• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay pulled away scanning his face for any kind of emotion. She saw the shock on his face along with other feelings. She knew she'd have to brush it off as something different.

"You were rambling...figured that was the quickest way to stop you" she said, putting on the tone as if it was nothing and meant nothing. "You bloody idiot Kay!" She thought to herself. "It was nothing" she added to John, turning her back to him whilst she mentally kicked herself over and over. She knew nothing would come of it, she just wanted SOMETHING for that split moment. She figured if she made that action happen then she couldn't hurt herself too much emotionally. She was so conflicted in her thoughts.

Sighing she turned back round to him slowly, looking up at him.

Yeah fucking right, he snorted internally. It had meant something to her all right, that he was in no doubt about. Maybe it had even meant something to him too. But it would be hidden so deep under the dark sludge of the murky, light starved pond that was his life. But repressing almost everything was just how John did stuff.

He sighed, and tipped his head back against the wall. Kay probably deserved an explanation as to why he was so fucked up. But was now really a good moment? Was any time ever really a good time?

Kay sighed, she truly like she fucked up now. She leaned against the wall opposite him. "I'm sorry okay... I know you don't do normality and feelings and I shouldn't have just kissed you like that. I was just starving for something not fucked up for just the tiniest moment." It was now Kay who was rambling.

Her hands expressing as she rambling, whilst she barely looked at him. "I don't want to fuck up our sort of weird twisted messed up friendship we have going on and I don't want to be cause of any pain to you" her rambling wouldn't stop. She needed SOMETHING from him.... anything.

What she said made sense to John. Far too much sense. It was like listening to himself speak, and that probably showed in the expression on his face. But the idea that she could fuck up his life up his life and cause him more pain than he was already in made him smile. Somehow.

"I get that, I really do. But my life is a mess, far more than you know. Everyone who comes near me dies, even the immortal ones. And I don't want to go through the mess of loosung people I care about again." Mentally he was running through the names in his head. There were far too many.

Kay listened to him. She sort of got what he was saying and sort of didn't. Looking at his face though, she knew he understood where she was coming from too and that was a relief to her. In some weird way.

"I know you'll say yet again that you won't talk about it. But I kind of wish you would John. I know my life hasn't been as bad as yours but it's been no picnic either. I would never underestimate or trivialise your past. So I hope you realise that." She said back to him, looking at him in the eyes. She truly felt she was getting somewhere with him.

Then it dawned on her what he said at the end, "wait...so does that mean you care about me?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

Ugh, she just didn't get it. He was going to have to explain in some shape or form. Maybe she would finally understand exactly what he meant. "If you're really that interested in the life of John Constantine, then lets start with the family and frirnds who died because of me then." His voice was hard as he began to tick them off on his hands, doing his best to go in chronological order.

"My tw.... my brother" his twin to be precise, who he strangled in the womb. "my mother, my father, Nick, Jazzie, the Newcastle crew all seven of them, except Chas...... you might as well add Astra to the list" His face went even more emotionally complicated than usual (quite a feat for John) when he said the name Astra.

"Then after that calamity you have Livvie, Zed, Jim, Marie........ Earth 2 John Constantine the handsome bastard himself..... Maureen, Sinja, Xav, Lucas, Mark, the other Gary. Throw in Chas the first time he died of course, hell even Zee can put on the bloody list. These people, that's without even getting into alternate timelines or the people who weren't my friends but died anyway. Add them and it's easily anywhere between four and six hundred." He ignored Kay's question, not wanting to get into that.

Kay listened to him list all the people. Her heart actually broke for him. He blamed himself for so many people when some probably weren't even his fault she thought. "Oh John..." She said, her voice full of sympathy and sadness for him. His choice to ignore the question about whether he cared for her or not didn't go unnoticed to Kay. "I am SO sorry for everything. I really am" she began to say to him.

"I cannot begin to truly understand how that must make you feel. And I'm not going to try because it'd be impossible to do. But know this....really truly know this..." She said, walking up close to him, making him look at her. "You may think that all that is the only thing that people should judge you on but it isn't. You do alot of good as well and despite all that, you STILL chose to save me that night, you still CHOSE to come after me tonight. There IS good in you John. Despite what you may think." She explained.

"That's why I choose to stick around. If I have to keep reminding you of this then so bloody be it. I may have come across as a weak damsel in distress tonight but I will fight tooth and nail to remind you of the good sides to you. And yes, I'm aware you will probably hate me for saying all of this but I do care about you John. I don't care if you'll fight me on any of this, I'm gonna always be there to kick your butt." She smiled but there was a serious tone to her voice. "I care about you and I feel like if you could just admit it to yourself, you'd admit to caring about me too...in whatever way you want to decifer that." She said once more.

"And anyway, you said it so yourself, you're a handsome bastard. You gotta expect people to wanna kiss you" she tried to end it on a lighter note.

Pity and sadness. The two emotions, he hated seeing in people, espescially when it came to him. He didn't need or want people's sympathy. He'd survived just fine without it for most of his life. He crossed his arms when he saw it in her eyes, his body language becomming defensive and more withdrawn.

He could have come back with some retort about how he didn't want to be fixing everybody's problems, that he didn't want to be responsible for the fate of humanity, but he didn't. If he started that discussion it would take a serious amount of effort to get him to stop. He knew that if he wanted to, maybehe could be a good person, but what's the point? As Lucifer himself (the swish bastard himself) had once said to John. "the world needs the tricky bastard, the one who'll break the rules, stir up trouble, and defy the so called heroes and sow chaos in order to get their way. At the end of the day, the bastard comes up trumps."

He was right, she did care about him. She must be totally off her scone or something. Maybe she had finally snapped after the kidnapping. But the more likely explanation was that he was the crazy one. But the idea she could kick his ass made him smirk internally. She had no idea what he was capable of.

He took the bait at her attempt to loghten the situation. "Well I am probabaly the only guy fucked up enough to ever kiss an alternate earth version of myself. Now he was a handsome bastard." He probably din't even want to know what was going through her head when he said that.

She noticed him becoming withdrawn and she knew she said something wrong. Sure, she didn't know what he could be fully capable of but she didn't care. She still wanted to prove to him that she was different. Hell, he'd no doubt would have heard that all before which is why she didn't say it out loud.

When he took the bait of her trying to lighten the mood she did not expect that to be his reply and she laughed whilst looking at him with a raised eyebrow. A mannerism that was now evident of being a habit almost default response for her.

"O..Kay then! That is a weird story i sickly want to know more of. But that can wait for another day." She replied with. It still didn't stop her from feeling the way she did about him. She knew she just be insane for caring so much about him but it didn't matter what she did to stop herself from caring about him these last few weeks, she still kept falling for him.

"I guess I'm a fucked up individual for still finding you stupidly good looking and a total turn on despite all that then" she commented in a blunt manner.

"Everyone is fucked up in their own way. The world'ld be an extrmely boring if we were all normal." It sounded almost like some kind of divine wisdom coming from John's mouth. He wasn't going to do that whole shenanigans of "oh you're not at all fucked up, don't beat youself up over this." that other people might do in this situation. As Kay had so astutely said, that wasn't his style at all.

That was one thing Kay could agree on. "I couldn't agree more with that" she said. It was true after all. The world would be absolutely boring if everyone was normal or the same. The world needs fucked up people to make it interesting.

She was glad he wasn't the type to spout cliche shit at her. She thought if he did she'd probably have tried to slap him back into reality. Chances are, she'd have failed to slap him but that wouldn't have stopped her from trying.

She ran her hands through her hair before holding her hands on her shoulders. "I'm glad we can talk like this John. Hope you won't hold it against me too much for admitting I like you so much? I won't push it onto you ever. I'm not gonna lie, if there was so much as an inkling you'd return anything towards me I'd take it but I'll leave the ball in your court. Even if I am a smidge jealous your other self got a taste of you and I haven't" She told him with a cheeky smirk and wink.

He was glad that Kay was taking things pretty well. He really didn't want to deal with awkwardness, espescially considering what was coming up. At the thought of the anniversary, something unreadable flickered through his icy eyes for the briefest instant. Which reminded him, he really should get back to Elliott.

"I'm gonna go back in there, hell only knows what crazy shit my kid has managed to do in these past few minutes" Another one of his quirks was showing. John never said Heaven, it was always hell, or even hells.

When he said about Elliott she remembered that they were still where they were and they probably should head back inside. "Right...I'll come in with you, if you want me there" she said.

If he didn't she'd go despite just previously having a complete meltdown for being on her own. She did care about Elliott too but in a different way and she did want to show her support. She had noticed he'd always say hell but she thought nothing of it as she did the same alot of the time. She knew a few people who would say that word instead of anything else so she didn't think anything of it.

Loaded question, there was no way for him to answer it properly "You'd probably just go anyway" he responded, pushing himself away from the wall. A smirk spread onto his face. "I was promised seeing him getting his ass trashed, and there is no way I am going to miss that. He's a damn good fighter, so I'm wondering what she's got on him."

Back in the room Elliott had, by some miracle managed to get Jay into a choke hold with the staff. But that wasn't going to last. She threw her staff upwards, flipped back, around and out of the chokehold. She grabbed the stick in mid air and landed in a crouch a bit away from Elliott

Kay faked being offended with a gasp and putting her hand on her chest. "I'm offended!!" She sarcastically said before laughing. "Look, if you want me gone I'll go" she told him honestly. "But believe it or not I give a shit about Elliott too as a friend." She told him.

She was curious to know how Elliott was getting on but she cared more about whether she's overstepping her place right now. "Like I said. Balls in your court" she added.

John muttered something that sounded like bloody syncronity before nodding "Hell knows he needs it. Espescially this time of year." He wasn't going to get into that whole debacle, so he deflected to another subject "come on then. Let's go back"

He walked off towards the arena again. The two were once again facing off, sticks flying and clashing, Jay slowly but surely driving Elliott towards the back wall. There was sweat beginning to run down the sides of the faces and the backs of their shirts. They wore expressions of intense concentration, and there was something strangely similar about them, but what, they didn't know.

Kay nodded and jogged to keep up with John. Last thing she needed now was to get separated from John. She walked back with him to their seats and sat down.

Looking up she watched as the two of them still fought. She mentally told herself to remind her that Elliott would be absolutely fine and safe and everything will be alright. She focused instead on how much Elliott and to a point Jay, impressed her so much with their skills. She couldn't deny how incredible it was to see them to be so skilled.

Elliott did manage to land a hit on Jay, and the mage armour flared into visibility for a brief moment. The armour appeared as a purple shell around her body, the colour being suspisciously close to that of Elliott's hair. It was styled in a way that epitomised Dungeons and Dragons thief/rogue. John had a feeling that it was based of a real suit.
40cd92a6-b06a-42f0-b18f-33e50882c2ee.jpeg
Something like this (minus the sword and boot knife). And with blue hair, this is what Jay looks like

In reponse she increased her volley, forcing Elliott to jumps off the wall, and flip upwards using his parkour skills, their sticks clashing in mid air.

(nice!!)

Kay was fascinated by what she saw when he landed a hit. Seeing the mage armour for herself this time definitely helped her to not be so worried over Elliott. Not that she ever doubted John when he said they were protected magically, but it was just nicer to see it in person.

Seeing Elliott use his parkour skills reminded her how she could never tire of seeing him do parkour. Even after all the hard work he put her through training him. As she watched she learned to relax more, crossing one leg over the other. As she watched she absentmindedly brushed her hand through her hair, flicking it up and over to one side. It was just a thing she did when she began to relax a bit after being worked up. She played with her hair alot to relax.

(Thanks! Its surprisngly hard to find good female fanstasy armour online, and fantasy armour for skinny guys.)

John relaxed slightly too, his focus turning back to the fight. Elliott's parkour trick had worked perfecly, now it was Jay who was stuck between Elliott and the wall. She only had a few seconds before Elliott would unleash a barage on her. And she used them well. She jumped backwards, and just like Elliott pushed herself off the wall.

Only she pushed herself upwards into a parabolic arc, her feet colliding with Elliott's forehead sending him flying backwards. His armour flared up instantly. Landing with her arms outstretched behind, the staff gripped tightly, Jay made her way over, placed on foot in his chest and held the stick to his throat, smirking and something that couldn't be heard by the audience

20190506_082442.jpg

Kay sat forward the moment Elliott had Jay against the wall. She was really hoping for him to win and she got into watching this more than she probably cared to admit.

Then Jay got the upper hand once more and pinned him and it made her sit back again, she actually bit her knuckles without realising it whilst watching. Jay was good....really good and she knew in that instance she had underestimated Jay greatly. She really thought Elliott had the winning moment for a brief moment before he got pinned down.

John was damn impressed and it was written clear as day on his face. He gried not to show when he was impressed, but in this case he couldn't help it. Jay was phenomenal, there was no other way to put it. Besting Elliott had taken less than a minute and he found himself once again wondering about her story. Elliott had said her past was bad, so maybe an assassin of some sort? A spy even? But she was young and building those kinds of skills took years. A child agent? Who was twisted enough to come up with an idea like that.

Elliott sighed, and thumped the ground with his right hand three times, indicating that he was yielding. Jay took her foot off him and extended a hand. Elliott grapsed it and she pulled him up. "okay, we're taking a break I sure need it" He groaned, running a hand through his, pushing it back out of his face. "slacker" Jay smirked, before grabbing two bottles of water from the table and chucking one to Elliott, which bounced off his forehead comically.

Glancing to her right, she noticed the look on John's face seeing him openly show that he was impressed. She smiled to herself over it before looking back to Jay and Elliott. She wondered about Jay too but not to the extent that John did.

She watched Elliott yield for a break and chuckled when the bottle bounced off his head. She was still slightly immature in finding that kind of thing amusing. She had to find little things like that funny to have kept her sanity all these years. It always reminded her of the time her best friend/adoptive sister Sam would purposely do shit like that to cheer her up when Kay was ever down.

"Kay, Kay! Look! You can't be down when I do this!" A 12 years old Sam said to her, making Kay turn around and pull the pillow from her face. Sam was going cross eyed and poking her tongue out. Sam then went on to try and spin around in their tiny room only to go face first into their wardrobe, face planting Sam's favourite poster of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

Kay couldn't help but burst into laughter, the tears going away. "You're such an idiot Sam." Kay told her. "And that's why you love me!" Sam grinned proudly.

The memory flashing through Kay's mind vividly.

John laughed at the expression on Elliott's face when the bottle hit him. Elliott then proceeded to crumple to the ground faking being knocked unconscious by the bottle. That made the others laugh, Jay included. She looked different when she laughed, happier as if some kind of weight that she had been carrying up until tyen was lifted.

She kicked the falen bottle into his outstrecthed arms at which point Elliott got up and the two of them sat on the table opposite the assembled circle of chairs.

Kay loved seeing this side of Elliott. In fact, she just loved seeing this side of anyone. She could just imagine it now if Sam was still in her life. Sam would have loved Elliott and would have been flirting unscrupulously with Jay.

She wondered if it was weird that she felt some pride towards Elliott or not. She didn't voice her thought but it still flashed through her mind. Then her mind just went back to Sam and she had to force herself to shake those days out of her mind or she'd get all sentimental and she was tired of having those moments tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back