• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Into Darkness - OOC

I've written a good chunk of mine. It's been a mixture of work and sick keeping me from getting it up. I'll try when I can.

It would be nice to get this moving over the weekend. I've decided to give it until 11:59PM on Sunday to at least hear back from everyone before I consider making some changes to the personnel. Whisker Whisker you're alright, thanks for the update, sheesh sheesh too obviously. I really don't want it to come to that but I don't want to let this RP fade into obscurity either.

In the meantime, I've continued to work on this behind the scenes little by little, further fleshing out the story line and detailing the world to give you guys more material to work with. Unlike any RP I've ever done before I've spent weeks contemplating all my ideas for this story so it's all coming together pretty nicely now, and there will be plenty of interesting lore for our characters to uncover. I'm currently working on a list of the Known World's important individuals (kings, lords, etc) with a short description for each character and it's been a little more ambitious of an undertaking than anticipated, but it's coming along. I also plan on rewriting the entire "Races & Magic" section to explain things in more detail when I get around to it.

It would be nice to get this moving over the weekend. I've decided to give it until 11:59PM on Sunday to at least hear back from everyone before I consider making some changes to the personnel. Whisker Whisker you're alright, thanks for the update, sheesh sheesh too obviously. I really don't want it to come to that but I don't want to let this RP fade into obscurity either.

In the meantime, I've continued to work on this behind the scenes little by little, further fleshing out the story line and detailing the world to give you guys more material to work with. Unlike any RP I've ever done before I've spent weeks contemplating all my ideas for this story so it's all coming together pretty nicely now, and there will be plenty of interesting lore for our characters to uncover. I'm currently working on a list of the Known World's important individuals (kings, lords, etc) with a short description for each character and it's been a little more ambitious of an undertaking than anticipated, but it's coming along. I also plan on rewriting the entire "Races & Magic" section to explain things in more detail when I get around to it.

Neat-O. I'd really enjoy this RP if people posted, but I don't know if they're lazy or just putting it off for another reason. I don't want it to die.

Last edited:
I should be able to reply tomorrow barring any hiccups. This should be my last day training people so Ill have more time afterwards.

As I mentioned a few days ago, tonight in approximately eight hours those I still haven't heard from since Wednesday are at risk of being replaced. I would start looking for new players tomorrow if it came to that, however I hope to hear from all of you in the next few hours so that it doesn't.

Nowhere near my best, but it was a long day and I had to write in a hurry. xD At least it's up.

I like it! Well done.

I'm heading to sleep now, but I just put up a new interest check to see what my options are when I wake up. If nothing changes, and there's interest, I will consider a new Elf and a new Dwarf character. Last chance to step up for whitepaperplates whitepaperplates and Kirito Kei Kirito Kei .

Do water mages manipulate ice as well?

(hihi all ^_^; excited to be a part of this soon!! Damn work.. wish I could wish into the end of the day)

Edit: Also, could you tell me the topography due east of the mainland :D? I wish to come up with a city of my own =P Nothing groundbreaking, maybe a city of mages. But since I read that you encourage it... why not?

Last edited:
Do water mages manipulate ice as well?

(hihi all ^_^; excited to be a part of this soon!! Damn work.. wish I could wish into the end of the day)

The answer to your questions is yes, they can manipulate water or ice in their separate forms. They can also freeze water.

While I'm answering a question about magic, I should specify for everyone in this RP that magic in this world is mana based, meaning that what fuels your magic abilities is a source of power your character can summon through their body in limited amounts based on their ability. It works like energy, the more mana you expend the more exhausted your character will become until they can do it no longer or outright pass out, until they rest and replenish it. Alchemy exists in the world so there could be potions to help this. Anyone who has ever played an RPG like Diablo or countless others can easily understand the concept of mana I'd like to incorporate here. I have too many tidbits of information about this world (a lot of which is not well written, just for my reference) to just throw every thing at you guys so when I am reminded to share something useful once in a while with a question like this, I'll try to do it.

I've brought on three new members to help move this along. I think at this point it's fair to say whitepaperplates whitepaperplates has lost interest as I've tried to contact her and received no response, but should she or Kirito Kei Kirito Kei wish to rejoin at any point they can feel free to contact me and we will work something out. For the moment, these new members will be our new Elf and Dwarf. As I had extra interest, I brought on a third member as another Human Magi.

Elf - The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Dwarf - Mazzie Mazzie
Human Magi - Lekiel Lekiel

The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof and Mazzie Mazzie please confirm your participation when you can. Thanks!

Last edited:
Aah thanks a bunch! I'm working right now, but hopefully I'll have my CS up by this evening and be able to start working on an intro post :)

I've finally completed one of the things I was working on, which was the more in-depth description of the Mainland, notably the addition of the twelve provinces. It doesn't really change anything for the story or any of your characters, just gives you more information to work with and a better layout of the land. Check out my new additions in the second post here:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/into-darkness-the-known-world.322281/

What's coming next is a bigger project I've been working on which I mentioned a few days ago, a list of important people in the Known World, which will hopefully be done in a few days. It will contain all of the world's Kings and Lords, and other notable NPC's our characters encounter. I will continue to add to all of this information as the story progresses.

BOOM! over 2k words... lol And sorry about the sloppy finish to the post, deff rushed it... But I promised 100% that I would have it up tonight! ;)

I got carried away the first couple days I worked on it with detailing nasen and realized i was not going to be able to keep up that pace... id have a freaking book done by the time he got to whardon. lol anyways hope this is good enough!

Very nice, I enjoyed it. Now we are making some progress! I needed for someone to come up there before proceeding with the story. However, I will hold off before posting again as I'd like all our characters to reach the church before I do. For those who haven't yet posted, feel free to come to the top of the church or wait outside, either way the party will move outside for the meeting.

In other news, we will need another Elf character I believe. I re-opened the interest check, but if we don't get one right away it's not the end of the world. Kirito Kei Kirito Kei is always welcome to reclaim the position as well.

I must admit that I had not read D dustyMTL 's character background before I completed mine. Hence, we now have a discontinuity where Regalia's parents who are also nobles are still back in Nassen ^-^;

MY BAD!

I must admit that I had not read D dustyMTL 's character background before I completed mine. Hence, we now have a discontinuity where Regalia's parents who are also nobles are still back in Nassen ^-^;

MY BAD!

I'm sure it's not a big issue, great job on the post.

Just waiting on Mazzie Mazzie 's character now and for her to join us. I'll be starting my second post slowly in the meantime, to be ready by the end of the week.

I started my post last night, it's coming along well. This one won't be as long as the intro as I have much less setting up to do, but I do have a busy weekend ahead of me (won't have a chance to work on it tonight or tomorrow). I will say that it should be completed no later than Monday. Prepare your weapons, as our first taste of combat will come quickly!

For anyone who ventures into this thread due to the "SPOTS OPEN" mentioned in the title, PM me or visit this thread for more information:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/into-darkness-detailed-lotr-style-adventure-spots-open.325699/

Last edited:
Just wanted to ask you guys to weigh in here, would you prefer I push the story ahead right away, or leave some time for you guys to interact and flesh out your characters more and mess around in Whardon? Basically, Zander is gonna ask your characters if they are willing to follow him now, and ask them to meet him later on in the day outside the city. I can either end my post there, or skip ahead to our next meeting and proceed with the events that take place there. Any opinions on this?

Just wanted to ask you guys to weigh in here, would you prefer I push the story ahead right away, or leave some time for you guys to interact and flesh out your characters more and mess around in Whardon? Basically, Zander is gonna ask your characters if they are willing to follow him now, and ask them to meet him later on in the day outside the city. I can either end my post there, or skip ahead to our next meeting and proceed with the events that take place there. Any opinions on this?

I'm down for some interaction with the other characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back