• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Iron Caskets (Sci-fi, Mechs, War, Space, Espionage, All the good stuff.)

For all those interested, just giving you the update that I will have a character creation thread and more information set up by Friday, likely by mid-day (CST).

If anyone has any questions they would like answered here or in that thread, let me know either here or in PMs.

For all those interested, just giving you the update that I will have a character creation thread and more information set up by Friday, likely by mid-day (CST).

If anyone has any questions they would like answered here or in that thread, let me know either here or in PMs.

What kind of Mecha are allowed?

I mean, if Battletech is on the table, that's a lot of really fun stuff. I'm just wondering about how advanced the cybernetics are allowed to be.

Cybernetics are generally limited to limb augmentation on the large scale, as well as some internal replacements, for now. I might make exceptions but ideally that's about as far as it goes at this time. That will probably change as time goes on.

As far as Mechs go, yes, Battletech is what I'd classify as 'Class III' mechs, which are generally the height of technology at this time. Class IV exists but it's another one of those things that require exceptions.

I'm busy tonight but most of tomorrow I should be free, and will get this character thread up so we can get rolling!

I will probably be splitting this playerbase into at least a couple of different threads so different plots can be undertaken simultaneously.

As far as Mechs go, yes, Battletech is what I'd classify as 'Class III' mechs, which are generally the height of technology at this time. Class IV exists but it's another one of those things that require exceptions.

I'm busy tonight but most of tomorrow I should be free, and will get this character thread up so we can get rolling!

I will probably be splitting this playerbase into at least a couple of different threads so different plots can be undertaken simultaneously.
Sounds good 👍

Ooooh, fascinating! Any room for something like a mercenary guild, something the Big Space companies might fall back on for the dirty work? I have so many ideas for a character...

Mercenaries are a large factor in the game, and so you could have a mercenary unit if you would like!

I'm working on a basic stellar map right now, and so the character thread should be up within an hour or so.

Mercenaries are a large factor in the game, and so you could have a mercenary unit if you would like!

I'm working on a basic stellar map right now, and so the character thread should be up within an hour or so.
Excellent! I'm looking forward to it!

So far yours is the only posted character I've approved, Baka. A couple others are just about ready, just waiting for them to actually be posted, and then the others that have been posted I'm waiting for more detail/helping them with completing their characters.

Ideally I'd like to have an IC thread up by this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back