• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Iron Batallion <Open>

OnyxReaper

Mind Over Metal, Metal Over Flesh

Iron Batallion
MAIN THREAD - IRONPEDIA

TIMELINE
Rules
Rules Below:
- All RPNation Rules naturally apply.
- No Bunnying, or controlling other characters.
- Player Characters WILL be students at I.U.K.A, however, I will be looking for mods to run NPC's depending on how Iron Batallion grows.
- I expect around 1-2 posts a day, if you're waiting on someone else to respond and they are inactive, that's alright.
- If you'll be inactive for a while, I ask that you notify me so I know you won't be around for a while.
- To ensure that the character section doesn't get flooded and that users don't get too weighed down and can't post from how many characters they have to run, players can have a maximum of three characters.
- I and any moderators I decide to have will have the last, final word on any arguments that may arise, to ensure that arguments and feuds do not carry on unecesarily.
OP's Note
Iron Batallion and it's lore and information is still somewhat under construction, and some lore is likely subject to change or to have further development, if you would like to make any suggestions or inputs about Iron Batallion as some users already have with ideas for Knights, feel free to contact me privately.
World Map
View attachment 402604
no slide
"The Golden Age of Humanity" They called it, a bygone age where our people stood united... well, relatively. Technology continued to advance, and even though there were people that suffered, there were far fewer back then. I find it ironic really, with our lands divided, we were together, and now, with our lands together, we stand divided. Nevertheless, I better stop now, I delve too deep into idle rhetoric. I shall begin my telling of history, atleast, as far as I know it from the point that our world first came to fracture.

~Sage Adolfus Franca, Learned Man of The Divine College of Parasia

Before The Fall - Before 2080
My knowledge of these times is sadly quite limited, what most people know of the world before the fall is even less limited than my knowledge, the world was split into dozens upon dozens of nations, each held in an uneasy peace by the proliference of nuclear weapons and man-made catastrophe. The world had been at war many, many a time, and humanity had eventually become sick of it. Or perhaps just sick of it. Under one banner, known as the United Nations, earth was kept together as one. Naturally, there were complications, but they were quelled quickly. Technology continued to grow, to develop and advance. It couldn't last for long, natural resources quickly dwindled and declined. Tension rose, and even the smallest shift in power could bring the world back into war-torn turmoil.

The Fall - 2080-2086
This was where we first encountered it, an off-world material that rained from the sky in balls of burning flame. It's first fall was in England, a hail of small comets tore up the dirt and blackened the sky (luckily) in a rural part of the country. The blue, crystalline material within the rocks was quickly determined to be alien in origin, not merely foreign. It was new, something strange and difficult to discern. For years, England studied the material, barely managing to keep the alien crystal in it's hands. This alien crystal supposedly had a borish, scientific name, but to us, it is called Divinity. A crystalline, shapeable material that produced an insane amount of energy (relative to it's size) when exposed to sunlight. The material wasn't explosive, nor reactive. A safe alternative to nuclear power, a far better substitute for solar energy. There was a catch of course, exposure to radiation, primarily nuclear caused the crystal to darken, it's light to fade. It'd stop producing power at even relatively light exposure. But there wasn't enough. Atleast, not for the rest of the world.

The Fractal War - 2086-2095
Resources dwindled even further, the 'black gold' called oil dwindled into nothing but a trickle. The rest of the world desired Divinity, it could keep their lights on, keep their people warm, keep their nations going. America fired the first shot, quickly followed by China, Russia and a number of other nations that desired Divinity.

They couldn't obtain Divinity by destroying the country that had it in nuclear hellfire, so they resorted to more conventional means. Air strikes and a lengthy land invasion to occupy the country. The air strikes were relatively succesful, key targets were far too well-protected; but bombs could wreak havoc on the citizens that couldn't make their way to shelters in time. It was only when invading troops touched British soil that the world learned to fear Divinity.

The first of the Knight models to ever be created burst from the ground, charged across fields and fell from helicopters. The Stalwart. A bipedal, piloted mech shrugged off small arms, batted away missiles and charged on through cannon and artillery fire. One-thousand Knight units tore apart the unprepared armies with minimal casualties. The tables turned, countries united, age-old treaties and alliances called upon. Then it happened again.

Thousands upon thousands of meteors rained from the sky, like apocalyptic rain. Within each, brilliant blue crystals shone. The world had found Divinity, and with Divinity, humanity would begin to destroy one another. More and more Knights hit the field, more and more land was taken, changing hands either through deals or destruction.

It happened again, the second fall. But it was no rain. It was a collision, a massive impact. A sizable brilliant blue pierced a hole in the sky and punctured the ocean. An earthquake. Earthquakes in fact. An impact that could be felt across the world, the land cracked and splintered, the earth rumbled and roared, even the sky darkened as storms seemed to go on endlessly. Entire nations were torn apart.

War was put on hold, there were far more important matters to deal with. For example, the entire geography of the world being violently restructured.

The Coming
This fractured world had to come together eventually, and over two-hundred years, it did. Compared to the slow movement of the world over billions of years, both the fracturing, and returning of the land was insanely fast. At first, three large landmasses formed, these would eventually come to be the factions of New Gaea, Valkyria and Shinigami Terra. These factions established themselves as singular nations, there cultures combined and built upon one another. At long last, these three landmasses crashed together to form a giant pange
a. for months, earthquakes shook the world again. Terrible storms and raging tempests swallowed the sky; and the people looked to one another, three cultures so long seperated clashed again. And now, just like centuries ago, humanity stands on the brink of war again, though none are brave enough to fire the first shot without reason. This stalemate has persisted for nearly fifty years now, borders continue to build, armies continue to expand. Hatred and suspicion continue to spread.

The Formation Of I.U.K.A
A neutral ground born from necessity, the more peaceful and like-minded of the wealthy or powerful from each faction enforced age old treaties, threats and a multitude of other methosd to carve out a massive swath of land for themselves, directly in the center of this new, combined continent. There was farmland, cities and towns of course, all the infrastructure that could let a nation function. Yet in the center of this place, an academy had been constructured, the founders of I.U.K.A wished for tensions to decline, for bigotry, racism and hate to smoulder from a raging flame to nought but ash. What better way to do that than instill equality into the young, the impressionable. With each generation, tensions could calm, it was a long-term solution; but there were few better ways. Of course, I.U.K.A values it's students and citizens, they must be protected. As a neutral territory, it also makes I.U.K.A and it's territories an ideal land to war over; and thus it's students learn how to pilot knights, how to fight and how to protect themselves in case it ever came to it.

Hopefully it won't. Hopefully, nothing will change.

Hopefully.

You have my attention, tell me more about this knights.
The Knight's are powered by Divinity Cores, with most having an operating time of around 48 hours without the cores needing to be exposed to recharge. They operate alot like armored core mechs, though even further toned down, very, very few are capable of flight, weapons are almost completely ballistic, and there is no energy shielding etc. They're far more like bipedal (or quadrapadel... or hovering...) tanks than gundam style anime mecha. Even the old models would cost an ork like you alot of teef. If you'd like to know anything specific, just ask.

Awww, I was hoping for some infantry combat...well, i think about it.
Of course there are infantry, just as well as air forces and the navy, Knights are few in number, that same rule does not apply to human lives. Though due to the basis of the RP, infantry player combat won't be an extremely common occurence.

Sounds interesting!

I would like to add a bit into the infantry aspect that Elekta Kount Elekta Kount mentioned, this also ties into a question...

Q: Will the mecha units act like armor in areas that are dense with building/terrain features?

My input with that is infantry can give armor the support they need against enemy AT foot mobiles (maybe have a joint unit goin on with Mecha and Infantry)

Sounds interesting!

I would like to add a bit into the infantry aspect that Elekta Kount Elekta Kount mentioned, this also ties into a question...

Q: Will the mecha units act like armor in areas that are dense with building/terrain features?

My input with that is infantry can give armor the support they need against enemy AT foot mobiles (maybe have a joint unit goin on with Mecha and Infantry)

That is correct, due to the relatively lower firerates of most Knight weaponry (instead favouring armor-piercing power) infantry units are crucial in urban environments, as almost all Knight's will have difficulties clearing out buildings, as well as fighting opposing infantry units.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back