• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Fia and Kay both listened to what Moya said, realising that with the short notice, it made full sense why she managed to complete such a garment in such a short amount of time. Fia smirked when Rinaa told Moya to tell them about the heels Moya was wearing which then turned into a conversation about their reactions to each others outfits. They both chuckled when Chas said what they were all thinking about Elliott being busted, but they had to agree that the girls did look incredible in their armour. They also had noticed Rinaa's new hair which suited her extremely well. It also just fitted with the armour perfectly.

"I think in our own way we've all had similar reactions to each other in these getups to be fair" Kay replied with a smile. "This one actually openly complimented me" she smirked, nudging John slightly whilst still having her arm looped in his. "John you feeling alright? Do we need to get Cliff to give you a check up?" Fia teased with a cheeky smirk, knowing if she wasn't with people who weren't to know the truth, she'd have said 'dad'. Kay laughed at Fia's little quip, knowing exactly how John would react to it. "Give him a break, he has his moments sometimes" Kay defended with a smile and chuckle.

Jay and Elliott were slightly surprised by just how easy it was to get a good run of banter going with Moya. The girl was open and totally relaxed, yet also had a sort of spunk to her. They may never have said it to Rinaa, but they both approved of Moya as a potentail girlfriend. They had actually discussed it after meeting Moya the day before and had come to the same conclusion. This was also sad for them as they knew Moya never really had a chance with this version of Rinaa. The relationship between them that was blooming was going to be cruelly cut short when Rinaa's body finally betrayed itself. As a couple they deserved far better than they had been dealt, but Rinaa was genuinely happy, practically glowing and for now that was all they really wanted for her.

At Kay's first remark, they all nodded, it was completly true. Nobody had expected everybody to look so good or to go to so much of an effort with their outfits. It showed how important Cal and Cliff were, as well as the fact that they could all rock formal clothing when they wanted to. Elliott and Chas both raised eyebrows at Kay's next comment, Elliott was going to say something, but Fia beat him to it, saying almost exactly what he was intending to. John just rolled his eyes at the quip, smirking slightly. "I do have depths y'know, even a mute Elliott could see that and convey it." "I still can't believe you kept that bloody drawing!" Elliott smirked. "It's a work of genius, how you managed to perfectly represent me as an onion is one of the unanswered mysteries of the universe."

Jay was the one to bring the conversation back to the point Rinaa had wanted to be made. "So the shoes, what's their story then?" "Two words- dumpster diving. The University has some very interesting bins, I got a fully working microwave for my flat from one once. The richer students just chuck perfectly good shit out of their rooms and into the trash each year as their families can afford new stuff for next year. So us less well of take what we can. Which in my case, happened to be these heels."

Kay smirked at the raised eyebrows over her comment about John complimenting her on her dress. She also chuckled when John rolled his eyes at Fia's comment, just knowing that was going to be his reaction as it was seemingly his default reaction to anyone saying such things to him. She then laughed a bit at the comments on the onion drawing, one she remembered John showing her quite a while ago which she appreciated. It showed her he trusted her enough to let him in on those little normal things.

With the topic going back to the original topic of Moya's heels. Both girls then listened to the story and Fia was more shocked to hear where Moya found them than Kay was. "someone chucked those?! Are they insane?" She reacted shocked. "Doesn't surprise me as much...the stuff you can find dumpster diving is incredible" Kay remarked, keeping how she would know that vague, but to those who truly her history which was John, Chas and Elliott, it would be obvious what she was meaning. She did quite a bit of dumpster diving in various locations when she was on the streets, it was the only way she could have remained truly warm in the harsh winters, especially as keeping warm was so immensely important to her kind.

"They most definitely are, but all the better for me really." Moya smirked, gathering from Kay's reaction that she'd also been dumpster diving before. John didn't go dumpster diving as such, he dove in to them to use as an escape route. Rinaa, Jay, Elliott, John and even Chas had all ended up in dumpster beaten up at some point or another in their lives. As Kay suspected John, Chas and Elliott picked up on the second meaning in her words, understanding that she was referring to her times on the street, using everything and anything as a means to get by. "The student apartments in London have a smiliar thing goin' on, but you have to go to the really rich areas to get any chance. You're odds are far better in the States, honestly it's crazy what they just throw out there."

The seating plan for the ceremony itself had been explained earlier that day. The ceremony wasn't actually going to be that long, with no religious connections (which John was grateful for, knowing full well that most divine deities couldn't give two shits about who was hitched with who in the mortal realm, it only became a problem when one of their own got involved). The front two rows were originally going to be just for Cliff's family (both direct and extended) and the Attili crew (Cal having no family to be there). But with the arrival of Elliott and his adopted family, Cal and Cliff's crew had been pushed back to allow for Elliott's group to have the front row on the right to themselves. "If anybody says they can't see from here, then they seriously need to get their eyes tested." Elliott remarked as he sat down.

Kay nodded smiling at Moya's words. If she was more willing to be open about her past and was actually able to, she would have said 'know that feeling, got some good stuff myself' but she couldn't and even if she could, she wouldn't. As much as she respected the likes of Jay, she didn't want her knowing her past, and she certainly didn't want Rinaa knowing. She also noted from the body language that the three who did know, did pick up on what she was referring to, which she was glad about but made no point of making it obvious. She wasn't even sure if Fia knew about her past properly or not, but it wasn't something she wanted to get into with her daughter unless it was somehow brought up.

Kay sat between John and Fia, finding it very kind that the bride's decided to have them at the front in the seating schedule. She smirked at Elliott's comment about sight. "you mean you guys have a clear view?" Fia joked, leaning forward to look at Elliott. Kay rolled her eyes at Fia making such a remark and shook her head, "there's always one" she half scoffed but her tone was friendly. "Happy to be THAT person" Fia grinned. Like John, Kay was quite happy that Cal and Cliff weren't going down the religious path for the ceremony as she personally never saw the point of it if people weren't religious, different to John's reasons for being glad about it, but still valid none the less.

Elliott just rolled his eyes at Fia's comment, not even bothering to give a response, Kay had that part covered. Nobody in their group needed glasses for anything so far (but there was a running joke that Chas would look like some kind of professor if he ever did need to aquire glasses. All wore sunglasses when the occasion called for it (which wasn't very often given the distinct lack of sunny days in Britain). Rinaa only wore magnifying glasses and protective goggles for working on something or another, while her steam punk goggles were more for aesthetics than protection. For Jay goggles had been a staple of her assassin gear ever since the start, serving as both eye protection and night vision.

Everybody else filtered into their seats, Lock choosing to sit right behind Elliott immediately making a joke at the fact that if Elliott hadn't shown up, he'd have been in the front row instead. "Jealous are you?" Elliott smirked. "Considering out of the two of us I actually had to live through your sister being absaloutly clueless, I think I deserve it. Plus I can't see through your massive head, you're blocking my view." "I'm totally not, just move yourself around, obviously, or have you forgotten how to do that since you all joined the hive mind?" Elliott gestured at the crew, who were all dressed in identical military uniforms. "If we had a hive mind it'd probably crash due to all the bickering. We decided on these just to find a colour that looks awful against Deke's aqua skin." "Forgetting if course that I can simply change my skin colour!" Dek called over, making his skin flash with rainbow colours just to illustrate his point. "Well there's something that wouldn't look out of place in a Pride Parade, kinda appropriate really" John remarked to Fia and Kay.

In Fia's timeline Kay did end up using glasses every now and then to read, but only if she was going to read for very long periods of time, so it was rare to see Kay in such things, though when it did happen it did show that she was indeed older than she felt half of the time. Otherwise the only shades she ever wore were her various sunglasses. Fia however wasn't going to divulge that piece of information to anyone. It wasn't major or time affecting information, but she just didn't want to tell them everything and she had a feeling Kay would hate that news.

Both girls half listened to the conversation between Lock and Elliott, smirking and smiling at what was being said u til they saw for the first time, Deke's skin changing colour. With John's comment about it fitting in with a pride parade they both nodded with smiles, "Indeed. It'd fit in perfectly actually" Kay replied. "It'd fit in and is damn cool and no doubt someone would try and debunk it and out it down to special effects" Fia added in with a smile, envisioning it whilst finding it amusing that someone would try and fail each and every time.

John nodded in agreement, also smiling at Fia's statement that everybody would try and figure it out, only to fail miserably. Pride parades really weren't John's scene at all, he wouldn't be the kind of person to march, but he was exactly the kind of person to attend in order to find somebody who swung his way and was willing to hook up, no strings attached. "Now I kinda what to see what crazy theories they'd come up with." He remarked, casting a glance back at Deke who had started making his hair glow rainbow colours, attracting some looks of interest from the other wedding guests. The rainbow antics were amusing Rinaa to no end. "It'd honestly perfect for that on Earth and would get so much coverage. People would totally cite gene modification as the reason for it, causing a massive international finger pointing incident." "Which sounds kinda awesome actually from the prospective of somebody who doesn't give two shits about politicians." "No surprise there." Elliott full well knew about John's dislike of all politicians and had spent many hours slagging them off with John.

The conversation was cut short by Benji who had strode to the front and picked up the microphone. The seats had been arranged in semi circular rows around a focal area, not a stage, but an area where the land naturally sloped upwards allowing everybody a good view. Benji had self appointed himself as designated speaker for the proceedings. "Right everybody, sit down, shut up and listen." There was light laughter at his blunt opening. "Almost everybody here has had their ears checked by Cliff, so I know you guys aren't deaf. I also know that you all know who I am, so there's no need for the awkward introduction speech that nobody actually listen to." John smirked at that, relaxing back into his (surprisingly comfortable seat), already liking how this was going. "We're keeping this short and simple, unlike my sex life." Charlie, Nat, Matteo and their parents all groaned in unison at that, while Benji smirked unashamedly.

"But this isn't about me. Let's get a few things straight. Everybody please shut off whatever tech communication devices you have, and put them on silent. There's no need for senseless weeping, I'm looking at you Ossie" he pointed the mic at one if the guys in the audience who flipped him off in response to the laughter of the others who got the in joke. "This a wedding, not a funeral! So smile, be happy, remember to pig out on the cake later, which is bloody gorgeous by the way, and most of all appreciate just how amazing my eldest sister and her wife are."

Like John pride events weren't Kay's thing, even as an ally but there had been the odd time when she went along for solidarity with Sam as they were VERY much her scene, but then Sam was the much more eccentric one our the two of them in every manner. She remembered one time she had to really had to convince people she was just an ally there for her sister and ended up covered in paint and chalk because Sam decided Kay needed to lighten up. In all fairness it did work and she did end up laughing at it even if it took a few days to get all the paint and chalk out of her hair.

She listened to the talk going on about Deke at a possible pride event and chuckled at it before Benji interrupted everyone and started his abrupt but amusing speech. Both her and Fia sat facing forward to watch Benji, chuckling when it was called for and just genuinely smiling at the whole thing. Fia only fidgeted once by crossing her right leg over her left, making sure not to catch the skirt of her dress in the process, whilst Kay just gently massaged her baby bump with one hand and her other placed on John's knee.

As Benji gave his speech, in his typical style of keeping it light humoured and making jabs at himself Rinaa and Moya leaned closer to each other, linking hands unknowingly doing the exact same thing as Jay and Elliott. John ended up with one of his hands on his near, half on Kay's, half not. He smirked at the part about Benji's sex life because that was the naturally the kind of detail he'd pick up on from the speech. He was grateful that Benji had decided to talk in as short and snappy a manner as possible, audiences were fickle things after all. There was a general cheer as he instructed everybody on how to behave at the wedding.

Once that had died down he started speaking again. "Right, I don't know how you people do weddings on whatever place you call home. So whatever preconceptions you have, please throw them out of the metaphorical window. We're doing this our style..... or more accurately, their style with a whole pile of drama shoved in. So first off, parents, get up here." Had he spoken to his parents in such a blasé tone on any other day, there would have been consequences, but this was different. Cliff's parents stood facing the left side of the audience, while Dan stood facing the right hand side. Benji stepped back and waited.

At first there was nothing, just the silence of everybody waiting expectantly. Instead of going down the aisle, Cal and Cliff had chosen to appear from the sides, walking past their respective family members before meeting the middle. Cal appeared first, dressed from head to toe in gleaming armour. This was the first time it had been worn and the sunlight perfectly showed up the intricate decorative work in fiery red and orange tones against the base of muted silver. The boots were the most heavily decorated, with the patterns dying away the further up her body they went. Her hair was styled simply, flowing in perfectly formed waves down her back. Rinaa had decided that for both of them a simple style as the best way to go, it suited them far better than any elaborate braiding or plaits would. Cal's hair was threaded with shimmering reds, but that was the only modification made.

Cliff came from the other side, dressed in a similarly beautiful set of armour with same muted silver base colour, only this time the detailing was done in whites and light blues to symbolise her ice abilities. The armour fit her beautifully and it was a well known fact that Cal had made it with all her love. Her blonde bob had been straightened, left to frame her face with a few light blue and ice white threads added. Everything had been designed to show their respective elements and indicate how the two were the opposites in that regard.

As Benji spoke, both girls listened intently whilst John's smirk at the sex life comment didn't go unnoticed by either of them. Fia had noticed how each of their group's pairings were holding hands, except for Kay and John who were being a lot more subtle, whether it was deliberate or not, Fia wasn't 100% certain but her guess leaned her more to the deliberate end of the scale than not, though she also knew there was times when John openly held onto Kay in front of people, so it really could go either way. It actually made her wish she had someone, but accept her life as a single being.

When the parents of both brides got asked to go up to the front, both Fia and Kay watched on wondering how it was going to go down, especially as Benji said about throwing out any preconceptions of how weddings were done on Earth and any other planet. As the two of them appeared on either side, both Fia and Kay smiled, amazed at the intricate detailing a on both the girls' armour and the subtle but beautiful weavings through both their hair. Kay truly believed that Cal out did herself on the armour whilst Rinaa did both of them proud with the hair. Going the more understated route was by far the best route to take. "They look amazing" Fia whispered to Kay, but other than that kept quiet.

Fia and Kay weren't the only ones thinking (and commenting) on how beautiful the brides looked. "That they bloody well do." John agreed to Fia's comment, even if it wasn't aimed at him. Jay was completly taken by the armour and the exquisite level of craftsmanship in it, naturally comparing it to her own and realising she'd never owned anything as close to ornate as these two. "That armour is beyond beautiful." She whispered, the awe evident in her tone, Cal was talented and she'd even seen some of the pieces before, but out here in the sunlight they looked like something right out of mythology. " And its a one off piece which makes it even more special." "I think my brain is kind of exploding at the whole effect, well done on the hair by the way, it's perfect." Chas added, keeping his eyes on the sight before him. This was so unlike an Earth wedding already. Elliott didn't say anything, but his face said it all, the deep pride, love, wonder, shock (at just how well his sister was looking and how her and Cliff's armour made everybody in the audience look like scruffy peasants). He was more than happy for his sister and so grateful that he actually was able to see this happen in person after being separated for so long.

It was evident that Cal and Cliff had found time to practice their walking out, they walked carefully and just slow enough that everybody could get a good look (and photo) of them, no matter where they were sitting. Just like Jay and Rinaa, they walked in the armour like it was the most natural thing in the worlds, a skill they'd picked up after years of wearing armour for work. As they walked, their movements gav ethe illusion that the embellishments were real and moving. Nat was on official photography duty for the time being along with somebody from Cal and Cliff's crew in order to cover both sides.

The two stopped in unison, a gap of about three metres between them. The audience fell silent, most having genuinely no clue what was going to happen next. It was Cliff who made the first move (a nod to the fact that she'd been the first one to make a move in their relationship). Her hands iced up, the ice spreading almost to her elbows, a ball of ice forming between her two hands, which she promptly threw in a blur of motion at Cal. Unlike the shots they'd seen in the forge, this was a high speed ball, a combat shot more than a playful one. Cal responded with a fire wall that caused the ball to disintegrate and melt in midair, before sending back a blast of her own. What followed was an intricately choreographed 'fight' scene making use of both their respective powers, fighting skills (including intricate martial arts kata sequences), acrobatic skills and moves that verged on parkour. It was beautiful, almost ethereal yet also deadly. Just like the two of them. Jay instantly recognised what they were doing. "Its an old tradition, based off ritual wedding combat- used primarily at warrior weddings- but here has been completly repurposed here to show their talents, their elements and their driadic bond. All these moves and patterns have meanings, symbolising different things, trust, truth, honestly, loyalty and most of all love."

Kay just nodded in agreement whilst John actually used to words to agree with what Fia said. They both listened to Jay and Rinaa as they spoke quietly about the armour and Chas' remark. "Agreed, the hair is perfect for the armour" Kay whispered, and that was all she said on the matter. She was well aware of how Elliott was being and it honestly made her smile as she could tell he was feeling so much pride for his sister in this moment.

When the bride's stopped three meters away from each other, Kay and Fia got intrigued as to what was going to happen next, seeing now it was becoming more and more different to an earth wedding with each passing moment. They watched on as the 'fight' began and went on. Fia watched with awe seeing the choreography in each and every move, she listened as did Kay, to Jay as she explained what was happening, both girls nodding in understanding. "Fascinating" Fia commented first. "There's such beauty in it in a strange way" Kay remarked.

John had not been expecting the 'fight' and he had to refrain from letting jaw fall to the ground. He recognised the various moves and sequences, some of which were tricky to master in normal clothes let alone plate armour. How anybody could do a double somersault in this armour was beyond him, the armour must be far lighter than it looked and offered a surprising range of manoeuvrability. It was one of the single most impressive pieces of choreography he'd seen in his life, moves were telegraphed every so slightly to remind the other what was happening next. Jay's explanation made perfect sense, just looking at it John could see easily why this would have an origin in the warrior cultures, if they were anything like Earth warrior cultures respect was earned through demonstrations of skill, speed, strength and combat. "That makes a surprising amount of sense."

"The warrior cultures are amazingly diverse, but the beauty of combat and the from of the body during combat is their art. It's like dance in a way, another way to express yourself, using your whole body and soul. That's why warriors are almost always great dancers, they can follow the patterns, but also but their souls into it.... If of course you actually have a soul to put in, but that's besides the point."
Jay may never have seen Kay dance, but she that warriors played an important role in pheonix society. John also made that link, but said nothing, the dancing was Kay's secret, Fia on the other hand was far more public. Jay's words were coming from her experiences growing up and travelling. As she spoke Rinaa was nodding in agreement, having seen and grown up with exactly what Jay was talking about.

Kay agreed that it made a whole lot of sense, as she continued to listen to what Jay was explaining. As she went on about warriors being naturally good dancers most of the time, she suddenly got the link to why dancing was secretly a thing for her and why it was so engrained into Fia's soul. Even though Kay would never consider herself a warrior by any means, fighting wasn't her thing unless it was really needed and even then she was rusty, though not as rusty as when she had survive all by herself. Fia made the connection also as she did so a bit of research on it in her own time after she got over the initial 'i refuse to be a phoenix you're talking bullshit' rebelling stage through ages 9-13.

Kay didn't realise that John also made the connection with herself and Fia, but if she had she would have been thankful for him not saying anything about her and the subject. "makes sense, it's why a lot of warrior phoenix's enjoy the ability of dance and use it in their fighting styles" Fia remarked back, knowing that Jay was talking from experience. Kay looked at Fia and nodded, before watching the bride's once again. It was just so hypnotic to watch.

At Fia's words, both Jay and Rinaa nodded, thinking of various people and tribes they'd encountered, knowing that Fia would have found herself enthralled by their performances and ritual dances. Jay had actually taken part in some in her time, and was a highly acrobatic dancer, but she used her syncing abilities to completly lock on to the music and dictate her actions. Rinaa wasn't a good dancer as such, she could follow a pattern, but had no real interest in it. The only kind of dancing she actually liked was the kind where she danced like nodbody was watching and make a complete arse of herself (usually because a song she liked had come on and it wasn't enough to just hum along to it while working).

The 'fight' stopped with the two only about a metre from each other, Cal flicking her hair back over her shoulders, while Cliff tucked on side back behind her ears. It was the parents who moved next, stepping forwards with three metal ingots, a bright gold one, a white one and a black metal ingot (made of the same alloy that had been used for the sword that scarred Elliott). Jay figured it out as soon as she caught a glimpse of the ingots. "Ohh, that IS clever" she whispered, realisation dawning in her eyes"it's so perfect for the two of them." Cal's intent became clear the moment she lit one hand on fire, using it to heat and soften the metals in her other hand. It was as she worked that Cliff began speaking, but too quietly for the audience to hear, though the majority of them could lip read from a distance and followed along easily enough as she gave her vows.

The girls' continued to watch on, not wanting to miss a single bit of the ceremony when the brides stopped only a meter from each other and the parents stepping forward. Fia wondered what the significance of the ingots were but the moment Cal started using her abilities in them it clicked into place and nodded at Jay's remark about it being clever and perfect for the two of them. They noticed Cliff talking quietly, and managed to lip read enough to figure out what was being said, which was her vows and they both found themselves smiling. It was strange to witness the vows being said so privately in front of all the guests as at earth weddings it was for everyone to hear, but it was endearing to watch none the less.

"It really is perfect for them and so personal" Kay agreed, finding herself slightly leaning into John subconsciously, her hand still very much on his knee and half under his hand. There was something about the whole ceremony that felt so much more special than a standard earth wedding to her, it even felt more special than when the bond was made between her and John. Though she figured anything would be more special than that day, as she would have always thought bonds were meant to be made when two people weren't completely hungry for each other in a kitchen. But then whenever was anything linked to her and John ever standard or normal?

John was thinking on a similar line to Kay when it came to the ceremony in front of them. Cal and Cliff's driadic bond may have formed years ago, but this marriage bond was just as important. Seeing everything play out in front of them, the preciseness, the planning, the symbolism (he was certain he'd missed most of it) and the general elegance and beauty were a direct contrast to how his and Kay's bond formed. There was no ideal way to from a bond, but surely tearing each other's clothes off and shagging in a kitchen wasn't the recommended method. It certainly said something about him and his style, rough, unpredictable and willing to throw caution to the wind. It probably said something completly different about Kay. Thinking back on that (admittedly awesome) night brought a fond half smile to his face, that could easily be brushed off by an outsider as a fond smile for the brides.

John could of course read lips, but since Cliff was speaking in a mix of her native language and Attili, he could only translate about half of it. Cal spoke in the same language combination as she gave her vows. Rinaa was the only one in John's row who spoke Cliff's native language fluently and could fully understand what was being said. The choice not to speak the vows publically was simply because it was one of the few customs that Attil and Cliff's planet shared wedding wise, and quite a bit of what they were saying was deeply personal, though Cal managed to work in an in-joke as she slipped the rings on their respective hands. Benji stepped forwards and spoke to the audience. "Right then. Anybody got a problem with these two finally making it official? If so speak up now, or forever stay silent."

Thinking back on that night, Kay would always think back on it fondly despite how the night actually went. She would never deny the fact that she started it all by flirting with him unashamedly and pressing him against the counter. She had no idea what it all said about her as a person as she was used to being like that way before John came into her life and she just needed to get her rocks off whilst on the streets. Or even before that back in her university days, she went for one night stands and never a serious relationship. A trait Sam would always wish she would get out of and just find someone she could be with seriously. The idea of Sam finding out she has now done exactly that brought a slight smirk to her lips.

With the vows spoken to each other, Kay looked at Benji as he then spoke once more with the familiar request of those who have issue with the marriage of the couple to say so now. Which she could hear no one speak up from where she was. She couldn't imagine anyone having issue with it, knowing how well respected and liked the two of them were. Kay found herself turning her hand over and linking her fingers through John's. Fia glanced across and smiled at the action Kay made, before looking back at the brides.

John unconsciously squeezed Kay's hand gently when Benji gave the equivilant of Earth's 'speak now or forever hold your peace' line. He had a distinct feeling that if anybody did choose to object now they'd be on the receiving end of a severe beating, which he would definetely be getting involved in. The same thought had occurred to Elliott, and he knew that neither Jay, John, Chas nor Rinaa would stop him from hurting whoever was trying to take away his sisters happiness. There was no objections from the audience as Benji cast his eyes across the assembled people, noticing that one person had slipped in at the very last minute at some point during the ritual fight he suspected. They were hiding themselves away from view, but both Cal and Cliff knew exactly who was there.

"Well that confirms what we know, these two are made for each other." Since this wasn't a religious ceremony there was no need for a priest or other religious figurehead. There was paperwork, but most of that had been completed earlier anyway. "You may now kiss the bride." Somethings really didn't change Chas thought. It was always 'kiss the bride' for a straight wedding which made no sense to him as in this day and age both partners were considered equals. But here with two brides it made perfect sense. CL nd Cliff didn't need to be told twice, and wasn't even clear to either of them who actually initiated the kiss. The audience promptly burst into loud cheering, clapping and off course wolf whistling (mainly from the group of teenagers down the back that were Matteo's friends).

Kay smiled fondly to herself when John squeezed her hand gently, liking how the two of them for the most part were all about these subtle unspoken exchanges of affection toward each other. She subconsciously gave his hand alight squeeze back whilst watching the ceremony go on, knowing if anybody did object they'd be the stupidest being there and wouldn't survive long enough to see the ceremony finish no doubt. Cal and Cliff had too many people here who were 100% behind them with their choices. Like Chas' thought, the whole line of 'you may now kiss the bride' seemed so perfect and appropriate in this instance compared to a heterosexual marriage.

When it finally came to the final kiss to finalise the marriage, Fia applauded and cheered, smiling feeling so happy for the two of them and feeling so happy that coming back to this time meant she could witness the marriage for herself and not just hear stories from the two of them in her time when they came to visit it from Elliott. Kay reluctantly let go of John's hand to clap for the brides, feeling so happy for the two of them. She chuckled when the wolf whistles started, making her look toward the back to see who it was then looking back to the front again. She wasn't in the least surprised that it was coming from teenagers. When the clapping finished, she instinctively took John's hand once more, feeling like it was just the right thing to do in this moment.

John rolled his eyes and smirked when he saw the source of the wolf-whistles. He wasn't surprised at all. "Typical teenagers." Rinaa turned back, looked at them and laughed. "They're Matteo's friends and I'd expect no less." Like Fia she'd only known the stories of Cliff and Cal's wedding, and being able to experience it was something she'd considered when making her plan to go back in time. She'd seen the photos when she was younger, but they didn't do the event justice. The wedding photos held a special significance for her as they were one of the few photos that showed Jay and Elliott together, as a couple, happy, and for many years she'd carried around a copy of one of the photos with her. The photos couldnt convey the atmosphere of happiness, joy, love and excitement.

John joined in with everybody clapping, joining in the people who felt the couple deserved a standing ovation. After kissing, Cliff turned straight to Benji and said in a loud enough voice for everybody in the audience to hear. It was a tone of a woman not to be messed with, the same tone she used for giving orders during a medical operation. "Benjamin Miyakas did you seriously mention YOUR sex life at MY wedding?" Benji shrugged guiltily the only words he was capable of saying being "errrrrr" not able to tell yet if Cliff was genuinely angry with him or not. "I wouldn't expect any less from you really, but somehow it worked." She continued while Cal tried desperately to stifle her laughter at the looks of relief on Benji's face. Befor ehwr brother had a chance to say anything further, Cliff turned, linked an arm with Cal and together the two walked down the aisle towards the area where the official photos were to be taken. Elliott watched them walk, smiling broadly, before his eyes caught on the tall figure who'd arrived late. "John look over there." He gestured discreetly, which of course meant that everybody else instantly and unsubtly turned the direction he was pointing. "Well bugger me sideways, he actually kept his word." There was surprise clearly evident in his tone, as well as a tinge of annoyance and a giant heap of suspiscion.

"took the words right outta my mouth" Kay said back at John's reaction to the wolf whistles. She also wasn't surprised when Rinaa confirmed that they were Matteo's friends, as she thought as much, so did Fia. Her attention rapidly turned to Cliff when she began to talk and she tried hard to not chuckle at her sounding like she was going to tear Benji a new asshole for the initial part of the speech, but that restraint broke when it continued and Benji's face of relief was greatly amusing. She watched the girls' walk down the aisle passes all their guests whilst taking note of the look on Elliott's face, smiling, happy to see him so happy and proud of his sister.

As he discreetly pointed out the figure at the back, just like everyone else, she turned and looked over at who he was pointing to. With John's reaction, she felt she didn't need to be told who it was to be able to guess easily enough. She noticed all the various tones in John's voice as he spoke, "the questionable father I take it?" She commented. She of course only knew about him from what John had told her, but she felt it was enough to have her own issues with the man. As she once said to John, the guy may be Elliott's father but John was his dad, even if the word was never used between them. It was John that brought him up and looked after him, so therefore John was his dad, not this other guy.

John and Elliott nodded in unison, with a look on their faces that said 'who else could it possibly be?' Rinaa was particularly curious, she'd never met Elliott's birth father, only seen his grave, he too have having died before he was born. Moya was the one who actually spoke a confirmation. "Well with those cheekbones it could hardly be anybody else." The others looked at her in surprise, from their distance they could barely make out a face, let alone the structure of his cheekbones. Moya gestured at her eyes, realising that she was getting involved in a family moment that had nothing to do with her. "Bird eyes, they can physically zoom in on things." She said by means of an explanation.

"That's gotta be useful, and yes, that is Zan." "I'm gonna just go ahead and ask." Chas declared, before aiming the next question at Elliott only."Is he supposed to be here or if he's just crashing the thing?" Elliott sighed, then shrugged, not looking at the others as he spoke. "He wasn't originally on the guest list, Cal didn't even know if he was aware of the fact she was engaged. But he did know it came up the other day in prison. He wasn't an arse about not being invited either, he wasn't suprised by that fact. He basically says that for what it's worth Cliff is a perfect match and that he won't show up if he's not wanted." "And was he?" "That was Cal and Cliff's choice and they said he could come, just not to make a big show of being there. Which he hasn't, as you can see." Elliott's tone could only be described as complex, not sure how to feel about anything.

Kay could read their faces well enough to know exactly what they were conveying to her. Fia hadn't known anything about Elliott's birth father other than the very little that was told, similar to Kay's knowledge, and of course the whole recent he was visiting Elliott in prison ordeal. As far as Fia was concerned, John. Was Ell's father and that made Elliott her brother. That's all she cared about and that's the only way she'd ever see things. Nothing would change the fact that she grew up with Elliott as her big brother whom she was close to in her timeline.

When Moya spoke up the confirmation, like the others, Fia and Kay both looked at her wondering how she could possibly see that much, only to quickly to get their answer by her explanation. Both girls were impressed by the reasoning, especially as neither of them had that kind of vision when they were both of the pheonix race. They also both noted how Elliott used his father's name which neither girl could blame him for doing. Kay certainly didn't as she felt the same way about her own father before Rinaa killed him. Chas then asked the question that was on the tip of Kay's tongue about Zan's presence at the wedding, only to listen to Elliott's answer about why he was there. She had to admit it was a very mature and commendable decision on Cal and Cliff's part to still invite him on those terms. "They're better people than I'd be if I was in their shoes, I can tell ya that much" she had to remark. There would be no way in any Hell that she would have invited her father to anything like a wedding, if he was alive. If she was brutally honest with herself, the shit he was telling John about her still did run through her mind every now and then. So the fact that Cal and Cliff could look passed the past of Cal's father enough to say he could come to the wedding was very commendable in Kay's eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back