• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Into the fire (1x1 MzHyde/Gallifrog)

Rinaa hadn't made the connection until now, but she had been brought up the same lifestyle that Jay had- planet hopping. It made her realise, that just like her, Jay had nowhere she actually called home. And what only Rinaa and Elliott knew was that Jay's birth planet had been destroyed. It was little more than a collection of space debris now. "Yeah, but we're." She gestured between herself and Rinaa "the extreme exception to the rule, it's far more normal to stay on one planet or within one country. It's just being in a room full of pilots skews the stats a lot." Cliff had to agree. "Plus Earth hasn't reached proper space faring capabilities yet, that kind of travel is restricted to alien immigrants, those with highly advanced teleport tech, and the metas and mutants."

Cliff and Elliott could sense there was more to this reamark than Fia was revealing. But neither commented on it, considering it may not even be the timeline they end up with. Rinaa knew her timeline was vastly different, she was damn certain her time line's Fia did some travelling, but Rinaa tended to stay away from them anyway, it was just easier. But she also knew that John went stir crazy on planes. He absaloutly hated being cooped up with a whole bunch of smelly, sweaty strangers. And he'd come to assoscaite overseas travel with the League, so he tended to avoid it. "That's probably because every time I travel its because the League drag me into some of their shit for the millionth time, or Gary bloody Lester's gone and got a hunger demon trapped inside himself or Nat's gone freelancin' again and thinks it perfectly acceptable to call me and drag me halfway across the country to deal with whatever it was that's been discovered." Both of those had happened, but Gary (one of the Newcastle crew) was dead from that particular incident. Nat was still kicking, as far as he knew it had been four years since they'd last met up for an arse kicking team-up.

Last edited:
Fia thought it must have been an extreme exception to the whole where we grew up thing. So she didn't comment on it, she did however find what Cliff said about earth quite interesting. She looked across when John spoke up after her little comment about never going anywhere, and smirked. "Pretty much what you say every time I've attempted to bring it up" she replied, knowing it wouldn't cause too much safe go say it, as it was the same excuse the used. Though, there were more slagging off the League involved most times. If it wasn't that excuse it was the 'no because I can't risk you getting found and taken' type of excuse. Except said in a much more colourful manner.

Whilst they were all chatting Kay found she was feeling a lot better, and got out of bed, deciding to bring the plate and mugs out with her. She didn't even care she was still in leggings and the oversized shirt (oversized on her small frame anyway). Walking out she suddenly emerged when Fia said about John using the same excuse for something as in their future. "bring what up?" She questioned, walking into the kitchen and putting her bits in the sink.

What Cliff said was true, from that particular point in time, it would be at least five yeasrr before a return to the moon, and another twenty something before the first Mars colony. After that the tech would exponentially advance, giving proper space faring capabilities. First for the rich and the astronauts, cosmonauts and taikonauts, then slowly becoming more accessible for everybody. And around that time the aliens would reveal themselves. It wouldn't be an easy transition, and there would be noticeable resistance fron groups like fundamentalist Christians, flat Earthers and the like. There would be violence over everything and conspiracy theorists had a field day. But eventually it would settle down, and Earth would gradually become a multi-species hub with a booming space industry.

"Travelling anywhere outside of London, in a vehicle that isn't Chas's cab. John still bitches for England when the topic comes up it seems." Elliott replied. He'd witnessed many of John's bitchings about travelling in his time. Even though John had The House that could transport them anywhere, he kept it far away from League business. But all the main members had been in it at some point, which meant that John could summon them to The House whenever he wished (anyone who entered The House (bar the owner) automatically became its slave). "It's the same in my timeline, usually accompanied by various profanities in multiple languages." Rinaa added, knowing that would come as no surprise to anybody. She had one hand hidden in her hair, carefully massaging the spot where a headache was brewing.

Seeing the dishes stacked up by the sink gave Cal another idea. She gestured at Elliott. "You're on wash-up duty Ell" she smirked, enjoying bossing her brother around far too much. "Does the hot water tap work, or did that too get thrown out the window too?" Elliott smirked standing up, and gesturing at the battered kettle. Stuck on it was a sticky note in Deke's handwriting reading "modern art". "It should, but if not, Cal you're doing it."

Kay smirked at Elliott's reply about what they were talking about. "Not surprising in the slightest. I'm still surprised he willingly went to Seattle with me for breakfast one day" she said, remembering that morning fondly despite the awkward situation that was brewing up, she still had a massive laugh over it with him on that walk back to The House. She walked back to the group from the kitchen and sat on the arm rest. "Wait.. you took her home home?!" Fia asked John shocked. She had to use all her willpower to not say 'aunt Sam's and mum's childhood home'. She really wanted Kay to have her reunion with Sam a surprise, that only she was willing to let John know about and be in on it.

Kay chuckled at Rinaa's addition, about the use of profanities in multiple languages. "Sounds about right" she said back to Rinaa. She then chuckled at Cal bossing Elliott about to make him do the washing up and smirked even more when he made the quip about the kettle and tap, only for Cliff to tell Cal if it's broken she has to do it which would make sense considering her pyrokensis ability, making it easy to heat the water up.

The tap did actually work, their friends weren't that crazy. Elliott found himself laughing at the smart arsed note on the kettle. "Who wrote this?" He inquired, his voice laced with amusement. "Deke did, he thinks he's so funny." Cliff rolled her eyes when she spoke. Deke was actually hilarious, but as the mad scientist of the group, they always made jokes like that about him. Elliott settled himself to the dishes, Kay and Fia would know that it was always his job at John's when he was around. When he wasn't, John always did them, the one piece of housework he deemed necessary. But what she (and Fia) wouldnt know was that it also had been his job as a kid on Attil. A bittersweet memory, but years of doing John's dishes balenced it out.

"Yep, judging by the reaction, I'm guessing that story hasn't been brought up in your time?" John smirked, glad that they had found something Fia didn't know (besides Newcastle). "When was that?" Elliott had missed that story too John realised. "When you broke into the Watchtower. Would have told you, but the first thing we came back to was you on the receiving end of one hell of a left hook." The back eye had faded significantly, but it still remained as a mottled green-brown ring around his eye. Jay picked up on both the approval and disapproval in John's tone. The approval for the punch, which had been powerful and floored Elliott in one blow, and the disapproval at the punch being the best way to solve the problem. "Ah, yes. That story." Elliott's reply was curt, both had said a lot of things in anger that they hadn't meant, but he'd been the one to take it too far.

Rinaa's flickered back and forth between her parents, noting the change in body language in both. As she looked, her eyes changed colour, to the unmistakable stormy grey of Leah's eyes. At the same time, the faintest lines of tattoos appread on the skin of her arms and face. The exact match of the tattoos Fia saw on the Isogrii warrior version of her.

Fia noted the change in Rinaa and recognised the appearance instantly, especially the tattoos. She wondered then if this change meant she didn't know the story of the argument either, because Fia certainly didn't. Yet she didn't want to focus on the more negative side of that story that was clearly there. She looked back at John seeing the smirk on his lips, knowing that kind of smirk well. He was proud and happy about the fact she didn't know the story. "No it wasn't brought up! I would have remembered that one! You both have told me many stories but not that one." Fia replied to John finally. She also felt glad that Elliott clearly didn't know the story either.

"So spill!" Fia spoke up. Kay just laughed at Fia's reaction, she was clearly thinking it was some major thing by her reaction, and Kay could kind of see why, as like previously discussed by the lot of them, John didn't willing travel anywhere. "I guess I got him in a good mood that morning" she smirked glancing at John, knowing damn well it was the morning after they first slept together in The House's kitchen and the bond joined them together. "And?" Fia pried more. Kay knew in this instance Fia wouldn't drop it until she got the full scoop, and in that moment she saw Sam in her.

From Elliott's angle he couldn't see the change in appearance, which was just as well. Rinaa had never went for the facial tattoos instead concentrating on her arms, shoulders and neck. But this version had, the lines spiralling over the left side of the face. They were striking, espescially when the ink swirled underneath. The eyes had aged to about nineteen. Not knowing how far this would go, she quickly pulled on a hoodie, careful to ensure that the long curtain of hair fell over her the left hand side of her face, blocking it from view of Jay. The headache had relented slightly and she found herself relieved that all focus was on Kay, John and Fia.

John rolled his eyes. "Contrary to many psych evaluations both by the League and other sources" (i.e. Ravenscar and various other hospitals he had been in). "I am actually able to express positive emotions, and that morning was one of those days. I figured since we were in The House, which was as usual refusing to let us into the kitchen that actually has food in it." That was a genuine part of the story. The House had been very unwilling to let them into any other kitchen, considering what they'd been doing in the one they were already in. " I asked if she wanted breakfast in somewhere that wasnt London, so we ended up in Seattle." John told the story in his usual style, he had a skill for making people hang on to his every words, and talk to seamlessly they never realised there were bits missing from it.

Last edited:
Kay saw them all listening and she knew he was capable of other emotions, but she just loved teasing him, which he knew well. "What he is leaving out is the copious amounts of bullshitting we had to do to the owner to try and convince him I wasn't who I am, because he knew me since I was a kid, and we were just a normal British couple travelling there for the music history" she smirked. She too left out the whole 'oh and by the way we went full on animalistic in the kitchen we were allowed in the night before when Elliott, Jay and Chas left' part.

"Probably going to my favourite booth area was the risky move in all that, but it taught John a bit more about me, as I'm pretty sure the first thing he noticed was the carving of mine and Sam's names in the table" she added with a chuckle, remembering everything fondly. Especially when they were leaving the cafe arm in arm laughing hysterically at the idea of having her to wear a blonde wig and him having her hair as a disguise if they ever went back. "Dad? Lying his way out of an awkward situation? As at it isn't so!" Fia sarcastically replied. Her sarcasm clearly inherited from John.

"There was a lot of bullshitting" John remembered with a smirk, ignoring Fia's remark, bullshitting was something he'd had on his business card at one point. 'Demonologist, exorcist, master of the dark arts, professional level bullshitter' had quite the ring to it. But cutting it down to 'Demonologist, exorcist, master of the dark arts' just made it even better. If people couldn't figure out the bullshitter part, we'll that was their loss. He hadn't changed the card wording since then. But he was pretty sure he still had one somewhere in the trenchcoat or the apartment. "And the fake names of Matt and Amy came into it as well." He added fondly. "Let me guess where that came from? Matt Smith, Amy Pond?" John nodded "First two names that came into me head. Probably cos of that 10th Doctor jab Jay made earlier that day."

Jay just shrugged, it made sense, even if the personality was totally wrong. He was definitly more of the war doctor or Eccleston's 9th doctor personality wise. "80s punk featured promanently in said bullshitting." "That doesn't surprise me in the slightest."Chas remarked drily, as he entered the apartment, without Dan. He hadn't the faintest clue what they were talking about, but John and punk were one of the one true pairings in the universe. " And what kind of hour do you call this?" John smirked. " And where's the twin?" "Still fairly early in the morning, I was helping with resupply ship that came in. Dan said that he won't emerge until late afternoon at the earliest. And that Cal, your metal order for the armour has come in, so if you want to get started, just show up whenever, it's in your old room."

Kay also remembered the fake names fondly, mostly because when he used the name Amy for her, she couldn't see herself as an Amy but went with it anyway. She was about to add to the story when Chas made his entrance well known by replying to said punk music comment. She gave Chas a short wave of 'hi', as he walked in and John giving him jip as a best friend would. "So it worked then? The lie?" Fia asked, aiming it at Kay. "Yeah it worked kiddo. Took a lot of effort as he was believing John to a certain extent but not so much me. But we got round it. Then as we left we joked about switching hair colours" she smirked.

Fia had that face of mentally envisioning that look and she just equally grimmaced and laughed. "You blonde? Could see it, dad with an ombre? Ew no" she commented, which made Kay chuckle at Fia's reaction. "Pretty much our reactions too" Kay replied. "But yeah, other than that there's not much to tell about it to be honest" Kay then summarised. "Soooo...that should mean, if dad can take YOU to Seattle, he can take me at some point!" Fia grinned cheekily. Kay then realised that Fia was relentless when she got her head onto something, a trait she clearly picked up from John and Elliott.

The tattoos that had appeared on Rinaa had vanished juts as suddenly, and her eyes changed back to the green flecked ones she'd adopted. Just like Leah, her birth eye colour was a stormy grey, but she'd inherited the ability to change them at will, and had copied Cliff's striking green, but with flecks of silver and gold to symbolise each of her parents. She shook her head slightly as if snapping out of a daze, before returning her focus to the conversation. Rinaa had no clue what had just happened, but knew one thing for sure, she didn't need anybody in the room knowing until she'd figured out what was going on. It could be side effects of something, but she wasn't sure.

Cal flashed a thumbs up at the message, she usually helped with the resupply when possible, but evidently Dan and Chas had handled it between them. "Pancakes are in the fridge, Chas, get Cal to heat them up." Elliott figured it was only fair to put his sister on pancake heating up duty. John was about to make some comment with regards to Fia's delight at being able to try and manipulate him into taking her somewhere, but Chas cut over him, picking up on something Kay had said. "It's funny you should mention John with different hair, it's not quite ombre, but it's a dramatic change." John groaned knowing what was coming as Chas passed over the phone to Kay and Fia. It was a head and shoulders shot showing a younger (pre-Newcastle) John, with dramatic gelled-up spiky flame-red hair. His ears and nose were still pierced, eyes were bright, and contained no trace of the haunted look they contained now. Next to him was Sheryl, her head shaved bald.

(this'll be my last post for a while, I'm going out with friends til about half 5)

Fia being the observant one she is, noticed out the corner of her eye Rinaa shake herself out of a daze, but like before when the tattoos appeared, she said nothing to draw attention to it. When Chas spoke about the drastic hair colour difference John once had, both her and Kay got interested, especially when John groaned, seeming to know where this was going. Kay took the phone to see the photo of a red headed John and she let Fia lean over her to see it for herself. Of course, Fia being your typical 17 year old burst into fits of giggles, looking between the phone's photo and then John and back again several times.

She tried to get words out but couldn't even speak, doubling over in laughter. It was one of those moments where as amusing as it was, it wasnt as funny as the kid found it. Kay did laugh at Fia though, "you realise now she's never letting you live this down..right?" She said to John with a loving smirk. "Chas..you...need to send..me that!" Fia said in between gasping breaths of laughter as she tried to compose herself. "Fia please take a breather" Kay commented.

(That's okay, I'm out myself :) )

There was a story behind that picture, with John and Sheryl there almost always was. In this case it had been a dare with an either/or option. Either shave their head totally bald, or dye their hair a colour of the groups choosing. Sheryl had gone with the shave, not wanting to risk some hideous dye job. John had picked the dye job and had ended up as a redhead, which he didn't actually mind. There were far worse photos, and Fia laughing at that particular one didn't affect him. "It's not that bad, it's just annoying that the photo is still around." He smirked evily at Chas. "But that's not the worst hair style picture we have, is it Francis?" John rarely ever used Chas's first name, and this time the cabbie groaned, knowing that one of the more outlandish pieces of his past would be coming to light.

There weren't many things John could hold over Chas, but this was one of them. It was from the same dare as John and Sheryl, Chas also picking the dye option,a decision he regretted (unlike John, who'd taken the new colour in his stride). The photo was one John took, with a far younger Chas trying (and failing) to block his face from view. His hair had been longer then, not Elliott's length, but definitely long enough to be considered shaggy. Not to mention this was when he still had a fringe. The hair was a metallic aqua colour, with one lighter green streaks. There was no doubt that it was a skilled job, but it looked totally appalling on him. The whole group crowded around to look and all began laughing, this was a far worse photo than the one of John, who wasn't particularly embarrassed about his.

Fia after composing herself, did give him the fact it wasn't the worst colour in the world on him, but she had only ever known him with the blonde and so it was just highly amusing to her to see him with anything but blonde hair. "Okay okay..I give you that" she said, and knew something better was coming when he used Chas' first name. Even in her time it was still a thing, and the one trigger that made her know it was going to be a good story or photo if it was used.

Seeing the photo, like the others she burst into fits of giggles again, only this time she was flat out on the floor holding her stomach and crying with laughter. "Oh my god..I can't.. breathe!..so..funny!" Fia said through grasping breaths. Kay was convinced Fia would burst a blood vessel from the amount of laughing she was doing, rolling on the floor. She too was laughing at Chas' dye job and hairstyle of choice of the time, but seeing Fia that amused was even funnier to her. "Fia breathe! Damn girl you'll burst a blood vessel or something!" Kay laughed. "I can't! It's too funny!" Fia's voice was a mere squeak from the laughter. Showing the prankster of the Constantine-Hale family may bite them seriously in the ass one day, but for now it was just nice to see their kid being that happy, along with everyone else.

Rinaa looked at the haircut, laughing with the others, yet felt inspired. The colour was actually pretty damn awesome. Chas didn't actually look that awful with the fringe, he pulled it off when he was younger, and even now, he kept it slightly long at the front, but nowhere near the original level. "Before you ask, it was a shave or dye dare. The dye was determined by everybody else. Sher didn't risk it, which was definitly the smarter move. John got off easy with the red." "I'll have you know, I'd look fabulous with aqua hair." John smirked. "Is that a challenge?" Chas smirked back, raising an eyebrow. "Nope, just male egotitical boasting." "Gods forbid your ego grows bigger than it already is."

Rinaa just rolled her eyes at their antics. "None of you, except Jay and Elliott know anything about dying hair it seems. Let me show you how the professional does it." Both Rinaa and Leah knew how to dye and style their own hair, they were self taught, and had been known to do friends hair as a favour when they needed it fancy for weddings or similar events. Neither had any artistic skills, they only thing close to a art was hair and making 3D models. "The first one is me, the next two are my friends Cass and Max, but I did the hair. I didn't take the photos, I know an art student who does some insane designs and photography" The picture of Rinaa was a style she had also done in Fia's timeline with a shaved side. The second was her friend Cass with a crazy rainbow hairdo, while Max had gone for an edgy mohawk/faux hawk thing.

15 Short Hairstyles That Will Inspire You To Chop It All Off.jpeg35 Short Punk Hairstyles to Rock Your Fantasy.jpeg
Picture of Rooney Mara.jpeg

Kay listened to Chas saying it was a dare and she did so see if that was the case or not. "I did wonder, but at least you didn't bottle out of it and had the gull to go through with it. You gotta be given credit for that!" She told him. She knew plenty of people in her past who would be willing and quick to date others but date them, and they'd back out faster than The Flash could run. Unlike Kay, Fia could dye her hair, but she always chose not to. She was one of the few natural redheads that was proud of her hair colour, especially as it naturally had blonde highlights through it. It was part Kay and part John, and it was that that made Fia proud of her hair. Instead she'd be known to wear the odd wig every now and then to try out different hairstyles before deciding she'd stick with the the basic style she had.

The photos of the styles that Rinaa showed them was impressive. They were intricate styles which for a novice would be difficult to do, so Kay was impressed. Fia was composing herself finally, enough to look at the cuts and colours and was also impressed. "I recognise the style you're sporting!" She chimed in. "Always envied the courage to shave your own head, I just stick with doing right braids to get a similar effect sometimes, dunno if your Fia does the same or not" she remarked, but her Fia would have done the same. Especially when she went out hunting or training. She just loved braids, even more so if she used random throngs of material to tie them up with. "Always fancied having blue hair though" she added. "I could see you with blue hair actually" Kay had to admit, she could see her daughter pulling it off really well. She watched as Fia pulled out her phone and pulled up a pic of what she was previously trying to describe with the whole braiding thing. "Of course it's nowhere near as impressive as your work but eh.. I like it" Fia commented. "I suddenly feel very uncreative with my hair. If it's not down its in either a messy bun of ponytail" Kay chuckled.

Attachments

• PicsArt_02-20-06.53.33.jpg
    PicsArt_02-20-06.53.33.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1
All were impressed by the hair styles, it was one thing to cut your own hair and experiment with your own hair, but to do another person's hair required far more precision. The photographer also had the skills to emphasise the hair. She could see how impressed the others were, and it brought a slight smile to her face. Unlike with her musical talents Rinaa was perfectly willing to talk about her hair styling talents. When Fia said she recognised the style Rinaa smiled, relieved in a way to know Leahs hair was in safe hands (her own). "Yeah, she does do that, obviously doesn't let me near it." She was tempted to add 'pfft her loss' but refrained. She genuinely would have styled her Fia's hair if she'd asked nicely, but the relationship between the two meant that would never happen. One of the many things that would never happen in her timeline.

"As for shaving? It's not that big a deal, if you balls it up, so what?" It was clear then that Rinaa (like Leah) genuinely didn't give two fucks what people thought about her appearance, as long as she liked it, she was satisfied. "It'll grow back quickly enough anyway. Just walk like you own the place and nobody really notices. Or if it's that horrendously bad wear a wig or do a full headshave to really get the eyeballs popping out." She ran a hand through her own hair as she spoke. At the blue hair comment, Jay raised an eyebrow from her spot leaning over the back of the couch. "I'm going to take that as praise of my own hair you know. Blues been my colour for a long time." The only thing John could say about his hair was "Well if this is a competition for most uncreative hair, I win hands down, it just exists and is barely ever brushed."There was a hint of 'beat that' in his tone.

"You really are a dark horse aren't you? Where'd you learn to do hair like this? And do you do commissions for weddings?" "It's mostly self taught, I learned from watching Jay do her hair, and started experimenting on my own. Many hours of YouTube videos and scrolling through various images on Pinterest and the like also helped.... And yeah, I do commissions for people, usually for free or as a favour." "I know this may seem kinda weird, considering the timeline, but would you be interested in doing our hair for the wedding?" The last part was asked in a no pressure kind of way, but Rinaa leapt at the opportunity. "Are you kidding me? Hells yes I'll do it!"

Last edited:
The very moment Fia heard that Rinaa's timeline Fia doesn't let her near her hair both saddened her slightly and wasn't surprised. She knew from the previous conversations that they both didn't get along in Rinaa's timeline so it didn't shock her that her hair was a no go area like many things. "Well, if you wanna style my hair any time whilst we're in the same place, go for it. Just no shaving" Fia smiled. She then looked up at Jay when she replied about the blue hair corny and smirked, "funnily enough, it was always your hair that inspired me to want it" she told her truthfully. It was Jay's vibrant blue hair that made her wonder if she could ever pull it off and she did spend many hours on various apps playing about with shades of blues on selfies she'd taken to see what she'd look like with it.

"Yet you pull it off somehow, even if the temptation to brush it can get overpowering at times" Kay smirked. She would only threaten to brush his hair of she could never get her fingers through it like she liked doing, and he liked her doing. Kay was capable of making an effort with her hair, she just chose not to most of the time. Both Kay and Fia listened in on Cliff asking Rinaa to do their hair for the wedding and Kay particularly smiled at it, seeing how excited and happy Rinaa was to be asked. It obviously meant a lot to her and it was nice to see Rinaa excited by something. She figured it'd do Rinaa a lot of good to have that task.

It meant far more than they could ever know for Rinaa to be asked to do their hair. The only thing that could have made her more excited was paradoxically being asked to sing at the wedding. It was strange in a way, she had complete and utter confidence singing in front of strangers and friends, but in front of family she just clammed up and became too nervous to think straight. Strangers judgements affected her less for some reason. Rinaa had of course styled the couple's hair in the future, particularly Cliff's. She wasn't always purple, sometimes she left it as her natural blind, and other times it just got stripped away by the water of her home world. "I take it'll you'll be back to blond for the wedding? Considering you'll get dragged or thrown in the water at some point or another." Cliff nodded. "Exactly, I'll let you brew over what you think'll look good."

Jay had to smirk at that. She knew that her hair dramatic colour was the reason Elliott had wanted to dye his tips the same shade, but hadn't out of fear. As seen in the photos she and her brother had regularly dyed their hair, their trademark colours being blue, purple, black and a streak of silver to match her eyes. "Same with 'Lott." She lapsed back to the old nickname, which as Kay now knew was his birth surname. At first she'd said it to get under his skin, but it had taken on the form of a term endearment over the years, in accordance with Attili customs. "but only for the ends." She gestured with an eyebrow at Elliott who had his elbows propped on the area of the couch beside her. "Guilty as charged, though I never quite got around to doing it yet." He shrugged.

"Yeah I might" Rinaa didn't make a commitment to doing it yet, even though she knew the gesture was an olive branch of sorts. "I still have to do my own first, these weirdo bangs are totally not me." "What is with the bangs anyway?" Cal asked. "Dunno, I've never cut my hair like them. But yet every time I've died or shifted, my hair has morphed into this style. Which is a great blank canvas admittedly, but the bangs are an anomaly."

Fia listened to what Jay had to say about the hair thing and smirked when she got told it was the same for Elliott. She wasn't surprised that Elliott would be inspired to match Jay, especially as they were blatantly meant to be together in her eyes. "Well maybe you should sometime soon. You two can be all matchy matchy. Totally cliche but totally cool at the same time" Fia smiled. Her description of 'matchy matchy' was a thing she always said when the topic required it, and it was a saying the Fia in Rinaa's timeline would have said also. She then nodded at Rinaa who said she may do her hair or may not.

Kay just let the lot of them all talk hairstyles and hair colour amongst themselves. Having never been able to successfully dye her hair thanks to Fee being stubborn and not allowing it, she couldn't really contribute to the topic. She also knew that Elliott and John knew the whole unable to dye her hair as they spoke about it when Elliott wanted to change from the red to the purple in his hair.

Rinaa for the life of her couldn't understand it, and her friends had been stumped too. She instantly recognised Fia's saying. It had never been directed at Elliott and Jay in her time, as she'd never known Elliott either. It was one of the few things they actually had in common. There had been one time where she'd used that phrase to talk about the identical murderous expressions on Jay and Rinaa's expressions, and Chas and Trish had to jump in and stop before the assassin went to punch Fia through a wall. "This dye job'll fade out in a few days anyway, or sooner if we end up on Cliff homeworld, so I guess it could be done soon." "Yeah, that'd work, I brought spare dye here with me, if you want the exact same shade. It's somewhere in one of the bags." Jay was onboard with that idea, already wondering what they'd look like with matching hair.

"Well this brings us neatly around to disguising you. Or more precisely using you as a living mannequin for various awful make-up techniques. Anybody else want in?" Cal asked, reaching over for the bag with wigs, make up and some random prosthetics they'd bought for the laugh. John for once didn't want in. "I'll content myself with taking care of the photos." was his response, while Chas just shook his head, happy to watch (and also photograph). "I might, I'm gonna try sort my hair out first, or at least get an idea of what to do with it." Rinaa was half lying, she did want to sort her hair, but she also needed a few minutes to try figure out what the hell had happened earlier. Grabbing up her backpack, she made her way towards the bathroom. Once there she didn't bother closing the door, just braced her arms against the sink, sighed and stared into the mirror.

It was one of those sayings that no one seemed to understand, no one even knew where Fia got it from. Just one day she started saying it, surprising everyone who was in the room at the time and it just stuck. So everytime something or someone matched, she said 'it was very matchy matchy'. In the end it got to the point where future Kay and others just let her say it and put it down to her quirky behaviour and attitude. Fia just nodded smiling, knowing she would end up being jealous of the blue hair if or when it happened.

Kay decided against it on the whole, "I'm out, but if you want guidance on makeup I'll join" she smirked. If there was one thing she was good at it was make up. She was one of those rare females that could do perfectly symmetrical winged liner, as was always proven by her own makeup she wore most days. Fia of course jumped in with both feet. "Oh you KNOW I'm in!" Fia grinned deviously. If Elliott was regretting it earlier, he most certainly would now that Fia was wanting in on the little project. Dealing with a older sister was one thing, dealing with an older and younger sister? A whole new ball game entirely.

Elliott was tempted to ask Cliff for some kind of strong tranquillisers to knock him out for the process. But then he realised that would only be worse as they mightn't stay exclusively on his face. So staying conscious was the far better option. "Let's get this started then." Elliott plonked himself cross-legged on the coffee table, figuring it was the most central and easily accessible position for them all to work from. Jay didn't join in, instead nabbing a spot in the armchair with a good view. Jay didn't wear any make up, except for disguise purposes. Rinaa was the same in that regard, even for formal events. She was extremely tom-boyish in many ways. Cal dumped out a selection of make-up items, wigs, prosthetics and other things on the table. "Nothing permanent, and no hair alterations, they'll know something's up if I return to the cell with a major change." "Fair point" Cal agreed, taking up a make up brush, last thing they needed was to be shot in the foot over a laugh.

All seemed normal staring at the mirror, no trace remaining of the tattoos and sub-dermals that had swirled beneath her skin. Rinaa had her own Isogrii tattoos, but they came nowhere near the extent of her warrior timeline self. She scrutinised her arms, face and neck, her eyes leaving no inch unobserved. She even went so far as to get a second mirror to check her shoulder blades and back. There was nothing out of the ordinary, Every scar and blemish there was one she'd already had. "Oh Leah, you're losing your marbles." she groaned, resting her forehead against the cool ceramic of the basic. Alone she still called herself Leah, but for all other purposes, the version of Leah Tziyen that had once been her had ceased to exist. "Hallucinations? Or something more sinister? How the bloody hells am I supposed to know what just happened, and it's not like I can talk to them, bloody timelines" she swore, her rant flipping between English and Attili.

Kay stayed sat where she was watching as Elliott decided to sit on the table and Cal tipped out all the supplies they earlier bought to disguise him. Fia propped up onto her knees Infront of said table and looked through the supplies. If they weren't to mess with his hair, then a wig was their only option as it meant he could take it off before heading back to the cells. She was taking all this all too seriously, holding up the wig colours next to his face to decide which one would be best.

"Fia you are taking this way too seriously" Kay smirked, "well duh! He still needs to look good!" She replied not even looking back at Kay when she spoke. Kay just just shook her head. "Ell you're seriously gonna regret having two sisters now.. I hope you realise this" she commented, actually feeling sorry for him a bit. She then grabbed a cushion and shoved it behind her, needing it on her back, and running her hand back and forth over her baby bump.

Elliott just shrugged, "Ya well, it's not like I can do anything to change it, so I'm just gonna have to accept it." It could be a lot worse from the sounds of it. At least there was only two, unlike Cliff and her various brothers and sister who'd decreed her the one to go to about almost everything. Though it was probably worth considering moving out of John's eventually. He knew that Jay just crashed at A.J's almost every night as she didn't have anywhere. And if the timelines went the right way, he was going to need his own space to raise his own kid. That hadn't actually come up at any point when talking with Jay, what with the craziness of the timelines, and he found himself wondering how the hell it would work if they retained the memories of their kid from another timeline. Maybe they'd block them or something.

John just rolled his eyes, Elliott was taking it all admirably well. But he could tell his adoptive kid's focus was split. About a third was on what was going on around him, the other two-thirds were focused on contemplating something else entirely. Since they couldn't actually do anything to his hair (a fair condition in all their minds) it had to be tied up and out of the way. Cliff took charge of that, easily twisting the hair into a ponytail and then into a bun. Looking up Jay smirked widely. "I told you so." Not even John had seen Elliott with his hair properly back before, and the difference was startling. It emphasised his facial structure, and with the golden Devra eyes it gave him an air of otherworldliness. Jay on the other hand had, he tended to tie in back during sparring so it wouldn't be in his face, or when away on one of his periods of wandering so it would match the photo on his other passport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back