Introduction/overview from main page (in preparation for the site move, please don't delete)

RpNation

I didn't want to go swimming anyway, baka!
Administrator
As I have yet to see the actual movie, Suicide Squad, this RP will just be based off of the basic concept. The good guys need the bad guys to defeat the bigger badder guy, except in this case, we're in the Marvel Universe. This means the Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., etc., will all be involved, but several years in the future (when the main heroes we know now have grown too old for hero action and are old enough to have kids ranging from the ages 18 - 30. These kids will be our characters, and their alliance will not be based on their parents' alliances (for example, the child of Captain America could be evil somehow). Nick Fury Jr. is now the head of S.H.I.E.L.D., and under his father's guidance, is requesting assistance from the villainous children of the old heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe - the heroic children have all gone missing, and everyone's parents are too old, or their powers have faded too much to be of much use against this new villain. Will they be able to do the job Nick Fury Jr. has given them? 

It has been forty years since the threat of Ultron surfaced and almost destroyed an entire city (not killing our dear Quicksilver in this universe that I just made up).

The world has been relatively calm since then - no special alien attacks, no evil artificial intelligence takeovers, no surprise attacks by Hydra, etc. During this period of serenity, the world's mightiest heroes became the world's most tired parents. While many of them remained single and did not want children, there were more that decided to intermingle and eventually have super powered kids.

These kids grew up with different combinations of powers thanks to their parents, and were incredibly difficult to deal with as children (especially the flying ones...). Each super powered child grew up with varied powers, but altogether they were managed by their heroic or villainous parents - yes, villains had their kids, too, after wanting to take a break from the devious games they played when they were younger.

It has been about 20 years since most of these hero/villain kids were born, more or less, allowing them time to work on mastering their powers as well as choose their alliance. Alliance was not something their parents could truly force upon their child, even though many tried. Still, some children of heroes became villains, while some kids of villains became heroes. For each kid there was a defining moment in their childhood that made them who they are now - evil or good, no in-between alliances.

Of course, anyone who is used to how movies progress and plots develop, nothing is this calm for long, and if it is, then something horrible must be brewing. The children who have chosen to ally themselves with the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. have mysteriously disappeared, leaving only the villainous children and the old heroes and villains behind. Since the parents have retired at this point, Nick Fury Jr. (who is un-kidnap-able) has gathered the villain offspring on neutral ground to make a deal - they could roam free, rather than being jailed by S.H.I.E.L.D., and in return they would have to find out  who kidnapped today's heroes and put a stop to it.

Easy, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back