• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay remembered about him saying he needed a holiday when he got back home and smiled with a chuckle at the retort. It was like he knew her as well as John better than she did by this point. She laughed at the idea of the two being one hundred years old, like with most people, not being able to see either as old men. She could picture their personalities still as old men but visualise them. It was just too weird a thought. Not to mention that mean she'd be near enough that as she was that much younger than John, being thirty one herself. Which reminded her, it was only a month away from her birthday.

"You deserve your vacation Chas, we'll make sure you get it. I mean, I'm not expecting this one-" gesturing toward both her bump and teenage Fia at the same time "for at least probably 4-5months after we get back home, so you got your time to escape before the mayhem of a newborn appears and John no doubt freaking the fuck out over it, needing his bestie" she smirked. This was of course going by the idea that Fia would be on time and not premature, which Kay definitely didn't want. Even if she did ever start the complaining about not wanting to pregnant during that time. Which she fully expected she would end up doing. Seeing the score still tied, she wondered if anyone would actually make the winning goal by this stage.

Nobody made any comment as to when they'd actually get back home, back to Earth. As both Elliott and Cal had explained (with varying amounts of cursing) that everything was in place for Elliott's 'trial' except for their father who was refusing to show the vaguest hint of being in a hurry to get back from whatever duty it was that he was attending to off-world. It had crossed Elliott and Cal's mind that he was doing this deliberately to be an arsehole about the whole thing. Cal had made up her mind that if he showed up the week of the wedding, she was breaking Elliott out and declaring that he, their father could wait until aftrer she was finished getting married for the trial.

"I deserve many, many vacations after all these years, and not a holiday like that time you and I went to the Costa del Sol John." Chas narrowed his eyes in mock annoyance while John chuckled, remembering the craziness of that particular holiday. "I promised you a good time mate and we sure as Hells had one." Chas just sighed at that response, knowing he technically couldn't deny it. The focus returned to the area below. It was Jay who had the ball, but she found herself boxed against the forcefield by Cal and Elliott, with Rinaa too far away to barge through them. So Jay threw the ball high over their heads in a parabola curve towards the top of the forcefield and at the same time Rinaa launched herself up the forcefield, increasing speed until she was almost skating upside down, she grabbed the ball from the air, shot down the other side of the forcefield and smashed the ball through the hoop.

Kay ideally really didn't want to birth to Fia in Attil, and something told her she does in Fia's timeline. Yet she had to give thought to the prospect that it could end up being the case. Especially as they were sticking around for a lot longer than she originally thought would be the case. It actually made her realise how naiive they all were when they originally thought they'd be just breaking Elliott out and fleeing Attil in one hit. When the two of them spoke about that particularly last holiday they had, she remembered them briefly telling her about it before when they were well and truly on earth in John's apartment.

As the action kept going on, she turned her attention back to the game and saw technique used to make Jay and Rinaa the winners of the game. She was highly impressed with Rinaa's moves to get that winning goal as she applauded them for the game. "Guessing you two will want a go now?" She queried to Fia and John. "Only if dad is up for it" Fia replied, having been gripped the entire time, itching to give it a go the moment she could, and she knew she wouldn't hold back either.

"Oh I'm totally up for it." John smirked, he'd been glued to the action and wanted to try for himself. He knew the others would be able to run rings around him and completly trash his ass at it, but that didn't bother him. It was insane to watch and he could only imagine that with training it was just as insane to play. With the game over Cliff deactivated the forcefield and made her way down into the pit arena to congratulate them all on a very good game, and to pass out towels. They'd put their all in, and as a result were soaked with sweat. "You certainly put on a good show. Gave a real sense of how beautiful and awesome this game can be. They" she gestured at the seats "were damn impressed, wouldn't surprise me if John and Fia want to learn to play."

She looked at Elliott with a smile "you did great for somebody who hasn't played in years." Elliott tapped his forehead. "It's all up there, it's a good thing I stayed in shape and learned parkour otherwise I'd have really struggled. But it feels just like I remembered it." He looked over at Jay who nodded. "It's been a while for me too. But it's not the kind of sport you just forget." Cliff turned her focus on Rinaa who was wiping the sweat from her hairline. "Never doubted you had skills in this game, the last goal was ballsy, but a thing of beauty." "I get to practice regularly in my timeline. Being raised off-world had its perks, and one of those it that as soon as we did move off Earth, Jay started teaching me to play, and no matter where we went, I could find a club. It's even slowly coming to Earth."

Fia grinned at hearing that from John. She was mostly excited at the idea of kicking back and having fun with her dad again as it had been a long time. It'd mostly been all 'work' and very little fun. "No hold backs?" She asked him, which made Kay roll her eyes, usually when those three words were said, that meant many an injury and foul play. She was beginning to see their kid grew up with a very competitive streak. Both girls watched as Cliff went down to the pit to hand the group towels and talk with them about the game. "Of course our kid has a competitive personality" Kay said rolling her eyes but smiling. "I literally got brought into the world by two of the most competitive and stubborn people I know. There wasn't an ounce of a chance I wouldn't be competitive" Fia said in a smug tone. Kay couldn't actually come back with anything to that logic as she knew Fia had a point.

The moment Cliff gestured towards the seats, both of them knew she was talking about them in some shape or form. Neither of them really knew what was being chatted about but it was a case of guessing that it was just about the game and how Elliott still had it after all these years. Kay and Fia couldn't think it's be anything other than that.

"Competitiveness goes without saying." It had been implied to exist in Rinaa's timeline, and Fia would have grown up with people like Jay, Elliott, Leah, Trish and Chas who were all competitive over various things. John smirked at the words. He was most certainly game for that. "I'm all in, but it's probably worth checking with the doc first, see if she's okay with it." Fia may be able to heal herself like Kay was, but he wasn't and using magic would be sure to send up some kind of red flag, and he suspected the pheonix healing might too. John hadn't quite worked out the mechanics of how it worked yet. He also knew Jay had a healing ability, but it wasnt the strongest or the most efficient.

He made his way over to the players and caught the end of Rinaa and Cliff's discussion. "They have it on Earth in you're time?" She nodded. "Its slowly becoming a thing as aliens become accepted in society. There have been underground clubs for five(ish) years, but it's slowly hoping mainstream. Needless to say, my lab has an arena of sorts. More rudimentary than this, and no rocket shoes. But we got a proper ball and some decent safety gear." Rinaa knew exactly where it was heading. "Guessing you two want to give it a try?" "Hells yes, it looks better in real life than in old memories." Cliff checked her watch. "You're in luck, there's about fory five minutes til training starts here, so we can get you kitted up. No plasma though. Unleashing you with rocket shoes and armour is enough for one go."

Fia smirked at John saying that competitiveness went without saying. Just like in her timeline, it seemed that John and her had that natural bond to always end up agreeing with each other and in a playful manner, gang up on Kay. When he said they should check with Cliff first, she nodded, thinking it was only right to do as such. If her phoenix healing did cause any flags to rise, it wouldn't be down to purposely making it happen. Phoenix healing wasn't an ability that Kay or Fia could just activate like a magic spell or how they thought Jay would tap into it. It just happened naturally, whether they wanted it or not.

She followed John down into the pit gladly, making it down with a discreet flair and lightness compared to before. She listened to how in Rinaa's timeline they had plas-ball, and it made Fia actually a little jealous. John then beat her to it when it came to the question of if they wanted to give it a go. When Cliff gave her negotiation to allow them to try it, Fia nodded with a smile. "Sounds fair to me!" She replied. Kay watched on from the seats, feeling another twinge from before as the excelerated growth kicked in a little bit once more, making her rub her bump. "I really hope if Fia gets hurt in any way her phoenix ability of naturally healing doesn't cause any red flags to spark up." She commented, in equal measure of to herself and to Chas. "It's not an ability that our kind can just turn on and off" she said.

Chas could hear the worry in Kay's tone and it was justified. Alien planet, with a hostility by some towards magic, plus two versions of the same daughter, one teenager, one foetus. "Cliff's not gonna let that happen. She's a responsible one and knowing her, I highly doubt she'll let them handle the plasma on their first go. They were reluctant to let me handle it, but the others vouched that I was the sensible one." He told her, watching the figures below. Seeing that they were going to be staying for a while longer, the four took off the rocket boots and exchanged them for regular armour boots for comfort. They started messing around with the ball, showing off what tricks they knew as Cliff led John and Fia to get suited up.

John nodded at Cliff's terms, they were fair. Although the others moved with practiced ease in their gear (espescially Cal whose gear had been custom made) John knew that wearing it wasn't as easy as it looked, he'd worn armour before and it always found some place to irritate. "You can make yourselves useful and grab these two pairs of boots." Cliff gestured, picking up the other two pairs herself. Due to the rocket mechanism the boots were weighty. "Also I need to know your foot size in inches as that's the measurement we use for shoes here." She led the way into the proper gear room, hooking up the pairs of boots and allowing the fuel to drain. To one side was a neatly organised shelf of armour pieces. "As for armour make a guess, and I'll see if it's right."

Kay nodded knowing Chas was right. She could trust Cliff with Fia as she trusted her wholeheartedly with her own life and unborn version of her kid, not to me room she trusted John with Fia as she was his as well. She also knew of Fia was as competitive and determined as either of them, she'd find a way of injuring herself even if it was just scraping her knees or elbows from trying to learn the rocket boots and balancing. She kept watch of everyone down below, seeing the others starting to remove certain parts of the kit. "I know she'll keep her safe, but I can also tell how determined she is, even a scraped elbow will trigger the healing factor" she explained, talking from experience.

Fia looked at where Cliff was gesturing and she picked up one of the pairs of boots, leaving the other pair for John to pick up and carried them. They were weighty, that much Fia couldn't deny, yet she found they weren't as bad as she was imagining. Though it was said that the phoenix could hold a lot of weight with no problem, and even carry weight a bit heavier than themselves with no problem. Fia just never knew or got round to finding out if that was true or some rubbish written by a Harry potter nerd. She found it interesting that they measured foot size by inches, as well as finding it slightly weird yet she still quickly mentally did the math in her head, "I'm 8 9/16" in size of I've done my calculations correctly which I'm sure I have" Fia said. She wasn't as good at maths as Rinaa, but she wasn't completely bad at it like Kay was. There were times when maths came in handy, as she made alot of her own thigh satchels and the like.

"Inches really?" John raised an eyebrow at the measurement, prompting Cliff to elaborate as she took the other pairs of boots from them in order to drain any fuel that may remain from them. "Well technically speaking we don't actually use inches, we use a different measurement system. But for doing a quick calculation inches is best, as it's the closest in length." Cliff pulled out a pair of boots, and hooked them up to a fuel line. John gave his shoe size, which was quite a bit bigger than Fia's. His feet didn't look as big as they were. Cliff made the calculation again and pulled out another pair of boots, hooking them up to fuel just like the last pair.

While the fuel (a sort of amber liquid) liquid was put into the boots, John removed the trench and tie, throwing them at a wall hook to hang. He then began rooting through the various sizes of armour pieces, fitting them against himself to get a size estimate. The training armour was all in the same matt black colour, but John knew that each team had their own identifying colouring for their armour. In the case of casual players it was cloth bands tied around the arms, but professional teams had custom armour.

There was nothing Chas could say in response to that. All he could do was hope that it wouldn't set off red flags. Down below Jay was taking the spinning a ball on your finger trick up a notch. She gripped the ball between her feet, going into handstand position and through some miracle of dexterity managed to get the ball spinning on one foot. Both Elliott and Cal were taking photos, for different reasons.

Fia didn't question it even though she did find it strange, but as John asked, she listened to the explanation and it then made sense to her. It wasn't a surprise that John would have bigger feet than her little size 5 feet, it would be more worrying if it was the other way round. Fia took her own jacket off and put it on a hook next to his stuff, and like John looked through the armour to find the best fitting set for her tiny frame. Hers would be slightly more difficult than John's as she got Kay's genes when it came body shape, but she eve really found pieces that would fit her.

Kay knew there wouldn't be anything that Chas could say to what she explained. It did feel a little strange that there was something she could educate him on something and not the other way round. She was so used to being told things, that it was rare for her to be the one who gave the information. She looked down at the rest of the group and saw Jay showing off by spinning the ball on her foot, whilst Rinaa and Elliott took photos. "I swear everyone we know has a show off streak in them" she chuckled.

The armour wasn't a perfect fit, but it was as near as made no difference. It was made of just leather, no lining or insulation of any sort except around the joints, but that was to help secure the joints together. The leather itself was scratched and worn from years of use, but there were no obvious holes or weaknesses. Wearing the armour made John look dramatically different, but part of that was the lack of trenchcoat which was his second skin. He wouldn't be surprised if one day, it took a leaf out of Doctor Strange's book and became sentient. (That's if it wasn't already sentient he thought wryly). Once both were suited up, Cliff examined for fit and size, and could only find complaints with way the elbow and knee sections were put on.

Chas could only agree with that. "Yup they all have it, I suppose it stems from their competitive natures in a way. And the fact that a lot of them are adrenaline junkies to boot. Certainly keeps things interesting." He gestured at Jay "I certainly had no idea that you could do that without dropping a ball of plasma on your face." When the ball began to lose speed she caught it securely between both feet, before bending both knees back then snapping them forwards to launch the ball which Elliott caught one handed. She then easily flipped back to a standing position. When the heavy duty forcefield was up, it acted as a sound insulator, allowing the players not to get distracted by the shouts of the audience.

Fia noticed how different John looked in the armour. She was used to seeing him without the trenchcoat and sleeves rolled up, but not in anything else like armour, especially black clothing. With Fia, the black armour against her vibrant hair and fair skin tone, made her look like she could be a modern day fantasy novel like Shadowhunters or similar, but it surprisingly suited her so well and it was obvious she felt right in it. She let Cliff check everything over and fix anything that was wrong or not quite right. "Ya know...even in my timeline don't think I've ever seen you look so different dad" she smiled.

Kay agreed with Chas that it probably was stemmed from all their competitive streaks. She looked across at Jay when he gestured to her as a point in case scenario. "Makes two of us" she replied, watching as Jay kicked it up into the air to have Elliott catch it one handed which she found pretty impressive. She wondered how the other two were getting on but k Ew they'd show themselves soon enough, she wasn't worried, just curious about the two of them in some kind of armour.

John knew that when it came to wearing armour, people fell into two categories- confident or clueless. It was obvious to him that Fia fell into the former category, she showed no outwards signs of discomfort and it just looked right. He half wondered if it was some kind of ancestral memory that made her so at ease in it. The type of comfort Fia displayed in the armour was a different comfortable to the way Jay and Rinaa wore armour. Those two wore it like warriors, with utter confidence and gave off an aura like that of a predator, waiting for the right moment to strike. John wore it with more of a 'I know how to fuck you over while still looking good in this.""Guess I don't make a habit of waltzing around in a suit of armour in the future. Armour suits you by the way." He added, following Cliff back out.

Seeing Jay throw the ball from her feet impressed Cal, meaning that she had to try it for herself. It took her longer to figure out how to grasp the ball comfortably between her feet, with Jay watching carefully and instructing her on how to do it. Jay was a surprisingly good teacher, something which Cal hadn't picked up on, even though Elliott had told her that Jay had been the one to advance his training. Seeing that everybody was doing their own thing, Rinaa decided to pull out the punchbag and get in some practice with armour. Elliott volunteered to help, standing behind the punchbag and planting his feet so he wouldn't be pushed backwards by the force of her blows. Elliott had seen her punch in anger, explosive shots designed to give maximum impact, but these were measured and controlled.

If there was some kind of ancestral memory making Fia comfortable and feel at ease in the armour, she didn't know about it. She learned some of the things about her phoenix heritage but she still had so much of the history to learn she didn't know if armour wearing was normal for their kind or not. She didn't truly know about that dream Kay had all that time ago about Paradise and the home of the phoenix. She smiled at his reply and took his compliment to heart as she knew it was rare. "Thanks. Feels right to wear" she replied, following Cliff back out also.

Kay watched as Jay started to teach Cal how to spin the plas-ball using her feet and smiles at how well Jay was teaching her, then glanced when Elliott was helping Rinaa with her punches with the punch bag. She noted what a perfect father daughter moment it looked to her, when out the corner of her eye, she saw Fia and John walk back out with Cliff. Her interest got piqued greatly by that point, seeing how right Fia looked in the black leather armour. "Well I'll be..." She muttered.

They all looked up at the arrival of Fia and John, noting the difference the armour made. Fia particularly stood out and Rinaa's eyes widened as the sight triggered memories from an alternate self. She also noticed that Fia wore the armour easily and comfortably as if she'd been doing it all her life and the old anger surged up. It had taken her the basis of half a year to get that comfortable in armour. Sometimes it seemed to Rinaa as if everything she struggled at Fia could do with utter ease. She knew it wasn't true and it was just past trauma talking, but she couldn't shake the thought easily. But she said nothing, just nodded briefly in their direction, before biting down on the side of her lip, putting her head down and returning to the pattern of blows she was inflicting on the bag.

"You clean up well. Black suits you." Elliott smirked, directing the remark at John more so than at Rinaa, he could feel the shift in her blows, but said nothing. "Could be improved by slinging a black trench over it to give that cyberpunk alley lurker look." Elliott rolled his eyes knowing that if given the tiniest sliver of a chance, John would jump at that opportunity. "Think this on its own counts as formal enough gear for the wedding?" John smirked back, meaning the comment as a joke. "Looking good in armour at weddings is reserved for the people getting married. It's a rule, always wear your second best armour to a wedding, but your best clothing. It stems from warrior culture. I think."

Cliff cast an eye at Jay who nodded. "In the full on warrior cultures, like Isogrii armour is worn all the time, with custom suits made for marriage ceremonies. The attendees wear the second best suit as a mark of respect and so as not to accidentally outshine the people that day is actually about." Up in the seats Chas cast an eye at both Fia and John. "I wouldn't say damned if I were you. A bit too literal really in his case."

Fia couldn't have predicted how comfortable the armour was to wear. She was actually expecting it to be uncomfortable and her to change her mind on trying the game out due to discomfort. So it was as much of a surprise to her as it was to everyone else. She didn't want to come across as doing everything better than Rinaa, knowing it was a sore subject for the girl. She saw how Rinaa's eyes widened at the sight of her and it made her slightly uncomfortable seeing Rinaa turn back and start really punching the punch bag.

She tried to focus on the conversation going on between everyone else to get her mind off what Rinaa could be thinking. She smirked at them all shooting down John's jokey comment about wearing it to the wedding with hard facts. "Tough luck dad, looks like you'll find another way to scrub up" she said in a cheeky tone, her tongue ever so slightly poking out the side. Kay from up top wondered what was being said, but she could sense from Fia's ever so slight body shift that something made her uncomfortable down there briefly even if she couldn't fully make out what it was, she took a guess it was to do with Rinaa as no one else had issues with Fia. As she watched on, she felt like she was getting mental images in her mind, making her try to keep it discreet, she shifted in her seat and places the side of her head in her palm in 'casual' pose so not to draw attention to herself.

John shrugged, then smirked, seeing a loophole. "Technically all I need to is aquire two sets of armour and I'm able to obey the rule." "You're not wrong" Cal nodded. "Technically that works, but anybody who knows anything about armour and possesses any kind of skills gets a custom suit and takes a good chunk of time to make and modify. Trust me on this, I've made plate metal suits to order, pays amazing, but often the client is a complete asshole." "I know the type you mean, I've trained with them. And plate armour is damn expensive, but when made from a lightweight metal they are damn amazing to fight in." She turned to Rinaa. "Thoughts on full plate armour kiddo?"

Rinaa stopped her punching and considered the question. She'd managed to decrease her punch rate and strangth within a few minutes. The whole time she'd maintained a constant practiced breathing pattern that she used for combat. It sounded like stereotypical shrink advice, but focusing on her breathing and linking to her punching rhythmn did actually help Rinaa to keep everything in her mind under check. She stopped punching and Elliott let go of the bag. "An ill-fitting suit rubs like hell and is total inconvenience for climbing or running and don't even mention swimming. But a proper suit made of a carbo-metallic alloy can be surprisingly stealthy and has a surprising range of movement for parkour. I have a light plate suit in my lock-up, but rarely get the change to use it. Overall I'd favour leather or reinforced leather just for the manouverability and weight."

Last edited:
Fia listened to what was being said and she had to face palm at John finding the loophole in the information and the others encouraging such ideas from him. "Why do you lot have to encourage him?" She asked, but her tone wasn't of annoyance, just the opposite. Seeing Rinaa have an opinion on the subject and know what she was talking about didn't surprise Fia in the slightest. She wanted to say 'hes worse than a kid in this moments' but she held that bit back, trying to not talk about things from her timeline too much.

Kay kept watching on but she wasn't paying too much attention to it as what was going on in her head was completely and utterly distracting her. She was hating the fact that not only was feeling her damn foetus growing in her via twinges, she was also experiencing weird shit in her head that without her realising was making her massage her head, close her eyes every few seconds and hold her necklace in her free hand. Of all the times for her phoenix side to wake up after being dormant for a while, it had to wake up now after Fia walked out in armour.

Jay nodded at Rinaa's answer, she approved of it and the train of thought Rinaa was following. She could see herself and her brother in Rinaa, which wasn't necessarily a good thing in some people's opinions. But for Jay it showed that she could take care of herself and think logically in a dangerous situation. "Earth lock-up or off-Earth one?" Jay asked, rooting in her pockets and throwing over a roll of bandages and tossing them to Rinaa. It was something she always had close at hand. "My off-Earth one. Though I keep other suits in the Earth one, along with my bikes." An eyebrow raise from both Jay and Elliott and the mention of more than one bike. "Bikes plural?" "Yep. The off-world one isnt big enough for the bikes, but I got my hands on a shipping container on Earth, and it's where I store my bigger stuff, including various bikes adapted for different planetary terrains." She shrugged, winding the bandage around her hands.

At Fia's remark various smiles and smirks broke out. "It's fun first off. And it's not like you wouldn't do the same to us John." "Oh I'd sure as hell do the exact same thing in your position. Hells, I actually have encouraged myself and not in the motivational speech way......long story" He added by mens of explanation. "Plus a lot of this is culture stuff that you didn't simply have on Earth. What kind of hosts would we be if we didn't at least attempt to inform you about culture." A wry smile formed on her face. "Whether you listen or care is another matter, but you can't say we didn't try."

Chas was contemplating moving over closer so he could actually hear what was going on and see if he could make any form of useful input, but the changes in Kay were putting him on edge. He didn't know if this was because she wasn't exactly human and he was out of his depth in knowing what was a hood or a bad sign or because she was John's......whatever they were. "Hey, you okay?"

Fia heard what Rinaa was saying and it was one thing she didn't know if her Leah was the same or not, which made her wonder about that. She knew Leah had a couple of bikes but she didn't know the full extent of the collection or if she had a shipment container or anything to store stuff. Then came the whole 'we do it because it's fun' from Elliott and Cliff adding in her two cents. "It's not that I don't find it interesting personally. I actually think it's damn cool, in my timeline he's" gesturing toward John, "is a bigger kid than is teenagers sometimes and yes he does do the same to us" she chuckled.

She hadn't even noticed the little things she was doing until Chas asked her if she was okay. She looked up at him and didn't really know how to answer that question. She wasn't in harm's way as such for anything she didn't exactly feel 100% either. "I don't know to be honest... My phoenix side is waking up again... And I have no idea what is going on, it's like...I'm seeing my bloodlines past all over again in flashes, ever since Fia walked out in that armour" She told him, she took his reaction and concern as just a friend being concerned about another, and not because of anything else. If she knew he was still questioning what she was to John, she'd have told him to ask John because she would have guessed they could possibly see each other differently, something she hopes wasn't the case. She saw herself as John's partner, but she still didn't fully know if he saw her as that.

Cliff knew that planetary history and culture wasn't everybody's cup of tea, and she'd seen how certain people were piqued by certain things. Chas took an interest in anything different from Earth, Elliott tended to focus on what had changed while he'd been on Earth, Jay was interested in weaponry and culture, where as Rinaa liked weaponry and construction, as well as comparing to what she knew in the future. John's interests had a patterns she hadn't quite figured out yet, but a lot of it was based on how he could apply it back home against demons. But it was nice to know it was appreciated. "It's like that in my timeline too, or at least from what I've seen." Rinaa would the bandages around her hands, wrapping them precisely. She could punch with the plas-ball gloves, but today she wanted to feel the bag. John just rolled his eyes at the remark, shrugging it off. "Nice to know that doesn't change."

To Chas it sounded like the sight of the armour or Fia looking at home in it that had triggered some kind of hereditary memory. But he couldn't say for sure either. "If I had to guess, I'd say its some kind of hereditary memory being triggered. I know that certain Downworlder lineages have a shared ancestral memory base, and that timeline sensitive can know alternate realities and gain the memories of their counterparts. But this all speculation really. I know even less than you do."

Fia nodded at Rinaa confirming if was the same deal in her timeline as well with John. She was starting to seriously realise that it didn't matter the timeline or circumstances John couldn't change no matter what. "I think if dad changed too much the world would implode. It wouldn't know how to handle him having a different personality" she said in a tongue in cheek manner, noticing how John just shrugged the remark off and rolled his eyes.

Kay listened to what Chas was speculating about what was going on with her and it honestly was the only thing that even made any ounce of sense to her. "that what I'm thinking too, I'm seeing it all every time my eyes close, but sometimes those flashes are blurring with what's actually going on in this reality. On top of that I can feel unborn Fia growing and it's hurting." She explained, and it showed on her face. Her realities were mixing together, and with the addition of being pregnant it was all just making her feel incredibly pulled in every direction possible. "I might go for a walk.. just to the end of the row and back or something" she suggested, not even knowing if it's the right thing to do or not.

"Gotta agree on that." Elliott replied to Fia's remark, while Rinaa just nodded, tucking the ends of the bandage underneath to secure it. John just tutted and rolled his eyes, tempted to make some form of smart-alec remark about parenting, but decided against it, as that could only go wrong. Instead he opted for a change of subject that nobody would mind. "Yeah, yeah, yeah so what about actually getting to try out these Di..Wonder Woman crossed with Iron Man boots then before we natter the hole evening away?" "Fair point, we don't have as long as I'd like, but I'll be able to give the basics. The controls for the boots are inside in the sole. There's two main sensors that control speed. Press with the heel to brake, and with the toes to accelerate. The safety has to be taken off first, it's the switch near the knee." She used Fia's boot to show the location. "Try not to crash into everybody and start slow these have quite the kick."

Chas tipped his head to one side as he listened and considered. Blurring realities couldn't be a good thing, but maybe it was trying to say something or make her aware of something? At the mention of being able to feel Fia grow his face took on a 'that's both freaky and more information than I need to know, but yet I still need to know it' look. "That sounds really freaky, I'm guessing it's another one of the joys of accelerated pregnancy?" He scratched the side of his neck before continuing. "Is it stuff you've seen before or something completly new? Walking might help, put your mind on something else, but if you think you're going to black out then sit down again."

Fia chuckled at Elliott agreeing with her about John and his personality, it was made all that more amusing by John's reaction at the whole thing as she could tell he so wanted to be a smart-alec in this moment but decided to not to be. With the change of subject, she welcomed it as it was about giving this whole thing a go. She noticed he almost slipped up and clearly almost gave away Wonder Woman's real name, which made her discreetly raise an eyebrow before lowering it instantly again. She then focused her attention on Cliff and what she was demonstrating with the boots. Nodding at the instructions, she quickly mentally went over them in her head 'toes to accelerate, heels to break..got it'. It was times like this that made her glad she wasn't the shy kind of girl, and did as suggested, starting by going slow noticing the kick that Cliff mentioned.

Kay noted his expression when she mentioned about the whole Fia growing inside her thing. She knew for anyone's standards it'd technically be way too much information, but she had to say it as she felt if at least one more person knew when she grimmaced and touched her bump it was because of she could accelerated pregnancy, if it happened around someone who didn't know, she'd have someone who could back her up that it wasn't anything bad. "it is freaky and it is down to that, I can just tell, it's like twinges as it and my body changes from it. I guess similar to when the baby would kick in the womb" she explained. She had no idea how she'd know that, she just did.
"Completely new, but feels familiar at the same time. Maybe like a prequel to the crap I dreamt that one time? I can't be certain but that's my guess" she replied, nodding at his next suggestion. "I will" she reassured him, standing up hitching her breath as she did so before going for a slow walk down the aisle of seats. She was beginning to see her reality blur together more frequently. Flashes of a green environment then back to the arena environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back