack of information that they had about the problem. It was clear more than anything that they had to go out and gather more information.

Finally, the Duke stopped speaking after asking the Champions for their help in protecting the town. A short silence fell upon the room before Mike broke it with a hearty laugh. Jay too chuckled slightly at Mike's request for some pants and shoes. Jay popped what kinda looked like a grape into his mouth as the Duke replied. It was then that Jay finally spoke "Well, Duke Hurrgit... this is all quite a lot of absorb, but it seems that we don't know much about what's causing your issue. Step one for us sounds like we should try scouting out the depths of the enchanted forest in order to find out what is causing these problems, and then step two is to actually deal with the root cause of your problems." Jay then sighed as he didn't know what was a fair deal. It seemed a bit unreasonable to send 4 clueless people into an Enchanted Forest with just the shirts on their backs, yet he didn't want to try and completely rip off the Duke. Indeed, the Duke seemed like an honest guy and good friend to have. Jay wanted to make sure to stay on his good side as he believed that the Duke would be a reliable ally.

"I can't speak for the others, but I'll be willing to help with step one if you're willing to provide supplies, basic equipment , place to stay, and a guide... perhaps one of those hunters that you mentioned before. I think that's a fair deal... besides traveling through even a regular forest with just a tunic doesn't sound pleasant for anyone. As for step two... I'll chalk it up to a favor, and will trust that you will keep your word to pay it back at some point in the future. After all, step two could be either extremely simple or problematic to deal with... we simply don't know yet. But, if you're willing to return the favor depending on how challenging it is, then we can have a fair agreement that will leave everyone satisfied." Jay said as he paused to take drink from his glass. "Speaking of satisfied... does Cadmam not have guards to protect the locals and the town from all these Goblins and beasts?"

NeonFlow NeonFlow Dextra Dextra Jasno Jasno

Users who are viewing this thread

Back