• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Into Darkness - [CLOSED]

GH0STV

Meta-Magic Eight Ball

INTO DARKNESS: END OF AN AGE

Welcome! This is a story I had been planning for a little while that is now underway, but we are looking for a few characters to replace some we've lost. The story begins simply enough, but will evolve into what I hope will be an adventure of epic proportions, which will be very story-driven and filled with combat, plot twists, and character development. We are still in the early stages of the story at the moment, so if you are interested this is a great time to jump in. Read on for more information.

The Setting – First Age of the New Era
It was a time of great peace in the Known World unlike any it had ever seen, for almost a thousand years had passed since the Great Wars with no major conflicts to speak of. However, over the past few years some trouble had been brewing in The Mainland. The world was undergoing some changes, as a sudden alarming rise in temperature in the Northern part of the continent had lead to massive amounts of melting snow in the mountains, and the subsequent mass flooding across the land had left many settlements at risk of being submerged. Meanwhile, rumors ran rampant of an evil growing in the the Dwarven Kingdom, which some believed could be connected to the climate change problem. But whatever information was known by those in power was being withheld from the general population, and as such nobody really knew what was truly going on, leading to much agitation across the Mainland.

The Roleplay
Into Darkness: End of an Age IC
Into Darkness OOC
The Known World
The World's Races and Magic

The Characters - Character Sheets

For the story, I like to have at least one of each of the following characters in addition to my character. Currently, we are primarily looking for a Dwarf character. I will be expecting a very basic character sheet as I prefer to learn about your characters through the story, and would specifically request that you not use pictures to portray your character. I purposely left the description of many things relatively ambiguous so that you can feel free to be creative any way you want. In creating your character back story, you can get as creative as you like in creating new locations within the three major continents, as the ones I provided are only the major settlements in the Mainland.

Race - Role Played By

Human - GH0STV as "Zander", Fumes as "Arthur"
Human Magi - dustyMTL as "Dyzek", Lekiel as "Regalia"
Elf - Collidias Rex as "Helgut"
Dwarf - OPEN
Drakken - Whisker as "Yssith"

If interested in the open position or even another which isn't currently open, please notify me via PM. I would prefer discussing things that way rather than in the thread. I can also provide a short summary of the events of the RP so far if you don't have the time to read through it all. Cheers!

Misc Information

This RP is for you if...

- you enjoy high fantasy settings, adventure and combat influenced by media such as the Lord of the Rings series and Elder Scrolls games.
- you enjoy very story-driven roleplays.
- you enjoy reading and writing long and detailed posts.
- you are sick of roleplays that die out long before they are seen to completion. If that is the case, I promise you that this won't be a waste of your time, as I will never let this RP die. I also split the story I had planned into three parts to make completing each one easier, as it likely would have been too much for a single roleplay. Whereas some of these types of RPs can take years to finish, I don't expect it to take us more than a few months to reach the end of part one at our current pace.

Based on what I have experienced on RPN with my roleplay so far, I thought I'd leave a few additional notes so you know exactly what you are signing up for.

- This is a detailed roleplay with long posts. There is no set minimum post length, but I do expect a certain level of quality and descriptiveness.
- It can be quite time-consuming to write detailed posts, and we all have lives outside of roleplaying. For these reasons, please don't expect to be posting or reading new posts for this story every day or even every other day. I like one post per week as a general rule of thumb, but I am understanding of longer delays within reason.
- With this kind of RP, you can expect it to get pretty quiet both in the IC and OOC sometimes for several days in a row. When this happens, please don't assume the RP is dead and lose interest. As stated above, I will never let this RP die - all I ask is that you remain patient and dedicated. If you are committing to this, you should be prepared for some delay between posts.
- The only "rule" I have for this RP is to not use code in the IC or in your character sheet as I personally find it to be distracting from the writing - not that I think it can't work for other RPs, but it's just my preference. So you can expect to be reading posts just in plain text.
- I'm always available via PM to help in any way I can, if you'd like ideas for your character or your posts I'm happy to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back