Introduction/overview from main page (in preparation for the site move, please don't delete)

RpNation

I didn't want to go swimming anyway, baka!
Administrator
Metahumans, superheroes, supervillains, inhumans - many different words for the same thing. People with abilities that defy natural law. Long have these people been mere rumors, ideas most believe silly fantasy or the hallucinations of the intoxicated. Some people are fanatics, believing that these metahumans exist and that metahumans are gods, or risks to mankind to be hunted, captured, and studied for “greater good”. Now, some of these young metahumans are banding together in a world growing increasingly confusing and hostile, to find ways to protect others - even if it may be from themselves.

Metahumans, superheroes, supervillains, inhumans - many different words for the same thing. People with abilities that defy natural law. Long have these people been mere rumors, ideas most believe silly fantasy or the hallucinations of the intoxicated. Some people are fanatics, believing that these metahumans exist and that metahumans are gods, or risks to mankind to be hunted, captured, and studied for “greater good”. Now, some of these young metahumans are banding together in a world growing increasingly confusing and hostile, to find ways to protect others - even if it may be from themselves.

The old church creaked and groaned in the high winds above the group who were seated around a circular mahogany table. A young woman with wavy dark auburn hair wearing an odd leather and dark silk jacket decided to begin the conversation. Around her neck lay a good number of pendants on varying lengths of chain. Her presence was commanding, yet kind. “As most of you by now know, I’m called Arcana. I understand if you don’t want to say your real names, but we do need to call each other something. Introductions can wait for a moment, though.

We’re all here because, like it or not, we’re all similar: we all have abilities that, by most rights, we shouldn’t. For all I know, we could be the only people in the world like that. However, I highly doubt it. The thing is, we’re all young - many of us are new to our abilities, or forced to figure them out on our own. And if we’re discovered - well, let us not find what could happen to us. I know I would be burned at a stake, or studied like an animal. These abilities of ours have great potential to help people - but also to harm, even if we don’t mean it. Some of you have been running from your abilities, some of you have been hiding them and ignoring them as best as possible, and some of you have been using them as you see fit. These abilities come with burdens, and it’s not fair that those burdens should be dealt with alone or in fear. Not only can we hopefully help each other - but maybe we can extend that reach to help others.”

Her speech done, Azlyn Kearney, known only as Arcana, looked around herself at the gathered youths. It had been difficult tracking them down, and a hefty amount of luck was involved in that. Blackout she had met by carefully examining the odd blackouts around banks and listening to rumors, then showing up in the hallway of the bank he was trying to get into two weeks ago. Zver she had found quite by luck and the help of a police scanner. Wendigo she had found through rumor and police scanner and a bit of scrying spellery. Indigo, well, a rainshower that only fell on the roof of a single building was suspicious and easy to track. Blackout, Wendigo, Indigo, “Zver”, and herself, made a team of five. “I’ll begin the introductions. As I said, I’m Arcana. I’m a mystic and minor healer, and I’ve been training sparsely for ten years in my abilities.”

@Killershard - Nikolai - Zver

@InsanEleven - Rinne - Blackout

@loyalwolf  - Abram - Wendigo

@Dragongal - Azlyn - Arcana

@Leviersa - Rhea - Indigo

Users who are viewing this thread