• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered is there a way to private a thread?

smolfluffball

Dork #1
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
hey guys!!

i'm planning a 1x1 with a friend and she wants to have a thread be private, so only we can see it. i know that rping in pm's is a way to achieve this but i'm wondering if there's a way to actually private a thread in the 1x1's section? i think there might be a way to do this with the collaboration part of threads but i actually don't really know how to use that section of threads :')) do i have to set a name for a permissions group then add someone's username to the thread? or... what? i really could use some help with how to use the collaboration aspect haha. but! if there's not any way to make a thread private then that's fine 💕

thanks for taking the time to read!! sorry if this question has been asked before anywhere or if there's a thread somewhere about collaboration :')))

Aite, so the Thread Collaboration allows your partner to edit and delete the posts in that thread that isn't their own. If others try making posts, you both can just delete them. If I'm correct in that.

What you do is this:
1654550109012.png
There is another button for "Group", which allows you to add certain permissions for certain people.

1654550311148.png

You type in a portion of the person's name, then click their name and they will have free reign on all posts that come up.

However, I'm unsure if people can make an RP private in this way. :'D

I'm dumb, you can make it private via "Post Replies". Nobody can post in it. And "View Thread Content". Only you and the person can view the thread (aside from Staff).

I am still wrong XD it does not

Last edited:
Collaboration does not make the thread private, other people will still see the thread. It's just that another user will be able to take control of it to some extent. Can be useful if it's a group rp with several GMs, for example.

For private roleplays, Private Message is the way to go.

Alternatively, you can make a thread in Private Workshop and add a user as a collaborator there. It should enable both of you to see the thread while other users (aside from Staff) won't have access to it.

thank you both!!!! Merciless Medic Merciless Medic and Onmyoji Onmyoji !!!!

my first thought was actually to make a thread in the private workshop but i wasn't sure if it'd be allowed to rp over there :'))) if i am then i think i'll probably go that way, but i'll ask her whatever she prefers after she figures out her old username haha!

Rp in Private Workshop is unconventional, let's say that XD It's mostly used for drafts and bbcode testing. But there are no rules against it, so if you really want to go that route it's fine.

Keep in mind though, that posts there don't raise your post count, similar to private messages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back