Other -Solved-

Strawberry Creme

The Gay Cousin™
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Disclaimer: I'm 100% not looking for medical advice, I've already contacted my doctors and whatnot, and I have a mod's approval to post.

Does anyone else here have or currently having issues with a specific script called Zoloft/Sertraline?

I just started it a week ago, and wanted to know if anyone else has a severe case of side effects? I'm having a loss of appetite to a severe level, to the point food is actively repulsive. For hours after I take it, I'm dizzy and disorientated; but if I wait too long to go to bed, I find it impossible to fall asleep and end up tossing and turning with nausea. I can barely walk in a straight line, even in the morning.

My doctor and prescriber both say it's totally normal, especially for someone's first few days as they adjust to it, but I've recently been diagnosed with CVID (not to be confused with The Virus That Shall Not Be Named) and I'm in complete isolation other than doctors and nurses. It's getting on my nerves, not being able to go to school or work, and I'm struggling to find a community to talk to for support about all the fun medical stuff.

I'm tired, I'm in pain, and my body feels like it's constantly uncomfortable no matter how I sit or lay. I do IVIG every 3-4 weeks too, so I rarely have time to adjust to the discomfort before starting it all over again. But Zoloft has made it so much worse. Yeah, my anxiety is way down and I'm happier overall, but I keep asking myself if it's worth the physical discomfort (which, again, my team knows about. This was the best option considering my other meds/conditions). I'll wait out this bottle and see if it gets better.

Do I know where I was going with this rant? Nope. Do I have an ending planned? Nope.

Last edited:
I've been on it. You probably won't notice much. Anti-depressants or SRIs are generally pretty tame in the 'this makes me feel different' department.

I was on zoloft and paxil years ago as a teenager. I cannot remember if it was the zoloft or the paxil but going off it for a while and then getting back on it made me high...I couldn't eat or walk straight and slept the entire morning in a closet at school the next day and my mom and stepfather decided to make me quit cold turkey.

You may just need to wait for your body to get used to it but don't be afraid to speak up to get on a different medication if the medication isn't a fit for you.

I’m on 100mg sertraline! It takes a couple weeks to get used to. It’s a lot of trial and error for these sort of things, but definitely write down all your symptoms and if it’s too much, communicate with your doctor. They may have you try it out for a week or so, but definitely keep them up to date and how you’re feeling. There may be an alternative for you that would work better! Good luck 💖

I’m on 100mg sertraline! It takes a couple weeks to get used to. It’s a lot of trial and error for these sort of things, but definitely write down all your symptoms and if it’s too much, communicate with your doctor. They may have you try it out for a week or so, but definitely keep them up to date and how you’re feeling. There may be an alternative for you that would work better! Good luck 💖
Thank you so much! I was actually taken off of it not to long ago and switched to Abilify, and it's been a lot kinder to my body. I did just as you suggested here and that's what got me on a better medicine! <3

Thank you so much! I was actually taken off of it not to long ago and switched to Abilify, and it's been a lot kinder to my body. I did just as you suggested here and that's what got me on a better medicine! <3
Yayyy I’m so glad!! (*^▽^*)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back