• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Into Darkness - OOC

Hey guys! Glad to be a part of this new adventure! My names Dusty, I used to RP with Ghost back in the day, he hit me up with this awesome new idea, and of course I was on board!

Excited to get going with the story. I apologize if my first few posts lack some creativity ... as its been a while. And I currently have no laptop, but should be getting one this friday, so only my first post may be delayed.. Sorry in advance!

Happy to meet you too.

Also, GH0STV GH0STV brilliant post. Question though, should all of our introductory posts end with us somehow in the church?

Yes exactly. The idea is that all our characters have been summoned there at dawn, so we will all be getting there within a few minutes of each other. Between the information I gave in the interest check thread (which I'll add to this post for convenience) and in my post you should be able to find a way to get your character there. If you decide that your character knew Aaron you can disregard the written message altogether and find out about the meeting in person like Zander did if you prefer.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thank you.

"Along your travels, a written message with your name on it found its way into your hands. A man you may or may not have known by the name of Aaron has summoned you, as one of the land's most renown mercenaries, to Whardon for a quest, the finer details of which he begs cannot be shared in this message due to the risk of it being intercepted. He does however continue to say that this a quest unlike any other, one of great importance, and delivers a promise of immeasurable fame and riches upon its successful completion. Should you be interested, you are to locate a tavern called “The Seagull” in Old Whardon, and ask the bartender, a man named Hernan, where to get the best view of the ocean for directions to the meeting place. He includes the date of departure, and begs your presence."

Perfect. I'm really looking forward to your replies!

One thing I would ask as we kick this off is to keep your posts in the RP thread free of any tags or OOC comments. If you need to draw someone's attention to something I prefer you do it using this thread or via PM. Sorry, I'm nit-picky like that haha.

Perfect. I'm really looking forward to your replies!

One thing I would ask as we kick this off is to keep your posts in the RP thread free of any tags or OOC comments. If you need to draw someone's attention to something I prefer you do it using this thread or via PM. Sorry, I'm nit-picky like that haha.

First post up. Both me and my character are tired due to it being the later hours for me.

GH0STV GH0STV

I know all of the races speak english, but do they also have their own native language? I know this seems like a no-brainer when it comes to fantasy settings, but it never hurts to ask.

GH0STV GH0STV

I know all of the races speak english, but do they also have their own native language? I know this seems like a no-brainer when it comes to fantasy settings, but it never hurts to ask.

Each race has their own language but over time the common tongue has become predominant. Only the Drakken in Vizishin still will speak their native language over the common tongue.

Nice posts, you two. I might be a bit delayed on mine because of work but it's coming!

Hey everyone. Just to let you know I'm still around even if it's been quiet here.

As a week has gone by since my first post and sheesh sheesh 's reply, I feel the need to check in with you guys to see where you're all at. I know D dustyMTL has made some progress as he has shared some of what he wrote so far with me. I'm very understanding of the fact that life can get in the way of things, so I'm willing to be patient for some good posts. However, I'm sure we've all seen RPs die before they ever get off the ground, and I don't want that to happen to this one, so I need to make sure you guys are all still committed to this thing moving forward. I'm quite certain this story will be worthy of your time and involvement as we progress through it so I hope all of you still wish to partake, however if you're having second doubts about your availability for this one it isn't too late to back out as we haven't really gotten underway yet.

If anyone is stumped or in need of inspiration, as usual I'm always up for a PM and we can discuss some ideas.

I hope to hear back from all of you soon. Cheers.

EDIT: I thought I should also add while I'm at it that I prefer simple posts, so you shouldn't spend any of your time making it fancy with code or colors or anything like that. I'm an old school roleplayer, I like my plain black text haha.

Whisker Whisker Kirito Kei Kirito Kei whitepaperplates whitepaperplates

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back