• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Fia looked across when Chas said what the name of the dog was, smiling as she tapped her fingers on the porch to get Meyer's attention. "Come here girl" she cooed, showing just how good with animals she was. She had no problems looking the dog over confirming Chas' suspicion. "Yup, Meyer is indeed a girl" she commented. As Kay mentioned about the kicking, Fia had to smirk even though it was highly strange hearing about herself in such a manner.

Kay just found it amusing how Chas reacted the same way as John did, and in some way, herself. It didn't all together surprise her that John didn't want to feel baby Fia kicking in front of everyone, even if she didn't share the same opinion as he did. She would have said something as well but their talking was interrupted by their phones going off. Fia discreetly sighed with relief when it was said that Rinaa was remaining on the houseboat. "So...what should we do? If we can get Fia away from Meyer that is" Kay asked.

The dog willingly rolled over at Fia showing the slightest interest in her. Meyer was the friendliest of the three dogs and was known for fraternising with everyone and everything in the hopes of food (a tactic that usually worked). She was going to have the time of her doggy life at the wedding with so many new people around. "That's what I thought." Chas agreed with a nod, watching the two together. It was clear that Fia was an animal person and very much enjoying the company of Meyer. Dog walking duties were going to be a breeze for her. "You could have just guessed, it's a fifty-fifty chance mate." "Shut up John."

"Well the polite thing to do would be to greet the people who are so kindly letting us stay on such short notice, and see if this rune combination works." Elliott called out, rounding The House followed by Jay. There were no visible runes on his bare arms, so he must have drawn them on his stomach, or potentially gotten Jay to draw them on his back while he chanted the necessary somatic. "They worked when Rinaa spoke it, so I don't see why they wouldn't work when her family speaks, they're clearly the ones who taught her after all." Jay added, leaning against the balustrading of the porch, not actually on the grounds of The House, just right on the boarder.

Fia smiled at Meyer reacting to her, which she instantly gave Meyer a lot of fuss and scratches. She may not have treats for the dog, but she definitely had a lot of love to give as being around animals always cheered her up when she had a bad moment. She didn't even notice the fact Elliott and Jay were walking up toward The House until Elliott spoke up in response to what Kay asked.

Kay looked up when Elliott spoke up and listened to what he said, nodding finding it was the logical thing to do. Like John, she didn't notice any markings on Elliott so assumed he chose a place that could be hidden. Kay only picked her arm like Fia because it was the first place she could think of, due to seeing it on Fia's arm. "You got a point there" she smirked, pushing herself off the wall, screwing the lid back on the bottle of water. Fia stopped giving Meyer scratches so she could stand up, putting her own water bottle in the back pocket of her shorts. "Let's go then" she spoke up.

"Sounds like a plan." Chas agreed as they set off towards the family house. "Wonder if thy've got any idea what they're getting themselves into having us around?" "They full well know what they're getting themselves into, apparently as soon as there was even the vaguest hint of a wedding being a thing, it was decided for them that it was going to be here on this island. They volunteered the whole island, knowing it had enough space to park crafts on and off, as well as to accommodate all the people and food needed. The brainwave of having it here was a combined combination of Benji and her parents." Jay answered, she had deliberately chosen to speak in a different language to see if their runes could translate it.

Chas looked at her with surprise as did Elliott and John. "How'd you know all that?" Elliott asked. "Cliff told me" she shrugged casually. Seeing their faces she smirked "What did you think we spent all that time talking and signing about?" "I thought it was mostly bitching about myself and Cal saying you could do so much better if you tried?" "That was part of the time yes. But I figured if were'd going to go to another planet and meet a whole bunch of new people then it's worth finding stuff out. So I asked a load of questions about the wedding and found out some pretty interesting stuff. And her family are more than capable than running this show. In fact they enjoy doing this kind of hosting. The family reunions here are insane."

Kay stepped forward and walked with the rest, noticing Fia staying beside Meyer the whole time. It made her smile a bit that even after having Rinaa's wolf side verbally attack her, she was still very much happy to be with the dog. She listened to what Jay was saying in response to Chas' question and found that yes she could understand every single word that was being said. She too was surprised that Jay knew so much, and wondered how, forgetting for a while that Jay and Cliff had spent a large amount of time sign chatting with each other.

She smirked at the assumption from Elliott of what was being said, as she would have to admit that it wouldn't surprised her if his assumption was what they spoke about the majority of the time. She did think that for a lot of the time herself, now that she thought back on it. "Families that like hosting large amounts of people are people that are equally amazing and terrifying. Amazing because they have they patience of a saint so to speak to deal with it, and terrifying because they usually can find stuff out without you even knowing due to the way they mingle everywhere and anywhere." Kay remarked remembering the big gatherings that Sam would host for her birthday, or the odd summer party that would get organised.

The others nodded in agreement with Kay's words, knowing that she was one hundred percent right. "This lot fall into both categories, apparently they actually like hosting crazy social dos with ridiculously large amounts of people, food and drama. Cliff says she thinks its their replacement for having a house full of kids who used to be non-stop drama and now three are off world most of the time. Also her parents both grew up in large families so family reunions are a pretty damn big deal. There's a good few relatives who'll start a fight with somebody else over something that happened eighteen years ago, as well as the gossips who wnat to know everyone and everything and the mandatory cousin who screams 'I love tequila' at the top of their lungs and gets utterly pissed."

"They don't do things by halves do they?" "Nope they really don't it seems, everybody needs a hobby I suppose." Jay agreed with Chas, as they neared the house the sound of laughing could be heard. As the got closer still they could see that Cal, Cliff, Dan, Cliff's siblings and her parents were all sitting on the decking part outside the house listening as Charlie was telling a story about her colleagues in the force. If there was enough chairs they hadn't been arsed to get them, so most were sitting or leaning against the fence or on the fence in whatever position felt comfortable. Which in Nat's case meant sitting sideways, his legs sprawling along the top of the fence, listening and idly carving a block of wood at the same time. 'So of course the only t-shirt left in the lost and found that comes anywhere close to fitting is one that says' I shaved my balls for this?!?" So that what our triple homicide commiter had to wear on his way to court.' Charlie declared with a grin.

Last edited:
Kay listened to Jay and what she got out of it was that Cliff's family were no different to any other she had come across. She had to smirk at Chas' reaction to it all, "sounds about right. The Moores were exactly the same" she replied, meaning her adoptive family. Kay never took on their surname, as she wanted to keep her full name from her mother. She didn't feel it was right to relinquish her mother's surname, just because Sam's family adopted her.

As they got closer, she looked on at who was chatting with who and how they were all grouped together. As they got even closer she could understand the story being told and had to smirk at it. "Well..the runes work" she remarked, to which Fia nodded, "told you they would" she teased, earning a side dig from Kay which just made her chuckle. "Go on Meyer, announce our presence" Fia smirked, giving her a scratch and pat to let the dog run on ahead. "I'm impressed how you are with the dog kiddo" Kay said. "Eh..it's no big deal" Fia replied, still keeping the real reason of why she's good with Meyer under wraps.

John smirked at the ending of the story he didn't need to know the rest of it to be able to laugh at it. He could tell the runes were working, not just for himself, but for Elliott, Jay, Chas, Fia and Kay too. "And just in time too that's a story we all needed to hear." He replied, on ehanf going to scratch where the runes was, but deciding against it. At Fia's command to the dog Meyer gave her a look that could only be described as one of complete and utter refusal. "She won't do that you know, prefers fraternising with people to actually listening to them. If you had food she'd consider it." Dan called out, from his spot on the porch, as the adoptive father of Cal he was considered important enough to warrant dragging out a chair for.

"Is that a polite way of calling my dog a lazy shit?" Cliff asked with a smirk before sticking two fingers in her mouth an giving a sharp whistle for the dog, then signing at her. Meyer immediately ran over, joining the other two dogs who were sprawled across the ground. "She basically is though" Matteo declared "that dog may be incredibly smart and able to understand sign language, but she really has no motivation whatsoever to obey new people or do anything that doesn't result in food gain for her." "She understands sign language? That's pretty damn awesome." Elliott was looking at the dog with new found respect. 'You fixed the language barrier then.' The blacksmith remarked, his words translating easily. He didn't speak Cliff's native language, so he'd found away around it. And just like them it involved runes, more specifically the set on his upper arm that were now a purplish colour.

Kay nodded chuckling, agreeing that it was indeed a story they could have done with hearing after the earlier drama between the teenagers. She also watched as Meyer clearly refused to move on Fia's command and smirked at the stubbornness of the dog, which strangely reminded her of the stubbornness of Fia. Both girls listened to Dan saying that Meyer wouldn't so it unless Fia had good of some kind to bribe her with and chuckled. "Then I guess I should be given treats to always have around me!" Fia smirked. "Sounds like you kiddo! Won't do something unless I bake you something" Kay smirked, which made Fia playfully glare at Kay, before flipping her off with not one finger, but two.

Seeing the dog run over and understand the sign language Cliff did, Kay was highly impressed. "scratch that..the dog is more intelligent" Kay teased. "Oh ha ha!" Fia said sarcastically. They didn't notice initially but they were speaking Cliff's native language so everyone could understand the banter being said. Even with what Kay was saying, it did come across as big sister taunting the younger one, something Kay was glad about. "and yeah we fixed the language barrier" Fia said turning to Dan, noting he too went down the rune route, as she tapped her forearm where the communication rune was. It didn't glow like Dan's but it didn't need to. Kay looped her arm through John's, as they reached the house and the others properly. Her free hand cradling the underside of her baby bump.

Dan nodded as Fia tapped her rune. 'The only way to do it really. I'm using a different set, but I suspect that's because our planets base rune systems off completly different languages, though there seems to be some overlap.' 'So you do have a mystical connection, runes are a dead give away even if they've been counter inked as a disguise.' 'They were counterbanded actually, but I called in a favour and got a shoddy job done, so the potent binding inks could be drawn out and replaced with harmless lines. Long story.' The blacksmith explained, having already anticipated this particular line of conversation. "I'll find time."

The family watched with amusement at the banter flowing easily between the group. Cliff had given then an extensive explanation along with a list of things to avoid- 'call it a wedding present' she'd said- but that didn't stop them from scrutinising their new guests. The other family remembers shuffled around, making room for all the newcomers on the decking area. 'We're trying to keep her away from food at the moment, same with all the other animals.' Matteo explained. 'Though I'm fully expecting her to eat a whole buffet table in about three second flat.' "Thought that was your job? Or have you finally stopped eating everything in sight?' Cliff smirked, making Matteo roll his eyes, and Charlie hold out a fist for a fist bump that somehow managed to look classy (though that could be something to do with how relaxed she looked in her uniform with a pair of badass aviator shades stuck in her hair).

Fia listened to what Dan explained about his runes and how they were different but still worked the same way. John beat her to it replying to Dan about it however, and when John said about he'll have time, she wanted to be around for that chat as well. "I'd love to hear it too" she said back, always metaphorically having a learning brain on her shoulders. She was also aware of the amusement on the other's faces at the banter between herself and Kay, get she was also aware of the scrutinising that was going on over them all.

Kay found space next to John with everyone else on the decking, listening to banter going onto Matteo this time when it came to the whole food comments. Fia even nodded at the remarks about trying to get Meyer away from unnecessary food at the moment, smirking at the buffet table comment. "That's dogs for you, will eat anything in sight if you give them an inch of a space, also what is it with siblings and accusing us of always eating?" she replied to Matteo with a smirk, whilst Cliff fist bumped with her sister for the dog she gave him. "And then they wonder why they're pranked on. It's payback if you ask me!" She chimed with a cheeky glint in her eye.

Kay couldn't help but wonder what exactly was said by Cliff to her family about what not to mention and what was mentioned in general but she didn't say anything, as it quite frankly wasnt the time or place. So she just made do with listening to the various chats going on, deciding she'd speak up if she found something worth joining in on.

Attachments

• 17d0294ff1b0d2cc14876e1fe2c3f325.gif
    17d0294ff1b0d2cc14876e1fe2c3f325.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
The blacksmith nodded, having suspected that most of them would want to hear his life story now that the language barrier was gone. And he was willing to tell it too. 'Fine by me, that part of my life is only secret when on Attil, for obvious reasons known as a small hierarchy of idiots in power.' His tone made it firmly clear exactly what he thought of those people. 'Here these guys really couldn't care less' he gestured at Cliff's family who nodded their agreement, before focusing on the ribbing Cliff was giving to both her dog and her brother at the same time. To an outsider there was no signs that Cliff was deaf, she was seamlessly following the conversation as everybody had arranged themselves in such a way that she could easily see and read their lips.

'And horses, good grief they are the worst for stealing food.' Matteo nodded, making it clear that he was speaking from personal experience. A glint appeared in his eyes that perfectly matched Fia's. 'It's mainly just because they are too unimaginative to come up with anything else." He smirked, making the gills on the side of his neck flare up ever so slightly. He didn't have to say anything, but it was explicitly clear that payback was definitely on the cards. Cliff's parents took one look at the two and just knew. 'Not in the house, stables, outbuildings, boat buildings, ships, water craft, land craft, kennels or sea caves and definitly not at any point during the wedding day. Got it?' Cliff's father directed that at Matteo. He didn't need to state the consequences they were already fully known.

Fia was now excited for her time here, not only did it mean she got to learn about Dan's own runes and magical connections, she had a prank buddy in Matteo. This was just the cheer up she truly needed. "Never been round horses myself so I'll take your word on that!" She grinned, as she saw the glint in his eye match her own, she knew this was going to be the start of a great friendship...or so she hoped. She turned round to Cliff's parents as they listed a long list of places that were out of bounds to Matteo, it all making her chuckle. She definitely thought it was fair, especially the wedding day part. She wouldn't dream of ruining the day with a prank, even she had her limits.

Seeing the glint in both Fia's and Matteo's eyes being perfectly matched, Kay knew this was it....this was the start of things to make them be on their guard. "And it begins" she groaned. "Those rules apply to you as well Fia." She warned her using a big sister tone, rather than a motherly one to keep up the act. Fia rolled her eyes but was smirking greatly. "Yeah yeah I know. I do have my limits" Fia replied. "In advance I apologise for my sister's antics now." Kay told Cliff's family.

Cliff's mother and father nodded, accepting the apology with a knowing look. 'And we'd bets apologise for all of them in advance, not sure what exactly they'll do,but it's good to be prepared.' Cliff's mother replied, flicking the end of her ponytail over her shoulders. Seeing the whole family assembled together it was clear that they all bore some resembelence to one another,thought it want instantly obvious. They were all tall and blond, with various athletic builds. Benji was the most muscular and Nat had a wiry build and was the only one to wear glasses. He also had a longish fringe which gave him a shier, booker look. His hoodie was baggy, disguising his frame, but Cliff knew he was well muscled underneath.

'That needs to change, preferably as soon as possible' Matteo declared, having grown up with the horses around and really not being able to imagine life without them. "Wait, hold up a minute, you guys have horses? Cliff why do you seem to be neglecting telling us about the various animals your family has?" Jay asked, interest very much piqued. "It seems I didn't and yes we do, good way to get around the island as the bikes can't get everywhere. I take it you ride then?" Jay nodded. "It's been a while, but yes, I do. Another thing I learned on my travels through life. I learned on one of the desert worlds in the Arrakis system, bareback and saddled, as well as mounted archery." "Any good?" Cliff asked a glint in her eye, the conversation of the other family members stopping at the hint of a challenge in the air. "Decent." Jay shrugged, leaning forwards over the balustrading. "What do you say to a bit of a competition?" "Count me in."

Kay nodded smiling, finding they were all on the same page when it came to the younger ones in the group. She could see the family resemblance in them all, even if Nat had a lot of his feature disguised or hidden away in some form with clothing. She would have been lying if she thought she wasn't curious to what Cliff's family thought of their group and if they noted any similarities or differences between the lot of them or not. She was aware of Matteo telling Fia that her never seeing a horse in person needed to change and it made her smile, because she could tell how much Fia was enjoying hanging out with someone her own age group...albeit it due to time travel they were a similar age.

She listened to Jay be surprised by the announcement that they have horses, letting Cliff explain and challenge Jay to horseback archery. She found Jay's explanation of how she learned horse riding interesting. In Seattle there was no real chance to do such a thing, it was too built up in most places to be able to do it. Fia turned to Matteo and nodded, "I'm down for seeing them whilst I'm here. I'm a massive animal lover." She replied. She was also intrigued by this little competition that had suddenly been set up out of nowhere. "I wanna watch that!" Fia grinned, thinking they were lucky neither of them were a red head like her or had massive curly hair, as she would be calling one of them Merida in no time. "Of course you would!" Kay smirked.

Cliff smirked as did Jay, the idea of being able to show off on Cliff's home turf was very appealing for both of them. It didn't matter who actually won the thing, it would all be about style and stunts and finesse anyway. "How does tomorrow at some point in the morning sound?" "Like a plan, though it's best if I get to practice, see if I still remember how to ride a horse." "Just keep it's head at the front, the tail to the back and stay on the animal and you'll be fine." Cliff waved a hand dismissively. "Easy for you to say, you basically grew up doing this" Cal smirked. "Correction, she grew up doing this." Benji smirked, from his position, leaning against the porch. "Not the point Benji" "that is the literal fucking point of this statement." He retorted, as Cal rolled her eyes.

Matteo nodded 'well you've come to the right place, we're a cross between a farm, a zoo, a jungle and an aquarium here and that's just the house." Nat looked up at that comment, speaking for pretty much the first time. "No it's just your room that's like that." The other siblings laughed an dthe parents just rolled their eyes in long suffering fondness. "Your Room is hardly any better Nat." "Well I actually use mine as a workspace, unlike yours which is one biohazard away from being classified as a nucleur waste dump." "He's got a point y'know, I may be deaf but I can smell it from down here." "So now you're saying that being deaf enhances your senses. The last time I suggested such a thing, you called it 'complete and utter bullshit writen by somebody with no understanding whatsoever of medicine'."

Kay just chuckled at the banter going on between everyone, whilst thinking how it didn't take long before a moment of showing off and having fun was organised between them all. She also thought it was probably a good idea that Fia couldn't ride a horse, or she'd no doubt want to show off her crossbow violin for the sheer hell of it whilst on horseback to join in. She then turned her attention to the conversation going with the other and laughed, glad that when she walked into Fia's room just now, it wasn't anywhere near that bad.

Fia smiled at Matteo's words and chuckled when Nat spoke up with a retort. She did begin to wonder if Nat would ever talk, so when he did she had to chuckle at it, to go from being quiet to coming out with a sly remark that smoothly was brilliant in her eyes. Listening to everything be said about Matteo's room, she was starting to think she never wanted to see it if it was that bad. Sure, she had stuff everywhere in her rooms (the other being in John's apartment), but it was still relatively organised and she could still see the floor. "Aaanyway...so what other animals do you have here then if it's a cross between all that?" She asked, deciding to use her question to get Matteo out of the jabs.

'smooth Fia...smooth' Kay thought to herself, having a feeling she used the question technique to get out similar situations herself in her timeline. There was no doubt about it in her eyes, Matteo and Fia were going to get on just fine and definitely be a force to be reckoned with when they get going.

When Nat spoke up Chas turned to look at the middle brother. Chas had vaguely registered that he hadn't spoken a word up until then. His body language and appearance were pointing him out as an introvert, Cliff had pointed that out in her overview of the siblings. He couldn't help but wonder if he was this quite all the time or if it was just presence of the new people that was keeping him so quiet. After delivering his perfectly formed barb he turned his attention back to the carving in his hands, carefully skimming away the wood with the tip of a hunting knife. The skill was evident, as was the concentration in his face. Matteo's room wasn't actually that bad, but he took the proud title of having the messiest room of the five siblings or as he liked to call it- lived in.

'Well there's the dogs of course, not just these three here, there's a few predatory dogs here too, not wolves exactly, but close enough. There's some predatory wild cats too, we steer clear of those, they're excellent swimmers. Then there's the horses. There's deer, but the flock move between various islands so they aren't technically ours. Up in the mountain stretches there's wild goats. There's small game animals throughout the island. We had giant lizards at one point, though they haven't been seen for a few years, so chances are they made their way to another island. There's at least thirty different species of bird- predators, scavengers and everything in between. And then in the sea we get everything as the season change. Fish, sharks, rays, whales in summer, cephlapods and a whole range of ambhibious animals like the ocean horses.'

Fia listened to the long list of animals that they have, amazed at the variety of them, even if not all of them are technically theirs per say. "And to think back home, unless we go to a zoo or an aquarium the closest we get to anything 'wild' is rats and mice in the underground tunnels, and stray cats and dogs if you're lucky to see one on the streets" she said with a slight smirk and chuckle. She had seen many little mice on the underground on the rate occasion she had to use it, but she preferred not to. She wasn't even go into the supernatural side of the animal kingdom that she had seen and fought as that would be a topic that would never end.

Kay could see the skill that Nat possessed in the wood carving, finding it to be one art skill that always impressed her as it was one she wasn't ever capable of. She found herself resting her head on John's shoulder as she relaxed, massaging her stomach, which well and truly was now a habit. Still finding that she was getting used to the unconscious habits of a new mother to be. Fia looked up and saw how Kay was coping, smiling, "how's my niece?" She couldn't help but ask. "Stopped kicking the crap out of me for a while at bloody long last" Kay retorted, which Fia just found amusing and laughed. "Well, at least she'll be badass growing up!" Fia smirked, which made Kay roll her eyes.

The rest of the family would have added anything if Matteo had missed something, but he didn't. He may be the youngest sibling, but just like the rest of them he'd grown up on the planet and knew the landscape and the wildlife better than anything else. This was their home after all. 'Well it's completly different here, insane at times, dangerous at others, you picked a good time to show up. In storm season you sometimes can't even travel here, its to dangerous for any kind of craft landing. But I don't think any of us would trade it for anything.' Benji replied as the siblings and parents nodded in agreement.

'Cliff hasn't said much about your homeworld and our resident encyclopedia doesn't know anything much about it either. But it's safe to say our planets aren't really comparable in terms of anything. For instance we can't have anything underground here, flood risk y'see.' Matteo waved an arm in the vague direction of the sea (which wasn't very hard given that the whole island was surrounded by it). 'It's all mag-lev or mono-rails where there's actually enough land to build such things. Or artificial floating cities, those are kept small for safety reasons mainly.' He added. At Kay's remark Cliff shook her head,mutterting something sounded suspiciously like "Not how it works." which earned her a gentle cuff round the ear from Benji. 'You're supposed to be off duty, not fact checking things with regards to medicine'. " "We both know that's not how it works, I'll fact check medical stuff, Charlie will bitch at every single cop show or movie, you'll complain about mechanical and vehicular inaccuracies, Nat will correct pretty much everything, Matteo will talk shit and out parents will wonder why they ever considered having all of us was a good idea."

Last edited:
Fia listened to what Matteo said about how they weren't told much about their homeworld, which wasn't all that surprising, as it was only some of them that really knew the ins and outs of Earth. She also noted what Benji said about how it was a good time for them to travel here. "Definitely not comparable in pretty much anything, but I don't mind telling you about some things if you ever wanna know" Fia replied, she figured it was only fair that if they were gonna tell them about this place, then she could share what's on Earth as much as she could get away with. "We have monorails but not every country on Earth. Like, London doesn't have them at all, if you need transport it's buses, overground or underground trains or you drive yourself. If not you gotta walk everywhere" she explained.

Kay caught what Cliff was saying and the shake of her head and just smirked, she was amused that Benji that spoke up about it even before she could say anything. "May not work like that scientifically but it sure feels like it from the inside and it's bloody weird feeling" Kay remarked back with a smirk. She felt like only Cliff's mother could even remotely know what she was on about as no one else was a mother that she knew of in the group. "Shouldn't get up the duff then oh intelligent sister of mine!" Fia cheekily chimed in, earning a look of daggers being shot her way from Kay.

None of Cliff's siblings bothered to deny what she said about them, knowing full well that it was true. Cliff's mother signed at her daughter 'that may be accurate, but only myself and your father can say things like that, watch your tongue, and your hands, don't think I haven't been noticing that sly signing you've been exchanging with Charlie behind your backs.' She narrowed her purple eyes at the two daughters, who shrugged guiltily at being caught. Charlie's angle in the hammock made it perfect for the two to sign in secret, and Cliff had put in a new set of hearing aids to allow her to keep up with everything. "Haven't lost your touch Má'. 'Sorry Má'

The doctor signed back with a half smile. Cliff's family could admit that Fia had a point, but the pregnancy was something Cliff had told them to stay away from, explaining that it was different as Kay wasn't human, so Matteo swayed back to the safe subject of inter-planetary differences. 'Yep, completly different to here. Driving really doesn't exist as a form of transport, it's all ocean, so boats and the number one way to go. If you live here and can't drive a boat you are basically screwed. Or amphi-craft, though they're expensive. Subs are the best way between major cities. Walking is only good where land exists, and swimming isn't practical for distances, but everybody can do it, plus natives have biological advantages.' 'Plus we don't have countries here, the planet is divided up into various ocean territories making a grid pattern. Islands are named after whatever group lives on them. The bigger landmasses are more complex name wise, so they take mythology as an inspiration, same with the artificial cities.' Nat added.

As neither Kay or Fia could have seen the signing going on, just like the rest couldn't, they didn't know it was happening until Cliff's mother called them out on it via sign. It didn't bother either of them though, as they didn't know what was being said. Kay got the odd word or two, enough to guess what was being said, but that was it. The fact that no one even made casual talk about her being pregnant like most humans would back on Earth, Kay guessed a little while ago that Cliff told her family not to bring it up, which was fine by her but she also wouldn't have minded the odd chatter. She didn't want to feel like her being pregnant was this big black cloud in the room that people were too afraid of mentioning either, so she decided she would just take it as it comes each day. She drank the last of the water from the bottle she brought across with her instead, surprised she got through it so quickly.

Fia listened to Matteo and May as they explained what was different on this planet compared to what she said about what was on Earth. She found it all incredibly interesting and she didn't even try to hide her interest. "Interesting! We have countries and each country is made up various cities or counties. Or if its America then it's made up of states that have cities in said states, it's stupidly complicated for no reason if you ask me, especially as America have places with the same name as the UK where I live" she chuckled.

Cliff couldn't predict what kind sof questions her family would ask, and knew that Kay couldn't even answer some of the really obvious ones such as due date or the names being conisdered. Her parents were both incredibly sharp, and her mother knew how to find out the information she wanted, so by putting it off limits, Cliff made it quite clear to her family that this was bigger than the understood, and with more things at play. Fia's description held interest for them all, but it was essentially the same system as was used on Attil and other non-waterworlds, so it wasn't totally groundbreaking. "The Attili system is basically the same. Continents, split into countries, split into smaller regions with various cities and towns in them." "That was the same with the planet my cousin and I are from." Jay added.

'Was?' Nat picked up on the tense change in a flash, somehow doubting it was a translation error. He swung his legs down from their position on top of the balustrading so he could face Jay. His father went to tell him to stop poking his gob into business that wasn't his own, but Jay answered first."Yeah, it blew up, or more precisely it was blown up by idiots with nucleur weapons." 'Typical' Nat answered, somehow managing to sound sympathetic with one word. "Some people have more weapons than sense it seems." "Unfortunately those are also the people in charge.' "Sadly true."

Fia had a feeling they'd find the similarities between Attil and Earth, but she was going to describe it anyway. When Nat asked Jay about what she said, having picked up on the past tense used, she looked across. "Best not to get started on the topic of people in charge...brother in law of sorts here won't shut up if you do" Fia smirked, meaning John. Though she did have to make more of an effort mentally not to call him dad. She figured calling him her brother in law was the best way to go, as if she was Kay's sister, that would be how she'd see John, even though they weren't married. Especially as the story was they were her legal guardians.

"She speaks truth there, this one can go on for hours, especially as two lots of politics are kind of a thing in our household, as I'm two nationalities technically on Earth" Kay agreed, smirking whilst giving John a loving prod. As the days went on, and these sorta of conversations came up, it became more and more clear just how complicated their group was when it came to world politics or nationalities and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back