• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay nodded at what Chas suggested, thinking it was a good idea as she didn't feel particularly like sitting away from people she knew on her own and looking like a complete loner. "Right" she replied simply, walking off to the nearest free chair and grabbing it, deciding to pull it along behind her instead of carrying it. Getting it to where she was previously standing, she sat down sighing with content. She watched for a while as Fia danced with Matteo, seeing how much she was enjoying just having a friend, even if it was a temporary thing considering in her timeline they are seventeen years apart from each other. She just hoped it wouldn't upset Fia too much when she realised this, though she had a feeling it possibly would get to Fia quite a bit.

She looked up when Rinaa was saying about changing out of the armour and she really couldn't blame the teenager for wanting out. She was honestly surprised that Rinaa lasted as long as she had, as well as how long Fia had been able to deal with the heels she was wearing. Just watching Fia dancing in them made her feet subconsciously ache and she was in her sandals. When Rinaa changed, she looked up at the t shirt and she had to admit she didn't understand the joke, but she was never the science type anyway. She zoned out in the few classes she actually decided to attend.

Fia loved getting along with his friends, she thought they were decent people. She also appreciated that none of them tried to cat call or insinuate there was something about them, when there wasn't. Sure she could be a slight flirt and tease but she was never that with Matteo or any of Cliff's brothers for that matter. She didn't find any of the guests worth flirting with, so she couldn't make an utter fool out of herself through that. After a while she needed to take a break, telling Matteo she needed to sit down and went over to the nearest chair they were all at, sitting down and eventually taking off her shoes for a bit.

The thought that the next time Matteo and Fia met there would be a seventeen year age gap between them hadn't escaped John's notice. The explanation was going to be awkward, and if they decided for the mind wipe as the best option they'd have to get all of Cliff's siblings and their parents to consent to it. And given the amazing performance earlier, the rest of the guests were hardly likely to forget her either. But John wasn't going to burst Fia's bubble right now, the two were getting along swimmingly and since he was essentially Fia's first friend, it would only be harder. So instead he turned his mind to other things, namely the discussion with Jay, Conrad, Lock and Cal over whether doing flaming shots were a good idea, the real stumbling point in the equation being Rinaa's fear of fire (or more precisely whether flaming shots would set off a serious reaction in her).

Rinaa herself wasn't part of the conversation, she was down the other end of the bar talking to Matteo's friend Chris , or more precisely giving some impromptu bar stool therapy. Moya was watching the proceedings discreetly out of the corner of her eye, Rinaa's mix of t-shirt and leather combat trousers being (in her mind) far more sexy than they had any right to be. Moya gave a brief nod at Fia when she came of the dance floor, knowing that the heels must be killing her feet. her own heels were the reason she'd chosen to stay behind the bar having witnessed first hand the incredibly painful blisters that prolonged dancing in heels could lead to.

Matteo made his way over to Chris and Rinaa, casually leaning against the bar and asking "so what's got you two talking?" "His brother being annoying and me wondering if I'm about to one of the stupidest things in my life."

Kay listened to the conversation going on with some of the others trying to decide about the flaming shots, thinking it was a surprising choice of drink considering Rinaa's chronic fear of fire. Yet it wasn't her place to say anything so she just let herself hear what was being mentioned whilst keeping her opinions our of it. Rinaa wasn't her kid so she had no right to put in her opinion. She was aware of Rinaa talking to one of Matteo's friend who seemed to recall was called Chris, whilst seeing Fia coming over to sit down and taking her heels off.

Fia gave Moya the same nod back to show she did see Moya acknowledge her. She placed her heels on the ground next to her chair so she wouldn't forget them for whenever they left, before lifting her feet up one at a time and giving the balls and heels of her feet a slight rub to relieve the beginnings of the burn she was feeling. "Feet now aching kiddo?" Kay asked with a smile "yeah, think I danced a bit too much" Fia chuckled back. "I never thought I'd hear you say that" Kay smirked, making Fia just roll her eyes. "Hey Moya, can you get me some water or something please?" Fia called up from her seat, really not wanting to stand up but she had a really dry throat and was desperate for a drink. Kay was happy that Fia was being sensible and asking for something non alcoholic in-between the alcoholic drinks she had been drinking through the night.

The unofficial shots committee decided against the flaming ones, Jay having seen Rinaa's reaction back in prison when a fire broke out in one of the cell blocks and it verged on full blown panic attack. And with regards to the with the wolf side Cliff had done some digging and discovered that Lupus Astras also possessed an inbuilt fear of fire, as it was the single most damaging thing to them, which she suspected explained why Rinaa had nearly gone feral on the ship over. Her wolf side had been less dominant then, so who knew how it could react now, and the last thing they needed was a wild genetically altered wolf freaking out at the wedding.

Moya nodded in sympathy at the heels comment. "Yeah, heels are a killer when it comes to dancing, hence why I'm safely behind the bar." She added watching Fia rub her feet, which were turning ever so slightly red. At the drinks comment she nodded. "Yep, I'll even throw I a bunch of ice and a slice of some exciting fruit on the rim, no extra charge." She replied, moving out from behind the bar with the drink and an extra lot of ice. "This wont completely stop the muscle, burn or the redness, even if you have faster healing my money's on you feeling it tomorrow, but ice should hopefully help."

Matteo raised an eyebrow at Rinaa's explanation, choosing to ask about Chris' problems first. "Alex still being an an ass from a long distance I take it?" "Something like that yeah" Chris said, taking a large swig of his drink (non-alcoholic, he wasn't out to get pissed that night). "He's freaking out about the usual stuff, our workaholic parents, my uni choices and portfolio and even worse, my personal personal life." The extra personal was particularly important Matteo knew, there were some things Chris would gladly share with his older brother and some things he really didn't want him to know (some of which incidentally were things he didn't want Matteo to know either).

Fia looked up at Moya when she added in her little comment about dancing in heels, nodding in agreement with everything she was saying. She even smirked when Moya said about adding in the fruit slice and extra ice for her feet. "Cheers" she replied back, being really thankful for it. She really could see why Rinaa liked Moya so much as she was such a great person. Sitting back in the chair, she looked up once more when Moya appeared out from behind the bar and handed her the water and extra ice. "You're awesome, thanks. I'm definitely gonna be feeling it in the morning. Glad I have some sneakers on me I can tell ya that much!" she smiled taking the glass and ice. Taking a mouthful of water she then handed the glass to Kay to hold, whilst she rubbed the ice on her feet sighing happily at the sensation. "Oh that feels good." she remarked more to herself than anyone, closing her eyes and smiling.

Kay kept ahold of Fia's glass of water for her as she nursed her feet for a bit, her own toes curling up when Fia put the ice onto her feet. She was never one for doing this routine when her feet ached, instead she usually just made herself a luke warm bowl of water and soothed her feet that way if it ever occured or just dealt with the pain, knowing if would fade soon enough. "I don't miss doing all this from wearing heels I must say" Kay smiled, Fia chuckling slightly, "I barely ever see you in heels of any kind actually" Fia said trying to think of the last time she saw Kay wear any. "Because I rarely have a reason to anymore. Sam was always the one dolling me up in outfits and very high heels." Kay explained.

"Yep, I know" Moya smiled in response to Fia declaring that she was awesome, leaning back against the bar with her own drink. She chuckled at Fia's sigh of relief. she wasn't totally sure if the ice would work on Fia given her phoenix nature and had hedged her bets as she didn't have any other method at hand. Cliff's family presumably had some kind of lotion tucked way in the main house that could help reduce the effects, but she wasn't going to bother the woman on her wedding night unless somebody was dying (even then she was sure that there were others qualified in emergency medicine in the area who could deal with it).

"Yeah definitely wear those flats tomorrow" Moya agreed, having fallen into her usual bartending role of offering her advice to complete strangers."There's really no rational reason to wear heels outside of a formal event." She said, understanding what Kay was saying about heels really only being useful for when you wanted to doll yourself up. She gestured at her own shoes"these really aren't my usual style, totally inconvenient for riding a motorbike on by the way." She chuckled slightly at her own words, wondering what in the universe had prompted her to say something like that."Take it from one who found out the hard way, its much easier to chuck the shoes and ride barefoot"

Fia just smirled at Moya's reply about her being awesome and had give the girl credit for knowing it. The ice would help but it'd be small, but if usually worked better on her than on Kay, mostly down to the fact that even at age seventeen, she was still coming into her phoenix abilities, and not fully accessed absolutely everything she could be capable of. She still appreciated the feeling though of the coldness on her burning feet. With the agreement of wearing her sneakers the next day, she nodded, fully intending to knowing that have memory foam soles for comfort. She purposely made a point of putting thick-ish insoles in all her sneakers and boots knowing if she ended up on a hunt it could be a long night, so she wanted the most comfort she could get.

When Moya mentioned about heels and riding a motorbike she chuckled nodding in agreement. "I agree with you on that one. Did it once and never again" she said. This statement made Kay raise an eyebrow, to wondering when this was "when exactly did you do this?" Kay asked, "uhh....one time when I snuck out to do a hunt. Required me sort of doing a undercover thing and I then had to make a quick getaway. Riding a bike in a dress and heels is not the most practical thing in the world." Fia admitted sheepishly. Kay did that slow nod of 'why am I not surprised but I'm also disappointed and impressed all at that same time' style. She just knew that her future self had a lot of trouble ahead of her if there were any more stories like this one in Fia's memory. She also felt like Fia was missing out a large chunk of that story but wasn't sure she particularly wanted to hear it.

Moya also raised an eyebrow when Fia said she'd ridden a motorbike in heels, but it was in interest rather than surprise. She'd learned pretty quickly that nobody in Artemis' extended family group was normal and all had very interesting stories to tell and Rinaa had even made a point of telling her this, to ensure it wouldn't come as much of a surprise. "Do tell." She smiled, taking in a sip of her drink, letting the various flavours wash around in her mouth before swallowing. She wasn't a huge alcohol drinker despite working in a bar, and often when she did drink she used it as a way to expand her understanding of alcohol.

She listened to the story, picking up on the vagueness of it, despite being the outsider in the conversation. She didn't press the point, maybe if it was just her and Fia she would have, being a sucker for a dramatic story. "Yeah, dresses suck for bikes, big time. Though a pair of sports shorts underneath usually solves the problem I find, unless you've got a massive slit up the side of the dress" she gestured up the side of her leg to illustrate her point on the slit. the was actually wearing a pair of form hugging shorts under the dress just in case she needed to kick ass and preserve (some of) her dignity at the same time. "In which case, You've really just gone for style over substance and tough shit, its your fault for choosing such garment in the first place." Moya's fashion student side could be seen coming out there. While she may not necessarily have experience in everything she was talking about, her years of fashion study were clearly paying off in more unusual ways.

If Kay wasn't around she would have gone on to explaining the story in a lot more detail, but she had a feeling she'd get a complete bollocking from Kay if she did so, or at least a look of utter disapproval. She remembered when future Kay found out and she got into so much trouble but in her eyes it was utterly worth it. She mostly was in trouble because she didn't go with John or anyone else for the sake of having back up. She went in alone and it proved to be a precarious decision to have made. She came out pretty scuffed up, and it proved not to be her finest moments, but she still got the job done.

Both girls listened to what Moya said about dresses and motorbikes, Fia agreeing with everything she was saying to her. "Oh agreed totally. And I totally wished I had put cycle shorts on underneath that night but didn't. Though like you say, slits make it difficult to get away with doing that. I just ended up ripping the other side of the dress purposely and tucked it under me in a way that preserved my dignity. I always wonder if the guy got his bike back that I borrowed" she smirked. Kay just found herself shaking her head at the story. 'Of course my kid 'borrowed' someone's bike to make a hasty get away from a hunt...she's definitely her father's daughter' she thought to herself.

Moya laughed as Fia recounted more of the story, finding it both humorous and interesting. Fia had clearly done some crazy things in her life, and the few she'd heard so far sounded both like something she herself would do and things that Rinaa would like. She had never quite understood why things were as they were between them, Rinaa's most detailed explanation being that she had grown up around two people who were essentially like her half sibling and weird step-parent (and were also identical to Kay and Fia in every way, except that they were emotionally abusive). Rinaa didn't talk about it, and Moya didn't ask, but she didn't need to be a genius or a psychiatrist to see the scars ran deep.

"Bike theft hurts, especially when it's a custom one, but sometimes it's the only way out. But d'you know what's even better?" The question was a rhetorical one, which she then proceeded to answer. "There's apparently research being done in order to create a mind-link between a person and their bike so you can control it through implants or something without having to be born a telepath or telekinetic. Maybe it can already be done magically, but for the rest of us that's something I'd very much consider doing."

Fia smirked and chuckled when Moya laughed at the little bit of extra information she gave her about that particular night. She could see on Kay's face exactly what she was thinking which just made her smirk more as she always wore that title as a badge of honour and never once considered it an insult. She was surprised however that Kay didn't react with the whole 'you STOLE the bike?!' scenario which her future self had done initially. If Fia knew that Moya was wondering how herself and Rinaa had a complicated connection, she would have just shrugged, and said 'to say it's complicated is an understatement. But I guess we just remind her of her abusive family members too much and that's just the tip of the iceberg'.

She listened to Moya say about how much bike theft hurts and she did have to agree. If she ever lost her bike she would be devastated, but in this instance she did ask the guy if she could borrow it. She just didn't wait around for a proper answer because the guy was gawking at her the entire time and she had a group of demons on her back catching up pretty quickly. The idea that there could be technology out there soon to link someone to their bike was fascinating to Fia, even Kay got a bit interested by the information. "That would be so cool. Probably could do it magically but it's not something I see the point in doing personally. Most magic isn't free to just use when you feel like it. There's a price to pay for it, so kinda have to be careful sometimes where you use it. But as for the guy, this wasn't a custom job I could tell that much. Also I did technically ask, just didn't wait for the answer because demon were catching up to me so I had to make haste." Fia explained, remembering the very first lesson John ever taught her when it came to going down the mage lifestyle.

Though she had no idea if it was slightly different to her because of her mixed blood heritage. Yet either way, she always used magic with respect for the art and responsibly.

Moya nodded when Kay explained that magic (like most other things in life) came with drawbacks and conditions. Growing up on Attil meant she had very little personal experience with magic and what she did know was either based on rumours or the theorising of teenagers (which were hardly accurate sources). "Yeah that make sense, everything having a price. And yes it does sound amazing. Obviously doing it with tech'll also have a price and for some won't even be useful. For a regular driver there is little point, but for a racer being linked to .....lets say a high speed race car, could be the difference between winning and losing. Or for a military pilot could enable some insanely complex flying if something happens to other crew members."

For Moya (and various others at the wedding) the idea of having a bond with a bike (or even a sports car) and just being able to have it materialise so she could jump on for a speedy getaway was beyond awesome. Moya would definitively consider getting such implants if they were ever made safe enough that they wouldn't permanently mess up her brain."There is some crazy long distance remote control stuff already out there, but it's nowhere near perfect or commercially available."

Shortly after she said that Matteo called over to her from the bar. "Moya, you got a minute to talk sense into this one?" He asked gesturing at Rinaa who sighed. "It's Matteo and his mates who need talking to and some sense knocked into them."

Both women listened to Moya replying about the whole tech implant thing with bikes or race cars. They found she had some very valid points to say on the subject and if was obvious she would be one of the first to sign up for such an implant if it became commercially available. Neither really knew what else to say on the subject, but the gap in taking was broken up by Matteo calling Moya over along with Rinaa. They both let Moya walk to the other end of the bar whilst Fia switched feet to tend to her other one, realising she hadn't actually switched feet the entire time they were talking with Moya.

From all the talk about bikes and the vague brief talk of the time she borrowed some guy's bike, she actually found herself really being curious if the guy did find the bike where she left it. She actually did hope he did as it was kind of rude of her to just take it before he could even reply. She figured if she ever saw him again she would thank him and apologise for taking it that time whilst offering to try and make it up to him. Though in her life, seeing him again was extremely slim, yet weirder things have occured in her life. "What you thinking about kiddo?" Kay asked, "just curious if that guy ever found his bike." Fia replied honestly.

Moya rolled her eyes at the two conflicting calls, knowing that something interesting was happening at the bar and it involved. "Well, seems I'm needed elsewhere, but nice talking to you two" she told Fia and Kay, hoping they wouldn't think of her of being too rude for walking off to join the bigger group. She turned, picked up her drink and walked over "So what exactly is going on here? And why are my powers as hot female Artemis is attracted to needed right now?" she asked, making Rinaa snort at the way she described herself. "First off, you're way more than just that, though it does play a pretty major role." Rinaa told her "and secondly these guys" she waved a hand at Matteo and his friends"have what it probably the stupidest idea known to civilisation."

While the teenagers at the bar were bickering, John and Chas made their way over to Fia and Kay, also pulling up random chairs near them. "What bike is this?" John asked with a smirk catching only the tail end of the conversation and knowing that this was something he had to hear more on. At the same time Chas told Fia that "Cal and Cliff have set up this immensely complex system of bets based on who you can drag be it willingly or unwillingly onto the dance floor. Somebody, naming no names lost a good bit of money betting on Rinaa."

Neither woman minded that Moya was called over to her girlfriend and Matteo's group, giving her the nod to say 'it's cool, go'. They then looked over when John and Chas decided to pull up some chairs and sit with them whilst John asked about the bike she mentioned. Fia had to slightly snigger at the question, having a feeling he would want to know. Yet it was Chas' information that really made her chuckle and look quite smug with herself. "What can I say? When I'm good I'm good! Though I'm still surprised I managed that one myself." She simply replied to Chas smugly. She then turned to John to explain what the conversation was all about.

"I was explaining how I 'borrowed' some random bloke's bike as a getaway vehicle one night after sneaking out. I have no idea if he found it again where I left it for him or not, but remembering the night it got me thinking if he did." she said to him, more confidentally than when she told the story to Kay and Moya. "What she's leaving out is that it was to sneak out to go on a hunt where she infiltrated something or another and she rode the bike in a dress and heels" Kay added to John and Chas. "It was this high end party I snuck into, like full on suit and tie shindig." Fia then disclosed.

Ca nodded in complete agreement, there was very little he could think of that would be more impressive than getting Rinaa onto a dance floor. She had clearly really enjoyed herself once she was there and Jay had made a point of remarking on two changes that had taken place in her eyes afterwards, not only had they lightened (like Jay's did when she was in a positive mood) but they had also taken on a multi-coloured effect as her natural grey took over about half of each iris. Just after coming off the dance floor she looked more alive than any other time they'd seen her. "Yeah, so were the others, it seems that all it takes to get her to show her talents is a public challenge." Chas replied, wondering if this was something Rinaa did in her timeline usually or if it was just a once off sort of thing.

John's reaction to Fia and Kay's retelling of the story was a predictable smirk, an amused (yet proud) chuckle and expression that quite clearly said "now that is how you do it". He knew it wasn't the thing a 'normal' parent should be proud of or even encouraging but it showed him a few things. Fia was able to improvise on the fly when things went badly, that she was indeed capable of making a plan for things and that she had more of a conscience than he did. Any bikes or vehicles that he nicked had a track record of ending up in rivers or destroyed by whatever was pursuing him in the first place. Those that survived ended up in The House, and were used by Leah in the future for spare parts. "Black tie is so impractical for a getaway." He smirked before adding "and good onya for getting away like that, a bit of drama never did anybody any harm." "Weeeeeeell" "Shut it Chas."

Fia had nodded at Chas' words about Rinaa and wondered the same thing about Rinaa. When the topic went back to the bike stealing conversation she noted the pride in John's smirk and smiled.more smugly than before. Kay also noted it and rolled her eyes, just knowing that would have been his reaction. It showed her another example of why Fia was so much closer to John than she was herself. Fia was definitely capable of thinking on her feet when it really came to it, and the night didn't fully become a bust either. She got what she needed out of the building the event was taken place in so for her it was a win win. Now that she really thought about it, she did find the young guy attractive and and didn't actually mind too much that he was gawking at her and her attire. She even remembered the look on his face when he saw her ride off in that ripped up black dress and stiletto heels like it was just generic biker gear.

"I'm with Chas on this one" Kay spoke up, glad that someone was thinking rationally about the whole thing. Fia just smiled more at the praise John was giving her, feeling happy that that was twice in one day she got a praise of some sort from her father publicly. "And I'm with dad on this one. I didn't come out empty handed either and I got to see the most surprised face ever as the owner watched me ride off in a long black dress and stiletto heels like I was jeans and T-shirt. So the scrapes and bruises were worth it. It was totally Lara Croft style" Fia said with pride in her tone.

Even if John had cut him off, Chas still managed to get his point across, even if it was only just to Kay (who was the more rational and level headed out of the people he was sitting with). He also picked up on just how much Fia was like her father in terms of being a teenage tearaway and getting into trouble and knew than they weren't going to be in for an easy ride. It was also strangely reassuring to him that not only was his kid the most normal of the lot, she was also the most well behaved, making him suddenly feel a lot better about his parenting skills.. Fighting with the people at school who gave her a hard time didn't count, that was self defense in the face of bullies, Renee agreed with that too, but both made it clear to Trish that violence shouldn't be the first option, but in that case it had been the right call.

Chas had a distinct feeling that he was going to be the guru of all things parenting for John in the early years, his experience with Elliott didn't stretch back to toddler and early childhood development (which were arguably the most crucial years). Whether he performed that role in Rinaa's life was more questionable and seemed to him to depend on whether Elliott survived or not. It was only shown in subtle ways, but Jay had an instinctive mothering side when it came to Rinaa and judging on what Rinaa did say, Jay had been the biggest role model in her life as well as a source of inspiration and strength. Now knowing what she did about Rinaa's timeline, Chas suspected that if Elliott did die and Jay chose to have a kid anyway, she would cut all ties with the Earth group.

John smirked, he could imagine the kind of face somebody would pull, seeing (as Rinaa so eloquently and accurately put it) what was essentially a real life Laura Croft style shit going on."Yeah, I can imagine the kind of face pulled when confronted with that kind of flair and sheer madness. Guy probably had some really interesting talk with a therapist afterwards." "And to me its beginning to sound like all three of our teenagers think that a Laura Croft aesthetic is perfect for them."

When it comes to early years of parenting, John wouldn't be the only one seeking help from Chas, Kay would be too as she had no clue how to bring up a child. She hadn't even been an aunt to a kid or godparent to one, so she literally was going into this world completely blind. She still had her worries about being a good parent, even if she didn't always express it, she was scared because she didn't want to bugger things up like her future self seemed to have done to made her bond with Fia so turbulent. She just had to keep thinking to herself that she could in fact do this and they would be okay as parents.

Hearing Fia talk about how the guy was super surprised seeing her handle the bike whilst dressed the way she was, she could easily picture why the poor sod would be surprised. She was pretty certain anyone would be if they witnessed what he did. She also smirked at John's reply, finding it did echo her thoughts, just worded in a different way. Fia smirked and nodded, especially when Chas agreed and mentioned about how three the teenagers all seemed to possess that flair and aesthetic in some way or form. "Who do you think introduced me to the character Chas?"Fia grinned. "Poor sod to whoever that was, that's what I'm thinking. He's probably still wondering who the hell the red head was that handled his bike. You sure know how to make a first impression that's for sure." Kay chuckled. "Like mother like daughter then" Fia managed to come back with.

Chas smirked at the reply, not finding it particularly surprising that his daughter would do such a thing. At first when the two time travellers had showed up and outed themselves as time travellers, a good sixty percent of his questions had been related to what his own life, Rene's life and Trish's life were like in the future. But he'd refrained from asking them, having confirm that all three were alive in both timelines was enough for him. He could see how the knowledge of the future (in particular that of Elliott's death, the psychological abuse Rinaa had been put through and to a lesser extent the rocky relationship between Kay and Fia) were weighing down on the others. It may be selfish, but he really didn't want to go through the same thing with his family, he'd rather let tings happen and learn about them naturally.

"Fair point" was all he said response to Fia's words, while just smirked, not surprised by that particular piece of information. Trish and Elliott's gaming nights were surrounded in almost a cult like seriousness. They had bonded over gaming, particularly when Elliott was still mute and being a young kid at the time she hadn't judged him for it. There were some particularly blunt questions asked at the start, but it had formed the foundations of a strong friendship that had lasted for years, Elliott becoming a surrogate big brother for Trish. This gaming nights also provided reassurance to John that when he was out there was a suitable adult (Renee more often than not) keeping an eye on him. "Well first impressions are apparently important" John scoffed, his voice full of contempt, sounding like he couldn't give two fucks what people thought of him. (And he didn't either, so long as they got the asshole and bastard part of his personality nailed and figured out that leaving him the hell alone was a good idea)."Especially the dramatic ones, its why the League always make a big song an' dance of showing up, then wonder how the vigilantes managed to get there first."

Fia continued to smirk even when Chas replied to her, knowing it couldn't be that surprising to him that Trish had something to do with it. She also respected that Chas didn't want to know vital things about him or his family in the future, so she kept to her word and only let on about the very silly little things, like Trish introducing her certain video games. She and Kay stifled a chuckle when John scoffed his comment about first impressions, both knowing how he stood.on the whole subject matter. "Well that's their problem and issues. They clearly have some desperation for being liked complexes going on with their big entrances and such." Fia commented. She was interested in them but she could still point out their flaws. Kay stifled another chuckle at Fia's assumption on the League, finding she clearly didn't hold back her opinions in certain topics.

"so..what exactly did you mean like mother like daughter?" Kay asked. "Well let's face it, sassing each other whilst in a dirty London alleyway, only to get swiped at and pass out at his feet isn't a normal way to make a first impression. Not to mention the stories I've been told of being sassy after these two saved your life. So like I said....like mother like daughter. At least I got away with the help" Fia smirked, meaning if all in good nature but it was quite the metaphorical burn. "Ouch" Kay reacted back, "okay kiddo.. you got me there" she said smiling and chuckling.

John nodded in agreement with Fia's words, not bothering to stifle his amusement at the comment and unsurprised she would think such a thing given that the League was his favourite topic to complain about, closely followed by public transport and politics/politicians in that exact order. "An' as far as I know they don't have a therapist tucked away in their spy.... sorry space station." John was fully aware that the whole thing about the Watchtower being only used as a meeting place and hanger for spaceships was a lie. They kept a covert eye on Earth through various networks that breached various data regulations, and seemed not to care, citing the greater good as their reasons. Which John found hypocritical given how they'd shut down any suggestion he gave as being in the greater good (not that he'd really listen to the them).

Both John and Chas smirked when Fia explained what her earlier 'like mother like daughter' comment meant, agreeing with everything Fia said. "There's no denying that point." John leaned back in his seat, swinging slightly in his chair, the back of his head resting against the bar behind him."Agreed, there's no denying that. I on the other hand managed to make a normal first impression as the other guy on the couch, drinking beer and actually asking a useful question instead of snarking like this one." "And that's why we make a good team, balancing each other out very well."

It was at that point that Rinaa left the group at the bar, downing the remains of her whiskey drink in one gulp, setting down the glass on the bar with more force than strictly necessary before striding towards the microphone and flicking it on. "Cliff, you might want to consider switching your brother to another school, or at the very least buying him a proper dictionary and thesaurus as he is making the ridiculous claim that the word 'wedding' is synonymous with 'open mic night'. So in the long honoured tradition of weddings, not only am I going to appear to upstage what this whole event is about, but I am going to make a complete fool of myself in the process."

Fia was seriously proving herself perfectly capable of holding her own and standing by her convictions, not to me room showing she was definitely a blend of both Kay and John. She chuckled at John's comment about the League's space station, having heard many a rant about them and their hypocritical ways from John in her time. When it came to her explanation of what she meant about like mother like daughter, she looked yet again smug and proud of herself when it was clear that she amused both John and Chas with her words. Both Fia and Kay were amused by their reactions to Fia's words, nodding knowing that they were right. "I can't deny any of it because it is all factual. And I own up to everything I did and said at that time. At least I was still thankful for being helped. I still stand by my initial attitude because of this one calling me sleeping beauty" Kay said, it being her way of admitting it may not have been the best way to make an first impression but she still stood by her way none the less, whilst gesturing at John. She had no plans on letting him live that one down, especially as he still did call her it every now and then.

It was at that point when the girls saw Rinaa leave the bar and head to the mic. She listened to what Rinaa was declaring over the mic and rose an eyebrow, surprised that they could very well be about to witness Rinaa perform in front of the entire family and strangers. "Are we seriously about to see her sing in front of everyone?" She questioned. "I think so yeah" Fia replied, just as surprised.

John shrugged, the pet name he called her after they woke up hadn't been planned, but in the moment it just worked. Chas knew exactly what he meant, it was such a typical John Constantine thing to say It hadn't escaped John's notice even while dealing with demons that Kay was attractive. "Well I could hardly go with 'Red' now could I? That's been used to death, and not just by me." Defining John's type was a tricky task, for every so called rule there were numerous exceptions, but in general he was attracted to darker haired people, rather than lighter haired ones. Anything else he was going to say was forgotten when Rinaa stood up and made her way to the mic, the other teenagers at the bar straightening and exchanging satisfied looks and high-fives, they were evidently up to something, swinging forwards in chair, the legs hitting the floor with a solid thunk. "Well this ought to be good, judging by that smug lot."

Kay wasn't the only one out of the wedding guests to raise an eyebrow (or two) at Rinaa's words. At first Cliff looked simply baffled as to why Rinaa would use this moment to diss Matteo's education. But the pieces fell into place as soon as the words 'open mic night' were used. "Oh my...." was all she could say, raising a hand to her mouth in shock, Cal putting an arm around her new wife's waist, the other woman leaning comfortably into her. When Kay said what they were all thinking Chas could only nod mutely, his eyes wide with surprise. "It would appear so, yes, though I can't quite believe it." John answered, not quite believing what he was saying. Neither Elliott nor Jay said anything on the matter, looking at Rinaa, then each other, then the other teenagers, before turning their attention back to Rinaa.

As she spoke, Rinaa was making her way towards the stage, hopping up in one smooth gesture and turning to face the whole crowd. "While the latter the certainly true, I'm pretty certain I'm gonna regret this tomorrow, blame it on alcohol and peer pressure. But the first part isn't true. There is nothing, Absolutely Nothing" the conviction in her words was evident to even the most casual listener. "On any planet or in any system that could possibly upstage these two. I may not have know them as long as anybody else here" not exactly a lie, but not the whole truth either"but I can safely say they are two of the most amazing, inspirational and beautiful, both inside and out, people that I have met. Cal is more than just a craftswoman, she is a marvel in the forge, the ceremonial wedding armour is an incredible testament to her skills, and without a doubt the most beautiful pieces she will make ever. And as for Cliff? She is so much more than a doctor, she is a source of inspiration for us all and not just because she is deaf. Her work, patience and professional manner and cool head make her the best doctor. And this isn't exaggeration, I've seen her action. Not only was she the one to diagnose me as being terminally and irreversibly ill and break the news to me, she also had to break this news to my family. Explaining that a teenager is terminally ill and won't make it past twenty has got to be the single hardest and most distressing moment in a person's career. But she did it with her usual dignity and honour, reminding me that life is for living and it is better to live doing things out of your comfort zone than to die with regrets."

Rinaa took a breath, pulling back her shoulders, squaring herself up for what she was about to do."Which brings it all rather neatly to me, on this stage. The song I'm about to sing wasn't intended to be performed for a wedding audience. The people who need to hear it are further away than you could ever know. But I'm doing it anyway, and I like to think that in some way or another, they can hear this and maybe, just maybe understand." Even though Rinaa was standing far away on stage, it was clear to the group around John, that the words were aimed at them. With her speech over she took a deep breath, closed her eyes and waited for the backing to start.

Kay smirked at John's come back to her comment on the pet name he gave her from the get go, and was glad he didn't use the term 'red'. If they weren't suddenly interrupted in an interesting way by Rinaa's actions and words, she would have said to him something along the lines of 'and if you had used Red as the pet name I would have decked you. Had enough of that being used growing up, and by the demons chasing me. Along with bloody 'birdie''. Of course back then, she had no idea the demons were in fact demons or what the nickname of birdie even meant, so it really irritated her to great heights. Now she can understand why they called her such a thing, and if just makes her want to eye roll dramatically at it.

With Rinaa up on the mic, she listened with great intrigue at what Rinaa had to say, hearing it start off being about the brides. She looked over to see the others were indeed looking incredibly smug that they managed to get Rinaa on stage, before looking back at Rinaa. "I can't quite believe it either" she replied.
She had to smile and found herself nodding slightly in agreement at everything she was saying about them. They were incredible women and she herself was glad that she got to know them, and now have Cliff as her personal doctor through her own time of being pregnant.

She also had to give Rinaa credit for being so open about her terminal illness to so many strangers, thinking it was an incredibly brave thing to have said so publicly to so many she didn't even know. She watched on as there was a pause before she continued on with the rest of her speech which introduced a vague hint of a song she was going to sing. The last bit struck a chord with her, as it did with Fia who was silent the whole time during the talking, wrapping her head around what she was witnessing. Neither of them could say anything but listen to what she was about to sing with curiosity, whilst dealing with that feeling this was about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back