• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Into The Ditch We Go

onyxaeon

Teal Knight
It’s Fan Service Friday ~~not I don’t care what day it actually is~~ and I’m about to info dump on you, and trust me you want that because it’s the fastest way to see if we’re gonna line up with our wants.

I answer to Aeon. I am 29, female, living in EST time with two crotch goblins under the age of two, five jack russells, and fifteen muscovy ducks on a hobby farm. I’ll talk about this zoo, husband included, from time to time, but despite all this I am a daily replier, multiple times a day in fact. If I can manage to do this while watching a zoo alone then surely there’s someone else out there who can manage. I only write het pairings (though I am very lgbtqa+ friendly!) for fandoms (oc x canon and canon x oc), and do so exclusively in the third person past tense format in what could be described anywhere from literate to novella range. I don’t ~~won’t~~ fade to black, and my limits are your limits. (That said I do have some favorites; soulmate AUs, odd pairings, age gaps—all characters 18+—, some social hierarchy dynamics). I have a sample for you below, and I’ll expect one from you because the last thing I want is for us to find out we hate how the other writes. I’m a furry (so anthro and furry friendly here!) and if you’re someone who loves weird little details like that and chatting ooc we’ll get along swimmingly.

Now that that has effectively removed 99% of the people looking to contact me, we can get into the more nitty gritty details. I can portray a wide assortment of different canon males from a myriad of different fandoms. My intention is to engage in a crossover for plot involving two rulers (both our male canons) and to bring in concepts from both these fandoms together in a perfect synchrony. I will go ahead and lay it out there the canon and the fandom I want to bring into this shared verse is *Kyojuro Rengoku* from **Demon Slayer**.

Oh and my discord, for faster response time from me, is AeonsMusings#8784.

———

Hello there! You have made it through the rigorous initial screening process. Kudos, Congratz, all the good well wishes, blah blah blah.

I’m not very fluffy when it comes to this kind of stuff, oops.

Here’s the plot bidness so I don’t waste more of your time:

Three kingdoms lied in ruin, chaos in their lands. Famine and death, war and plague, the mystical and the divine all converging upon a single and unfortunate truth. Fate had given the great king a lust for beauty and a heart too weak to see out the full of his days. Two queens he took to bed, both falling with child. In days of one another they revealed their states, and the king awaited the birth of whichever heir would finally join two kingdoms and save their realms. The third, unaligned and ill-equipped without the backing of its brother, would surely perish. Two queens labored on the same day, in the same room, the birth of one’s son condemning the other, for he who was first would unite their kingdoms and rule unopposed when he came of age. Both young princes took their first breaths together, and so the kingdom bore witness to the first of its kind—twin rulers, equal in might and birthright, to rule over the three realms.

We may add in whatever chaos we want with this. Perhaps the brothers do not see eye to eye, perhaps the kingdom is divided on who is the “true heir,” whatever the case it’s a whole mess of fun. This is meant to be a historicalesque setting, but we could do a more modern variant, I’m not picky.

Some caveats: I am all about the fanservice. You hate that your canon has short hair and like them better styled long? You got it. The fact their height isn’t to your liking and they need a few inches? Sure thing. I’ll grant you whatever tweaks and head canons you want to add, just so long as you put up with mine and your portrayal of your canon is otherwise generally faithful.

Below I have listed a wide range of canons I can play for your oc gal. Please note whatever gimmick that’s apart of their world, it will be crossed over into the joined new verse. Ex. you pick Hiccup and dragons come part of the package.

Demon Slayer:
Tengen
Rengoku (yep, you can ask for him too!)

Yu Gi Oh:
Atem/Yami Yugi
Yugi

Pokémon:
Red
Leon
N

Full Metal Alchemist:
Roy Mustang

Inuyasha:
Inuyasha

Jujutsu Kaisen:
Satoru

Castlevania (Netflix Series):
Trevor Belmont

My Hero Academia:
Aizawa
Hitoshi
Fumikage
Mirio
Tamaki
Hawks

How to Train Your Dragon:
Hiccup

Rise of the Guardians:
Jack Frost

You can also just…ask. I may know em, I may not. ;3

———

Sample:

The fanfare was something she had unfortunately gotten accustomed to over the years. People, and the media really, loved their heroes and this was a chance to see an entirely new generation come to life. U.A. High School’s entrance exam was one of the most televised events of the year. Parents, families, hero agencies, and even the general populace all tuned out to see just who, or what, would come through those gates as the the top ten. Only the best of the best were allowed to study at U.A. and so only those who earned the most points during the entrance exam would be permitted, along with up to five students who would join their class purely on recommendation alone, to continue in the program. As Uchida Akira, better known as Akira to anyone who asked her, gathered her thoughts privately, many potential students around her chartered about the potential obstacles, warning about what previous years had gone through, some saying they had all the answers and others remaining scared out of their wits or nervous as hell. She, however, was singularly calm. There was no reason to panic.

Even still, she found herself fixated on this concept of lack of space versus potential risk of not revealing her quirk. One way or another she would have to reveal it to her classmates and the staff. Was it not better to get it over with right away or to wait? She toyed with this notion as one of the faculty came on stage. A professional hero, Hizashi Yamada, known more by his hero name Present Mic, walked onto the stage. With the benefit of his quirk Voice (which allowed him to increase the volume of his voice, giving him the ability to create loud and high pitched sounds), he was able to project himself to the crowd and announce the start of the entrance exam. Before the doors opened, he left everyone with brief instructions. Each robot opponent was assigned a point value. The one with the most points would rank first, second most points second place, and so on. If someone failed to make any points, they would not be considered for admission. He gave no indication as to how many opponents there were. “The great hero Napoleon Bonaparte once said... 'True heroism consists in being superior to the ills of life.' Plus Ultra!! Break a leg, everyone!!”

All around Akira students either powered up their quirks or poised themselves to use what was already displayed on the surface. She remained calm, steady. Long black ears pivoted, tail twitching in response to changing wind patterns and the scents they brought. There was no need to waste the unnecessary energy just yet. When the doors opened and the siren blared, every student bolted for the double doors which both closed and bolted behind them. There was initial confusion until robots began to pour from the woodwork of varying point values. The first were one pointers, only small fry which the crowd was initially distracted with. Akira, like a few of the wiser students, headed toward the center of the arena where the most densely packed group of opponents were to be. On her way, she opted to reveal only a portion of her quirk—shadows which had been cast from the robots tightened, pulling taunt until they drug the affected robots down and into broken piles. She was able to cut through a string of two pointers and a handful of three pointers, dodging shell fire and flash bombs before more opponents appeared as did the late-to-the-party first in students from the start of the exam. It was a respectable 58 points but in her gut she knew there was more to come. A loud rumble confirmed her suspicion and in the distance as a massive mechanical beast rose up, shattering nearby windows. All eyes turned to the machine. Most students fled. In fact, It was most likely the point as the villain had a zero point value assigned to him. Even still, Akira remained, as did the eyes of all of Japan for the media had zeroed in on a young woman whom had been doing very well in the exam but was currently struggling to get out from under heavy concreate debris.

Akira cursed and leapt forward, shadows prying off of nearby buildings and scattering bodies alike. Students risked life in this exam every year and the faculty would not call off the event if someone were pinned, particularly not when they controlled the machine in question. This was real hero work; there were no safety guards.

——

Tired, dark purple eyes regarded the Jumbotron screen displaying the beginning of UA’s entrance exam. For students such as himself, those whom had entered the prestigious hero course on recommendation alone and thus had no need to participate in the annual brawl as it were, this was merely formality. He didn’t need to watch any of this unfold, much less be present in one of the UA media rooms doing so, but it was a more ideal way to spend the afternoon than sitting at home. That, and he would be able to see things from UA’s cameras that weren’t going to be televised pertaining to his fellow would be classmates. It was the quickest, easiest way to get a read on his peers without actually having to talk to any of them and this suited him just fine.

There were others who had gotten in on their own separate recommendations wandering the room around him, talking to one another and enjoying the provided lunch. It wasn’t worth it to get too involved with any of them in that moment—after all, he didn’t know what class they would be divided into just yet. None of them did. It was a simple truth that there was great potential among those who’d had already been accepted and those down on the field fighting for their spot. He could ascertain this even now with his limited understanding of a few moves he’d already seen displayed. This unfortunately meant that, with the wide pool of potential, there was bound to be a separation of classes. There were simply too many with promise to house in a singular hero class.

With this division would inevitably come a clique like structure, and though he didn’t particularly care to participate it was theoretically better to stick to his own group as he would be involved with them the most over the course of the year. For now, he kept his distance and watched. Observed. Hitoshi took mental notes here and there, keeping a running list of who seemed to be fairing well while disregarding those who seemed to lack potential entirely. Someone had approached him at some point during the course of the exam, attempting to strike up what he was sure was an attempt at a friendly conversation but his unenthusiastic responses eventually served their goal and shooed the individual away.

He didn’t have time to make friends. This was all about studying who was going to be his biggest competition on the way to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back