Advice/Help Is there something I'm doing wrong when RPing?

CookieCrim

Tired Writer
Hey there! My name is Sammy and I'm looking for some helpful advice. I've been RPing since I was 11 (so almost 7 years now). I started out doing RPs with my online best frien through social media and I thought a while back that I'd like to try doing RPs with different people as well as my friend and so I joined RPN.

Now, I've only been on here a few monhs so I don't know if this might be part of my problem. I personally don't think it is, but it might be and I just don't know it. But anyway, I haven't been able to find anyone to RP with (keep in mind that I prefer fandom RP btw) and when I eventually find someone willing to start up one with me, it just dies within the first or second pages because my partner just stopped replying.

My question is, am I doing something wrong? Is the reason I can't find partners and my RPs keep dying because there's something I may be doing wrong when I RP?

I really don't know why this may keep happening to me or if there even is a particular reason for it other than I'm just very unlucky. Let me know what you think and ways I can possibly fix this problem (if there really is one)

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this!

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Threads exactly like this crop up all time (I think this may even be the third one this week), because it's basically a numbers game in the end.
Optimistically, 1 in 10 RPs go anywhere, with absolutely zero correlation to effort or quality. You just have to keep trying until it works.
Being active in community spaces like this one helps, though - people who recognize you and consider you to have good posts are morely likely to engage with you.
Between that and never giving up the search, you'll eventually find a small group of people you can turn to when you have ideas for an RP.

It’s not really an answer to why you keep getting dropped, but try to be more open and have lots of options and plots people can chose from to gather more interest.

Perhaps consider getting into more/popular fandoms, or maybe try some non fandom plots?✨

It’s not really an answer to why you keep getting dropped, but try to be more open and have lots of options and plots people can chose from to gather more interest.

Perhaps consider getting into more/popular fandoms, or maybe try some non fandom plots?✨
I do realize that the fandoms I'm into probably aren't very well known, I don't know of many popular ones that would interest me though. I also find original plots really hard to write simply because I'm not good with original characters and settings, I'm better with working with characters and settings I know of.

Thanks for your advice though :)

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Threads exactly like this crop up all time (I think this may even be the third one this week), because it's basically a numbers game in the end.
Optimistically, 1 in 10 RPs go anywhere, with absolutely zero correlation to effort or quality. You just have to keep trying until it works.
Being active in community spaces like this one helps, though - people who recognize you and consider you to have good posts are morely likely to engage with you.
Between that and never giving up the search, you'll eventually find a small group of people you can turn to when you have ideas for an RP.
Thank you so much! I'll continue searching and being active and hopefully get some result :bishiesparklesr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back