• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Kay and Fia watched on as Jay and Cliff spoke about how Jay just didn't meet people in a normal manner, even if it was considered normal for her. If Cliff hadn't said anything then Kay most certainly would have done. Listening to the list of abnormal ways she had met people, it really fought forward just how crazy it was each time she came I to contact with someone new. She also noted how Jay included Fia in the meeting back on earth of herself and John, which she k we had to be to keep up appearances to others that Fia was her sister that she looked after with John.

Then came the topic of how Jay met Elliott and other than knowing Jay almost killed him on their first meeting, Kay and Fia both realised neither knew the exact full story. They wondered if now would be the time they finally found it out, curious to what it could be, especially as John was threatening to get it out of Elliott by means of coming up with stupid scenarios. It was here they truly saw just how stubborn Elliott could also be. "We could just ask Jay to sill the story of you wont Ell." Kay quipped, joining in in the conversation for once instead of staying quiet so much.

The inclusion of Fia with John and Kay was deliberate on Jay's part it fit perfectly with their cover story and would explain her unease around the main group (if anybody was to actually comment on it that is). When Elliott began to get hounded about the story of their first meeting, she couldn't resist smirking and rolling her eyes at how determined John was to get to the bottom of it. She knew that someday he'd find out, but Fia's reaction told the both of them that they could hold out at least nineteen years on telling it. John making up stories was something she actually quite wanted to see, wondering if he'd hit on the right events by pure accident. Jay knew that John and Elliott were equally stubborn when it came to certain matters, and this was one of them.

At Kay's comment she shook her head with a half smile, identical to the one that ghosted across Rinaa's features whenever she was amused. "Oh no, you aren't getting anything out of me on this." At those words relief flickered over Elliott's face, he had genuinely worried that she might say something, but that stamemey had just made it clear her loyalties lay with him. Which was an honour in a way, as Jay had been pretty amoral most of her life, with the exception of certain things, namely killing/torturing/raping kids and teenagers, and genetic experimentation on people. "But just to make you think, I'll tell you a deliberately vague comment. Elliott did something after my ship crashed, and due to my upbringing, my automatic response to things is fight, the flight response had been trained out of me. And once you realise you're up against somedoby as trained in the art as delivering death as I am, it quickly becomes a fight to the death." Her expression said clearly 'think on that, I'm not saying any more'.

The fact that John was showing just how stubborn he could be around Elliott and to get information out of either him or Jay, it made Kay make a mental note to be careful when or if he ever got in the same room as Sam. Whereas to Fia, she knew John was like this and still was in her timeline. She still remembered when she was around 4 or 5, and Sam was brought in to home school her with normal school subjects and Sam found some old embarrassing photos with entertaining stories of Kay, which she brought over and as much as Kay protested, John still got the stories out of Sam.

With Jay refusing to disclose the story and remaining loyal to Elliott, it equally surprised her and didn't at the same time. It partially surprised her because she always thought Jay would be more than happy to embarrass Elliott, on the other side she knew due to her clear feelings for Elliott that she'd remain loyal to him. She listened to the vague comment Jay gave them all and had a feeling this would only spur John on to find the answer. "And now John will see that as a challenge to seek the answer" Fia smirked.

Elliott listened to the vague description Jay gave, nodding in agreement to emphasise that she was telling the truth. They'd made a deal years ago, when they finally moved into a tenuous truce, that neither would tell the story about what happened they first met, with exception of discussing it with A.J's crew. The story was more embarrassing for Elliott, as it was his screw up, but it was embarrassing for Jay as it didn't go with her image and how she'd sworn it would never happen again, yet it had, albeit in a different context. "Perfectly vague, but perfectly correct. I don't kno whether I should be worried or not about what crap John's going to come up with."

"I can answer that for you, you should be worryin'"
John grinned wickedly, rubbjg his hands together. Challenge very much accepted. "Maybe even runnin' for the hills. I am goin' to get an answer. Give me a few hours and I'll have a couple of ludicrous theories for yis." "I can't wait." Elliott drawled sarcastically. "I can, and I'm wiling to make a deal, if John gets its at least half right, then we tell him the full story." Jay declared. "Deal." John called out before Elliott could butt in, shaking on it with the assassin. "What are ye going on about?" Rinaa asked, appearing by Jay's side, Moya with her. "How and why those two tried to kill eaxh other when they first met." "Ah, that old chestnut, John might guess it, but I doubt he'll guess the full details." She smirked in reply, her eyes alight with mischief.

If John hadn't quickly replied to Elliott's statement, then either Kay or Fia would have by stating that John could come up with something ridiculously ludicrous that it'd be probably more embarrassing than the actual story was. Both girls laughed when Elliott said what he did sarcastically. For Fia it was the Sam scenario all over again, so she was getting much enjoyment out of this situation.

With the deal made that if John gets it at least half right, the story would be told, Kay and Fia smirked. "Oh this is gonna be good" Fia remarked smirking. "I've witnessed him do this before and win the bet, so I'm pretty sure you're gonna be screwed Ell" she added. "You have?" Kay asked with a raised eyebrow, "yup and I'm not telling you!" Fia grinned smugly. "Fair enough!" Kay replied, shrugging it off knowing it would be pointless to even try and make Fia tell her how she had experienced it before, only knowing that it'd have been in her timeline over something.

When Rinaa said that she knew the story, John wasn't very surprised, he'd gotten the impression that Rinaa had weaseled every last bit of information possible about her father out of Jay as a kid. It would be the only way she could get a sense of who she was missing in her life, who they were all missing and how much he had meant to them. Seeing the look on John's face, Rinaa added "and don't even think you're getting anything out of me John. I'm a by product of some of the most stubborn people you'll ever meet." 'By-product was one of the less faltering terms Rinaa referred to herself by. She'd never been born and had struggled in her childhood with the idea of being a product of eight different sets of DNA and whether that made her a person or not. For the most part she'd made her peace with it.

"Oh I've seen him in action alright and it's damn impressive. There's a chance he'll get it right, but this way is far more fun and far more infuriating for all involved. Plus it means John has to work for it." Elliott was going to draw this out, and he was genuinely curious as to what John would come up with. "Well, the challenge is bloody accepted."

By that point the sun was almost completly below the horizon, so the outside lights were flipped on. They had been set up at some point in the early morning by Cliff's family with the help of Moyas wings for the high places, and Rinaa's skills with wiring and electronics. The light were able to change colours, but we're currently on a soft yellow white, bathing the area in a comforting glow. "Okay people" Cliff called out, standing on the stage, where she could be seen, her voice amplified through a mic that by some minor miracle didn't give any loud scratchy feedback. "Listen up people, we got a load of food here, so there's no need to fight it out gladiator style. Let's all behave espescially in front of the aliens." The last part was added in a stage whisper, earning a large laugh as the wedding guests were from various planets and star systems so everybody was an alien to somebody. "So nobody needs to get drunk and do stupid shit, save that for tomorrow night." She added before turning off the mic, jumping done from the stage and hoping the others where the food had been set up.

There was no way that either Fia or Kay thought that Rinaa would give in to anyone trying to weasel the information out of her. It also didn't surprise either of them that she knew the story, as it was assumed from the get go that she would know, for the very sole reason if getting to know who her father was. With Elliott replying to Fia's words, it was so tempting for Fia to come out with something along the lines of 'you mean he knows how to work for something?' but she refrained from such a thing by biting her lip to stop herself.

When Cliff got up on the stage and started talking to everyone through a mic, both Kay and Fia looked up toward Cliff and listened to her talk about what the whole food situations as like, chuckling at the alien comment. Kay smirked at the getting drunk comment, guessing that no doubt everyone around her would be doing such a thing whilst she remained very much sober tomorrow evening. She wouldn't even be surprised if Fia drank and did drink despite not being eighteen yet. She wouldn't even truly complain about it either, knowing that she herself started drinking under age and it was a wedding on a different planet so she would let it slide this time. She had no idea if her future self would condone such a choice, but it was hers in the here and now anyway.

"I guess we should go get some food then. I'm starving" Fia remarked in a typical teenage manner. Kay rolled her eyes but was smiling at it, she had to admit she was hungry herself, unborn Fia making her very much desperate for food. "Likewise kiddo" Kay replied.

The speech Cliff gave was pretty darn good in John's mind, short, snappy and humorous and the exact opposite of the usual over embellished waffle the League and other heroes churned out. At the alcohol comment John smirked, he wasn't intending to get pissed, but he would be taking advantage of an open bar. Moya smirked as well, but for different reasons, as well as working in the motorbike shop, she had a second job in a restraunt-come-bar and was pretty good at mixing up cocktails as a result. Rinaa would also be hitting the bottle, she'd started drinking at a particularly early age, but in strict moderation, as a teenager it was a useful social lubricant off world where rules were different. She'd be drinking at the wedding, but it would be more in the form of getting some liquid courage into her as opposed to getting hammered.

At Fia's comment she made an agreeable sound. "Hells yes! They have a massive platter of ribs over there and the venison is to die for too." She was starving like the rest of them and made a beeline for the food, Moya sticking right behind her, using her wings to 'unintentionally' prevent people from getting around her and at the food she wanted. John followed Rinaa's food advice, the ribs came in a variety of sauces and glazes, and by the looks of them had been slow smoked for at least seven hours. The venison had been perapared similarly with a selection of spices. The food was predominantly meat based, but there were enough vegetarian options and some side salad bits, as well as copious quantities of chips. Planning the menu had been the job of Cliff's parents, Benji and Matteo as they were the one living on the island and had to source everything. "Bloody Hells this stuff smells amazing!"

Fia smirked at Rinaa's reply, glad that she wasn't the only one who was absolutely starving and more than ready to attack the food gladly. When all was said and done, Fia headed up to where the food was behind John, Rinaa and Moya, and beside Kay. Getting there the food did smell incredible, and it was making Kay all that more hungry, as well as Fia. "It really does smell so good. It's an amazing selection." Kay replied to John. Fia wastes no time grabbing a plate and piling it up with ribs and chips, a pile that no teenager should be able to finish but Kay just knew Fia would accomplish it.

Kay was a lot more reserved in her plate of food, making sure to get a mixture of meats, vegetables and a small cheeky portion of fries because she damn well fancied them. She still wanted to make sure she ate well whilst in her current situation and not just eat junk like she usually did. She also didn't want to get nagged at or be given a disapproving look by anyone for not eating correctly, which she knew someone she knew would, even if it ended up being Fia herself or Cliff.

The food had been laid out buffet style (the only sensible way to do it in John's opinion). The tables were set up and the various guests began moving them around and showing them together to suit their needs. Cal and Cliff had chosen to dine with rest of the Attili crew. While not at the same table, Jay and Conrad were back to back, allowing one to lean back in the seat and caht with the other with ease. Lock and Elliott had adopted a similar position and the conversation was flowing easily between the two. It was a testiment to their friendship that they seemed able to just pick up where they left off and so far nobody had seen any hiccups between the two. John found himself glancing over at the two every so often, a sight smile on his face. The wedding was offering them all an opportunity to relax, but for Elliott in particular it was allowing him to make peace with his past, and with the emotional baggage draining away he looked far betr than he did that day they first saw him in the Attili cell. A similar effect was taking place on Rinaa. To John it was clear that Moya was bringing out the best in her, letting her happier colours shine. While Fia was more of a happy go lucky kind of person, Rinaa was somebody who flicked between exuding quiet happiness and being the life and soul of whatever group she was in. It was fascinating in a way.

The food was of course as good as it smelt, maybe even better. It was somehow better than restraunt food in John's opinion and he didn't know if that was because he knew advanced just how wild the meat was or if it was to do with the whole atmosphere of the place. "Bloody balls, this is fucking amazing. If the food is always this good, I think I'm just gonna stay here for the rest of me life."

Finding a table that they could all sit at, Kay put her plate down and grabbed her fork to start tucking in to the food, starting with some of the chips. She saw how everyone was seated themselves and it did feel good to see everyone in their group actually genuinely happy for once. Glancing at John, who she sat next to as per usual, noticed his smile when he glanced over at Elliott, which she couldn't blame him for doing. If was a nice sight to see Elliott happy and just seeming to put so much behind him in this moment, whilst being reunited with his childhood friend.

Fia, who sat opposite him and Kay, laughed at his reaction when he finally started to eat and came out with what he did in reaction. She had to agree the food was incredible and nothing like she had ever eaten before, even the chips just felt like they tasted better. Kay smirked at John, before not being to resist some kind of smart ass remark in retaliation. "If that's the case it'll give me and will a break from cooking for you, let someone else put up with you for a change" she smirked, clearly not meaning it in the slightest. Fia had to stop eating for fear she'd choke on one of the ribs she had picked up, after hearing what Kay came out with. "Savage Kay" Fia replied. "And we all know you wouldn't know what to do with all that spare time" she then added with a grin. "Now whose the savage one?" Kay chuckled.

John just rolled his eyes in reaction, he could see he was right just by looking at Fia and Kay's faces, that they were enjoying the food just as much as he was. The comments just bounced right off his skin, he could cook, only basic stuff but it got him by for years. He wasn't a picky eater, but bloody well appreciated a proper, well done meal. Whoever the cooks were in Cliff's family (he suspected all of them played a part) they had done an amazing job and he made a mental not to thank them later. Chas snorted at the comments before adding one of his own. "I think John moving here will be great for my mental health and me can and the remaining immortality I have left. Plus I'll finally be able to have that bloody holiday without any distractions."

"And I'd be able to make meself useful here."
John smirked before calling over to Rinaa. "Artemis, question. You grew up hunting and fishing yeah?" She nodded, understanding the unpsoke part that carried out these activities on Cliff's homeworld. "I did, yeah, why?" "How hard is it to gut a fish or a deer?" "It's a steep learning curve at first, but it's not actually as bad as you think."
John's face quite clearly said 'tell me more, leave in the disgusting details I want to get back at these guys'. To which Rinaa complied and launched into a highly descriptive account of how to skin, gut out and prepare a deer carcass, leaving out nothing, John asking questions the whole time, looking actually fascinated by the process.

Kay smirked and chuckled at Chas joining in on the jibes toward John. She also knew that Fia had a point when it came to herself. She would be kinda lost on what to do if she didn't have people to cook for and the like. She enjoyed making food for everyone as she felt like she was being useful to everyone. That wasn't to say she wasn't enjoying the whole having good cooked for her for a change. When John said about making himself useful here on Cliff's planet, both Fia and Kay rose an eyebrow at his words, wondering where this was going, guessing it wasn't going to be particularly pleasant judging by the smirk on his face.

Just as they both thought, it rapidly turned into a conversation about cutting animals and sealife for the sake of food. As the details started coming out in great detail, much to John's fascination, Kay was rapidly put off her food, putting her fork down and pushing her plate away from her. Fia on the other hand was t out off and just kept eating like it was any other conversation. "and now I'm not hungry anymore....." Kay said grumpily. Normally gross stories wouldn't put her off her food and she'd be like Fia, but being pregnant made her react very very differently to the story. She was annoyed she was put off because it was so good, she was incredibly hungry and enjoying it greatly. Fia looked at Kay then at John, "yeesh, putting a pregnant woman off her food? Dangerous territory" Fia told him.

He'd taken the situation too far, that much was obvious to both John and Rinaa as soon as Kay declared she'd lost her appetite. Had they been somewhere else Rinaa would have simply switched language to something that John understood and Kay didn't. There was very little that could put either John or Rinaa off their food, both were sort of desensitised to talk of gore and gruesomeness while eating. It was one reason why they'd bonded over horror movie in her timeline, they could talk about dissection, mutilation and gore to their hearts content while watching said things on screen. As soon as Kay spoke Rinaa instantly stopped talking, turning slightly away from the group with a slight sigh. She was cursing herself mentally for taking John's bait, getting on well with one at the expense of getting on with the other clearly wasn't just exclusive to her timeline.

John's thoughts were also going along a similar process. In a way he was surprised it had taken him this long to fuck things up. It was bound to happen sooner or later, it was the way he was. Those around him got hurt by his actions no matter what. Kay was just going to be the latest addition to a long liat of names. The guilt, frustration and annoyance he felt about himself weren't passed over the bond, unconsciously he had stopped himself from projecting anything or any emotion along the bond. It was the same way he normally supresesf his emotions, gathering them up and shoving them into another corner of his kind, showing no outwards signs. It's what allowed him gain a reputation as such a hardarsed bastard. "That's basically my M.O. y'know." He replied to Fia with a shrug and no outwardly signs of what was going on in his head.

Kay saw how Rinaa reacted, turning away from them, because of Kay's statement and actions. It was a minor thing and Kay wouldn't be holding a grudge for it in the slightest. She was just grumpy because she was hungry and now felt like she couldn't eat anything. She hated being so easily influenced over everything small because of the damn pregnancy. "I'm not that bad Fia, and despite what you might assume I'm not this monsterous pregnant lady and not actually angry at John or Rinaa. I'll get over it" Kay stated, not knowing how guilty John felt about going as far as he did. "I'm sad I can't look at my food without seeing the descriptions just spoken about" she added.

Fia honestly thought that Kay would go off on one, she was used to making Kay angry over little things to see how far she could push her buttons, that she assumed this would do the same thing to her, especially as she was hormonal. "Might be your M.O but clearly it's not enough to make Kay leave you is it? She's still here and you're still alive" Fia smirked, joking around after Kay said she wasn't all that bad. Which to her defence she hadn't been through that cliché awful pregnant woman mindset that a lot of women could go through. She wasn't utter hell to be around, which she was actually happy about, considering being a first being it could be very hit or miss with attitudes.

Moya had been tuned out for most of the conversation, missing the whole description of Rinaa's intimate knowledge of disembowlling and gutting. She'd been fiddling with various signal boosters under the table in an attempt to send a message through to her family confirming that she was indeed alive. She breathed a sigh of relief when the message finally sent "I got through to my family, thanks for these." She whispered to Rinaa. "Eh, no problem, I got them off Cliff's oldest brother, he's got a bunch of them." Moya picked up on Kay's slip up with regards to Rinaa's name, and raised an eyebrow at the girl beside her. "I thought your name was Artemis." The question didn't contain any suspicious undertones, but when somebody refereed to the person beside you by a different name, you did have to question it.

"It is, but I have three names, my tribal nam, my Attili name and my Earth name. They're referring to my Attili name Rii'Na'Tzi. Tzi coming from my father's side, Na being the first syllable of my mother's name. I stopped using my Attili birth recently enough, given the situation with Elliott." Rinaa answered, twirling her fork nervously in one hand. She'd never used her real Attili name Lea'Qui'Tzi for anything, it was an uncomfortable reminder of what she'd lost. "What about your Earth name? Do you use that anymore?" Rinaa shook her head. "No, It's more of a formality than anything else, a cover identity for travel documents and ID. I don't feel like that person is really me." She continued voice level, in her mind Leah was somebody else entirely, and that person was dead to her.

Fia's words did nothing to change John's mindset, just reminding him if the fact that if things did go sideways, he stood to lose so much. "Really? I hadn't noticed." He drawled, making a joke out checking his wrist for a pulse. But his mind was elsewhere, thinking of the words shouted at his retreating back a couple of months before Kay made an appearance in his life "You're a dead man walking Constantine!"

Until Moya questioned Rinaa about her name, Kay hadn't even realised she accidentally called her by the other name. When she had realised, she mentally slapped herself for it, but luckily Rinaa had managed to solve the little issue with no problem or stumbling. It wasn't exactly a lie either, that much was obvious Kay. She would apologise to Rinaa later if she got the chance she decided. Fia also noticed what Rinaa said about her earth name, finding it not surprising that she would feel that way about it considering how negatively she felt about earth and what it was linked to.

Fia rolled her eyes at John's comeback as she shoved three chips in her mouth at the same time. She could tell he wasn't all there mentally though all of a sudden, just something told her he was a bit more annoyed over the accident than he needed to be. Kay placed a reassuring hand on his knee under the table, lightly squeezing it. Her appetite was slowly coming back and she pulled her plate back toward her, focusing on her own chips, rather than the meat. "Any of you want the meat off my plate?" She asked, hoping someone would take it so it didn't go to waste as she hated wasting food.

Rinaa's issues with her name were complex and stretched across many years in her timeline. It wasn't just about the association with Earth, it was about the person she'd once been. Lying about her name was second nature at this stage, but she felt guilty lying to Moya. She had no qualms with lying to anybody in her family (even Jay and Elliott, as they'd both changed their names and were in no position to judge her if she did the same). But Moya was different, she was Rinaa's type, one hundred percent, dark haired, spunky, smart, funny, athletic, quirky, well capable of standing up for herself and comfortable in her own skin. And the fact that she was gorgeous with incredible wings only added to it. If they'd met under different circumstances, Rinaa truly believed things could go far. But for now she'd just make the most of being there.

John smiled slightly at Kay's gesture, it didn't completly alleviate everything but it helped. When Kay offered up her meat, almost everybody else at the table was willing to grab a bit, even if it was just to avoid going to the buffet table again. A routine quickly developed that as soon a some person got up to get food, they'd also have to get what everybody else at the table required. Rinaa and Moya found themselves volunteering for that job, both taking the opportunity to show off their waitressing skills. Moya being able to use her wings to help carry food, while Rinaa could carry four glasses in each hand (using a trick John recognised from various bars).

Kay didn't know what was going through his mind or how bad it was, but something in her just told her that he needed the gesture of reassurance. Keeping her hand where it was, she let anyone and everyone take a bit of the food she didn't want, not minding whatsoever. She took note of how Rinaa and Moya took it upon themselves to show off their waitressing skills as they did the trips to the buffet for everyone. She was thankful though for the drink, even if it was a soft drink and not alcoholic.

Fia also kept to soft drinks for tonight, deciding that she'd try and get herself something alcoholic during the wedding as it was a very good excuse to do so. She was also curious if Kay and John would both agree or disagree on letting her drink, a little test she was looking forward to doing. Fia had managed to somehow eat almost her bodyweight in chips and ribs, before she leaned back in her chair, declaring she well and truly had a food baby and couldn't eat another bite. Kay just smirked and shook her head at her daughter, not having that term in so long. She also had to refrain from making any kind comment. "I'm stuffed too kiddo" Kay then decided to stick to, figuring it was the best remark to go with as she sat back on her chair slightly, her thumb absentmindedly rubbing John's leg.

Rinaa rolled her eyes at the term Fia chose to decrsibe the amount of food she'd eaten. Rinaa herself had eaten almost as much, if not more than Fia, a casual by passer looking at their plates would have thought that between them the two teenagers had eaten a whole deer and a small game animal. The others had eaten a more moderate amount, not possessing the voracious appetite and hyper metabolism of the teenagers. The energy of the whole wedding party had dampened slightly, everybody was well fed well watered and beginning to feel the effects of the long distances they'd travelled to be there. A couple of guests had trickled in during the eating, but looking around Cliff and Cal were ninety eight percent certain that everybody who needed to be there was there.

"Well that's good news for any of us contemplating desert, less competition." Rinaa smirked from her spot with Moya, the two had started off a regular distance apart, but during the course of the meal had migrated until each had an arm comfortably wrapped around the other. "How can you even think about desert after all that food?" Chas groaned from his seat, he'd probably eaten too much, but that was the whole point of weddings really. "I'm close enough to still being a teenager that I can eat anything and not really suffer any consequences." She shrugged. John had given a bit of thought to whether Fia should be allowed to drink or not. The drinking age on this planet was seventeen, so she was legal, Rinaa would also be drinking, so it was only fair. And if she got smashed and made an arse of herself, John would use this as an opportunity to bring up at every other events with alcohol in Fia's life. He'd relaxed since earlier, there seemed to be no lasting effects with regards to his earlier behaviour, but John tended not to drop things. He'd ralexed back into his chair, looking surprisingly comfortable.

Fia was convinced that if she didn't train so much, there would be no way she'd eat nearly as much as she does most of the time and wouldn't be nearly as fit as she was. She knew Rinaa would be able to eat more than her because of her hyper metabolism but she didn't give it much thought. She just shrugged off what Rinaa said about dessert, really not wanting to take that bite at all, and just massaged her stomach as she succumbed to the full feeling she had. The whole atmosphere dampening didn't go unnoticed by her either, as she glanced round every now and then, seeing everyone being a lot more subdued compared to the earlier excitable and wide awake chattering groups everyone was in.

Kay made the most of the relaxing in her chair and quieter chat that was going on. She smirked when Chas replied to Rinaa about dessert, nodding in agreement at his statement. "Teenagers....they are by far the biggest enigma I know when it comes to food" she commented with a smirk. "Rude but kinda true" Fia remarked back at her with a smile as she stared upwards. "but I realise I must have eaten a lot because not even I want dessert and I like me my desserts" she then added. "And that says something" Kay smirked back. She noticed how much more relaxed John was getting also, which did make her happier. She didn't even think about Fia drinking and probably wouldn't until the moment cropped up or Fia asked. If she had thought about it, she would have been torn on what decision to make, knowing that she'd be a hypocrite if she said no because she drank underage enough times, especially as she didn't know the legal drinking age on this planet.

Yet she also knew she would no doubt get twisted round to agree and let Fia drink anyway.

Rinaa waved a hand, completly dismissing Kay's points. "Technicalities, technicalities" she sighed."Just get desert in a take away box or something and eat it whenever you actually regain appetite. Problem solved." She considered for a moment before adding. "Though chances are they won't even bother with desert today, give that we're not the only ones stuffed. Might just nick some cake and let that be that." "I completly support that idea, if you need an alibi I'm sure I can make something up." Moya smirked with a sly look on her face that said, now this is somebody I need more of in my life how the hell did I get so bloody lucky.

"Don't start robbing banks you two."Chas added, seeing the scheming looks they were giving each other, finding the way the were acting with one another very sweet. So far Moya had only been a good influence, but Rinaa had also mentioned that the gril sitting beside her was involved in illegal street racing. "Correction Chas, they can go and rob banks I don't mind, just so long as they don't get caught. And if you do, you know damn well how to break out of jail." "True, true." Rinaa smirked, leaning back in her chair. The guests slowly began to drift away as the night got darker, heading back to their ships, boats and the field that had turned into a makeshift campsite for the night.

Kay, as she always did with everyone, looked at Rinaa when she spoke and just shook her head slightly at the reply she got given. She then listened as Rinaa and Moya continue the chat, seeing just how much those two clearly really liked each other. The look particularly given by Moya said so much without it saying a single thing and Kay couldn't help but smile at the two of them. She then smirked when Chas told them not to go robbing banks, seeing his own parental mode come through in that one statement.

She continued to smirk and chuckle when Jay stepped in with her permission to rob a bank but only if they don't get caught, which made her see once again that none of them, with the exception of Chas probably were really the normal type of parent. She glanced around to see the other guests filtering out and away to their respective places to crash for the night, before looking back at her group. "Seems we're becoming the last ones standing...well.. sitting" she commented, though she did think it wouldn't be for much longer, as she leaned ever so slightly more onto John. "Probably not for much longer though" Fia replied.

John and Elliott both smirked at Jay's parenting advice. It was a typical remark from her. Out of all of them at the table, it was safe to say that given her past and inability to have children by regular means, she was the least likely to become a parent. In Rinaa's timeline she had been the best mother the teenager could have, and Rinaa could only think if about five things she'd change about how Jay brought her up and she was incredibly grateful to her. It was the reason why, in her timeline, Jay was the only family member who knew her full motivations for going back in time (not even Chas knew, as she wanted his actions to be genuine and make sure that if it did blow up in her face, he wouldn't get in any if the fallout). Jay didn't possess a typical mothering instinct, but her loyalty and willingness to protect those closest to her sort of made up for it.

"Yeah, it's probably worth thinkin' about actually getting up and headin' to The House. Tomorrow is gonna be all kinds of crazy." John, replied, making no effort to get up and actually move anywhere. "Well, don't look at me, I won't be considering sleeping for another couple of hours at least." "Same here, though I'm really just waiting for Cliff's family to clear off to bed so I can spend at least an hour in the bathroom deciding what to do for my latest haircut." "You're gonna be waiting a while then." "Yeah, I know." "Well I'm gonna head to The House, I've a feeling tomorrow's gonna be an extremely late night for us all."

Kay nodded when John agreed that they should probably start heading back to The House. She knew weddings always ran into the late hours, no matter how much you told yourself to call it a night at a certain time, it never stuck. Though she always noted how he made no effort to actually move, which probably help with the fact she was leaning on him slightly so. She did eventually sit up away from him, as everyone was talking and Elliott had no plans of hitting the hay just yet.

Listening to everyone, she knew it was now a good time to actually move when Chas said he was heading to The House. "Agreed, I'm gonna do the same. I'd rather get as much rest as possible in preparation for the long day and night tomorrow" Kay replied. "Same here, I wanna be able to stay up most of the night tomorrow" Fia remarked, getting up off her seat. With a stretch of her arms up above her head, she then lowered them and pulled her chair in as she side stepped round it. "See the rest of you in the morning" she said at Elliott, Rinaa, Jay and Moya. It was then that Kay got herself up off the chair. She was definitely ready to head to The House at this point, fully ready to lay in bed and selfishly wanting to just cuddle up to John. "yeah, night guys" she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back