• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic [ACTIVE RP - OPEN] Iron Batallion

Merch wise, hell yeah it does, though other than the fact that a lot of stuff that came after it just tried to cop it, usually badly, I honestly like EVA a lot and can't wait to see more of it, though I am also more fond of the series on it's own over the movies
That being said, the movies certainly work better in a vacuum, there pacing is a little hectic though, it ends up playing as a really good action movie, whilst NGE as a series works on it's characters a fair bit more since it has the runtime to do so.

Another thing I've been playing with but haven't really decided on was something a little closer to a TTRPG system for combat with Knights, though it is quite a bit of investment and would require playtesting, as well as ideally being flexible enough to simulate both personal and Knight combat and interaction whilst also being quite simple.

Another thing I've been playing with but haven't really decided on was something a little closer to a TTRPG system for combat with Knights, though it is quite a bit of investment and would require playtesting, as well as ideally being flexible enough to simulate both personal and Knight combat and interaction whilst also being quite simple.

That sounds cool-- Sorry for not making my sheet, btw! Been busy with online classes. I'll make one tomorrow, though!

That sounds cool-- Sorry for not making my sheet, btw! Been busy with online classes. I'll make one tomorrow, though!
Don't worry about it, we're in no rush.

Once there are 4-6 PC's I'll probably begin, so people can get there characters introductory posts up.

Don't worry about it, we're in no rush.

Once there are 4-6 PC's I'll probably begin, so people can get there characters introductory posts up.
Currently having my fun playing Legend of Heroes: Tales of Cold Steel though, quite an enjoyable game so far, though I'm only two chapters in.

Are we using premade character templates, or are we just doing whatever fits the individual?

Will you provide us with a standard character template, or will we just do whatever works for us.

I am extremely interested since this is mecha but I have a few questions. One, what will be the plot and story of this RP?

Second, can I attach a big-ass chainsaw to my mech?

I am extremely interested since this is mecha but I have a few questions. One, what will be the plot and story of this RP?

Second, can I attach a big-ass chainsaw to my mech?
In regards to the plot, we'll be starting off with all characters being new entrants to I.U.K.A, a non-faction bound military academy, there'll be a few notable events here and there to work on shaping worldviews and character relations, once things are settled in suitably, there will be an inciting event to cause the students to leave the academy and progress from there. I attest to a more DnD style of worldbuilding and campaign progression where you shouldn't plot too far in particular detail since player decision is what will really incite the story's progression.

In regards to the chainsaw, yes. yes you most definitely will.

Gonna be adding some new details on the mechanisms for Knights and other general tech in the Ironpedia over a couple days so be sure to check that out every so often, if there is any info you would like about the setting, just drop me a message, can explain whatever is needed and if it fits I'll get a proper write-up and add it into the thread

Brand new Iron Batallion map coming up now, Territory mapped version will be swapped out here and both Territory and No Territory versions will be coming up on The Ironpedia.

Actually, about the Knights. Is there any information you could give me on the customization aspect of them, as well as their accessibility? If it's realistically achievable within the setting, I want my character to have made his own. Of course, otherwise, he'd get his through the academy I assume?

Actually, about the Knights. Is there any information you could give me on the customization aspect of them, as well as their accessibility? If it's realistically achievable within the setting, I want my character to have made his own. Of course, otherwise, he'd get his through the academy I assume?
Knight's are generally quite expensive pieces of equipment, if they would own a personal knight, they would be from a family that would both be very wealthy and have military or industrial ties. In regards to having made there own, it would unlikely to be a sole endeavor, either working with an organisation, or if they have the knowledge and material access, they could have modified an already existing knight chassis quite significantly, I'll drop you a DM regarding this, since it might be good to come up with the original chassis and then your modified version.

further information has now been added to the Ironpedia in regards to Cores and the RAM sytem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back