• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into the Ruins - Exalted 3e IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Ever since the Circle had met Mercy, she always made sure her body was covered except for her face, usually wearing simple robe, hooded claok, a hajib, and even gloves over her thin and slight form. And now here, her body was displayed for all of them for the first time, showing the scars, mystical symbols and arcane tattoos that covered her slightly bronze colored skin. Even in the dim light of the enclosure, the arcane runes and symbols seemed to glow slightly on her body, not necessarily enough to cast any light but enough that they could be seen. The most prominent tattoo was on the back of her neck, the slave brand of House Cynis.
Grey Stone didn't look at Mercy for too long, though the sight of those scars and markings did make him a little curious about why she'd tried to hide them.

"...Personally, if I find out the person responsible for taking us captive and stealing our things, there will be hell to pay. I fought too long and hard to get my items for me to leave them behind!" She is whispering, but it can still be told that the Dawn Caste is irate and ready to spill some blood in her efforts to get her weapon and armor back.
"If you could hold off on murdering them until I've gotten a chance to ask them a few questions, I'd be very much grateful." the monk remarked to the one-armed swordswoman, while cracking his knuckles in a way that screamed ominousness.

===

As Mercy and Amara readied themselves for battle, and he heard the sounds of their captors getting drawn to what was happening, Grey Stone gave another shrug and stood up. A rock could not help getting caught up and carried along in a landslide.

"Let me know if you need any help breaking through that floor." he said in his deep voice, before crossing his wrists and taking a deep breath. As he did so, all in the wagon would see the size of his muscles visibly increase a little.

[Spending 3 motes of Personal Essence on Increasing Strength Exercise to boost Strength up by one point.]
Essence: 1
Personal Essence: 10/13
Peripheral Essence: 33/33

Willpower: 7
Join Battle: 5
Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks
Unarmed (13 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 15, Overwhelming 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural)

Actions
Rush: 6
Disengage: 6

Evasion 4, Parry 4
Soak/Hardness: 4/0

Increasing Strength Exercise (+1 Strength)

Last edited:
The drugs took a little longer to leave Silent Glade's slight and sinewy form (OOC: not to mention the timezone...), but eventually he too had come back to consciousness. He chafed at being trapped in a cage, and immediately his mind raced to any possible means of escape. Almost reflexively, he reached down to where his belt should have been, ready to become as shadow and slip out unnoticed - but it wasn't there. He cursed, quietly, in Forest-tongue.

The others were already preparing themselves, and looking appraisingly at the wood of the floor. The plan seemed... noisy, far noisier than Glade would have liked, and even before it was in motion he could hear guards approaching. Time to play to his strengths.

"Mercy, Amara, Grey Stone - I have no weapon, but the forest always provides. If you can break me a sharp length of this prison's floor, I will strike from the shadows".

With that, he quickly assessed the direction from which the guards were approaching, and crouched back into the darkness; trusting to the uneven shadows cast by flickering firelight to conceal him, ready to pounce.

[Dex+Stealth+Stunt to hide; one 10 kept and the rest rerolled with Perfect Shadow Stillness. New total - 3 successes, ugh. I regain the spent WP if that's a success.]

Last edited:
Mercy looks down worried her heavier body may fall through the floor, testing by taking a step and cringing some when the floor creaked heavily. "I am not much at punching things or using weapons other than throwing things, and I am afriad if I remove any floor boards that I may fall through them and be stuck, so if we could get outside that would be ideal, yes? I also can summon Opal out there if need be, she would not fit in here, as much as she loves hugs, she would not be comfortable in here"

She gazes around and listens to the incoming guards.

"I do wonder though if we really need to bring out the complete arsenal here though? I am thinking that our 'captors' are unaware of our...talents, otherwise they would have taken better measures to imprison us."

Aredin wasn't of much use in a fight bare-handed, but he wasn't about to give up either. Seeing Gray Stone prepare himself for the breakout was his queue to follow suit. Aredin's physique suddenly grew more defined, the changes to his musculature more obvious now that he was stripped to his small clothes. As the sounds of their scrambling captors became apparent he popped his knuckles, ready to rip up the floor with every shred of tenacity in his spirit. "There's too many questions about this whole mess. We'll have to sort it out once we level the playing field. Ready?"

[Spending 3m to Increase Strength by 1, I don't think I can go further than that at E1 unless I'm missing something. Who is our lead demolitionist?]

Amara looks down at the floorboards and considers her next move. There are some guards out there that are coming this way. We either need to go out the door or through the floor. Either way, I am the only one of us that is currently armed. I will be the barrier between us and them.
She spends a moment to prepare for the fight by focusing her Essence into her body, boosting her strength as she moves to stand by the door of the wagon. "I think that we are about to have an alarm raised, so the sooner we get out of here the better off we will be. Once we start to tear up the floor, it will draw the attention of the guards out there. Stand ready."
Spending 3m on Increasing Strength Exercise

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 8 / 6
Personal: 13 / 8
Peripheral: 33 / 20
Committed: 13

Join Battle: 9 +3i
Form Charm Join Battle: 11
Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 2
Guile: 1

Natural Soak: 3
Armored Soak: +8, Hardness 7
Hearthstone Soak: 2
Total Soak: 13

Weapons
Destiny

Attunement: 5m
Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
Evocations of Destiny
A user of Destiny may change the result of one die on an attack or damage roll, moving it up or down one digit. For example if a player rolls seven dice with the results “5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 2, 10,” they can change one of the dieʼs digits. In the above example, they might change the “6” up one digit to a “7” thus adding an additional successes. The magic of Destinyʼs evocations directly relates to the numbers rolled on dice. As such some players may also choose to decrease a number rolled.

Mercy glances at each of her circle brothers and sister and watches them prepare. She shook in nerviousness of her situation, the reflection of her now hard bronzed skin casting feint light from the gleam of her tattoos on the walls of the enclosure. She felt so vulnerable and trapped, even wrapped in her bronze armor.

She whispers, "I...I can make a hole. Stand back."

Mercy invokes The Burning Name of her Ifirit Lord Pact Ally. Whispering In Old Realm to herself. <Laris-Ifran give me your fire> Mercy's eyes began to glow with an orange fire as the runes on her body briefly flash and spark. Her eyes proceed to emit an orange beam of fire that she aims down at the floor, cutting a perfect circle big enough for everyone to be able to go through the hole created once the cut piece of flooring falls to the ground below.

(OOC The Burning Name merit Core Book p. 468 states it is precise enough to incinerate ropes that bind their hands, so I feel it is precise enough to cut a circle shape to make a hole in the floor, like Superman's heat vision)

The Burning Name is a light mundane weapon with the lethal, thrown(short), and mounted tags.

The Burning Name = Intelligence+Occult+Stunt (Plus one free success with Ancient Tongue Understanding) = 11 dice + 1 free success

4 successes+1 free success = 5 Successes

"That should do the trick, let's go."

Essence Rating: 1
Personal Essence Pool: 13
Peripheral Essence Pool: 25/33
Attuned Essence: 8
Willpower: 6/6 (spent willpower restored after successful completion of Bronze Skin Spell)
Free Willpower from Cult (Recharges once per story): 3/3
Health Levels
Incapacitated

Natural Soak With Invulnerable Skin of Bronze (Control) invoked = 9 + Hardness 6

Last edited:
Seeing how Mercy had literally cut a way out for them, and remembering that Silent Glade was still unarmed, Grey Stone looked to the edges of the hole for a bit of wood he could tear out and give to the Night Caste.

Psychie Psychie
Is this possible? If so, what are the mechanics, if any?

Health Levels: -0, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -3, Incapacitated
Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks
Unarmed (13 dice Withering, 8 dice Decisive, Withering Damage 15, Overwhelming 1, Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural)

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 4

..and whether or not that happens, Glade is happy to drop down the hole first and attempt to re-hide - if there's enough time before people arrive. Probably need a time-check soon!

With Glade being the first one through the opening in the floor, he drops down a few feet to the earth below and when he ducks down to his hands and knees, he can see that yes, you are now under one of the large wagons that are a part of the caravan. It is still dark, and there are several small tents staked out around a handful of campfires, just like any other normal night. There are several men on guard, some huddled around the fires in an effort to stay warm in the chilly pre-dawn hour and a few others are wandering about, keeping watch for any signs of bandits or monsters.

From one of the other wagons, there are a well dressed man wearing a fine fur robe with a full ten men on his heels heading in the direction of the wagon you are in. You recognize him as Lord Kerwin, a Dragon Blood of the Fire Aspect and owner of this particular caravan. He had been playing host to you and letting you use the wagons as a means of escaping the Wyld Hunt that was on your heels when you left the city of Nexus on your way east. He doesn't look happy, and neither do the men walking with him.

They will be at your wagon in less than a minute.

Silent Glade turned to relay this information quietly back through the hole: "Ten men and Kerwin, heading this way. Prepare yourselves quickly."

Then he turned back to survey what he could make of the camp from under his wagon, his eyes alert for a route unseen by his captors; anything he could use as a weapon; or even better any indication of where their equipment might be hidden.

Rolling Per+Awa+Specialty+Stunt 1: 6 successes

Let me know if you need me to reroll stealth.

Amara grimaces. "I can hold them off long enough for you all to slip out and check Kerwin's wagon for the rest of our gear. If I were him, I'd keep everything close by. I think that I may have clued him in that we were trying to escape when I was calling my sword. For that I am sorry. But I will stand as a bulwark upon which these fools will strike against and fall. Now go, and make sure you find my armor and coin purse!" She gives the others a grin and a quick salute with her blade before dropping down through the opening in the floor.

Without a second thought, the Dawn Caste moves out into the open with a purposeful stride. It is one against many, but she is one of the Chosen of the Unconquered Sun, and this kind of fight is what she lives for. She plants herself between the wagon and the approaching men, planning on making enough of a spectacle to keep all the attention on her to let the others slip away and get to the personal wagon of this fool Kerwin.

"You have made a critical mistake, Kerwin, one that you might live through if you stop what you are doing right now and return our things and walk away. The ball is in your court. What do you wish to do now? Will I have to spill your blood this night? Or will you stand down?"
Increasing Strength Exercise active; +1 Str

Health Levels
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
I [ ]

Willpower: 8 / 6
Personal: 13 / 8
Peripheral: 33 / 20
Committed: 13

Join Battle: 9 +3i
Form Charm Join Battle: 11
Parry: 6
Evasion: 4
Resolve: 2
Guile: 1

Natural Soak: 3
Armored Soak: +8, Hardness 7
Hearthstone Soak: 2
Total Soak: 13

Weapons
Destiny

Attunement: 5m
Type: Light (+5 ACC, +10 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)
Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced

Evocations of Destiny
A user of Destiny may change the result of one die on an attack or damage roll, moving it up or down one digit. For example if a player rolls seven dice with the results “5, 6, 7, 7, 8, 2, 10,” they can change one of the dieʼs digits. In the above example, they might change the “6” up one digit to a “7” thus adding an additional successes. The magic of Destinyʼs evocations directly relates to the numbers rolled on dice. As such some players may also choose to decrease a number rolled.

For those wishing to make a sneak to Kerwin's wagon and see if your weapons and other gear are there, please give me a Dex + Stealth roll to try and be unseen as you go.

For those wishing to join Amara in facing off against Kerwin and his men that are approaching, please go ahead and give me a Cha + Pre roll (you too, Sherwood Sherwood Don't forget to add your 2 dice for the good description of Amara's appearance).

Last edited:
Rolling Cha + Pre for Amara

Only two successes. :closedeyescryingfrown:
EDIT: Its 3 successes thanks to Psy's ruling on Destiny's power.

Last edited:
"I'll cover for your search, make it quick." Aredin whispered as he made his exit through the newly minted breach in the wagon.

Hearing Amara's threat, the dusty, naked merchant sauntered into the firelight piercing the thick night air with a grin as broad as a Yeddim's ass. "Well now... Did I hear that right Lord Kevin?" Aredin said derisively, clapping in slow applause, purposely misnaming the Dragonblooded to draw his focus through mockery bare as his back. "Congratulations on the title of landowner. I hear the little princesses back where you came from don't even get to do that." He spat on the ground, backwater village accent thick in his voice to punctuate the insult of a man-presumed-mortal speaking down to an esteemed Prince of the Earth. "Buy an outhouse did we? I'd hope so from that smell." He waved at the air before his face with an exaggerated look of disgust. "It was well-earned for one so diligent, I'm sure. Not even your sister worked this hard to get my clothes off."

Aredin let the sting of his last barb settle as he made sport of this outcaste Exalt in front of his hirelings. He stepped theatrically to the fore looking to Amara then to the Dragon-Blooded. "Tell us, Kevin, is this how the mighty Exalted choose their fights? One-armed, one-eyed women in their nameday suits? You islefolk have such strange kinks I swear... Then again, I'll have to give it to ya. She does look tougher than you."

[Given the spectacle of the stunt, I'd like to make this roll for distraction with Performance if that's alright. Excellency for 5m with Masterful Performance Excercise for another 2m (7m total). Counting the free success from MPE that's 11 total successes.]

With Silent Glade leaving to investigate the camp, Grey Stone abandoned his attempts to scrounge a weapon for the Night Caste, choosing to instead follow Aredin and Amara out of the wagon. His size made getting through the hole a bit of a squeeze, but he was right behind the Eclipse and Dawn as they moved to confront their captors, who turned out to be none other than their hosts.

The Zenith let out a small groan of disappointment at the sight of the Dragon-blooded. If Kerwin had wished their group ill-intentions, he would have been far better served leaving them to the mercies of the Wyld Hunt. As it stood now, he was stuck dealing with a full Circle of Solars, some of whom seemed very angry with him.

---

"I wouldn't say he's entirely looking to only pick fights with those far weaker than him." Grey Stone commented, the tall man stroked his beard with a hand attached to one of two very muscled arms. "Even with them taking my apparent age into account, I know many men who'd glance at me and then balk at the thought of starting a brawl with me."

He'd folded his arms and given a visible eyeroll when Aredin got started with his pageantry. Even if he could guess its purpose as a distraction, it still came off as crass and immature, like a youth boasting about his sexual conquests in the belief that they made him more of a real man. Afterwards, he fixed the Fire Aspect with a disappointed look.

"Forget my friend's japes." he said, slipping into the role of a parent reproaching a child for some innocent misbehaviour. "Why did you do this, Kerwin? You must have had some idea of what we're all capable of, considering you knew that the Wyld Hunt was after us."

It must have looked somewhat comical, an old man with next to no clothes and the muscles of a large bull trying to lecture someone. Still, Grey Stone knew that with the Unconquered Sun's power backing him up, he could be wearing kabuki costume and yet force people to take his words seriously.

[Rolling Charisma + Presence. Activating Harmonious Presence Meditation for 5m Personal Essence, giving me three additional dice for social influence rolls. 5 successes.]

Resolve 3, Guile 1

Attacks

Actions

Evasion 4, Parry 4

Aredin's words were all the opening Silent Glade needed. He had no doubt his circle could handle a fight, even naked and unarmed - after all, were they not glorious servants of the Unconquered Sun? But it would certainly be easier, quicker, less painful if they were properly equipped. Looking around, he spotted the ornate wagon where their captor resided in as much opulent decadence as the road would allow him; surely the so-called Prince of the Earth would want to keep so many fine artifacts as close to him as possible.

But how to get there? There were so many eyes, even with his friends thoroughly distracting Kerwin. If he were on the far side of Kerwin's wagon, he'd be hidden from the conflict unfolding next to him...

The shadows under the wagon where he currently hid were deep, absolute; behind Kerwin's wagon, too, the firelight failed to reach and darkness held sway. If the Unconquered Sun did not deign to light them, then why should anyone else. Silent Glade focused on his destination, closed his eyes briefly... when he reopened them, he was looking at the knot of soldiers from behind while he crouched, pressed up against the back side of Kerwin's wagon. He quickly assessed his new position, and his best way of getting into the wagon unseen.

[Using Shadow-Crossing Leap Technique to simply reappear behind Kerwin's wagon. 5m, 1wp
Rolling Per+Awa+Specialty+Stunt to check for entrances: 6 successes again]

Aredin's eyes took a quick snap to Gray Stone and then back to their aspiring captor. It wasn't that he tried to dismiss a psychological attack meant to spare their comrades from danger, it was something more fundamental than that. In this, Aredin stole the mantle of chiding parent.

Perhaps the treasure hunter was taking his own upbringing for granted. Still, rendering up such a dangerous secret in front of an audience like this grated against his very core. Ah well, easier to cut with the grain than against. "You volunteer much before he has a chance to speak. Far too much for my liking, especially for this audience. I suppose it doesn't matter. I wasn't planning on leaving any survivors anyway. Wouldn't want anyone to think they could get away with a foolish stunt like this again after all." Aredin said with a dismissive shrug. He turned back to their Dawn Caste returning the spectacle back to Amara as the Night Caste worked his magic. "What do you say? Do these petty pranksters seem worthy of mercy?"

Mercy stood there as the others jumped down out of the wagon, and word came back regarding the dragon blooded and his soldiers coming, Mercy paused. When they met she had not trusted the Lord Kerwin when he took them in to his caravan but knew they did not have any other good alternatives otherwise. She did not really trust any dragon blooded after her life as one of their slaves, but she did not know who to trust and only really trusts her circle at the time. And now this dragon blooded had drugged and imprisoned them. She checked herself to see if she had been otherwised defiled when they removed her clothes, she did not seem to be, but the actions still disgusted her and enraged her.

Since she invoked Laris-Ifran, her emotions had intesified, and as the runes from casting her Bronze skin spell faded, she attempted to calm herself to think rationally, closing her eyes and listening to her brothers and sisters insult and antagonize the Dragon Blooded and his men. Part of her wanted to unleash death upon the Dragon Blooded and his men, and yet, she wondered if such a display was warrented or even needed, she also wondered of others, innocents within the caravan that her powerful spells could potentially harm.

She also wondered of the potentiality that the Dragon-Blooded did know what they were and perhaps had something up his sleave that they were yet unaware of. She would need to wait and see. She sighed to herself and dropped down into the shadows, seeking to conceal herself.

Rolling Dex+Stealth = 5 dice

1 Success

She drops down, maybe a bit heavily, with a slight thud due to her heavier weight but stays in the shadow under the wagon of which they were imprisoned behind her three circle mates who were standing off in front of the Dragon Blooded and his men.

Upon dropping down into the shadows she focuses her inner will to gaze into the near by spiritrealm to see if the Dragon blooded had any spirits hiding there.

Mercy invokes Spirit Detecting Glance (spent 3m of personal essence)

Personal Essence Pool: 10/13
Willpower: 6/6 (spent willpower restored after successful completion of Bronze Skin Spell)
Health Levels
Incapacitated

Natural Soak With Invulnerable Skin of Bronze (Control) invoked = 9 + Hardness 6

Last edited:
Silent Glade slips through the flickering firelight towards the other wagon and you are able to find the outer door open, probably left that way when Kerwin made his sudden exit after the five of you. Peeking inside, you can see that there is a closed inner door, a heavy iron-bound door that probably has a strong room with a good supply of jade and perhaps your artifacts. Making your way in, you can see that the outer chamber is quite plush, as befitting one of the Princes of the Earth and a merchant lord. Fur rugs cover the floor, a large mural hangs on the wall, showing the beauty of the great city of Nexus. Fine bottles of wine sit on a rack against the other wall, and there is a rack of ornamental swords on the wall.

Moving inside, you can see that the inner door is shut and locked.

The trio of Amara, Grey Stone and Aredin stand in a loose triangle, facing off against the ten mortal guards and the one Dragon Blood that is glaring at you. Kerwin folds his arms across his chest as he looks down his nose at you, especially Aredin. "Things don't have to be difficult. Just get back inside the wagon and don't resist and things won't get ugly. There is only one of you armed, and I have ten guards standing here, ready to fight, not to mention my own not insignificant abilities. Plus all the other men that work for me in this caravan that are willing to fight at my command. Stand down."

Mercy peeks out at the standoff between the two groups and focuses her eyes beyond the material. As she does so, she is able to see two de materialized Blood Apes poised on either side of Kerwin, ready to take on their material forms and attack.

"Hah! Only the one of us? You already lost the moment her fingers touched steel." Aredin boasted, sincerely confident this cowardly lot wasn't enough to take Amara on even if she was alone. "But fine, I'll entertain the thought that this could be a sporting challenge for a minute..." He trailed off, tapping at his chin in a gesture of theatrical pondering. "What kind of retaliation do you think will come down on you if I disappear now? I'm no pauper, no fool. I've seen this stand-off more times than you've seen sweet talkers begging you to hop on a ship back home to the Legion or the Isle. My estate has more wealth to throw at petty grave filling than any Cynis household has in its whore budget. So let's not pretend like this little stunt of yours isn't coming at a steep cost." He paused, glaring as though the very backstabber before them was just brought to the gallows. His voice dropped all sound of mirth, tone as dark as the night air embracing them. "Either answer the man's questions or sell me on why I should listen to a dead man. Then maybe you can explain to us why you deserve another sunrise, Merchant."

Amara is both frustrated and pleased to see that Grey Stone and Aredin have come up to stand with her against the guards. Frustrated because a part of her wanted to see if she couldn't handle this by herself and let the others get their things that were stolen, and pleased because they are her friends and she is glad to have them at her side.

She fills her voice with as much scorn as possible when she says, "You don't actually think we are just going to roll over and bare our bellies to you and surrender, do you? If you do, then you are a bigger fool than I had thought. We are here, standing ready for a fight. One at a time or all at once, the outcome will be the same. Your blood will soak the earth at our feet and your bodies will be fodder for the worms." She levels Destiny at Kerwin an says, "You are rapidly running out of time to be able to salvage this in any way that is not a total disaster for you. Stand down! I will not warn you again!"

Locked. Of course. Silent Glade cursed - but how could he have ever assumed it would be otherwise? A quick glance at the door revealed that it would be beyond his skill to pick a lock like that (with his Larceny 0, natch). So, what should his next steps be? He could hear from outside his circle-mates rapidly raising the tension - time was short. Fighting with their own equipment would be best, but in a pinch anything is better than nothing.

He reached a decision. For a count of thirty heartbeats, he would search for a key. If - as he stoically expected - no such was to be found, then... well, an ornamental sword is still a sword, and the soldiers wouldn't be expecting to be assailed from behind. He should get at least one good strike in.

[Perception / Intelligence + Investigation (it's the same pool either way) to quickly find a key. 2 successes
Otherwise grabbing the best-looking pair of blades from the rack]

Mercy gazed into the ether seeing the large forms of the Blood Apes on either side of the Dragon Blooded, recognizing them from the many times she had read about their summoning. Whispering to herself in Low Realm <"Two Erymanthus...ew">

She moved slightly to the side of the wagon that was closer to her two brothers and sister that were standing off with the Dragon Blooded and his soldiers, and spoke out to Amara, Aredin, and Grey Stone. "The Dragon Blooded filth has two Blood Apes dematerialized on either side of him...be careful."

There is a quiet moment, and then a brillant, crystaline buzzing sound comes from behind the wagon they had been held in. A very enthusiatic buzzing sound. And then from behind the wagon a large prismatic wasp creature rises into the sky and hovers above the three Solar Exalted. Mounted on the beautiful and large Agata demon wasp named Opalescent Luminance (affectionally named Opal) was Mercy, a ball of fire formed in her hand and she looked down upon the assembled.

(Mercy uses 3m of personal essence to summon Opal, and then Mounts and rides her with Master Horseman's Technique with no cost of essence yet.)

The wasp extends its many claws and stinger extravagently, showing its beauty to all who beholds it, its shiny carapace casting rainbows in the firelight.

(Be mindful of its Shimmering Crystal Beauty - Anyone who looks upon the agata is treated as having a Minor Tie of wonder towards it for purposes of social influence rolls.)

(Opal uses 6 Motes and invokes its Jeweled Heart Allure - The agata radiates beauty that dumbfounds even battle-hardened warriors, forcing characters to pay a point of Willpower before they can attack it in a scene unless they have an Intimacy that represents ruthlessness, pitilessness, or a desperate reason to fight it that is greater than the Minor Tie created by Shimmering Crystal Beauty.)

"We do not necessarily need weapons to deal with the likes of you, Dragon Blooded scum...I see your pet apes and raise you...do as my sister says, stand down now and give us our things back!"

Personal Essence Pool: 7/13
Willpower: 6/6
Health Levels
Incapacitated

Current Charms/Abilities activated: Spirit Detecting Glance, Invulnerable Skin of Bronze, Master Horseman's Technique

Essence: 2; Willpower: 6; Join Battle: 6 dice
Personal Motes: 64/70
Health Levels:
Incapacitated
Speed Bonus: +3
Actions: Demon Lore: 6 dice; Flying maneuvers: 12
dice; Inspire: 6 dice; Resist Poison/Illness: 8 dice;
Senses: 7 dice; Tracking: 5 dice
Appearance 5, Resolve 3, Guile 2
Combat
Attack (Claw): 6 dice (Damage 14)
Attack (Sting): 5 dice (Damage 13 and poison when decisive, damage 2i/round, duration 5 rounds, -3 penalty).
Agatae can only sting while airborne.
Combat Movement: 6 dice (12 when airborne)
Evasion 3 (5 while airborne), Parry 3
Soak/Hardness: 8/0
Merits
Shimmering Crystal Beauty: Anyone who looks upon
the agata is treated as having a Minor Tie of wonder
towards it for purposes of social influence rolls.
Vigorous Steed: The agata can bear two fully armored
people on its back while flying at a speed of thirty miles
an hour. It may use its Evasion in place of its Parry to
protect a rider with a defend other action.
Offensive Charms
Principle of Motion (10m, 1wp; Reflexive; Instant;
Essence 2):
The agata moves with blinding speed, taking
a flurry without the usual restrictions—it can flurry two
of the same action if desired, and it ignores the usual penalties to dice pools and Defense.
Defensive Charms
Kaleidoscopic Dodge (5m, 3i; Reflexive; Instant; Essence
2):
For a moment, the beauteous wasp seems to disintegrate into rainbow brilliance, as though it were refracted
through a prism, adding +2 Evasion against an attack. A
successful dodge allows the agata to reflexively move one
range band in any direction, if it wishes.
Jeweled Heart Allure (6m; Reflexive; One scene;
Essence 2)
: The agata radiates beauty that dumbfounds
even battle-hardened warriors, forcing characters to pay
a point of Willpower before they can attack it in a scene
unless they have an Intimacy that represents ruthlessness, pitilessness, or a desperate reason to fight it that
is greater than the Minor Tie created by Shimmering
Crystal Beauty.
Mobility Charms
Wind-Stirring Wing Tempest (5m, 1i; Supplemental;
Instant; Essence 1):
The agata doubles 9s on a movement
roll. If it is moving downward while airborne, it doubles
8s as well.
Miscellaneous Charms
Hurry Home (10m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): The
demon fades away and vanishes on its next turn, drawn
instantly to its summoner’s side. This Charm is unavailable when the demon is unbound.
Materialize (35m, 1wp; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): The
agata solidifies itself in a flash of prismatic light.
Measure the Wind (5m; Simple; Instant; Essence 1): The
agata can discern the nature of anyone who rides it.

He reached a decision. For a count of thirty heartbeats, he would search for a key. If - as he stoically expected - no such was to be found, then... well, an ornamental sword is still a sword, and the soldiers wouldn't be expecting to be assailed from behind. He should get at least one good strike in.
Quickly ransacking the part of the room you have access to does not reveal the key. For something so important it is more likely that Kerwin has the key on him, and not left lying about in here somewhere. But the fancy swords on the wall are available to be taken, and the weight of the blade feels nice in your hand as you lift it from the display rack. You are now armed.
She moved slightly to the side of the wagon that was closer to her two brothers and sister that were standing off with the Dragon Blooded and his soldiers, and spoke out to Amara, Aredin, and Grey Stone. "The Dragon Blooded filth has two Blood Apes dematerialized on either side of him...be careful."

There is a quiet moment, and then a brillant, crystaline buzzing sound comes from behind the wagon they had been held in. A very enthusiatic buzzing sound. And then from behind the wagon a large prismatic wasp creature rises into the sky and hovers above the three Solar Exalted. Mounted on the beautiful and large Agata demon wasp named Opalescent Luminance (affectionally named Opal) was Mercy, a ball of fire formed in her hand and she looked down upon the assembled.

(Mercy uses 3m of personal essence to summon Opal, and then Mounts and rides her with Master Horseman's Technique with no cost of essence yet.)

The wasp extends its many claws and stinger extravagently, showing its beauty to all who beholds it, its shiny carapace casting rainbows in the firelight.

(Be mindful of its Shimmering Crystal Beauty - Anyone who looks upon the agata is treated as having a Minor Tie of wonder towards it for purposes of social influence rolls.)

(Opal uses 6 Motes and invokes its Jeweled Heart Allure - The agata radiates beauty that dumbfounds even battle-hardened warriors, forcing characters to pay a point of Willpower before they can attack it in a scene unless they have an Intimacy that represents ruthlessness, pitilessness, or a desperate reason to fight it that is greater than the Minor Tie created by Shimmering Crystal Beauty.)

"We do not necessarily need weapons to deal with the likes of you, Dragon Blooded scum...I see your pet apes and raise you...do as my sister says, stand down now and give us our things back!"
When Mercy makes her sudden appearance and announces the presence of the two Blood Apes, Kerwin gets an angry expression, obviously he was hoping to take your band by surprise with the ace up his sleeve. Then when the Agata drops down next to Mercy for her to leap up onto the back, the balance of power continues to shift away from the Dragon Blooded man and his guards and more towards the Exalts facing off against him.

The mortal guards with Kerwin are all dazzled by the shimmering beauty of the Agata, leaving only Kerwin as the sole member of the group in front of you that is not taken in by the demon wasp. He looks around and can see the writing on the wall and holds his hands up in a disarming gesture. "Lets not be too hasty. There is no need for violence here this evening. Lets step back a bit and try to talk about this." He seems to realize that if a fight does break out, he will be sorely outclassed by the numbers of the Exalts in front of him.

Elsewhere, Da Chonk is running through the night with a steady, loping pace that covers ground rapidly, with a fellow Lunar seated in the saddle on his back. Chonk's companion is a young woman that calls herself Wren, a rather tiny young thing that is a bird totem and a rather skillful thief that takes great pleasure in being able to bypass just about any mundane security system, and even some magical ones for that matter.

Chonk and Wren have been tasked by a member of the Merchant's Guild named Lord Dunsbury to rescue Aredin and his Circle from the clutches of Lord Kerwin. Dunsbury has been given a message that Kerwin intends to betray Aredin and hand them over to a large bunch of Dynasts that are on the move to go and deal decisively with the dread Anathema. These Dynasts are on your heels, riding hard but not able to cover the distance as fast as one of Luna's Champions, but it will not be long before there is a full eight Dragon Blooded with a score of armed Immaculate Monks that will be there.

In the darkness of the night, a flicker of light can be seen just ahead. It is a Guild caravan consisting of a score of different wagons being pulled by both oxen and yeddim, set up for the night in a quick camp. Wren's keen eyes spot the campfires of the caravan and call out, "Fat Cat! I can see the caravan! It's just up ahead there. And even though it is the middle of the night, I can see that there is a crowd gathered outside the wagons. There may be a fight brewing, and we're missing it! Hustle up!"

What does Chonk do?

Grey Stone folded his arms and fixed a stony gaze upon Kerwin. "If you would like to talk, you can start by telling us where we can find our personal effects. You can also explain why you felt the need to capture us."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back