• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

'Yup, he did. It' s the title quote of a book called Six Of Crows. It's alternative fantasy, with a bunch of outcasts as the main characters, a Mission Impossible style heist and magic" Chas nodded, giving a brief explanation of the book. He had made the connection to the quote instantly.

John listened to her theory, it was far fetched, crazy sounding, and had it not been his life she was talking about he would have dismissed it. Even though it was based on coincidence, he couldn't help feel that there was something to it. In his mind there was no such thing as a coincidence. But it did make sense- the choice of quote, the timing, the forewarning of things to come, the reticence of Mask to explain anything.

"So I might have a time travelling grandkid? Bloody hell! That's so crazy it could be true" Even as he said it, putting it so bluntly like that, he knew it sounded crazy. "I'm not giving my judgement until I actually mett this person. But if Elliott does make it through all this, then why is he/she/it here?" Chas asked "time travellers have reasons, what is theirs?"

Kay made a mental note to read the book when Chas have a brief description of it.

She listened to John's reaction then looked at Chas when he gave his two cents. Both of them made valid opinions she thought, but she couldn't see them coming up with anything else.

"Of course I could be completely wrong but it all lines up. It's Hella crazy yeah, but it's the only plausible theory I have." She replied, she then went on, "that Chas I don't know. But this person seemed easily hitting adulthood from build and height and tone of voice. They refused to let John help me, insisting on saving my life themselves. I mean sure... Didn't do a fantastic job and John still had to save my life but that's not the point. If they were say in their late teens, early twenties for example... And hinted they were told before arriving we'd be hard asses on them? I'm having hope that Elliott makes it. If of course, John doesn't kill him for doing this insane plan" she explained, ending it with a smirk.

"Maybe that's why they've come back. To stop John from killing Elliott" Chas smirked, attempting to use dark humour to lighten the situation. "Ha, ha, ha" John grumbled sarcastically, but good naturedly. "You're not as funny as you think you are Chas." The cabbie just grinned from his spot on the crates

"I'm guessing that as soon as this Mask person shows up again, you'll try and weasel everything out of them? Along with anybody else you think might know something about what's going on." "Yup, that sounds like my kinda plan." John agreed. He then looked at Kay "any more insight into this pile of crap that has been the past few hours?"

John may have laughed sarcastically, but it did make Kay laugh genuinely. "Well he makes me laugh!" She chimed in, backing Chas up before he spoke seriously yet again. She nodded in agreement to both of them said. That was exactly what they discussed at The House.

She looked at him back when he asked her if she had any insight or ideas. "Hmm let's see, the masked individual saved me from dying from an iron blade, then you saved me from access iron in my side, we clearly know Elliott planned all this, we think you're gonna be a granddad which would suggest we'll succeed in saving Elliott....nope! That's about it!" She summarised, grinning at him finding it hysterical she can now use the granddad line over his head to torment him now. Not thinking that technically that would make her the grandmother, as she considers Elliott hers too due to the bond between her and John.

"At this stage, I'm not even very surprised by all this stuff that's happened" Chas sighed, deciding not to point out the whole grandmother thing, which he had realised too. He stood up, tucking the phone and USB away. "right then, I'm off to learn how to fly this thing properly." He slapped a hand off the wall of the ship "Wish me luck." He grinned, clearly looking forwards to learning.

"Don't crash this thing into an asteroid and kill us mate, we have a planet to get to." John smirked from his crate. Chas snorted "Says you. We both know how shit your driving skills are like when on a vehicle that isn't a bike or at a push, a high powered speedboat" as he climbed upwards into the cockpit. John gave him the finger for that, before turning towards Kay. She hadn't yet addressed the whole Elliott is an alien thing, but he had explained it pretty well to the League.

She smiled at Chas getting up to learn how to fly the ship. Kay kept out of their banter regarding driving skills. That was one area she was not going to go into for her own sanity.

She turned to John. Back, getting up and sitting closer as she felt too far away for a proper conversation. Even though the truth was, she wasn't that far. She was still comprehending the whole Elliott is an alien thing but considering Jay said she was a while ago, she guessed Elliott was too and it didn't phase her or make her think of Elliott any differently.

"Before you ask, Elliott's identity as an alien doesn't phase me. He's still our Elliott. I'd be a hypocrite to think any different when I'm a fricking fire bird in a human body" she told him with a smile. "It is what it is. And if I hadn't figured that out by now then I'd be the dumbest person alive." She added.

John was relieved at that, sure there wasn't anything he could do if Kay wasn't okay with it. It's not like Elliott could simply change himself into a human through sheer will power. As Kay said, it is how it is. "That means a lot to hear. He's not defined by his race, and nor should he be. Sure, it is because of his race that he has some of his abilities, his people are gifted with powers, but also incredibly advanced technology wise. But he shouldn't be categorised because of that. People, and animals aren't meant to be categorised by each other, no matter how 'civilised' they claim to be."

"And nows probably a good time for a heads up. Elliott's race have a kind of tribal and monarchic ruling system. But it is the elders of his race who are ridiculously magic racist. They basically call the shots on everything, so we'll be taking a lot of shit from them. And there's one in particular to avoid at all costs. A guy by the name of Zann'Pak'Lott"
His voice was filled with hatred at the name.

Kay listened to him, taking his hand in the process. She didn't reply until he was completely done talking. She agreed, Elliott shouldn't be defined by his race or abilities or anything else. He's an incredible person with amazing talents outside of his abilities and means the world to John. That's what is important.

"I agree with you wholeheartedly. No one should be categorised by their race, gender, sexuality, hair colour whatever. If they're a good person they're good, if they're shit? They're shit. End of. I've always loved by that motto. It's how I was brought up. You accept me for who I am, and I fully accept Elliott for who he is." She replied.

"As for the other stuff? I'll keep it in mind greatly. Ill tread carefully and won't do anything will jeopardize what we're out to do. Elliott is all that matters right now. He's our boy and we HAVE to bring him home" she told him honestly, fully aware of what she just said. "I love you both John. I won't give up on either of you" she said once more, before taking herself aback when she said the L word.

John would have explained more, if it was needed. Doing that would probably have resulted in him giving a lecture containing almost everything he knew about Elliott's home planet, encapsulating the entire government of Attil, their customs, their technology and their warrior traditions. But that was unnecessary, she got the message. There would be plenty more time for explaining that kind of stuff, it would take them a long while to get to Attil, even in this ship.

"I'll jeopardise us enough to compensate for everyone"
was the remark he was going to snark back, but it died before it even got to his mouth at Kay's final remark. Well shit. He knew that was what the bond would bring them to, but he had no idea it would happen so soon. Maybe it had slipped out from her by accident? He couldn't respond to that, not at this moment in time, not with all the crap going on around him. So he did the next best thing, composed himself and continued "I'm not going to give up on him either, even if it means starting a war over him. And neither of the two up there are going to either" he gestured to the cockpit "we all care about the idiot."

Kay was glad he decided to ignore what came out her mouth. She felt so stupid for letting it slip out so casually. Sure, her feelings were growing at a rapid pace, quicker than she could keep up with and quite frankly, it terrified her. It scared her alot. Yet she said it before even she could stop it.

She wondered if she could just pass it off as a platonic family thing for the instance it was said in but she doubted John would believe her. She barely believed her, though it was true in the subject of Elliott. She glanced up at the cockpit when he gestured toward it to include Chas and Jay. "He's family to all of us and family...TRUE family? They don't give up on each other." She replied.

Thankfully Kay didn't backtrack or try to make things any more awkward. He had no idea how to process everything going on between them. And it didn't help that he had so much else going on. Plus the fact that he spent most of his time trying to deny that he even possesed emotions or any good traits.

He agreed with her on the fact about family sticking together. He'd seen it in action so many times over this past while. "Nope, they don't, even if it means putting Chas behind the wheel?...controller?...console? Whatever the correct term is for a spaceship."

She knew he'd be thankful for her not trying to backtrack. She learned that lesson when she tried back when she first told him she cares for him after her panic attack and he injected her with adrenaline. She also didn't want let Elliott down from her recording when he said about not pushing anything onto John.

She couldn't help but chuckle at his comment about Chas. "Better him than you or I though." She replied to him. She gave his hand a squeeze before letting go. "We just gotta keep hold of that possibility that my theory is correct and we'll get a win of some kind." She said, putting confidence in her tone.

He nodded, really not wanting to think about the possibility of losing Elliott. What he'd said to the League had been true, Elliott would most likely face the death penalty. He knew that if Elliott was to die, he would tumble over a dark edge, and wouldn't come back out for years. Just like with Ravenscar and Astra. But worse, the pain he would feel from loosing Elliott would destroy him completly.

"I want to believe you're right and that I'm not going to lose another" he nearly said kid, but stopped himself in time "person I care about. But until I can get a face to face explanation, then there will always be a doubt."

She listened to him and his words cut her deep because she knew what he said is true. She remembered that night he told her about Ravenscar, she knew if he lost Elliott he would crumble into the darkest depths and find it hard to come back out on top.

She pulled him in once more, this time properly and placed one hand on his head, kissing the top of his head seconds later. "I will keep hope enough for the both of us if it comes to it. We will fight to get a face to face explanation, I swear to you. I will also be by your side through every step of the way. But I won't push you too far either. I know it's gonna be hard John, but I'm gonna do my damnest to not have you lose someone else." She told him. Her tone not being the usual sweet comforting tone, but a strong, mature comforting tone that made her sound older than her years.

"Even if something happens that tips you over I will still be there for you and leave. For better or worse.. just like our bond dictates" she thought to herself.

Kay's words struck a chord, as they always did. Presumably it was their bond interfering, making everything between them stronger than it already was. But at that moment the support was appreciated. "And I'll do whatever it takes." he replied, already trying to figure out how many of Elliott's people he'd have to punch in order to get his point across.

It was at that moment that they ship violently lurched out of control, roling sideways doing almost a complete barrel roll and sending John and Kay flying across the lower level. They were the only things to do so, everything else had been thoughtfully strapped down. It regained stability quickly enough and a moment of so later Chas sheepsishly called down "my bad!". It was accompanied by muffled laughter from Jay

Kay hoped he took her words seriously and to heart like she intended. She got the feeling he did and that he knew she meant every single word. That by now, he'd know she wouldn't say something if she didn't mean it wholeheartedly. It was getting to the point she was pretty sure it's impossible to lie to John. She smiled when he said he'd do everything it took as well as that was the John she loved so much.

When the ship lurched violently and sent them flying she couldn't help but yelp in surprise, she was never the most elegant of people to start with as John found out when she fell off the sofa, so this was no different. She fell straight ontop of him with a thud. "Again Kay! Of all the bloody times to not be in jeans!!" she thought cursed to herself. Her hair was a mess and all over her face. She heard Chas call down the confirmation it was his fault and she just started chuckling. "I take back that previous statement that it's better to be him than us" she told John.

John smirked upwards (even though Chas couldn't see him) "what was that about dissing my driving skills Chas?" The smirk was visible in his voice as he yelled from his position underneath on Kay (which he had made no attempt to move from.) Cue more laughter from Jay, full of genuine amusement.

"Says the guy who didn't even pass a theory test, let alone the actual driving exam." He shot back, regaining control of the ship, now that he had a better feel for the controls. "I'd like to see you try this and not fail at it." "Hell no! My ship, my rules. And besides, I'd like to arrive alive, not deep fried."

Kay laughed at John's little quip towards Chas. She even liked hearing Jay laugh as she was pretty sure she hadn't heard anything that wasn't a serious tone come out of her mouth until now. She was also impressed by Chas' response to John, glancing at him briefly. Even she managed to pass her theory and driving test. But then again, living in America most of her life, she didn't exactly have a choice in the matter. If you went to school and didn't drive over there you'd be ripped to shit for it. Driving was as important as breathing over there.

"Aye aye Captain Danvers!" Kay called up, not resisting a MCU reference. When she came to think about it, she was surprised it took her this long to make such a reference. She then realised she was still ontop of John but he had made no effort to change the situation. "Guess I should get off of you and let you get up" she said in a lower tone so only he could hear. She did not need Chas ripping into them both about their current position.

"Danvers is badass and all, but I'm more of a Hawkeye/Hawkguy kinda person." Jay commented from above, referencing her favourite comic duo. Only Chas could see it, but she was smiling and actually sounding like a normal person for once.

John smirked at Kay's lowered tone comment. "I guess you should." he replied quietly, before leaning upwards and kissing her forehead, before getting himself out from underneath her in one movement.

Kay had to smirk at what Jay said. Hawkeye was one of her favourites as well, and she was surprised she found something in common with Jay. "Jay you are now officially cool in my eyes! Finally nice to meet a fellow Hawkeye fan!" She called out.

When John smirked at her comment then kissed her forehead she smiled as she too stood up by rolling back onto the flats of her feet and standing up. She was glad her hair was a mess because it gave her an excuse to hide from the tiniest blush that he created in her cheeks. She was so used to being the first one to kiss him in any manner, it still took her by surprise every now and when when he made the first move.

"Good to know that it's not my fighter pilot skills, my staff fighting skills, general ability to beat the crap out of people, card tricks or my hacking skills, but my choice of comic book character that makes me cool." there was a smirk in her voice, but no malice. She was more relaxed around the three of them than before. Maybe it was because spaceships were her home turf, or maybe it was because she knew that they were all in it together and annoying each other would get them nowhere fast.

John reached a hand into his pocket to confirm that, yes, the drive was still in there, as was the iron fragment. Pulling out a strip of leather he just happened to have lying around, he threaded it through the drive and hung it around his neck, tucking it under his shirt.

Kay laughed at Jay's reply to her comment. Sure, Kay always thought she was pretty cool and insanely talented but right now she needed a split moment of normality of saying jay is now considered cool due to her choice of comic book character.

She had her usb drive zipped in her own jacket pocket. She rarely used her pockets so she knew it'd be safe in there. The slight blush she had, had now faded and she managed to use her fingers to tidy her hair up so it didn't become a knotted mess. She glanced over at John just as he hung the usb drive round his neck and tucked it inside his shirt and smiled slightly at the action.

She sat back down on a crate for a moment and stretched her legs forward, feet pointed in too perfect a way for an average person. A subtle clue to another secret about herself she hadn't ever disclosed to anyone... Not even her adoptive family. Relaxing her legs, she stretched her arms up, a joint making a small subtle popping sound, much to her satisfaction.

Jay continued teaching Chas, who was proving either a natural or an extremely fast learner. It was too early to say which it was. In order to make the whole thing more challenging, she started teaching him basic Attili. That had mixed success, and resulted in some sentences so mangled that Jay nearly fell out of the cockpit with laughter.

John settled himself on another crate and started going through the contents of his pockets. He was doing the pocket purge he had been procrastinating for months now. There was some strange stuff pulled out, and so much of it that it wouldn't have been surprising if the pockets were magical. He also took the time to repair the minor damages to the coat, using magic to restore the fabric where any burns or tears had been. He hand sewed the rips closed in surprisingly neat stitching.

Kay could just about hear the laughter coming from up top in the cockpit and it made her smile to herself. At least two of them could have a laugh in this situation still. With a sigh of relief from her stretch, she glanced over at John to see what he was doing.

"I swear your pockets are like Mary Poppins carpet bag sometimes" she commented with a deadpan expression. Her tone a slight giveaway she wasn't as deadpan as her expression would suggest. Seeing him hand see some of the areas she was impressed. Not many blokes she met were any good with a needle and thread. Then she spotted the iron shard... "Gotta ask...what made you keep the shard that was stuck in me? I'm curious" she asked him, no malice in her tone but genuine curiosity.

He shrugged "I don't really know." his concentration was split between coat repairs and talking to Kay. Whoever said men couldn't multi-task clearly hadn't met John. "It's a reminder in a way, it's like how an old friend of mine has a necklace made from all the bullets that ever got stuck in him. Plus it is almost of the right length for a slim line blade. It's easily concealable and would make quick work of any bindings. It's effective against certain Downworlders as well as humans and aliens."

He tied off the thread and carefully cut it off using the shard, as if to illustrate his point. "Pity I don't know any bladesmiths."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back