• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

"I doubt it'll be nothing, knowing this crew, we'll probably stumble on something by pure accident or start something by being present" he replied, but he point still stood. He wasn't sure why he was getting surprised by anything anymore, because normal had drfenstrated itself out of their collective lives a very long time ago, if it had ever been present there at all.

"So long as it doesn't turn into Cluedo board then I'm okay with that" He smirked, even though th elats thing he wanted was for anybody to get brutally murdered.

John made a good point. It more than likely to be something rather than nothing but she figured a girl can dream. "Point taken" she simply said. Normal may not have been present in his life but it sure was for her at some point and so she knew what it was like and sometimes she missed it, other times she just accepted this was her new normal and she could never go back to the old style of normal she had.

When he said about cluedo she laughed and nodded, "I agree with that!" She chuckled. She definitely didn't want their lives to turn into a 'who done it?' situation. The longer they could go without any death the happier she'd be. She didn't really know what else to talk about now that conversation had come to its natural end, or so she felt as she flipped her hair up and back, letting it drop naturally onto a swoop and down the opposite side of her face. "So..." She just muttered, trying to think of another conversation or something to do.

John wouldn't mind being in a whodunit solution quite frankly, even if it meant somebody had to die. There was only one condition, there would have to be the genius detective douche working the case thta pissed everybody off to get answers that supported a solution only he could see. And the reveal at the end full of dramatic and cinematic flair. John liked the idea in theory, but in practice it would just result in a fight between him and said detective over something stupid and ridiculous. Probabaly trenchcoat length or the correct way to smoke a cigarette.

"So what?" He replied in response to Kay's over the top hair flicking. Why people with long hair always did that was a complete mystery to him. It just seemed like a way to make a show than to actually fix said hair.

Kay glanced at him, realising she she said it out loud and he wouldn't know that she usually resorted to saying that as she thought about what next. Same with her hair flick, she played with her hair out of boredom or restlessness, and not much more. "Was just wondering what now.. that's all" she replied to him. "I have no idea what else to talk about it do" she added, before finding herself grabbing a thin bit of hair and absentmindedly braiding it, another 'hair habit' of hers.

"I mean.. we could drink more but with what's coming being completely wasted isn't such a great idea....no matter how appealing it would be, but us alone drunk leads to other activities that the others won't approve of per say" she smirked.

"Believe me, if we weren't landing on Attil in a few hours, I would be getting myself completly and utterly pissed, and I doubt I'd be the only one." Considering that he knew for a fact that four out of the five on ship drank, and he would not surprised if Rinaa had been drinking underage for a few years now. And add to that that he let Elliott drink some alcohol underage (another one of his brilliant parenting decisions) and Jay had a thing for strong alcohol every once in a while, it just made sense. But it would probabaly turn out that she never drank at all, just to prove him wrong.

"Oh they definitely wouldn't" He smirked a Kay's insulation. He generally could handle his drink, but it often just rid him of what little filter and boundaries he posses when he was totally smashed. Kay had seen the photos of him trashed on the striper pole, and that wasn't an extremely bad night for him.

"you definitely wouldn't be the only one that's for sure." She replied, she was more than willing to make the most of being able to drink whilst she could, as she didn't know when the say would come that she couldn't drink for who knows how many months. Do phoenix women stay pregnant for the full human 9 months or is it quicker? She really didn't know and then and there made it a priority to read all she could on the subject so she knew. She had a feeling it wouldn't be a normal pregnancy somehow but she still wanted to know what she was getting herself in for...and in a way, John too. There was no way she was going to go through it all without him dealing with it too.

She chuckled when he got what she was implying, and lime him, she could handle her drink unless she went in care free and wanted to get wasted that she did shit like in the photos she showed him.of her pulling guys onto a pool table or the likes.

John knew if he didn't do something for the next few hours he would go stir crazy. The anticipation was growing the nearer he got to the planet. Finally some kind of answers would be acquired. One of the many mysteries would be solved and he could see his idiot kid and tell Elliott exactly what he thought. But what to do in the meantime? The med bay area was out of bounds until further notice, and annoying the pilot would only be amusing for so long. With left staying in the kitchen trying not to get drunk, finding something to do in the the games room or just wandering around the ship to find a secluded area to do...stuff in. Everyone else after all was busy.

"I'm going to ask Chas something, then it's probabaly a good idea if I stay away from anywhere with alcohol for the next few hours." With that he got up, walked out and climbed up the ladder sticking his head through the ladder hole. The first thing he saw was the discarded mask, the inside coated with blood. " Oi, Chas! How long til we get there? And can you give us all a shout when Attil starts to become visible, I want to see it" He wanted to see the last view twelve year old Elliott would ever have seen of his home planet.

Last edited:
She nodded at his statement and waited for him, as she did she got up and put the mugs in the sink and put them in soak before waiting for him outside the kitchen by leaning against the wall, one foot propped up against it. She knew Chas would be alright on his own in the cockpit as he really was proving himself quite the pilot so quickly. She'd be calling him maverick in no time she was sure.

She hummed a random tune to herself as she waited for John, deciding that maybe they should go explore the ship together. She was certain there's got to be areas they hadn't found yet. As she hummed the tune, she found herself pulling out her family necklace and looking at it, turning it around in her fingers to inspect every inch of it. It truly was something else to her.

Chas rolled his eyes "How about some manners? I am not only driving your sorry ass around, but now flying it around" "I'll have you know my ass is fabulous, but will you do that for me? I want to see the view." Chas knew why, without having to ask. "Yes, I'll do that" He resisted from making any more snarky ass jokes, knowing where they'd end up if he did. "Now leave me fly this thing in peace!" There was no malice in his tone, he would have been perfectly happy for John to keep him company.

"Aye, aye Captain Chandler" He smirked, descending down the ladder and back into the kitchen. Kay was once gaian inspecting the necklace. Since it had familial importance, it made sense.

Kay studied the necklace, noting a the aged nicks in the pendant but how she could still work out the phoenix bird emblem perfectly inside the circle. There was an inscription on the back that she never noticed before, but she couldn't work it out. She looked when John made his way back, and she tucked the necklace away. "Chas doing alright up there?" She asked, as he made his way back to her.

She pushed herself off the wall, putting both feet firmly on the ground. She knew he would be, but she thought she'd ask anyway. "Might go for an explore again if you're interested?" She said, putting her right hand in her jeans back pocket.

"Yup, he's pretending to be annoyed about having to still be my driver even in the depths of space, but he doesn't mean it, he's very much enjoying himself up there. Wouldn't surprise me if he is considering a change of career" John smirked, knowing that no matter how much he loved flying he would never give up the cab. It was his true love (after his wife and daughter of course.)

"Oh yes, count me in" Was his response as he headed back out of the kitchen and reemerhing in what had become the main storage area. At some pint somebody (presumably Jay) had hung up and strapped up all the baggage to the special designed wall hooks. The majority was bags and backpacks, but there was one guitar case amongst them.

Kay smirked and chuckled at John's reply about Chas. She wasn't in the least bit surprised to hear that Chas was being like that. It was their kind of banter and humour after all. "Doesn't surprise me one bit" she told him, stepping out into the hall way and seeing all the baggage had been moved and secured on the walls. Well, that was one change for a start, but she didn't mind all their stuff had been moved. It was clear to her that was done for the sake of nearing their arrival to Attil.

She was more focused on the fact John agreed to go exploring with her again, like they did when they first boarded the ship. It was becoming a habit of theirs almost but she didn't mind. It made for something to do and made her feel like she was doing something relatively normal with him. Sure, it was no date night or the likes but she wasn't always one for those anyway. So she didn't care they did things very much differently. It worked for them. She started walking down one familiar hallway before noticing a turn off she hadn't noticed before, so she turned on her heels and went down it.

Johnet Kay lead the way, the ship seemed far bigger on the inside than the outside, but he had checked the schematics and it was exactly the size it was meant to be. It was just the fact that it had so many levels that was throwing him. He could see why Jay had chosen it. It was fast and agile as she had demonstrated plunging through the asteroid field. It had a well equipped medical facility, which considering who was on board was an excellent choice. It was big enough for everybody to have their own space, but not too big that they would get totally lost.

He took in what was around him, unconsciously memorising his way around the ship. It was a habit he'd picked up from running through London in the dead of night, being chased by all manner of nasty things. , "How long d'you think it took to build this thing?"

She kept walking just ahead of John down the little hallway, it seemed to narrow slightly but she could tell it would widen at the other end. Good job she wasn't claustrophobic she thought to herself, despite what her recent reactions to finding herself alone in crowds may suggest. The ship really was something to see, which was a reason for her always wanting to see where unexplored hallways would lead.

"No idea, I'd have thought a fair amount of time though....watch your head" she replied, as she reached a low walkway above them which made her duck as she walked through. "Could be anything from months to years.. but my guess a few years maybe?" She added to her reply now she knew she wouldn't hit her head. She stepped out of the narrow hallway to find a larger hallway similar to what they started in. A couple of doors on each side of it and it was darker than the other side but not so dark she couldn't see where she was going.

"Design alone could have taken years, so I agree with you there" he heeded the warning, ducking down and reaching up a hand to feel for the ceiling height. Judging by size they were in some kind of maintenance passageway, it was significantly smaller than all the other passage. It might even have served as a shortcut from one point to another at some stage. As long as it didn't emerge inside the engine he was happy. He didn't have dark vision of any kind, but there was enough light for him to see through the gloom.

He looked around when the remerged seeing the set of doors. They were identical looking and he couldn't help but make horror movie references internally. He didn't voice them of course, not exactly a suitable moment to do so,and co sidering Kay wasn't a fan, he kept his trap shut.

She waited for him to reach the other side by her before trying to decide which direction to go in, left or right. The whole horror sci fi vibe didn't go amiss on her either, and unlike John she had to say something, despite him remembering she wasn't a fan of horror. "I swear if the Alien Queen appears, I'm running a mile..." She smirked, she was no wimp as such but she was no Sigourney Weaver either. Though she was better than she used to be when she was younger, even if people would debate that.

She then decided on going right, walking up to the door, and opening it. "Well... No Queenie to eat us so that's a good start" she smirked, stepping inside, motion detection lights flickering on.

"Good luck with that, cos I've got the head start" he snarked from behind her. If it did come to running away he had the advantage and with most others he would leave them to either a) die or b) make their own way out of it. But Kay was different, and despite his words, he'd probabaly do something stupid like shove her behind him and let himself be eaten first, even though logic suggested the other way around was beeter as she could regenerate and he couldn't.

"There's still time for that" He followed her inside relieved that there were lights and looked around at the room.

She gave him a forced snarky fake smile when he replied, "forever the hero" she sarcastically said, knowing full well he would never consider himself as a hero. Not how the likes of the League consider the term anyway. She felt it in her heart though that he wouldn't just abandon her, they had come too far for them to just leave each other high and dry. She knew their emotions would get the better of them.

She wandered round the room cautiously but curiously poking around as she did so. "Don't say that you ass" she replied to him, glancing shoulder at him with a smirk. "Or I will leave you high and dry if we get attacked" she threatened but her tone gave her away completely that she didn't mean it. She knew there was no way they'd end up in something like a scene from the film franchise but it made for banter as they walked around. She couldn't find much interesting stuff which disappointed her.

"It's what it says on my business card, well...when I finally get it changed that is" he really needed to stop procrastinating about doing that. "John Constantine-demonologist, exorcist, petty dabbler of the dark arts and that guy who shoves you under the bus so he can live another day." He knew she didn't mean it, that much was obvious to him. "Well, that makes us even" he smirked, poking around the room.

It wasn't a massive room, and had no window, but looking around, John was willing to guess it had been somebody's hidey hole. So he ran his hands over the wall, and carefully tapped the floor checking for any secret compartments. There was one in the floor, he pulled away the panel, looked inside and laughed. "I found the coffee"

Kay laughed when he mentioned his business card. She remembered raising an eyebrow at one that Chas gave her when John was off pissing off downworlders, leaving them both in Chas' cab. Way back when she first met them both. She smirked back when he said about it making them even, which just brought mental images of them fighting to get out the room first, screwing the both of them over in the process.

She span round when she heard him tapping around before she watched him open up the floor laughing. She walked over to find he indeed find the coffee. "Well would ya look at that... Someone clearly thought caffeine was like gold to them" she smiled. She then walked over to the end wall and saw someone had clearly tried to hide something, so she peeled off the pinned up sheet and found a load of scribbles. It was nothing artsy but clearly someone was drawing to pass the time when they weren't meant to be. "It's no picasso..."

John removed the coffee and felt around to see what else was in there. "Considering how many crewed this place it probably was. And med people and pilots aren't allowed to drink too much alcohol on duty either, so that meant coffee must have been seriously important" He then added"Jay told Chas, who then told me" by means of explanation as to how exactly he knew this. He pulled out an extra large bar of chocolate "They got chocolate too....and it is in date!"

He walked over to behind Kay, looking over her shoulder at the art "That it ain't, but it's is probably a post-modernistic interpretation of the failure of the alien condition and represnetitive of the struggles of life" He bullshitted, pulling random terms out of thin air.

As she looked at the drawings on the wall, she listened to what he had to say about the coffee, it made a lot of sense to her, even if it did remind her of prisoners and cigarettes. "Makes sense to be honest" she replied just before he mentioned about the in date chocolate. She sniggered at his exclaim about it, finding it quite adorable in a weird way. It really was the simple things with him.

She felt him look over her shoulder and comment a load of crap that wouldn't have sounded far off what some of the art students would have said at university in her class. "Careful, you're sounding like some of the classmates I used to study with. They'd ramble their way out of presentations all the time" she smirked. Not that she was very different mind, she would make up crap all the time. She figured it was a right of passage with art students. She turned round in front of him and draped her arms over his shoulders.

John knew nothing about art, that much was obvious. He was like any other person, he could tell if somebody had talent, like how he knew Elliott drew excellent caricature and detailed sketches, and how Rinaa's black and white photos showed a flair for expressing emotions through black and white photographs and could tell when two colours were really not meant to go together. But beyond that, he just made up crap that sounded right(ish). And criticising and taking the piss out of art was far more fun anyway.

"So I either have no clue about art or I secretly did an art degree at university, completely aced it, but am now super ashamed and deny ever doing it?" He replied, putting his arms around Kay's back.

Kay chuckled at John's response and it was a bit close to home to how her studying went down. Though, art was one thing she'd gladly say yes, she was good at it. Unlike how she reacts to her dancing ability. "Well...I never got round to finishing my degree. Ethan kind of made sure of that one..you know.. with the whole driving me out of the dorms at night deal" she explained. "But in all honesty we all rambled our way out of our presentations. We're a special lot..prefer to not discuss the art but just do it" she smirked. If she had her sketchbooks she'd gladly share that side of her to him, but she didn't. It was one thing she left behind which meant if anyone had them? It'd be Sam.

Feeling his arms round her back never got old to her. There was just something about being in his grasp that completed her. Her fingertips grazed down the back of his neck. "So...we found a secret room and we're alone..." She said, her voice trailing off. She had no idea what it was about John that made her constantly want to be so damn close to him, but he always brought this side of her out....and she liked it.

John didn't bother to mention that he'd never done a degree in anything. He'd left school as soon as he could, got into music, and spent the days couch surfing and getting as far away from home as possible. His sister was the one with the academic brains. Chas on the other hand had done and completed degree, not that he ever talked about it he split his time between cabbying, music and dealing with John's life. "Sounds like a great way to get through life, just make it up as you go along"

He raised an eyebrow at her remark, the thought having also occurred to him. But of course he went with the snarky response "And you accuse me of having a mind that goes to dirty places quickly." The feeling of Kay's fingers against his neck was one he was very much enjoying. "But, yes we are alone and away from the others"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back