• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

INVASION: Planetary Conquest!

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
The Sleeper ship has traveled the unguessable distances of space to finally arrive at a shimmering jewel of a planet. A planet ripe for conquest.

The ship has expended almost all it's resources in arriving here. Only the smallest amounts of ships, equipment, and troops can be awoken for the invasion at hand -- Energy, Raw materials, and of course Biomass must be extracted from the planet covertly before a larger scale invasion can begin.

For now, the best of weapons and most terrifying troops must stay in stasis and the invasion must proceed carefully... but soon enough, with luck and initial success -- the beings of this planet will know more than to fear and suspect what hovers in the ether above them.... they will know true terror.

This is an interest check for my planetary invasion sim -- each player will be an alien overlord with a small amount of starting resources, aliens, and ships. From these humble beginnings the planet below must be conquered, but you must also distinguish yourself as the ultimate conqueror -- for only the greatest conqueror(s) will be allowed to remain behind to rule when the sleeper ship leaves it's conquest for new victims across the galaxy.

Some may already know me from my very successful "Lost Continent: Flight from Muurdaan" Nation builder that has been going on for years and dominates the nation building forum for comparative life and size of game. This game (I'm hoping) will be lighter, faster paced and quite different from my other game,

Interested players will come up with a Overlord character concept and may design ships, troops and weapons for their invasion force to start with. Whether they be psionic mindbenders, bodysnatching infiltrators, animalistic Xenomorphs, or straight up brutal ground forces will be worked out before entry to the game.

The game will unfold in a series of missions, ranging from covertly stealing resources, human and cattle abduction for study and gathering of biomass, spying and infiltrating, to terror missions and direct conflict and coercion of the planet's populace.

Think of the game as a "Reverse X-com" -- where instead of being an organization that fights to repel an escalating alien invasion -- you are instead the invaders.

POST #12 has detailed instructions for starting to design your faction!

Feel free to ask questions and state interest in this thread, and I will get back to those willing to play. We will start with the invasion of a slightly technologically advanced earth == but who knows what mysteries and other conquests await? Time will tell, Overlord. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Obligatory Video:

Anyways, interested! Juggling a few ideas like a religious interplanetary cult/messiah figure/zealot. Or maybe a pheromone based illusion/siren-esque mind influencers.

Once I see how many/who's interested I'll get a Application set up. So far so good!

OKAY! If you are interested in joining, here is the application process (or really how to design a character/faction)

Overlord: This is You/Your leader. What do they look like? What motivates them? What is their personality, how do they feel about other overlords?

Relationship to the mother brain: The Sleeper ship, and all overlords, answer to a unifying force -- the evil mother brain. Is your faction free-thinking with their own interests? Do they do the bidding of the mother brain without question? Do they secretly harbor dreams of freedom or rebellion? Are they mindless conquerors in service to her? Factions with better relations with the mother brain may receive bonuses during faction construction.

What alien race(s) do you lead in your journey for conquest? Animalistic beasts? Elite soldiers? Robots? what do they look like and what motivates them? You can design your own race(s) or the GM (Me) can work with you to create some. What is your faction like? What is their history? (conquered like so many other planets, freely serve the mother brain for whatever reason, are purely constructs, etc.)

What interests you about this RP? Why do you want to be a part of it?

Starting Resources: The basic starting resources are 20 Biomass, 10 Resources, 10 Energy, 2 fighters, and a scout ship. More resources will need to be acquired to increase your forces, technology, fleet, and scale of invasion. Depending on your faction concept you may have more or less of certain resources and depend on some more than others.

Resources can be used to buy "Technology Cards" which usually consist of a choice of two technologies you can use with your faction. Cards can be traded, or shared with the use of resources and energy.

"Greys" -- Any unspent biomass (what types of forces you choose will determine how many troops you have and how powerful they are with your starting biomass) will be given to you as "greys" -- these are basic stereotypical grey aliens that can be converted freely into biomass or do any kinds of tasks necessary for your faction (Pilot, science, engineering, even fighting) -- so even if you have a faction of say, Xenomorphs that have animal intellect, you can use greys to fly your ships and conduct other types of tasks. Greys are the one unit in the game that all factions have access to, and are completely interchangable with biomass.

Share this information in the thread or if you prefer PM me or we can talk on discord to answer questions and flesh out players.

Welcome and good hunting!

Last edited:
Absolutely! I miss it too, but no one else was responding. Interesting 1x1 idea though! This looks so cool! Might make some Venom-esque symbiotes. That could be cool!

Overlord: While her children are all rather formless, Triaxa of the Cortovans is capable of creating a form for herself, though it is mutable, and requires her to eat quite a lot. It’s still better for her to take a host. Currently using this one B079A614-7FC8-47E0-BBB2-49D352F2EFC4.jpeg

Relationship to the mother brain: Triaxa is by no means a worshipper of the mother brain, but she understands the power it has, and will kneel to get some of it. She wants her people to thrive, and ultimately, she wants to have the proper resources to birth another queen, and let their influence spread further. In the end, this is for her own purposes, but she does have loyalty.

The Cortovan forces are… eclectic. To put it simply, none of them other than the queen can survive outside a host, which leads to her active soldiers all being from different races. She even makes a point to take as many prisoners as possible in any conflict, to keep them in stasis or give them a ‘partner’ immediately.

You know how much I love an evil world domination campaign. It’s just too good!

Starting Resources: The basic starting resources are 30 Biomass, 10 Resources, 10 Energy, 2 fighters, and a scout ship.
Considering how much they have to eat, they need a lot of biomass.

Tech Cards: Menagerie - your race is formless so whatever races you capture/unlock you can make troops of them.

Last edited:
You know how much I love an evil world domination campaign. It’s just too good!

Starting Resources: The basic starting resources are 30 Biomass, 10 Resources, 10 Energy, 2 fighters, and a scout ship.
Considering how much they have to eat, they need a lot of biomass.

Approved. Normally I will edit the starting resources, but this is fair. You may also start with one or more technology cards... but this will be determined later.

(Zerg, from starcraft. Modified for balance purpouses.)

Overlord:
1542760829876.png
Broodlord Azhaek: Only one broodlord may exist within the Zerg society at a time. Azhaek had just rised to power when the Mother Brain took over the zerg. Without experience leading, the whole Zerg came under the control of the mother brain within months. Due to this, Azhaek is usually hostile against the any other force under the mother brain, and will only cooperate with the other races under specific situations or when specifically ordered to. Azhaek is a prideful Broodlord, and prefers to overwhelm his enemies with superior numbers.

Under the Mother brain, Azhaek won tactical experience, and most, if not all of the planets conquered by the Zerg had all their biomass stripped off them, while leaving inorganic resources to the other races to use. Azhaek is also short tempered, and doesn't has a sense of honor. He despises other races and considers the Zerg to be the superior race, and thinks that over time, all organic life will be Zerg.

Relationship to the Mother Brain: The Zerg are a recent addition to the Mother Brain. They fell due to the inexperience of their leader, Azhaek, at the time. They hate the Mother Brain, yet they are obey it without question, because thanks to it, the Zerg are thriving more than ever, feasting on entire planets and assimilating entire species. They aren't planning on a rebellion soon, yet they know that for their goal of assimilating the universe, the Mother Brain must eventually fall...

Forces: The Zerg forces are entirely biological, and so, you will not find a piece of technology in them. They rely on their superior number, and due to their appearances they can employ horror tactics depending on the enemy race. Seeing a man being gruesomely eaten by a zergling isn't pretty.

The Zerg were discovered by the Mother Brain in their home planet. They were then enslaved, and their numberless troops were forced in countless battlefields, laying waste and devouring any biological being on their wake.

However, the Mother Brain discovered that the Zerg were vulnerable to EMP's, since they disrupt the control of the Broodlord over them, turning them into a 'feral' state.

Forces: The Zerg forces are entirely biological, and so, you will not find a piece of technology in them. They rely on their superior number, and due to their appearances they can employ horror tactics depending on the enemy race. Seeing a man being gruesomely eaten by a zergling isn't pretty.

The Zerg were discovered by the Mother Brain in their home planet. They were then enslaved, and their numberless troops were forced in countless battlefields, laying waste and devouring any biological being on their wake.

However, the Mother Brain discovered that the Zerg were vulnerable to EMP's, since they disrupt the control of the Broodlord over them, turning them into a 'feral' state.

As being a purely biological race, you may sacrifice your 10 starting energy to gain an additional 20 biomass.
Zerg ships are made of biomass unlike other factions, and do not require energy to launch them.

Zerglings cost 1 biomass each. Hydralisks cost 4 biomass each. Further zerg forms may be unlocked.

So far Triaxa of the Cortovans Eliasdagood Eliasdagood , mausedpotatos mausedpotatos The Lii'dra Greys, The Zerg of Thorn_Reaper Thorn_Reaper , and Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon 's Enlightened. and Spacekitty Spacekitty Necromorphs.

I'll give another day for joins and then begin the game in the game threads. Continue to think about your concepts and I've given everyone I've spoken to choices to make about resources. We will round out everything on the game pages though, so don't be surprised if I still have to give you technology card(s) or anything else needs to be rounded out.

Overlord: The predecessor. The oldest Lii'dra. The predecessor was the Lii'dra that originally came from what planet bore their race. It came into the contact with the Mother Brain and thusly spawned the Lii'dra that came after it. It is in control of the Lii'dra and remains on the hidden station behind the moon.

Relationship to the mother brain: The Lii'dra do not worship the Mother Brain. They venerate the Mother Brain, but hold the Predecessor in higher regards since it is one of their own. They are obedient to a point when it comes to the Mother Brian, but are obedient to a fault when it comes to the Predecessor.

Race: Lii'dra. Read more here: Racial Features: The Lii'dra are a long-lived race that resemble the Grays of Earth legend. Lii'd... - JustPaste.it

What interests you about this RP: Sounds fun. I like the idea of it.

Starting Resources: 30 biomass | 10 resources | 10 energy | 2 fighters | 1 scout
I got +10 to biomass from the GM.

Tech. Card: Carapace Powered Suit.

Overlord: Ta'Itzcoatl, the Blessed One

[IMG='width:234px;']https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/t/583e0d679de4bb595188b5e4/1480461677705/alternate-alien-concept-designs-for-the-fantastic-sci-fi-film-arrival?format=750w[/IMG]

Ta'Itzcoatl, referred to as the Blessed One, is among the few in the First Order who have been "touched" by the Enlightened One. What this means is that he has attained a level of enlightenment and self mastery that near transcend the mortal coil. His spiritual and psionic abilities have evolved to a point where he can delay the need to eat or sleep for weeks and only meditate to maintain his existence. He only has a few steps in his journey to transcend and join the Enlightened One in the Great Ether.

Relationship to the mother brain: The First Order sees the Mother Brain as the harbinger or even an avatar of the Enlightened One. Thus, the First Order generally supports the Mother Brain to the best of their ability to bring enlightenment to the world and to destroy those that refuse to comply.

The First Order is very spiritual/religious and are able to channel spiritual energy with technology to do things that seem magical. For example, summoning a ball of pure spiritual/psionic energy. Regardless, their beliefs are kind of an amalgamation of various tenets that are seen in Islam and Buddhism in the sense that they believe that there is supposed to be balance, peace and faith in the universe, but there isn't... thus they are divinely obligated and bound to bring balance and peace to the world even if its by force and Holy War. Thus, they believe the mother brain is the avatar/champion/harbinger of god that is meant to bring sweeping changes to the universe that will lead to harmony. BUT it is not god.

The First Order consists primarily of the Chosen, the people of the Blessed One. They are a humanoid-esque species with long life spans. However, reproduction is... difficult for the Chosen as purity of the mind, body, and soul are part of the faith of the First Order. They do tend to defer to artificial insemination, but the development period of the Chosen is... long. Thus, the Chosen do use a lot of technology to serve as a "force multiplier". Thus, menial tasks like mining and maintenance are largely done by robotic drones or by newer species that were recently Enlightened and have seen the true way. The physical, repetitive labor is used as a way to teach meditation to new disciples while the Chosen work hard to attain spirituality. More elite and enlightened members of the First Order are rarely asked to act upon the physical world unless the matter at hand is important. Thus, the more serious something is, the more likely a more Enlightened member will be called upon to bring forth the will of the Enlightened One.

Thus, there is a rather clear social status among the First Order with the Chosen being the oldest believers and the most Enlightened, while recent converts of other races/species are tasked with the menial labor so that they may serve and show gratitude for those who have opened their eyes. The more veteran converts are given benefits that fit their general level of Enlightenment which is measured by their mastery over their spiritual and psionic powers.

Image of a Chosen Templar (Upper-Middle Tier in terms of Enlightenment. Kinda low for a Chosen, but high in the Order.)

[IMG='width:280px;']https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/ff/2f/b3ff2f2a4fcdce50b99b3d8fd7500b38.jpg[/IMG]

What interests you about this RP? Why do you want to be a part of it?: It's a Beck RP and I can be the Baddie? Sign me up please! In all seriousness, the sandboxy nature of the RP and the idea of a reserve X-Com is fascinating.

Starting Resources:
Ships:
2 Fighters
Scout ship

Cards:
1. Improved Engines
2. Psi Bolt

Remaining Resources after purchases:
7 Resources
10 Energy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back