• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Hearing anyone call themselves broken beyond repair was gut wrenching, but to hear it from Rinaa just seemed to make it feel even worse in Kay's mind. She may be dying still or having excruciating side effects from one thing or another, but Kay didn't see Rinaa as broken. She was an incredible kid that had a mind like no other. To her, that was far from being broken.

When Rinaa replied to her suggestion about brownie making she couldn't resist the smirk that crept on her face, especially when she saw Rinaa scrunch up her face in a clearly thought process of wondering if she could successfully manage such a feat. She chuckled when Rinaa told them both about the chocolate cupboard at her lab she works at. "Well I agree with you kid on that chocolate makes everything feel better for a short while. I'll get baking" she told her back, getting up and walking to the kitchen to make herself useful in some way or another. She was also well aware that Rinaa wouldn't have ever tried her baking as she wasn't around when the cake was baked that Toby pilfered.

"There's a scientific study that proves that actually. Won an Ig Nobel prize, so we laminated all forty-something pages of it and strung it on the door." She recalled the memory fondly, but it had a bittersweet tang to it that was like a dagger to her side. Just as Chas missed Trish, she missed her friends and future Jay, the few people she could have a proper breakdown around, without fear of embarrassment or ridicule. She hadn't gone as far as to subject this time's Jay or Elliott to one of her worse days, she wanted them to see the better side of her, not the side that had been crushed from years of everything. And they did not need to be subjected to trying to figure out how best to deal with her other host of mental problems. She hadn't been lying that day on the ship when she'd mentioned problems with depression and self loathing, only amplified by her death.

Rinaa shoved the scrunched up paper into her trouser pocket and shoved the notebook back into her backpack. She closed the classified files, not feeling like explaining them to Kay, who could see them from her angle if she made an effort. Instead she pulled up the bike schematics and began fiddling around with modelling tools and design concepts for colours and paintjob. "Hey kiddo, can I ask you two question I'm almost certainly going to regret?" Chas broke the silence a few minutes later, two things preying on his mind. "And I'm gonna regret answering, so shoot." "Am I connecting dots where there are none in thinking that earlier, you would have said STAR labs as your place of work and hanging out?" "No, you'd have been right. I do have a part time thing there" she replied quietly, knowing exactly the reputation for excellence the labs held.

Of course Rinaa would have a laminated award winning study on chocolate being a cure for emotional distress Kay thought. If anyone would have, it would be Rinaa. Like with her and Chas earlier, Kay could hear that all too familiar twang of ache in Rinaa's voice when she spoke of her group from her timeline. If her and Chas hadn't have had an in-depth long chat with each other about missing family and friends and being generally homesick, she may not have noticed it as much in Rinaa. However this time she really did, and it was clear to her they all had people they'd like to see again or get back to when they could.

She pulled out the ingredients she'd need to make her well liked extra chocolatey gooey brownies she'd make a long time ago. It was a recipe like a few others that she never forgot. Even though she preferred baking cakes, brownies were nice and easy for her and just relaxing to make. They also in her mind, made the best raw dough to eat out the bowl of there any left over. She made sure to make as many as she possibly could and would fit in Cal and Cliff's oven. She was listening in one the chatter between Rinaa and Chas, when he asked if she was referring to STAR labs when she stopped herself mid sentence. Again, hearing that Rinaa made it to work there was one hell of a achievement. Kay only knew of the labs from papers, like most things, but she knew it was a big deal.

She found a bowl and starting putting the chocolate powder, eggs and flour all into the bowl to whisk together. It took a bit of effort for her that it never did before, but she was happy with the consistency of the mixture. Finding an appropriate tin or two, and preheating the oven, she managed to spoon the mixture into them and put them in the oven. "Please tell me that is your brownies I'm smelling" came the voice of Fia who had stepped out to get a glass of water and instantly smelled the cocoa. "Yeah it is" Kay replied. "Yes! You lot better save me one!" Fia said, making Kay chuckle. "Guessing my brownies are an favourite of yours then in your time?" Kay spoke, earning a rapid nod from Fia as she got her glass of water, and went back into the room she was using.

"Well damn kiddo, I hope future me over-congratulated you on that." He felt a weird sense of pride for this kid's achievement, even if she wasn't anywhere close to being his. Rinaa may not have been there to make friends, but Chas was an exception. It was too hard not to get on with him. Rinaa nodded, a slight smile appearing. "Yeah you....he did, to a level that was almost insufferable, nothings changed in that regard." Chas gave a 'so what' shrug, knowing Rinaa meant no offense by her remark. "Though Jay managed to be worse in that 'I told you so' way parents have. It was her idea I apply for it and kept at me until I did. She's damn stubborn and wouldn't budge an inch on that." Another smirk as her tone changed to one of fondness when speaking about her mother. "The standard of the labs had only increased since this time" she gestured at the air around her, to signify she was talking about this particular point in the timeline. "and they make a point of only taking in the best." "And that's you." "Apparently so."

"You don't believe that?" Chas raised an eyebrow. This kid was something else entirely, how she could go from having such faith in her abilities when modifying Fia's guitar, to having no faith in herself to being almost embarrassed by what she could do. She encompassed almost the entire spectrum of opinion/faith in her abilities. "It's not that, its more complicated. I know I deserve the place. I know I'm miles above average when it comes to quite a few things. But it didn't feel like that at the time. In life you take in what other people say, clinging more to the negatives than the positives. I'm not gonna lie about this, my life was pretty bi-polar up until then. I had one lifestyle and set of traits on Earth, and another completely different lifestyle and set of traits for living off-world. The divide was almost black and white in severity, I became two people. But getting the lab place combined the best of my Earth and my off-world life, shattering the old mindset. In a way it gave me a fresh start and made me one person again." "It gave me hope" she added internally.

Even Kay was incredibly impressed by the fact she got a place at STAR Labs. Places like that were always talked about in her time she spent living in Seattle. You couldn't not live or spend time Stateside and and not hear a word about those various establishments. It just came with the lifestyle. Just like if you were remotely American you would know every member of the League like it was no big deal. She didn't respond in any manner to the conversation, leaving it to just Chas and Rinaa as she baked away. She found herself making homemade caramel as the brownies were in the oven, constantly working on the stove and stirring the ingredients until a thick golden sauce was starting to take shape. The smell of chocolate and caramel escaping the kitchen and filling the area.

Glancing up at the clock on the wall she knew the brownies would be about another ten minutes so she kept a close eye on everything. Baking was seeming to really help with her mood and homesick feelings that she shared with Chas only moments prior. She may not be an expert mechanic like Rinaa but she could bake some amazing foods. She knew Chas wasn't as much of a sweet toothed guy so she did include some 'blonde brownies' just for him that weren't so chocolate filled, but had a few chocolate chips in them. If she was at John's she would have been baking so much more than she was and would have no doubt filled the kitchen with so much baked goods she'd be able to open her own store. Yet she wasn't so she held back as much as she could.

When the brownies were done, she opened the oven door and the smell just hit her senses immensely, giving her a proud smile on her face. Pulling them out, she placed the trays on the counter and took the caramel off the stove. Grabbing a spoon, she drizzled the thick caramel (bordering on caramel shortcake consistency) over the brownies before putting everything in the sink to wash up. "Brownies are done but they need to sit for a bit so no sneaking a taster" she smirked, talking to both of them.

Chas found himself drawn in as the teenager spoke. She was wise beyond her years, that much was obvious. He could see it her eyes, eyes he reminded himself, that weren't her own. They were Cal's, with flecks that represented Jay, Elliott (and presumably Cal). They were the eys of somebody who had seen a lot, and conveyed far more expression than her face ever would. There was sadness to them, mixed with determination, a hint of fear, some nostalgia and a sort of invigorating, unexplainable life in the face of death thing. If the teenager was ever to genuinely smile out of happiness, Chas would probably fall over in shock. Rinaa wanted to talk, but was held back by both her own fears, past experiences and nor wanting to leave too much slip about the future in case it made things worse. But she was opening up in some form or another, even if it was just to Chas and her parents. (And Fia on time travel matters).

Sensing that the teenager needed some kind of comfort before she went to deep and exposed an old wound, Chas gestured for her to come over and sit beside him. Which she did, abandoning the laptop and any attempt at working. She tucked the drive back around her neck again, and Chas put an arm around her. Rinaa hadn't told him, but in her timeline he was her godfather and this particular comforting one armed embrace was something also present in her timeline. Chas could feel her relax, and once again it reminded him of his own daughter. They were similar in ways, both smart and fully capable of standing up for themselves.

"What's with all the flashdrives?" Chas asked, tugging lightly on one of the cords. "My entire digital presence from my time, photos, documents, plans, social media posts, group messages. Pretty much anything I ever created digitally. I did a full military standard wipe on the copies back home, so barring shared files, these are the only copies of my stuff. Plus some miscellaneous files from friends that I didnt have a chance to look at........." She trailed off, her eyes widening in realisation. "Ohhhhh, I'm so bloody stupid sometimes."

Kay saw Chas now comfort Rinaa after comforting her. It seemed this was becoming his job whilst the others were gone to the three girls that were left in this apartment. She wondered if Chas considered this getting the short straw or not. She washed everything up aswell as put everything away. When her baked goods were cool enough, she got a knife a cut them all into squares before taking them out the trays and on a plate. She put enough for the others who weren't around onto a separate plate and tone side. Scribbling a note to say they were for Cal, Cliff, Elliott, Jay and John. It was mostly for Fia's sake more than Chas and Rinaa's.

She picked up the plate and walked over, putting them down on the table in front of Chas and Rinaa. "Help yourself, I already saved some back for the others. And the blonde brownies I made with you in mind Chas" she explained, moving her sketch out of the way of the plate, meaning it was now in full view of anyone, and she didn't even think about it. Picking up two, she walked to the room Fia had hoped herself up in, knocking on the door. "Fia? Got a brownie for you" she said, making Fia clamber off the bed and open her door, grabbing one of the two. "What you doing in here anyway?" She asked, "nothing" Fia replied, not daring to say anything as it did involve time travel stuff.

"Cheers on that." Chas replied, glad that Kay had picked up on his lack of sweet tooth. He'd never mentioned it outright, but it was obvious from his choices at the movie night that he tended towards the more salty and savoury kinds of food than the sweet kind. Rinaa made her exclamation of realisation just as Kay placed down the brownies. Had Rinaa not been hit by a sudden brainwave she would have swallowed any past issues and actually gone so far as to compliment Kay on the brownies, and going to the effort of making them. They looked and smelled amazing. Rinaa pushed her hair back, going through the same motions as Elliott or John would. "What is it kid? What've you realised?"

" "She already knows", I know what it means. And before you comment, it's not what you were all thinking." She knew full well that they all thought it had been some kind of attempt at a romantic confession, but she knew that couldn't be true. "Really? This guy did come through time to find you, while boosting his breacher powers in ways they weren't meant to be used." Normally Chas wouldn't have been so bold as to say such a thing, but he really wondered if it was a case if Rinaa suffering the same obliviosness as her parents. "Yeah, but he's also gay, and has been open about it for years. Or at least in my timeline he is, can't speak for the versions in alternate timelines." "Well then, we got that totally wrong. So..... what is it?"

"Files, encrypted ones. I think what he's trying to say is that there is a message for me among the files I took with me, something he made in the eventuality that I would just up and leave like I did. And what I know.... is the password."

It wasn't just the movie night that made her pick up on his lack of a sweet tooth, she picked up on it when she baked that cake at John's when he said about Renee and Trish would like it, and he took a slice each for them, along with the other main meal dish she made too much of. It was times like this, that it was obvious she was observant towards other people and did take on board those observations, remembering them. Had Kay been in the room when Chas asked Rinaa about what she was realising, Kay would have listened and probably joined in on the chatter, but she wasn't.

Instead she was growing auspicious of her own kid. "Don't give me that look mum. It's time travel stuff and whatnot, that's why I'm not saying anything because I don't wanna screw anything up" Fia explained which put Kay at ease considerably. "Okay, I'll leave you to it, just..stay out of trouble okay? Trust me, you don't want to be scolded by John when he gets back" Kay commented smirking. "Already been on the receiving end in my time, of those so I know that's a valid warning" Fia chuckled. Kay then left her to it, and walked back into the living room, sitting in the armchair so Rinaa could still sit and talk with Chas, eating her own brownie, happy with how they came out.

It was a viable theory, and even though Chas couldn't remember much from that night, he could remember the guys smirk as he'd thrown himself back through the breach. It was a teasing smirk, and a self satisfied one, he'd made his remark deliberately open to interpretation Chas realised. "Obviously I don't know this guy, so I'm really in no position to make any kind of judgement. But if you are right, any idea what the password is, or which file it will open?" Rinaa gave a half nod, half shrug. "Sort of, there's only a small number of files that it could be. The lab has a communal Google docs style thing where we share stuff and sent encrypted files to others for safekeeping."

Chas raised a questioning eyebrow at that. Rina shrugged "All my friends have stuff they want kept from parents or nosy siblings. We all have our secrets, and having a system to pass it on to somebody without them being bale to open it is just handy." "I'm not complaining or criticising, that's actually damn smart. So when said parents or siblings look on the device, they see nothing out of the ordinary, and then later you just re-download the stuff?" "Ten points to Ravenclaw." Rinaa nodded, reaching over for the laptop. "And he did send me some stuff before I left, something about Dante being a pain in the arse again, and not being sure he could leave it out in the open." She said the name 'Dante' with a hint of derision, clearly he wasn't on her good list.

Kay let them continue their little chat about Rinaa's revelation. It was when the whole chat mentioned about a guy they could barely remember except for Rinaa that Kay out two and two together and realised what their conversation was all about. Whilst Rinaa grabbed for her laptop, she leaned forward and grabbed the pen and was of paper again, leaving her other sketch where it was and she just started doodling random little tidbits instead of doing a proper drawing this time.

She figured she had done enough proper in-depth sketches for the morning, considering the portraits were her second proper piece that day. So instead her random tidbits were just random doodles of varying eye shapes, hand gestures and the like, all in the pen she previously used. She did that sort of thing a lot when there was no real topic to draw but she felt restless. It was just something to do when she had no one else to talk to or do an activity with, and considering she just did a load of baking, she wasn't in the mood to do anything but relax for a bit in the chair. She was aware of the apartment still smelling of caramel and chocolate, knowing that it would probably still smell like a chocolate store whenever the group got back.

"Dante?" The guy who had come through the portal didn't seem like a Dante, even if he couldn't remember the face, Dante just didn't sit right with him. "Dante's my friend's older brother, golden goose of the family." She made a dismissive gesture with one hnad, who waiting for the laptop to boot up. "Self entitled arse who lacks the ability to stand on his own two feet. Thinks too highly of himself and his talents. Doesn't help that his family just feed the already massive ego. But I'm highly biased. I prefer the other brother, my friend. He is after all a partner in crime." She shrugged in a way that suggested it was more than just a metaphor. Some actual law bending had been involved on quite a few occasions.

"I'm not gonna ask, but I'll trust your judgement. You want us to move somewhere while you find whatever it might be?" Chas asked, figuring that if it was personal, she mightn't want them around for it. "Nah, but thanks for the offer. I'll move, it's easier." She reached over, grabbed two brownies from the plate, with a grateful nod, before taking the laptop under one arm and heading towards one of the other rooms. It was only when she was part way down the corridor remembering before that Fia was in one. "Ah balls." And she wasn't going into John and Kay's room, that was somewhere she didn't stray into in her timeline, and certainly wasn't going to get into the habit of doing that now. Which left the bathroom and the tiny utility/random storage room. She went for the later, seating herself on top of the washing machine and leaning against the side wall, propping the laptop onto her knees.

Kay was only half listening to the conversation as she doodled, smirking at Rinaa's description of this Dante person. She was pretty sure at some point everyone would come across that kind of person who was a prized asshole with an gigantic ego. She could in some manner of speaking have put John in that category but he didn't fill it quite enough to do so. She glanced over her paper when she saw Rinaa grab a couple of brownies and got up to see what the message would be in private. Smiling to herself, she looked back at the paper at the collage she had done. "Those two are way more alike than either will admit to" she commented to Chas about Fia and Rinaa. "Fia's being just as private" she added.

If Rinaa had knocked on the door, Fia would have let her in the room to do whatever it was she was doing, as she wouldn't have paid attention to Rinaa's business, what with being involved in her own stuff. She was just sitting cross legged on the bed, humming and eating writing notes on printed out pieces of paper and down the sides of the pages in a book in pencil. She did technically have some things she'd promised her Aunt she'd do, but this was far more interesting to her. Some of it being magic related but not to the point of using magic, just reading up on possible new runes she'd like to try out when she was off Attil.

"I'm not even going to try and make a judgement on what's going on anymore, it'll probably turn out wrong on multiple levels. But yes, they have more similarities than we'd give them credit for." If it wasn't for all the history on Rinaa's side, he had a feeling that they could get along and potentially be quite the team-up in a fight situation. "If they could put aside everything, they'd be a force to be reckoned with, especially given the skillset and resources they have. But that's a damn big if situation. And besides they are teenagers, it's part of the job description to keep secrets of some sort from pretty much everyone. Id be more worried if she didn't have secrets. Which reminds me, the breacher guy from the other day? He's gay, so, so much for that theory." He figured it wasn't that big a deal to tell Kay, for all he knew shed already overheard it.

Rinaa pulled on the headphones, not sure what kind of thing to expect. It could be a word document, or it could be a video, maybe something that had been edited, but not yet finished. He definitely wouldn't want his family seeing any kinds of videos of the classified lab things or the general night time activities he got up to. But her gut told her it was something else, he was a breacher, he could see through timelines to different points in time. If there was one person she trusted on time travel intel it was him. It took a couple of minutes to find the right password, but when she succeeded she laughed aloud, muttering "Of course that'd be it." Chas and Kay wouldn't be able to hear her, but Fia just might, the walls between the two room weren't particularly thick. It was a video file, about eight minutes long.

Kay twisted her hair up and used the pen to hold it in place. A typical artist trick she had adopted from university, and she never got out of the habit, especially now she had begun to draw a lot more regularly again. Listening to Chas, she nodded at his first part before smirking and chuckling at the next bit about the two teenagers. "Oh for sure. They've proven they CAN get on, so its a shame really that they can't fully put their differences aside. Oh really? I could a sworn he had a thing for her, from little faint memory I have of him." She replied finding that highly interesting.

Like John, the memory of the breacher was fades and glitchy in her mind but she did remember the fondness spoken by him when it came to Rinaa. "Guess we can't always get it right huh" she then added, grabbing another brownie for herself and pulling up one foot onto the armchair she was sat on. As for Fia, she heard the little exclaim from Rinaa through the wall which made her look up toward the sound and smirk. Shaking her head at hearing Rinaa, she then looked back down at her own work, before deciding she was seriously lacking in brownie consumption. One was not enough for her, and in her timeline they were her favourite sweet treat Kay ever made. Them and the various cakes she'd make every birthday. So she jumped up off the bed and made herself known to Kay and Chas.

It was shame, but it was understandable too. Rinaa's hurdle to overcome stretched back for most of her life, and it couldn't be easy to just disregard everything you've ever known. The history to such an extent, that Chas wasn't even sure if she could do such a thing and make peace with Fia. If he hadn't seen her almost die once and actually die once, he'd wonder if there was some way to do this before Rinaa did, inevitably die. But that wasn't the case. She would take her secrets to the grave if it came to it. "It's a shame yes, but I can see why, it can't be easy to just get rid of a whole life's worth of experience and instinct."

"I'm pretty sure everybody in the room thought that."
He remarked as Fia walked in. "But that doesn't mean she still can't currently or have at some point had a thing for him. And I doubt we'll ever get more than that out of her." It was an achievement that he'd got as much as much information as she had out of him. Rinaa had an interesting life, and he genuinely enjoyed talking to her. Relaxed her incredible intelligence showed, along with a sharp sense of humour and observation. Noticing Fia he added, "not talking about you behind your back or anything. The exact opposite in fact." He told Fia, clearing up that problem before it could even begin.

Kay nodded agreeing with Chas on the subject matter. She definitely wouldn't be surprised if Rinaa had a thing for this mysterious friend, despite the fact said friend was gay. As for the Fia and Rinaa subject, Chas also made very valid points and she had to agree with him on that as well. "I totally agree. I can understand why, especially as they both have to come to terms with the fact they're from totally different timelines. They're not the same versions of each other they've grown up knowing." Kay replied, adding to the conversation.

Fia, though walking in in the middle of a conversation between Kay and Chas, she guessed it was about Rinaa and not herself. "no judgement here. Just came for another brownie" she replied. "Why am I not surprised?" Kay smirked, getting a tongue poked at her in return from Fia, as she went to the table and grabbed another brownie, biting into it. "So.. talking about Rinaa I take it?" She asked, perching on the arm rest, deciding to be sociable to take a break from her reading. She noticed the pen in Kay's hair and smiled, remembering how she does that in her time as well, along with paintbrushes and any other random things.

Chas smirked at the interaction between Fi and Kay, it was the kind of teasing back and forth dynamic he'd seen with John and Elliott on multiple occasions, as well as in his own life with his own daughter. He hadn't eaten any of the brownies yet, nor feeling particularly hungry. That wasn't an unusual thing for Chas, he tended to eat the most food in the early morning or late in the evenings as it was around then that his shifts usually began or ended. He didn't usually hav etime to eat whole working, unless John was with him and fancied take out. Chas nodded at Fia's remark. "Yep, that's exactly it. She's still a complete mystery to everyone and that probably includes Rinaa herself."

He leaned back into the couch. Cal and Cliff had made an excellent choice when buying it. It was soft enough that you could fall back into it and it would slightly mould around you, yet firm enough that you didn't vanish into it. He didn't know, but furniture shopping for the apartment had been a mammoth task as both had very specific qualities that they were looking for. "Nothing she's said has actually told us any more than we knew before." Bar her lab placement and the emotions she assoscietd with that. "Turns out the guy from the other day is gay, so any theories along that line can be firmly thrown out the window."

Kay wasn't offended that Chas hadn't taken any of the brownies yet, she made them mostly to slightly cheer up Rinaa and as just something to do for herself to also cheer up. She Lao noticed how he smirked at the banter between her and Fia, suddenly realising what it was like on the other side of family banter when she would witness it between john and Elliott. It was seeming with every passing moment, she could see more and more of her father and half brother in Fia and it did warm her heart.

Fia listened to what Chas said about Rinaa and rose her eyebrows in that 'huh! Interesting' manner, and for that split second Kay thought she was looking in a mirror, having made that facial expression a few times to things that John and Chas had told her over the months. "Wish I could say some kind of clue but I don't know how she is in her timeline or her friends. Hell, I don't even really know her friends in my timeline and well, she's instantly doing better than I am on that aspect. Closest person I have to a friend is Trish" she explained. "So even though he's gay, it was still clear as day he cared a lot for her and vise versa" she added in between mouthfuls of brownie. Kay found it curious that she just heard her kid doesn't have any friends other than Trish, and wondered how strict her and John were to her if that was the case. She never thought she'd stop her kid from having a circle of friends, but what Fia said it hinted that that was indeed the case.

Chas had figured this would be something she didn't know, considering she had made no claims that she'd recognised the guy, or even knew what name he was actually called. And when they'd discussed the possibility of her having somebody significant back home, all she could say was that it had been a voice breaking through the barriers. Rinaa hadn't given his name either, only his brother's. And Fia made a valid point, if she didn't know the girls friends in her timeline how could they expect her to have any idea of the friends of somebody who was essentially a complete stranger from an alternate timeline. "From the little she's said, her friends in her timeline seem to fall into two categories- off world pilots she's trained with, or people she works with on Earth in the labs. He's the later it seems. There's something between them all right, even if we don't know what way she swings either." Chas didn't want to just assume what way anybody was orientated, he'd never assumed with his own daughter (who'd come out as gay a few months back).

"Probably saved her life or something" He shrugged, half joking half serious, with Rinaa he was learning, one could never quite be sure. It was a relief though to hear that his own daughter was still alive and kicking seventeenish years in the future. "Good to know my own kid is still around, but don't spoil anything, as it's looking like I'm the only one getting this parenting thing done in the right order. And I'd like to keep it that way." He wanted to press more on the issue of why Fia had a lack of friends, but felt that this wasn't somewhere he had any right to be going, so Chas kept his trap shut. Last thing he needed was to upset her or trigger some wound from her timeline.

Both Kay and Fia and listened to what Chas said, both coming to very similar opinions on the subject. Fia had decided there was someone in Rinaa's life she liked more than friends from back in the lab but she couldn't say who or what way she swung from it, but she just got those vibes when she was talking about her group, that very possibly there was one member who was more than a friend to her or she secretly liked them more than a friend. "I got that vibe from her when we were doing her bike and my violin, as we spoke about friendship circles a little bit, to the point she suggested a few places I'd probably like in london" Fia commented.

If Chas had asked she wouldnt have been upset by it, she just would have debated whether she could tell him incase it ballsed up too much of the timeline. "Don't worry, I won't disclose major spoilers about her. Just know she's an amazing woman and she keeps sane a lot" She then smirked whilst saying. "You say closest thing to a friend like you don't have any kiddo" Kay remarked, not being able to help herself but comment on it. It played on her mind ever since Fia brought it up. "Yeah I did because she is. She looks out for me when I sneak out and then proceed to be grounded. You and dad are super protective" Fia explained. "Well, I can get why" Kay replied. "So do I but having no mates sucks arse. I get lonely a lot. It's why i found the violin and before you worry about spoilers, dad already knows that I play up a lot" Fia continued to explain.

(Sorry for delay, had physio appointment)

The fact that they managed to have a normal conversations about friends and London came as a surprise to Chas, and it showed on his face. Unlike many of the others, he wasn't one for masking his emotions. Certain thoughts, yes, but emotions, rarely. Maybe they had really made some kind of peace or come to some form of truce. He already knew that his daughter was an amazing person, but to hear she stayed that way was the kind of reassurance every parent wanted under their belt. "Sounds like my girl all right." He was ridiculously proud of his daughter. She and Elliott were close as kids, despite the age gap of a good few years, it did both of them good to have somebody else that could act as an outside perspective on all things life.

Kay brought up the subject, and Fia answered. Chas could understand why, and wondered who would be the more overprotective of the two. He had a feeling thatwhen Fia was very young it would have been John, but as she grew up, it would have been Kay. Chas could guess by the runes and what he'd heard of the trip to the future that Fia possesed some serious skill training from John and Elliott. John had given Elliott a lot of freedom in his teenage years, so he could imagine John wanting her to have the same freedom. But he couldn't predict the future in any shape or form. "Yeah, I can imagine that sucks. But from this point in time, the future isn't written though." He idly tapped the side of his head where all the knowledge was stored. He could sense when it changed, and bits had since both the arrival of Rinaa and Fia. "So that could change."

(it's cool, hope it's nothing too serious)

From where Kay was sat, she could see Chas' emotion appear when Fia told them both that Trish was an amazing woman and from what she summarised out of the topic, a real rock to Fia. Fia smiled when he said it sounded like her alright, and she just had a feeling he'd react in such a way. She always knew just how proud of Trish he was, she had heard him say it enough times in her timeline. It was the closeness of Trish and Elliott that made Trish become quite close to Fia, considering her like her own little sister at times.

Fia looked at Chas when he replied and tapped the side of his head. It took her a few seconds to remember the whole story of the book Kay asked him to read and how it was enchanted so he couldn't say anything unless very precise questions were asked. "Right.. as you probably guessed, I am closer to dad, which he guessed and I confirmed when we had a chat by ourselves. I just drew closer to the whole magic side of things after my pheonix side came to light scaring the utter crap out of me because I wasn't told for a few years about it. So I kinda rebelled against it. But back to the topic of friends, mum you're the one always terrified of me going out. So apart from Trish and the local coffee shop barista I don't have anyone" Fia explained.

(Luckily not too bad. Got a lot of muscular problems in my left shoulder and neck so always need physio every few weeks)

Chas could see the realisation in Fia's eyes, when he made the gesture. He could only presume that the book was still in his head in the future. It didn't seem like the kind of thing that could be easily extracted or wiped away. Nothing had triggered so far, but he was aware of its presence, lurking at the fringes of his mind. Fia's words didn't trigger anything either, he'd been half hoping they would, all he got was a feeling of confirmation, that what she was saying was matching what was going on his head. "That triggers nothing new with me, sorry about that. All I get is a confirmation that so far the knowledge of the future matches that of your timeline specifically, and not Rinaa's or any other one for that matter."

In the utility room, Rinaa had finished listening to the message. She sat backwards with a sigh, tipping her head ceilingwards, pushing the laptop away, the screen paused on an image of a diagram drawn in whiteboard marker. She nibbled around the edge of one of the brownies as she considered her next move. One of the heating pipes ran through that particular part of the wall and gently warmed her side. It had been information heavy, filled with descriptions of things he'd vibed in her future, which he thought might be useful to her. And they did provide useful answers, such as why she was getting the headaches and beginning to hallucinate. Rinaa didn't like everything she'd heard, but it was better than being in the dark and finding out the wrong way.

(ah, right. Good to know)

Kay and Fia found it highly interesting that the information in his head from the book matched up with Fia's timeline. "Well that's somewhat interesting" Kay commented. "I don't know if you have it all in your head still in my timeline but I've been told the story of how it got there. But mum's right in saying it's interesting that the information is of my timeline specifically. Wonder if that's because it was all about mum and our phoenix kind so it's biased or it's actually because my timeline wins out in this weird situation." Fia told him, then thinking out loud mostly with the last bit she spoke.

"I'm not taking anything for granted with this. None of us should. Yet what I do know anything we've read and discovered in books so far as proven to come true, so who knows.." Kay chimed in. "Talking of Rinaa, hope what she discovered proved helpful to her in some kind. She's been gone for a while" Kay added. She did get a bit worried about her earlier when she seemed to be getting down about something she wouldnt speak of. "I'm sure she's fine" Fia replied.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back