• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

MzHyde

'Flamebird'
Roleplay Type(s)
phoenix-digital-art-fantasy-art-creature-wallpaper-5970485d512a1daba677a83f90a166bd.jpg

Into the fire

Kay Hale was your average 31 year old woman in some things. She loved sketching, listening to music and other normal things. She wasn't average however in other things.

She has been on the run since last year. She was living put of her battered rucksack, motel to motel. She lives with a voice in her head. That voice she has dubbed Fee. She has no idea where that nickname came from but it seemed to fit and the voice didn't mind too much. Little does she realise that voice is in fact her phoenix soul talking to her.

She currently wandering down a quiet street in London. She was wearing ripped jeans, a loose fitting vintage t-shirt and a biker jacket and a loose beanie to mostly cover her flame ombre hair. She was on the run from beings she didnt understand. The only thing she did understand was that they scared the hellout of her and to her stank of sulphur. They were after her and she had no idea how much longer she'd be able to stay clear of them.

"I sense we won't be alone for long Kay" Fee spoke in her mind. Kay grimmaced as the voice gave her headaches. "Shut up" she hissed. She kept walking constantly looking around her.

"There you are!" A menacing voice echoed down the street just Infront of her. She stopped dead in her tracks. "Shit" she cursed and began to run back but another demon stopped her, grabbing her tightly. "Finally!!" The one who grabbed her exclaimed. Kay scrambled in the grip. "GET OFF ME!!" She screamed.

John spent his days running. Running from demons, running towards demons, running from explosions (which may or may not have been his fault), running from his problems, running because Chas and taxi weren't available you name it. And today was one of those days.

He was in London, his old stomping grounds. Currently he was hot on the trail of some particularly tricksy demons. They'd come through a portal and were currently reaking havok on the magical and non magical inhabitants of London. His trenchcoat flapped behind him as he ran.

John was a thirty something year old, tall, slim, with messy blond hair and the general appearance and attitude of somebody who grew up on the extremly wrong side of the tracks.

He rounded the corner and there they were. Good news there was only three of them, bad news the were harassing some woman. "Oi, you bastards! Pick on someone yer own size why don't you?" He yelled, his grotty-parts of-London accent cutting the air.

Kay kept trying to scramble free but the demon had too tight a grip on her. Then came a cockney accent from infront.

"John Constantine. Why am I not surprised to see you here?" The tallest of the three smirked. Kay felt confused, they KNEW this guy?? "Great... I'm gonna die. After all this month's on the run I'm gonna finally die down this grotty side street alone.." she thought to herself.

The demon that had hold on her tightened his grip as he wrapped a hand round her neck. "This is OUR prize Constantine! Go fetch your own!" He sneered. Kay began struggling for air.

Her hands flailing, scrambling at the demons hand to try and get free when a flame left her hand and scorched him. "Ouch you bitch!!" He shouted letting go of her and she ran towards this John but his behind one of the industrial bins.

It didnt surprise John in the slightest that they knew him. Every demon to ever exist ever knew of him. He was after all the Hellblazer, a name the demons had given him, not one that he had come up with. And it suited him too.

Though what surprised him was that the girl seemed to be important to them. He wondered why exactly, but then a flame shot from her hands, burning one of the demons. So she had some sort of ability, probabaly something on the rare side, spanning far beyond basic pyro kinetics, as those were one a penny round these parts.

"Oh you know me, right place, right time kinda guy. Plus you guys stink. I could smell you from over on Piccadilly. Have you not heard of deodorant?" He snarked. He was doing it oartly to piss the demons off partly because it was fun and partly as a distraction.

His own hands up too, but not with fire (although he could do that too, you can't after all, be a hellBLAZER without fire). No, what John was doing was creating a portal back to hell. But he was creating that just out of sight of the demons, behind a different set of trash cans.

The demons grew angry that once more Kay had slipped through their fingers. "we don't have time for you and your jokes Constantine!" The tallest one barked, practically spitting his words out.

"We need that girl for the First! And we WILL get her!" He sneered, waving his hand for the other demon nearest Kay to go get her.

Kay peered out from the bins to see them going for her again. She darted behind the bin once more and tried to think of a way of getting out of this situation.

"Get behind this Constantine Kay" Fee said to her and panicked, she did as Fee suggested, she got up onto her feet and started running, but not without the demon after her getting a swipe at her arm. She just managed to get behind john and instantly put a hand over her cut.

John looked at the woman behind him and sighed internally. Clearly the smart thing to do was run, and let him deal with the whole demon situation. But she hadn't done that, was she trying to make his life hard? Well, harder than it already was. And not to mention that she'd been cut by one of the demons. There was bound to be some nasty side effects. Looks like yet again, he was going to be dragged into somebody's life drama.

He turned back to the demons. "Oh screw and your First. Go back to hell you wankers!" He yelled and threw his lighter onto the ground, right in the centre of the three of them. Nothing happened...yet.

Kay was trying to comprehend what was even being said. First? Hell? What were they all talking about?! She had no clue.

The demons laughed, "we'll only be sent back to claim his prize!!" The tallest one said, clearly the leader of the trio. They went to storm ahead when John threw his lighter on the ground between them. They all stopped in their tracks, knowing this could mean only thing. "Just give us the girl John!!" They tried to barter with him.

Kay would have run further but her head was spinning from everything that was happening. It was too much to compute and not to mention the cut from that one demon. Her vision was getting blurry and it was only seconds later before she fainted, her body hitting the ground...hard.

"Not happening. Go to hell ya bastards" he said with a smirk, before begining to turn away, his coat slapping around him like a second skin. At the last possible moment he spat out the sigil and the ground around the lighter burst into a portal of blazing light, disintegrating the demons and sending them back to hell, they would be damaged and broken and would require plenty of healing before they were fit to break through to the mortal realm again, but John had no doubt that they would be back.

The portal burned like magnesium, John shielding his face and looking away. Demons dispatched he bent down and grabbed the lighter, tucking it into his trenchcoat pocket.

It was then that he saw Kay's unconscious figure on the ground. "Bollocks" he groaned before pulling out his phone and dialling, "Chas, we have a problem."

*Time skip*

Kay would wake up and find herself in an unfamiliar apartment. The single window looked out over more London apartmnets, and not the nice kind either. On either side of the room were boxes, this was clearly a storage room, not an actual bedroo that was used often. The decoration was sparse, faded, peeling old wallpaper and two framed drawings. The artist whoever they were had talent. Both were pencil sketches and consisted on monochrome colours.

One showing a broody figure in a longcoat standing on a rooftop looking over the city below. The figure face was hidden and blurred by the rain, their coat and hair flapping in the wind. The second was a landscape of a city, and not an city Kay would recognise either. It was all tall buildings with walkways and bridges between them, the entire city hivering above a jagged mountain range.

Her arm was bandaged up and stitched. A strange paste smelling faintly of pistachios had been smeared on the wound. Voices were emanating from behind the closed door. One sounding suspisciously familiar

Kay awoke feeling groggy at first. Her left hand lifted to hold her head as she slowly sat up. Looking around she wondered where the hell she was. She saw all the drawings on the walls, and the boxes on the floor around the room. Looking down she saw her arm had been treated and bandaged.

"Fuck...where am I?" She whispered to herself. Not even Fee was talking to her and she began to slightly panic when she couldn't get any kind of reaction from Fee. Then the voices became clear to her from the other side of the door. Panic really set in. She began to hyperventilate.

"Come on girl...calm down..." She said to herself as she tried to control her breathing. She was convinced the demons had her, but one thing was for sure, that wasn't some weird nightmare that happened. She looked around seeing if there was a way out.

John and Chas were sitting around John's coffee table. The living room consisted of three chairs, a giant beanbag chair, the metal and wood coffee table and bare brick walls. The carpet could be rolled back, allowing the wooden floor to be used as a canvas for sigils.

John's feet were propped up on the table, displaying the grime encrusted soles to the world. He was wearing an old pair of grey converse. His coat was slung over the coat rack, his tie was loosened and he had a botlle of beer his hand.

Chas was dressed in his usual t-shirt, letager jacket and jeans combo, also nursing a beer.

"John, how do you always end up involved in somebody else's demon drama?"

"Mate, I dont know, but it is seriously frustrating, I'm not the demon equivilant of Doctor bloody whatshisface"

"Who?"

"Thats the one. Which reminds me, did you see the Heaven Sent/Hell bent finale? It is a bloody masterpice mate! That Steven Moffat is one twisted bastard, but a national treasure too"

Last edited:
Kay managed to control her breathing as she stood up. She could hear the talking but not quite what was being said. She wondered if it's be as easy as just the door being unlocked. "It can't be that easy..could it?" She whispered to herself.

Walking over to the door she hesitantly tried the door and found it was just that easy. She opened the door stepping out finding the same man who saved her life by sheer luck sitting on a sofa talking with someone else she didn't know.

"Um.. hi?" She stammered a greeting. "Thanks for...well... whatever that was..." She decided she'd start off thanking him as it was the polite thing to do.

The sound of the door opening caused John and Chas to fall silent, their Doctor Who discussion forgotten. "Ah, sleepin' beauty awakes" John smirked, Chas merely roling his eyes and taking a slip of beer, he wall used to John's... well... John-ness.

"And I couldn't not help, considering the universe basically plonked me slap bang into the middle of your current demoic drama. So you might as well explain why you've got demons after you, eh?"

Chas looked up, "ignore him. How's the arm? That was some fairly nasty demon poison you got tangled up with" his tone was concerned.

She smirked sheepishly when he nicknamed her sleeping beauty. It reminded her of her life before she went on the run. She always was the last one awake in her university dorm.

What he said though threw her off guard. demons?! She thought. She began to stammer trying to find words when the guy he was with spoke alot kinder to her. "It's fine.. thank you." She began saying. "But...demons??" She questioned. "All I know is that I've been on the run for god knows how long and these various guys have been hunting me. I have no idea why... Then there's the whole I'm somehow able to conjure fire and ice got a goddamn voice in my head that gives me headaches any time she speaks to me" she almost began rambling.

"And now I sound utterly insane!" She remarked more to herself than to anyone else.

John turned to Chas and held out his hand "pay up mate. I won". Chas sighed, and reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled twenty, which he handed over to his friend. "Damn you John, remind me why I am still friends with you?" he sighed, annoyed at having lost their bet over whether the woman knew anything about magic or the magical world.

John merely smirked and tucked the money into his pocket. "You can't damn a guy who's already destined for hell, mate. And as for the friend bit, it's probabaly my sparklin' personality, my good looks and my abundant wealth" He gestured at the apartment around him, the furthest thing from the lap of luxury.

He said the part about being damned to hell lightly, but there was a serious undertone to his voice. Both Chas and John knew that Heaven wouldn't take John's soul for fear of starting a war with hell. (That was how much they wanted to make him pay.)

Chas just snorted "In your dreams John." The dynamic between the two was relaxed, but clearly was more than just an average friendship between two normal guys. This was deeper, they had been through some shit together and seen things that people shouldnt normally have to see.

John turned to Kay, "long story short, all the stories are true. Demons, Angels, Hell, Heaven, Judgement Day, souls being tortured for eternity, Satan, all the gory stuff the Church use to scare you into submission, they are real, even the almighty bastard up high" he gestured skywards with one finger "And for some reason, they have their eyes on you. So if I were you, I'd sit yourself down on the couch and tell us absaloutely everything." His voice was deadly serious, as was his face.

(Blatant shadowhunters reference)

Kay watched as the two bantered between each other. 'did they seriously have a bet on over me?!' she thought to herself, a smidge irritated about that but she let it slide as she's pretty sure she woulda been dead if it weren't for John.

She could tell their friendship was strong though from their banter. Oh man did she miss her own best friend Ethan. Her friendship was Ethan was so tight. Now? Now she has no idea if he's even still alive.

She snapped out of her thoughts when John told her everything was real and to go sit and tell them everything. She nodded and walked over and sat down on the coach. "Okay..." She said with a sigh before beginning her story:

"Ive been on the run for about a year from what you say are demons. It started at university one night. My mate Ethan walked in to my room what I thought was to check on me. But he walked in at a moment when I was realising fire didn't hurt me. I had flames in my hand and he startled me walking in.
Anyway he flipped and said 'its you' and came at me with a knife. I've been on the run ever since." She explained.

"And there's this voice in my head...Fee as I call her. She protects me in some weird way but it triggers headaches everytime she talks." She said once more, and right on cue Fee spoke to her, causing Kay to grit her teeth and hold her head.

"Kay stop fighting. You mustn't tell these people everything I can't protect you otherwise"

John and Chas listened, their thoughts roughly following the same pattern. She doesn't know who or what she is, her mate Ethan did, and tried to kil her for it. She's somehow important and wanted by some fairly nasty high ups in hell. This voice, dual personality? Extension of her subconscious or conscious mind? Or something else entirely? Her powers, would they make her friend or foe? Presumably like most, she was human, equal parts good and bad, the potsntial to swing either way.

Judging by the evident pain in her face, this "Fee" was speaking to her now. Whether the voice was for or against was something neither John nor Chas could tell, neither of them being, in any way, telepathic.

John looked at Kay, his expression unreadable. "You've got two choices the way I see it. One, you forget you ever met us, you return to your life on the run with some form of magical protection to make it harder for any demons to sense you. Or two, you let us try and help, or at the very least find out who or what you are"

John didn't eant to get involved, he had many other problems to worry about, he didn't need to add some crazy woman to them, but he knew if he didnt make the offer, Chas would.

She mentally shook the headache off as best she could so she could concentrate on what John was telling her. So...it bottles down to two options and both she has a feeling will be hard on her.

"I may have survived this long on my own but I'm tired of running. I just wanna know what the hell I am and why I'm wanted by Hell. If you two can possibly help them I'd rather take my chances here than out there." She told them both. She had no idea if her decision was a good one, she still knew nothing about John or Chas, but she kept thinking to herself they couldn't be any worse than those demons she previously encountered.

"Are you sure about this Kay?" Fee asked her and she did her best to ignore her. "I have to be Fee... you've hardly been any help" she thought her reply which made Fee get annoyed with her. All Fee ever wants is to help her but it's Kay's stubbornness that prohibits her from doing so. Fee retaliated to Kay's sass by screeching in her head. A short but sharp screech that made Kay grab her head and almost double over. "Fuck!" She cursed. As she did so, her vest strap buckled revealing the edge of her phoenix wings tattoo.

(Tattoo is a key to her character, it's more than a tattoo)

Internally John sighed once again, he was stuck solving other people's magical problems. He wasn't a therapist god damn it! Yet somehow the universe seemed insistant on making him into one. But he had no doubt that if she knew who he really was and what he had done, that she would be running as far away from him as possible.

Chas was intrigued more than anything else. He could practically sense a mystery from miles away, and although he looked like your average poor London cabbie (which, admitedly, he was), Chas was whip smart and cogs were already turning in his head, and he had no doubt that John was doing the same.

John took a slug of beer, before turning to Kay. "I have to warn you though. It's going to be dangerous, more dangerous than being on the run. You're going to see things you can never see, and do things you can never undo. And there will be a price to pay, whether you want to accept it or not" His blue eyes flashed with emotion, giving the briefest hint that he had payed the ultimate price, and wasn't over it. He was deathly serious too.

"I can't guarantee your safety, but I can guarantee you will get answers, whether they will be the ones you want are another thing. The offer to walk away still stands" he let his words hang.

She listened to John had to say. She guessed as much it wasn't going to be an easy road. Sure, she could turn and run but then where would she be? Still as clueless as ever. She saw that hint of emotion in his eyes.

She looked him dead in the eye before speaking once more. "I guessed from the get go that life wasn't going to be easy if I chose to seek help from you. Let's face it, I'm gonna be fucked if I go back on the run or if I stay here but with the latter I'll get answers. Which is more than ive had for a long time now." She sounded determined this time.

"And quite frankly, you're hardly the first asshole I've dealt with in my life" she said, smirking and cocking an eyebrow.

John raised a single eyebrow. But it was Chas who spoke first "You haven't met this bastard yet. He's the worst of all the assholes. Hell, even Lucifer bloody Morningstar has called him a 'sick twisted bastard, who out classes any of the demons of hell'."

John smirked, "that was one my proudest moments actually. Luci's pretty twisted himself, that thing with Cain? That was gruesome." Realising that nobody had actually been introduced up until then, John figured that was probabaly a good place to start. "I'm John by the way. This is my gaff, it's a shithole, I won't deny that, but it is home."

He gestured around at the apartment, which was grimy. The kitchen, living and dining room were one open plan room. One door led to the spare room Kay had been other. Three of the four other doors were shut, the open door leading into the bathroom. The windows showed grimy London skyline.

Gesturing at Chas, John continued "And that's Chas, me best mate and the best taxi driver in the whole of this bloody country." Chas nodded at the introduction. "And you are?"

Last edited:
She looked between Chas and John when Chas said not to be too sure about her asshole comment. Hearing the story about Lucifer honestly blew her mind a little bit.

Then she finally got a name out of John but she then remembered the demons had called him by his name that night. "I remember... The demons called you by name" she remarked. She looked around his grimy home and she couldn't deny it was a shithole but she kept her thoughts to herself. Then Chas introduced himself and she smiled. "I'm Kay" she replied. It was only now she realised the irony of her name. Kay meant flame or fire depending on who you asked and here she was connected to the damn element.

John was about to say something, but it was then that Chas's phone rang. He answered it immediately, while at the same time jumping off the couch and walking a short distance away. He paced the floor slightly as he talked. John appeared not to be listening to the conversation, but Chas had no doubt that he was listening. Whoever was on the other end seemed to be in a bad mood.

He hung up a few minutes later and turned to John "that was Renee, she sends her love and best wishes" John raised an eyebrow in surprise, "really?" "Nope, she said something about batering you senseless with a stainless steel frying pan the nest time she sees you."

John laughed "same old Renee, I see. What did she want?" "I gotta go pick up Trish, aparently she gave some kid at school one hell of a left hook." There was pride evident in his voice. "I'll come with, I have some dodgy contacts I need to question. Besides, your kid likes me"

John grabbed his coat from the hook, swinging it around him.

Last edited:
Kay decided to mind her own business when Chas' phone rang. She hated it when people would eavesdrop on her calls so she always took the stance of that was the same for everyone.

When he came back and they bantered about whom she presumed was Chas' wife she just let them get on with it. It wasn't her place to join in on the conversation.

Then John said he'd go with Chas to get his kid and she wondered what that meant for her. "Guess I'm to stay here and not touch anything blah blah blah" she quipped. John just seemed the type of guy who would give out that kind of instruction to new people in his home. She may not have known him for long but she could get that much out of just observing him.

"Basically yeah, there's a whole load of crazy dangerous magical stuff round the house. Not as mich as you'd find in my other house of course. But it is still lethal stuff none the less, especially in the wrong hands." She was catching on quick, John though. Quicker than the others that's for sure. He gestured towards two of the doors. One had a heavy deadlock and a whole host of strange symbols on it. The other was just regular wood, but it also had a symbol mounted on a small plaque.

"Don't enter either of those rooms. Balcony's that way. Feel free to eat whatever is in the fridge, if there is anything in there that it. Don't leave this apartment or the wards will lock you out."

Chas shrugged "or you could come with, there is plenty of space in the cab."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back