Anime & Manga Is the Donganronpa Anime Worth Watching?

Sapphic

Sad Lesbian
So, I never got around to playing the games, but I know there's an anime. Is it any good? If so, is it worth watching not having played the games?

I find Dangan Ronpa: The Animation ok. It wasn't really anything to get too obsessed over, but I liked it anyway.
The Dangan Ronpa 3 anime sides Future, Despair and Hope are probably best watched after seeing Dangan Ronpa 1, 2 and Ultra Despair girls, and watched like: Future episode 1, Despair episode 1, Future episode 2, etc.
And V3 is beautiful. <3

If you'd prefer not to play the games, but want to see all of it, there are some really good Youtubers who do playthroughs of them. (I'd recommend NicoB because he's hilarious.) So you could watch Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, and then his playthroughs from DR2 onwards.

But if you're only interested in the animes, both Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, and Dangan Ronpa 3 are definitely worth the watch. ^-^

I find Dangan Ronpa: The Animation ok. It wasn't really anything to get too obsessed over, but I liked it anyway.
The Dangan Ronpa 3 anime sides Future, Despair and Hope are probably best watched after seeing Dangan Ronpa 1, 2 and Ultra Despair girls, and watched like: Future episode 1, Despair episode 1, Future episode 2, etc.
And V3 is beautiful. <3

If you'd prefer not to play the games, but want to see all of it, there are some really good Youtubers who do playthroughs of them. (I'd recommend NicoB because he's hilarious.) So you could watch Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, and then his playthroughs from DR2 onwards.

But if you're only interested in the animes, both Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, and Dangan Ronpa 3 are definitely worth the watch. ^-^
If I'm being honest, I just think a lot of the girls are super cute and I want to see their stories. (I like the girl with rainbow hair, the nurse girl, and the girl with two-tone hair and little bear pins).

If I'm being honest, I just think a lot of the girls are super cute and I want to see their stories. (I like the girl with rainbow hair, the nurse girl, and the girl with two-tone hair and little bear pins).

Oh, k.
You would definitely get to see them in Dangan Ronpa 3: Side Despair. You should be able to watch that on its own. It would spoil some things from DR1 and DR2, but if you just want to see it for them, Side Despair is definitely the best anime out of all of them.

Oh, k.
You would definitely get to see them in Dangan Ronpa 3: Side Despair. You should be able to watch that on its own. It would spoil some things from DR1 and DR2, but if you just want to see it for them, Side Despair is definitely the best anime out of all of them.
TYSM :D

If it's any consolation, I never played the games either and I really liked the first season of the anime. (Complete sucker for mystery shit.) I haven't seen any of the others yet and I don't really plan on watching game playthroughs unless I get together with my friend who watches them and we watch 'em together. XD

I stopped watching the anime a few episodes in because I honestly couldn't handle the major shift, and what a downgrade it was.
Though, that shouldn't stop you from trying to watch it. I know it had some story points that might've been important. (I'm not sure about that It was like more than a year ago)
Overall, story-wise, if you can understand and comprehend most of the Danganronpa story so far, it would probably be best that you watch it. (I got lost in the story like at the end of the second game where everything got weird.)

If you have time to kill and don't mind some nonsense, it can be a pretty enjoyable watch. Much like any anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back