News Invisioning The Future (RpN 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I'm officially confused. But I'll understand once I get into action, all right.

Did anyone else loose all of their followers/following? Will I automatically get them back?

It has been said in quite a few places... followers were lost in the move. Apparently it was an unforseen glitch and unfortunately, there is no way (at least that's been announced or stated anywhere) to get them back. 

Did ya'll reset the system or something? Because my followers were all gone/the people who followed me. Also, why did you limit the signature to 5 LINES  I seriously don't understand that..it is also weird that I cannot put a spoiler if I WANTED TO PUT A VIDEO. But sadly I can't put a video because it doesn't give me the option to :/  Another thing, why must i get notifications of what my followers are doing? Is there an option to turn that off? Cause it is really annoying me to get several notifications when my followers are doing something. Also, is there a way to turn off the double notification when I get a PM? Because it is also really annoying to get a second notification that someone has "messages me". One notification was enough..two is annoying. I am thankful for the update but there are just some things I needed to get off my chest that were highly bothering me. 

Did ya'll reset the system or something?

Completely new software.

Because my followers were all gone/the people who followed me.

Followers got nuked due to a glitch in the live transfer. They had survived the test transfer but... We're all pretty torn up about it.

Also, why did you limit the signature to 5 LINES

That's been a rule for as long as I've been here, which is a year and a half. It's to stop users from having obnoxiously large signatures that detract from the posts.

it is also weird that I cannot put a spoiler if I WANTED TO PUT A VIDEO. But sadly I can't put a video because it doesn't give me the option to

Try just pasting the Youtube or Vimeo link in the spoiler. If that doesn't work, report it as a bug and we'll let the forum developers know.

Another thing, why must i get notifications of what my followers are doing? Is there an option to turn that off?

That's the way this software works. It bugs the hell out of me too. I think there's a way to turn it off, but I also haven't bothered to re-follow any users yet so I'm not sure. Try scrolling through this list: https://www.rpnation.com/notifications/options/

Also, is there a way to turn off the double notification when I get a PM?

The link I just gave you, make sure notifications for receiving a message are turned off, and see if that works.

Completely new software.

Followers got nuked due to a glitch in the live transfer. They had survived the test transfer but... We're all pretty torn up about it.

That's been a rule for as long as I've been here, which is a year and a half. It's to stop users from having obnoxiously large signatures that detract from the posts.

Try just pasting the Youtube or Vimeo link in the spoiler. If that doesn't work, report it as a bug and we'll let the forum developers know.

That's the way this software works. It bugs the hell out of me too. I think there's a way to turn it off, but I also haven't bothered to re-follow any users yet so I'm not sure. Try scrolling through this list: https://www.rpnation.com/notifications/options/

The link I just gave you, make sure notifications for receiving a message are turned off, and see if that works.

*coughs* Um, no. I have posted more than 5 lines before and it didn't say anything about it. The limit was 30 lines before. Also, why can't we put colored font or edit the size of the font???

Last edited by a moderator:
*coughs* Um, no. I have posted more than 5 lines before and it didn't say anything about it. The limit was 30 lines before. Also, why can't we put colored font or edit the size of the font???

:P

The signature editor probably does not support or have permissions for text color and size turned on. I know those are things we had turned off for users before.

:P

The signature editor probably does not support or have permissions for text color and size turned on. I know those are things we had turned off for users before.

I was talking about regular posts on the thing about colored text and font :/  and the 5 lines things is about the signature just to be clear. Because I know for sure we had more than 5 lines to work with in the signature :/

I was talking about regular posts on the thing about colored text and font :/

Look for these buttons:

c99ff9d8af0d68484fdeb7470d2bcbb3.png

ad852c0ac5183d2ecc2b542eb857f294.png

b4260b508584f21b7fcacae72783cbd1.png

I am just happy to have color because it makes everything look more alive and also, HA I SAW YOUR NAME! YOU AREN'T INVISIBLE AFTER ALL WELIAN 

If it was then it shouldn't have allowed users to have 30 lines of space to use. Looks like a bs statement to me, Meredith.

If it was then it shouldn't have allowed users to have 30 lines of space to use. Looks like a bs statement to me, Meredith.

that isnt really something we can control... at least i don't think so anyways otherwise we would have implemented it in

• Signatures are restricted to containing at most 5 lines of text and 1 image.
  • Signatures must refrain from unnecessarily large images.
  • Signatures are not allowed to contain moving or animated images (such as .gifs) of any kind.
  • Signatures must be free from excessive emoticons, excessive use of colorful text, and other types of related content.
  • RpNation Site Administrators and Moderators have the ability to remove signatures without warning if a signature is determined to be inappropriate or distracting.

It's there in the rules.

Wasn't something we could've changed at the time - it is in the rules and has been since I joined the site, which is over two years ago. :)

Not sure what @Kadoarichikito is talking about, I've never been able to have more than five lines of text in a signature. The site would never let me. If he's had 30 lines of signature text before, I'd love to know how he did that.

Okay. Stupid question since I cannot look up anything on my phone. No recurring donations then? The Wizard's Hat is not working anymore? I know the recurring option took the money, but I am not sure RPNation got it...

Okay. Stupid question since I cannot look up anything on my phone. No recurring donations then? The Wizard's Hat is not working anymore? I know the recurring option took the money, but I am not sure RPNation got it...

Hi!

The site should have gotten a recurring donation if Paypal said that wizard's hat took money from you. However the donation system is new and I had not configured it to read those. Please go ahead and submit a ticket in admin contact https://www.rpnation.com/support with your paypal email and I'll get it to mark you properly :)!

Man, looks like the internet winds brought me back just in time for new shiny stuff.

Welcome back C:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread