• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay didn't doubt for a second that Cal would have debated the pros and cons to her first part of her question, she hadn't known her long but from what she saw and heard from Elliott, she knew she would have done if given the chance. When Cal offered her two options, both were very tempting. "Considering the four of them have gone to save my ass, I think combat skills would be more beneficial for me. I know how to access the basics of my abilities but if I can access more of them so I'm not John's damsel in distress constantly? I'll take it" she explained, her tone showing how much she hates being the damsel in distress, or as she likes to name it- D.I.D.

Seeing the portal properly closed finally, Fia knew it was time for Cliff and Jay's plan that they had figured out. Killing the last demon she had in front of her, Fia watched as the initial attack was executed, being completely impressed and amazed, wanting to talk to Cliff about the arrow she used when this was all over. Then Jay carried the rest out and as the demon exploded quite literally, she quickly turned downward toward the ground to shield her eyes from the bright light. The moment it was safe to do so, she stood up straight and grinned. It had finally worked. She had saved her mum with their help.

She quickly ran over to Kay and helped her up onto her feet. She knew it was okay to do this as she was in her own timeline technically. "you're alright!" She exclaimed, hugging Kay tightly, showing in that moment that she was just a teenager. Kay hugged her kid back before pulling away. "What the hell was that?!" She asked. "I tailed you, I got a feeling something was going to happen and it's a good job I did. They were after you mum. I couldn't let them get you" she explained, waving out the other half of that statement. It wasn't exactly fully a lie. "Where's your dad?" Kay asked. "Uhh..in The House I think or at home. Not sure" she said, talking about this timeline's John and not mentioning that technically he's on the roof. "Okay" was all Kay could say in response. "I'll see you at home? There's something I gotta do, an errand for a friend." Fia gave a white lie. "Sure baby" Kay replied, kissing the top of her head, and walking home, out of sight of everyone.

"Fair point." Cal nodded. Now this would be fun. Pyro versus pyro was always interesting, although she wasn't quite sure just how different her and Kay's abilities were, or even how exactly Kay's worked, but she assumed that it was like everything else, practice made perfect. "I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you've only accessed these abilities out of fear, and have spent little or no time honing them to do anything other than shoot out fire in a way that's bordering on uncontrollable chaos. So take your best shot, and we'll figure it out from there."

John didn't interfere from the roof, he wasn't supposed to be there after all. Other wise he'd have jumped off the roof and waded into the thick of it with everybody else. But he knew it was better for Fia's sake if he wasn't seen, so he watched instead. And Cliff and Jay had things more than handled. He didn't recognise the codename 'blastball' but since it wasn't aimed at him, it didn't really matter all too much. When the arrow skewered the demon he couldn't think 'is that it? It's really anticlimactic and a let down, in fact there doesn't seem to be anything special about it at all.'

But with the call of 'eyes and ears' John knew this shot was only the beginning. Jay's strength was impressive, not many could fling demons around like that, she must have thrown hammer or whatever the alien equivilant was. He could see the practice in the footwork and stance. When the demon came flying upwards he hit the deck, eyes shut, but he could still feel the searing heat and sense the light from it. While Kay and Fia talked, Cliff deactivated the forcefield. John waited til future Kay had gone then jumped down. Jay dusted herself off and Cliff swung herself nimbly down from the fire escape and began to retrieve all the arrows and arrow pieces. "How'd you know I'd know blastball?" "I didn't, I played a hunch, along with hoping everybody would get the message to duck." The archer shrugged. "Well it bloody paid off, what was in that thing?" "Magnesium flare, super sized. It practically qualifies as a chemical weapon."

"sort of. Ive either accessed them enough to be in control long enough to gain an a big enough gap from myself and demons to get away, fight or flight so to speak. Or Fee, my phoenix soul has completely taken over my mind and body. If that happens I wake up having no recollection of what happened." Kay explained. She had practiced a bit during those weeks of training, but it wasn't solely focused on. The priority was to meld her and Fee better so the migraines stopped. She wasn't going to get into the whole non combat times when her powers ignited.

When Cal said to take her best shot, she nodded. She ignited her hands and it wasn't much different in appearance to Cal's. The flames rose up and around her hands, reaching her wrists. This she was used to. She threw her hand forward shooting the fire toward Cal.

Fia listened to the girls chat about the attack they dubbed blastball. It seemed John had the same question as she did as to what was in the arrow. "Well it's bloody cool!" Fia chimed smiling. "Glad I brought you and Jay along!" She added. For a first impression of Cliff, she was impressed by her. She had heard the story of how Cliff was the one who told Kay she was pregnant, but in her time had never met her. This was a first for her.
"I guess I should take you three back" she then said, her tone actually sad she had to put things back. She didn't want to leave them all yet as she wanted to see everyone more. She was pretty certain future John by now would have put two and two together and figured out what she'd done. It wasn't the first time he'd caught her trying to stop it from happening after all. "Dad can I stay with you guys for a bit? In your time?" She asked.

Cal saw the flames grow, she had been expecting a large volume and wasn't disappointed. It was a classic learner move to go in with a much fire power as possible in the hope that some of it would hit. She changed form instantly, sweeping around on one foot, kicking up ash, a shield of fire forming between her hands, it was around a metre in diameter and deflected the fire into one of the main forges.

Jay, Cliff and John all nodded in agreement, it was cool alright. Cliff then added the context for it. "Blastball is actually derived from a piece of choreography from a traditional fireworks festival from Jakkkan, a world near my home planet. They have these insane elemental dancer acrobat people there and part of the new year's celebrations involves this giant sequence dance which involves flinging fireworks and other similarly dangerous things at each other." She'd been to the festival every year since she was born, and she was getting nostalgic thinking about it. And even being deaf, the colours, motion and choreography meant she could still enjoy it.

"I went to that festival once, my mind was literally blown away. I know skills when I see them, and those acrobatic skills could easily be modified for other uses." Jay agreed, surprising Cliff with that piece of information. "I wanted to be one of them when I was younger, that didn't really happen." "Well I wanted to become a royal guard on Attil, I did the Trials a few years back, but then I got slammed in prison, so I never found out if I actually succeeded in qualifying. Probabaly didn't." She shrugged, the admission earning her surprised looks from both Cliff and John. Elliott had never mentioned it, maybe he didn't know this. It was clear that a friendship was forming between Jay and Cliff.

The next question caught John by surprise, and it showed. He wasn't sure what the right answer from a good parent would be. Considering the cat was already out of the bag about of her existance, they really couldn't make things any weirder. And he wasn't exactly known for rational decisions. Sure something would probabaly go horrendously wrong, but he was interested in getting to know his kid a bit. "I'm guessing future me wouldn't approve at all, which is enough to make me agree. But there's one condition that has to obeyed at all costs, no magic whatsoever. I don't know what Attil is like in this time, but with Elliott back, the whole place is in utter chaos, espescially the people in power who banished him in the first place. And since time clearly can be changed, the lats thing we need is to save Kay in this timeline only for you to get killed in ours." He was firm on that, nothing would move him on that.

Kay shielded herself from the ash that Cal kicked up. Seeing her create a shield of fire, did genuinely impress Kay. She tried to think on her feet to figure out the next move. Cal already had her stumped and it was then she realised she barely knew what her phoenix powers could do. "Impressive" she commented. She then put her hands together before pulling them away to form a blade of flames, to which she threw towards Cal, aiming for the barrier to try and strike through it, to make it falter.

Fia was fascinated by the story that Cliff told and even more surprised by Jay's admission about trying to be a guard of Attil. "Sounds like something I'd love to see" Fia commented about the festival. When John looked surprised by her question, she wondered if she asked the wrong thing, but his answer showed her she asked a right thing. "No, he probably wouldn't approve but then...kinda already knows I've been time hopping so to speak. I won't use magic, I swear and I get a feeling you'd wanna know more about me?" She replied, ending her promise with a question.

Cal could see the realisation dawn on Kay that there was so much more that could be done. Cal would be hesitant to say she had the upper hand, but she had years of training specifically aimed at pyrokinetics behind her. Cal's shield did break, but this was by design. It fragmented into two smaller arm mounted ones, which she used to first block the blade, then to launch her own attack. She threw two fire blades of her own, and while Kay was busy dealing with the those, she lashed out with a flame whip aimed at Kay's legs in the effort to floor her or at leat knock her off balence.

"It should be on everybody's bucket list, I would take ye all when we get back, but it's still a couple of months to New Year in that time."
Cliff agreed, totally up for it. If they were going to go time travelling, then it shouldn't be that much of leap to get them all to a different planet for a festival. And it was pretty much a given in her mind that they'd all be invited to the wedding. Up until Elliott's arrival, the only people Cal was inviting were the squad, Dan and a few friends from off world. But in the space of a little over a week she'd went from having no idea of her brother's whereabouts to breaking him out as often as possible, to housing everybody who'd come after him. It was amazing in Cliff's mind how it could all change in such a short space of time.

"And now he'll have the memories of being me doing all of this so he full well knows exactly what's going on." If that was how time travel worked and he was pretty sure it did. "Yeah, I do, but without shattering time into six billion pieces by telling us anything about people who die in the future." Jay nodded at that bit, thinking of Rinaa and why she'd come to their time, and it looked like she had no plans on leaving until she.....well died. "And I do mean it, no magic at all, not even to do mundane tasks or spark off runes."

Seeing how the barrier broke into two smaller ones on each arm, Kay realised that this was all planned by Cal. She saw Cal throw her own blades at her, which she went to dodge, when Cal threw a dirty move on, going for her legs. Just as she thought she was too late, she saw the whip at the last second, causing her to quickly jump back, with a slight hop. Kay now getting into it and thinking, if this was the way Cal would spar with her, she'd put her dance abilities into play with her combat. An ability she had no idea Fia used in the future.
Landing on her feet, she created a flame sword, going toward Cal, she lifted the sword to appear to go for a high attack before changing it at last second to a low attack by sliding across the floor, swinging for Cal's feet. The action fluid and light.

Fia nodded with a smile, deciding she'd definitely make it happen sometime.in her life, especially if Cliff was up for taking her. Her attention stayed on John when he replied to her comments about the do's and don't's if she goes back with them. It was in this moment she knew he was definitely her dad. "got it in one. He'll know so no harm done...at least if he doesn't ground my ass when I come back" she smirked, hinting it may not be the first time she'd have been grounded. "I won't give any info that will screw up the future or timeline." She then said, seeing how Jay nodded and they did in fact mean about Rinaa. The information about the Rinaa back in their time is a different one to the Rinaa she knows, would be kept to herself and possibly Rinaa if it came to it.

"I swear I won't use any kind of magic, mundane or big. Only when the time comes to me coming back here will anything be used. Like mum, I don't go against my word" Fia reassured him, hoping he would get the big significance of that statement. Kay had never given against her promises to people, and neither had Fia. Neither woman swore to something lightly, and if they did go against it it would have been a life or death situation to make them break it. "So...do we have a deal? I see what you and mum are like when younger and you get to know what kind of daughter you raised?"

Well if Kay was going to go all acrobatic on her Cal was going to do exactly the same she had been holding back in that regard. Cal easily telegraphed the 'surprise' move, Kay was nowhere near as proficient with a sword as she thought she was. And Cal was somebody who made swords for a living. She parried the sword blow easily with her own blade. "Some advice, don't make a weapon you can't fight with in real life" she smirked before easily knocking Kay's sword away. She them sidestepped around Kay, a blur of movement that spoke to hours of practice. She did not go for a choke hold or what would have been a kill strike.

John knew she meant it, and he knew that if his kid broke the rules and somehow endangered Elliott either Cal or Jay (or more than likely both) would defenestrate Fia out of anger. Even if she hadn't met Cal in the future, she'd surely know that like Jay, she took no shit. "Yeah, we got a deal. And anything my future self does, I'm not accountable for." He really hoped that this wasn't going to come and bite him in the ass at some point.

Kay surprisingly didn't think she as good with weapons as she probably gave off. "Duely noted" she said as Cal easily overpowered her and side stepped her. She knew when she was beat in a situation.

Fia grinned. "Noted!" She replied to him, before opening up the portal to go back to Attil and their time. "After you lot!" She said, gesturing for them to go ahead. She was looking forward to hanging out with her parents when they were younger, sure it was only 17 years younger, but it was still younger. She wanted to know what they were like before she came along. She let them all go through first before following through behind, closing the portal and re entering into Cal's apartment she had with Cliff. She noticed Kay wasn't around and nor was Chas. Jist Rinaa with Deke.

"Where's mum and Chas?"

The Forge
"Either that or learn to fight with that weapon in real life. A fire weapon is only as good as your ability with that weapon in real life. Unless its somehow different as a pheonix, some kind of ancestral memory heritage thingy. But as a general rule, for any kind of elemental manipulation that principle applies." Cal explained.

The apartment
Rinaa and Deke looked up at the arrivals, the latter giving the former a look, to which Rinaa responded with an eyebrow raise, a nod and a slight scoff. She could be expressive when she wanted to be. Looked like Fia was here to stay. 'Absaloute joy' she thought sarcastically. She and Deke had never made it as far as the backlog of shitty TV. Instead they'd taken residence at Jay's computer bank, made it operational and were working on a 3D holographic projection of motorbike prototype design. Some parts were clearly only default design until proper designs and pieces were added. When the others arrived they weren't phased at all, as if people appearing out of thin air was a totally normal occurrence.

The teenager turned her attention to Cliff first (deliberatly ignoring Fia's remark) and signed "Cal's in the forge, teaching Kay some pyro stuff. How'd it go?" Cliff signed back her response, a brief description saying that everything had gone fine, before turning to Deke and signing that she'd need a new magnesium flare, and that Jay would also be interested in some, not as arrows though. The crazy haired male gave a thumbs up. "I hear you're interested in copiously large amounts of weaponised magnesium." He addressed that at Jay who nodded. "Yeah, I am."

Rinaa then addressed John and Fia, but more so John. "Chas is in the forge with Dan, talking about the merits of being a normal person with a normal non time travelling family, while Dan is probably telling his life story as a blacksmith. Typical stuff. Kay's with Cal, who's teaching her some pyro stuff. So I'm here for obvious reasons."

The Forge

Kay listened to what Cal said and took it on board. "I'm still trying to get information on stuff like that. It's complicated, like the universe doesn't want me knowing certain things about my own bloodline. All I do know is that I'm a much better fighter when Fee is in control and I'm full blown phoenix. That and I've mainly only ever needed to truly hone my healing abilities" Kay explained hoping she didn't sound like a crazy person to Cal. Chas, Elliott and John after all only really knew about Fee as a separate entity.

The Apartment

Fia noticed Rinaa's reaction to seeing her come back with the rest of them and just decided to ignore it. She wasn't going to get into an argument with Rinaa out of nothing. She promised John she would stay out of trouble, even if it was magic related she made that promise. She wasn't going to risk getting heated with Rinaa that would make her want to use magic.
"Is that really a good idea when she's carrying me?" Fia asked, then noting how weird that sounded. "And that is the weirdest sentence I have ever said about myself" she remarked, shoving her hands in her jeans pockets.

The Forge
"Sounds like it sucks. It would make sense that your 'full' self" she made an air quotes gesture as she spoke, "would be better at all this. In that case I'd assume its born instinct. Like Cliff and breathing under water, she doesn't need to learn she just knows. But she still trains to improve and push the limits. It is like you gotta find your limits and break them down. I'm willing to bet there's a load of untapped potential in there just waiting to be let out."

The apartment
John and Cliff noticed the change in the attitude of Rinaa. She'd been relaxed when working with Deke, they'd glimpsed that for a few brief moments, but with Fia there she was defensive again. Rinaa shrugged at that remark, having no clue whether it was or wasn't. Well if Fia suddenly vanished out of existance they'd know it was a bad idea. A bit late, but at least they'd know. She didn't voice this thought however, that would surely lead to a conflict of epic proportions. "I could think of weider, but whatever. Doc, you wanna take this one?" She added, turning to the archer who was sorting out arrows and bows.

"I'd say it depends on what they're doing. At best guess I'd say full on combat training's okay at this stage, provided Cal doesn't go full force and beat the shit out of her. But in later stages it's totally out in my opinion. Though forging and basic pyro tricks will be okay throughout the duration. But this is just as new for me as for everybody else, so I can only make an educated guess."
She theorised, making her assumptions based on her regular knowledge.

The Forge

"Yeah, it does suck. Before I met John I couldn't even listen to her without practically collapsing from migraines. So I definitely know there's a lot of untapped stuff inside that I'm always open to learn" Kay replied. She knew there were things that Fee made her do when she took over, like with the fight she did months ago with John and Chas, that got Chas killed.

The Apartment

Fia rolled her eyes at Rinaa chiming in about her little remark. Of course she'd be able to think of weirder, but Fia wasn't going to lower herself to coming back with some kind of snarky comment. The last thing the adults in the room need, is two teenagers going at each other. She listened to what Cliff said and nodded, feeling a bit better about the information. "Cool, I just worry about her that's all" she replied to Cliff. She knew it should technically be the other way round, parents worrying over their kids, but that didn't stop her from always worrying about Kay, especially as she spent so much of her time trying to save her from demons.

The Forge
"And who doesn't love exploring untapped potential?" Cal agreed. "I'm actually dying to see what my brother can do with himself these days." She admitted. "I know his MindWalking has improved significantly, as his representation of himself. His amplification powers have grown too since I last saw them, even if they are just a secondary power. I haven't seen the magic directly, only in the memories he's been willing to share. I've really missed a lot, almost half his life." The last part was said with a sadness. It had been a lot to adapt to, first accepting that he was more than likely dead, and then finding out thta the opposite was true. But she was also proud of him, for rising above everything and for becoming the person he was.

The apartment
"Considering that continuity is totally screwed, it's justifiable."
Cliff responded, grabbing a sheet of paper from the pinboard and scribbling a to do list on it. It included scouring the medical data bases both on Attil and elsewhere for anything that could be if useful in relation to Kay. There were other humanoid species with a six month gestation period, so surely there were some things that were applicable to Kay. And to in general read up on pregnancy and what to do both as a doctor and as a pregnant person. She also added some items for the shopping list.

"If you're writing a shopping list, toothpaste is out, as is that cereal with the seeds, and there's only half a multi-pineapple left and Elliott is asking for more dark chocolate. I believe his exact words were 'enough chocolate to make the body consider diabetes, but not actually go that far'." Whenever Rinaa had stayed with Cal and Cliff, she fell into the habit of taking stock and keeping the list up to date. And this time was no exception. She directed her list at Cliff, who nodded "Thanks kiddo. And here... before I forget." She pulled off the armour charm necklace and held it out. John could tell it was Elliott's, evidently handed down to her by somebody. Rinaa took it back, lopping it securely around her neck, her fingers brushing the brutal scarring on her neck, a feature specific only to that Rinaa. "I wouldn't let you forget it, it's one of the few things I inherited." There was a deep sadness in her eyes, but not in her voice.

The Forge

"Cant argue with that" Kay replied, before Cal started talking about what she's missed with Elliott. As Cal listed off some of the things she knew about and ended it with sadness in her tone, Kay felt for her. "I know it's not the same as witnessing stuff the first time round as he discovers it all, but you'll get a chance to catch up with everything. I'm sure of it." She said reassuringly. "And I'm sure Elliott feels the same way about you" she added.

The Apartment

Fia nodded, feeling better that someone thought she was justified in her concerns. She also had the mindset that kids were allowed to worry about their parents. She let Cliff just do what she wanted and she ignored Rinaa completely. She wanted to do her best to keep out her way so not to accidentally poss her off any more than she already had. Fia did notice the scarring on Rinaa's neck and it just confirmed to her, this Rinaa was indeed different to her timeline's Rinaa. "If mum is with Cal, I guess that means I can hang with you" she aimed it at John. "So, we could go somewhere private and chat or something?" She suggested.

The Forge
It wouldn't obviously be the same as seeing everything first hnad as happened, and to watch him overcome the hurdles she had no idea would be there. But seeing something would be better than seeing none of it. And Kay drove home a good point, her brother was doing going to same exactly the same thing. When he'd last seen her, she'd been a sixteen year old with a serious rebellious streak, a habit of hot wiring and stealing bikes to race illegally at night. She was also being in her words "being constantly annoyed by that blond cryokinetic. She seems okay, despite being deaf, but what's her problem with me?" Her future plans had been to get a basic pilot license, then a gap year for travelling round various planets before either a uni course or a full time piloting. Some of that had happened, but not exactly in the way she planned it to.

"Yeah, I'd say he does too, we have missed nearly half of each others lives after all. It's just a lot to take in,and I didn't want to overload him before, and I really don't want to now, considering all the crap the universe is throwing at him. The way he's dealing with it all is so impressive. He always was a tough little bugger as a kid."

The apartment
Jay and Deke had been talking, the subject seeming to be fake ID. Jay wanted to have the freedom to go round the planet, as did Rinaa. But both were wanted in various places and had no intent on returning to prison. Deke was fully willing to do that for them, he'd taken a shine to Rinaa who was showing signs of being "one hell of an engineer or a mechanic. She's got both flair, style and the right mindset to think outside the box." Rinaa's ears reddened dramatically at that, but she didn't shove the praise away.

Deke leaned back on the chair "Hey Cliff, I'm gonna kidnap these two for bit, give some fake creds, then maybe go and crash some bikes. That cool with you?" "Totally......we're still on for tonight yeah? Despite the weather" "They'll make a call at seven, but so far it's all systems go." The archer gave a thumbs up from her spot on one of the armchairs and with that trio left the apartment.

"Guess it does, I'm up for that. I don't know this place, so I'll probably get hopelessly lost and its pissing raining. Think London but with a real monsoon."

The Forge

Kay listened to Cal, feeling glad that she didn't think Kay was overstepping in her reply. "Of course it's gonna be a lot to take in and not overloading each other is by far the right way to go. He's definitely a tough guy. I still remember him putting me through the ringer when I came into his and John's lives. Didn't trust me whatsoever." She replied, fondness in her tone. "And now you'd never think he was like that with me" she chuckled.

The Apartment

Fia didn't pay too much attention to what the others were doing. She was aware of what they said and what they were going to do, but she didn't pay too much mind to it. All she cared about was hanging out with her dad. When he said about not knowing the place and what the weather was like, she realised he had a good point. She didn't know either, this was her first time time travelling onto another planet. "That makes two of us and yeesh! Always hated rain at the best of times..." She replied, practically wrinkling her nose in disgust as she said the last bit. "Guess we could just find somewhere here? Like just outside under cover or another room or something? But if those three are going out, I guess it doesn't matter where we are" she added.

The Forge
Cal could easily imagine Elliott being like that. "That sounds like him all right. Whne he first arrived here and I first showed my face, he thought I was some kind of test designed to rattle him. It's a fair assumption, in coming here he was banking that they wouldn't instantly pin him with the death penalty they threatened him with when he was exiled." She was still furious at both the decision and that threat. He had been twelve bloody years old. But she reigned in the anger." In fairness, I thought he was dead, and this was a dramatic case of mistaken identity. In the end we solved it by swapping particular memories from tha past that only the two of us would know about. It took about an hour before he was satisfied that I was indeed his sister. Thought it took me about that long to compute that he wasn't dead."

The apartment
John cast an eye out the window. It was still lashing. If this scale of rain had happened in London it would have been over in less than an hour. But things were clearly different. They had very different weather systems. Partially due to those size of the planet, the influence of the rings and the orbits of the micromoons. Or something along those lines. Elliott hadn't been exaggerating when he said it could rain like that for days. "Well the rain here should be illegal, or at least categorised as some kind of environmental warfare."

Cliff deposited both pair of hearing aids in the bowl by the door. She didn't like wearing them when she didn't need to. They got uncomfortable and this was her house after all. " If ye want anything don't bother shouting, I won't hear you." She told them, before heading upstairs with the laptop to start her research.

The Forge

To hear that Elliott was similar towards Cal didn't honestly surprise her all that much. It was inevitable really that neither would believe they were who they were, after the threat he got given when he was just a child. "Cliche ways are sometimes the best ways to resolve any concerns like that" Kay replied. She knew that if she ever saw Sam again, it'd probably be similar. "If I ever see my sister again it'd be similar I think. I have no idea where she is in the world or if she's even okay and no doubt it's the same for her with me. I just hope everyday that demons didn't get her or don't get her to get to me. They already got my best friend Ethan whom is now in Hell after he got possessed and tortured me. People think I'm still over it but truth is? I'm not." Kay told Cal.

The Apartment

Fia smirked at John's comment about the weather. It was nice to see that he had similar views on the rain in this time as she did. The hearing of the rain hit the apartment was worse than anything she had heard back in London. She was about to reply to the comment when she noticed Cliff removing her hearing aids, and telling them she won't hear them even if they shout. So it seemed they were now alone in the main room.

"Guess we can stay here in the dry" she remarked, heading to the couch, kicking her boots off and sitting in an extremely similar way that Kay always does at John's. She could almost look like a mirror of Kay. Feet up on the very edge, leaning back into the couch, knees slightly up. "What you wanna know about me then? I have an abundance of stupid trivia about myself I can tell you." She said smiling amused. She wasn't remotely joking either, there were plenty of things she could tell him about herself. None of which would effect the timeline. She would also no doubt want to know things about him, but she did have the advantage over him when it came to knowing each other.

Attachments

• PicsArt_12-04-08.16.01.jpg
    PicsArt_12-04-08.16.01.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 1
The Forge
At first Kay's remark had simply been a comment that Cal wasn't alone in having weird shit happen with family and long distance, long time separation. But it took a nastier turn with the mention of demonic posession and former friends now imprisoned in Hell. That sounded awful to Cal, worse than what she'd been through. "That sounds like really shitty things to have to deal with, I'm sorry about that, I really am. And it's totally justifiable not to be over it. But don't give up hope on your sister, it could all change after all."

The apartment
John would have texted to say they were back alive, in one peice and had suceeded, but he remembered Cal saying that the forge was basically a cellular dead zone. The thick walls kept the heat in, along with preventing the phone and Internet signals from penetrating inside. Which is why the practice of sitting on the roof had emerged. Originally Cal or Dan would go up there to write emails or school assignments. But it had turned into a place to eat food, listened to music and just relax in general. And besides Cliff would probably have it covered anyway. He didn't know if the removing of the hearing aids was deliberate because of them or something she did anyway, but it was appreciated either way. She was a solid person, that was abundantly clear.

"I've got no complaints about that." He sat in his usual style, feet propeed up on the table. He could see the imprints on the edge of the table when Cal, Cliff or any other friend who'd crashed on the couch had sat in the same pose. Presumably a lot of what he could say about himself was stuff she'd already know about him. "Dealers choice, pick something random and I'll go with it."

The Forge

Kay didn't mean to bring the mood down like she thought she had but when Cal said what she did it made her smile. Maybe there was a way to meet Sam again without risking her safety. She knew John was intrigued by her from the photos and conversations that she got brought up into. If there was one thing she'd want more than most things, it'd be to see Sam again. "Maybe you're right, it'd be hell of a reunion, telling her 'oh hey Sam, sorry not been around, been on the run which meant I met this guy, mystically got bonded to him for life coz soulmates or some shit and we have a kid who time travels'" she couldn't help but actually laugh at it, now she spoke it out loud. It sounded utterly ridiculous.

The Apartment

Fia noted he really wasn't any different to the John in her time. He still sat the same way he does in 2038. When he said about it was her choice she wondered where to start. "Okay..well.. I know most things about you, so I kind of have the advantage here." She began with a smirk. "You and me are closer than I am with mum is one thing. Not that we're not close but yeah..I just kind of drifted to the mage side of my bloodline more than the phoenix side." She said, fidgeting a bit so she could actually look at him when she spoke. What she didn't add was that it was mostly down to the fact Kay didn't tell her about her phoenix bloodline until she was 10 and she accidentally set her bed alight from a random nightmare.

The Forge
Cal had to laugh at that, it sounded like the plot of a bad movie, the kind you only watch when drunk with mates or when there is nothing else good on and you end up giving up half way through. "That sounds like such a cheesy movie. Not that my life is any better when you look at it. "Hi my name is Cal. I had a brother then he got exiled and I thought he was dead. I left home and lived in a storage locker for months and resorted to crime to live then got adopted by the blacksmith. Then I spent at least four years after that being completly oblivious to the fact that my friend had been in love with me basically ever since we'd met. But I figured it out and now we're engaged. And remember that brother I thought was dead? Turns out he's very much alive and back to stir up some trouble accompanied by the adoptive family and add ons from back on Earth and the terminally ill time travelling daughter. Worst AA speech probably ever."

The apartment
The fact that Fia gravitated more to her mage side had been a parent to John when she fought. She'd been mainly uisng magic to beat the crap out of the demons. He didn't know how much exactly of Kay's side she had inherited. But with the mage side, no matter how much she had gotten, it could be manipulated to do all manner of things. It wasn't as linear as Kay's bloodline. "Yeah I figured, you don't need to be Cliff to notice that you favoured magic in the fight back.....forwards.....whenever." Time travel was bloody confusing to talk about. "And I'm guessing Kay doesn't approve or agree with everything I teach you to do or you figure out how to do either?"

The Forge

Kay had to laugh. Cal was right, it did sound like a cheesy chick flick B-movie mashup and if anyone else heard the summary they would think she was on crack or something. When Cal summarised her own life, she laughed even more. It was in that instance that Kay saw her and Cal could easily really get on. "We really are two walking chick flick clichés" she laughed.

The Apartment

She had a feeling it would be of no surprise to him, but she figured it was an easy enough starting place to start a conversation. She smirked slightly at his reply. "Sort of yeah. She prefers it when you're teaching me, rather than when I learn myself and she definitely doesn't like me putting runes into my skin, but she knows she can't stop me." Fia explained. "Think she's a little upset I rebel against the whole phoenix thing a bit, because you guys didn't tell me what I was until I was like 9 or 10. I set my bed alight by mistake in my sleep" she added.

The Forge
Cal laughed at that summary. Truer words had never been spoken in her opinion. "We really are. Don't know if I'd watch the movie of my life though, I'd probabaly prefer to go see some spy movie with people beating the shit out of each other." She'd taken up position leaning against the anvil, elbow balenced on it, one foot crossed over the other, a pose she often adopted when talking in the forge. Had she been working she would have had a hammer or a metal blank in one hand and been twirling it dangerously around.

The apartment
John didn't even want to know why they'd made the call not to tell Fia about her abilities. Though he had a feeling it was Kay's decision not his, and one he'd enevr been happy with. He wouldn't see any point in hiding it. Maybe not when she was a baby, she wouldn't understand, but when definitly she should be told when she was old enough to understand. That way they could prevent uncontrolled outbreaks that would only be enhanced by the fear of having no idea what was going on. "I'm not going to attempt to justify that decision." The fact that Fia accessed her powers in her sleep made him think of how Elliott had done the same thing. John hadn't known about his MindWalking until he'd started projecting his nightmares to everybody in the flat. And they were terrifying, even if John didn't understand the language or all of the context. And those had only been made worse by the fear.

The Forge

"Same here. I much prefer either a good action flick or comedy but not chick flick stuff. Though all the times I've sneaked into cinemas to watch stuff for free to gain shelter, I've watched all genres happily" she chuckled. Kay's stance was one leg over the other like Cal's but her hands were in her shorts pockets. "Though I am known for purposely scaring the shit out of myself with a horror" she added.

The Apartment

Fia never really understood why they made the decision not to tell her. She knew Kay's mother did the same thing to her and it just made her confusion on why Kay did it to her all that more great. She could only thino it was down to Kay's way of trying to protect her whilst she was young, and unfortunately she accessed her powers really young and it blew out of proportion quickly. "Well.. you know now and can do it differently I guess" Fia commented. "Pretty sure neither of you were expecting me to gain access to my phoenix side so young" she added.
"But anyway...what else can I tell you? Hmm" she began thinking out loud. "I play violin" she commented. "Have this awesome custom piece, fret bar turned into a crossbow. Hang on.. got a pic" she said, pulling her phone out of her pocket, opening her gallery and pulling up a photo of it and showing him.

Attachments

• IMG_20200113_120704.jpg
    IMG_20200113_120704.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back