• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Into the (Zelda) Wild

E-magin

One Who Lurks Between Gaps
I'll be playing as Breath of the Wild Link, but this time, he has an ally, your character. Be they OC or Canon from another series.
I do ask we keep everyone reasonably powerful, so that there's no "We curbstomp Calamity Ganon in one shot because [character/OC] has an overpowered attack/ability/ is just overpowered by default." So characters may be modified if they're just absurdly powerful for the Breath of the Wild world. Adventures aren't fun if you don't have to try after all! I can do most of the narrating/NPC roles, so you will only have to worry about your character and their responses/reaction to the world around them.
This will take place in the Breath of the Wild world, so things like guns won't really be prevalent, and your character will end up there with very little idea of how they got there, and what to do other than "Stop the Calamity", and quickly meet Link.
I can play a completely mute Link if necessary. But by default he will just not talk a lot and will speak in short sentences. I don't usually do romance in the rp's, but if its discussed ahead of time and reasonably paced, I'm fine with it. Link will not initiate anything, as he's very focused on saving the world, so your character would have to initiate possible romance.
We can discuss where Link is in the course of the game (how many beasts he's freed, etc.), how he meets your character, etc. before we start the rp proper.
+Additional stuff+
While I'm happy to rp with anyone, I would certainly prefer these characters, just because they're already from Zelda games.
- Breath of the Wild Zelda: Plotwise, she's able to break herself away from the castle, but she now has no magical abilities, as all her magic is being used to hold Calamity Ganon in the castle. Will result in some of his power leaking out and occasionally causing issues they need to resolve quickly (Random monsters becoming absurdly powerful/gigantic, or him directly taking control of an enemy/guardian and hunting them down).
- Ocarina of Time Zelda/Sheik: She has some combat abilities and it would be fun to have her fight alongside Link.
- Tetra from Wind Waker: Older, or the same as the game, I'm sure she'd enjoy running around the ravaged Hyrule and saving it.
- Sidon from Breath of the Wild: The Zora Prince coming along to help seems like a fun idea.
- A resurrected Champion: Any of the Champions from Breath of the Wild being somehow resurrected (one per rp) and fighting alongside Link seems fun. I have a strong preference towards Urbosa, due to her being a fighter by nature, but the others would be greatly appreciated as well. If we do this one, we will assume Link went to that Champion's Divine Beast first.
- Midna (True form or Imp form): Midna being dragged to the Breath of the Wild timeline) preferably after the events of Twilight Princess so she knows who Link is) seems like a good adventure waiting to happen.
Characters from Hyrule Warriors:
--Linkle: She'd enjoy playing the Hero, as she'd think Link was dead, so she could be the next hero incarnate.
-- Zelda/Sheik: A battle ready Zelda would be fun to fight with. Hyrule Warrior's Zelda/Sheik has plenty of moves to use if you don't feel like making up your own.
--Cia/Lana: Either side of the Sorceress of Time would probably be thrilled to help an amnesiac Link defeat Ganon.
--Impa: A combat ready Impa with her multiple weapons would be fun. and having her meet her smaller, older self could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back