• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Wasteland

1675179873874.png

The Deliverers, Turn 2, Jarro, Old World Remnants, Post Theme
Camael scanned the landscape. More greys, browns, and death. Wonderful... Enlightening. A change of scenery was likely not to be helped. It could be done, but what was the worth of that? But, Camael would silence such thoughts. The raid on the earthlings of Gator town was a massive success with Camael successfully managing the earthlings with no witnesses. Good... Good. They would not need to know. Now this location could be useful, but that was left to be decided... So, it was time to move on. To greener pastures and all.

Cosmo Cosmo

• 1. The Steiff's Rangers will pick off lone Earthlings of one settlement as they can with their range. Using dance and other distractions to lure earthlings away. Camael will use his Hug-A-Porter to teleport onto earthlings and slit their throats with his knife. They will position so that their trap will go off should they be discovered. They will loot the settlement once the earthlings have been defeated. [Pathfinder, Interpretive Dance]

Move: Move 1 to Howl.

2. Explore Howl for natural resources, points of interest, and possible base locations.

Attachments

• 1675126994568.png
    1675126994568.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Journal of Edmund Wright
Entry Two

James is dead. We lost him and two of our squires to abominations of flesh which occupied an old world vault we found. I feel as if I am personally responsible for all these deaths, I was the one who returned power to the vault and unleashed them after all. I now write this entry the evening after our battle with the creatures, the gunshots and cries still echoing in my ears. I have failed the Duchess, she commanded me to secure Amire and I have done the opposite and made it far more dangerous. We have time however, time to secure Amire, search for the giant creature that was unleashed, and to put it down or die trying.

I set of tomorrow with half my men in an effort to bring the settlements here into the fold. I fear that this may go against the wishes of sweet Catherine should they be against the idea, but I must carry on with my true duty. I will have to make it up to her later. As for the other two, as usual Xavier pushes for more resources in the homeland and Tabitha wishes for me to create an army loyal to her, bah. I will appease them for now, but my true plan can still proceed. For now though I must rest, for we leave at dawn and I must still write to James' brother, Kaiden I think his name was, as we as to the two squires families. May the Duchess protect thee.

Action 1 - Contact the settlements of Amire to attempt to bring them into the fold

Action 2 - Attempt to find the raiders who took the missing member's of Tow-Lan's council and bring them back

Last edited:
Adam - Turn 2

"The loss of 009 is a pity and miscalculation, unfortunately leading us to a further loss of 2 units of Scrap. We were mistaken in choosing a partner for our departed agent. It has cost us many resources and a valuable agent." Amon sighed as he looked at 001. "No matter, what has happened has happened and we will adapt our plans based on our current circumstances. 001, I task you in leading Operation Dark Web, it's time for the order to stretch its limbs.

001 nodded and immediately contacted the assets of the order to begin preparations for the operation.

Movement: Arrive in Roggar, and immediately move to Tolius. 20 beggars are left in Roggar, the rest (60) follow to Tolius.

Order 1: Red Queen Operation
Carry out the Red Queen Operation against Rhea's Family

Order 2: Operation Dark Web
It is time for the Hermit Order to expand its influence deeper into the Province of Tolius. Amon, 4 agents, 6 decoders, and 62 beggars will be fully deployed to carry out this operation. Shop owners, businessmen, traders, and other people of value are targeted and blackmailed/recruited to be informants and discreet supporters of the Hermit Order. The order will collect blackmail material with Amon personally acting to blackmail these figures in an effort to gain more resources and intel. Perhaps maybe they could even uncover traitors or information about other factions.

"We need to keep moving. The people here aren't so friendly as the flats." Anaya says, walking some distance in front of the caravan with her companion and a few dogs.

"So... why is this a problem? Anaya, please, I'm hungry." The man nearly whines. She sighs, thinking. "You and I can go see. Rules as usual. If we're attacked, the offenders are food, unless they're mind controlled or otherwise forced."

Her Siren grins widely, kissing her forehead. "So good to me." She rolls her eyes, shoving him lightly. "Stop it."

Actions
Inspect the town with just Anaya and the Siren

Search for any signs of cooperative beasts

Move on to Tolius to deliver package

Cosmo Cosmo

Rohgen

1673970544327-jpeg.1058255

Personality
Intelligent/ Crafty/ Tough

Special Ability
Pulse
When he pulses, he sends out waves of radiation that will harm nearby enemies but heal other radioactive mutants. Rohgen can control when he does this, he can do three 'small' pulses or one 'big' pulse a turn.

Wargear
Grenade Harness
The Grenade Harness is not an armour at all, really, more some he can strap to his chest. The grenade harness will allow Rohgen the ability to use Frag, AT, Incendiary, Smoke or Flash grenades whenever he wishes, in addition, he can pull the 'tag' on it to pull all the grenades on it and use it as one big, nasty bomb. Doing so will destroy the harness.

Shield Belt
An ADVANCED tech. This belt enables the user to put up an energy shield that will absorb incoming ranged weaponry. It is not capable of stopping slower moving objects, so will not stop melee weaponry from hitting out or in. When the shield belt is up, it 'will' stop ranged weaponry fired by the wearer as well. Particularly powerful weaponry can punch through the shield and still be lethal, enough 'damage' will cause the belt to overload and become unusable [for the rest of the event]

Weapons
Assault Rifle
Large scythe coated in his blood [Poisonous]

Pistol

Band Name
X-Raiders

Band Type
Raiders

Movement Speed

Perks
Mutant (Radioactive)/ Terrifying

Skills
Skullduggery/ Ambusher/ Intimidation/ Endurance

Manpower
35 Rattlers
Rattlers wear the bones of their victims and let them dangle off of them making a distinct 'rattling' sound when they approach, very effective when coupled with their image of glowing green bones at night. Rattlers love to get close and unleash devastating volleys from their double barrel shotguns and may fire [Both Barrels] for maximum devastation at the price of not being able to fire the next combat round. Along with this shotgun, they use bone clubs... best not to inquire where they got those..
30 Twice Dead
The Twice Dead are X-Raiders that have fallen in battle but, somehow, either through their mutation or Rohgen's powers, have risen to fight again. They are exceptionally [Tough], they have been in more then their fair share of scraps and can always be relied upon to finish a fight. The Twice Dead are a solid 'core' to any fighting force and are armed with rifles [Not Assault] and sickles coated in their blood [Poisonous]. You may either give them light scrap armor or keep them 'naked' [for the bonus fear in the dark]. You can decide if they are wearing armor or not before deployment.
5 Glowing Ones
Glowing Ones are unique X-Raiders that constantly produce a buzz of radioactivity. This will passively damage living units in range, every turn, but also provide light healing to allies. This ability is a 'lite' version of Rohgens however theirs is always on and cannot be turned off. When a Glowing One dies, it explodes sending vicera and bones flying about at incredible speeds which can prove lethal to everyone around. Glowing Ones are armed with assault rifles and sickles [Poisonous]

End Goal
Reach, secure and rule the Deadlands

Infamy
Whispered (+)

Spoils
11 Scrap Units
2 Components
4 Units of Moonshine [Luxury good, can trade or consume yourself for morale boost]
A Unit of Gemstones.
A Ripper Glaive
A crate of Pistols [Can be consumed to give a unit pistols or sold. Pistols can be used in the off-hand for melee fighters]
A crate of Rifles [Can be consumed to give a unit rifles or sold]
A crate of Grenades [Can be consumed to give a unit HE Grenades or sold]

2 Cases of Penetrator Rounds, before an event, you may 'consume' a case to give a unit Penetrator Rounds for it. [Penetrator Rounds do as they are advised, tear through all but the heaviest of armors and can even punch through light cover and still be lethal to whomever is behind it. ]
A Mortar:
(4 'Phospherous' Mortar shells [Explode into clouds of white phospherous] )
2 Units of Precious Metals [Gold/Silver]

-------------

Turn 2

Roggar

Rohgen scoured the ground for another footprint, hoping to continue across his quarry's trail. With his scythe in hand he cut down a thick patch of long grass, the remnants wilting as his sickly blood ran down their stems. As the ground began to blacken, Rohgen caught sight of another print, the massive indentation hard to miss with it's grassy cover gone. A few inches in depth and almost a foot in length, there was no doubt this was the beast from before. The creature that had killed his slaves.

While the X-Raiders were gradually cultivating the myth that the undead now roamed Roggar, rising from their graves to strike back at the living, such thoughts were only a whisper among the Wastelands but this was not enough for Rohgen. He wanted it to be screamed at the top of every Scav's lungs, for every settlement to cower behind their walls as they waited for the lingering death only to flee in abject terror as their glowing bones crested the hills or lurked behind the trees. He wanted to forge a legend.

Though the rewards had proven great so far, no amount of gold, silver or precious gems could sate this demented drive. It was because of this he found himself wandering the Wastelands in search of the beast that had devoured his slaves. Large enough to rock the earth with every step, the beast had awakened something primordial within his broken captives. Despite their addled minds, they knew this creature was something truly terrifying, their screams as they were eaten, even now a delightful symphony for Rohgen. This was the kind of thing the X-Raiders could use to build their insidious image and push it to greater heights.

If they played this smart that is. But that's why Rohgen was in charge after all....

Back at the site of the second ambush, his men were already putting his plan into motion, the clang of bone on metal as they crafted terrible traps from scrap and the soft, wet thud of the growing pile of bodies for the next step, a queer concerto as he left. All they needed now was to track the beast so the ball could truly get rolling...

-------------

Actions
1. Craft portable traps with Scrap (Intelligent/Crafty Keywords used) (Skulduggery/ Ambusher/ Intimidation Skills used)
2. The X-Raiders will attempt to track the creature, heard at the second ambush, route through the wasteland. Process will be done at day time as the beast seems to be nocturnal in nature, as well as allowing it's heavy set footprints to be easily seen and followed. (Intelligent/Crafty Keywords used) (Skulduggery/ Endurance Skills used)

Last edited:
Turn 2 Processing
New America [ Trektek Trektek ] /The Duchess's Legion [ Dest Dest ]

Both actions being resolved in Discord.

[A nothing burger update, I know, but it is so I can mark you two off as 'processed']​

Hermit Order
Turn 2
Kent Kent

The Arena hadn't quite gone as Adam had desired, and Ricter had proven to be a useless blowhard but that was still a waste of precious resources they'd not get back and the loss of agent 'Alexander' stung. It wasn't a total waste as Rhea could prove useful if she could be controlled, but she wanted her 'family' dead, and if they were all as strong as her and Mother Townsend, that could prove problematic, but there was nothing a knife in the dark, a few well placed bribes and releasing an insane woman with a giant chainsaw sword could not accomplish.. [Red Queen Operation: Family Matters] to be completed in Discord.

So far, Adam and the Hermit Order has managed to piece together that 'Rango', the name of the slave that started the rebellion is fake and their real name is Markus Reinhardt, a former Steel Legion Colonel and that both the Tithe and Steel Legion are funneling the rebels weapons to weaken the control of the Red Queen.

Information Learned
Markus has a.. Well, it is hard to say what they are, daughter? Girlfriend? Perhaps its best not to ask? Named Carla Reinhardt who is currently living with him. A weakpoint if you can get close enough to use it.

The Red Queens son, Rieger, is in love with a slave girl who works in the arena, and that is the reason he is constantly fighting in the arena. Their forbidden love is kept a secret from most people but not from Adam.

The large battle is to begin in a few weeks [Next Turn] and is likely to be a very bloody affair that isn't likely to reach a conclusive end. There is to be a large 'Fire Sell' of slaves coming soon that Adam could attempt to get in on to gain more 'beggars' or even just workers.. or even play the 'Slave Market', buying slaves for cheap and selling high later in some warped perversion of the Old World 'Stock' Market.

Blackmail Schemes
Gain 7 Scrap

Three scrap were gained from Mr. Bistro's Fine Meats when your decoders uncovered that the 'cheap' cuts of meat are actually.. uh.. long pig. Mr. Bistro has paid Adam for his silence on the matter.

One Scrap was gained from Mrs. Rogers, a guard in the palace who was found sleeping with her co-worker.

Three scrap was gained from the Captain of the Eastern Watch who, Adam discovered, was taking bribes to allow shipments of weapons through to the rebels. It is extremely unlikely the Captain knew what exactly was being shipped and was just interested in the scrap.

Potential Allies
Slavemistress Risa Montoya
Slavemistress Montoya has had numerous slave shipments hit by the rebels and is seeking any information on their location so she can extract vengeance, put an end to their raids and, more then likely, capture many of them to replenish her slave stock. Montoya is a member of the Red Court and winning her favor could be useful. All it would take is giving out the information on Kenji Tanada, and she would handle the rest. In addition to her favor, helping her would gain you access to your choice of Scrap, Slaves or Slave Soldiers.

Kenji Tanada
Tanada is a rebel who rose up against the raiders and teamed up with 'Rango' after his wife and daughter were taken from him. His wife was later executed after it was discovered that Tanada had joined the rebels, but he still seeks his daughter. Your agents have managed to find what slaver holds his daughter, and it would be a simple matter to 'recover' her and return her to Tanada. Doing so would gain Adam a strong ally within the rebel forces, in addition to his favor, helping him would gain you access to your choice of Scrap, a Weapons Crate or Freedom Fighters.

Unique Rewards [119]
[You may only pick one]

1. The Fighting Pits is willing to sell Adam a powerful 'monster' they've discovered from a raid to the north in return for dirt on the Rebellion so they can tell the Queen and earn some brownie points for the next 'big fight'.

2. An odd man in a trench coat is willing to give Adam some unique Utility Items in return for a favor at a future point. [IF chosen, you can ask for a list of four and pick two of those or design two of your own.. within reason]

3. An smith, very impressed by Rhea's arena win, is willing to either make her a custom suit of armor or make Adam a custom weapon. You must pick one or the other.​

Turn 2 - The Last Amazonians
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, mutants and irradiated creatures of all ages, welcome to the post-apocalyptic wasteland's hottest radio station - "Wasteland Wonders"! I'm your host, the man with the plan, the one and only DJ Teddy, and I'm here to bring you the latest news, gossip, and mutant sightings from across the irradiated plains. Let me tell you, folks, it's been a rough day out here in the wasteland. I woke up this morning and my Geiger counter was screaming louder than a two-headed bull with its tail on fire! But hey, that's just another day in paradise, am I right?

Now, for those of you new to our fair wasteland, let me give you a quick rundown of what you're in for. The air is thick with radiation, the water is about as safe to drink as a bottle of molten lava, and the food? Well, let's just say that canned beans are the new caviar. But fear not, my fellow wastelanders, because we're here to bring a little bit of sunshine into your day. Today, we've got a special treat for all you music lovers out there. That's right, we're debuting a brand new song by the one and only Post-Apocalyptic Pop Sensation, Fallout Boy!

And let me tell you, folks, this song is hot. It's got a catchy tune, a killer guitar solo, and lyrics that'll make you want to grab your trusty shotgun and head out into the wasteland in search of adventure. So crank up those radios, folks, and get ready to rock out with your radiation suit out! And speaking of adventure, we've got a special guest on the show today. He's a wasteland wanderer, a mutant hunter, and a guy who's not afraid to take on the toughest challenges the irradiated wasteland can throw at him. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for our guest, the one and only... Bob!

Uh, hey there, DJ Teddy. Thanks for having me on the show.

Hey there, Bob. So, tell us, what's been going on out there in the wasteland?

Well, I've been on the hunt for a giant, mutated mole rat that's been terrorizing the locals.

A giant, mutated mole rat? Sounds like my ex-wife!

(laughs) Yeah, it's a tough one to take down, but I'm up for the challenge.

Well, good luck with that, Bob. And speaking of challenges, it's time for our daily trivia question! Today's question is: What's the best way to deal with a group of raiders armed with flamethrowers and a bad attitude?

Uh, run away?

Close, but no cigar, Bob! The correct answer is: A) Attack them head-on with a homemade explosive, B) Use your mutant powers to turn them into ash, or C) Bribe them with a can of pork and beans.

Well, I'll keep that in mind.

And that's all the time we have for today, folks. Remember, stay safe out there in the wasteland, and don't forget to tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Wasteland Wonders"! This is DJ Teddy, signing off."

Theo turned off the mic as the sound of the old APC rattling down the wasteland filled the cabin. The convoy thrived off of a bit of dark humor. There wasn't much out there that could keep folks sane after all. It wasn't unusual to hear a little impromptu radio chatter as the convoy hauled itself down the barren wastelands. Especially now with the APC serving as a communications and command vehicle, everyone in the convoy could get a clear signal and hear each other with little issue. The current plan was to return back to the Flatlands and find another job in Vicksburg. However, with their new equipment... Theo couldn't help but wonder what it was capable of... and what else in the wastelands might be broadcasting something. The APC held some serious equipment. Perhaps, they could tune in to other folk's unsecured broadcasts? Theo turned on the bead and began to navigate through the open channels to see if he could pick up on any interesting transmissions in the air.

---

Summary:

1. Theo listens in to the open air radio channels to see if he can pick up on any interesting broadcasts via the APC's powerful communications equipment.

2. Assuming nothing interesting catches his attention on the radio, the convoy proceeds to return to Vicksburg and explore the city once more to find any opportunities.

The Deliverers
Turn 2

Auriel Maza Auriel Maza

The Earthling settlement of 'Gator Town' had been handled superbly. They managed to scavenge it for supplies, with the rather primitive, but ingenious, water filtration unit being of particular interest as purified water not only kept their spirits up but was no doubt very valuable to the Earthlings if they ever decided to attempt trade or contact. But then again, these creatures were violent and rash, so that could prove dangerous. It was, perhaps, regrettable they didn't get to see what chaos they caused in 'Jarro' especially with that big Gatorboy, or what kind of 'game' they were playing, but their goal would not wait for such frivolous use of their time.

The Deliverers continued east, towards the mountains until they came to the region the earthlings called 'Howl', although why they called it that was beyond Camael. As far as any of them noticed, there had not been any howling, perhaps it was because of how the wind could 'howl' as it came down the mountains? Possibly, Earthlings were dreadfully unimaginative with their naming schemes. Howl was much like the edges of Jarro, large, flat and empty, however the further east one went, the more rugged it became before hitting the base of the mountains. A single, massive mountain dominated the horizon.. Camael wasn't sure why, but it did seem a bit ominous.

Movement Crit - Discovery

On their way, they stumbled upon the scene of a fight.. Some ambush had clearly happened here, but they did not see any bodies. What was strange was that the belongs of the ambushed were left behind. Who ambushes someone and leaves behind their gear but takes the bodies?

Delievers gain 1 Scrap, 2 Units of Dried Herbal Remedies, 1 Unit of Hash.

[Settlement Looted]

Handled in Discord

Howl Scouting

Camael and Steiff's Rangers scouted part of Howl. As they did not speak to any local residents of Jarro, they did not quite know what to expect... Howl was filled with wildlife, they found numerous roving packs of mutated canines that had long, needle like spines on their back but none of them got close enough to see what they did with them.. [Discovered Razorpacks] along with massive mutated rabbits that moved in truly massive herds so large it was like the ground was moving. They seemed to be preyed upon by the Razorpacks, but their numbers kept growing and growing... How did they manage to keep themselves fed? [Discovered Thumpers]. They discovered tracks of much larger beast, but as of yet, no one had seen them.

There was no sign of settlements, although given the sheer abundance of aggressive wildlife, that did make sense. There were plenty of places near the great mountain that would make ideal fort locations as they gave clear line of sight on the nearby areas, but they would be exposed to the mercies of the beast.. If they had time, they could attempt to dig but that could take some time.

From a distance, the Rangers saw figures, humanoid figures, moving but they were never able to get close enough to positively identify them. Someone, or something, had made Howl its home. But who were they?

While searching Howl, Camael managed to find:
Granite, Molybdenum, Zinc and Iron...

.. However, while they were searching, they found a cave that went deep into the great mountain, and from the distance, a ranger spotted something that glimmered in the dark..

Gold.

The ranger did not enter the cave, so it is impossible to say how much gold is in the vein, and, of course, if the cave is even safe to enter..

Anaya
Turn 2

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The journey to Roggar had been uneventful, rumors were abound of how dangerous the region was, but then again, most of the wasteland was dangerous and few knew the land better then children of the land like Anaya and her people. They weren't going to stumble into the town said to be full of crazy cultist at least! Although they may have to stop somewhere as the siren's hunger was only going to grow [Hunger Level 1]. They still had plenty of time before the hunger grew too much and he risked becoming a widow [Every other turn, his hunger will increase by 1 if he has not fed. If it reaches level 3, he will become a Widow. When he feeds on someone, hunger level will reduce by 1 to a minimum of 0.]

So far, they have managed to keep people away from the Deathleaper eggs, which was good, as there was still no way to control whom they leapt on and impregnated, much less, a way to control the killing machine that emerged. They were a dangerous creature, but one that could prove to be the saving grace of their tribe should the worse occur.. Still, there were times where the warriors and hunters would talk of them. These creatures were incredibly lethal, and once they're child had 'emerged' from their host, they were an immense threat, a perfect predator.. So why then wasn't the wasteland full of them? Was there something odd about the steel tunnels in which Anaya discovered them? They were traveling the wasteland with precious cargo, cargo that could rupture and unleash creatures into the wasteland that could change it forever if they were not always careful. It was a somber thought.

Inspect The Whispering Town

Anaya and the Siren inspect The Whispering Town from a distance.. Thanks to their natural skill at blending in with environment, they were reasonably certain the people within the town had not spotted them which was impressive considering how on guard they were. A large fortress was slowly being constructed, people in similar garb going back and forth. It was an odd sight to be sure, but both Anaya and the Siren.. felt something. Siren felt the presence of an immensely powerful psionic being, much stronger then he, and reflexively hid his own to stay hidden from the being. [Discovered Strong Psionic {Ezrin Thorne}]. The Siren is certain he managed to hide his presence before the great mind found his {Low Ezrin Roll}. Siren also knows that the people they are looking at are not 'alive'. He can feel no 'souls' to quench his hunger. They are simple empty vessels, so much like the ones he leaves behind after he feeds. It was disappointing.

Anaya can feel the ghost of the town. Whispering of an ancient horror, an otherworldly creature that had made this their domain.. The souls were finally free to depart and, even now, Anaya can feel them passing on. They whispered of beings that had come and thrown down the beast.. But if Anaya wanted to truly learn their secrets, she would need to hold a ceremony to commune with them [Spirit Speaker].

Search Roggar for beast

Anaya and her tribe search the wilds of Roggar looking for new animal friends.. they discover two that they could try to befriend now these being:

Lurkers
Lurkers are odd hairless mole like creatures that live in large burrows underground. While they aren't not great fighters, they are very good at digging and have a curious habit of 'stockpiling' shinny metals they gather. If lurkers could be tamed and brought into the tribe, they could be used to passively gather valuable metals and trinkets that could be then sold for a profit.

Mud Vipers
These insectoid creatures live in large mud and water pits where they lurk below the surface waiting for prey to come by. Once the prey comes within range, their large tail emerges from the water and lashes out faster then most creatures can hope to react. Their pinchers are capable of tearing straight through flesh, clamping down and injecting venom into their prey. Once the prey has been wrestled to the ground and is paralized from the venom, the 'Viper' emergies. While it is called a viper, it is much closer to a scorpion then a snake. It has two large claws and two smaller claws near its mouth that it uses to tear pieces off of prey to shove into its mouth. Mud Vipers are very dangerous ambush predators and while difficult to tame, are very powerful fighters and can possibly provide venom if someone is brave, or foolish, enough to try to milk them...

Beast of Roggar
.. Along with these two creatures, massive tracks are found that lead to a cave surrounded by the bones of the fallen. A true King of the Beast lay within. Anaya could feel it in her bones. The true lord of Roggar lay within, and it was a force onto itself. Could she befriend it or would it attempt to devour her and her tribe? If it did, could she hope to stop it? Whateven was it?

You Must Decide: You can either attempt to tame Lurkers and Mud Vipers [if you focus on just one of those two, you will get a bonus to how many you gain] OR you may attempt to go for the Beast of Roggar [Discord Event].

Movement to Tolius

[Paused until after you settle your second action! Can proceed to Tolius if you survive 😈]

Just as in the flats, Anaya searched Roggar for plant life.. [You may pick 2]
Ironbarbs
Yi-Mo
Yaohi
Tallo
Azure Crest
Weeping Mire
Carmile
Ruby Rose
Ugur
Be'gir

Last edited:
X-Raiders
Turn 1

Twist Twist

The scout to the great beast's lair had gone well, and as an apex predator of the waste, Rohgen recognized another. The beast was mighty, and although Rohgen had not seen it yet, he had gained something. An egg. The egg of the Beast of Roggar. It would likely realize that egg had been taken, and it was hard to imagine what its reaction would be, but it was doubtful it would be 'pleasant'. Still, with the egg, the possibility of having their own, of raising and grooming a beast so terrifying it could bring lost souls back from the brink was tantalizing.. What kind of creature was it? A great serpent? Some twisted bird of prey? Perhaps something else entirely? Oh, what wonders could be contained in that small shell, but another voice called to Rohgen to eat it... To eat the child of one of the greatest predators of the waste, to show his power over the land.. What would happen if he devoured it?

[Beast of Roggar Egg. Every turn I will roll to see if it hatches. You may use it for whatever you wish, including consuming it, until it hatches. You may be able to get it to hatch faster if you can keep it warm.]

But there was another issue. Their ambushes had been spectacular so far. They had gained much, killed many, but there was so much more potential to be had. Human leather, discovered in the beast's lair, could be used for many things.. Clothing and armor or even banners, banners of stretched flesh to mark their coming, oh yes, what terror and wonders they could inflict on the living.. And traps. The X-Raiders had to stay mobile, they couldn't afford to sit in one place and build up any permanent defenses, but what about mobile traps? Things they could place down when they were on the move to keep their camp secure? Things to help make their ambushes even more deadly and effective?

The X-Raiders put their heads together and thought..

Decision Point(s) [Rolled dirty 20]
These are not either or. You can take any of these or none of these.
[Note a unit may only carry 1 trap item each]

1. You may create Trip Wires using your crate of grenades. When someone trips them, grenade pins will be pulled or grenades will be dropped [depending on the situation in question] giving them a nasty surprise. Very effective when light is in slow supply or the prey is in a hurry. Very ineffective against animals. If you consume your crate of grenades for this, it will be gone however you will gain Trip Wire: Grenades you can give to any one unit instead. Each battle you may decide to use them as traps or as normal grenades.

2. For 2 Scrap Units, you can give a unit Bear Traps. Bear Traps are large metallic circular devices that 'clamp' shut on anything that steps on them. While debilitating they are very rarely lethal. These traps are effective against animals but almost worthless against robots and other mechanical foes. [You can make as many bear traps as you want with this action, but 2 scrap per bear trap].

3. For a Component and a Unit of Moonshine, you can create Incendiary Mines. Incendiary Mines are buried and when stepped on explode in a torrent of fire. This fire is very deadly and will 'stick' to many targets making them burn longer. Very effect against organics and scaring wild life. Ineffective against mechanical beings.

Last Amazonians
Turn 2

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon

The job had been weird. Not only had they gotten closer to the Abyss then any sane person wanted, but the cloaked weirdos had somehow stuck a massive monster in there. How had they fit it in there was beyond Theo especially with how it had seemed to walk out. It simply did not make logical sense. At least the beast had headed towards the Abyss and not towards the Amazonians, would have been a mess of a fight and hardly worth the effort even if they had brought it low. More annoying was how tight lipped the cloaked people had been.. What were they doing down in the Abyss? Why had they wanted that monster brought here? What was with those dumb letters on their shirts, every one had Es or Ps or Ts or As.. Well, perhaps it was better that he didn't know. The wasteland was a weird, violent place and it wasn't like knowing what particular brand of crazy someone had would make them more money or refurbish their vehicles. Still, it was hard not to think about the fact that there were people living in the Abyss.. Or had they simply walked in there and been devoured? They did seem pretty foolish with dumb plans and ideas.

But a job was a job, and Amazonians had completed it.

Reputation Gained: New Level - Steady.
[As you gain reputation, people will begin to trust you more. You may get access to better paying, and harder, jobs or people may even come to find you with work.]

The armored box had quite the powerful communications equipment, and there was only one way to really test it.. to scan the channels for anything interesting which was less of an experiment and more bored fiddling with the controls but it still counted!

Radio Signals
Outside of a slew of small, random, channels some being local DJs others being prerecordings from before the war that were set on loop, the Last Amazonians managed to pick up:

A radio broadcast from Rustle in Jarro is currently talking about 'the game', whatever that is, that is going on right now. Apparently someone called 'Gatorboy' is killing them out on the field having earned 9 sacks and killed three throwers. The broadcasters are talking about Rustle needing to hire a replacement team to play their next game for them while their ravaged members recover... If Theo is willing to try his hand at 'the game', this could be a way to earn some profit and fame, but it sounds dangerous.

"Hello there! I sure hope someone is listening, ya see, me and the family are looking to set up a homestead out in the Sparse, but dang drivers we hired ditches us out here in the Abyss, now, I'm seen some action a time or two, and I can handle myself, but my wife and young'uns aren't ready for this sort of action. I'd be greatly obliged if anyone would give me a lift.. Awful long way to walk. Now, if you're raiders and are keen on my families supplies, know that I am a crack shot with this here rifle and you'd best be thinking twice."

[Possible job to bring someone from Abyss to The Sparse]

There was an odd channel that was nothing but short beeps and long beeps. It was an endless cycle. Over and over. Same amount of them. Over and over again. It was odd, but probably just interference or a transmitter left on somewhere, but then Theo thought about it. The repeating beeps seemed familiar, as he dwelled on it, it hit him. Morse Code. He had read about it once and after digging in his bag, he managed to uncover the old, beaten pamphlet with the information [Bookworm]... When he translated it, the recording said:

Help Us. Help Us. They Are Coming. Please. Help. Us... Before repeating.

Along with the phrase, a set of coordinates that led to the region known as 'The Rock'.

Action 2
Held. Let me know if you wish to return to Vicksburg or follow a Radio signal

It's an odd feeling, to mourn someone you've never met, never even intended to. Who might not ever have existed, depending on definition. But that egg, that child, was everything to their new friend, who lumbers along with the rest of the caravan, making the rest of them look as pigeons or small rodents in comparison to her greatness. And so Anaya mourns with her on the journey to Tolius. She can only pray they find who took it before great harm can be done.

She sighs, the caravan setting up some ways away from the settlement. She doesn't dare bring them too close in force, it could be seen as a threat. She approaches their new friend, laying a hand on her side gently. "Stay here, Elder. Please. Humans can be dangerous in hives of this size, and you need to rest and recover. I'll be back soon, spirits willing."

Actions
Daniel will sneak into Tolius in another form to eat his fill of slavers
Create as much Giggle Juice as they can with one action

Cosmo Cosmo

Last edited:
Brainstorm

1677642408654.png

Turn 3

1677642316258.png

Word had arrived of the unfortunate downfall of one, Uncle Ben. Though he was clearly a brilliant businessman as evidenced by him building such a successful structure and accompanying horde of treasure that was bought and sold throughout the wasteland, it was his own hubris that did him in.
Had he merely pledged alliance to New America, he might very well still be here and not eliminated at the hands of the very people that he had exploited combined with those diabolical Knights of the Karmine. Though they were temporary allies, it seemed that something would have to be done about them sooner rather than later as their very actions are an anthesis to everything that New America is attempting to accomplish.
We wish to rebuild America, but they wish to bring forth a New Empire, one based on ancient and unwieldy customs, for shame.
Once the Karmine were dealt with, those of the so called "Heroes Rest" would have to be educated in their folly. Especially since they had so rudely rejected an offer for work and education in the American style. Something that was the right of ALL Americans.
For now, Brainstorm would have to turn his attention to the Bandits within this region of Amire. Perhaps some could be reasoned with and brought into the civilized ways of his people.

A New and Fresh Start was the way of America. Perhaps he could convince them. Or failing that, perhaps he could still use the situation to his advantage. Brainstorm would run some calculations on the matter.

----------------------------------
The Oil Bunnies, could they be reasoned with? Or will they just turn out to be another group of wild ruffians that must be eliminated to make these lands safe again for Americans? A message is sent to them:

Oil Bunnies, the Forces of New America wish to parlay with you. We believe that we have a way that you can become far more profitable and wealthy for far less work and danger than you usually have to deal with in this wasteland. A preview of things to come if you accept our offer of gainful employment can result in upgraded vehicles and safer living arrangements, among other things. We look forward to hearing good things.

Free Action: Contact The Oil Bunnies (See Above)

Action 1: Build a large amount of Light Frame Industrial Robots as well as An Advanced Bot capable of Hacking using Brainstorm, Crab Bots and The Factory

Action 2: Reinforce Amire group with Brainstorm's actual form and Group of Light Frame Industrial Bots​

Rohgen

1673970544327-jpeg.1058255

Personality
Intelligent/ Crafty/ Tough

Special Ability
Pulse
When he pulses, he sends out waves of radiation that will harm nearby enemies but heal other radioactive mutants. Rohgen can control when he does this, he can do three 'small' pulses or one 'big' pulse a turn.

Wargear
Grenade Harness
The Grenade Harness is not an armour at all, really, more some he can strap to his chest. The grenade harness will allow Rohgen the ability to use Frag, AT, Incendiary, Smoke or Flash grenades whenever he wishes, in addition, he can pull the 'tag' on it to pull all the grenades on it and use it as one big, nasty bomb. Doing so will destroy the harness.

Shield Belt
An ADVANCED tech. This belt enables the user to put up an energy shield that will absorb incoming ranged weaponry. It is not capable of stopping slower moving objects, so will not stop melee weaponry from hitting out or in. When the shield belt is up, it 'will' stop ranged weaponry fired by the wearer as well. Particularly powerful weaponry can punch through the shield and still be lethal, enough 'damage' will cause the belt to overload and become unusable [for the rest of the event]

Weapons
Assault Rifle
Large scythe coated in his blood [Poisonous]

Pistol

Band Name
X-Raiders

Band Type
Raiders

Movement Speed

Perks
Mutant (Radioactive)/ Terrifying

Skills
Skullduggery/ Ambusher/ Intimidation/ Endurance

Manpower
35 Rattlers
Rattlers wear the bones of their victims and let them dangle off of them making a distinct 'rattling' sound when they approach, very effective when coupled with their image of glowing green bones at night. Rattlers love to get close and unleash devastating volleys from their double barrel shotguns and may fire [Both Barrels] for maximum devastation at the price of not being able to fire the next combat round. Along with this shotgun, they use bone clubs... best not to inquire where they got those..
30 Twice Dead
The Twice Dead are X-Raiders that have fallen in battle but, somehow, either through their mutation or Rohgen's powers, have risen to fight again. They are exceptionally [Tough], they have been in more then their fair share of scraps and can always be relied upon to finish a fight. The Twice Dead are a solid 'core' to any fighting force and are armed with rifles [Not Assault] and sickles coated in their blood [Poisonous]. You may either give them light scrap armor or keep them 'naked' [for the bonus fear in the dark]. You can decide if they are wearing armor or not before deployment.
5 Glowing Ones
Glowing Ones are unique X-Raiders that constantly produce a buzz of radioactivity. This will passively damage living units in range, every turn, but also provide light healing to allies. This ability is a 'lite' version of Rohgens however theirs is always on and cannot be turned off. When a Glowing One dies, it explodes sending vicera and bones flying about at incredible speeds which can prove lethal to everyone around. Glowing Ones are armed with assault rifles and sickles [Poisonous]

End Goal
Reach, secure and rule the Deadlands

Infamy
Whispered (+)

Armaments
A Ripper Glaive
A crate of Pistols [Can be consumed to give a unit pistols or sold. Pistols can be used in the off-hand for melee fighters]
A crate of Rifles [Can be consumed to give a unit rifles or sold]
Grenades
2 Cases of Penetrator Rounds, before an event, you may 'consume' a case to give a unit Penetrator Rounds for it. [Penetrator Rounds do as they are advised, tear through all but the heaviest of armors and can even punch through light cover and still be lethal to whomever is behind it. ]
A Mortar
4 'Phosphorous' Mortar shells [Explode into clouds of white phosphorous]
1 Unit of Trip Wires
When someone trips them, grenade pins will be pulled or grenades will be dropped [depending on the situation in question] giving them a nasty surprise. Very effective when light is in slow supply or the prey is in a hurry. Very ineffective against animals. If you consume your crate of grenades for this, it will be gone however you will gain Trip Wire: Grenades you can give to any one unit instead. Each battle you may decide to use them as traps or as normal grenades.
1 Unit of Bear Traps
Bear Traps are large metallic circular devices that 'clamp' shut on anything that steps on them. While debilitating they are very rarely lethal. These traps are effective against animals but almost worthless against robots and other mechanical foes.
1 Unit of Caltrops

Spoils
9 Scrap Units
2 Components
4 Units of Moonshine [Luxury good, can trade or consume yourself for morale boost]
A Unit of Gemstones.
2 Units of Precious Metals [Gold/Silver]
1 Unit of Human 'Leather'
1 Unit of Monster Bones
4 Units of Beast of Roggar Feces [Although what use you could have for that is questionable. But who knows what properties it has?]
A broken tablet that is still 'on' and flickering, but it is nearly impossible to read through the cracks.
Beast of Roggar Egg. Every turn a roll will be made to see if it hatches. You may use it for whatever you wish, including consuming it, until it hatches. You may be able to get it to hatch faster if you can keep it warm.

-------------

Turn 3

Roggar

Rohgen's black heart clashed with his twisted mind about what to do.

One more big score, that's all he wanted, then they could move on. That was the original plan after all. His face twisted into an insidious smile, as he thought about it. Step by step, he reviewed his plan, his smile growing bigger and bigger at each mental stage. With the location of the Beast's lair memorised, a small group of X-Raiders would surround the cavern with the corpses of their past ambushes when it was 'out'. Of course, Rohgen could not be certain, his eyes quickly glancing at the Egg, in a vain attempt to determine what the thing could look like. If Rohgen knew that he could better prepare but the area around the lair had been an open plain robbing him of the chance to safely scout it out further. But the Beast seemed to be nocturnal in nature, and if the band arrived at a similar time as his own foray last time, chances could be good.

Either way the bodies would be placed a good distance away as to not attract the Beast to quickly. From there a tasty trail of the delectable deceased would be made, luring the thing towards a settlement. A settlement the other half of his men would have already scouted out days before. Hiding from sight with the rest of his men, Rohgen planned, come nightfall, the Beast to have taken up the trail and soon all hell would break loose. Hollering and cheering on top of an imagined hillside, mortar firing raining down on the scared settlers as the X-Raiders glowing skeletons charged into the fray, backing up the Beast and claiming it as one of their own, Rohgen knew that night would be something special. Something remembered for all time.

His heart bashed against his chest in excited expectation, as if demanding it to be done but Rohgen remained in his head ignoring the feeling and his own growing sweat. Like his men, he was an addict, but while they were addicted to him and his power, he craved the fear of others.

So enthralling was this dreamed prospect, Rohgen couldn't help but shudder but did he need to do it now?

Within the creatures lair, Rohgen had been struck by an epiphany. After all he had the Egg of the very Beast he aimed to weaponize, nestled warmly amongst the steadily depleting pile of bodies. Once it hatched, he would have a permanent weapon at his beck and call, ready to enact his twisted plan again and again, rather than the one shot wonder of it's parent. And littered around it's nest, lay bone and flesh of both man and beast. In his search, his eyes had been opened to new possibilities, one's so blatant it bordered on infuriating.

There's was a shlick and splat from nearby, a splatter of blood landing on his trouser as another lump of flesh was scraped from a corpse. Shifting his gaze, Rohgen looked at the 'Leather', the material doing the same in kind as the Twice Dead wrung it in the air. How obvious the opportunity was now that it was staring him in the face.

And so now the X-Raiders used 'Leather' alongside their Scrap as they fashioned themselves new armour, while Rohgen deliberated.
The poisonous lifeblood inside him pumped vigorously as the promethean lightning in his brain worked overtime on what to do. His trip to the cave had given him much to think about. Pulling himself up off the ground Rohgen headed towards the mound of bodies, shoving his hand into the mess of flesh as he scooped out the Egg.

Holding it in front of him, Rohgen felt something growing inside him towards the Egg. Something unnatural. His thoughts turned outwards for a moment, as he thought about the Beast, not as a monster but as a mother. A mother scared for it's young. An apex predator brought to it's knees by his actions, endlessly searching for her lost baby.

Rohgen's mind clicked, his decision made.

"We leave tomorrow!" he shouted at his fellow Raiders

Running his tongue over his teeth, he stared intently at the Egg.

"Don't tell your mother but you and me are going on a trip."

-------------

Actions
1. Craft armour with Scrap/ 'Leather'. Bodies from the last ambush will also be used if in good enough condition.. (Intelligent/Crafty Keywords used) (Skulduggery/ Intimidation Skills used)
2. A night time ambush will be set up in the usual way, at a major road or such like and with the added allure of 1 unit of Scrap and any excess bodies. A Smoke Grenade from Rohgens Wargear will be also used as well to enhance the effect. Trip Mines/ Caltrops will be set up accordingly to maximise damage.
Order will be done after movement.
(Skulduggery/ Ambusher/ Endurance Skills used) (Intelligent/Crafty Keywords used) (1 unit of Scrap used)

Free Action
Move from Roggar to Toulois

Last edited:
Anaya
Turn 3

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

The delievery job was completed! It had cut it close, but Anaya had delivered as promised. Anaya and her tribe gain Four Scrap Units for the completed delivery. Not bad for simply moving where they likely would have anyways and getting paid for it! Along with the reward, Anaya's reputation grows as someone who will follow through on jobs and can be trusted to complete them, as such, Reputation Gained: New Level - Steady. Tolius, while not at large as Vicksburg in the Flats, is much larger then most human 'hives' that Anaya had come across. It was nestled among the foothills and numerous large tunnels were dug into them, man-made from her sight, where they likely pulled minerals out from under the ground. Tolius was a major practitioners of slavery, normally, a large group of tribals showing up in Tolius would be a sign to every slaver that 'new slaves' were ripe for the picking, but there was other matters to attend to for the slavers. A large battle was brewing between the Red Queen, the current monarch of Tolius, and the Slave Rebels that were currently fighting for control of Tolius.. Both sides are looking for mercenaries to fight in the battle and are willing to pay handsomely..

Opportunity
Battle of Seven Hills
You may partake on either the Red Queen's side or the Rebels if you so decide [You are free to stay out of it as well] It will take an action to do so. This battle will happen this turn.

Caution:
Fighting on one side will make you an enemy of the other.

[Important Note: You did not need to spend an action to complete the delivery! Your action is refunded. You may use it elsewhere! Just edit in your new action once decided and tag me in discord to let me know!]

The making of Giggle Juice, to numb the creature's pain, went about as well as could be expected Four Units of Giggle Juice was created [Bringing you up to.. 6 now? Had 4. 1 spent last turn, 1 spent beginning of this turn + 4 new ones.]

Event

While traveling to Tolius, Anaya and her tribe found a strange green metal carriage, it was very, very old and seemed to have been built to carry large amounts of goods in the past. A large white star was smacked on the side. The lock on the back was unlike anything Anaya had ever seen, but no lock could hope to keep out the Beast of Roggar who easily cleaved it open.

Within the Green Metal Carriage was a massive suit of metallic armor, nearly twice as tall as Anaya. Of course she had no idea how to make it work, but perhaps she could find someone that would want to buy it or perhaps someone that could teach her, or one of her warriors, how to wear it? [Gained suit of Pre-War M34 Power Armor]

Along with the power armor was a strange locked chest that had strange symbols all over it, Anaya could hear whispering come from within, almost akin to how the spirits spoke to her, but something about it felt off. Did she dare open it?

Tolius Herbs
Pick TWO
Ugur
Be'gir
Whistler
Maaka
Norkin
Shar's Tear
Bitter Bark
Miller's Grass
Harin
Luga

EDIT
Siren's Hunt
Tolius was a fairly large 'town', slaves being led in large droves as slave soldiers and guards patrolled and gathered into large formations. The city was rife with tension as a major battle was about to be waged and everyone, slave and guard alike, were waiting for the coin to drop and the gunfire to begin... In such a tense situation, it could be difficult to attract anyone of importance or status without worry, so something 'simpler' was chosen. He was a bit rusty, but it was hard to forget how to 'call' humans.. It was like 'riding a bicycle' as they said in the Old World. He lured a few men to an alley way, one after another. Utterly entranced, they were unable to resist his touch as he fed upon their life energy. [Siren is Satiated! Hunger level 0]. The siren was not able to 'absorb' any useful skills or knowledge from the guards.

Gain 4 'Husk'
Four 'bodies' were brought back, his food. They do not have their minds any longer and are little more then meat puppets. You will have them for One Turn before they die [from starvation/dehydration/etc as you do not have a means to keep them self-sustaining]. You may 'trade' them if you know someone who'd want them or can use them for whatever odd thing you can think of! But they will be 'gone' by the end of turn 4 if not otherwise 'consumed'.​

Last edited:
Ezrin Thorne
Turn 03

Ezrin watched the puppets moving, his will guiding them as they set about building and moving things. The fort had to be upgraded and Ezrin had the workforce to do it when combined with the pair of scrapbots he'd assembled before. Lots of heavy lifting and boltings could be done, tapping into the resources they had seized from the vanguard force. It was a major worry, knowing another force would be inbound, probably ready to fight since the vanguard would have failed to check in.

Ezrin was no warrior and instead tried to consult with Nigel on those matters, trusting the synths to have more tactical knowledge. His focus was to build and improve upon what was already there with better materials. He also used it as a means to continue to test and refine his control over the Djinn Puppets.

When he gave his puppets breaks to preserve their strength and usefulness, he was starting to reach out with his powerful mind. Casting out beyond the borders of their region to seek out the Tithe or their agents that were coming this way. Knowledge was the true power right now. He entrusted Nigel with building the obstacles around their home to slow and funnel forces towards them. He needed to find the facts. To know movements and presence. To potentially influence the enemy even if he could manage it.

Actions:
1: Upgrading Fort with seized supplies, Djinn puppets and scrap bots.
2: Commence Psionic Scanning/Recon for Tithe forces​

The Journal of Edmund Wright

Entry Three

We have an understanding, you and I.
We sit in silence; nothing needs to be said.

I know the weight you carry.
You hold your head high, but inside you cry.

The life of a soldier is not an easy one.

Memories haunt you!
But you stand tall and show no fear.

You hear voices of days past come rushing to your head.
You think to yourself, "He was a good one; why is he dead?"

You wonder if you should have done things differently.
No time to think, only react.

The guilt is too much to bear.
Although you were wounded, you question,

"Why him and not me?"
You can't forget the faces that were there.

We have an understanding, you and I.
You're a soldier for life; and it has not been an easy one.
- Jodi Kucera

A quite fitting poem I found in an old-world book at home in the dukedom, one which I believe rather fits my mood as of recent. I have succeeded in my mission to take all the towns of Amire into the fold and have furthermore completed the tasks requested of me by Lady Karmine's children. But it came at a rather large cost in the end, I lost another four of my squires to a single battle and near fifty of our allies during the fight. Such death, for little more than a single fort which we could have built within a week at worst. We are rich in resources now, but it was not worth the price which has been paid in this accursed part of the wasteland. I have yet one more task which I must complete before I may leave it however, I must eradicate the raiders who have laid claim to the territory and ensure that Amire is truly safe.

The battle of Uncle Ben's

The only battle I have fought since we arrived in Amire, or at least the only one which I can properly call a battle. Nine of my squires, Trixie, two Golden Guard, and one hundred or so members of a citizen militia joined me in battle against a group of robots and humans numbering between thirty and forty humans and robots. Trixie proved her worth in battle by taking out most of the men guarding the walls, as well as multiple robots, and not simply running as I had half expected her to. My men and I took the front as I had agreed to with the leader of the militia, but that plan did not survive long after combat had begun. They charged the fort while we were fighting within, and quickly began to be picked off by the remaining guards we had yet to kill. In total we believe twenty-two of a later confirmed forty-five deaths occurred during this time, and it was during this time that two of my squires were killed. It wasn't until near the end of the battle while I was attempting to kill the final living guard, however, that things went terribly wrong. The Plasma Culverin I have been using since we discovered it overheated rapidly, resulting in a wave of heat being unleashed that simply melted most of those close enough to myself. The remaining twenty-three militia and two squire deaths occurred during this, leaving me the only survivor of those close enough to the heat wave to feel it. How I am alive I do not know, nor do I think I will ever truly find out. After this however, a fire was started along both the walls and the store at which the battle was occurring. This killed the store's owner and badly damaged any supplies we might have been able to gather from it. Of our enemy, only one man escaped. The same guard who I had attempted to kill, as well as attempted to have surrender peacefully, was able to escape during the confusion with the fire. I truly hope that he will find a safer profession in these wastes, for he has earned respect from both myself and those among the Golden Guard who fought alongside me that day.

Action 1 - Create plans for the hunting down of all remaining raiders within Amire, to be carried out as soon as possible

Action 2 - Begin preparations for a siege (Gathering food, water, attempting to request extra forces from vassal settlements, etc.)

Turn 3 Processing
New America
Trektek Trektek

Brainstorm needed that briefcase cracked, but it wasn't something that was really in his skill set, so the robot did the only thing that made sense, build something with the skill set! The briefcase promised secrets from Old America's hated foe, surely it would hold great interest for New America! Even if it held little more then someone's lunch schedule from centuries ago, it was hard to resist hidden knowledge. It was hard, but rewarding work, after all, when was the last time Brainstorm got to work with such quality parts? Surely this was a sign that New America was destined to be born, after all, everything he needed just so happened to fall into his lap all at once! Surely, providence and the forefathers were on his side! It was DESTINY that New America rose again and all he had to do was MANIFEST it.

[As you are designing this thing, you may decide what it looks like, what its name is and what personality it has. :P The perks of custom building a champion].

[Insert Bot Name Here]
[Hacking] [Medicine]

Weapon Hardpoints: Pick Two
Retractable Laser Rifle [Will work as a hand when not in use]
Retractable Ripperblade [Will work as a hand when not in use]
Retractable Taser Prod [Will work as a hand when not in use]
Retractable HF-Blade [Will work as a hand when not in use]
Retractable Flamer [Will work as a hand when not in use]

Utility Hardpoint: Pick One
[You may replace a weapon hardpoint with a utility hardpoint if you wish]
Adrenaline Shots

Once per event, may give nearby humans a 'shot' of adrenaline that will give them a bonus to all their attacks/actions for a short period.

Field Sample Kit
May gather biological samples to run readings on them. This can be anything from testing if something is poisonious, to running genetics test to analyzing what something is and collecting samples for possible future use.

Toxin Replicator
All melee attacks count as Poisoned, if the 'Flamer' is picked as a weapon, it may instead of flames, spew out a toxic miasma.

Code Breaker Suite
May have a single hacking reroll per event/attempt.

Jet Thruster
This unit has a small thruster pack that will allow for limited burst of flight.

Chameleon Protocol
The 'skin' of the unit can morph to suit its surroundings giving it a boost to stealth.

Lazarus Protocol
If 'knocked out', there is a chance the unit will reactive.

Tamper Resistant
This unit is resistant against EMP and hacking.

Oil Bunny Missive

'New America', whatever that is, listen here ya bucket o' bolts. Amira is a free land, a land where people with the right stuff and stern spines are free to run as wild as the open sky. Now, we got this here upitty Sir-Lance-a-Fucks trying to make a mess of that and we don't like that. Monsters, forts, burning down the Trade Shop... Not the right way to do business. So, I'll make you a deal 'New America', you help us rip out that fuck's spine and maybe, just maybe, we can do some business. - Alan Wrenchman.

Action 2
The forces of New America had gathered, but for what? Would they help Edmund and the Duchy take Amira and fight off the bandits? Or would he stab Edmund in the back? After all, this could prove a useful time to do it. Slay a potential future foe to New America before he had a chance to rise, when he would be all surrounded by foes...

Did Brainstorm hold true to his sense of honor or was the dream of a New America worth any sacrifice?

Turn 3 Processing
The Duchess's Legion
Dest Dest

The towns of Amira had been pacified, and the bandits were gathering. A large host was on the way to wipe out the upstart that had encroached upon their lands... Three large gangs, and the remnant of the fourth, were rallying themselves opposed to the Legion.. And where did the odd robot, Brainstorm, fit into all of this? Was hard to say, but there was one thing for certain. If the bandits were defeated, if they were thrown down, then Amira would fall to he Duchy and the first, great step, towards reclaiming the former glory of the Empire would begin. The Duchess had placed her faith, her guards, her future in his hands, and now it was time to see if her decision had been wise.

... But there was much to do. Could the Scrap Fort hold? How many more squires would fall? Would this his destiny? To drown the wasteland in the blood of the soldiers of the duchy in hopes that new fields would sprout under the red tide?..

Was there any point in thinking about it? No, there wasn't. There could be only two things now: Victory or Death.

Action 1
No actions are needed to hunt bandits, the bandits are coming for Edmund. You may change this action out to something else if you wish.

Action 2
Tow-Lan and Heroes Rest both send their militias. 30 from Tow-Lan wielding rifles while 40 come from Heroes Rest with their assault rifles and medium vault armor granted to them by Edmund. The preparations for the siege go as well as could be expected. Water and food is stocked, but the scrap fort is exactly that, a scrap fort. Its walls weren't tall, the towers weren't sturdy, it was a place to set up and resist wildlife and the occasional raids, it was not meant to stand up to an attack of this magnitude, but some efforts could be made to temporarily increase its strength..

From his warfare training, Edmund comes up with some plans for the defense, but he does not have the time to do them all..

[Pick TWO]
High Octane Traps
Use the High Octane Fuel to create three hidden traps. These can be shot during the battle to cause large damage and chaos among the bandits... Or you can stash them all in one area for one massive explosion. [This will consume the Octane Units]

Reinforced Gate
Stashing anything not bolted down behind the gate will greatly strengthen it and lessen the chance someone will be able to smash through it.

Dig Ditches
Digging a ditch in front of the walls will artificially lengthen them and make them harder to scale or ram.

Scrap Launchers
For 3 Scrap and 1 Component, Edmund can construct a large Scrap Launcher. A roughly designed and made howitzer that could provide counter battery support. It will be inaccurate but hit hard. For 9 Scrap and 3 Components, he may build a battery of three.

Scrap Armor
For 4 Scrap, Edmund can have light scrap armor made for the Tow-Lan Militia.​

Turn 3
The Last Amazonians

"Hello? Is this thing on? I think I'm finally getting the hang of this radio thing. This is Overseer Crawley of Vault 74 speaking. It's been a few weeks since we left the safety of our underground home and emerged into this new world.

I never thought I'd see the day when we would leave the Vault and see the surface... I thought we would live on for generations... within the walls of our Vault like our parents and theirs before. Though, we didn't really have an option. But here we are, in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. The sky is a sickly shade of gray, the air is thick with dust and ash, the ground is black and the only sounds I hear are the distant howls of mutated creatures.

Leaving the vault was both exhilarating and terrifying. For years, I'd been told that the outside world was uninhabitable, that there was nothing out there but death and destruction. But I have to see it for myself. I have to know if there was any hope left for humanity. So, this is Overseer Crawley, calling out to other Vaults and any other civilizations that may have survived in these wastelands. Please, respond or come to me. We have medicine and machinery to trade. We can offer services like mechanics and even medical treatment by our own Doctor Jeong. (Bargaining skill)

This is Overseer Crawley of Vault 74, signing off. Hope to see or hear from you soon. This message will repeat in hopes of someone out there hearing this."

Theo hung up the radio. The broadcast was set to repeat and send out coordinates to the location of the Vault. The bait had been set. All they could do was just leave and then come back later to see if anyone or anything had taken the bait. Ideally, raiders or others... otherwise, there were very few out there who were crazy enough to come out here, especially to the Rock. But, who knew. It wasn't for him or the Amazonians to decide who would end up entangled. It was up to fate and powers beyond them. Theo walked out of the back of the APC and put on a pair of sunglasses that he scrounged up from the convoy.

Now that the radio array was set to send that broadcast intermittently, Theo called out "Saddle up, Rough Riders! We've got a job to do." The Amazonians mounted up. They had a coordinate of their own to get to... which hopefully wasn't a trap like theirs.

---

Summary:

Action 1: The Amazonians send out a radio broadcast using some of the info from the Vault to try and lure others to "Buddy" while the Amazonians leave to go do some other stuff.

Action 2: The Amazonians continue on their way to the coordinates in the region (The Rock) that the morse code sent.

Movement: Saved for potential travel after the actions.

Last edited:
Nigel Billingsworth - Turn 3Roggar - The Whispering Town
Dear Diary,

Nigel is sending us out into the wasteland to try and find some gear to help with the impending invasion. I can't say that it doesn't concern me. Vastly superior numbers and no idea on their capabilities is always a worry. On the plus side, we do have Ezrin, his zombie army and Zora...oh how I would love some alone time with her. She's so majestic and wondrous. I would to let her run around inside of my brain.

Oh Zora, my Zora,
My heart burns for you,
Oh Zora, my Zora,
I hope yours burns to.
Oh Zora, my Zora,
We came together through fate,
Oh Zora, my Zora,
Be with me before it's too late.
Oh Zora, my Zora,
For you I would give my life,
Oh Zora, my Zora,
It is you I want to make my wife.
Oh Zora, my Zora,
Zora, my love.

That poem is for her and while she will never read it I hope she finds it's cause in her heart.

Until next time diary,

Trevor.

Nigel glared at Trev.

"What the fuck is this?!" He said, bursting into laughter.

Trev stomped over and snatched the book out of Nigel's hand, his response muted.

"It's my diary you dick...it's private."

Nigel and the other synths of Overwatch laughed and pointed at Trev.

"Why do you have a diary? Are you secretly a ten year old girl disguised as a synth assassin?" Nigel joked, sending the others into rapturous laughter. Trev simply scowled and raised his middle finger before disappearing from their makeshift home.

"Awww come on Trev, don't get your panties in a twist!" One of the others yelled.

Movement: None (Exploring locally)

Action 1: Venture out to search for weapons/allies/something to help against the approaching force.

Action 2: Depends on outcome of action 1.

1680814533126.png

Camael Blóð, The Deliverers [Post Theme]
Deception
“People trust their eyes above all else - but most people see what they wish to see, or what they believe they should see; not what is really there”
― Zoë Marriott, Shadows on the Moon

A cave. Full of minerals. Bountiful luck or a deceptive curse. What it seems, or forevermore than it will ever be. Camael scanned the flatlands. More of the same. He gave a sigh. The rangers were not the best talkers, and they have become rather resistive in their choice of topic. Tired in his feet, in moving without organizing and replicating their technology, the cave was a good place to begin setting up shop. Defendable, full of resources, and in a remote location with plenty of wildlife to keep the earthlings off their tracks; prime real estate as far as he was concerned. The only problem was if it hosted anything. Could it be dealt with? Possibly. Maybe it could be useful to them. The other animals seem promising as well. But, taming was not his specialty. Maybe if he could find more of his kin...

Camael peered into the cave of the great mountain. To adventure we go.

Cosmo Cosmo

• Investigate the cave. Eliminate threats and settle within the cave if possible. [Meticulous, Geology, Pathfinder.]
    • Scavenge the scenes where the "fellow humans" abduct earthlings to grab what was left behind by them.​
    • No movement this turn.

Last edited:
X-Raiders
Turn 3 Processing

Twist Twist

The journey from Roggar to Toulois went well, the X-Raiders didn't run into anyone, or anything, which was very lucky for whomever was out there. The X-Raiders didn't try to approach the town, likely because despite it being a den of slavers and raiders, the X-Raiders were radioactive mutants and so not even the Red Queen would be insane enough to allow them to walk on in... Still, why did they even need to? The X-Raiders took what they wanted from their screaming, terrified victims, they didn't barter with them. The Beast of Roggar's egg has not yet hatched, but Rohgen could feel the warmth under the hair, it would not be too long. Weeks? Months? Sooner or later, it would hatch and the beast would be his. His to spread fear to the world with, and he would have done it by breaking the spirit of an 'alpha predator', something about that made the victory all the sweeter.

They didn't have enough 'human' leather to make armor, but that could be easily fixed after the ambush. It was a simple enough matter to skin some humans and prepare their flesh for a higher purpose [No Armor created yet, but I will process this action, for free, after your event assuming you win and gain more 'leather'. If you lose, this action will be refunded to you].

The ambush was set and prepared, now all they had to do was wait for the right prey to cross their path... At least, that was how it was supposed to go. Barely half an hour had passed before strange whistling was heard and then the ground shook as mortar shells fell along the trap... Had they been discovered? No. Couldn't be... And then the air exploded as guns fired.

Their ambush had been set up right in the middle of an active warzone and two forces were fighting.. and they were now stuck in the middle. Would they die in the crossfire or would this just be double the victims?

[Battle in Discord]​

It's finally time. No leader of her tribe has been lucky enough to avoid some kind of large-scale conflict, but this is her first. Blood of her people will doubtless be shed, but it is her duty to ensure it's as little as possible while still protecting their future. She sighs, looking down at the caravan from where she sits on the Roggar Queen's back.

At least she succeeded in getting them more help. That is what she prays, at least. The alliance of Adam cost the blood of the desperate and victimized, and in her heart she feels worse for it. Sick and corrupted. She has to win this. Has to have done enough. To make up for the lives of those she snuffed out.

She sighs, and lays back, taking a long drink of her tea. King's Reagent, Bitter Bark, and Asure crest. Lovely. She can't do this without help. She's scared, for her people, for herself, and for the waste if they fail. She closes her eyes, reaching out to all the living and dead souls that call her tribe home. Human, beast, and even that strange box they found. All of them must be in accord if they are to survive.

Actions
Return to Roggar

Anaya will attempt to communicate with the spirits of her clan to search for advice or new allies.

Assist Ezrin and the others in the battle of Roggar

Cosmo Cosmo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back