• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy into the dreamworld *:・゚✧ a darker magical girl roleplay {accepting}

kaninchen

𝓫𝓲𝓻𝓭𝓲𝓮

into the dreamworld.
the premise
In the half-asleep city of Wakubetsu, a mysterious woman granted middle schoolers one wish in return for their service as a magical girl.

Some wished for money or popularity and received enough to last them a lifetime; others for their parent's lives to be longer, or their friend to mysteriously disappear. The illusion did not criticise nor judge her patrons. She simply handed them an eternally blooming flower and sent them on their way. Soon enough the dreamworld was populated by frilly skirts, ribboned shoes and glowing scepters banishing its corrupted creatures, called phantoms, to the nothingness. Certain girls grew something of a following among their peers: their battles with phantoms were watched like sports events, those who knew them from beyond the mirror flocked about them like a celebrity.

Then years later, those same girls were found dead. Murdered in their magical girl outfits in collapsed buildings and ruined alleyways. Somehow, they had crossed into the dreamworld like the illusion, remaining half within the real world. The bodies counted on, another and then another. Names and faces magical girls recognized from their heydays. What had come to pass was now at the forefront of their thoughts once again. Girls began to unknowingly cross into the dreamworld without transforming, leaving them vulnerable to attacks by phantoms. The phantoms don't act like they use to, seeking them out like never before. So, the remaining girls banded to form a coalition to discuss the next step. If the illusion was taking their lives and their service those years ago wasn't enough, what was to be done?

At the first meeting, the illusion appears. She pulls the girls into the dreamworld, trapping them amongst her phantoms, and the fight to escape begins. All they know: the flowers are the key.
the rules
1. RESPECT
Respect everyone and the work they put towards their characters. If you can't abide by this rule I will eject you from the roleplay, because in the end this is a form of entertainment and I want it to be fun for everyone!

2. CHARACTER CREATION
This will be application based and I'm aiming for about five people, but we will see what happens. I encourage characters to know other characters! Some may have crossed paths prior. FCs will be REAL or you can opt out of a faceclaim. While this roleplay takes place in Japan, it is personal discretion if you want to create a character with a different ethnicity given they would have lived in Wakubetsu when the illusion encountered them. Lastly: while the majority of those the illusion picked were girls, if a magical boy is in your heart, you can still apply. They will be treated the same as their peers!

3. OOC
OOC will be taking place on Discord. It just makes it easier to chat and plot about things. Plus it's an easier way to get to know each other more!

4. EXPECTATIONS
Life is all busy and we all have real-world obligations. Please post at least once a week. While length will always depend on what's presently happening in the roleplay, a length of about 500 words is good. If you can't meet the deadline, just let me know! Don't worry too much.

5. CONTENT
Consider this roleplay to be on the same level as that of a zombie roleplay. The phantoms can impose physical damage, and the girls will undergo plenty of mental turmoil while they're in the dreamworld. This being said, I ask that you are 18+ if you wish to apply. There will be mature content, and setting this boundary allows everyone to be more comfortable as they roleplay.

6. HAVE FUN!
In the end, this is about magical girls! I would love to see concepts of their outfits, weapons and powers. I will have a theme for you to work off of once a CS is released!

This roleplay takes place in the early 2000s and all the characters have graduated highschool or are freshmen in college. They would have become magical girls at about 14-15 and have likely moved on from this phase in their life. Some have not. But regardless, many will look fondly on this part of their life because it brought a sense of comaderie. If you want to make a character know someone else, please do! Not everyone has to be a stranger.

This roleplay will have no set roles, because 1) can't think of any useful 2) would like to encourage many archetypes. If enough interest is shown I will proceed with a CS and the like! If people would prefer roles, I will make them :*)
the
illusion.
The mysterious, nameless woman who gave each magical being their gift and granted their wish has come to be known as little more than an illusion. A being who lurks half in their world and half in her own, calling out to her fledglings to return.
the
bloom.
When given their powers, each being was bestowed with a flower that never wilts. That is, until the owner dies. Somewhere in the dreamworld is the ultimate garden of the flowers, and in harnessing its power, they hope to defeat the illusion.
the
dreamworld.
The dreamworld is a mirror of the magical girls' reality. Whenever they are to transform and fight phantoms, they enter this plane. Their actions here have no effect on the regular plane in terms of environmental damage. While being similar, there are marked differences. It takes on a dreamlike quality, quiet and deserted and overrun with ivy and flowers, nothing but the noise of cicadas and birds. The phantoms roam freely in this plane, driven bloodthirsty by the illusion.
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:
this looks really interesting, I'm not 100% that I will be applying but I am considering it :bishiesparklesr:

Are you accepting magical boys or would I be able to make a character that changes from a boy to a magical girl?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back