• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Into The Open Sky IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Jidath greets Pyke and Sasha, distracted from her lyre by the conversation between the two women. She's about to turn to Pyke (and recommend a song), which is when Captain Tempest walks in with... the High Academe? She stares at him with wide eyes. As a member of a lowly Viaduct school, Jidath had gotten her fair share of disdain from other scholars, but Cowlcape... he was proof that even the lowest could go quite high. She was faintly supportive of him, thugh she knew others who thought the position was unfairly given.

If he was behind this expidition, then success would without a doubt mean she'd have her place in Sanctaphrax back. Jidath grinned. This was exactly what she needed. Then the captain interjected, and Jidath's eyes widened for a different reasons. The world was falling? The world! Even if she hadn't been directly helping the High Academe, learning that was enough to motivate her.

"I'm definitely ready to join you," she says firmly, though she still looks faintly shocked. Jidath chances a glace at Cowlcape before looking back to the captain and giving a sharp nod.

Luna sat back, closing her eyes as she listens intently. It was a story for sure. Definitely a bad omen, like she had first thought. She was usually right about such things. If she was being perfectly honest, a lot of that went over her head, but she put together enough to know this was going to be chaotic, dangerous, and had a lot more consequences if she failed

"Sounds like you'll need someone good at repairing and management." Luna said with a slow smile, turning into a laugh as she took a drink. "I'm looking forward to it then, Captain." She says, then shrugs and leans back. "As if I'd back out just 'cuz it's an important mission n."

"200 Gold seems a little cheap for saving the world..." Lugg-Mag mumbled into his cup. "but...you've got yourself a gunner."

The circumstances of the world wasn't exactly at the top of Pyke's list of things he cared for. His goal was to leave the Edge behind and never look back. But a part of him felt guilty at the thought that so many people, even the people who would rather see him dead, were to suddenly fall out of the sky. He straightens in his sit and faces the captain.

"I suppose it would leave a bad taste in my mouth if I left the Edge to fall to its doom. That or it's this drink. Either way I want off the Edge. So I'll have to go along for the ride storm be damned. When do we depart captain?"

Marion eyed odd bunch gathered in front of her as they accepted the job. She was quite happy everyone accepted, though the last two did not sound as inclined to save the Edge. She needed anyone she could gather anyways.

"Great to hear." She said. "We will leave tomorrow at noon from dock 8A, so we have time to gather some supplies in the morning. You can now step forward one by one to explain your skills, sign the contract and receive the first 100 gp and a pair of safeguard gliders. Also, the 200 gp is simply what you get for the first part until we get back to Undertown. Any riches we find on our way or when we set off into the Open Sky are ours."

As people were ready to get up and started talking she hushed them. "One last thing. We don't want to cause a panic and going into the Open Sky is considered blasphemous by some, so it is of utmost importance that you speak of this with no one outside of this room."

Safeguard glides are a piece of worn equipment that looks a bit like leathery wings attached to your back. When you are falling you can use an action to open them and they will slow down your fall as if you had cast featherfall. They can break and they might come up quite often, so use them wisely.

dae mec dae mec When Jidath is about to walk out of the tavern, the Most High Academe comes up to her. He had been eying her for a while. "I know who you are and what you did. I know you must have had your reasons and this mission might be an opportunity to redeem yourself. Come find me in my office tomorrow morning so I can help you look for the right scrolls for your journey. And so we can talk some more." Then he walks out into the night.

In the morning Jidath actually brought herself to go up to his office, a makeshift office in the new Tower of Night on New Sanctaphrax. She is lingering there, deciding whether or not to go in.

Sherwood Sherwood Savanah made her way to the artisan district looking for some better armor. She finds a shop where a big coppertrog is working some ironwood. Next to him there is a nice set of splint armor hanging from the ceiling. It is simple, but as a wood troll you see the craftsmanship that is in it. The trog notices your admiration.

"She's a real beauty, isn't she?" At first you think he is talking about you, but he is clearly looking at the armor. "Are you interested in buying it?"

ValkyrieRose ValkyrieRose Luna had gotten up early, but the tanners district was already working in full. The stench of acid working on hammehorn hides reaches your nose. The slaughterers you see working in the pools look very unhealthy and quite depressing as well. You walk into one of the shops. The walls are lined with leather and hammelhorn hide products. You look through the products on display and find two products that interest you: studded leather armor for 45 gp and a hammelhorn hide jacket for 75 gp. The jacket is very soft when you caress it in the direction of the hairs, but as your hand moves up it pierces your finger. (Hammelhorn has an AC of 13 + dex and when you are grappled or grapple someone you deal 1d4 piercing damage per turn).

Alarmed by your hiss of pain an old slaughterer lady comes to you. "I'm sorry, happens to everyone, what can I help you with, my dear?"

Psychie Psychie Sasha had a different idea in mind, while the others were getting resources, you were getting a new tattoo. After walking around for a while you found the right shop. As she enters she sees a goblin looking at her with a huge distrust. He probably never gets fourthlings in his shop, only other goblins. "I already paid my dues, what more do you want?!" He asks angrily.

@Sherwood Savanah made her way to the artisan district looking for some better armor. She finds a shop where a big coppertrog is working some ironwood. Next to him there is a nice set of splint armor hanging from the ceiling. It is simple, but as a wood troll you see the craftsmanship that is in it. The trog notices your admiration.

"She's a real beauty, isn't she?" At first you think he is talking about you, but he is clearly looking at the armor. "Are you interested in buying it?"
Savanah nods in appreciation. Using her own skillful eye, she can tell that this is a quality suit of armor. "Nice. Very nice. And yes, if we can come to an agreement, I would definitely be interested. I have this suit of Chain that has kept me alive for many years, but I am hoping to upgrade. I have 100 gold in cash, plus the trade in value of my current suit. Is there anything you can do to work with me here?"

@Psychie Sasha had a different idea in mind, while the others were getting resources, you were getting a new tattoo. After walking around for a while you found the right shop. As she enters she sees a goblin looking at her with a huge distrust. He probably never gets fourthlings in his shop, only other goblins. "I already paid my dues, what more do you want?!" He asks angrily.
She shakes her head and holds her hands out in a disarming gesture. "No, sir, you have me confused. I am looking for someone to provide me with more of my distinctive artwork, and I have been told that you are just the man to do the trick." Sasha pulls down the edge of her robe to show the one tattoo she currently has. "As you can see, I like my art."

Savanah nods in appreciation. Using her own skillful eye, she can tell that this is a quality suit of armor. "Nice. Very nice. And yes, if we can come to an agreement, I would definitely be interested. I have this suit of Chain that has kept me alive for many years, but I am hoping to upgrade. I have 100 gold in cash, plus the trade in value of my current suit. Is there anything you can do to work with me here?"

"Hmmm ... Hmmm ..." The was thinking so hard he was actually grunting. He clearly did not really want to give it away so easily. "You look like a strong troll. I am getting a shipment of ironwood today, but I don't have much time to actually get it. If you fetch it for me, I will agree to your terms."

She shakes her head and holds her hands out in a disarming gesture. "No, sir, you have me confused. I am looking for someone to provide me with more of my distinctive artwork, and I have been told that you are just the man to do the trick." Sasha pulls down the edge of her robe to show the one tattoo she currently has. "As you can see, I like my art."

The goblin hobbled over to examine the tattoo. He pinched and stretched your skin without your permission. He murmured some things under his breath. "Shoddy work, clearly not done by a professional goblin. I can do much better. What kind of tattoo do you want?"

Luna looks to the worker and shakes her head. "No No it's okay, I'm often told my curiosity gets the better of me. Kills cats and all of that." She says, looking at the pricky set of armor. "I was actually looking for a good set of light armor. Durable for a long trip. This definitely looks like it'll do." She says, pulling out the coin. "Is there anything I need to know about it's matinence?"

Luna looks to the worker and shakes her head. "No No it's okay, I'm often told my curiosity gets the better of me. Kills cats and all of that." She says, looking at the pricky set of armor. "I was actually looking for a good set of light armor. Durable for a long trip. This definitely looks like it'll do." She says, pulling out the coin. "Is there anything I need to know about it's matinence?"
"It sure is nice and durable. Good that you ask about it. I like thinking my old Moogsie is in good hands. She likes being caressed often and you might also want to talk to her in a soothing voice. You could use some fat balm to impregnate it against rain. I have some for you if you would like."

"Yes please." Luna says, looking at it. "So you used to wear this then? Did you used to go on adventures too?" She asis, putting up money for the balm as well.

"Hmmm ... Hmmm ..." The was thinking so hard he was actually grunting. He clearly did not really want to give it away so easily. "You look like a strong troll. I am getting a shipment of ironwood today, but I don't have much time to actually get it. If you fetch it for me, I will agree to your terms."
Savanah does her best to contain herself, but inside, she's doing cartwheels and cheering. A suit of armor for the cost of having to give up my old chain, and to get some ironwood and 100 gold? Done deal! She nods in agreement, saying, "It sounds reasonable to me. I will pay my 100 gold, let you measure me to make the needed adjustments, and while you are doing that, I can get your ironwood. Just give me the details and what I'll need to pick up your order, and I'll make it so." She offers up her hand to shake on it to seal the deal.

The goblin hobbled over to examine the tattoo. He pinched and stretched your skin without your permission. He murmured some things under his breath. "Shoddy work, clearly not done by a professional goblin. I can do much better. What kind of tattoo do you want?"
Sasha feels slightly offended for her fellow sisters at the monastery. "Well, the sisters did the best job that they could; we are not all artists, after all. What I would like, if possible, is a design of a dragon, flowing across the other side of my chest, opposite of this one. I just hope that I can keep my skin in one piece to help keep your work looking good."

She pauses for a moment, suddenly remembering what was said when she first approached the goblin. "Wait. What you said before, are you being shaken down for protection money? I might be able to help out with that, if you are willing to tell me about it."

"Yes please." Luna says, looking at it. "So you used to wear this then? Did you used to go on adventures too?" She asis, putting up money for the balm as well.

Her gaze saddens as she moves behind the counter to look for the balm. "Oh no, the only adventure I ever went on was coming here with my family. The journey was very hard and we barely had any money when we got here. Moogsie was my most trusted hammelhorn of the herd. We had to sell all of them when we got here so we could set up our shop. So you take good care of my Moogsie now. This will be 80 gold pieces all together. Would you like me to impregnate it for you?"

Savanah does her best to contain herself, but inside, she's doing cartwheels and cheering. A suit of armor for the cost of having to give up my old chain, and to get some ironwood and 100 gold? Done deal! She nods in agreement, saying, "It sounds reasonable to me. I will pay my 100 gold, let you measure me to make the needed adjustments, and while you are doing that, I can get your ironwood. Just give me the details and what I'll need to pick up your order, and I'll make it so." She offers up her hand to shake on it to seal the deal.

The trog shakes your hand and hands you the receipt to get the shipment with. You make you way back to the docks with little trouble. When you find the right dock, you find something unexpected. The ship is in tatters, most ornaments are hacked off with an axe and you to your horror you see that the ship isn't hovering like it normally would, but is lying on the ground. This cannot be a good sign. What do you do?

Sasha feels slightly offended for her fellow sisters at the monastery. "Well, the sisters did the best job that they could; we are not all artists, after all. What I would like, if possible, is a design of a dragon, flowing across the other side of my chest, opposite of this one. I just hope that I can keep my skin in one piece to help keep your work looking good."

She pauses for a moment, suddenly remembering what was said when she first approached the goblin. "Wait. What you said before, are you being shaken down for protection money? I might be able to help out with that, if you are willing to tell me about it."

The goblin gestures you to lie down on the seat and gets to work. The bloodoak ink he uses burns your skin, but you know it will be worth the special properties you will be getting from it. While he is working the goblin talks.

"Protection?! Ha, I wish. No, I was talking about the taxes I have to pay to those Leeching Leaguesman to even be allowed to operate. They are sucking me dry and I barely get anything in return. I am so powerless against them and so are you. Unless you are affiliated with them. Are you." He takes up his pen and looks you in your eye with a blazing hatred.

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble After the meeting Marion had requested Pyke and Lugg-mag to get food and water for the trip. You suspect that is was a test of hers to see if she could trust you, so you begrudgingly accepted. You and Lugg-mag agreed to meet up at 9 in the morning at the docks, but the goblin was late, as you expected.

You see quite some sky pirates standing around looking desperately for a job. You overhear something about their sky ship falling down and them considering to look for a job that is not based on flight. Maybe you can con them out of some goods?

Last edited:
The trog shakes your hand and hands you the receipt to get the shipment with. You make you way back to the docks with little trouble. When you find the right dock, you find something unexpected. The ship is in tatters, most ornaments are hacked off with an axe and you to your horror you see that the ship isn't hovering like it normally would, but is lying on the ground. This cannot be a good sign. What do you do?
Savanah frowns, pausing to take in the damage done to the ship. Well, I won't get my armor by just standing here. Best be on my way. She heads up to the dock with the once-floating ship and calls out, "Hello the ship! Permission to come aboard?"

Pyke, assuming their fourthling form, takes notice of the sky pirates plight. Seems like what the captain was talking about wasn't just a really good pitch to build a crew. That's one way to gain perspective. He thought. He makes his way to a group of sky pirates to inquire about the situation.

"Hello there gentlemen. You all seem to be out of sorts. What happened?"

The goblin gestures you to lie down on the seat and gets to work. The bloodoak ink he uses burns your skin, but you know it will be worth the special properties you will be getting from it. While he is working the goblin talks.

"Protection?! Ha, I wish. No, I was talking about the taxes I have to pay to those Leeching Leaguesman to even be allowed to operate. They are sucking me dry and I barely get anything in return. I am so powerless against them and so are you. Unless you are affiliated with them. Are you." He takes up his pen and looks you in your eye with a blazing hatred.
Sasha winces in pain as needle beings to pierce her skin, but she manages to hold still as the goblin works. She feels faintly disappointed that there is nothing that she can do to aid the man. "No no no. I am a traveler that just signed on to a ship, and I'm treating myself to this tattoo before we set out on our run tomorrow. I am sorry that there is nothing that I can help you with, other than providing you with some business right now. I will make sure to spread your name about to give you some extra word of mouth advertisement about your business, though!"

Savanah frowns, pausing to take in the damage done to the ship. Well, I won't get my armor by just standing here. Best be on my way. She heads up to the dock with the once-floating ship and calls out, "Hello the ship! Permission to come aboard?"

"Permission granted." You hear someone say. As you enter you see the entire ship has been stripped down to only the essentials. You follow the voice that called out to you and find your way to the flight stone. You see the stone pilot desperately trying to hold together the stone itself which is crumbling down in front of your eyes. "Oh no,my flight stone! I can't stop this. How is this happening?!"

Pyke, assuming their fourthling form, takes notice of the sky pirates plight. Seems like what the captain was talking about wasn't just a really good pitch to build a crew. That's one way to gain perspective. He thought. He makes his way to a group of sky pirates to inquire about the situation.

"Hello there gentlemen. You all seem to be out of sorts. What happened?"

"We were shipping a big shipment of ironwood from the deepwoods when our flight ship ... " He seemed lost in thought and you notice his eyes glaze over. "When our ship ... When we ... We crashed, didn't we? Why did we crash again?" He looked towards his men, but none of them chimed in, they all seemed very awkward, not knowing why. "Anyways, I don't have enough funds to make another journey, so our pirating days are probably over."

Sasha winces in pain as needle beings to pierce her skin, but she manages to hold still as the goblin works. She feels faintly disappointed that there is nothing that she can do to aid the man. "No no no. I am a traveler that just signed on to a ship, and I'm treating myself to this tattoo before we set out on our run tomorrow. I am sorry that there is nothing that I can help you with, other than providing you with some business right now. I will make sure to spread your name about to give you some extra word of mouth advertisement about your business, though!"

The Goblin grumbled, but seemed convinced and satisfied. He gets back to working on the tattoo.

Last edited:
Pyke could only nod as the man explained his situation. When he learned of the ship outright crashing that was definitely something to consider. "I'm very sorry to hear that sir. It's good to know you and your crew are alright given the circumstances. Did you crash far from here?"

Pyke could only nod as the man explained his situation. When he learned of the ship outright crashing that was definitely something to consider. "I'm very sorry to hear that sir. It's good to know you and your crew are alright given the circumstances. Did you crash far from here?"
"Wait, what crash are we talking about again?" He turned to his men, ignoring your question. "We should probably sell some goods so we can start a new business, aye?"

Pyke was taken aback as the man asked what crash they were talking about. Was this due to the crash? Regardless of the reason, Pyke knew one thing: A desperate man trying to start a new business is an easy mark. "Well then allow me to be your first customer. What do you have to trade? I'm in the market for a spyglass. You wouldn't happen to have one on you would you?"

"Permission granted." You hear someone say. As you enter you see the entire ship has been stripped down to only the essentials. You follow the voice that called out to you and find your way to the flight stone. You see the stone pilot desperately trying to hold together the stone itself which is crumbling down in front of your eyes. "Oh no,my flight stone! I can't stop this. How is this happening?!"
Savanah is shocked to see the flight stone crumbling as they watch. What the captain said is true. If we can't stop this, what will happen to us all? She then says, "Uh, this may be a bad time, but I'm here to pick up a supply of Ironwod." She shows the receipt that she has from the armorer, hoping that things will work out.

Pyke was taken aback as the man asked what crash they were talking about. Was this due to the crash? Regardless of the reason, Pyke knew one thing: A desperate man trying to start a new business is an easy mark. "Well then allow me to be your first customer. What do you have to trade? I'm in the market for a spyglass. You wouldn't happen to have one on you would you?"

"Of course I have a spyglass. What would a sky pirate be without one?! Though I'm not a sky pirate anymore of course. What are you offering for it?"

Savanah is shocked to see the flight stone crumbling as they watch. What the captain said is true. If we can't stop this, what will happen to us all? She then says, "Uh, this may be a bad time, but I'm here to pick up a supply of Ironwod." She shows the receipt that she has from the armorer, hoping that things will work out.

"Oh right. We had to toss out most of it to be able to even get here, but we need all the money we can get for repairs. Its in the hull. If you give me the receipt, you-" but before he can finish his sentence he drops to the floor. A dart protrudes from his neck. You check for his pulse, but you find none, he is dead.

Savanah looks around trying to trace where the darts came from. She sees no guards or people in general, which is just the way pirates like there docs. She does however see a person in a black gown with hood running away, they were probably the one behind the assassination.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back