• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings [Invite Only] Valorous Order: Insignius Blade

Xethyrion

New User: Serobliss
Valorous Order: Insignius Bladeaeyukarus vondera empyria

EmpyriaSymbol01.png

roleplay genre & style
Literate, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Original

executive administrator
Serobliss (Starlight Zero#2227

official roleplay thread
Coming Soon

registration status
Open

introduction
Valorous Order: Insignius Blade is a massively open world roleplay taking place within the world of Empyria, a powerful empire known for its resilience and advanced societies that is often compared to that of the perfect utopian civilization. The setting primarily takes place on the surface of Aucteraden, one of the twelve autonomous provinces located in Agartha, the colossal home planet of the Empyrian Empire. The story will follow a series of arcs planned by the game masters, in which the player will have the freedom to control their character and decide on the outcome of the event through their influence.

grand lore
The galactic superpower known as the Empyrian Empire, more commonly known as “Empyria”, stands strong in the year 709 of the Empyrian calendar, located within the sixth of the seven realms that make up the universe. The empire reigns supreme dominance over a single exoplanet located in the Milky Way, named “Agartha” by its founder, Eleanor Priscilla Ophelia. Along with its home world, the empire also holds sovereignty over its multiple moons and other planets that is located outside the Empyrian space, such as the Vecturias Kingdom and the Eldrion Dominion, two former mighty nations who sold their loyalty to the Empyrian Empire in exchange for their military’s assistance in any conflict they may come cross. The supreme power of Empyria exceeds even its intergalactic reputation, as it is considered by many to be the ideal society created by the survivors of tyrants, as the legend of the empire’s founding empress remains to be influential on a universal level.

Besides its sheer might of the Imperial Army, the empire is known for one other reason, the renewable and valuable resource known as Vicarius energy that can only be produced in the core of Agartha, extracted from the northern regions of the mainland. The energy alone powers the entirety of Empyria, giving life to the beautiful architectures that can be found on almost every province. Due to its versatile status, the energy can be used for powering devastating weapons and even space crafts, making it one of the most demanded resources from the outside world that wishes to duplicate the energy for themselves, though it was proven to be impossible due to the unique materials that is required to create the energy source, let alone mass produce it. The Empyrian Empire uses the Vicarius energy for almost everything, including powering their massive civilizations and creating weapons to defend the empire from any future threats it may have to face.

The world of Empyria is divided by twelve autonomous provinces, under the supreme rule of House Ophelia, the royal family. Each of the twelve province has its own government system that abides by the constitution of the Aeterna Imperium, the eternal law of the empire written by the Founding Empress. Those who have proven their worth to the empire and are rewarded by its ruler to regulate a province are called the Collbrandes of Ophelia, a group of twelve powerful individuals that has sworn their oath to protect the interests of Empyria until the end of their days. These individuals supervise one province each, having full executive control over its government. The Collbrandes remain to be the most politically powerful group of individuals in the entirety of the Empyrian Empire, just below the throne as they are the protectors of the Aeterna Imperium. However, while they remain to have full control over the provinces below the monarch, another triumvirate group exists above the Collbrandes, known as the Cardinal Caliburn Order, each symbolizing the three crest of Empyria: Valor, Revelation, and Divinity.

Screenshot (231).png
foundation era | declaration of the aeterna imperium

———————— DashThingy.png ————————
《 0 – 100 EC | 2136 – 2236 GC 》
Eleanor Ophelia, the legendary revolutionist and astronomer from Earth and the one who founded Agartha and established the world of Empyria that would later become the galaxy's fiercest empire. The beginning of the official Empire Calendar began the moment Agartha chose its master on November 8, 2136, the title being given to Eleanor Ophelia as that would later establish the royal bloodline and begin the new age of Empyria. The world began to build itself as people from all across the galaxy began to travel their way to Empyria, seeking refuge in the kingdom in order to get away from the factions they were once part of. This would eventually create a kingdom expanding to the millions.

This process eventually made Empyria grow to the point of becoming a kingdom strong enough to defend itself as more and more members of Empyria's elite began to notice their true power behind the Cataracts they received. Using their powerful abilities, the Noble Houses were established and laws were created with the first generation of Collbrandes. Without major conflict, the beginning era of Empyria wasn't the most peaceful of eras as many different scavenger factions would periodically terrorize the kingdom, only to be met with the pure destructive power of the Cataracts. The sheer power of these phenomena began to spread the word across the galaxy, as less threats began to appear near Empyria over time.

first great war | battle for agartha

《 160 – 172 EC | 2296 – 2306 GC 》

The first major conflict occurred after Eldrion Dominion’s hostile threats, forcing the Empyrian Empire to arm their soldiers as quickly as possible. The first contact of war began after the Eldrion’s series of attacks from space, later stating that the goal of their invasion was to usurp the Vicarius Energy flow for their own usage, essentially enslaving the Empyrians during the process. As common conquerors ruled by a Eldrion Warlord, the invasion was devastating and costed Empyria trillions in damages that was difficult to repair overtime. However, Empyria was able to stand their ground and emerged victorious after 12 years of raging warfare on both land and air.

The key points behind the empire’s victory resides mainly on Cataracts and Empress Novalor’s demonstration of competence, the latter leading the army with an iron fist. Along with the triumvirate group called the Cardinal Caliburn Order, the counterattack against the Eldrion forces from the mainland became successful overtime, along with Solomon von Bismarck’s great efforts in defeating multiple Eldrion commanders. The final blow that left that concluded the war was made during the final conflict between two leaders, as the Eldrion Warlord challenged Empress Novalor in a private duel to decide the fate of the long war. The latter later brutalized their opponent into severe conditions, leaving the Warlord permanently damaged.

golden era of peace

《 210 – 550 EC | 2346 – 2686 GC 》

After the First Great War, peace was difficult to establish. With Empress Novalor resigning from the throne shortly after the conflict, she reportedly collapsed and died from lethal wounds caused by the Eldrion Warlord, though that has never been confirmed visually by anyone but Siegfried Ouroboros. Her sudden retirement from power was troubling alone, as her children were believed to be not nearly capable as she was, especially due to the fact that majority of her children were born a decade before the war. However, her 2nd eldest son, Samuel Zolvien Ophelia proposed to take the throne during difficult times, despite being the weakest among the link in terms of strength.

Due to the lack of competition amongst the Ophelia bloodline, Samuel became the 3rd Emperor of Empyria at the age of 23, on the year 174. Despite doubts and cynicism from the general public, he later proved himself to be the competent leader that was required to rebuild the empire, establishing peace quicker than most anticipated through his great leadership. After his grateful services to the empire, he retired from the throne on 251 EC and was succeeded by the first prince, Xathaniel Ruther Ophelia on 252 EC. Peace resumed for the next three centuries, as mechanized walkers and the special weapon “Ascalons” were invented, as the imperial army improved their weapons drastically during their time of peace.

second great war | crimson empyreal tragedies

《 553 – 557 EC | 2689 – 2693 GC 》

The invasion of the Rythen Empire occurred from March 3rd, 553 to December 21st, 557. The first signal of the war happened when the Rythen Empire shot down an Empyria’s spacecraft from orbit, beginning the start of the galactic war until it reached onto Empyria’s soil, losing millions of civilians and soldiers during the attack. The exact purpose of this confrontation remains largely unknown to most Empyrians but were to quick to assume that the Rythen Empire were after Agartha’s unending clean energy, though that is merely a speculation and nothing more. Led by Gilanein, the 7th Commandant of the Rythen Empire, the Rythens swarmed the entirety of Empyria within just a few weeks, taking over more than half of the planet.

During this time, the empire was led by the 5th Ruler, Eusford Ophelia, who was mostly responsible for multiple military operations undergoing massive failures due to his extreme incompetence in leading the war. With no experience in combat and his incapability to use his Cataract for war, he was eventually overthrown by his eldest son, William Ophelia and assassinated during the coup d'état. After usurping the throne and declaring himself the temporary ruler of Empyria, William awakened most of his Cataract’s powers and began the counterattack, which remained widely successful to the point where the enemy Remnants had to consider a retreat. Though this particular information is inaccurate, it was said that William Ophelia fought Gilanein alone and emerged victorious, forcing the latter to declare the end of the war by retreating completely.

aftermath

《 558 – 693 EC | 2694 – 2829GC 》

The devastation of the Second Great War left Empyria crippled to its core, with nine of their twelve provinces being completely ravaged. Billions lost their lives and merely two of the Collbrandes survived, including Xanthos Hels Kaiser, the leading colonel general that served directly under the Symbol of Valor. He was the first to be honorably given the Medal of Valor by Siegfried Ouroboros herself, providing him with great honor. With the sudden death of William Ophelia who was soon going to canonized as the 6th Emperor of Empyria, the empire readjusted the decision and instead gave the crown to Waldstein Zure Ophelia, naming the younger brother of William the 6th ruler. The aid of House Bismarck played a key role in rebuilding the empire, as the aftermath of the war further brought the common folks and the nobility together in the hopes to recreating their home.

war on raignork | operation downfall

《 697 – 698 EC | 2833 – 2834 GC 》

After a series of misfortunes amongst the Ophelia family after King Waldstein Ophelia’s death, the last surviving member of the Ophelia family, Aeryn Kure Ophelia became the 7th Ruler of Empyria on November 29, 694 at the age of 13. With the advisor Collbrande Zereos Bismarck by her side, Queen Aeryn declared war against the Rythen Empire and began the official War on Raignork on February 8, 697. The war lasted for nearly a year, ending the conflict on January 6, 698 by dropping the largest nuclear warhead Empyria had at its disposal. While the war concluded in a victory, half of the Rythen Empire’s military still remained at the end. Eight of the twelve Collbrandes that fought in the war were either honorably discharged from their position or killed in the battles, along with two of the twelve Remnants of Ouranos.

The conclusion of this war stripped the Rythen Empire from their intergalactic superpower status, as news of the “Empress of Calamity” being dead began to spread around the universe, praising the Empyrian Empire for their valorous victory against the tyranny. This led to a series of events of other technological nations joining the empire, some signing an agreement to become its commonwealth under Empyria’s constitution, in exchange for the empire’s protection. However, the truth would later be discovered that the Empress of Calamity never perished along with the planet, nor was she present in the war to began with. It is currently unknown why the Empress never revealed herself in the war, but some speculate that it was her cowardice that costed the Rythens the conflict. There are still many mysteries to unfold about the impossible conclusion of the war.

saygien conflict

《 700– 701 EC | 2836 – 2837 GC 》
Shortly after the war ended another conflict arose from Sector Nine, on June 15, 700. After the Saygien Faction ordered an attack on the Empyrian Embassy located on the southern region of the planet, the faction waged a minor war against the Empyrian Empire for personal freedom. However, the war ended quickly in no less than 6 months due to Empyria’s super weapons and their general superiority in technology and military power. The Saygien Conflict was led by Draigh Kaiser and brought another victory to the empire on December 14, 700. This battle would later cause Empyria to place sanctions around Sector Nine and dispose of the rebellious government, destroying any chance of another insurgency.

scarlet era | reign of valor

《 703 – Current EC | 2839 – Current GC 》

The Scarlet Era, officially established by Empress Aeryn Kure Ophelia on the year 703 in her valiant speech, is the current era of Empyria. It was boldly stated to represent Empyria’s final steps in achieving their audacious title of being called the Paragon Empire of the Final Supremacy, after the Empress’s claim that the empire has remained neutral and passive for far too long. With the Rythen Empire crippled from their superpower status, Empyria began its process of recruiting for other commonwealth realms that were interested in exchanging their loyalty for Empyria’s protection, in which many offered. However, many were turned down as fraudulent became noticeable, some nations deliberately injecting their own nobility into the ranks of Empyria in hopes to returning home with a Cataract user. This process would later cause Empyria to warn other nations with force.

Attachments

• IntCheckFront.png
    IntCheckFront.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
  • RandomTest01.png
    RandomTest01.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 1
  • HistoryAndCulture.jpg
    HistoryAndCulture.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HistoryAndCulture.jpg
    HistoryAndCulture.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I am getting MASSIVE 40k vibes from this, but less grim-dark (which I appreciate). The lore is both incredible and understandable, providing depth to the universe while ensuring it doesn't become cluttered. I think I'd have to give it another read through to contribute anything, but you certainly have an interested party over here.

I am getting MASSIVE 40k vibes from this, but less grim-dark (which I appreciate). The lore is both incredible and understandable, providing depth to the universe while ensuring it doesn't become cluttered. I think I'd have to give it another read through to contribute anything, but you certainly have an interested party over here.
The documents presented are mere prototypes, but we should have them effectively finished for viewing by the end of this month. It's possible that we'll have it done sooner, including list of characters that the GMs have already established into the root of the lore, that should help with coloring our setting. We'll update the central post of this thread once we're finished, instead of adding bits of information overtime.

Holy moly, this world sounds incredibly massive in scope. I am definitely interested!
It'll definitely be a large world once we start amassing players.

One quick question is that with such a massive world, will it be possible to meaningfully play with just a single character? Or would this roleplay effectively require being an organization head/group leader? Also yes I am curious to the aesthetic/feel for the world, as the picture seem to edge towards anime/sci-fi (which is very much my jam!)

One quick question is that with such a massive world, will it be possible to meaningfully play with just a single character? Or would this roleplay effectively require being an organization head/group leader? Also yes I am curious to the aesthetic/feel for the world, as the picture seem to edge towards anime/sci-fi (which is very much my jam!)
That's more of our countermeasure against possible leavers or ghosts that may leave the roleplay midway, which could very much happen more than once. We'll allow people to have more than a single primary character once they have proven themselves to be more than interested, to the point where they really do want to be a part of the lore and story. Though we won't enforce requirement levels for such things, we just want to see dedication first before we give those players more accessible freedom.

Is there another way to access the document I cannot on my phone
Grand Lore
Organization & Hierarchy
Guide for Creating Characters

We'll have it more mobile friendly in the next upcoming week.

Big Pixiv Fantasia vibes, except its writing instead of drawing. Very interested if its done in a similar manner!

Is there another way to access the document I cannot on my phone
If you're using Chrome on your phone, go to the three dots settings at tope right of yer screen and scroll down til ye see "Desktop Site". Press that and the page should load similarly as it would on pc.

Me power be out and I'm losing daylight but I would be interested in something like this

That's more of our countermeasure against possible leavers or ghosts that may leave the roleplay midway, which could very much happen more than once. We'll allow people to have more than a single primary character once they have proven themselves to be more than interested, to the point where they really do want to be a part of the lore and story. Though we won't enforce requirement levels for such things, we just want to see dedication first before we give those players more accessible freedom.

Grand Lore
Organization & Hierarchy
Guide for Creating Characters

We'll have it more mobile friendly in the next upcoming week.
Could you resend the first one, the other two work but the first doesn’t

I'm confused - Interested and Want to learn more and possible be apart of this cool-stuff.

Whilst the lore is unfinished, you have certainly piqued my interest with what's available. I'd have to wait and see what the prospects for characters are, in more detail, before I can give you and the GM team anything more rigid.

I almost forgot. Since the setting does state it as "anime," so what are the character art requirements? Just anime?

I'm interested. I think I need to reread the lore a couple of times and wait for the release of other information before I decide upon a character and provide some input though. Really amazing work there though.

I am definitely interested in this, though personally I'd need to wait until more information was up and characters were being submitted to get a better idea of what I wanted to play. Count me in though!

Very interested in this, but I am a bit intimidated by the sheer scope and detail of the world you've created here. So, will wait for new information to come out and rereading the information that has already been given. I genuinely look forward to this. <3

Very interested in this, but I am a bit intimidated by the sheer scope and detail of the world you've created here. So, will wait for new information to come out and rereading the information that has already been given. I genuinely look forward to this. <3
Dun you worry none. It's the minor details that ultimately drives the story. And Ser's big brain.
Come down to the Discord with us to get you started!

Wow that's a heavy load of lore. I am a little concerned about the scope of the story seeming a bit too large, but you've definitely poked at my interest enough to keep an eye on this.

Edit: Haha, I didn't see the person right above me say almost the exact same thing about scope. Great minds and all that.

Wow that's a heavy load of lore. I am a little concerned about the scope of the story seeming a bit too large, but you've definitely poked at my interest enough to keep an eye on this.

Edit: Haha, I didn't see the person right above me say almost the exact same thing about scope. Great minds and all that.
The best part? Its all written by Ser. Absolute madlad.
Anyways, come join us in the Discord and get updates on new patches and goodies!
(cookies included)

Alright... this seems interesting and all and I want to read it, but the text is so small. I could read it if I really felt like investing the effort, but as soon as I get to the middle of a line my head starts to swim. Is there any way you could possibly make it bigger?

Alright... this seems interesting and all and I want to read it, but the text is so small. I could read it if I really felt like investing the effort, but as soon as I get to the middle of a line my head starts to swim. Is there any way you could possibly make it bigger?
You should be able to zoom in once on the PDF file, unless you're on mobile. We'll have it be more mobile friendly once we've completely finished with the lore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back