• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Chas wasn't surprised that it had slipped Kay's mind. They had never really explained what happened that night, it hadn't come up since then. "It seems like it was ages ago, though its only been what, a few days?" The only thing note worthy was that everybody had been a little bashed up and Jay had used her ability to heal her bruised ribs and Rinaa's split lip. shrugged "I didn't mind being roped in, it was pretty fascinating actually. We were in the other arena, the big intimidating amphitheatre. The arena is set up differently there, they have a way to split it into levels of different heights connected by ramps." Chas demonstrated what he meant with his hands.

Cliff could see the interest in both their faces, and knew that some of it wasn't just curiosity, it was John wondering what kind of damage it could do to creatures like demons, vampires and anything stupid enough to cross him. And she knew that both would want to hold the ball, it was in their eyes. John waited, letting Fia speak first, knowing she was just as interested as he was. "Who could possibly say no to holding ball of dangerous particles? I'm in." Cliff passed over two extra set of gloves. "Fire immunity or no fire immunity, you can't handle it without gloves. This isn't even fire first off, and even though I'm trained to deal with burns, it's my week off and I'd rather not deal with it. So glove up." She wouldn't move on that, that much was obvious and John took his pair with no complaints. The material was thick and softened by years of use.

"right, that same night we did family film night coz of Fia's fear of storms" Kay remembered, thinking back on it all and seeing how bashed up some of them were when they all returned. She took in what Chas was saying and demonstrating with his hands about the other arena they were in that night. She then glanced down again at the two with Cliff as talk was being had and gloves were being handed over to the both of them. She had a feeling her kid and particularly John would want to hold the ball. It was seeing them both down there that she saw so much of John in Fia.

Fia knew exactly why John was curious about the plasma ball and asked the kinds of questions he did about it. She would have been lying if she didn't admit to having similar but not entirely the same thoughts go through her mind as well. She was most certainly her father's daughter in moments like this. She took the set of gloves with no qualms, nodding in agreement at what Cliff said. She put the gloves on noting how thick they were but also how soft the fabric was. Inside, she was getting excited about the idea of holding plasma in the form of a ball.

The gloves didn't look ridiculous when teamed with John's trenchcoat and general get up. In fact it added to it, making him look like a shady businessman who'd been disposing of bodies in baths of dangerous chemicals. Wiggling his fingers around in the gloves John knew that the fabric would indeed protect him from corrosive demon blood and guts, but at the same time would hinder his spell casting ability. That wasn't to say that gloves hadn't been part of the outfit. They had, back when he was younger, but it was purely for aesthetic reasons. The fingerless leather gloves gave no proper protection, but acted as a sort of boxing glove. John had gotten rid of them eventually, after burning multiple pairs when setting his hands alight.

With their gloves on, Cliff passed the ball over to Fia. "Hold it with two hands first, it's heavier than it looks." She advised, knowing that everybody underestimated the balls weight. It was deceptively heavy, closer to bowling ball weight. But the strangest thing about the ball was that it had a very definitive presence, it hummed in the air, a low reminder that it was dangerous. The surface wasn't malleable, but the intense heat could be felt easily through the gloves. "I'm guessing players don't wera these kind of gloves?" "Nope, the whole playing armour is made out of lightweight hide toughened with a special non metallic alloy that acts as an insulator."

Fia held out both her hands out of instinct, as she took the ball into both her hands, seeing exactly what Cliff meant by it was heavier than it looked. "Reminds me of the weight of a bowling ball" she commented, taking in the weight of it, the hum it made and it the heat it radiated. She could feel it easily, but luckily for her it wasnt a bother as such, where she could imagine for some people not like herself or John, would want to hand it back as quickly as they took it from the heat alone.

She listened to the question and answer that was discussed between John and Cliff whilst she stared at the ball taking it all in for a few moments before handing it over to John so he could then hold it. She glanced up at Chas and Kay with a smile, and Kay couldn't help but notice how much of a typical kid she looked in that moment, as she just waved to Fia, earning a short mini wave back before turning back to the moment at hand. Kay noted how Fia's hair seemed to just glow under the light of the ball and the lights of the arena, her blonde highlights standing out against the intense orange of her hair.

John could see the way Fia's arms dipped slightly under the unexpected weight of the ball, a confirmation to Cliff's words. Like Kay he noticed that the balls radiance made the blonde highlights even more visible. Fia really was an emalgamation of both of them. It was almost too much for him to take in, but he'd followed Elliott's philosophy of just getting on with it as being shocked and trying to understand and rationalise it wouldn't help, only make it worse. So far it was going surprisingly well. John found himself thinking that he could get used to this life with the large and diverse group of people around him. But he couldn't help wondering what was the cost and what was the small print.

He was snapped out of his thoughts by Fia passing the ball over. The weight surprised him, even though John had been exoecting it. "Gotta agree on that, its what a nine, a ten k ball?" "Give or take a little." Cliff nodded. "It's a work out to carry it up and down the stadium steps or to run laps holding it. Obviously players start with a regular basketball and from there we progress to light plasma, gradually getting heavier and heavier as skill and age increase." John couldn't resist it, even with thick gloves he had to try and spin the ball on one finger. It took one false start, but he managed to get it perfectly balenced on his errect middle finger. "Somebody take a picture quick so I can use this as the background photo on every League device, including cyborg."

Fia had no idea what was going through John's or Kay's minds about her, if she had known she would have been taken aback slightly at them thinking about her appearance and how obvious it was she was their kid. But she didn't and was blissfully unaware by it all, as she handed him the ball, seeing he was just as taken aback as she was by the weight of it. She nodded when John was in agreement by her comparison to a bowling ball of it. Which just made her think back to one of her birthdays and they took her bowling, she was always tiny in frame, but that time she was particularly tiny, no matter the size and weight of ball, they all pretty much hid her hands and needed John's and Elliott's help to even hold the item.

Her memory of that birthday flashing through her mind that she didn't even rest hear what Cliff was saying in response to John. It was only when he decided to do the stereotypical move of spinning it on his index finger that she snapped out of her own thoughts. She took her phone out and took a couple of snaps from different angles to get the best lighting on his face to make him look as badass as possible. "Done! I'll send them over now" she said, sending all photos to his phone before putting her phone away. Even Kay from up in the seating area snapped a couple of photos, despite them not being as good as what Fia would have managed to take.

It if hadn't been a ball of dangerous plasma, John would have attempted to spin it on his nose. But since it wasn't and as a general rule he was very fond of his nose and found it extremely useful, he decided that burning it away was not a good idea. John was wondering whether sending over the photos would even work, there was a distinct possibility he might have changed his number due to his personal line being found out (again). But the photos came through, so he didn't need to bother even thinking down that alley. "Excellent" He smirked. "I'm going to enjoy driving Cyborg up the wall with this as it's gonna pop up every time somebody mentions my name, which is quite, given the bollocking I gave them a while back."

At that point the players came out. All were dressed in identically styled light armour, made of some kind of leather hide (reinforced as Cliff had mentioned earlier with a special alloy). It was black as a base colour, but most customised theirs, as was evident in Cal and Rinaa's gear. Jay and Elliott had to make do with the spare gear, which fit surprisngly well. The armour covered all skin, except for the head, which was left clear. All had their hair tied firmly back, even Elliott, who'd finally rid himself of the makeup. Rinaa's cyberpunk giggles hung around her neck. All were wearing thick metallic boots, which reminded John of the Wonder Woman boots. He couldn't help but see them when Diana insisted on wearing a skirt that short and boots that high. At the back were a series of booster nozzles.

The reason Fia could send the photos across was because when no one was looking, she got the number off of Kay's phone a couple of days ago as 'just incase I need it' scenario. She would have said something of how she had his current number when she was from his future, but she decided to play the whole 'a girl needs her secrets' game. Fia just chuckled at John's comment about it winding up cyborg the most, making her think if this could be the side of John where she picked up her prankster personality. "You're such an arse but I love it" she laughed.

Fia looked across at everyone walking out in similar armour, and noting how it all really was just how Cliff described it. She also noticed Elliott finally got rid of all the make up he had previously been wearing and saw the brother she knew and loved back again. The boots were insane, yet Fia was strangely digging them, even if she wouldn't ever wear something like that herself. She did think how they had an Amazonian sort of vibe going on. She may not have met any of the League, but that didn't mean she hadn't seen footage on TV or pictures in newspapers of them to know what they all looked like. If Kay was down there and sitting up in the seats, she would have definitely made some kind of little comment about them, yet where she was from she couldn't make out the similarity well enough.

"Thanks, y'know being an arse is literally in my description on the data base" John was enjoying making Fia laugh. "And before you ask, I didn't put that there myself." "He's not lying on that bit, I did some snooping around through the Watchtower files." Jay commented as she made her way over to John, Fia and Cal. There was something about the way Jay and Rinaa walked in the armour that suggested that they had been born to wear it. It was in their blood and bones and ancestry. Warriors through and through. When they walked, their feet made no sound against the arena floor, unlike Elliott and Cal who hadn't mastered the art of stealth walking.

"Do I even want to know why you were snooping through my file?" John asked warily as Cal took the ball from him and passed it to Elliott. Out of all of them Elliott had gone the longest without playing. Elliott threw the ball from one hand to another getting a feel for the weight and size. As Cliff had mentioned, the gloves he was wearing were far more lightweight than the bulky ones used for transporting the ball. "They had Elliott's Attili file, and an incomplete version of my file. I wanted to see if there were any other files on Elliott's Earth self, and going through yours seemed like a good place to start. There wasn't any Earth files before you ask."

Fia smiled, feeling like she was rebonding with her dad in a weird way, knowing for him it'll be a first time bonding with her, which made her wonder if it would help him through the next few months before she technically comes into the world. She was about to reply to John, even began to open her mouth, when Jay interrupted their conversation saying how she snooped in his file. The stealth warrior stride that both Jay and Rinaa had was unmistakable to Fia. She was used to barely hearing them make steps in her timeline, but not so much in any kind of armour.

She watched Elliott get a feel for the ball's weight and size as John questioned why Jay would snoop around his files on the database. Despite watching Elliott, she was listening to Jay's answer, taking in everything she was saying. Hearing that they didn't have any earth files on Elliott was a relief to Fia, wondering if that would still be the case in her timeline. She knew they'd have nothing on her or Kay as John had successfully still kept them both a secret from the League. Which was always considered an achievement in itself as it meant the two of them were a secret from the League for over seventeen years.

Now that the League knew who Elliott was John was in no doubt that they'd try and make some kind of file on him and see what exactly they'd missed. Espescially as John had pointed out how they'd been duped by the Devra into thinking Elliott was a criminal based on what they'd said, and not stopping to think about the fact that he was barely a teenager at the time said crime was committed. The fact that John had also dropped the bombshell on them after hiding it for years meant there would be serious inquiry into what else he was hiding, but John doubted those would get far. Had he known that both Fia and Kay were unknown in both Rinaa and Fia's timeline, over the moon wouldn't even have described his emotional state. "I doubt it will stay that way." Jay nodded gravely. "Well, I've already wiped the files they had, and A.J's been given explicit orders to wipe any files they start creating."

"When did you find time to order that?" John asked, knowing that Jay hadn't had Earth communicating capabilities up until a few days ago. Jay gave a shrug. "I copied both files as soon as I found them, I deleted my files afterwards, deleting Elliott's would only cause suspicion. Then when shit hit the fan, I gave A.J and Kane three lists of orders to carry out. One for how to set up an array large enough to allow fast communication with Attil, and two others with different instructions depending on the outcome." Jay had suspected that Elliott would do something stupid like return to Attil, so she'd made her own plans.

Fia listened to the continuation of the topic of the files the League had on John and John's aquaintences, hearing him gravely say it probably won't stay that way, she couldn't help but smile ever so slightly, just the corner of her mouth arching upwards a little bit. She kept listening to what Jay had managed to do in such a short amount of time for them considering everything they've had to do to even get to Attil, she was impressed by Jay's talents.

"Also..don't think so negatively about the whole files thing and the League, just trust me on that one, as mum always says- 'hold onto a little hope'" Fia added, giving him the clue that his family was safe from the League without outwardly saying as such. She didn't want to completely say 'dad you're better at keeping us all safe from them than you think' but she also wanted to give him some kind of ease of mind at the same time. She knew John wouldn't ever do anything different that would jeopardize that fact of time, so she didn't see the harm in giving him the clue. "Anyway, you lot gonna play so we can see what this game is all about or what?" She asked, doing the rapid subject change to keep things light-hearted.

To hear that Jay had made contingencies for both outcomes was both reassuring and not reassuring at the same time. There was some part of her that thought this would all go sideways, and that was worrying for John in a way. It was part of her training to plan for every outcome, but it was a reminder that things could still go wrong. The risk coming here was enormous, and John found himself contemplating praying to see if some divine being up there would be willing to give him assistance, but decided against it, as they'd more than likely make things worse to spite him. So when Fi made her remarks he was glad for a change of topic. "I'll appreciate the sentiment, but not really my style. And for them to play, we gotta get out of the pit."

John vaulted back up, making his way back to where Chas and Kay were, resuming the same seating position between the two of them, choosing once again to ignore the actual seat part of the seat. With Fia safely out of the area, Cliff moved the boxes and gloves out behind the shield line, before heading to the control booth. She took the ball with her and placed it in the centre of the arena. Cal and Elliott took their positions on one side, Jay and Rinaa on the other. Their voices couldn't be heard, but it was clear by the 'up yours' gestures from botha ides that they were engaging in some pre-game banter. At the flick of a switch the force field wall activated with a loud hum. Unlike the one at the shooting range this one was thick and tinted ever so slightly. It stretched around the arena, mimicking it's oveal shape, higher in the middle and and narrower at the end.

Cliff's voice came over the arena speakers. "Okay people, here's how it works, standard rules apply, riding on the forcefield is obviously allowed, tackles are allowed, but no broken bones and dirty skirmishes this is my week off after all. First to five points wins, point per ring, no style points unless the audience is unanimously impressed. So if you wnat to show off, show off, but remember there's only two to a team, not the usual eleven."

Fia just knew that Jay's words of coming up with plans for every eventuality would play on John's mind, and for that she was a little irked, but kept it to herself. She was having a laugh with her dad then came Jay with the downer information. Not even her clue to him that some things go his way was proving to help. She followed John up and out of the pit with ease and sat on the other side of Kay, back in her previous contortionist-esque position.

Kay smiled when they both came back up to allow the others to play the game, she resumed her position of leaning against John's legs slightly as he refused to sit on the seat properly. She watched as the forcefield came up and the four in the pit clearly having a bit of ore game banter, judging by the signs flying upwards towards each other. Fia noticed the difference in the force field compared to the one at the range, whilst listening to the rules that Cliff was giving out to the four down below. Both girls knew this would be good to watch, even if the last time Elliott and Jay went against each other, albeit in a sparring session, she had to leave the room for a bit.

"Let the game begin then." Cliff finsiged with, and the ball was ejected onto the air by some kind of hidden mechanism in the arena floor. The four all lepat into action, quite literally. The first few minutes were a frantic scrabble for control and space as they all tried to grab for the ball. It was aggressive with elbows jabbed at ribs and sides, and people bashing the others out of the way to try and get ahead. Although Elliott had not played in years, he'd kept in shape with teagrds to running, sparring and parkour, so everything came back to him easily enough. Having rocket skates strapped to their feet meant they could gain greater speed than walking.

After a fewinytes the initial panic wore off and the game became more strategic and paced. There was a sort of elegance and grace to their movements, akin to figure skating passing, weaving, intercepting and blocking. It was a fast paced game that required attention to watch, but it was utterly gripping. They all made use of the forcefield to give speed boosts or to allow the occasional flip backwards. Elliott focused mainly on blocking as being the only male meant he had the bulkiest body out of them all. Jay and Cal were interceptors through and through, using their agility to come out of seemingly nowhere. Rinaa was a speeder, fast nimble, but at the same time violent and not afraid to get into a scrap for what she wanted. As the shortest (but not by much) she used her height to slip under the others arms and nab the ball from behind.

Kay and Fia both watched intently, Fia was quick to lean forward in her seat, unfolding her legs so she lean further forward, placing her hands either side of her face as she watched with great excuse. She knew if she was this gripped by watching four people play the game, then if she was watching the full proper game of 11, she'd be even more gripped. The strange elegance to it is what fascinated her the most, along with the speed.

Kay just watched not moving from her position, as she was all about finding comfort rather than anything else. As someone who did secretly like to dance, something that she had figured out Fia must have gotten from her a while ago, she did too found the movement they had the most fascinating to watch. She found herself gripped very easily to watching the game, just like when she'd be that typical American and be gripped watching a game of baseball.

Chas and John had both seen it before, John through Elliott's memories, and Chas through Elliott's memories and with the full team a few nights ago. But seeing it in person was something else entirely. They were utterly gripped, leaning in forwards to get a better view of the action. Elliott was rusty and that did show when put against Jay, Rinaa and Cal, but he did a decent job of holding his own. In Rinaa and Jay's movements it was easy to see their fighting skills and agility. Playing this game from such a young age was one of the reasons the Leahs were so agile and so fearless when it came to parkour. It wasn't visible from the seats but Rinaa's eyes had changed back to their birth colour.

The first point went to Jay. She and Elliott had been fighting for possession of the ball, one holding on to one side, the other tightly gripping the other side, spinning around in circles in attempt to break the ball free of the others grasp. Jay suceeded in getting it by throwing Elliott high over her shoulder, ensuring he gained enough height to do a proper langing and even find time to strike an iron man pose in that landing. To avoid Cal she ran for the forcefield, ran up it and flipped backwards, arcing high over the hoop and dropping the ball in while at the apex. It was damn impressive to watch and both John and Chas started applauding."Remind me why Earth doesn't have this and we're instead lumped with bloody soccer and bloody snooker?"

Kay was highly impressed by the stamina and athleticism of the four of them. She knew what Jay and Elliott could be capable of, but this was the first time she truly saw what Rinaa and Cal was able of. Despite being the only one who wasn't intent of leaning forward, she was still incredibly gripped by the game. She could t help but roll her eyes and chuckle at Elliott's 'iron man pose' when he flipped up due to Jay's actions and landed. She did applaud with the others when it warranted it.

"Because Earth doesn't have the level of imagination as these guys and be PMing a nation of snowflakes?" Kay replied giving her theory. She agreed with John that both those sports were incredibly boring, the only time snooker or pool was fun was when she played it with John for just fun or when she fancied being an utter flirt to guys in bars and distract the hell out of them. But that was a long long time ago now.

Chas could hear the outrage in John's voice that he was not able to play this game back home. Chas knew full well that if plas-ball was an official thing back on Earth, John would have been playing it all his life. "Bloody health and safety" John muttered darkly, looking as if his dearest wish was to find whoever came up with the concept of health and safety, bring them to a dark alley and brutally murder them in there. "And we don't actually have the technology on Earth to make said plasma and rocket boots." John made dismissive gesture. "That's just a technicality. You think these guys would let me have a go?" Chas laughed at the barely disguised eagerness in his tone. "Well, they let me try in the full size area, so it's not totally out of the question, plus those four and Cliff would gain great enjoyment trashing you at something."

Scoring the first goal had kicked things up a notch. It had been agreed that first to five was the winner. There was nothing to play for except their pride, but that made it all the better. The game kept its pace as the ball and players shot backwards and forwards across the course, at one point all off them using various parkour skills to blast themselves along the shield wall in pursuit of the person with the ball. The game gave an opportunity to using fighting and athletics skills in a new way. Rinaa was particularly adept at using her elbows as weapons,sticking mainly for the sides and chest, but at one point went for the neck in order to gain possession. Predictably the score ended up at 4-4 with Cliff keeping track and butting in with her own match commentary every so often.

Kay rolled her eyes at John's annoyance at the whole health and safety comment. He was never one for it in her eyes so it wasn't a shock he'd take that stance. She nodded at Chas' input agreeing that was a massive factor. When he asked if they all thought he could try it out, she knew it was only a matter of time before that became a question. "I was wondering when either you or Via would bring up that question" Kay remarked with a smirk and chuckle.

She had noticed how Fia was a near damn mirror to John's sitting position when it came to watching the game and just knew one of them would want to try it, if not both. "I was gonna say something but figured I'd get the 'dont even think about it' parental lecture" Fia commented back as she was used to that from Kay. "If you wanna do it ask them. I'm not gonna stop you kiddo. Future me might, but I won't" Kay replied to her, "and I'm sure if I tried in either timeline I'd get lectured with the whole 'you need to let her try things for herself. Stop wrapping her in bubble wrap'" Kay said, knowing full well she'd get that, as she got the feeling future John would be like that. "you got a point...that's exactly what happens" Fia laughed.

John of course could see no problems with letting Fia try out plas-ball. She'd already travelled through time and could clearly hold her own against demons, so on the scale of danger, it didn't even rank. Elliott had played as a kid and John had no issues with that as a parent and as a general person. He had to smirk at Kay's words, they sounded exactly like something he'd say. He was relieved to hear Fia confirm it. There was a niggling fear at the back of his head that becoming a parent to a child actually biologically related to him would make him into a completly different person, with different views. Becoming an overprotective helicopter parent was one of John's worst nightmares. The only way he believed proper learning could occur was through trial and error, which was why once Elliott was capable of blending in with humans John had given him plenty of freedom to make his own mistakes and find his own way. It was a relief to hear that he didn't change much, if at all.

"And besides, compared to literally everything else in our lives it's not even that dangerous. The most damage that happens in these games is bruised ribs, black eyes and the odd broken nose. But the same thing happens in contact rugby and that's deemed an 'acceptable sport' by most." John made aggressive airquote gestures as he spoke. "I really don't see how it could be a problem." He then turned to Chas. "You. Responsible parent, back me up here." "I genuinely gotta agree, I'd totally let my kid do this. Obviously with proper coaching and whatnot, but I'd let Trish do it She'd be amazing at it,its right up her alley."

Fia and Kay both listened to what John said to give his two cents on the conversation. Fia knew that John's way of making her try things for herself wasn't because he wasn't protective of her, he was. He wouldn't keep her off the radar from the League of he wasn't, but like he said, in comparison plas-ball was nothing. They then both looked at Chas when he backed John up on the topic. "the only times you're "over protective" of me is the time I'm born apparently, the whole League thing and home schooling, mum wont budge on that and you don't win that argument, you actually eventually agree with her. Otherwise you're 'she needs to do her own thing and learn things the hard way' and she's all 'but if what she gets hurt or found by something?' it's actually hysterical to watch" Fia clarified.

Kay listened to what Fia said and it actually made sense to her that those would be the times both of them would be over protective. It didn't seem that far off how John was with her, just amplified a bit like because Fia was a kid, whereas Kay was a grown adult. She knew John would be over protective when it would come to the time of Fia being born, he already was planning her house arrest for during her last few months after they leave Attil, so it all matched up in her eyes.

Neither of those two occasions surprised John. The first made sense as he was doing his best not to even think about that happening, given that the focus was supposed to be on making sure Kay didn't throw up a foetus (if such a thing was possible) and Elliott sorting out the various loose ends on Attil. If he stopped to properly think about what was coming John suspected he'd have a serious mental breakdown and spent a good few days in a state of 'Oh Hells what have I gotten myself into.' School had been the furthest from his mind, he'd given it no thought whatsoever. He hadn't made Elliott attend school as the language barrier was too great and coming up with a backstory would create a lot of red flags. Elliott had taught himself everything he deemed necessary for his own education. He was extremely smart, and John had no doubt that part of Rinaa's intelligence came from Elliott.

"Well I'm not changing my position on the League ever, so that makes sense. As for the rest, it's the method I came up with for Elliott, except it began differently with 'get rid of this language barrier and monosyllabic talking, help him regain control over the MindWalking projections and teach him how to blend in with the human race'. It worked, so I'm standing by that." "Also 'ringing Chas in the middle of the night' came into it quite a lot" Chas added. "Espescially during the first few months. But they were really rough nights. And I often ended up just staying over as it was a two person job, espescially when emotions were projected. But he came through, and it's all but gone. Being here, facing it, will erase it completely." As John and Chas spoke about Elliott they couldn't help but glance down at him in the arena just as he made an attempt to score that was foiled last second by Jay. He was showing some skill for a guy who hadn't played for over a decade.

Fia nodded on what John replied with and how Chas added in the blanks of when it came to bringing Elliott. She suspected John's way of bringing her up was driven from the way he brought up Elliott. She saw how they looked on over Elliott as they both spoke about him, which made her look over at him as well, admiration for her brother in her eyes. She always found a moment that made her feel so impressed with him or another reason to look up to him.

Kay nodded from everything that was being said, it all seemed so accurate to their personalities, and she definitely had hope that Elliott would move on from this past of his now he was back on Attil to get closure. "at least this time round Chas you might not have to be woken up at stupid o clock in the morning this time round. Unless both myself and John completely come stuck" Kay smirked. She too didn't want to think about the whole school years with Fia just yet, as she was still trying to wrap her head around the whole morning sickness and eccelerated pregnancy scenarios. Not to mention she kept wondering about where she would go for the birth, as she knew they'd have to think about that soon enough.

Chas just shook his head and laughed, knowing he would be called at some god awful hour for advice no matter what. "I'll appreciate the thought, but it's inevitable that I'm still going to be woken up at ridiculous hours anyway. Despite what you say now, it'll be me and Elliott on speed dial for everything." He let out a sigh, half of annoyance at how his life never let him make plans and half in amusement at his naivety a few days ago. "And to think I was planning to go on holidays when we get back." "As soon as we get off this planet, you'll get your holiday." "And then it'll be another what? Seventy years before my next one?" Chas retorted. He knew that once John and Kay had figured out parenting and toddlers, it would be around then that Rinaa/Leah would make an appearance. He'd found out from Rinaa that she had been through growth acceleration, rapidly skipping all the baby years as it was easier for stabilising the DNA.

Chas didn't even wanting to think what kind of shenanigans they'd be doing in seventy years time. Both he and John would be over one hundred years old, and very much deserving a holiday. John snorted with laughter at the mental image of himself as one hundred year old. He'd definetely still bleach his hair and wear the trenchcoat, though he had a feeling Chas would be more distinguished, but also the kind of person to hide a sword in his cane and know how to weild it with deadly accuracy. He was snapped out of his thoughts by Cla using the forcefield as a launchpad to jump over everybody's heads, landing in a roll before speeding off with the ball. The game was still tied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back