• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Invalid Image

Spoiled Bread

The Lord of the Uneaten
Hello, so I wanted to change my avatar picture back to the old one but for some reason this is what happened.
Screenshot_20190812-213310.jpg

Then I noticed that I can't upload image that I get from pinterest too.
Screenshot_20190812-213344.png
It's never happened before. I think its start happening after the last big update.

Last edited:
Can you use either of those images in a post here? Check the Pinterest url to make sure it's an actual image URLand not a page; I've had that problem sometimes where I just copy/pasted and didn't notice at first that it wasn't the actual image URL.

Can you use either of those images in a post here? Check the Pinterest url to make sure it's an actual image URLand not a page; I've had that problem sometimes where I just copy/pasted and didn't notice at first that it wasn't the actual image URL.
Nope, It says invalid image, and I'm not using URL. I downloaded the picture to my phone then upload it from there.

What is the format of the image? Is it something like .jpg-large? Images from Twitter may have that for example. Can you open that image on your phone in the gallery?

What Onmyoji said; also, have you tried using a PC or other device to upload?

It's regular .jpg. I was able to use the image as my avatar when I first join here. I don't have access to PC now, but I tried using desktop version and it still says invalid image.

It's regular .jpg. I was able to use the image as my avatar when I first join here. I don't have access to PC now, but I tried using desktop version and it still says invalid image.
Please try to clear/refresh your browser cache, try again, and if it doesn't work let us know.

I've noticed something in your screenshot. If you look at this gif you'll see a file type at the end.

Yours is just numbers with no file type.

Try saving the image directly with filename.jpg (add in the .jpg) and try uploading. You could also try to upload it somewhere else to test if the file type is invalid.

Try saving the image directly with filename.jpg (add in the .jpg) and try uploading. You could also try to upload it somewhere else to test if the file type is invalid.
Weird thing. After I change the file's name they become valid image.
konayashiConf.jpeg

Weird thing. After I change the file's name they become valid image.
View attachment 614308
Lol, yeah sometimes it's weird like that. I've had to force rename files myself before. Glad it was resolved, though something with the file is off it seems since you have to rename it.

Sometimes computers need to be told something is a .jpg before they know it's one. ^;3^ Glad that fixed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back