• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
In order for Amara to learn Sorcery, it would cost me a total of 14 xp; 10 for the spell and 4 to raise my Occult to 3. I just wonder if it would be worth the cost for this with my current plans for her.

In order for Amara to learn Sorcery, it would cost me a total of 14 xp; 10 for the spell and 4 to raise my Occult to 3. I just wonder if it would be worth the cost for this with my current plans for her.
That is a decision I leave in your hands to make.

Stormwind Rider wouldn't be out of place for Glade to learn, either (taking XP debt like Mercy). OTOH, it does rather double up on stuff he can already do.

Well, you do have Fat Cat as a source of transportation if you don't want to do the Stormwind Rider thing.

He is probably not as fast as the spell (100 mph for Stormwind Rider, after all), so if we are in a hurry, this might be the way to go.

He does have the Charm Instinct Driven Beast Movement, so he can hustle a bit faster than a typical creature of whatever type he's shifted into, but not quite as fast as the spell.

Purr Purr Is Fat Cat going to join Amara and head into the tower and get caught up on the info about the curse holding the angry ghost from moving on?

Sherwood Sherwood

No. Fat Cat stays. He still feels as before.

Will try to post in-game later. For now, migraine invadind sleep. Sorry. Be well!

He does have the Charm Instinct Driven Beast Movement, so he can hustle a bit faster than a typical creature of whatever type he's shifted into, but not quite as fast as the spell.
While I doubt he'll ever go 100 miles an hour, Da Chonk also has the Fleet of Foot Mutation. =)

In other news, I have become a Sidereal Kickstarter backer in (PDF form). I'm telling you this now because I'm sure none of us Sidereal backers will be remembered later if you get where I'm going. Hee hee. =)

Thank you! I feel so very welcome! 8D

Hey Psychie Psychie , does the offer of picking up a new spell by going into xp debt extend to other Charms or Evocations? I'm debating on getting the spell (since sorcery is extremely useful) or focusing solely on my more martial abilities or activating one of my Evocations.

Hey Psychie Psychie , does the offer of picking up a new spell by going into xp debt extend to other Charms or Evocations? I'm debating on getting the spell (since sorcery is extremely useful) or focusing solely on my more martial abilities or activating one of my Evocations.
Yes, I'll allow everyone to pick up a Charm, Evocation or Spell right now on credit. Remember, only your regular Xp can be used to buy everything, including Charms, while Solar/Lunar Xp can be used for everything but Charms.

So, do we need someone else to pick up Sorcery? I am leaning more towards either a MA Charm to get closer to having all of my style Charms or a Melee defensive one. Probably the Melee one, since Bulwark Stance is a prerequisite to higher tier defense Charms that I want to get.

Eonivar Eonivar jaydude jaydude Chowlett Chowlett Purr Purr Rykon Rykon

I don't want anyone to feel pressured to take a new power now if you wish to bank your points for something else. This is completely voluntary. I will be giving out more xp soon.

Yes, I'll allow everyone to pick up a Charm, Evocation or Spell right now on credit. Remember, only your regular Xp can be used to buy everything, including Charms, while Solar/Lunar Xp can be used for everything but Charms.
Thank you, Psychie Psychie !

Given the two week training time, would we actually save any time learning Stormwind Rider over using the CatBus right now?

I think that it fits into the category of, 'six of one, half dozen of the other'. If you wish to pick up a new transport spell, here is your chance. If I had to choose, I am thinking that I will get Bulwark Stance to increase my defensive ability.

Sure, but Mercy and Glade can't mix-and-match. If we take the cat, we both leave now. If we go by Stormwind, we both need to learn the spell. I'd probably prefer not to, but if Mercy wants to I'm easy.

From a player standpoint...I am leaning towards more of the journey overland with Da Chonk and the Circle...from a story standpoint I think it would be more fun and rewarding, and better character development...oh yes Mercy would love to sit there and learn spells until the end of days there...but I think some real experience would do her well. That and I would love to see more of the world anyway.

Psychie Psychie O Mighty Fat Cat would like to use his Charisma (4) and Presence (2) to provide Antonia with a spontaneous description of some of the great places he has visited that have touched him during his time as a young Deliverer. (I think that's how Presence is used as he has no dots in Performance).

Is that all right?

Haven't been getting notifications for a hot minute, let's see here...

Given the two week training time, would we actually save any time learning Stormwind Rider over using the CatBus right now?
No, great roc form / eagle flight speed is pretty competitive with Stormwind Rider not factoring in a week's lost time and the amount of attention it draws. Also, I'd personally not feel too great swapping transport modes when CatBus, relatively speaking, just joined the game but I'm not playing a spellcaster being offered a new spell. If, for some reason, we needed a third sorcerer I could easily pick it up any time, but I've got way too many other areas I'm wanting to invest in.

Speaking of Charms/XP, I'd planned out everything for an unreasonably long amount of time. Looks like next up on the list was One Weapon, Two Blows.

It sounds to me like as a group we are leaning more towards traveling by catbus instead of taking the time to learn more spells from Dunbar. That works for me, too.

Dunbar's build up as a great sorcerer aside, I'm okay with us using Fat Cat as our mode of transportation. Also, should I assume that we're planning to use these ruins as our base camp once Cadence has been sent on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back