• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Iridescent Sanctuary

Relias_

Rose tea tastes good sometimes
Roleplay Type(s)
[With - Gunnhildr Gunnhildr ]

He awoke before the sun peeks it's rays over the mountains, where the sky is still glossed in dark blue hues and the twinkling star blinks faintly in the distance. Rising from his bed, the young prince carefully swung his legs over to the edge of the bed, sleepy coral colored irises were staring down on the carpeted floor at nothing in particular.

Dazed, he rests his head on his hands, slender fingers running through mint green hair, waiting for the dreams of ruin and despair, the prickling sensation that always stays with him and the heavy, burning weight on his chest to disappear. It has always been like this these days, odd dreams becoming intense as time goes by but the faint recollection he has of them soon disappear as though he never dreamt of it. Gone much like the morning dew.

Standing up, he goes over to the windows, drawing the blinds and opening the glass slowly. Letting the crisp morning air flood into the room. He'd probably be reprimanded by the maids if they saw him still in his sleeping robes, standing by the open window like this. But it brings him peace. He crosses his arms, eyes drifting from the morning view outside to the sword beside his bed.

He steps over to it and picks it up. Thumb brushing over the emblem embedded on the scabbard.

Crown Prince of Rismalt:
IMG_20220811_160607.jpg

[Lesstiel Vier]

Last edited:

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

"Under the darkness, light shines the most vivid--down to its particles."
That one line of a poem from Argravin's collection perfectly illustrated the hall pictured before his eyes, as his cold cerulean blue eyes caught sight of the twinkles around the arcadia flowers, the petals emitting a vibrant light inside the greenhouse situated at the center of the castle; a lustrous gift for those awake at the earliest dawn. 'The fairies... they're still here, eh?'

To think the empress would keep them around despite their scary diet.

"The whisper sounds the most clear, as they left an invisible trace under the blanket et noir."
True to that line, his light steps were so noisy to his head. Perhaps it was because he was conscious while doing so, and without any other sound that he can direct his attention to. Right after the glowing flowers, he turned right and took another couple of steps to reach a tall set of doors, which was weird since it would take at least three big steps to arrive at his destination.

He wasn't hopping just now, was he?

The tall set of doors to his left was made with the most favored wood for those drenched in wealth, on the whole continent. Not only was it very sturdy, if polished right, the patterns that surfaced forward will glow under a luminous condition. The handle though, it was feverishly cold due to the night air from seconds before. Even just a graze on it caused Argravin's finger to lurch back, away from it. He could never handle the cold, never with any bodies.

His palm then ran across the wood, before softly knocking on it.

The Unhinged Katana Wielder

code: @s e v e n

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired woken by Nightmare

location.

Bedroom

tags.

How could one hold a blade that was supposed to save hundred, if not thousands. Yet be so helpless.

Glint of silver reflects against the pale light of early dawn as the blade is pulled from its confinement in one swift motion, cutting through the frigid morning air as if fighting against unseeable enemies. His grip tightened around the sword's handle, gently pressing the flat side of the sword onto his forehead he did not move away from the stinging cold, it had become his companion in this sickeningly tragic hellscape.

An oracle of the court has revealed his fate as one Gods had spurned. Though the secret is kept within the walls of the cathedral he wonders what is it that he had done to be put into such situation.

A knock from the door grounds him back to reality. Perhaps it was due to the lingering prickle of hazed bad dreams, but it took him a little too long to figure out who was on the other side.

He sheathed the blade and raked his fingers through his hair to fix it, as well as properly fixing his sleeping robe. Wanting to avoid looking like a disheveled disgrace at the very least.

"Come in."

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

"Come in.", the permission from the prince echoed and arrived to his ears. The green light was lit.

Argravin’s clothed hand pushed down the handle, before then pushing one of the doors with his shoulder, creating just enough space for his head to fully peek through and search for the next in-line.

A-ha! There you are Young Prince.” he chirped once his blue eyes settled on the lone figure, face morphed into a smile with his voice going just a bit higher, but still low enough to not wake the other inhabitants of the castle. The light on his face immediately faltered, however, once he took notice of the sword in the prince’s grip. His eyebrows furrowed just a bit, though one was hidden under his bangs.

”We walked together, brought down and back again. But I, myself, was the sole, fragile album that remembers your traces.”

Deciding that just checking up from afar won’t be enough, Argravin made his way inside, "pardon my intrusion." it escaped like a whisper. Glimpses of sights similar as this one before him came marching up to his mind. Just like those times, though they happened so long, long ago. With different rooms, different forms, yet the ache of familiarity spoke loud.

“As clear as the day I first cradled your limp body.”

Once he closed the door behind his back, a couple of steps he then took to shorten their distance. It was a bit far, but they should be able to hear anything that would be said between the two now without the need to raise either of their voices.

“My my, Dear Prince, what’s wrong? Was there something occupying your mind?”
Argravin asked as his eyes glance at the sword, eyebrows pulled up. His tone was trained to be neutral, almost playful even, though the hint of worry can’t be mistaken there.

Last edited:

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

Bedroom

tags.

Bright, that was one way to simply describe the other man's expression upon peering into his room like a little puppy eager to play and waiting to be called over. Lesstiel's coral colored irises shifts to look at nothing in particular within the well-decorated room as careful, carpet padded footsteps approached him after the sound of a closed door.

He lifts his head at the inquiry of his blond companion, fingers loosening around the intricate design of his scabbard that was unknowingly digging into the skin of his palm from his own action.

"It's nothing in particular. I was woken up by something unpleasant, that's all." ...No, there was so much more than that, 'Something unpleasant' is rather underrated.

"Argravin. I'd like to hear your unbiased opinion on something. You can choose to not answer, if you wish."

Among all the people in the castle, he finds it easier to converse with the blond retainer of his. That air of familiarity which he cannot quite describe and the lingering comfort the man brings, so perhaps today the blond would help him make a decision... for the better or worse. Although it is unsure if the man had heard of the Oracle's words years back.

The cold morning wind creeps into the room from the open window, ruffling the lace, almost transparent inner courtains. His masked troubled gaze met cerulean blue ones.

"If someone were to be a cause of unmistakable and unimaginable ruin to humanity even though they cannot control such a thing to not happen. Is it justifiable for that person to live, knowing their existence would only cause despair and unending violence? One life ended to save millions of others is a small price to pay, no?"

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

The question that came out of the prince's mouth caught him like a deer caught in headlights. He had never heard of a question such as this. Never. He wondered if there was ever a moment, at least, where the man before him asked a similar question in any past timelines, yet it never reached his ears until today. There was silence for just a bit, before he approached the prince closer. The wind now caught some strands of his hair, along with the light that caused their silhouettes to appear on the wall. Tentatively, his right, clothed hand reached out and hovered above the green-haired's that was holding the scabbard.

"My Prince," the edges of his mouth pulled up, "if you wish to hear an ielli* for your question, one from the rumored unhinged man no less,"

His fingers were now wrapped around the sheathed blade, just below the prince's hand. "Then I hope you'll let me take this away from you and take a seat. My answer isn't exactly short, Your Highness."

* ielli = " answer" in Argravin's native language

Last edited:

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

Bedroom

tags.

The silence, if it were to be longer than that then he was sure to break it himself and dismissed the topic but his companion seems to be pondering the answer to his question. In all honesty he already have a decision but couldn't commit to it, be it because of fear or selfishness.

It feels like static when they're this close, it always so warm and chases away the air of frost that lurks around him but with each and every time it lasts only for a moment, akin to a dandelion's bloom swept away into the air.

He releases his grip around the scabbard and turns away, careful strides over to his bed where he then sat down on the edge of it. He pats the space next to him, coral irises wanders up to cerulean ones once more.

"Come then, let me listen to your answer. Worry not about the length.

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

”Right,” he broke the eye contact as he turned around, approaching a loveseat couple of steps away from where he stood. He placed the sheathed blade, making it lean on one of its legs. “thank you for your graciousness, My Prince.” Argravin finally continued as he made his way to the bed.

He plopped himself beside the prince, his hands clasped together whilst he took a deep breath.

“My Prince, I have to say, first of all, that I’m a very selfish man…now” the last word came out silently, only his mouth forming the word.

“I don’t care for that many people, contrary to me always smiling at everyone I passed.”

“There’s only like,” he put up a hand, “Millestein Braum, the captain of the knights” a middle finger came down. “Qallista Luu-Nau, the empress from the neighboring kingdom” and then a ring finger came down. “And lastly, Lesstiel Vier.” his pinkie came down last, the two fingers left pointing at the green haired beside him with a grin, hoping for a reaction from him.

“Hence, if you’re talking about anyone but those three, I won’t mind.”

Last edited:

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

Bedroom

tags.

Care...for him?

The greenette looks at down at Argravin's gesture, there he goes again saying and doing things that Lesstiel does not know where to put on in terms of conversation scale. He does realize that the man calls him by name that time and not his title, that much was a reassurance of some sort. Lesstiel raises his hand, to cover his mouth as he turns his head from the blond, but the slight crescent rise of the corner of his eyes were a telltale sign of being amused by the man's antic. The dim dawn light tinting everything in a soft blue hues although he did hope it was enough to mask the rising heat of his cheeks.

Lesstiel clears his throat, turning back to the blond after a brief silence. He tilts his head and held up three fingers. His index, middle and ring finger. "If its unavoidable that the disaster reincarnate is one of the three of who you cared the most. What good would it be for them to live when the world is engulfed in chaos and death? In the end there would be no safe place, the ones you cared for will be put in constant struggle."

He withdrew his hand then. "Everyone would die anyway, we're just on different strings of life. As selfish as you might be." Lesstiel looks up at him, expression soft, defeated almost. "To destroy and live in that chaos with that much blood put on the ones you care for, I don't think they would be glad."

Then again that's what selfish is, isn't it? Somehow he's gotten quite jealous of those who can clasp that mentality.

"Mmm, wait you said 'first of all' earlier. Were there more?" It was an afterthought at this point, but what else did one expect from the greenette in terms of attention span.

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

Sturdy steps walked along the hall, yet they had no intention of announcing their presence. Thin, silver strands flowed behind him, along with a long cape containing the symbol of the castle whilst his favorite white cape was folded neatly in his arm.

His step faltered gradually once he reached the glowing flowers, though it wasn't because of the breathtaking sight. He remembered of what his wife told him about the story behind those flowers. "Arcadia flowers, just this one pair left." her lush, green eyes peered at the group of petals hanging near the roof of the greenhouse. Their stems were very long, high up and aiming for the sky. The thorny leaves around the petals were wrinkled and seemed as if caging one of them. "It's very interesting since they're a plant that illustrates what they 'see'," she mused, though there was certain amazement laced, "But for the past 50 years till' now, they've shown no more sign of changing."

"I wonder if they had seen something
the most remarkable." Millestein finished what her wife said that day, eyes softened before continuing his way, stopping in front of the tall doors. Coincidentally, just after Lesstiel asked the last question to Argravin, his finger knocked against the wood.

The Knights Captain

Last edited:

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

The knocking sound startled Argravin just a bit. He began wondering who could be the person behind those doors. There weren't many names he could thought of, only his brother, perhaps asking for the prince to get ready, or the head butler, to check up on the prince maybe.

Wait.

Hastily, Argravin held up the cover, before reaching the prince's nearest hand, giving it a tug. Looking at the prince, eyes pleading, "My Prince, please lay down beside me and cover me!" he begged in hushed, akin to a whisper voice.

It wouldn't be a problem if the person behind those doors was his brother, but damned was he if it was that protective head butler. If he found him being here at this time of the day, 'He will certainly take away my only right to be beside him!' his scream of panic echoed inside his mind, though his mouth was shut.

Last edited:

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

Bedroom

tags.

Oh why are there a line of people checking up on him on this morning? Even the maids aren't this early because they know he likes to stay alone for a bit during the time in the soft of dawn before the sun rises. Lesstiel parts his lips, ready to tell whoever outside to come in. But a stinging heat coursed up his arm akin to a spider web and the source of it is nothing more than Argravin's touch. His coral irises widened, brows furrowed slightly but when he met those cerulean gaze of plea, he was easily defeated much like creatures of the sea in the mercy of oceanic waves.

Though the reason of his companion's distress is unknown to him. He pulls the cover and got under it with the other male. "Would the closet not be a better place to hide if you are planning to be unnoticed?" He inquired but went along with the blond's plan anyway, messing up the pillows as well so even if there seems as though there are lumps under the covers other than his form it would just seem like it's caused by the missing pillows.

Lesstiel ruffles his hair since it looked a little too good for someone who's still in bed.

Once he makes sure Argravin is hidden... though their position is a little tad bit too close that he feels as though he's burning. Lesstiel clears his throat.

"Come in."

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

A moment after the permission reached the captain's ears, the door swung open. A head peeked in, gentle smile present on his face. Once he stepped inside, his eyes scanned the hallway, before closing the door silently.

His feet brought him closer to the bed, but stopped at a polite distance, with a couple of steps away, perhaps in slight fear of the prince. Millestein noticed that the bed was quite messy, the prince's hair ruffled. A rather harsh breeze came in, softly scratching his cheek. It prompted his green eyes to shift for a moment at the opened windows, finally concluding that perhaps the prince felt a bit too warm. Quickly realizing that he had taken a bit too much time lingering, he finally bowed in silence with his right hand on his heart, silver strands falling down, keeping the stance for the appropriate moment. "I apologize for interrupting your resting time, Prince Lesstiel."

"I shall not dally anymore since it's almost time for your silent departing," he said sheepishly as he stood up, "but I'm here to give you something". Moving his hand, he offered the cape folded neatly. "It is worn and does look like it, but I assure you it will help you when you get to Zrayurn." Well, the temple in Zrayurn to be exact.

The Knights Captain

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

On his bed

tags.

Of all people it must be the Knights Captain, would Argravin even be able to hide from this guy? ... Why is he hiding anyway.

It always amazes him how people around him can be so astute at times, but hopefully they'll amuse him by playing it off even if they noticed something amiss, though considering his status there's little chance of that happening. He is ever grateful for them though despite the formalities.

"Good morning. You're not interrupting anything, I've been awake for some time now."

There were confusion, or a buffer moment in his coral irises at the Captain's words and silence blankets them for a brief moment, the howling of wind that was usually faint were awfully loud. Departure? He was informed of this before wasn't he? "Y..es?" He says, unsure, dazed with the hued dawn color. Lesstiel moves to retrieve the cape but promptly stops, figuring if he move, Argravin's cover would no doubt be blown.

Awkwardly he bit the inner side of his cheek and slowly slides back into cover like he just twists an ankle or something. Lesstiel clears his throat. "Thank you. But you know I don't mind wearing clothes that aren't all silk and embroidered, don't look like I'm going to eat you." It's true, really. Despite all that he was given, from birth to now, he was far from an arrogant, self-centered prince. Even so it was all for nothing, the royal name no longer held what it used to hold.

"Sometimes I think the gods are playing with us. Sir Millestein." His voice falls to a gentle note there, slender fingers gripping at the top layer of his cover but he soon let it go. No point in harming objects that have no correlation to what was going on at the moment. He looks up at the Captain once more, the furrow of his brow disappearing and a gentle smile graces his face as they usually does.

"I'll get ready soon, you can place the cape down on the bed."

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

"Yes, perhaps that is true." A hum escaped him as he nods. Contrary to the extravagant way the ruler of this country dress, the prince always dressed so humbly every time he saw him. Well, perhaps since it's almost rare for him to be invited on an event, he didn't really have any occasion to dress fancy.

The prince's comment regarding the gods caused him to quiet down, widen eyes staring at the green-haired before retreating back to their regular shape. A thoughtful look settled on his face.

"Your sentiment is mutual, Prince Lesstiel," he finally began with a chuckle and a stride, "it isn't rare for misfortune to befall me, yet sometimes, I feel like I'm not allowed to cry for it for too long." He placed the white cape on the bed, eyes fixing on it even after he walked backwards to his former position.

"Because I know there are people more miserable than I am." his eyes rose as he continued, looking at the sky far away, framed by the whites and see-through fabrics that were swaying with the wind. "I will not admit that I'm not scared of you, Prince Lesstiel." His green irises shifted at the prince as he made that comment, "but I don't exactly know why such nasty prophecy talked about you."

"You're such a lovely kid," that perhaps burden the most misfortune as if someone's cursing you.

With that last sentence, Millestein bowed once more before turning around. When his hand settled on the handle, he stopped for a moment "also, your confusion should be answered by Argravin when he arrived, which should be soon."

And then, he left.

The Knights Captain

Last edited:

Lesstiel Vier

mood.

Tired

location.

Bedroom

tags.

'Because I know there are people more miserable than I am.'

It has always been like that for most people hasn't it? The fact there are others suffering worser fate made them unable to take pity on themselves for their own hardships, feeling as though they have no right to complain because others had it worse. But at times Lesstiel really wonder if that's a good mentality, although he, himself probably have that same thought.

After Millestein left and the door once again sealed the seperation between the walls, Lesstiel stayed silent for a moment too long. For him, although his converse with the Captain weren't frequent, the man was honest and at times spoke to him like an older brother and he likes having that sort of rooted connection. It would be a lie if he says he's fine with people being afraid of him, be it because of the prophecy, he knows his place especially being someone with enough power to do almost whatever he desired. ...All but go against the current ruler of this country.

Taking a deep breath, Lesstiel shook his head and lifts the cover, he peeks under it. Hopefully it's not too stiffling for Argravin under there.

"...Sooooo, mind telling me about Zrayurn?"

Restrained

♡coded by uxie♡

mood
--

tags
Relias_ Relias_

The unhinged katana wielder was silent the entire time, only letting out regulated breaths to his empty left side. It gradually became stuffy, and he was about to announce his presence when he heard his brother's voice. But he halted, perhaps because he didn't want to blow up the prince's attempt in covering him. But slowly, he felt something eating him up from the inside.

As their conversation continued, he felt it, more and more. He was aware of what it was, guilt. Yet for what? Perhaps it was because a short section of their conversation just then? Because he felt guilty hearing something he shouldn't? He didn't think so. As someone who occasionally got tasked to collect information--eavesdrop being one of the ways, this feeling was a foreigner in this area of work. Why..?

Before he got any answer, he heard the room quieting after a click of the door. The silence lingered, and Argravin decided not to disturb it.

He was glad that his thoughts blurred the last bits of their words at the end, and he soon felt that feeling subsiding. His surrounding was then not as dark, and he realized that the prince had pulled the cover that blocked his sight.

"...Sooooo, mind telling me about Zrayurn?"

Right.
He guessed he kind of forgot to tell him.

Argravin carefully shifted his position into seating, being mindful of the prince beside him.

"My Prince," he began, cerulean irises staring at the coral ones, "Won't you take a trip with me..." He then offered a hand, similar to one asking for their desired partner's hand to dance. "to find a way to reverse your curse?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back