Ira Schopenhauer

0stinato

In Bhaal's name.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
IraInitial.png

(Initial sketch - I'll clean this up [maybe] at some point)

Full Name: Ira Schopenhauer

Nickname(s): 'Chess'

Code: 0071

Birth date: 28th August 2020

Birth place: Oxfordshire, England

Social Class: Middle-class

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 77 KG

Body type: Broad but lean. Has more weight on his belly than you might imagine from just looking at him. The stance of a professional - raised chin, looking down his nose a lot.

Race: Caucasian, British

Eye color: Lilac/purple. Can look blue in the right light.

Hair color and Style: Although not cut in a particularly 'professional' way, Ira wears his uninspiring brown hair quite loose. It gives him a friendlier air, the look of a man who is approachable and not someone you couldn't converse with.

Skin tone: Slightly tanned.

Glasses/Contacts: Ira is short-sighted and always wears glasses. They are not an optional extra. Without them, he has to hold things less than thirty centimetres from himself in order to read them. He takes them off to wash and sleep, and no other time.

Accessories and cybernetics: Ira's cybernetics are hidden. Attached to the inside of his skull at the back is a lightweight and compressed Binary Decoder. What this mean is that Ira can, to some extent, 'communicate' with technology and machines. He does not have to be connected to them in any way and wireless connection is easily established, provided their frequency can be traced and read. For example, if he came face-to-monitor with a large turret, he could either intercept and break the signal the turret is receiving, or he could communicate with whatever computer is sending the signal and scramble the data or remove it entirely. He would be able to do this within five minutes and wouldn't have to move. However, it does have limitations and it is easy to hide or scramble a frequency so that Ira would not be able to detect it.

Clothes: Ira's way is to both blend in and appear important. As such, his usual attire is some sort of plain but smart shirt, perhaps a pinstriped shirt, occasionally a tie and a large, deep-brown, large-pocketed jacket. His casual attire is a lot more laid back, usually just a jogger jacket and no shoes. He does not seem to have a pattern to what he wears aside from the 'smart' look.

Personal weapons: None apart from his Binary Decoder.

Personal vehicles: Ira drives an unassuming black four-seater. However, depending on what kind of job he's on, he will rent out other styles of cars or vans in order to look important or to fool people into thinking that. He has had long-standing deals with most car-rental stores in Nevereign, meaning that the rates he has to pay on these hires are very reasonable.

Other items: Ira owns a small, palm-sized cylinder that, with a twist and a click, produces a strong but short-term energy shield about the size of a riot-shield. It could deflect or negate damage from many weapons, although easily overheats and only lasts for fifteen minutes before it needs recharging. Ira brings this with him only when he believes it to be absolutely necessary. He is looking to purchase a more useful one with a longer durability on it. Ira also carries tobacco, cigarette paper, filters and a lighter. You never know when a nicotine boost will be necessary.

Tattoos: None.

Occupation: Professional con-man. Apparently... However, Ira is also a part of the Dead Mollies (Molly's°sec), as a hacker. His Binary Decoder means he finds this rather fun. He believes that, no matter how advanced or perfect any virtual system may seem, there are always loopholes or weaknesses. Provided Ira finds these and has enough time, he can usually get into anything. It's just a matter of breaking down firewalls before he starts actually hacking. Ema does not know he is anti-corp. She knows he is a con-man and helps him in that but his involvement wit the Dead Mollies is unknown to her. He aims to keep it that way.

Housing: Ira owns a large flat with three bedrooms and two bathrooms. He also rents out continuously the suite in his favourite restaurant, Oroszlán's.

Likes: Texting, Ema's hatred of her eyebrows, the case files of the old project he was involved with (the Kax Kagan project), twilight walks in the countryside.

Dislikes: Action films, phone calls, his eyesight, the beach, pleated skirts, the iron hold of the numerous Corporations on the world (how is he supposed to make his own name?)

Fears: Ira fears that 'the man' (the Corporations or other large-scale organisations) will 'squash' him just because it is him on his own. Ira was always 'the smart one' between him and Ema, and so suddenly being just an average-intelligent man in the midst of these corporations is a little infuriating.

Wishes: To see Ema's project succeed in all its glory. And to live a carefree life as far as he can. To visit the South African coast.

Personality: Although he might appear stoic and focused, Ira greatly enjoys simple things in life. He can go to a café and just spend hours people-watching as he sips his slowly-cooling mug of mint tea, or just reminiscing about the old days where he used to beat Ema in bowling (but now she beats him). However, he can be very focused if he wants to be. It takes him no more than a second to go from casual-mode to work-mode. Like this, Ira could get through three books a day. He hones this by playing chess often, hence his nickname, although usually on his own. Ema will 1v1 him but she's usually busy. As such, Ira might turn to tackling chess over the internet with strangers.

Character Flaws: Like Ema, Ira strives to be good at everything. And, like Ema, he will sulk if something goes wrong or if he isn't the best. But he is good at accepting his flaws, it just takes him a little bit of time to do it. If he buys ice-cream he never finishes the entire thing and ends up wasting it.

Family Members, and relationship with each:

Ema Schopenhauer - Ira and Ema see their relationship as pretty much the same thing; Ira and Ema are more colleagues than siblings. However, Ira does have brotherly instincts, and, although won't immediately come to Ema's rescue should he see her in danger, will attempt to step in if he feels he should. That's should. Not wants to.

History/Background: Ira's professional life began at age 17 when he got a rare apprenticeship in a tech lab just outside of Canterbury in England. His quick-wit and appealing attitude to the work won him favour and soon he was working there professionally. At 20 he was given his first assignment to lead. This was to create and test new cybernetics that could be easily accessed and tampered with if necessary inside a human. Many tests failed, with the tech not being up to the job, but eventually Ira tested the tech free from any flesh. This was the sub-project of Kax Kagan, Project XYlinA. XYlinA was given prosthetic and cybernetic limbs (both legs, right arm) that were both lightweight and sturdy, without surrounding everything with flesh. This was a success. Soon Ira decided to bring in his sister to test his latest tech on, learning from what he did in Project XYlinA. He was nervous but successfully implanted Ema with tech that could be easily accessed, changed, improved or just taken out. Since that succeeded, Ira lost interest in that whole field, because, in his mind, he'd 'completed' it. He sought new challenges and eventaully became a con-man, as it was more entertaining and required a different kind of brain work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Approved although I just skimmed it. I trust your creative skills enough that I didn't spend time reading everything. I hope it wasn't a bother to write all of that.

@0stinato so it probably goes without saying but I thought I'd ask anyways. Is Ira residing in Nevereign?

Yep... flat in some big building somewhere. Probably a rather built-up area so he can keep in contact easily.

I didn't realise I'd be bring him in as a player character but here he is. Kind of convenient I'm introducing him with Ema.

Yep... flat in some big building somewhere. Probably a rather built-up area so he can keep in contact easily.

I didn't realise I'd be bring him in as a player character but here he is. Kind of convenient I'm introducing him with Ema.

I thought the same thing C:

Users who are viewing this thread