News Invisioning The Future (RpN 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followers were lost in the move :(

We didn't see it coming - they just kinda.. died.

Your cache probably cleared, yeah.

i know. but thats a problem because i had no idea about this move so i didn't write down my followers names and now i have to go hunt them down

i know. but thats a problem because i had no idea about this move so i didn't write down my followers names and now i have to go hunt them down

They did post an update about the move almost two weeks in advance - maybe more. And from what I've read, no one knew that followers would be lost. It didn't happen in any of their tests but it happened when the site went live in the new format. 

They did post an update about the move almost two weeks in advance - maybe more. And from what I've read, no one knew that followers would be lost. It didn't happen in any of their tests but it happened when the site went live in the new format. 

i wasn't here for a while so maybe i missed it

The loss of followers was a glitch that happened when we were doing the move for realz but not before. Refollowing is.. where it's at, right now. 

If you'd posted on their profiles previously, you can look through your profile posts through a means described here (with pictures and all!): 

(You can also find old posts and threads through that process.)

Is it confirmed that 1x1 will be the way that they are now? Because if it is, that's highly disappointing. I wrote a longer piece on why but I guess that doesn't matter since I can't make any executive decisions.

In my opinion, the 1x1 may not be as complex as the groups but the bonuses granted to the groups could be useful to the people who do do 1x1 RPing. Having multiple threads would have made organization much easier than me going through and linking 4 separate posts to one another.

Is it confirmed that 1x1 will be the way that they are now? Because if it is, that's highly disappointing. I wrote a longer piece on why but I guess that doesn't matter since I can't make any executive decisions.

In my opinion, the 1x1 may not be as complex as the groups but the bonuses granted to the groups could be useful to the people who do do 1x1 RPing. Having multiple threads would have made organization much easier than me going through and linking 4 separate posts to one another.

I'm not quite sure on this, but if you have access to your content and have the ability to edit it and whatnot (I don't rp in 1 x 1 so I'm not quite positive how all that stuff works), then you could just move it into the group system and use that format. Set the rp to closed with only you and your partner having permission to post anywhere and viola. You get the same stuff as a group rp. Sure, moving content is going to suck because you'd have to move each post individually I think, but in theory it would work. 

Then again, I'm not sure if this is something the staff would encourage... but it is a logical thought I think. 

I'm not quite sure on this, but if you have access to your content and have the ability to edit it and whatnot (I don't rp in 1 x 1 so I'm not quite positive how all that stuff works), then you could just move it into the group system and use that format. Set the rp to closed with only you and your partner having permission to post anywhere and viola. You get the same stuff as a group rp. Sure, moving content is going to suck because you'd have to move each post individually I think, but in theory it would work. 

Then again, I'm not sure if this is something the staff would encourage... but it is a logical thought I think.

1x1s are really easy to keep to one thread (put characters at the top, roleplay from there) - they might be moved over later, but group roleplays are the only ones that desperately need the new system. We're keeping it as it is because right now we're having trouble replying to everything already. It might be changed later - if I were you, I'd make a suggestion thread with your argument for it - but at the moment they're staying there.

Last edited by a moderator:
(put characters at the top, roleplay from there)

And where would the OOC go? Out of character conversation is vital to all the rps I've ever been a part of and even though I haven't done any 1x1s on this site, I can see how not having an easy access connection between the two locations could be a problem and at the moment, they need to tab the connection in manually and even then, the link would only be available on the 1st page. 

I was merely intending my post to offer a possible alternative although I still have no idea how the staff would feel about people doing it. 

1x1s are really easy to keep to one thread (put characters at the top, roleplay from there) - they might be moved over later, but group roleplays are the only ones that desperately need the new system. We're keeping it as it is because right now we're having trouble replying to everything already. It might be changed later - if I were you, I'd make a suggestion thread with your argument for it - but at the moment they're staying there.

I have provided suggestions to edit the 1x1 in a feedback post of my general opinion. Would it be better if I created a separate thread for the 1x1 changes?

I have provided suggestions to edit the 1x1 in a feedback post of my general opinion. Would it be better if I created a separate thread for the 1x1 changes?

Aah, okay! If it's in 'suggestions' (SQ&I) we'll be looking through those soon - so that's good. Thank you for sharing your opinions nicely~

And where would the OOC go? Out of character conversation is vital to all the rps I've ever been a part of and even though I haven't done any 1x1s on this site, I can see how not having an easy access connection between the two locations could be a problem and at the moment, they need to tab the connection in manually and even then, the link would only be available on the 1st page. 

I was merely intending my post to offer a possible alternative although I still have no idea how the staff would feel about people doing it. 

Put the OOC in the personal discussion forum under 'chitchat' and link it at the top of the thread. That's what the chitchat prefix is for - when OOCs get too crowded.

I'm really loving the new site so far and it's a little sad that people are hating on it when it will offer so much functionality if we just give it a few days. I especially love the fact that we can make our own little forums with threads inside them and all of the moderation functions that go along with that such as restricting who sees what. It's just annoying when mods say over and over that it's not done and people still badger them about the same exact questions that have been asked/answered repeatedly in the same thread. The site really isn't that hard to navigate or understand.

Great job, guys! This site is moving into the direction that I've always wanted in a roleplaying site and it's more modern and in line with how other roleplay sites function and that's wonderful! It's all I've ever wanted and I'm very much looking forward to the buttons!

I think RpN Dark makes me most comfortable.

I love this ! It will take some time to get used to it though.

Also, will we have to scroll far up each time we want to check notifications/messages, or will it follow us like in the older version ?

Amazing ! This is just like magic ! c:

Actually, I think I'm getting the hang of this; seems easier to understand than I thought. But one question; why is there a five-tab-limit ?

maxresdefault.jpg

Not only was this a quick change, but it is a change I approve of greatly. :)  Thank all mentioned and you, Dark Wizard, for it all. <3

Changes all around me! I initially had some reservation about a new site, but now I greatly embrace it!

Thanks to all for the staff for always being awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread